NATION

PASSWORD

NSCF 10 Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:45 pm

The following is a transcription from a mainstream Nui-tan news channel.

"And welcome back to Maashur Network's evening news with Anil Braaheen. In sports news, University of Rahku making big news across the country tonight with their win against Reimsburg Tech University of the Sandwich Territories. The Hawks won a tough match against Reimsburg with a 20-7 win, scoring three touchdowns, two of them in the later half of the game.

Nui-ta's entrance into the NSCF 10 season is the first major international collegiate sporting event in the country's history. Although the first half showing was poor, the third and fourth quarters held a stunning turnaround for the game's end, with two seven-point touchdowns and a strong showing by the defensive team, bringing Nui-ta from 6 to 20 points.

The win came after dismal pre-season predictions by the internationally acclaimed "Sporting World" magazine, which ranked the University of Rahku as the lowest-ranked team taking part in the entire event. Conversely, Reimsburg Tech was ranked as the fifth-highest ranked team, due to strong showing in NSCF 9. They're the reigning champions for the Mineral Conference. Although there was a lot of anxiety and doubt over Matchday One's home-field event of Rahku vs Reimsburg, the victory has seen the Rahku team's popularity skyrocket.

Sports, especially college sports, have just gone from being an adolescent whimsy to a full-blown phenomenon out here in the Chancellorship. The University's football team is getting a lot of attention and applause. We should also mention that since the match, Sporting World Magazine has released a list of the top 10 teams after Match Day One for anyone following the NSCF 10 games.

Rahku University has ranked "8" within the top 10. Although the team remains only the third-ranked within the Mineral Conference (the subdivision of the games of which Nui-ta is grouped into), enthusiasm for its future prospects have reached an all-time high.

That isn't to say that the team is out of the woods yet --- Match Day Two has another home-game showing, facing the Hawks off against NSCF's number 2 team, the University of Port Salem's Anchors. The real test remains in the fact that the Anchors have been in the NSCF since NSCF 6, and are consistently ranked at the top of the Mineral Conference.

Win or lose, Match Day Two is sure to be a treat for any sports fan. The projected rank for ratings of the live television feed of the game are at the top of national charts.

Let's hope the home field advantage kicks in for us a second time!

In related news, the Hawks face their first away-game in the NSCF for Match Day 3, heading out to Darmen to play Scott City University. This is another match that's being watched by sports fans around the country, as the post Match Day One rankings have Scott City at number 7, and Rahku at number 8. They'll have a home-game against Ixqa State of Peruvian Highlands and an away-game at Salem Community College, out in West Guiana, which is also where the Port Salem Anchors are from".
Someone cares? Okay then. Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

INFP-T personality, quite heavy on the I,P, and T.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:18 pm

OOC: Since I didn't have time to do this during the World Bowl...

Sporting World

National Football Team Quarterback Drasko Pecar Arrested for Child Abuse
by: Eric Guay

Drasko Pecar was arrested today in Oldston, Nejax on charges that he beat his 2-year-old son with a tree branch. Pecar is the starting quarterback for the Holy Republican National Football Team. According to police, Pecar was in Nejax recently, visiting one of his, reportedly numerous, children and the boy's mother, who is not his wife, when his son reportedly began to throw a typical toddler temper tantrum. According to police, Pecar responded by breaking off a branch of the nearest tree and proceeding to brutally assault his child with the tree branch. Police say that the boy had numerous marks and scars all over his body a week later. Tilia Johansson, a worker for Oldston City Social Services, told me that "The injuries to the boy are some of the worst I have ever seen and I've seen plenty of children who have been abused by their parents." It certainly sounds extremely bad.

Pecar is a star quarterback for Logan Allen's National Team, known for his athleticism, but also known for his mediocre play in the pocket. This is the second Holy Republican National Football Team player who has gotten into trouble with the law in recent months. Jonas Rasmussen finally became a star on the gridiron during the last World Bowl, but off the field, he is most well-known for punching out his wife in an elevator. When I reached Coach Allen, he reiterated to me that "What happens off of the field is none of my business. As long as my players show up to the game ready to play, they will play. I am not a policeman or a judge, so I have no right to punish my players in any way for what they do on their own time. In addition, I refuse to comment on specific cases involving my players. Besides, it isn't like you're interested in printing their side of the story anyway." Actually, I am interested in their side of the story, but the National Football Team continues to stonewall the press.

Like his running back, Pecar has plenty of supporters around the nation and especially here in Nejax. Gastone Genovese of Falkamore, Nejax told me that "The problem these days is that there are too many do-gooders running around telling us how we can raise our kids. What right do these people, most of whom don't have any children of their own, have to tell us how to raise our kids? Back in my day, children were seen, not heard and expected to like it that way. If we didn't, our parents would set us straight. These days, everybody and their brother is trying to tell us that we need to coddle our kids and give them trophies for finishing last rather than treating them like the good for nothing brats that they are. That's why I voted for that Consul Kulseth, because we need laws against parent abuse and we need to repeal those silly laws against child abuse. Child abuse is just some name those no-good do-gooders came up with for what we called parenting back in the good old days." As somebody who grew up in rural Nejax, I can personally attest that these kinds of attitudes are still widespread, in this day and age.

Then again, you probably already knew that. Just the very fact that I have to write Holy Republican National Team instead of Republican National Team is proof of just that. There are, apparently, a majority of my countrymen who actually wanted a consul whose loyalties lie in St. Petrus rather than Republica. Regardless, it is past time to recognize that you should never lay a hand on a child. Child abuse is utterly unacceptable and it makes me sick to my stomach that there are actually people out there who think that they are assaulting their children, for their "own good" and don't even realize how preposterous that claim is. I applaud the Sheriff in Oldston for arresting that child abuser and hope that he will be convicted, to send a message, to a culture that badly needs it, that violence against children is absolutely unacceptable. That is also a message that the Consul from St. Petrus needs to hear, loud and clear.

Eric Guay is an intern for Sporting World. A student at Nejax Republic University, Eric was originally assigned to the Internet beat, to report on stories of relevance to our readers that break online. He has since been re-assigned to report on the latest happenings in football.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Neva Esperano Federal College (PAT) 3–7 St. Thomas University (EST)
Jachaelter University (JAC) 0–52 College of Murin (ETA)
Ceneisis Naval Academy (AFT) 0–6 Runtrown Technical (KMN)

Zephyr Conference Pld W L PF PA PD
1 College of Murin 2 2 0 63 7 +56
2 Jachaelter University 2 1 1 17 68 −51
3 Runtrown Technical 2 1 1 22 17 +5
4 Ceneisis Naval Academy 2 1 1 23 23 0
5 St. Thomas University 2 1 1 14 14 0
6 Neva Esperano Federal College 2 0 2 20 30 −10
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:51 pm

The Roaring Dragon
Ramusok Capital University's Official Online Newspaper

RCU fends off late Silverbourg rally to win first game of season
By Colin Abernacky, Junior

POST-GAME REPORT
RAMUSOK - Despite four turnovers, the Dragons' nerve-wracking 29-17 victory over NSCF newcomers Université Royale de Silverbourg turned out to be a valuable early-season learning experience for the team.

Brandon Reigner threw two interceptions, one in the 1st quarter and another nearly damning one in the 4th, and also fumbled away a perfectly fine snap deep in Silverbourg territory in the 2nd quarter. Such mistakes are inexcusable for a player of his experience, but the senior quarterback was able to overcome the errors with a brilliant display of pinpoint passing, completing 86% of his passes in the game.

Reigner's three giveaways, in addition to a fumble from change-of-pace back Darrelius Diggs late in the 4th, allowed Silverbourg to linger despite being outmatched. The Helisazians cut their deficit to 22-17 with ten minutes remaining and a tense silence fell over Capital Coliseum. The blue-clad fans were not delivered from their anxiety until Reigner capped off a 50 yard drive by finding Mordeus DeVane for a 13-yard touchdown on the back-corner fade with less than two minutes remaining.

"We have definitely got to get better and clean up a lot of things," head coach Darren Howard said. "There wasn't the usual level of excitement in the locker room for having just won a game. The guys know they didn't play the kind of football that it takes to win games consistently in this league. Fortunately, we made enough big plays down the stretch to get away with it this time."

Aside from his two interceptions, Reigner threw only three incomplete passes all game. He went on a run of 19 consecutive complete passes in the first half that broke a school record (18) set by Jerome Finnegan a decade ago. The strong performance, despite its uneven nature, has put Reigner in the conversation for Offensive Player of the Year, though that may not mean much this early in the season.

Reigner had plenty of help from his receivers and backs against Silverbourg. Sophomore wideout Akim Fjara made his mark on the game early, catching the first touchdown of the game on the Dragons' first drive and exploding for a 72 yard score in the 2nd by burning his man on a deep fade with his world-class speed. In lieu of a single bell cow getting about 30 carries per game as Coach Howard has opted for in the past, this year's Dragons seem to be going with a run-the-ball-by-committee approach, with Avery Broddick, Darrelius Diggs and Vander Middlesworth all getting several carries. Broddick, a junior, had the biggest impact with 82 yards on 17 carries.

Thanks to Fjara's two touchdowns and a stifling defensive performance, RCU led 16-0 at the half. Nevertheless, Silverbourg was able to put together a comeback effort despite trailing 22-3 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. They scored two quick touchdowns to start the quarter, one a pick-six of Reigner that the defense could do little about, the other on a shortened field thanks to a shanked punt. All of a sudden, a sure-fire win was in jeopardy and with three minutes left, Silverbourg was knocking on the door again after Diggs fumbled in RCU territory.

Silverbourg strung together a few completions before being stopped short on 3rd down, bringing up 4th & 2 from the RCU 15. With the entire stadium standing and shouting, middle linebacker Dag Wolfenheim surged through a gap and trapped the running back in the backfield, wrapping him up by the ankles for a loss to effectively end the drive that could've taken the lead for URS.

It can not be understated how huge the defense's efforts were in this game. They did a splendid job of masking the offense's mistakes and preventing Silverbourg from taking advantage of them, putting a pretty face on what really could have been a devastating loss. The experienced defensive line of Ronaldo Pazaratti, Mathias Grishnakh, Tobi Buttonien and Travarius Moheme (all seniors except Grishnakh, junior) imposed their will on the URS offensive line, shutting down the running game and harassing their quarterback all game.

Below, you can review the box score and statistics from the game.

Box Score1234F
Ramusok Capital University6106729
Université Royale de Silverbourg0031417

Scoring Summary

1ST (9:43) - RCU TD - A. Fjara, 23 yard pass from B. Reigner (extra point blocked) [6-0 RCU]
2ND (6:50) - RCU TD - A. Fjara, 72 yard pass from B. Reigner [13-0 RCU]
2ND (3:07) - RCU FG - X. Reieffen, 37 yard kick [16-0 RCU]

3RD (10:39) - URS FG - 38 yard kick [16-3 RCU]
3RD (7:22) - RCU FG - X. Reieffen, 37 yard kick [19-3 RCU]
3RD (5:08) - RCU FG - X. Reieffen, 46 yard kick [22-3 RCU]

4TH (12:54) - URS TD - 7 yard run [22-10 RCU]
4TH (10:12) - URS TD - 29 yard interception return [22-17 RCU]

4TH (1:57) - RCU TD - M. DeVane, 13 yard pass from B. Reigner [29-17 RCU]

RCU Offense Leaders
QB Brandon Reigner - 30/35 for 342 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 1 FUM
RB Avery Broddick - 17 carries for 82 yards, 3 receptions for 21 yards
RB Darrelius Diggs - 9 carries for 41 yards, 2 receptions for 25 yards, 1 FUM
WR Sid Vinceant - 12 receptions for 128 yards
WR Akim Fjara - 6 receptions for 119 yards, 2 TD
K Xendel Reieffen - 3/3 FGs, 2/3 PATs

RCU Defense Leaders
LB Dag Wolfenheim - 8 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 deflection, 1 sack
FS Samuel Murray - 3 tackles, 1 forced fumble
CB LaVonte Green - 5 tackles, 2 deflections, 1 INT

RCU and URS Comparison
RCU: 503 total yards
URS: 419 total yards

RCU: 4 Turnovers (2 INT, 2 FUM)
URS: 2 Turnovers (1 INT, 1 FUM)

RCU: 64% 3rd Down Conversion
URS: 20% 3rd Down Conversion

RCU: 8 penalties for 80 yards
URS: 10 penalties for 85 yards

SEASON OUTLOOK
The twelve-point win, though we should have won by more, has rocketed RCU to a ranking of #5 in all of NSCF, according to Spoting World. In addition, the Dragons currently occupy 1st place in Horizon Conference, ahead of Stoneshore and Rack City University (the other RCU) on point differential.

Next week, the Dragons will play at home against the Atanatos Naval Acadamey. Though not exactly a marquee opponent, the game is expected to be a sell-out because RCU is now ranked #5 by Sporting World and there is some hype around the team. Little is known about their team, but Atanatos put up a good fight against Rack City in Week 1, ultimately falling 18-17. This performance proves that Atanatos Naval has a defense of some quality, but it will be a tall task for them to slow down Brandon Reigner and company with 82,000 exuberant fans behind them. Look for the Dragons to win 24-10.

Be ready for another riveting post-game report next week, following ANA @ RCU! And of course, be sure to tune in to cheer for RCU on Cosumar University Sports Broadcasting Network (CSBNU). Until then, have a great day, Ramusok! Thank you for reading your official student newspaper: The Roaring Dragon.
Last edited by Cosumar on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Utica off to a flying start

Northwestern   0  0  0  0   0
Utica 7 14 7 3 31

1st Quarter
N. Selassie 17 yard pass from M. Henderson (D. Young kick)

2nd Quarter
R. Brown 8 yard rush (D. Young kick)
I. Sawyer 15 yard rush (D. Young kick)

3rd Quarter
N. Selassie 9 yard pass from M. Henderson (D. Young kick)

4th Quarter
D. Young 38 yard field goal

A crushing victory over Northwestern University served as a baptism of fire for the NSCF newcomers, and the veteran Tigers -- among the favourites to claim the NSCF Championship yet again this season -- showed little mercy.

Maurice Henderson threw two touchdown passes to his favourite redzone target Nuguse Selassie -- whose 6-foot-5, 230 pound frame made him difficult to stop -- while accumulating 226 yards from 18 completions, which will go some way toward dispelling concerns about his ability to lead the Tigers to a championship.

The Applegrass native was aided in no small part by an excellent run game from the Tigers, who seem to have a balance on offense that they've not really had since Luke Saint led them to glory in NSCF 3. Romeo Brown pounded his way through the middle with most of his touches, wearing down Northwestern's front seven. With Brown picking up a respectable 84 yards and a touchdown on 17 touches -- for an average of just under 5 yards per carry -- Sawyer perhaps felt he eeded to do something spectacular, and he did. The elusive back picked up 171 yards from scrimmage, eclipsing Brown's YPC with a healthy 7.3 YPC and a touchdown of his own (102 yards on 14 carries) supplemented by seven catches for a total of 69 yards.

OSN's league rankings place the Tigers in the fourth seed position after one game, despite recording the best result of the opening week. "Utica's victory was impressive, but it was at home, against a much lower ranked side, so it's difficult to fairly attribute a lot of credit." a representative from OSN's Oracle team explained. "Though it should be pointed out that our metrics have them rated by far and away the best team in the Woodlands conference."

Utica head coach Daniel Corsey, who recovered from a questionable first season in charge to take the Tigers to the semi finals last season, was non-committal on the rankings. "It's week one, rankings aren't really something I'm concerned about yet." The Tubrissian coach shrugged. "Our focus is on the next game. We're hosting St. Croix, and it's likely that's gonna be our toughest home game of the season, so priority has been on prep for that."

When pushed for details on what he thought the biggest threats were in the ranks of the "bleu et blanc", Corsey smiled in a manner reminiscent of his predecessor, Mike Zampese. "Threats?" He asked. "I have no idea what you mean."
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Horizon Conference - MD2

Université Royale de Silverbourg (HEL) 10–6 National University of Laws (SJG)
Rack City University (JEC) 0–10 Stoneshore College (COS)
Ramusok Capital University (COS) 23–6 Atanatos Naval Acadamey (ATN)

Horizon Conference Pld W L PF PA PD Win %
1 Ramusok Capital University 2 2 0 52 23 +29 1.000
2 Stoneshore College 2 2 0 20 0 +20 1.000
3 Université Royale de Silverbourg 2 1 1 27 35 −8 0.500
4 Rack City University 2 1 1 18 27 −9 0.500
5 National University of Laws 2 0 2 6 20 −14 0.000
6 Atanatos Naval Acadamey 2 0 2 23 41 −18 0.000
Last edited by Saintland on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Anchors get relatively easy win over Saints

Week one of the tenth Nation States College Football season started off for the Anchors hosting the Salem Community Saints, which until their own debut in NSCF 6 anytime the Anchors say them on the schedule would laugh it off and mark it down as an easy win, but not since they hired John Zimmer who under his careful guidance has taken a laughing stock into a contender. A mid-level contender but one at the most, until NSCF 6 the Saints over the past ten year had only won a total of 16 games and three times the Anchors played them. The biggest win the Anchors had over the Saints was on October 19, 2006 when the Anchors rolled past the Saints 84-0, then quarterback Jeff Calman was 31-42 for 459 yards and seven touchdowns. The Saints since Zimmer have changed a lot 23-15 under him and 1-2 in the playoffs, they have beaten Port Salem three times, the only team thus far to have swept the Anchors in the Mineral, matter of fact between NSCF 7-8 the Saints held a 3-1 record over the Anchors, proof times were changing.

However though that is all in the past and the now is now, it was a great day for football the roof over the field was open and the sun shone over the Anchors. Coach Shuler and Zimmer met before the coin flip and had a small exchange for words. The Saints won the coin flip but deferred to the Anchors.

1st Qrt
Carl Barhitii, RB took the opening kickoff from six yards deep in the end zone and ran it to the Anchor 29 to start the season. QB Steven Sanders handed it off to Barhitii who gained seven. For this season Shuler said that he wants to use the no huddle more often to get the offense cliking and confuse or draw the defense offsides and he did so on the first drive, Sanders short pass to Quin DeWite for three yards and a first down. Sanders shovel pass to Barhitii for a gain of one, Sanders quick pass to Donald White and I don't know what happened to but the Saints D must have had mis communication because White took the ball all the way to the Saints 21 for a gain of 49. Sanders showing the signal to hurry it up and snapped the ball, flags were thrown and offsides Defense five yard penalty 1st down. Sanders was sacked for a even yard loss on the next play Stepen Asler fell down and didn't block, Shuler was not happy and pulled Asler for the rest of the drive. Even before the season started Shuler said he wasn't going to tolerate any miscues. Well the sack did in the Anchors for the drive and Allen Horge was forced to kick a 32 yard field goal which was good. Anchors lead 3-0.

The Saints got the ball on their 20 and QB Andrew Borze threw a short pass to Vinton Calson for a gain of 45, however passer interference on the offense. Borze again to Calson for a gain of three, Borze kept the ball for himself and ran for 5 and the Saints were forced to punt.

The Anchors got the ball on their own 17, it took a Saint bounce. Sanders and the offense back on the field, and he handed it off to Barhitii for a gain of 11, Sanders quit pass to Rusell Boy for a gain of 12, again Sanders to Boy for a gain of 11. Handoff to Barhitii for a gain of 19. It was mostly short gains until Sanders ran the ball himself for a gain of 38 and was pushed a half yard short of the end zone. No matter Sanders short pass to Barhitii TOUCHDOWN! Extra Point is good. Anchors lead 10-0

2nd qrt
Saints get the ball to start the second quarter and Borze took the ball right down the field, mostly by him running it, over ever when he tried a short pass to Xizer it was deflected back at him which he caught it, but for a loss of 9. On 3rd and 11 Borze deep pass to Calson incomplete. Dans kicked a 48 yard field goal which was good, Anchors lead 10-3.

Anchors got the ball back and the first pass Sanders took a deep hail mary pass to Kyle Stoff for 57 yards and TOUCHDOWN Anchors! Anchors lead 17-3.

Saints get the ball back as Asler took the ball from the one and fumbled it on the saints 9, when he was hit hard by Bill Astor, LB which jared the ball lose, to which Jason Hawk, LB took it into the endzone TOUCHDOWN! Anchors Lead 24-0.

The second quarter ended with the Anchors up 24-3.

Rest of Game

Well after the first half the Anchors didn't try to do much on offense but made sure that the Saints on offesne did nothing, matter of fact Borze forced to very bad throws both of which were intercepted. Shuler went to kill the clock mode and played the rest of the game very conservatively which did annoy many fans, but it is understandable, he didn't want any players injured which none were during the game.

Sanders 21-37 215 yrds 1 TD
Barhitii 17 for 78 yards 1 TD
Boy 5 for 61 yrds
Kyle Stoff 3 for 37 yrds
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Celestia Conference MD 2 Cutoff

MD 2 Results:
Army Academy 16–7 University of Asklan City

University of Sir Laarn 10–23 University of St Augustinus

Kanza University 27–10 Holy Redeemer College

Celestia Conference MD 2       Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD   
1 University of St Augustinus 2 2 0 72 37 +35
2 Kanza University 2 2 0 30 10 +20
3 Army Academy 2 1 1 16 10 +6
4 University of Sir Laarn 2 1 1 22 29 −7
5 Holy Redeemer College 2 0 2 16 39 −23
6 University of Asklan City 2 0 2 34 65 −31
Last edited by Chiata on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Mineral Conference - Matchday 2

Reimsburgh Tech University 30–8 Ixqa State University
Salem Community College 37–7 Scott City University
University of Rahku 6–3 University of Port Salem

Mineral Conference Pld W L PF PA PD Win %
1 University of Rahku 2 2 0 26 10 +16 1.000
2 University of Port Salem 2 1 1 27 9 +18 0.500
3 Salem Community College 2 1 1 40 31 +9 0.500
4 Reimsburgh Tech University 2 1 1 37 28 +9 0.500
5 Scott City University 2 1 1 37 37 0 0.500
6 Ixqa State University 2 0 2 8 60 −52 0.000

EDITS: Format.
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Woodlands Conference MD2

Northwestern University (QUE) 14–17 University of Villitova (CHI)
Anchoring University (NNA) 6–3 Canton Empire University of NS Science (CEH)
Utica University (OSR) 33–13 Université St. Croix (QUE)

Woodlands Conference                          Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD   Pts 
1 Utica University 2 2 0 64 13 +51 6
2 Canton Empire University of NS Science 2 1 1 21 15 +6 3
3 Anchoring University 2 1 1 6 10 −4 3
4 University of Villitova 2 1 1 26 32 −6 3
5 Université St. Croix 2 1 1 20 33 −13 3
6 Northwestern University 2 0 2 14 48 −34 0
Last edited by Cosumar on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:31 am

College Newspaper

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no, it's the college of Murin

Hello, our college members and newbies, as you all know, the College of Murin, our college won in the second time in a row, this time a team that really sucks in the sport but won in the last game for some reason. The score that the match ended was the score of 0-52 which means after 8 touchdowns, a safety and a two point conversion, our team had their easiest game so far and maybe the easiest of the season. Our players, our heroic players, which also consists me, your loved Quarterback Yuri Maksimov and I scored a touchdown and the safety. 3 touchdowns were scored by Filipp Arasenko, then 3 touchdowns and the 2 point conversion were scored by our very good Maksim Adremenko and 1 touchdown by his one year younger brother, Yuri. As we see in the NSCF Estenia website and watching the top 10 teams, we see our team placed 9th but it was after the first week, after the match against the previous conference winners, St.Thomas University. Whic surprised everyone in the college including me. Actually, the most surprised person was Andriy Kromeshi, our Estenian Bratislavan, the only in the American Football team but 1 of the 400 Estenian-Bratislavan graduating here for either subjects. He scored the saving touchdown actually.

Also we officially announce the new captain who is no other by me, Yuri Maksimov and the vice-captain being no other than Andriy Kromeshi, also we officially announce our next match against, the Ceneisis Naval Academy of Abanhfleft, which does a good run for a new team. We will compete with them in the Van Heegot College Stadium, everyone who wants to see us, will come on 19.00 to the stadium, when the game will beign and bring your families have more fun watching us, or even you because I am talking to everyone in the college, we also added 4 more stands for the games, as we did last time so more than 25.000 people watch the game.

That's all for this week's main sports, article, if you wants to see us we are in the Sports Class on part '2 go straight the 3rd hallay and turn right, you'll see us.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Bandwagon
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bandwagon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:41 am

Holy Redeemer College Holy Men Roster
Coach: Dwain Martinez
General Manager: Oliver McPartland
Club President: Dwain Martinez
Quarterbacks 10 Mark O'Byrne
12 Aaron Kilrane
16 Brayden Rossi

Running backs
26 DuJuan Blake
30 Jonathan Miller FB
27 Eoin O'Sullivan
44 James Murray

Wide receivers
17 Dante Jameson
11 Joe Marchelli
18 Randy Berg
83 Geoff Murphy
87 Jordan Nguyen

Tight ends
86 Brendan Mulcahy
81 Andrew Butler
89 Richard Burke
82 Ryan Smith

Offensive linemen
69 David Bakhtiari T
75 Danny Singh T
72 Gavin O'Donnell C
70 CJ Morris G
63 Corey Ivanov C
78 Derek Shaw T
71 Muhammed Al Ghamdi G
65 Hans Cetin C

Defensive linemen
93 Josh Kelly DE
76 Michael Shaw DE
98 Troy Dickens NT
95 Daniel Evans DE
64 Robbie Dale NT
97 Clinton Paterson DE

Linebackers
58 Quinn Hendricks ILB
54 Carl Branson ILB
91 Robert O'Briain OLB
50 DJ Williams ILB
59 Bradley Jones ILB
57 Ramon Haile ILB
52 Clay Grass OLB
96 Michael Bourne OLB
56 Julius Zapponi OLB
53 Nicolas Perroni OLB

Defensive backs
42 Morgan Burnett SS
24 Jarrett Bush CB
21 Rainer Adelowo FS
39 Jimmy Goodison CB
29 Casey Edwardson CB
31 David Davidson CB
33 Doug Hyde FS
28 Sean O'Neill SS
37 Walter Francis CB
38 Liam Williams CB

Special teams
2 Ciaran Crosby K
61 Brett Daniels LS
8 Timothy O'Callaghan P
Pro: Independent Northern Ireland as part of neither UK or Republic, Catalan/Scottish/Basque/Welsh/Northern English/Veneto independence. Socialism, Liberalism, Palestine, Environmentalism, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-Dictatorship, New Left-Wing/Liberal Political Party in Ireland.
Anti: Chinese Dictatorship, Capitalism, Dictatorship, Both Ukrainian/Russian Governments, War of all form, Violence of all form, Anything right of centre, Israel.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59

Proud Libertarian, Social Democrat. Live with it.
I'm Far Left Socially but Centre Left Economically.
I'm so cool that I'm an ENFP. http://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 am

CENEISIS NAVAL ACADEMY
College American football team

BASIC INFORMATION
Name:
Ceneisis Naval Academy
Nickname: Sailors
Team colors: Blue, white, and green
Style modifier: -2.5 (Ceneisis Naval is noted for its defensive play in the Fleftic NCAA)

OFFENSIVE STARTERS
Quarterback: Darren Henderson (#24)
Fullback: Frankie Schwartz (#88)
Tailback: Omar Harrison (#90)
Wide Receiver: Jerald Griffith (#45)
Wide Receiver: Tommie Lawrence (#3)
Tight End: Hjalmar Horn (#9)
Center: Yakup Terzi (#83)
Offensive Guard: Pavel Brankovich (#77)
Offensive Guard: Andreu Picasso (#33)
Offensive Tackle: Jory Botterill (#12)
Offensive Tackle: Jozef "Joep" Van Haanraads

DEFENSIVE STARTERS
Middle Linebacker: Meine Reijnders (#85)
Outside Linebacker: Iago Abreu (#32)
Outside Linebacker: Elias Fertig (#63)
Cornerback: Gottfried Jager (#69)
Cornerback: Pino Varano (#60)
Safety: Saddam Hussain (#91)
Safety: Kouta Yamauchi (#78)
Defensive Tackle: Gorka Etxeberria (#19)
Defensive Tackle: Judicael Perreault (#29)
Defensive End: Henrik Matevosian (#48)
Defensive End: Fadi Amirmoez (#27)

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker: Dakarai Ihejirika (#47)
Holder: Marc Parra (#16)
Punter: Ian Sippel (#20)
Returner: Reid Curtsinger (#79)

RP PERMISSIONS
Anything except killing my players is fine and good.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Atanatos
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atanatos » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Atanatos National Telegraph
Atanatos Naval Acadamey troubles continue.
Atanatos Naval Academy looked to recover but was steamrolled by Ramusok. Atanatos turned coughed up three turnovers including a pick six and gave up 10 points of turnovers. Junior kicker James Dowling drilled both his attempts from 30, and 25. Ramusok took a 10-3 lead at the half but scored a pick six after a bad pass, and drilled two field goals while keeping Atanatos scorless till about 12 minutes left in the third where he hit it from 30 yes. Coach John Birmingham cited that poor qb play by senior Scott Young, he went 14-30, for 150 yds. with 24 rushing yards. Birmingham looks for his team to perform better next week. Big problems to fix in practice hopefully this team can turn things around
Final Score 23-6

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:24 am

St. Augustinus wins again, falls to #2 in Sporting World Poll

(SP) Rouvin Castriota kicked 3 field goals and Donatien Dumoulin rushed for 2 touchdowns as St. Augustinus defeated the University of Sir Laarn in their second NSCF game of the current season, improving to 2-0 on the season. However, Utica University leaped ahead of the Priests to seize first place in the Sporting World poll, after routing Université St. Croix by a lopsided 33 to 13 margin. "We're exactly where we wanted to be after 2 weeks of the season. We just need to keep on winning. That means that we need to beat Kanza in our next match, to secure sole possession of first place in the Celestia Conference." - Andreas Polus

St. Augustinus have maintained their championship form, so far this season and definitely look like one of the early favorites to win this season's championship as well. However, Utica University also looks to be in spectacular form, having routed both Quebecois schools to start out their season. While St. Augustinus and Utica look like the 2 best teams in NSCF, through 2 games, anything can happen over the course of a long season. But, if those teams still look like the best going into the final day of non-conference play, we may get an early preview of this season's Championship Game when St. Augustinus travels to Osarius to face Utica in a rematch of a semi-final from last season.

King Petrus XX Announces Sanctions against Royal Kingdom of Quebec

(SP) After the recent revelations that the government of the Royal Kingdom of Quebec has been selling nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction to Gregoryisgodistan, King Petrus XX has announced the start of sanctions against the Quebecois. While the King has elected not to ban Quebecois nationals from entering the Kingdom, he has still enacted sanctions intended to punish the Quebecois government for their actions. "As the current government of Quebec has shown a reckless disregard for international security through their decision to provide nuclear weapons to the nation of Gregoryisgodistan, I have no choice but to bar the sale of Quebecois products within my Kingdom and order the closure of our embassy in Quebec and the Quebecois embassy in my Kingdom. I hope that this statement will make it clear that, while the possession of malum in se weapons is in and of itself absolutely unacceptable, providing such weapons to a pariah nation such as Gregoryisgodistan crosses every possible line. The Quebecois should count themselves lucky that I have not elected to cut off all ties with their nation. If they wish to repair relations, they can start by taking the weapons out of Gregoryisgodistan and dismantling their entire stock of such evil items. Otherwise, Quebec can forget about restoring friendly relations with my Kingdom, as long as I am king." - King Petrus XX

The strongly worded statement from the King was expected weeks ago, but he seems to have taken his time to research all of the facts, rather than hastily cutting off relations with Quebec. The move places Saintland at the forefront of the movement to eradicate all malum in se weapons from the multiverse. That is a task that certainly will not be easy, but it is a task that must be accomplished if our multiverse is to be spared from those who would play God.

Just yesterday, the Quebecois announced their decision to bid for the upcoming Baptism of Fire. This comes on the heels of their decision to bid for the upcoming World Cup of Hockey. There is widespread speculation, throughout the multiverse, that Quebec is doing so in order to find more rogue nations to equip with malum in se weapons, in order to aid and abet the spread of evil throughout the multiverse. The Saintland Press wishes to express our concern regarding the suitability of the Royal Kingdom of Quebec for those purposes. Quebec is a nation that distributes nuclear weapons to rogue states. The international community should express strong disapproval toward these actions, rather than rewarding the Quebecois for their role as a sponsor of rogue states. But, knowing the way things work, they will likely be rewarded for their role as an accessory to Gregoryisgodistani atrocities...
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:54 am

La Footballija Sait Universitu Murin Royale

Our College is 6th for the second week, NSCF rankings write

True thing actually, our college after only playing for 2 weeks has already been on the 6th place of NSCF Rankings, but it's very normal, as the Jewel of the Zephyr Conference is the only team on the conference that hasn't lost yet. Both of the wins are just memorable as winning the previous champions of the conference along with destroying newcomers like us, is a very big achievement, the Commisat(Principal of a University in Estenian Education system) Yuri Albertov, is planning of doing a ceremony to the stadium if the team goes well and reaches either the playoffs or even the Quarter Finals. That achievement will never forgotten.

True facts is that we have only conceded 7 points thorght the tournament, which meansd only a touchdown with a point after. Our team has scored 63 points already, not a bigger achievement than the Candian Football National Team but again an achievement, as college football wasn't very popular until 2012 when only in the capital province the 6 universities of it started playing against each other for the Murin crown. Notable thing is that our team has scored more points outside Van Heegot stadium the warmest football stadium in General of Estenia, warmer than the Duke's stadium.

Announcement: Officially, Van Heegot stadium will need repairs after heavy rainfall of 2 weeks, games are going to be played on the indoors football stadium which has the same size but a smaller capacity only 2.500 people, we will move the sands inside so we can have 4.000 people attending. If you want to learn more. Go to sports class '1 where half of the team is located like Class '2.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:13 pm

OOC: TG me for offers. All universities participating in NSCF will be considered, with preferences being given to active RPers.

QIS.com- Top Quebecois Recruits for the 2017 Class (1)

Hello, everybody. Let's what we have with first four of stellar Quebecois high school athletes in what looks to be another of excellent recruiting class....

Oscar Song-Park [QB -- 6'7, 298 Ib]
Trojanajara High School, Trojanajara County, Ontario
As a junior playing for his father, current Guayabalense NT Head Coach Frederic Song-Park, He threw 4,508 yards and 30 touchdowns last year as he led his Trojanajara Condors to OFSAA(provincial championship)Maple Bowl(OOC: not related to Maple Leaf Bowl). Unfortunately he will be missing first 5 games out of 11-game regular season in what was a freak, offseason accident that involves gardening tools. He has 4 scholarship offers on his hands, each respectively from Montreal, Manitoba, Northwestern and Bishop's, and looks to be very likely on his way to Northwestern unless he receives a very good offer from overseas.

Sung Min Han [RB -- 6'3, 209 Ib]
Sir. Norman Mansbridge C.I., Kingston, Frontenac
While many looks at his competitor Richard Chapdelaine as a big deal, it may just be that Han has the potential to be the best of his position in this class of recruits in the pros. Inheriting his physical talents and psyche from his father, 7-time champion boxer Jin Soo Han, he doesn't shy away from contact, has great balance and is hard to bring down. He also possesses great speed, work ethics and positions himself very well ahead of a breakthrough, something that requires supreme football IQ. He has received offers from most of major powerhouses, with his decisions to come in weeks' time(OOC: by Non-conference game 1).

Craig Bailey [DT -- 6'8, 309 Ib]
Sir. Henri Bourassa C.I., Montreal, Montreal
Son of Team Quebec defensive Tackle Gerard Bailey, Craig is a simple beast on and off the field. When he's not out grinding quarterbacks for a sack, he penetrates, with extreme efficiency, breaks opponent linesmen to break a play in opponent's backyard. Not only he is gigantic, he is also very intelligent. He lacks speed, but more than makes up for it with his intelligence, something that had him stand out. He has received offers from Montreal, Nunavut State, St.Croix and Acadia, but is currently holding for any bigger opportunities overseas.

Richard Chapdelaine [RB -- 6'5, 238 Ib]
Val-Nord High School, Val-nord-aux-rivieres, Abitibi-Temiscamingue
Everybody who has seen him, with his flaws aside, agrees that he is a top talent. Chapdelaine has been compared to Hall of Fame running back Adrian Meriwhether for his blazing running game. His running style is based on deceptive speed that allows him to change where a play goes, regardless of where the OC feels it should go. Chapdelaine is also known for excelling in home games, especially in the playoffs....He loves the fans, who love him back in huge numbers. First of the two however has often caused him to be benched for at least a quarter in many regular season games, a fact that will play into many players' factors. Many scouts have already taken huge interest in him, with offers being offered by the likes of Northwestern, St.Croix, Iqaluit, Sarnia Tech and Membertou. He is considering offers from foreign schools, but will make choice depending on the offers.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:26 pm

Zephyr Conference MD3

Runtrown Technical (KMN) 27–0 Neva Esperano Federal College (PAT)
College of Murin (ETA) 29–0 Ceneisis Naval Academy (AFT)
St. Thomas University (EST) 21–10 Jachaelter University (JAC)

Zephyr Conference Pld W L PF PA PD
1 College of Murin 3 3 0 92 7 +85
2 Runtrown Technical 3 2 1 49 17 +32
3 St. Thomas University 3 2 1 35 24 +11
4 Ceneisis Naval Academy 3 1 2 23 52 −29
5 Jachaelter University 3 1 2 27 89 −62
6 Neva Esperano Federal College 3 0 3 20 57 −37
Last edited by Jeckland on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Well there's no RP's for today, so these are your results (Btw sorry for the late cut-off today, won't happen again hopefully)

University of Port Salem 20–0 Reimsburgh Tech University 
Scott City University 10–6 University of Rahku
Ixqa State University 0–20 Salem Community College

Mineral Conference Pld W L PF PA PD Win %
1 University of Port Salem 3 2 1 47 9 +38 0.667
2 Salem Community College 3 2 1 60 31 +29 0.667
3 University of Rahku 3 2 1 32 20 +12 0.667
4 Scott City University 3 2 1 47 43 +4 0.667
5 Reimsburgh Tech University 3 1 2 37 48 −11 0.333
6 Ixqa State University 3 0 3 8 80 −72 0.000
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Horizon Conference - MD3

Atanatos Naval Acadamey (ATN) 6–0 Université Royale de Silverbourg (HEL)
Stoneshore College (COS) 9–3 Ramusok Capital University (COS)
National University of Laws (SJG) 7–14 Rack City University (JEC)

Horizon Conference Pld W L PF PA PD Win %
1 Stoneshore College 3 3 0 29 3 +26 1.000
2 Ramusok Capital University 3 2 1 55 32 +23 0.667
3 Rack City University 3 2 1 32 34 −2 0.667
4 Université Royale de Silverbourg 3 1 2 27 41 −14 0.333
5 Atanatos Naval Acadamey 3 1 2 29 41 −12 0.333
6 National University of Laws 3 0 3 13 34 −21 0.000
Last edited by Saintland on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Woodlands Conference MD3

Université St. Croix (QUE) 26–19 Northwestern University (QUE)
Canton Empire University of NS Science (CEH) 3–10 Utica University (OSR)
University of Villitova (CHI) 13–13 (13–20 OT) Anchoring University (NNA)

Woodlands Conference                          Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD   Pts 
1 Utica University 3 3 0 74 16 +58 9
2 Anchoring University 3 2 1 26 23 +3 6
3 Université St. Croix 3 2 1 46 52 −6 6
4 Canton Empire University of NS Science 3 1 2 24 25 −1 3
5 University of Villitova 3 1 2 39 52 −13 3
6 Northwestern University 3 0 3 33 74 −41 0
Last edited by Cosumar on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Celestia Conference MD3 Cutoff

Match Results:

Holy Redeemer College 0–6 Army Academy

University of St Augustinus 56–3 Kanza University

University of Asklan City 13–6 University of Sir Laarn

Table:
Celestia Conference MD 3       Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD   
1 University of St Augustinus 3 3 0 128 40 +88
2 Army Academy 3 2 1 22 10 +12
3 Kanza University 3 2 1 33 66 −33
4 University of Sir Laarn 3 1 2 28 42 −14
5 University of Asklan City 3 1 2 47 71 −24
6 Holy Redeemer College 3 0 3 16 45 −29
Last edited by Chiata on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Week Two stats
Sanders 19/32 141 yrds 1 INT (pass rating: 56.9(season low)
Barhitii 9 carriers 39 yrds

Week Three

After a devastating loss last week the Anchors return home to face off against Reimsburgh Tech who also comes in at 1-1. Shuler said that in this game the Anchors have got to get back on track and put the past in the past, which is what in fact what they did.

1st qrt
The Anchors won the coin toss but they deferred and so Rem Tech took the opening kick off which was a touch back, Božidar takes the snap and throw a quick pass for eight yards, Božidar hand off to Najden for a gain of three and a first down on their own 31. Najden runs to the 39 for a gain of eight, Božidar a short pass to Conchúr for a gain of two and another first down, Božidar stands in the pocket and is sacked by Astor for a loss of five, 2nd & 15 on their own 36. Hand off to Najden for no gain, 3rd down. Božidar tries a deep pass down the middle of the field but over passes his WR by 10 yards.

The Anchors field the ball at their own 32, Sanders hands off to Barhitii for a gain of three. Sanders a short pass to Zinner for a 12 yard gain and a Anchor first down, Shuler using the no-huddle for this drive. Sanders hand off to Barhitii who falls back for a loss of two. The snap was too high for Sanders and he falls on the ball for a big loss of 11, the Ancchors are facing a 3rd & 22 on their own 24. The play clock was down to five and Shuler takes a time out.
Shuler on the TO
I was getting frustrated that after a good few plays suddenly we have a third and twenty-two and on our own 24, add to that the offense took to long to get in their right places and had to call an early time out, which I wasn't happy over but it's better than a five yard delay of game and then face a 3rd and 27.

Sanders sitting in the pocket, the line is holding up very well, DEEEEP pass to DeWite down to the 16 yard line for a gain of 48! Flag offsides for the defense for a five yard penalty still first down, Sanders hand off to Barhitii up the middle to the one. Sanders running to the outside and takes it in for himself TOUCHDOWN!! Extra point is good, Anchors lead 7-0
Sanders on the deep pass
Well the play was for White to get ten yards out, but he was covered so I sat in the pocket then saw DeWites hand go up and that his defender fell so I threw it to him for a easy gain, two plays latter I ran in it for the touchdown.

2nd qrt
Rem Tech got the ball back after the Anchors were forced to punt, Najden ran it from the RT 9 to their 39. Božidar hands it off to Najden for no gain. Short pass which was deflected at the line. Božidar had no help from his linemen, as Hawk just ran through and got the sack for a loss of six. Ywain comes out to punt it away, this snap was too low but Ywain recovers the ball and tires to run it but only gains three, Anchors get great field position starting on the Techs own 36.
Shuler on the quick stop
Simply that is what you call defense, they ran the ball and got stopped fight from the start, Tech tried a pass and we deflected it, and well Jason just blew right through their line and scored the sack. Their long snapper gave us a nice gift by snapping it short and great field position. Sanders and the offense took advantage and right from the get go he took them right down field for the touchdown, now that is Anchor football.

Sanders throws a medium pass down the middle to Zinner for a gain of 23, no-huddle hand off to Barhitii up the middle to Techs nine yard line for a gain of four. Again hand off to Barhitii up the middle, TOUCHDOWN!! Anchors lead 14-0.

On Techs next possession the offense just ran right down the field all the way to the Anchors 9, with only 16 seconds left in the half Božidar rand right and threw the ball right into the hands of Jermany Gers who ran it all the way down the sideline until being pushed out by Božidar at Techs 45. With 1 second left Horge came out to try a career long 56 yard field goal, the snap was good and so was the kick, but just short by a couple of yards.
Shuler at half time
Well we played a good half, I can't say it was great the defense did allow Tech to get to our own nine, Gers was at the right place and took a possible score from Tech. Now even though Horge missed, that was very impressive his longest is only 48, so if there wasn't any wind there is no doubt that he would have nailed it. I told him when we were walking into the locker room not to worry, until now he was 4/4 on the season. The one good thing about the first half is that there has been only one penalty, the bad I wish Tech would have had more, but they adjusted on the go.

3rd qrt
For the second half the Anchors got the ball and quickly went to work at the Anchors 21, it was obvious from the start that Shuler went away from the no-huddle to a kill the clock mode.

Sanders hands it off to Barhitii for a gain of seven. The play clock was down to three Sanders quick throw to Rusell Boy for a gain of 9. Play clock down to five, Sanders short throw to Boy for a gain of ten, Sanders hand off to Barhitii, who finds a wide open secondary and runs the ball down to the Tech 39 for a gain of 14. Sanders medium pass to White for a gain of 18 to the Tech 21. Shuler takes a time out.
Shuler on the surprise TO
The main reason as to why I took the time out was for our guys to take a short rest, and to play with Techs minds that we hand something up our sleeves. At this point in the game I figured that Tech had no answer to our defense nor offense, I told Sanders just for the touchdown and for the rest of the game he would be reseted and the back up would take over. I don't need any un-needed injuries in case they might occur, nor do I want to run up the score on a team we'll have to face off again.

After the time out Sanders throws to the endzone and is caught by Barhitii, TOUCHDOWN!! On the extra point, Horge gets a good kick but its bat down. Anchors lead 20-0.

Stats
Snaders 19/26 228 yrds 2 TD (Pass rating: 112.3(Season high)
Barhitii 15 carries for 115 yrds 2 TD

Passer rating was calculated by this site
Last edited by New West Guiana on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:02 pm

The Roaring Dragon
Ramusok Capital University's Official Online Newspaper

RCU stunned on the road at Stoneshore for first loss of season
By Terran Bartolowitz, Senior

POST-GAME REPORT
CAPE DUTCH, STONESHORE - Only RCU Defensive Coordinator Snorri Andersen could have enjoyed this Dragons performance. In a true defensive game that produced zero touchdowns and zero second half points, a pair of second quarter field goals were all that separated Stoneshore from RCU in the 9-3 loss.

The Bruins (3-0, Sporting World #3) gave up three turnovers, missed three of their six field goal attempts and committed over 100 yards of penalties, but still won with relative ease due to RCU's (2-1, Sporting World #5) inability to accomplish anything on offense (we only mustered 126 total yards).

RCU struck first, capping a 62-yard drive with a field goal midway through the first quarter. All was normal in this drive, with Brandon Reignerin sync with receiver Akim Fjara and tight end Wynn Pressham, hitting bith for large chunks of yardage. However, the Bruins' defense stymied them for the rest of the game thereafter. Almost half of the Dragons' total yardage of the game came on that one drive.

Stoneshore gave our offense plenty of chances to get back in the game, but they seemed capable of producing anything but a comedy of errors. Dropped passes. Overthrowing wide open receivers. Botched handoffs. Horrendous offensive line play. Shanked punts. You get the picture. Anything you can think of - it happened for RCU. The Dragons came closest to scoring again with eight minutes left in the fourth quarter, but Xendel Reieffen missed the 38-yard field goal wide left. It was also tipped ever so slightly by Stoneshore's Tobi Tancredi.

"We had chances throughout the game, but we just couldn't make the plays," RCU Coach Darren Howard said. "When we had open receivers or running lanes, we didn't hit them. When we did, something else went wrong. Probably the most frustrating game I've been a part in my coaching career. We have a lot of film to go back over and a lot of things to clean up. Give a lot of credit to Stoneshore for a great defensive performance."

Stoneshore leveled the score with a 51 yard field goal late in the first quarter after a 22 yard completion over the middle to big senior receiver Kargonn Weslap. They controlled nearly all of the time of possession in the second quarter, going on three lengthy drives to the end of the field before settling for field goal attempts (2 of 3 were made). The Bruins went into the locker room at half time with a 9-3 lead, to the delight of their long-suffering fans that packed Finglass Field to witness a potential upset over their hated rivals.

They picked up right where they left off in the third quarter, moving the ball at will against RCU. However, the Dragons defense operated under a "bend but don't break" mentality and came up with two big 3rd down stops deep in their own territory. It paid off, as Bruins kicker Ponte Tolbert missed one attempt and had another ferociously blocked by Travarius Moheme. The miscues seemed to really deflate the Bruins, as their offense was nearly as bad as ours for the remainder of the game, turning it over twice in the final frame.

Though the maroon-clad fans in Cape Dutch had a brief moment of anxiety when a CJ Stallworth interception set the Dragons up in field goal range, they pretty much coasted easily to the win and stormed the field when the clock hit 0:00.

Though the game itself provided little to get excited about, it was a momentous win for a Stoneshore program that always been condemned to the shadows of big brother RCU. On only four occasions in the NSCF era have the Bruins triumped over the Dragons, the last being in Week 8 of NSCF 8 by a score of 26-25.

Was this week's result merely another aberration, or is it a sign of things to come? The Bruins seem to be experiencing a resurgence under the strong hand of coach Walter Hufnagel and have surpassed RCU is the conference standings and NSCF rankings. It is still early in the season, but the Bruins' performance so far has been thoroughly convincing. Especially the defense - Stoneshore have only allowed 3 points on the season and have yet to give up a touchdown.

As for RCU, we'll just have to hope it was an off game and that they got it all out of their system this week. The Dragons will have a chance to put the Bruins back in their place on MD8 here at Capital Coliseum.

Below, you can review the box score and statistics from the game.

Box Score1234F
Ramusok Capital University30003
Stoneshore College36009

Scoring Summary

1ST (7:33) - RCU FG - X. Reieffen, 35 yards [3-0 RCU]
1ST (5:07) - SSC FG - P. Tolbert, 51 yards [3-3]
2ND (11:10) - SSC FG - P. Tolbert, 30 yards, [6-3 SSC]
2ND (1:22) - SSC FG - P. Tolbert, 38 yards, [9-3 SSC]

RCU Offense Leaders
QB Brandon Reigner - 10/25 for 88 yards, INT
RB Avery Broddick - 16 carries for 49 yards
WR Akim Fjara - 3 receptions for 26 yards
K Xendel Reieffen - 1/2 FGs

SSC Offense Leaders
QB C. Stallworth - 16/28 for 174 yards, INT
RB L. LeStanne - 20 carries for 92 yards, FUM
RB W. McSaullis - 9 carries for 51 yards
WR K. Weslap - 3 receptions for 68 yards
K Ponte Tolbert - 3/6 FGs

RCU and SSC Comparison
RCU: 126 total yards
SSC: 335 total yards

RCU: 1 Turnover (1 INT)
SSC: 3 Turnovers (1 INT, 2 FUM)

RCU: 7% 3rd Down Conversion
SSC: 31% 3rd Down Conversion

RCU: 4 penalties for 20 yards
SSC: 12 penalties for 104 yards

SEASON OUTLOOK
I just don't understand the Dragons sometimes. We looked worthy of being in NSCF Championship conversation in our first two games, easily disposing of Silverbourg and Atanatos Naval. It's true that those two aren't exactly household names in NationStates College Football, but our execution looked solid enough to at least be able to translate somewhat to Stoneshore, a team we dominated last season. Now the question is: Are the Dragons not as good as we thought, or is Stoneshore just much better than anyone anticipated?

I think it's a combination of both. I think RCU's fanbase let the Dragons' high SportingWorld ranking go their collective heads and inflate expectations, while we also inappropriately dismissed a much-improved Bruins squad as "just Stoneshore". We're not all-that, and Stoneshore is a quality side. Two good teams (the Horizon Conference leaders) played each other this week and the home team won and a hard-nosed defensive battle. That's all that we can read into this result at this point.

Both Ramusok Capital and Stoneshore can look forward to a slightly less demanding match-up next week, as the Dragons take on winless National University of Laws from San Jose Guayabal and the Bruins travel to Atanatos to take on their Naval Academy. All we know about NUL, since they have not published their official roster, is that they have scored a conference-low 13 points through three games. It's an easy win for the Dragons on paper, but after the way we looked in Cape Dutch this weekend, I'm not ready to make any bold proclamations.

Be ready for another riveting post-game report next week, following NUL @ RCU! And of course, be sure to tune in to cheer for RCU on CSBNU. Until then, have a great day, Ramusok! Thank you for reading your official student newspaper: The Roaring Dragon.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:26 pm

"It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win." Daniel Corsey admitted, after the narrow victory at Canton Empire. "It was our first road game this season, and we really had to make sure we started strong, so I'm happy with the final result." If you expected to hear a "but" after that, you're in the majority. Many Utica fans have conceded that Corsey's reaction was surprisingly subdued, and that his predecessor, Mike Zampese, would have publicly challenged his team to do better. It's fair to give Corsey some leeway on this, as not all coaches have the same coaching style, but after working with Coach Mike for so long, it's more than a little odd that the Utica head coach remains so fundamentally different in this respect.

"Coach Corsey was clear on his expectations in the dressing room," reveals starting quarterback Maurice Henderson, "he told us to get the win, that's what mattered. And we got the win." The quarterback's good start to the season was soured by Canton Empire's staunch defense, which held him to a relatively paltry 156 yards and no touchdowns, while picking off two passes. "I know I didn't have a good one today, but as a unit, we got the job done. I'll go back in training and then I'll move forward. When we get the win again next week, nobody's going to be talking about how we didn't crush the new guys." Henderson's confidence was echoed by the rest of the team, all of whom seemed confident despite ultimately only scraping a victory in what nobody anticipated might be a trap game.

Statistically, it's not hard to see why. Despite their struggles on offense -- which came largely as the result of a well-drilled defensive gameplan, specifically designed to disrupt Henderson's rhythm -- the Tigers were solid defensively, and only once looked under threat. When Canton Empire kicked a 29 yard field goal in the third quarter, it was the closest they'd managed to get to the Utica endzone. Conversely, the Tigers' two interceptions and a lost fumble had all come in redzone situations. This doesn't absolve the offense of any concern, though. With a tough non-conference schedule lined up, the Tigers will need to stamp out these kinds of miscues. Against Canton Empire, they escaped without punishment, but the reigning champions will be sure to punish them. Offensive errors led to a 10-3 victory instead of a 31-3 blowout, and Corsey -- as a former offensive co-ordinator himself -- needs to address the problem. He cannot play it off behind closed doors, even if he does in the media.

It's still early in the season, and Utica are still heavy favourites to win the Woodlands Conference and are among the favourites to claim the NSCF Championship, but should they fall early in the playoffs... there will be plenty of justified voices saying "told you so".
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports