NATION

PASSWORD

Handball World Cup 13 (Signup thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nova Terra Divinia
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Terra Divinia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 pm

The Intergalactic Mian Empire wrote:
The Intergalactic Mian Empire wrote:In

I will be re-creating, I will post here with my new nation soon

This is me, now I'll go back to that one and confirm
This applies to the hockey one as well

The Intergalactic Mian Empire
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Mian Empire » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Nova Terra Divinia wrote:
The Intergalactic Mian Empire wrote:I will be re-creating, I will post here with my new nation soon

This is me, now I'll go back to that one and confirm
This applies to the hockey one as well

I confirm this
A couple posts talking to myself, fun

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Unolia's Bid for the XIII Handball World Cup

OOC section: Hi guize. I'm Unolia, formerly the Jahistic Unified Republic and to be the Jahistic Union by next edition. You all know me, being fourth place in HWC 9, second in HWC 10, effed over in HWC 11 and preoccupied for HWC 12. I love the sport of handball, and I am proud to announce my bid for Handball World Cup 13.

I will scorinate with the latest version of xkoranate, obviously using the handball section. I am hoping for 32 nations, but can handle a larger tournament. In the case of 32 (8 groups of 4) or 40 entrants (8 groups of 5), there will be a double round robin format. In the case of 48 entrants (8 groups of 6) or more, there will be a single round robin group stage.

Puppets will be allowed, with a maximum of one per nation. Puppets will be eliminated in reverse order of which they enter in the case we need to snip down the number of entrants.

IC: Handball is the biggest sport in Unolia, hence we have plenty of stadiums at your disposal.

All of the matches will take place on Unolia. Most are designed handball stadiums, with the exception of the main stadium. The Hae Jae Bon Memorial Stadium will be used for the championship match. It was designed as a baseball stadium and, weather permitting, is set up to hold 48,000 people, making it seven times larger than the second largest one to be used in the tournament.

Despite concerns over what some foreign commentators call "a repressive regime", we assure you that your athletes are safe. Do not listen to these extremists reactionary pig dogs >>.

The rest of the stadiums will be announced when we have a group count. Questions are welcome.

Experience: I hosted my region's second football cup, which was a rousing success. I then went on an host their first regional games, which wasn't as well because of OOC issues at the time. I am the head of sports for my region, as appointed by our delegate.
Last edited by The Jahistic Unified Republic on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

New North Aqmuland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New North Aqmuland » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:38 pm

In.
Call me NNA or David, whichever you prefer. I'm an 18 year old freshman at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, planning to major in international relations and minor in Spanish and math. I love music, math, sports, video games, and trivia.
The Democratic States of New North Aqmuland
Numquam mentiri, numquam amittere.
Capital: Anchoring
Population: 1,671,948,317
National Animal: Eagle
Colors: Blue and Gold
Factbook
Soccer: 3.66pts (143rd)
Football: 13.98 pts (14th)

Teyneyji
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teyneyji » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Teyneyji is very interested in competing and hosting, however may need help figuring out which is the best scorinator to use, I want to please the majority.

Teyneyji
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teyneyji » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:58 pm

Teyneyji Handball Federation

Nataizz, Candidate City for the 13th Handball World Cup

Introduction
IC: For a very long time Teyneyji was a colony in the West Pacific; they have just recently held their first election and can officially host a tournament for their main sport, Handball. Teyneyjians have been seen competeing in many sports across their country, however Handball has always been on top.

Scorination
OOC: I will be using the system that the people in this tournament will be most comfortable with.

Format of Groups
[size=85[/size] The Teyneyjian Handball Federation has decided that they will have 8 pots of 4 teams, the top 3 teams will advance from each group, 8 teams will be given a bye to the Quarter Finals whereas the other 16 will battle for the final spots in the Quarter-finals.

Roleplays
OOC: RP's will be graded from 0 to 5.

0- No Roleplay
1- Below Average
2- Average
3- Above Average
4- Strong
5- Very Stong

Schedules
Results will be posted evey two days where standings will also be updated. Cutoff will be 11:59 PM EST.
Accomadations/Map

Along the land of Nataizz in our Dhabai Territory, we will have four Choice Hotels, each hotel can hold up to 2, 350 residents at one time, each team will have a designted floor in their hotels. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Venues

Built in 1987, this stadium isthe biggest in Teyneyji.
Capacity: 17, 346

Built in 1993.
Capacity: 14, 198

Built in 1998
Capacity: 13, 873

Built in 1993.
Capacity: 12, 000

Built in 2001
Capacity: 9, 846

Built in 2007.
Capacity: 7, 351
Last edited by Teyneyji on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peruvian Highlands
Secretary

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Peruvian Highlands » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:05 pm

In

Semarland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Semarland » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:07 pm

In!
The Republic of Semarland
Capital: Jansberg - Demonym: Semar/Semarlandic - Trigramme: SEM
sportsat.sem
Hosted: Trindl Cup I/II, Baptism of Fire 68
Champions: Meski Cup I, 5AS WC II, U18 WC I
<Nephara> RETURN OF Sem|Transfers THE PEOPLES' CHAMPION
<Jeck> If Sem RPs as much as he transfers, next cycle we're all screwed
<Yttribia> Sem seems like the sort of guy who'd work at Tesco's and slide his mixtape in each bag

Friskney Eaudyke
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Friskney Eaudyke » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 pm

I'll have a go

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:16 pm

[fancy logo to come]
C O S T AD EO U R OB I DF O R T H EH A N D B A L LW O R L DC U P

A B O U TC O S T AD EO U R O
Costa de Ouro, perhaps more well known by his alter ego, Ceni, has a fair amount of hosting and scorination experience. As Costa de Ouro, he has hosted the Antillia Masters, BCA Challenge, King Pedro Clay Court Championships, and several association football domestic league seasons. As Ceni, he has hosted the Runner Cup (the largest to date, quadrupling the number of participants of the previous edition), two Cenian Opens, the Cenial Masters, and the Volatus Open. Ceni is also the founder of the Association of Tennis Professionals and currently maintains its ranking. Hosting tennis has taught him the fundamentals (and perhaps more) of scorination, and he is capable of hosting the Handball World Cup.

T O U R N A M E N TS T R U C T U R E
With signups currently sitting at around 28 or 29, a 32-team format would most likely be the best format for the tournament, although a 36-team contingency plan will be prepared. With a 32-team tournament, the teams will be divided in to 8 groups of 4. They will play a double round robin and the winner and runner-up would advance to the Round of 16. With a 36-team tournament, teams will be divided into 9 groups of 4. Again, they will play a double round robin. The group winners and top 5 runner-ups would automatically advance. The next four second-placed teams will face each other in a playoff for the remaining two spots. With a 40-team tournament, teams will be divided into 8 groups of 5 and winner and runner-up would advance to the Round of 16. Tiebreak order will be as follows: points, goal difference, goals for, goals against, H2H. As there is no style modifiers in use in handball, no style modifiers will be used in this tournament.

S C O R I N A T I O N
Scorination will be with the xkoranate 0.3.3 platform, obviously the handball platform. RP bonus will be graded on a scale from 0 to 5; grading of RPs will be based mainly on quality, not quantity. While you don't have to write a novella to score well, one line RPs such as "We won. Yay!" will obviously not score well. Factors involved in grading RPs will be creativity and depth. RP bonus will be cumulative and will count for 33% of the total score value; 67% will be counted by the team's rank. Role-plays will be multiplied by one half and directly added to the rank of the nation.

V E N U E S&I CI N F O R M A T I O N
Costa de Ouro is an island nation in the Mar de Aviz in the region of Astyria. It has had a long tradition of success in handball, making it to the Round of 24 in the Handball World Cup 11 and quarterfinals in Handball World Cup 12 (with Morroseta as the Avissian Union), currently ranked ninth. The Avissian Union also has the women's gold medal in handball at the recently-completed IX Summer Olympics. Handball is one of the most popular sports in Costa de Ouro. For this event, the tournament will be played in five clusters: Sonhos, Antillia, Fortaleza, Santa Maria, and Nova Lisboa. Depending on the group sizes, at least two stadiums will be in use in Antillia, Fortaleza, and Santa Maria. Most of the stadiums in use for this tournament will be dedicated handball stadiums or multi-purpose stadiums which will be converted to handball use. More information on stadiums will be presented if Costa de Ouro is to win this bid.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask them here.
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:08 pm

* Take this as the sign-up of Star United States for the tournament

Starian Bid for the
Handball World Cup XIII

A little about Star United States...
IC
Founded on the twentieth of February of the year 1815 at the union of the five former states of Starix, Estrall, Piasxe, Opangue, and Herbeid, now known as districts. The people of Star United States are known as Starians. Each star represents each district on the Starian flag.
The Box of Info
Demonym: Starian
Nickname: Star
Region: Esportiva
Capital: City of Star
Population: About 97 Million
Largest City: SeaShore City
Trigramme/TLA: SUS
Motto: “With Liberty, We Stand"
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Administrative Regions: 5 Districts, 1 soon-to-be District
Star United States is a place of diversity, recognizing three official languages, plus countless other languages spoken throughout the country, which is English, Spanish, and Portuguese. English is more commonly spoken in Estrall, Herbeid, and northern Starix. Spanish, on the other hand, is more commonly spoken Starix and Opangue. Portuguese is spoken on the Star United States Islands, formerly Star Reef Isles, and is becoming never-ending popular on the mainland.

The City of Star, located in Starix, currently holds the honor to be named the capital city of Star United States. Star United States has amazing and wonderful weather throughout the nation, on the most part. Located in Esportiva, Star United States has tropical weather, with hot and rainy summers to middy cold and warm winters.

The people of Star United States rejoice in the spirit of sports, having a great and limitless passion for sports - most notable ones are soccer and triathlons. Starian soil has also had the honor to host many international tournaments.

OCC
Star United States has participated in over fifteen international tournaments, and has previously had the honor to host the First, Fourth, and Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament. Star United States has also been host to the International FireStorm Cup VI, and many international friendlies, and a national league of sports.

Star United States has been around since February 20, 2012, and has been on NS Sports ever since, joining and hosting tournaments.

A little about the format of the tournament...
32-Team Format: Group Stage will start with eight groups of four, followed by the Round of 16 (Eight-Finals), Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, Third Place Match, and Final Match.
40-Team Format: Group Stage will start with eight groups of five, followed by the Round of 16 (Eight-Finals), Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, Third Place Match, and Final Match.

A little about the tie-breaker system of the tournament...
The tie-breaker system will go as following:
1. Points
2. Goal Difference
3. Goals For
4. H2H Points
5.H2H Goal Difference
6. H2H Goals For
7. H2H Match

A little about the RP Bonus Policy...
RP bonuses will be awarded and will progress from one round to the next. No exact criteria will be revealed for RPs, but creativity is greatly suggested, and will be awarded as such.

A little about the Scorination...
The lasted version of Xkborante will be used in order for the tournament to successful be held.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.
Last edited by Star United States on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sclabenia
Civilian

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sclabenia » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 am

In.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:09 am

Hand Slaves in
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Mendoya
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mendoya » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:26 pm

In.

(Puppet of Felix)

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Mendoya wrote:In.

(Puppet of Felix)

He doesn't lie.

Sasoon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasoon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm

The Naked Warriors of Sasoon are going to charge to victory in cup
Last edited by Sasoon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasoon, Sasoon, are you comin' home yet?
Don't ya love us
Mingonia, Mingo Beans, Chubby Wolf, Big Lips, Scoundrel,...

Prowd member of the Congress of Nations

Rizealand
Envoy

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rizealand » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:00 pm

The Rizealander Handball Federation announces it wishes to participate in the Handball World Cup
Member of Kylaris.

Coconutstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconutstan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:34 pm

This puppet of Quebec is in.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Coconutstan wrote:This puppet of Quebec is in.

Confirmed. Signup list on way to be updated in 10 minutes.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:52 pm

With 36 signups and 4 host bids, I guess there must be a deadline of some sort happening. The cutoff for host bids will occur in 3rd of October, at 16:30 EST(New York-Toronto time).

Also, it'd be great if Teyneyji can prove his hosting abilities by doing something that's been asked below to a participant fresh off the factory in one of the other competitions in the past, to show your ability to do such a task in Xkoranate or whatever the scorinator he/she prefers to use:

Cassadaigua wrote:Could you demonstrate that you have a working knowledge of xkoranate by doing the following:

1) Fictitiously scorinate a 4-team group, 30 matchdays, where team A has a rank of 20, B is 10, C is 5, and D is 0?
2) Fictitiously scorinate a 4-team group, 30 matchdays, where all nations start at 0, A gets a daily RP bonus of 2.0 points, B gets it of 1.0 points, and C and D get nothing?

This is a big competition and I need to know that you can do this.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Daritii
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Daritii » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:24 pm

In
Defcon
Zero: At peace
One: Threatened
Two: Minor skirmish
Three: Minor war
Four: Major War
Five: Nuclear War
Present Defcon: 2

Daritiian Civil War (1949-1957)
Rebel victory
Outcomes: Communist takeover
Serniian war for independence (2014)
Desicive victory
Bosakian Invasian of Daritii (2014)
Defeat. Daritii loses most of the Serniian
Region while successfully defending the Daritiian Region
Serniian-Daritiian War (2014-2015)
Victory
Result: Re-annexation of Sernii

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:35 pm

And here's your much-delayed cutoff for the host bids. Since Teyneyji did not fulfill what's asked by myself to do his/her hosting capabilities, the bid will not be considered for the voting procedure.

There are three bids available for voting:

1- Costa de Ouro
2- Jahistic Republic of Unolia
3- Star United States

Please submit your vote to Coconutstan by the 7th of October, in around 19:30 EST (Toronto-New York time). Bidders are not allowed to vote and their votes will not be considered into the tally.

Happy 420 Friends!

Fellow Citizens
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fellow Citizens » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:19 pm

In.
Pro : Liberty, Equal Human Rights, Progressive, Islam, Nusantara religions
Neutral : Democracy, Communism, Nazism, Socialism, Anarchism, Agnosticism, Atheism
Con : LGBT, Religio-Fascism, Authoritarian, ISIS/IS/Daesh
Political Compass
Economic : -2.00
Social : -2.56
BoF 41 Quarter-Final
Knockout Round in 2nd International Open
Handball World Cup 13 Contestant
World Cup 54 Contestant
Warkus Cup II Contestant
1st Internationale Cup Contestant
3rd Place on Soccer for Hope
The United Republic of Fellow Citizens

Factbook | Military* | Geography*

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:37 am

In
]

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Edited my bid to reflect the likelihood that this tournament will extend to 40 teams.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports