NATION

PASSWORD

NSCAA Ice Hockey III (Rosters&RP thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:46 pm

B U @ Boreal University, Karina.
Living in Vettrera you have a myriad of colleges to choose from, and we at Boreal want to make it clear that we would be extremely happy to make you a "Blue Bomber'. Boreal University is the leading public research university inside the province of Vettrera, and one of the top five in the Central Vettrera region. The school is highly ranked in the fields of Biology, Statistics, and Medicine, for both certificate and advanced degree programs. Though the student body stands at a strong 12,000 the student:teacher ratio is still an attractive 12:1

Boreal University's admission rate tends to hover around 52% , though someone with VCAT scores like your's is a shoe-in, and will be able to compete for merit scholarships. Typically, those that rank within the top 15% of test-takers in the nation are awarded a merit award by Boreal University.

Boreal is bustling with school-spirit, and competes in the Capital Conference as a powerhouse school in basketball and hockey. Similarly, seeing as Boreal is the capital of the Aeolus province, there is always something to do around the city.

We hope you consider us in your college search.
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Cut for 8-9.

Results
Last edited by Vaugania on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Cutoff for MD6-MD7.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Apologies for lack of scorination tonight. My computer was not functioning properly. Today's scorination will be moved to tomorrow and there will be no off day.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 pm

To add more to the lack of scorination, I was unable to scorinate for the Kira & Lawliet conferences today due to xkoranate going out of whack again and screwing up the .xml file I had saved, so in order to fix everything, I wasn't able to scorinate. However, matchdays 16-21 for both conferences will be done tomorrow at regular cutoff time.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Miley World
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Hockey Prospects: Tyler Davies

Tyler Davies
Place of birth: Mileywood
Height: 6''1''
Weight: 204 lbs
Shoots: right
Position: center/right wing

Tyler Davies, a Gorzow Wielkopolski Untamed Ducks prospect, won the Honey Parker Award last season when playing for the Tennessee State Buckeyes in their first season in the SCAA (Smiler Collegiate Athletic Association). Davies is now playing for the Ducks' affiliate, the Stechovice Untamed Ducks in the THL. Tyler Davies finished 2nd in the SCAA with 26 goals and 29 assists for 55 points last season. Davies was a center for most of his career but this season, the Untamed Ducks have asked him to play right wing in the THL.

Davies is already build for the SHL. A proven scorer, Davies was able to rack up 26 goals last season. He thinks the game at a high level, and as a result creates chances for himself and teammates. Weighing in at 204 lbs., Davies uses his body well to control the puck from defenders. He battles every shift and he is relentless. He’s a solid defensive player and a leader for his teammates. He wheels around the ice with his short, strong legs and has even better balance on his skates. He should turn out to be a great 2nd line right wing in the SHL.
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410
football (soccer): unranked
american football: unranked
hockey: unranked
baseball: unranked

Miley World's official twitter: @MileyWorld_NS follow us!

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Matchday 16-21 cutoff for Kira & Lawliet Conferences.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Cutoff for the First Round of the Liberty and Coconut Conference Tournaments
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Cutoff for MD 10-11

Results

Reminder that there is no off day tomorrow.
Last edited by Vaugania on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Delayed cutoff, because my mum was using my laptop for several hours, because she had to do some important stuff.....

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Cutoff.

EDIT: Delayed for 2 hours due to me having a huge argument with my mum. That being said, here are the scores.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Cutoff for Play-In Round.

Results
Last edited by Vaugania on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Late cutoff for Kira and Lawliet Conferences.

Who's going to the Big Dance? Find out now!
Last edited by Torisakia on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:11 pm

When you hear the NorthCircle Commanders, most people aren't scared. The Commanders aren't a powerhouse team on the gridiron, and certainly aren't one when it comes to basketball. In fact, it's a rarity if you see NorthCircle qualify to the Collegiate Tournament in either of the two sports, being Vettrera's and the VCSA (governing body for collegiate athletics) largest in membership and in fan-base.

The Commanders compete in the 8-team (soon to be 10-team with the addition of Mount Reynolds & Parker College) Mountain Conference, which is a member of the Sector 1 athletics group for all sports, though they have only recently gained that status for basketball. The conference includes well-known football powerhouses Rockwell University (Bulldogz) and Borders University (Mountain Lions). The Mountain Conference also includes West Granton (Wolves), one of the best schools in Sector 2 Basketball.

However, when baseball and hockey season roll around, all eyes (Well the eyes that actually give a damn about those two sports) are on UNC. The Univesrity of NorthCircle has managed to qualify for the VCSA Tournament every year for the last 6 years in both sports, and has won both conference championships for the last 4 years. The team came extremely close to not winning their conference title this year as late season injuries plagued the team. However, the managed to edge out the University of Montriepa by 8 points in the finals table (both teams eventually qualified for the national tournament). Noticing that their chances at a National Title were already shot, the UNC squad elected to compete in the NSCAA Championships instead, and forgo their spot in the VCSA tournament. For the process, the VCSA simply asks those if they would rather go to the VCSA or NSCAA by order of seeding until they find 5-6 wishing to compete in the NSCAA tournament. NorthCircle was the third team that elected to compete.

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Cutoff for the Second Round of the Liberty and Coconut Conference Tournaments
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Cutoff for Quarters.

Results
Last edited by Vaugania on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Northwestern University Marauders
Style Modifier:
+2.65

Head Coach: Johann de Vries, 37
Assistant Coaches: Mikka Salonen, 46
Ted Richards, 38
Goaltending Coach: Felix Akivak, 26
Trainer: Liana Goulding, 20

F Line 1:
11 LW Simon Chun (Junior)
9 C Leonard Kim(Senior)
10 RW Badger Babcock(Senior)

F Line 2:
12 LW Yannick Morin-Stavreau(Senior)
21 C Elliot Kim (Sophomore)
23 RW Stefan Beshkamig(Junior)

F Line 3:
17 LW Carl Fucale(Junior)
19 C Ioannes del Rey(Sophomore)
16 RW Kieran Van Norton(Freshman)

F Line 4:
14 LW Jaroslav Njibil(Freshman)
8 C Mohammed Ibn Said(Freshman)
18 RW Patrick Yeon Seong Hyeon(Sophomore)

D Pair 1:
3 LD Ilya Zherdev(Junior)
4 RD Theo Ekkeovainen(Senior)

D Pair 2:
6 LD Teemu Joyce-Parent(Sophomore)
5 RD Jens Booth Rabideaux(Senior)

D Pair 3:
20 LD Rowsee G. Guenin(Junior)
2 RD Michael Critchlow(Freshman)

Goalies:
31 G Noah Wandenah(Sophomore)
1 G Seong Jin Yang(Senior)

University of Attawapiskat Axeheads
Style Modifier:
+4.84

Head Coach: Ted Yarborough, 40
Assistant Coaches: Eric Millwood, 36
Tomas-Rostislav Beran, 27
Goaltending Coach: Daniel Palchak, 46
Trainer: Giorgos Hespasthou, 59

F Line 1:
10 LW David Palchak(Senior)
24 C Nikolaj Kim(Junior)
22 RW Yeong Jin Goh(Senior)

F Line 2:
12 LW Seong Weon Kembold(Junior)
13 C Christian Maher(Junior)
19 RW Kendall Anderson(Sophomore)

F Line 3:
11 LW Jakko Teravainen(Freshman)
43 C Bernard-Berkley Singh(Freshman)
37 RW Joon Shik Kim(Senior)

F Line 4:
55 LW Fahid Anselini(Sophomore)
7 C Claudio Martinez(Junior)
8 RW Guilherme Gelinas(Freshman)

D Pair 1:
4 LD Julio Préservatif de Trojana(Senior)
34 RD Shawn de Dante(Junior)

D Pair 2:
42 LD Duke Wilson(Sophomore)
44 RD DeShawn Miller(Senior)

D Pair 3:
36 LD Ivan Sung(Senior)
8 RD Karims Marzanis(Freshman)

Goalies:
36 G Anton Ledominsky(Senior)
35 G Milan Kovalek(Freshman)

Happy 420 Friends!

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

ParadePride.oac.vtr

Postby Vettrera » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:57 am

The Amastia University Parade...And Their Biggest Competition

If you're from the protectorates of Oakbrook and Calvarie and you want to be interested in Sector I (top level) athletics, you don't get many choices of teams to root for. There are only two major (and two minor) Sector I conferences for the protectorates. The main two conferences are the Calvarie Major League (16 teams) and the Oakbrook Premier League (14 teams). The Amastia U Parade of course, competes in the Calvarie Major League. In Sector I's largest conference (and second most powerful, behind the Coastal Conference of Western Vettrea).So where does Amastia U fit in when we analyze the CML power players and the big 4 sports (Gridiron, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey), take a look at what Tom Hardy from Bleacherz had to say:

Calvare's Finest
King's Grove University (Claymores): KGU is one of the strongest Gridiron teams in the VCSA, and consistently qualifies for the VCSA playoffs in all sports. They are also the undisputed champions of VCSA Baseball, holding more titles than any other teams. KGU holds complete control of the conference as the #1

Rockport University (Rivercats): Known mainly for their constant dominance in Gridiron (Holding more conference championships than any team in the CML, along with several VCSA overall championships), the team also consistently qualifies for March Mayhem for the basketball season, and is currently the fourth best team in the conference in hockey. Their only real issue is during baseball season, where they have trouble reaching 80% of stadium capacity, and tend to be middling in the standings, though it is not rare to see them place as high as 4th.

Waverly Southern (Windstorm): The jack of all trades / master of none can be seen in the Windstorm that is Waverly Southern. The team is always in contention to qualify for the VCSA tournament, yet rarely in contention to take the conference or national title.

-----------

Amastia U is not by any measure a powerhouse team in the conference. The squad hovers around a 40% win percentage annually when competing in the two main sports (Basketball & Gridiron). However, the team is one of the top baseball squads in the VCSA, only placing behind King's Grove University and the University of Helena Falls. Similarly, the team has an up-and-coming hockey team that tends to qualify for the playoffs every year, yet is never on anyone's radar when it comes to actually being competitive once they get there. Amastia U has a solid fan-base, and the stadiums are at around 75% capacity during regular season/non-rivalry games. When playing post-season, qualifying, or rivalry games, the team usually sells out, despite the fact that their main rivals are Amastia Tech (who is not very competitive in anything) and Oceanside (who is only competitive in baseball and gridiron, yet fails horribly at the other two main sports). The school has a potential to become a powerhouse in the niche sports, but in the status quo Amastia U still finds themselves middling among the CML's giants.

*- Soccer was ignored, because the format of the league is different, making it hard to measure the teams against each other.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Player Profile- (1)

Julio Préservatif de Trojana

Place of birth: Trojana, Ontario, Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Height: 6''3''
Weight: 208 Ib
Shoots: Left
Position: Right-side Defenseman

Summary: Julio, the oldest of three members of the famous Trojana House, had a spectacular season as an offensive defenseman. Coming back to his fourth and last QIS season as the Captain of the Axeheads, he easily led the team to the Frontier Conference Championships, as well as a Frozen Four semifinalist, recording 21 goals and 30 assists in 38 regular season games, as well as 3 goals and 4 assists in 4 playoff games.
A talented offensive defenseman, his skating skills and hands are singlehandedly among the top 3 in QIS defensemen, allowing the puck to make the seamless translation out of the own zone. His shots and able to handle the opponent forwards are certainly a top-notch, but he sometimes has problems with maintaining the consistency in his defensive play as a result.
Julio, who’s currently a marketing intern with Trojana. Co’s Innovations and Ideas department, is expected to continue his hockey career within Ottawa Senators’ organisation, where he just signed a three year entry contract. While it's yet to be seen whether his success will translate to professional ranks, it is still evident that he has potential to be a mainstay defenseman in QHL.

Happy 420 Friends!

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Cutoff for Semis

Results
Last edited by Vaugania on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Eh, forgot about this somehow. Cutoff for Round of 8 for Kira & Lawliet Conferences.

Scores up.
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Le Cutoff for Conference Quarterfinals!

Scores!
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:20 pm

THE VCSA DIVIDES AFTER INDEPENDENCE-VOTING CONTROVERSY IN OAKBROOK & CALVARIE

After news that the vote to keep Oakbrook and Calvarie part of the Valoria System were actually rigged, the VCSA quickly decided to change the format of collegiate athletics in both Vettrera and the (as-of-now) protectorates, despite the fact that the actual government has yet to do anything. This was done for two purposes:

A- To limit the common security issues and conflict that would happen from having Out Of Conference Games between the two locations
B- To allow each area more freedom in deciding which qualification methods work best for them.

In the event that establishing an official champion between the two areas is unsafe, each area can simply declare their own.

The VCSA (Valorian Collegiate Sporting Association) is now the ASCU for Oakbrook and Calvarie (Alliance of Sporting Colleges and Universities), and the VCAA (Vettreran Collegiate Athletics Association). What this means for the future of athletics in the two areas has been broken down as follows

The Alliance of Sporting Colleges & Universities

OVERALL: There will no longer be any Sector II Athletics for Oakbrook and Calvarie, all schools with legitimate VCSA-recognized athletic programs are now able to compete with every other team. This brings the ASCU to 80 teams overall, here is the breakdown by conferences:

Calvarie Major League: 16 schools | Silver Mountain Range: 12 schools | Woodlands Conference: 10 schools | Holy Alliance: 10 schools
Oakbrook Premier League: 14 schools | Oceanic Conference: 10 schools | Eastern Tropics: 8 schools

GRIDIRON: Gridiron is the least important sport in the newly formed ASCA, with only 2 conferences (the CML and OPL) and 30 teams taking part. Of those teams, the Top 12 will qualify for the playoffs. The top 5 in each conference qualify automatically after 11 games of conference play. After that, the next two in each conference (Therefore 4 overall) play in wildcard games to determine who will get the last two spots. It is likely that a final game will be played between the Vettreran champion and Oakbrook & Calvarie champion.

BASKETBALL: All conferences will take part in basketball, with the top 32 qualifying for post-season play. Qualification methods include regular season performance, or a qualification-tournament. Teams will play approximately 20 conference games per season.

BASEBALL: All conference teams will compete in baseball, with general procedure on qualification continuing to be followed. BASEBALL POST-SEASON PLAY WILL CONTINUE TO INCLUDE VETTRERAN & OAKBROOK-CALVARIE TEAMS, PLAYED AT A NEUTRAL LOCATION. 32 teams will qualify.

HOCKEY: See above

SOCCER: There will continue to be no official conferences for soccer. Teams will qualify for post-season play based on how they perform at various invitationals or on an At-Large Bid basis.

The Vettreran Collegiate Athletic Association

There will continue to be sectors for the VCAA in sports as they all stand except for Hockey, Baseball, and Soccer. In accordance to status quo methods, Soccer Teams will qualify via invitationals at at large methods, For Hockey, where only 50 schools participate, there will be no official conferences. Teams will have their opponents randomly draw with the top 16 qualifying for the post season. The same format will be used in baseball.

The format for Babbage Rules qualification has yet to be decided, considering some schools in Oakbrook and Calvarie do have programs.

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Cutoff for the Third Round of the Liberty and Coconut Conference Tournaments
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:57 pm

Cutoff for St. Ignatius and St. Francis Xavier Finals.

Results
Last edited by Vaugania on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports