NATION

PASSWORD

CEdP III (Concluded; Everything; Esportiva only)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
98X
Secretary

Founded: Jun 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

CEdP III (Concluded; Everything; Esportiva only)

Postby 98X » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Disclaimer: this is an in-character thread for the third Esportiva Region's basketball tournament. Sign-ups, which took place from RL May 25, 2014—RL June 6, 2014, have concluded. Posts in this thread should be in-character information and roleplays from the host nation and other previously-accepted participants, or members of the NationStates Administrative and Moderation Teams performing their duties. Others should be prepared for a telegram from 98X requesting they delete their post and/or edit to apologize for interrupting.

The Orange Line of 98X Welcomes you to CEdP 3!
Hello, and welcome to 98X for the third edition of the Campionato Esportivano de Pallancesto. This third edition brings a record twenty nations to the public transit-aficionados' nation 98X, where only two will play a three-game Championship series at the Orange Dome in Gillig City, and only one will be crowned champion. Join us, as we find out who wins, who comes close, and who misses the bus!

Participating Nations
Yttribia ∙ Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva ∙ Earo ∙ Vettrera ∙ New Wolfopolis ∙ Chiata ∙ Hicana ∙ Estope ∙ The Royal Barangay (Sangti) ∙ 98X ∙ Southern Sunrise Islands ∙ The Sarian ∙ Lojal (puppet of The Sarian) ∙ Jectaria ∙ Felix ∙ San Jose Guayabal ∙ Kazamatsuri ∙ Free Swiss States ∙ Chrovan ∙ Noburu Taiyou

Group Draw
With 9 ranked (Pool A) and 11 unranked teams (Pool B) competing, one group will have 5 ranked teams; the other will have 4 and the tournament host (98X).
Host Nation
98X

Pool A Straw # Pool B Straw #
The Sarian (16) 1 Kazamatsuri 1
Noburu Taiyou (16) 2 N. A. A. Z. o. E. 2
Earo (7) 3 Chiata 3
Chrovan (6) 4 Free Swiss States 4
Estope (9) 5 Jectaria 5
The Royal Barangay (3) 6 Southern Sunrise Islands 6
Felix (5) 7 Hicana 7
San Jose Guayabal (8) 8 New Wolfopolis 8
Yttribia (13) 9 Lojal 9
Vettrera 10
Group Draw Results Summary

Groups
Group Alexander Dennis
The Sarian (T16)
Noburu Taiyou (T16)
Earo (7)
The Royal Barangay (3)
Yttribia (13)
Kazamatsuri
Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva
Chiata
Free Swiss States
Vettrera2nd Roster
Group Gillig
Chrovan (6)
Estope (9)
Felix (5)
San Jose Guayabal (8)
98X
Jectaria
Southern Sunrise Islands
Hicana
New Wolfopolis
Lojal

Schedule
The entire tournament will be held in 98X, venue and city information to follow.
Matchday cutoffs at 9 PM Pacific Daylight Time, UTC-7.
Group Draw Saturday June 7 (concluded)
MD1 Monday June 9
MD2 Tuesday June 10
MD3 Wednesday June 11
MD4 Thursday June 12
MD5 Friday June 13
MD6 Saturday June 14
MD7 Sunday June 15
MD8 Monday June 16
MD9 Tuesday June 17
Round of 16 Thursday June 19
Quarterfinals Friday June 20
Semifinals Saturday June 21
Championship Game 1 Sunday June 22
Championship Game 2 Monday June 23

Championship Game 3 (n/a)

Background/Historical Information
Guide to Sports Roleplaying
General Sports Roleplaying Questions
Original Bid Information
Current Regional Ranks
CEdP II
CEdP I

Final Reminders
  • Quality, not quantity.
  • Relevancy.
  • Have fun!
Last edited by 98X on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
This post/nation may not reflect my personal view on any given subject.
98X is a voluntary member of the Rejected Realms!
World Assembly puppet of 95XAtlantian Oceania is the place.

98X
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Venue/Host City Information

Postby 98X » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:40 pm

98X Geographical Blurbs

If one stares at the map of Esportiva long enough, they'll say, "oh, of course! That's where 98X is!" Being a former member of the forerunner to the World Assembly, cars aren't totally banned, yet, although the government has made it as expensive as possible through tolls, punitive goods and services taxes, and required user fees. Intercity bus and rail service is available and inexpensive, so we highly recommend using them.

Gillig City is the event capital of 98X. If there's a major event, it's in Gillig City. Its metro population of over 2 million literally live where the action is.

Newflyer is another large 98X city. With two arenas of significant size and a population of 1.6 million, quite a few games will take place there.

Port Sockeye is the major 98X ocean port. Named for the fish that once inhabited the nearby rivers and creeks, overfishing and destruction of habitat led to their decline. Approximately 1 million live there, and is the most diverse city in 98X due to its geographic location.

Sylvania City is the seat of government, and the oldest city in 98X. The population of around 750,000 live in a tree-lined city built on a hill.

Venue Information

Orange Dome, Gillig City
(Based off the Carrier Dome)
Capacity: ~33,000
Not only will the Orange Dome host the Semifinals and Championship series, 98X will play all its own games here. Built for insanely huge events, don't be surprised if it pops up on your team's non-98X itenary.

Gillig City Arena
Capacity: 17,000
The usual home of basketball in Gillig City. It's state-of-the-art and slated to host many games.

Complications Complex, Newflyer
Arena 1: 15,000
Arena 2: 7,000
Yes, there are two arenas, capable of holding events simultaneously, right next to each other. Arena 1 usually holds major sports events, while Arena 2 normally gets used for trade shows, high school graduations, public appearances by talking heads, and the like; it can easily hold basketball contests. Arena 2 is the older of the two and was originally named simply "City Special Event Center." It survives in the era of larger venues due to being included in the sports complex, as well as throgh the excellent transit connections nearby. (And please note we once said we "recommended" venues of at least 14,000, it wasn't a rule.)

Survivors Memorial Arena, Port Sockeye
Capacity: 14,000
Named for those that risked their lives on boats coming into the country, sometimes in poor health, it's said the first sports competition was held on the land the arena was excavated on.

Arena of the Trees, Sylvania City
(Based on Matthew Knight Arena)
Capacity: 12,364
A rather new facility snugly nestled into Downtown Sylvania City.

Special Events Center, Gillig City
(Based on Reese CourtOOC: naw, I wouldn't do that, would I?!)
Capacity: 6,000
A small, historic, yet rather easy to book facility in the heart of Gillig City.

Group Schedule Detail
MD1
1v10, 2v9, 3v8, 4v7, 5v6
MD2
6v10, 5v7, 4v8, 3v9, 2v1
MD3
2v10, 3v1, 4v9, 5v8, 6v7
MD4
10v7, 8v6, 9v5, 1v4, 2v3
MD5
3v10, 4v2, 5v1, 6v9, 7v8
MD6
10v8, 9v7, 1v6, 2v5, 3v4
MD7
4v10, 5v3, 6v2, 7v1, 8v9
MD8
10v9, 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5
MD9
5v10, 6v4, 7v3, 8v2, 9v1
Last edited by 98X on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:17 am

After an amazing performance months ago in the IBC and in the NSCAA, Vettrera has high hopes and high expectations for their first campaign into to CeDP. This strong and capable squad found themselves in the quarterfinals of the IBC earlier this year, where they would lose to eventual runner-ups Electrum. Though IBC rankings mean very little in the context of the CEdP, Vettrera expects to perform well being the top ranked team in the competition.

General Info
Style Modifier: +5
All-Time Record: 19 - 7*
Trigram: VTR
IBC Rank: 7
*- Includes all official basketball events

Uniforms
ImageImage

No.  Name           Pos   Age    Ht.      Team                    College

8 Bryce Hopkins G 28 6'0 Castor Cubs Castor Provincial
18 Terry Bradshaw G 26 6'2 Tigrera Thunderboltz West Granton
25 Sean Woodland F 28 6'9 Polluxia Pumas U of Diego City
40 Aaron Levore F 22 6'9 Polluxia Pumas U of Diego City
20 Omario Marron C 24 6'8 Cartridge Cobras Valor Coast U

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 Milton Coolige G 24 6'1 Valor City Commodores King's Grove University
28 DeMario Green G 23 6'3 Hectate Hornets Waverly Southern
23 Devin Grossly F 23 6'7 Huddleston Hoyas Darnell
43 Wiley Browe F 25 6'7 Maplier Magic Solstice City Metro
19 Michael Dow C 22 6'9 Hectate Hornets Bankhead State

Head Coach:Damion LaGrange (Age 43)
Assistant Coach: Trenton Woods (Age 40)
Head of Research Staff: Marcella Brantley (Age 36)
Head Physician: Damirra Revey (Age 36)

RP Permissions
I give my opponent permission to:
Choose my pointscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
Give my players foul: Yes
Foul my players out: Yes
Give injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Godmod other events: No
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 am

Chiata Stingers

IBC Rank: 11
CEdP Rank: UN
All-Time Season Record: 6-2
All-Time Playoff Record: 4-3

Coach: Sean Johnson
Style Mod: -4
Defense: Zone Press

Starting Five:
PG: Lawrence Pembleton - No. 5 - M - 24 yrs. - 6' 4"
SG: Thomas Lint - No. 2 - M - 20 yrs. - 6' 6"
PF: John Dawson No. 7 - M - 20 yrs. 6' 8"
SF: Lee Macias No. 27 - M - 21 yrs. - 6' 10"
C: Simon Hutchens No. 9 - M - 21 yrs. 7' 0"

Bench:
G: Eddie Terry No. 15 - M - 20 yrs. - 6' 1"
G: Timothy Terry No. 16 - M - 20 yrs. - 5' 11"
F: William Peterson No. 18 - M - 21 yrs. 6' 7"
F: Susan Perry No. 6 - F - 21 yrs. - 6' 6"
C: Daniel Scott No. 30 - M - 20 yrs. - 6' 11"
C: Mildred Simmons No. 23 - F - 19 yrs. - 7' 2"

RP Permissions:
Choose my pointscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Give my players fouls: Y
Foul my players out: Y
Give injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N (basically no deaths)
Godmod other events: Y
Last edited by Chiata on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

Estope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Estope » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Head Coach: Johnny Garriga - Age 44
Assistant Coach - Morty Flemmings - Age 85

Starters:
F - Ian Hursh - Age: 22 - 6'5"
F - Byron Landey - Age: 24 - 6'8"
C - Isaac Dalke - Age: 21 - 6'9"
G - Dwayne Morimoto - Age: 27 - 6'3"
G - Jarod Meley - Age: 20 - 6'3"

Bench:
F - Modesto Hensdill - Age: 24 - 6'7"
F - Darell Gillom - Age: 26 - 6'3"
F - Emon Kmiotek - Age: 20 - 6'8"
C - Del Elg - Age: 21 - 6'10"
G - Zack Emberlin - Age: 22 - 6'1"
G - Malcolm Busl - Age: 23 - 6'4"
G - Marcus Esannason - Age: 24 - 6'5"

Arena: Joyce-Humphrey Center
Arena Location: Twin Brooks
Arena Capacity: 21,000
Style Modifier: -3

RP Permissions
Choose my scorers: Y
Give my players foul: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Soccer: 61st (14.33 pts.) | Football: 26th (9.08 pts.) | Baseball: 13th (3.23 pts.) | Rugby: 13th (5.07 pts.)
Hockey: 11th (16.85 pts.) | Basketball: 25th (2.73 pts.) | Lacrosse: 4th (37.62 pts.)
Maklohi Vai Tournament (Baseball)
Esportiva Union Cup II (Rugby)
Estope Open
World Bowl XXIII
Maple Leaf Bowl III

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:05 pm

The Felixian Basketball Association (FBA)
Presents...

THE FELIXIAN NATIONAL TEAM

PG-
Christianne Blue {Age: 23} F (Starter)
Hjörtur Olvirsson {Age: 22} M (Substitute)
SG-
Dakarai Girard {Age: 30} M (Starter) [Captain]
Marcie Young {Age: 20} F (Substitute)
SF-
Dane Arkwright {Age: 24} M (Starter)
Layla Fleming {Age: 21} F (Substitute)
PF-
Octavia Rivero {Age: 28} F (Starter)
Carlos Quirós {Age: 22} M (Substitute)
C-
Varela {Age: 24} F (Starter)
Nico Losberg {Age: 17} (Substitute)
Head Coach-
Dan Enns {Age: 51} M <Coached for 7 Years>

---

RP Permissions

You can do whatever you want, just no killing and I will determine the severity of the injuries.
Last edited by Felix on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Previously

Temuco, Felix

"Alright girl." Miiko Jacobsen started, "It's time we parted ways. I have figured out a way for you to be shipped out of here. I have some contacts in Project +90." Alexandra interrupted him, "I am sorry but mother said..." Miiko interrupted her just like she did to him merely seconds ago, "Look, your mother intended for you to stay in Felix, but the Presidential Secret Service and I agreed that we need to transport you out of this country. Don't worry your mother will understand." "But..." Alexandra started, "No, Alex. I am sorry. Temuco, despite your thinking, is crawling in Nationalist forces. The best thing for you is to get the hell out of here."

Alexandra sighed loudly, she then looked around and accepted what was being said, "Alright Mr. Jacobsen... So where are these Project +90 scouts?" Miiko nodded, "Okay, the scouts should be near the stadium." "Costinhão?" "Yes, the Costinhão." He paused and looked around, "Anyways, you'll meet a guy name Marco, he is the scout picking you up. He will give you a specific set of instructions and give you a new identity. Officially, the Northern Sunrise Islands doesn't care about the new change in government. But if the airport security finds out who you are..." "I am going to be sent to jail." finishes Alexandra, "Yup." Miiko nods. He continues, "Yeah, so go. I'll hide the helicopter or something just go. Goodbye Alexandra Van Der Ven. Good luck." Alexandra begins to walk away, "You too Mr. Jacobsen."

Two Hours Later at the Costinhão

Alexandra walked from the heliport in southeastern Temuco to downtown Temuco where the Costinhão and Marco, this mysterious Project +90 scout, was. There he was, he was dressed in shorts and a aloha shirt. Alexandra looked at him and Marco waved. Yep, she began her thought, this was the right man. "Are you Marco?" She asked just in case. The man nodded, "Yes, I am Marco. I am assuming you are Alexandra, right? Or should I say... Claudia?" Alexandra was confused, "Uh, excuse me?" Marco walked close to her, "Miiko didn't tell you?" He asked with true concern. Then it hit her, the new id thing, "Oh yeah, yeah. He told me. Um, are you going to give it to me?" Marco shook his head, "Non. Not yet, we get to the airport. Common, get in the car so we can get there." Alexandra nodded.

One Hour Later at Temuco Multiversal Airport

"Alright, we just need to get through customs and we are in the clear." Marco whispered to Alexandra. She nodded. Marco gave her a forged Felixian passport the ppassport showed a picture of her and the name Claudia Terrafaux, born in San Domingo, Felix a small town just outside Santa Maria. She gave it to the customs agent and he looked at her and then the passport, "Huh." The man said. He then told her and Marco to move along. She made it.

She then got ready for the flight, she had a quick bite to eat and she went into the Project +90 jet. Inside were some young footballers ready to get out of Felix and move on to the next leg of their journey. She some kids in a row of chairs but didn't say anything she sat down by herself and looked down. Even with these kids on the plane she felt very much alone. The jet turned on it's engine and began to back up. It then got on the runway and began to gain speed, soon enough it was in the air. Alexandra put her head on the window and cried a little bit. "Goodbye Felix."

-----

Santa Maria, Felix

"What do you mean I am relieved from my duties?!"

"l am sorry Kate Limbaugh, but under new government policy women cannot be generals. We at the Felixian Army are going to make you captain of the new women's brigade in Army Corps XI."

"This is total bullshit! Fuck you guys I quit!"

23 year old, Kate Limbaugh of Oceania, Felix had enough. First she was restricted to being a one star general. Now she is demoted because of this sexist bullshit policy by the Nationalist government. After she stormed out of Army Headquarters she went to her home where she emailed the head of human resources in the army that she quit the military service.

She received a response soon enough and it terminated her position as the new captain. And now? She was unemployed. She didn't care though she had enough of their crap, and besides she could find a job soon, right? Wrong. A month later? She lost her apartment. Another month later? She applied for the dole. She got it and now she is living in a halfway house in downtown Santa Maria. How two months can change a person's fortune.

Now why couldn't she get a job? She dropped out of high school at the age of 18. She was a senior and she was one of the brightest students in her high school but after a house fire burnt down the house and killed her parents she went to a state of depression and started to skip school. Soon enough she flunked out of high school. She was alone and scared. Not to mention, homeless.

Enter the military programme the Felixian Army was in. She applied for the lowest and cheapest (free) job entry. Common solider. From their she quickly moved up the ranks after military instructors realized the talent she had for warfare strategy. Fast forward to 2014 and she was the highest ranked woman in the Felixian Army and only at the age of 23.

How things changed for Kate Limbaugh. But things started to change for the better for the poor Kate. A man, dressed in a brown overcoat knocked on the door to her halfway house and asked to come in. She allowed him in. The man revealed himself as a Free Felix army recruiter. He would discuss more about what he was offering but he told her to meet him in the Memorial Bridge Cafe in downtown Santa Maria. She kicked him out acting as if she wasn't interested. But she was lying, she knew the houses were bugged and she had to lie.

Two hours later she went to the cafe where she disgused what the mysterious man was offering. After another two hours of talks she accepted the job as general of the Free Felix Army. By 09:00 hours tomorrow she would had experienced another change in fortune. It was official though, Kate Limbaugh was a rebel. Funny how things can change for a person with one event.
To be continued...
Last edited by Felix on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

ValoriaSportz.vtr

Postby Vettrera » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:04 pm

ImageDiedreca College
For the first time in a long time (which spans three decades), major changes will be taking place over the course of the next year for the VCSA (Vettrera's authority on collegiate sports), mainly in collegiate basketball. First on the docket is Diedreca college, who will now be moving down to Sector II athletics in all sports. This came as no major surprise due to the fact that Diedreca College simply failed to win against any of their competition in the Lower Belt conference across any sport. In fact, the only sport Diedreca College had any success in was Hockey (which the Lower Belt Conference is already Sector II in). Save Valor City Polytechnic and Lafayette Tech, there are no true powerhouse schools in the Lower Belt conference for Diedreca to compete against in any sport, which only further emphasizes just how fall they have fallen. The school will now compete in the Greater Ridge Conference (which is Sector II) for all sports.Orleans College will replace their spot, rising up from the Sector II Port City Conference.

Most of you might not be familiar with the image on the right, but basketball fans would be wise to soon familiarize themselves with this school. Windcreek University, a member of the Red Valley Conference, will be joining Sector I along with the other 9 teams in the conference as the RVC has reached the point where they generate enough in income to be considered a Sector I school. The RVC will compete in Sector I in all sports. Windcreek University dominated the RVC in Hockey and Basketball winning more conference championships than any other school in the conference, and being one of the top 5 winningest teams in Sector II athletics.
To the left is Yates College, which was made famous for their performance in the most recent edition of the NSCAA and is a member of the New East Conference. Lastly, as the RVC rises to prominence, the New East Conference will fold because of financial issues. The teams will then separate into different conferences based on their own personal needs, no school has finalized what conference(s) they will be competing in. Ironically, this also corresponds with the return of East Castor University to Sector I basketball (a school that was one of the first to win a national basketball title, but did not have the funds to continue competing in the conference) as they will compete in the Central Conference next year for all sports but football.

A POINT OF CLARIFICATION
Many of our international readers have been curious to know exactly how Vettrera's collegiate athletic programs work/are structured. All schools that compete in collegiate sports do so under the VCSA (Valorian Collegiate Sporting Association). There are two sectors for competition: Sector 1 and Sector 2. What sector a school competes in is dependant on how much money they invest in a specific sport or program. A school them competes in a given conference based on what sector they are in for that specific sport. Some conferences are Sector 1 for some sports but Sector 2 for others. And while many schools simply align their sporting programs to fit with the conferences, it is possible to switch conferences from sport to sport if necessary. The biggest difference between Sector 1 and Sector 2 is the emphasis on conference tournaments vs national tournaments. Sector 1 places more emphasis on national competitions and championships, and interconference play is more likely to occur. Furthermore, winning the national title is extremely important and the national tournament is much more grand and more effort is put into determining things like seeding. For Sector 2, winning the conference title is all that really matters, and is seen as the biggest possible achievement. However, the top team from each conference will compete for the Sector 2 national title.
Last edited by Vettrera on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Nova Anglicana Lions National Basketball Team: CEdP III

Offensive Style: 4 Out, 1 In
Defensive Style: Aggressive
Style Modifier (if applicable): +2
Captain: Gary Hale
Colors: Red and White Home, Blue and White Away
Arena: National Arena (doubles as hockey stadium)
Arena Location: Londinium
Arena Capacity: 14,000
Head Coach: Raymon Guidry
Assistant Coaches: Elmo Cardwell, Nick Goodman

Roster

Starters

G #3 Caleb Burns, 5'10, 26 - dished out a career-high 7.3 assists per game in NABA last year, decent jumper but real game is driving and dropping dimes
G #17 Dominic King, 6'2, 31 - Star of the team and former NABA MVP, King can shoot, handle, pass, and play D, his success is critical to success of team
G #10 Danny Flowers, 6'3, 28 - improved defender, he can really pop the 3-ball, don't leave him open
F #24 Bryan Conner, 6'7, 32 - Conner's back-to-the-basket game is somewhat limited, but he handles and shoots well for a forward, undersized
C #56 Gary Hale, 7'0, 36 - Hale, now older, is a little more of a Tim Duncan than a Kevin Love at this point, still the captain and a force

Reserves
G #14 Rey Benavides, 6'4, 27 - Benavides does two things well: defend, and rebound, offensive game is weak
G #6 Clyde Pope, 6'1, 34 - backup PG knows exactly what to do at any moment, veteran presence extremely helpful off bench
G #12 Stephen Knight, 6'0, 28 - Knight is deadly jump shooter, still needs to work on his D
F #25 Cody Lewis, 6'6, 26 - fiery competitor, temper gets him in trouble, great outside shooter and defender, will see a lot of time
F #41 Kelvin Braxton, 6'9, 22 - Braxton is a tremendous leaper, has the handles to play 3 or 4-spot, needs to bulk up
F #35 Alphonse DuBois, 6'8, 29 - DuBois is a banger, plays a physical defensive and offensive game, not afraid to throw his weight around
C #44 Ibrahim Mbaraza, 7'2, 27 - Sudanese refugee is a defensive force, offense will never be truly elite, but adequate

Playing Style

Nova Anglicana is not known for producing extremely tall players, and its young history means that they've had to take what they can get as far as athletes. As such, they've adopted a quick, aggressive, team rather than a particularly big one. Their three-guard lineup often means they are quicker than their opponents, but can be mismatched on the defensive end. Therefore, they play a variety of defenses, "junk" or otherwise. Their main defenses are man-to-man and a 2-3 matchup zone, but have been known to play a trapping 1-3-1, 3-2, or a box-and-one, with Flowers chasing the opposing team all over the court. They also employ a 1-3-1 full-court press, with Hale to play goalkeeper in the back. Their game relies on creating turnovers and turning them into points, so they run fairly often. When forced into a half-court situation, they will dump the ball down to Hale and let him work, or try to draw their defenders out of the lane so that somebody can drive. They like to run the pick-and-pop with Conner, and will run Flowers off of multiple screens to get him open for threes. This is their first time participating in the Campionato Esportiva de Pallancesto. In two previous appearances in the International Basketball Championships, they have compiled a 13-5 group stage record, but have lost in three games in the Round of 16 both times.

Schedule

TBA

Uniforms

Home
Away

RP Permissions

Godmod scoring events: Y, but TG me before you put anything in and I'll give it the yea or nay
Give my players foul: Y (no technicals, maybe head coach)
Give injuries to my players: Y, but not serious ones (1 game or less)
Godmod other events: N
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:59 pm

The Royal Barangay National Basketball Team

presented to you by

Konsehong Pampalakasan ng Maharlikang Barangay
(The Royal Barangay Sports Council)

INFO
Region: Esportiva

OFFICIAL 12-MAN ROSTER
No.  Pos   Name               Age  Height  Club
4 C/PF Ahlen Columbino 24 203.2 CB Lafoxpa
5 G Amando Sumisim 24 172.7 CB Diabuen-Cencioino
6 PG Cesar Macalindong 27 152.4 Sangtiola Nandezfer
7 PF Marchal Chang 25 195.6 Deportivo Toa
8 SF Nataniel Silungan 25 188.0 CB Diabuen-Cencioino
9 SG Ceazar Dolorfino 24 177.8 Deportivo Toa
10 SF McDarvin Bejosano 26 188.0 Carrubonieta Il Gueti
11 C Agustini Espiritu 24 213.4 CB Dradean
12 G Charmond Cenita 24 172.7 BC Lestialce
13 PF Ford Pilien 24 180.3 Racing XInghua Baoyam
14 SG Izac Lapore 22 170.2 Olympique Leonde
15 C Armando Bagasina 24 203.2 Real Cintore

DEPTH CHART
Pos  Starter       Bench       Reserve
C Espiritu Bagasina -
PF Columbino Chang Pilien
SF Bejosano Silungan -
SG Sumisim Dolorfino Lapore
PG Macalindong Cenita -

COACHING STAFF AND INFO
Head Coach: Leimar Macugay
Assistant Coach: Eljohn Tabula
Captain: Ahlen Columbino

JERSEYS

HOME ARENA
Arena Nacional
Sangti, TRB
cap. 19000

RP PERMISSIONS
Choose my pointscorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: NO
Give my players foul: YES
Foul my players out: YES
Give injuries to my players: YES
Godmod injuries to my players: NO
Godmod other events: NO
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Noburu Taiyou
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noburu Taiyou » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Noburu Taiyou National Basketball Team

Offensive Style: Princeton
Defensive Style: Full-Court Press
Style Modifier (if applicable): -5
Head Coach: Hidenori Ooki
Colors: Blue and Yellow
Demonym: Taiyouese

Roster

Starting Lineup

G: Motoshi Maekawa - 5 feet, 7 inches (M)
G: Mikiya Kochi - 5 feet, 8 inches (M)
F: Mayuko Ishiyama - 5 feet, 11 inches (F)
F: Hatsumi Koku - 6 feet, 0 inches (F)
C: Fumitaka Yamakawa - 6 feet, 5 inches (M)

Bench

G - Shinsuke Yamazaki - 5 feet, 9 inches (M)
G - Kaya Mizokuchi - 5 feet, 3 inches (F)
F - Natsuki Iwamoto - 5 feet, 10 inches (F)
F - Maeka Umaba - 5 feet, 11 inches (F)
C - Keishuu Niita - 6 feet, 3 inches (M)

RP Permissions

Give my players foul: Y
Give injuries to my players: N
Now fully independent former Esportivan colony of the Federation of Free Republics

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:01 pm

The Angas were facing a familiar foe.

Nova Anglicana was the one who eliminated them from competition in the recently concluded IBC 14 in Cassadaigua. With the nation having an administration zone in the region, it enabled them to compete for the region's premier basketball tournament, and luckily, the Angas will be the first team that they will face.

It's time to relive another pulsating game between the two teams, as both of them contested three closely fought games, which series was won by the Lions. It's time for payback, and with two CEdP tournament experience (and a third place finish last time), the Angas looks to be early favorites for the title of 'best basketball team' in the region.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

New Wolfopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Wolfopolis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:34 pm

updated logo soon to come
New Wolfopolis Wolfpack - National Basketball Team
Offensive Style: Fast-paced, points-off-turnovers and high-percentage shots
Defensive Style: Turnover-based
Overall Style Mod: -1
Captain: Merlin Garrett
Head Coach: Edward Selby
Asst. Coach: Leland Chase

5 Truman Tapia F
1 Jesse Burgess G
23 Bennie Reeves F/G
6 Robert Downey C
3 Bennett Gaines F
51 Nelson Holden F
55 Merlin Garrett G
25 Timothy Slater G
32 Mickey Rodriguez C
4 Lemuel Ho G
10 Augustine McGuire F/G
13 Scotty Lowery F
36 Rafael Corcoran F/C

Mora Memorial Arena @ Lupinia Pavilion, Lupinia, capital of New Wolfopolis
Capacity: 25,000

Designed by Dingo Sportswear, New Wolfopolis
White - home, grey - away, blue and red, alt

TBD

The games will be televised on NWSN, with Marvin Hyman and Mary Creamer on the call. After the game, Anjelica Munica, Paul Hulme, and Robert Devos will give you Wolfpack Postgame Live.

RP injuries to my players: Y, I'll decide length or severity
Godmod Injuries: N
Godmod scoring events: N
Give out technical Fouls to my players: Y
Eject/Foul Out my players: Y, max of one unless there's a fight or something, no suspensions
New Wolfopolis
Demonym: Wolfopian | Capital: Lupinia | Location: Esportiva | Trigramme: NWW | Population: 168,000,000
Proud member of the WA
new.wolfopolis@gmail.com
Champion: None
Second Place: Watterson Bowl I
Third Place: BoI XIV, IBS III, WHS I
Fourth Place: IWC
Host: WBC 30, IWC, Maple Leaf Bowl II, KWC III, NSCAA ACC
Co-Host: IBS III, IBS IV
Founder of World Hoops Showcase
Member of the WBC Council
Also, our sports teams are the Wolfpack, not the Wolves.
Super-Llamaland wrote:"But coach...that's so...that's so New Wolfopolis!"
"Yeah, New Wolfopolis is a good team."
"No, that's not what I meant! It's--organized!"

IRC
00:19:38 — SousChefTrib tenderly massages the Wolfie meat

Need a sports logo? Try Kaplewof!

98X
Secretary

Ex-Nation

98X CEdP III Roster

Postby 98X » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:28 pm

98X Campionato Esportivano de Pallancesto III Roster
Starters
8  Reggie Maloney       6-9  PF
52 Briana Powell 6-10 SF/PF
41 Gerald Kelso 7-2 C
10 Cale Linnton 6-1 PG
28 Nick Loading 6-6 SG/SF
Bench
6  Kendall Westlake     6-10 PF
14 Nico Fourteenth 7-2 C
15 Hans Woodsprite 6-3 PG/SG
17 Gustavo Mulino 6-7 SF/SG
43 Ken Campbell 6-6 SG/SF
46 Keaton Onefortysixth 6-3 PG
55 Darryl Shadow 6-5 SG
Head Coach Ryan Powell (95X)
Ryan Powell grew up hearing his grandfather (also named Ryan Powell) talk about basketball when he played for the 95X National Basketball Team in his youth. Now at the helm of a fledgling nation also playing its first tournament (at home, no less), he hopes his grandfather would have been proud of him.

Most likely to…
Have best overall performance in a game: Reggie Maloney
Make a highlight-reel-worthy slam dunk: Gerald Kelso
Score a three-pointer: tie between Nick Loading and Briana Powell
Lead in assists: Cale Linnton
Lead in rebounds: Gerald Kelso
Have a Triple Double: Reggie Maloney
Play the entire game: Reggie Maloney
Come off the bench first: Ken Campbell
Spend a considerable amount of time on the bench: Keaton Onefortysixth; Kendall Westlake (not because the latter is one of only two females on the team, purely the twelfth-best on the team.)
Have an incredibly excellent or incredibly poor performance: Briana Powell
Have an off-court altercation: Nick Loading
Be a total klutz off the court: Briana Powell (she met her husband by literally falling in love with him.)

RP Permissions
Godmod game events: Y (includes creating in-depth box scores)
Assess Fouls: Y
Foul out/"Disqualify" my players: Y
Injure my players: N

98X
Secretary

Ex-Nation

CEdP III MD1

Postby 98X » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:00 pm

MD1 Results
Group Alexander Dennis
The Sarian 93–76 Vettrera
Noburu Taiyou 78–65 Free Swiss States
Earo 119–59 Chiata
The Royal Barangay 56–62 Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva
Yttribia 55–65 Kazamatsuri

Group Alexander Dennis Pld W L PF PA PD
1 Earo 1 1 0 119 59 +60
2 The Sarian 1 1 0 93 76 +17
3 Noburu Taiyou 1 1 0 78 65 +13
4 Kazamatsuri 1 1 0 65 55 +10
5 Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva 1 1 0 62 56 +6
6 The Royal Barangay 1 0 1 56 62 −6
7 Yttribia 1 0 1 55 65 −10
8 Free Swiss States 1 0 1 65 78 −13
9 Vettrera 1 0 1 76 93 −17
10 Chiata 1 0 1 59 119 −60

Group Gillig
Chrovan 100–82 Lojal
Estope 80–76 New Wolfopolis
Felix 76–70 Hicana
San Jose Guayabal 92–66 Southern Sunrise Islands
98X 80–77 Jectaria

Group Gillig Pld W L PF PA PD
1 San Jose Guayabal 1 1 0 92 66 +26
2 Chrovan 1 1 0 100 82 +18
3 Felix 1 1 0 76 70 +6
4 Estope 1 1 0 80 76 +4
5 98X 1 1 0 80 77 +3
6 Jectaria 1 0 1 77 80 −3
7 New Wolfopolis 1 0 1 76 80 −4
8 Hicana 1 0 1 70 76 −6
9 Lojal 1 0 1 82 100 −18
10 Southern Sunrise Islands 1 0 1 66 92 −26
Last edited by 98X on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

The Scholastic Journal of Oakbrook and Calvarie

Postby Vettrera » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:49 pm

The Surprising Rise of Otteo University
Melinda Amaro

For most people looking to attend college inside the Valoria System (Vettrera or Oakbrook and Calvarie), the best options are most definitely inside Vettrera. The top 10 colleges in the Valoria System are all located inside Vettrera and are all part of the same athletic conference (The Rhodes League), but even outside of that conference, Vettrera still dominates. Schools from Vettrera generally have higher enrollments, higher endowments, more degree programs, and simply better programs. Out of the top 25 colleges in the Valoria System, only one is from Oakbrook and Calvarie, and that school actually just snuck their way into the Top 25 this year. That school is Otteo University. Otteo University (who's logo is pictured above) is the main flagship for the state of Otteo, and ranks as Vettrera's 22nd best university. The school now features one of the strongest medical programs inside of the Valoria System and an extremely strong international relations,journalism, and communications program as well. And to top it all off, the Golden Grizzlies of Otteo University (logo pictured above) now is an extremely consistent and competitive school inside the Oakbrook Premier (Oakbrook's top athletic conference) However, 5 years ago that was not the case. Otteo University was just another mid-level school that would accept anyone with an above average VCAT or VIA score (Valorian College Aptitude Test and Valorian Intelligence Assessment). President of the University Arnold Mayberry turned the school around by offering generous full merit scholarships with the attempt to steal away top applicants from other schools. Furthermore, he opened Otteo University to outsiders and accepted more international applicants than any other school in the Oakbrook or Calvarie area. In fact, 17% of Otteo University's incoming class are internationals. This has helped change the overall atmosphere of Otteo University, making it a great destination for honors students that want to save money getting their degree. Now Otteo University has seen a surge in applications and a surge in monetary earnings as they expect to invest this money back into their schools to help make their already strong programs stronger. Oh, and there's a new basketball stadium in the work as well.

Noburu Taiyou
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noburu Taiyou » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm

News Magazine

Rumor: Taiyouese Independence Protest Planned Tomorrow in Tohoko
by: Mitchell Everard

Just several hours ago, News Magazine received an anonymous tip via electronic mail (e-mail) regarding a possible upcoming protest in Noburu Taiyou by the banned Taiyouese Independence movement. The movement, which is outlawed under the semi-autonomous colony's Constitution, is believed to be connected to the Taiyouese Mafia, an especially notorious organized crime syndicate. While one can only hope that our sources turn out to be mistaken, we ought to nonetheless prepare for the worst.

As we all know, the Taiyouese started the War of Taiyouese Aggression, which resulted in the loss of their independence, and they did so with absolutely no provocation whatsoever. After the War, the Taiyouese thrived due to an economic miracle caused by the forced implementation of Republican economic policies. Within a few decades, they became the go-to place in our Federation for children's entertainment and Miktondo's Miktondo Entertainment Box (MEB) became a phenomenon. Back in the day, my kids were among many who were obsessed with this bizarre box that was shaped like a video recorder. Other Taiyouese corporations, such as Fukushima and Nakamura became titans in the entertainment industry while Matsuzaka managed to set a new standard for motorized bicycles.

However, the Taiyouese economy has gone south in recent years, driven that way by international macroeconomic trends. As the multiverse is plagued by Panic after Panic and nation after nation turns against the capitalizt policies that have been repeatedly and irrefutably proven to be the only way to sustained economic growth, the international economy only continues to worsen. The ongoing rise of the Corvidae, a menace even more odious than Senator Izmailov's Nat-Gres, has only worsened the economic trends further and there is no realistic hope of an economic recovery in the near-future, especially when the Federation Assembly and the Senate are being held hostage by fanatics of all stripes.

I attempted to confirm these reports. However, none of the Taiyouese whom I spoke to, over the telephone, understood a word of English. While I am unsure whether to believe this report or not, it goes without saying that the military authorities will take this report seriously. While I could have asked for a comment from a general, it would not have been worth my time. Of course, the Armed Forces won't take this nonsense lightly, if it happens.

Mitchell Everard is the international news correspondent for News Magazine. A veteran journalist, the 64-year-old Everard has seen it all over the years and is considered one of the most trusted sources for international news.[/quote]
Now fully independent former Esportivan colony of the Federation of Free Republics

98X
Secretary

Ex-Nation

CEdP III MD2

Postby 98X » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:00 pm

MD2 Cutoff
Group Alexander Dennis
Vettrera 93–71 Kazamatsuri
Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva 57–73 Yttribia
Chiata 56–77 The Royal Barangay
Free Swiss States 61–92 Earo
The Sarian 86–84 Noburu Taiyou

1 Earo 2 2 0 211 120 +91
2 The Sarian 2 2 0 179 160 +19
3 Vettrera 2 1 1 169 164 +5
4 Kazamatsuri 2 1 1 136 148 −12
5 Yttribia 2 1 1 128 122 +6
6 Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva 2 1 1 119 129 −10
7 The Royal Barangay 2 1 1 133 118 +15
8 Noburu Taiyou 2 1 1 162 151 +11
9 Free Swiss States 2 0 2 126 170 −44
10 Chiata 2 0 2 115 196 −81

Group Gillig
Lojal 100–80 Jectaria
Southern Sunrise Islands 78–86 98X
Hicana 78–88 San Jose Guayabal
New Wolfopolis 84–80 Felix
Chrovan 73–101 Estope

1 San Jose Guayabal 2 2 0 180 144 +36
2 Estope 2 2 0 181 149 +32
3 98X 2 2 0 166 155 +11
4 New Wolfopolis 2 1 1 160 160 0
5 Chrovan 2 1 1 173 183 −10
6 Lojal 2 1 1 182 180 +2
7 Felix 2 1 1 156 154 +2
8 Hicana 2 0 2 148 164 −16
9 Jectaria 2 0 2 157 180 −23
10 Southern Sunrise Islands 2 0 2 144 178 −34
Last edited by 98X on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:26 am

Earon National Basketball Team

Head Coach: Ibrahim Davison

Starting V
Rufus Gardner 7'2"
Leolin Avery 7'2"
Séamus Sexton 7'0"
Errol O'Doyle 7'0"
Les Pierce 7'0"

Substitution
Jozefo Garland 6'11"
Dand O'Hannegan 6'11"
Bysshe Chancellor 6'10"
Bahadur Dean 6'10"
Ranjeet Thorburn 6'10"

Strategy: On offense, the Earon's will use their height to keep the ball away from their opponents, limiting turnovers to only about two or three per game. The team will always look to penetrate into the paint and score easy buckets. Three point shoots are almost never attempted, but when they are, they usually end up becoming alley-oops.

On Defense, the team will play a 1-3-1 zone, effectively forcing their opponents to stay on the outside and be forced to shoot three pointers. Their height and arm span though will mean a lot of blocked shots, no matter where their opponent takes their shot from.

There one weakness, on both offense and defense, is speed. It will take some time for the team to crass the half-court line, and a full court press may cause a few turnovers.

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Ridgeway University Rams Logo

What Is In A College? Well, in all actuality that's a fairly simple question. A college is filled with students, books, condoms, alcohol, teachers, and fear. But what exactly is in choosing a college? Now that is a much better question. Vettrera & it's protectorates offer around 2,000 different institutions for higher education (if we choose to include Certificate Seminaries & Institutions (Junior Colleges/Community Colleges). That's a lot of data to look through, luckily, Educares.VTR is a free service that can help anyone find the college of their dreams. Find schools that are in your range as we cross-apply your Grading Averages and standardized test scores with those from students that have applied to those schools in the past. Look through our extensive catalogs for scholarship information, and tuition prices. Limit your search to schools with Sector I athletics if you so choose, or limit your schools to those offering Clubhouses (Greek Life). View graduation rates international-acceptance rates, retention rates, yields, and look through our lists that rank all major colleges by overall quality and by specific degree programs! To show how much Educares.VTR has to offer, consider the following:

Every one of the 2,000+ institutions of higher learning inside Vettrera are listed and discussed on our website. This means that we cover every single school in all three tiers of Vettreran Educational Pyramid. Be them National Schools, Regional Schools, or Seminaries. National Schools of course encompass any major college inside the Valoria System. Regional Schools is the term used to denote small provincial schools, which are known for awarding full merit scholarships for high-achieving, low income students. And then Seminaries, being schools that offer Certificates (2-year programs) and the ability to transfer to a regional school given a high enough Grading Average. So to put it simply, Educares is most comprehensive resource for post-secondary education as it offers information on every single accredited school in the Valoria System.

98X
Secretary

Ex-Nation

CEdP III MD3

Postby 98X » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 pm

MD3 Results
Group Alexander Dennis
Noburu Taiyou 71–57 Vettrera
Earo 96–64 The Sarian
The Royal Barangay 94–62 Free Swiss States
Yttribia 85–69 Chiata
Kazamatsuri 67–69 Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva

1 Earo 3 3 0 307 184 +123
2 Yttribia 3 2 1 213 191 +22
3 Nova Anglican Admin Zone of Esportiva 3 2 1 188 196 −8
4 The Sarian 3 2 1 243 256 −13
5 The Royal Barangay 3 2 1 227 180 +47
6 Noburu Taiyou 3 2 1 233 208 +25
7 Vettrera 3 1 2 226 235 −9
8 Kazamatsuri 3 1 2 203 217 −14
9 Free Swiss States 3 0 3 188 264 −76
10 Chiata 3 0 3 184 281 −97

Group Gillig
Estope 83–72 Lojal
Felix 73–66 Chrovan
San Jose Guayabal 89–74 New Wolfopolis
98X 77–68 Hicana
Jectaria 72–68 Southern Sunrise Islands

1 San Jose Guayabal 3 3 0 269 218 +51
2 Estope 3 3 0 264 221 +43
3 98X 3 3 0 243 223 +20
4 Felix 3 2 1 229 220 +9
5 Chrovan 3 1 2 239 256 −17
6 Lojal 3 1 2 254 263 −9
7 New Wolfopolis 3 1 2 234 249 −15
8 Jectaria 3 1 2 229 248 −19
9 Hicana 3 0 3 216 241 −25
10 Southern Sunrise Islands 3 0 3 212 250 −38
Last edited by 98X on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Defense Getting the Job Done for Lions

If you had told Lions Head Coach Raymon Guidry that his team would be averaging 63 points per game three games into the Campionato Esportiva de Pallancesto, he would have expected them to be 0-3. Instead, they're 2-1.

"We're not a bad defensive team, Guidry said, "but it's tough to win a lot of ballgames scoring only 63 points in 40 minutes. I've been really impressed with our guys on defense. It's not our typical 'cause havoc and make the other team turn the ball over a bunch' defense, but it's been really solid, sound, fundamental defense. Now if we could just get the offense going...(laughs).

And the Lions have been playing solid defense. Despite averaging just 63 points per game, they are allowing just 65, with their best effort coming in a 62-56 opening day win over the Royal Barangay. Gary Hale, the center and captain, has once again been a force on defense, recording thirteen blocked shots in the Lions' three games, but a lot of it has to do with defensive rotations. The Lions have been quick to help out on double teams or to pressure the ball handler, but this strategy leaves other players open. The Lions have been able to rotate over and cover the open man, while the other defenders scramble back to cover the player the defender switched off.

It was this strategy which brought them victory in their last game against Kazamatsuri. Caleb Burns had just finished a drive to the basket with a beautiful layup, and the Lions led 69-67 with 16.1 seconds to go. Kazamatsuri got the ball down to their center in the low post, and Danny Flowers doubled down on him, leaving his man open. Dominic King rotated over to cover Flowers' man, forcing him to get rid of the ball. By that time, Flowers had rushed back to cover King's man and had a hand in the face of the shooting guard as he released his 21-footer. Flowers' pressure worked and the ball clanged off the back iron, allowing the Lions to hold on.

The Lions defeated the Royal Barangay 62-56 behind 18 points and 14 rebounds from Gary Hale to go with five blocks. Hale purged the memory of his injury-plagued IBC campaign with that excellent game in a rematch of the IBC Round of 24 series. Yttribia cruised past the Lions 73-57 on MD2, as the underdogs turned the ball over sixteen times and shot just 37% from the field. Nova Anglicana will face Vettrera next. The Wild Herd is coming off a 71-57 loss to Noburu Taiyou and previously trounced Kazamatsuri 93-71 and were soundly defeated by the Sarian, 93-76, for a 1-2 record. They are averaging a healthy 75 points, but have struggled a little on the defensive end, allowing 78 points per game. It promisises to be a good game, one in which the Lions will hopefully come out on top.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

New Wolfopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Wolfopolis » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:00 pm

This just in: New Wolfopolis lost to San Jose Guayabal. This puts them at 1-2 on the tournament. In other words, we suck.

IRC Bonus.
New Wolfopolis
Demonym: Wolfopian | Capital: Lupinia | Location: Esportiva | Trigramme: NWW | Population: 168,000,000
Proud member of the WA
new.wolfopolis@gmail.com
Champion: None
Second Place: Watterson Bowl I
Third Place: BoI XIV, IBS III, WHS I
Fourth Place: IWC
Host: WBC 30, IWC, Maple Leaf Bowl II, KWC III, NSCAA ACC
Co-Host: IBS III, IBS IV
Founder of World Hoops Showcase
Member of the WBC Council
Also, our sports teams are the Wolfpack, not the Wolves.
Super-Llamaland wrote:"But coach...that's so...that's so New Wolfopolis!"
"Yeah, New Wolfopolis is a good team."
"No, that's not what I meant! It's--organized!"

IRC
00:19:38 — SousChefTrib tenderly massages the Wolfie meat

Need a sports logo? Try Kaplewof!

Chrovan
Secretary

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrovan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Coach: Braeden Wil. An old star from the heyday of Chrovanian basketball and grainy television feeds, Braeden is without a doubt a bit of an anachronism. Nevertheless, his old strategies still have some pop to them, especially since they've passed so far out of vogue that these young'ns aren't even being taught how to counter them anymore. He runs a very loose game, with all of the starters being very versatile, and usually in a very aggressive scoring-intensive manner.
Style: +3.75

Starters:
Combo Guard: Alfie Goode, #12. 5'7". An all-around threat from the outside, Goode is usually the go-to man when the team needs to make up a lot of points quickly. Due to the team's general lack of height, offensive rebounds are few and far between, so Goode has groomed his three-point shot to pinpoint accuracy. He's the team's best straight stealer on defense, and his surprisingly good vertical (as well as great reflexes) has led to more than a few blocked jump shots.
Swingman: Hector Bennett, #23. 6'3". Bennett is the best all-around athlete on the team. He's quick, he's strong, and he can nail a clutch three when needed. He also has a tendency of making ridiculous plays on the outside paint, turning around plays gone wrong and practically pulling points from thin air.
Point Forward: Roosevelt Day, #13. 6'0". <Captain> The playcaller and passer. Day has worked closely with Coach Wil and knows every play inside and out, and knows how to get his teammates into position. Whenever he doesn't have a pass, he likes to charge in and either make use of his good short-range shot or draw the foul. He's the team's best from the free-throw line, having gone entire seasons without missing one.
Cornerman: Cedric Lee, #34. 6'4". The inside scorer. Lee is the primary source of points on the team, being able to score anywhere within the three-point line. He's also infamous for turning 'real' three-pointers, often being able to convince refs that he'd been fouled on a questionable play. Fans of his opponents like to call upon his degree from Chrovan's premier (and only) acting academy to accuse him of faking fouls, but I'm not going to complain if someone can make something productive of an acting degree.
Bigman: Paul Boone, #45. 6'6". Boone isn't the best shot. He knows this, Day knows this, the coach knows this. But there's a reason he still gets the start over dunk-happy Bryan; he does everything else magnificently. An phenomenal shot blocker, a good passer, and a great ball handler, he's a great support player and usually second behind Day for assists. If he ever brings the ball to the basket, it'll usually be on the slamming end of an alley-oop.

Bench:
6th Man: Rastus Franklyn, #6. 6'2". <Vice-Captain> Bennet's protegé, Franklyn is the second-best athlete on the team. He's always the first sub on and gets plenty of playing time, doing just about everything well, albeit not to Bennet's level (yet).
The Tall One: Spike Bryan, #5. 6'9". He likes to dunk. A lot. And that's about all he does.
Passer: Jepson North, #2. 5'8". If Day needs a break, North is pretty good for a step down. His playstyle is very different from both Day's and Wil's, but everyone on the team is flexible enough to work with that--and it really screws with the opponents when we switch strategies suddenly.
Shooter: Pete Watson, #1. 5'5". Essentially Goode without the defense. Often comes in for Lee during late-game rallies, when the other players have the defense on lockdown and threes are in demand.
Inside Man: Dayton Walton, #4. 5'9". Rarely used, he does Lee's job to a lesser extent.
The Backup: Lucian Darby, #3. 6'5". Basically just there in case there's a rash of injuries. A very middling player--can do just about everything, but not particularly well. A jack of all trades but master of none, if you will.

RP Permissions:
RP injuries to my players: Y, only out for the game
Godmod Injuries: N
Give out technical Fouls to my players: Y
Eject/Foul Out my players: Y

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

ValoriaSportz.vtr

Postby Vettrera » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:05 pm

TEN SECOND STORIES:
Vettrera currently sits near the bottom of their group in the CedP despite their amazing finish in the IBC, and overall talent. PUSH is considering only sending high schoolers to compete in later editions as a U18 of sorts, upset at the way the tournament is being run, even so, Vettrera should advance.

IRC Bonus.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports