NATION

PASSWORD

5-A-Side World Cup Interest Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Gloriax
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriax » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 am

Hello everyone, want some international 5-A-side (we'll use 5AS since we can't bother to type that much!) action? You're at the right place....

SCORINATOR: xkoranate (futsal event setting) to be used for all events.

HOSTS: Will be bidded out. (You know the drill.. ;) )

BASIC INFO: 5-A-Side Wikipedia Article

STADIUMS: Any handball pitch, a good enough street (with balconies on the nearby houses for galleries), or dedicated 5AS pitches can host a 5AS match, no sweat.

I know the OP is short, but any questions, feel free to ask 'em.

1). Jeckland
2). Itanpavia
3). Landpolis
4). San Jose Guayabal
5). Macquarrie
6). McKleigh
7). Celter (??)
8). Vankelland Islands
9). Menukten
10). Nouvel Ecosse (maybe through puppet)
11). Glaser
12). Kazamatsuri
13). The Sarian
14). Patistan
15). Northern Sunrise Islands
16). Nexxus Drako
17). Super-Llamaland
Last edited by Gloriax on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nation: Republic of Gloriax | Capital: Titania
President (Champion): Jesse Waters | Population: 1,700,000

Get your football kits from: Aer Sportswear (Storefront II)

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:26 am

I would be interested. You may get more signups if you plan to do this after the World Cup.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Itanpavia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Itanpavia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 am

I'd be up for this! c:
Last edited by Itanpavia on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier Giroud has no business having hair that good

Gloriax
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriax » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:29 am

It will definitely be after the World Cup, quite evidently. :)

Landpolis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Landpolis » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:30 am

Sounds interesting; count me in.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:32 am

Interesting but, did you have planned the method of qualifier and the ranking?
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Gloriax
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriax » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 am

San Jose Guayabal wrote:Interesting but, did you have planned the method of qualifier and the ranking?

This has got me thinking a bit, but I think I will use the KPB system (I am not quite sure how it works) but, yeah. It will be the KPB and as far as qualifiers are concerned, it will depend upon number of entries. Of we have smaller numbers, a direct WC will take place; and in the case that we have hundreds of entries (which is quite unlikely) we'll have full-fledged quals.

Hope I answered,
Gloriax

Macquarrie
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Macquarrie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Im up for this.

McKleigh
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby McKleigh » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Gloriax wrote:
San Jose Guayabal wrote:Interesting but, did you have planned the method of qualifier and the ranking?

This has got me thinking a bit, but I think I will use the KPB system (I am not quite sure how it works) but, yeah. It will be the KPB and as far as qualifiers are concerned, it will depend upon number of entries. Of we have smaller numbers, a direct WC will take place; and in the case that we have hundreds of entries (which is quite unlikely) we'll have full-fledged quals.

Hope I answered,
Gloriax

It's what we used to call "micro-futbol" or "micro". I'd be interested.

Some questions.

When you say a direct WC will take place do yu mean direct into a bracket/playoff? Or group play then into a bracket/playoff? If just a plyoff will it be double or single elimination? If group play first what size of groups, and will it be double round robin?

Also, KPB is actually fairly simple and spreadsheet could be created to reflect futsal specific rankings based on the KPB format. If you are not going to have a "Baptism of whatever" type of event or Cup of Harmony type event then you could maybe replace those by perhaps using the previous 5 futsal events as opposed to the 3 KPB uses for soccer, or something. Or just use the KPB as is but leave those fields blank.

So rankings for event 2 on will use past events to determine rankings I assume, how will rankings be determined for the very first event? Will they be used?
Pleez forgiv my spellin. I wint to govermint fundid skoo.

Senator Jefferson D. Stonewall
District 278, Ortsond
Member of Libertarian Party of Aurentina

Celter
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Celter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm

I would be extremely interested
Former rper of Kebec

This is a numbers puppet
REPUBLIC OF CELTER
| Trigamme: CLT | Capital: Gillmerbrook | Leader: Manas Bernard (M) |

Vankelland Islands
Secretary

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vankelland Islands » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 pm

The Vankelland Islands is interested. Telegram me more information!

Menukten
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Menukten » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Yes, yes!
We are a sad, sad people
The Community of Menukten, also known as The Land of the Rainbow
Sally Long-Fire, Chief Mourner
Home of Jesterball!
HWC 12 Rof16
WLC 18 Rof16
Firestorm Cup VII Silver- MC Yardley
Squonkwire

Nouvel Ecosse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvel Ecosse » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:39 pm

I'd be interested, but it may be done with a puppet.

New North Aqmuland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New North Aqmuland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:34 pm

I'd be in.
Call me NNA or David, whichever you prefer. I'm an 18 year old freshman at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, planning to major in international relations and minor in Spanish and math. I love music, math, sports, video games, and trivia.
The Democratic States of New North Aqmuland
Numquam mentiri, numquam amittere.
Capital: Anchoring
Population: 1,671,948,317
National Animal: Eagle
Colors: Blue and Gold
Factbook
Soccer: 3.66pts (143rd)
Football: 13.98 pts (14th)

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm interested.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Glaser
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Glaser » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:13 am

Interested. :)
True Barca fan
"Veni Vidi Vici"- I came, I saw, I conquered

National FactbookUnitarian UnionNational Football Team
-Current KPB ranking: 50
-Quarterfinals Baptism of Fire 54
-Qualified World Cup 68
Glaser's Statistics

Kazamatsuri
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazamatsuri » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:13 am

Well, I'm here.
The Scattered Isles of Kazamatsuri
Demonym Kazamatsuri-jin/Kazamatsurian | Capital Yuigahama | Trigram KZR | Population 7,293,721
'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant ...
it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.'
<Vettrera> You're scooping what I'm pooping
<Kinitaria> You're not here to tell us we're all destined to burn, so you're doing religion right
11:34:23 <+Val|WI> Felix should be dead by now
11:35:07 <Felix> But I am noooooot
11:35:20 — Yui-nyan|Kaza chainsaws Felix
11:35:24 <Yui-nyan|Kaza> You are nooooow

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:52 am

Semi-interested
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Gloriax
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriax » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 am

McKleigh wrote:
Gloriax wrote:This has got me thinking a bit, but I think I will use the KPB system (I am not quite sure how it works) but, yeah. It will be the KPB and as far as qualifiers are concerned, it will depend upon number of entries. Of we have smaller numbers, a direct WC will take place; and in the case that we have hundreds of entries (which is quite unlikely) we'll have full-fledged quals.

Hope I answered,
Gloriax

Some questions.

When you say a direct WC will take place do yu mean direct into a bracket/playoff? Or group play then into a bracket/playoff? If just a plyoff will it be double or single elimination? If group play first what size of groups, and will it be double round robin?

Also, KPB is actually fairly simple and spreadsheet could be created to reflect futsal specific rankings based on the KPB format. If you are not going to have a "Baptism of whatever" type of event or Cup of Harmony type event then you could maybe replace those by perhaps using the previous 5 futsal events as opposed to the 3 KPB uses for soccer, or something. Or just use the KPB as is but leave those fields blank.

So rankings for event 2 on will use past events to determine rankings I assume, how will rankings be determined for the very first event? Will they be used?

Well, frankly they're some questions that ought to be answered...

1). Direct WC: Well, as I said, it depends upon host discretion, and number of people signed up. Also, a "direct" WC here means that we'll have straight group-leagues and then move on to knockouts (the conventional type...) or any other format which the elected hosts desire to follow.

2). Rankings: A separate KPB-system ranking for 5AS will be used. We'll see if we can get someone to do that. The 1st 5AS WC will hve everybody unranked, and only the RP bonuses will be there to give advantage to a particular team. But, as in the NSWC KPB, the no. of WINS will matter, not the amount of RP.

3). Baptism of x: We'll see the number of signups, and we'll see. But, I think it is way too ahead to think of that, now.

4). Scorinator: Please note, futsal and 5AS are NOT the same thing. But, since Futsal is the closest sport to 5AS soccer, I have elected that to be the official scorinator.

Edit:
NOTE: I do not know if this will need a committee, but in that case, we'll have a nation (more like "5AS WC Committe") and the password will be shared with the elected people.

Hope I've answered some queries,
Gloriax
Last edited by Gloriax on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 am

Gloriax wrote:
McKleigh wrote:

Some questions.

1). Direct WC: Well, as I said, it depends upon host discretion, and number of people signed up. Also, a "direct" WC here means that we'll have straight group-leagues and then move on to knockouts (the conventional type...) or any other format which the elected hosts desire to follow.

2). Rankings: A separate KPB-system ranking for 5AS will be used. We'll see if we can get someone to do that. The 1st 5AS WC will hve everybody unranked, and only the RP bonuses will be there to give advantage to a particular team. But, as in the NSWC KPB, the no. of WINS will matter, not the amount of RP.

3). Baptism of x: We'll see the number of signups, and we'll see. But, I think it is way too ahead to think of that, now.

4). Scorinator: Please note, futsal and 5AS are NOT the same thing. But, since Futsal is the closest sport to 5AS soccer, I have elected that to be the official scorinator.

Edit:
NOTE: I do not know if this will need a committee, but in that case, we'll have a nation (more like "5AS WC Committe") and the password will be shared with the elected people.

Gloriax

Well, you answered a lot in a good way to do it, This needs a committee to bring more organization and confidence to future participants, a ranking would be good and we should let the time advance to see the interest.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

McKleigh
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby McKleigh » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:27 am

San Jose Guayabal wrote:
Gloriax wrote:

Edit:

Gloriax

Well, you answered a lot in a good way to do it, This needs a committee to bring more organization and confidence to future participants, a ranking would be good and we should let the time advance to see the interest.

Yes, great answers. This is coming together well I think. A committee is a great idea.
Pleez forgiv my spellin. I wint to govermint fundid skoo.

Senator Jefferson D. Stonewall
District 278, Ortsond
Member of Libertarian Party of Aurentina

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boring Paradise » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:11 am

Gloriax wrote:

Hope I answered,
Gloriax

So are you intended to do a KPB Ranking like the one in the World Cup, if so then I am open to do the rankings.
The Paradisian Empire contains the Center, Boring Paradise, and the loyal countries that have sworn allegiance.

Best Places
U-15 World Cup 7 Runners-Up
WWISC 2 Runners Up
U-15 Chamionship (3rd Place)
Friendly Cup X (3rd Place)
Hosted
Internation FireStorm Cup II,III
Friendly Cup X

5AS WC Committee
Civilian

Founded: Apr 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby 5AS WC Committee » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:07 am

Here it is! Gloriax posting...

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 pm

5AS WC Committee wrote:Here it is! Gloriax posting...

Is a committee really necessary at this point? It seems to me that it isn't, and you can do just fine if you use your main account.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Rotoshave
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotoshave » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:11 pm

So... this is 5x5 outdoor soccer, right, not futsal?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports