NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva VII Sign-ups (CLOSED)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Levivana 2
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Levivana 2 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:07 pm

I REGISTRED why am I not in

Earo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:10 pm

In.

Earo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Levivana 2 wrote:I REGISTRED why am I not in

See this post.

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Levivana 2 wrote:I REGISTRED why am I not in

Apox haven't updated the signup list. Wait for it dude.

His second nation is already in Esportiva when the signup thread was created.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Dandillis
Attaché

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dandillis » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:16 pm

We're in for like the fifth time.

Slembanana
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slembanana » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 pm

CE V hosts wish to enter, now being unable to do worse than our neighbours the Slembanans.

Royal East America
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Royal East America » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm in for the fourth time!
RP name is Kingdom of Eastern America.
RP nationality name is East American.

Puppet of Lymantatia.

Territory: All of Northeast US, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, both Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana (land above Mississippi river), Florida

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Bid to Host the Seventh Campionato Esportiva - The Licentian Islands:

Who are you ??

Well, most of you should know me already. If not, I'm the user behind the Licentian Islands, normally known as Licen in out of character conversations.

Why are you doing this ??

Because I love hosting tournaments, as strange as that sounds, I think that the regional tournament is very important to us all, and because I've got a little twist under my sleeve that I think I should use.

Yeah, what is this twist that you've been rambling on about ??

Ever heard of the Casaran system ??

For those of you who have, well done. For those of you who haven't, it is a system where all teams are put into a pool for a set amount of matches. The teams play randomly drawn games to open the tournament, then, after the first match, the teams are ranked on their performance, and are matched against a team close to them in the standings. The basic idea is that an RPer is supposed to perform better than a non-RPer, so RPers will be more likely to have matches against each other in the Casaran stage. After the first stage, a set amount of teams advance to a normal single elimination knockout round.

Sounds like a lot of work, and a lot of waiting for us to see results and fixtures. How will you sort all that out ??

I will be using a scorinator, PowerScore, created by Legalese for the purpose of scorinating a Casaran system tournament. It does all the work for me at the click of a button, aside of checks to ensure that no teams are playing each other twice, which should take five minutes at most to check and replace the impermissables.

The scorinator is proven to work, as it was used to scorinate the recent fifty-second Baptism of Fire by Legalese and Kinitaria.

That all sounds fine, but why should we choose you over that mad Commune geezer ??

I believe that I am the person to host the Campionato because I have quite a lot of hosting experience, and experience of NS Sports. I have now been involved in Nationstates for over eighteen months, and have been involved in NS Sports for around a year of that. I have hosted many prestigious tournaments, including:

4th Quidditch World Cup
2nd Campionato Esportiva (with Cyborg Holland)
Campionato di Atletica Esportiva
49th Baptism of Fire (with Aguazul)
56th Cup of Harmony (with Apox)
Sixteenth World Lacrosse Chanpionships

I have also hosted many seasons of leagues in different sports, so I know my way around a scorinator.

How many people would you be able to accomodate in the tournament ??

One of the bonuses of a Casaran system is that I will be able to allow any number of teams in, so long as it is an even number. I would prefer to include over exclude, but, if necessary, I will exclude the last puppet to sign up.

How will you rate RPs ??

I will rate RPs on a scale of zero to three, with zero meaning no RP, and three meaning very good RP. I will base my ratings on quality of RP, although length will matter in the sense that, although you don't have to write War and Peace, you won't be able to gain the top ratings with two sentences of RP, even if they are absolutely fantastic.

I think I'm starting to like this bid, but what should I do if I have any questions regarding the bid ??

You can post questions in this thread, send them to me by telegram, or find me on IRC (I'm there most evenings).
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:11 am

Sign-ups have been updated and this is confirming that the deadline for host bids will be on Sunday 21st July at 12:00 BST (early because I won't be able to collect votes from Thursdays onwards).
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Apox
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:07 am

Hokay everyone, the host bidding is now CLOSED, so therefore it is time to vote!

You have four options:
1: The Glorious Commune
2: The Licentian Islands
3: Abstain
4: Re-open host bidding

Please send TG's to Old Guard by 12:00 on Wednesday 24th July BST when voting will close. There is only one vote per user for those who have entered puppets, and bidding parties may not vote for their own bid.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Mystaria
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystaria » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:39 am

Mystaria signs up if it's not to late.

Old Guard
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Guard » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:20 am

Voting results are in!

The Glorious Commune - 4 votes
The Licentian Isles - 2 votes
Abstain - 2 votes
Re-open host bids - 0 votes

It therefore gives me great pleasure to announce The Glorious Commune at the hosts of the 7th Campionato Esportiva! Commiserations to The Licentian Isles, I know either potential hosts would have made fantastic hosts! This thread is now turned over to The Commune's whims.
Puppet of & county within Apox

Commune-PDTv2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Commune-PDTv2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:55 am

Old Guard wrote:This thread is now turned over to The Commune's whims.

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .....

On a serious note, An IC thread will be up this weekend along with a schedule. Maybe tomorrow or Friday, though I'm kinda busy those days ...

Signs-ups will remain open for now.

As it stands, I'll using 3 groups of 9 with top 2 plus 2 highest scoring 3rd placers advancing to the QFs. Providing Mystaria are elligible?
Last edited by Commune-PDTv2 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dandillis
Attaché

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dandillis » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Commune-PDTv2 wrote:As it stands, I'll using 3 groups of 9 with top 2 plus 2 highest scoring 3rd placers advancing to the QFs. Providing Mystaria are elligible?

If you'd like anyone's opinion on that, I'd very much rather you just wait for three other sign-ups. No matter how much time.

Apox
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Dandillis wrote:
Commune-PDTv2 wrote:As it stands, I'll using 3 groups of 9 with top 2 plus 2 highest scoring 3rd placers advancing to the QFs. Providing Mystaria are elligible?

If you'd like anyone's opinion on that, I'd very much rather you just wait for three other sign-ups. No matter how much time.

Para on this point, I'd agree with Farf on that, as both of us being past hosts of the CE, it's RP levels are pretty low as it is, if you have a 9 Matchday group stage, most people will have given up/been completely shattered RPwise by that point. I'd agree with Farf and say it would be best to wait for 1 or 3 or 5 more sign-ups, you'll still have some interesting combinations from there.

Though it should also be mentioned that I TG'ed 13 past participants to point them in the direction of the thread but none of them have signed-up yet.

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Apox wrote:
Dandillis wrote:

Para on this point, I'd agree with Farf on that, as both of us being past hosts of the CE, it's RP levels are pretty low as it is, if you have a 9 Matchday group stage, most people will have given up/been completely shattered RPwise by that point. I'd agree with Farf and say it would be best to wait for 1 or 3 or 5 more sign-ups, you'll still have some interesting combinations from there.

Though it should also be mentioned that I TG'ed 13 past participants to point them in the direction of the thread but none of them have signed-up yet.

I'd be welcome to add in Urbis Tractus for numbers' sake, if people can look past the fact that it wasn't here at the beginning of the signup period.
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Same thing with Ati Kaluraya.

But then, another roadblock--i presumed that first time participants cannot send a puppet so... :roll:
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Apox wrote:
Dandillis wrote:If you'd like anyone's opinion on that, I'd very much rather you just wait for three other sign-ups. No matter how much time.

To be honest, I'm not keen on the idea of groups of nine. I just don't like uneven groups.

28 I'd do as 4 groups of 7 ... Probably do 3 consecutive MDs, day off, the final 3 MDs, day off, top two of each group advance to the knockouts

29 is not pretty but do-able. 4 groups of 6 and a group of 5. All group winners progress and the runners-up in the groups of 6 play a playoff round.

30 would be 5 groups of 6 ... Winners and highest placed 2nd advance and the other runners-up play a playoff round. Again, 3 MDs, day off, 2 MDs then playoff, day off, knockouts

I think, having mulled over this whilst typing it, that 28 or 30 would be my favoured options.
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Tasrailia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasrailia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm sorry but I am out of this competition ....... for now

Apox
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:10 am

With the removal of Tasrailia and the emergency additions of Urbis Tractus and Ati Kaluraya, we now have 28 sign-ups

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 am

Okay, well that's settled it then.

Sign-ups Closed

Apox, if you'd do the honours of making that known in the thread title. Let's get this show on the road.
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports