NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the VIII Olympiad – OOC thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:26 am

Yep. Looks like my headers have caused problems again, this time in the fencing. I have no entrants showing in the Men's Individual Sabre (which I have now noticed in my signup is missing the word "individual"; I would wager all six individual fencing events will be affected.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:26 am

Liventia wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:My keyboard only has one apostrophe. Evidently my iphone which I'm on now has both, but my laptop doesn't.

Also, my shooters on Day 2 were entered just fine even though I used that apostrophe so clearly it's not my fault.

Your shooters on Day 2 were picked up because I searched for "SHOOTING" rather than the event name, as it was the first event on the list anyway. Might I suggest trying to annoy the host is not the best thing to do.

Fair enough. My apologies. It's been a long day for me today and I just snapped. It was uncalled for. Thanks for entering the other two and the rest of the delegation.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 am

Just out of curiosity, if the only athletes you initially found were the two shooters, why was I allowed to compete in the first place? My average skill would be way too high.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:35 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Just out of curiosity, if the only athletes you initially found were the two shooters, why was I allowed to compete in the first place? My average skill would be way too high.

I calculate signup totals separately from creating individual event signup lists. The method I used for signup totals ignored all event names and were based on semicolon-delimited entries.
Слава Україні!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:37 am

Liventia wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Just out of curiosity, if the only athletes you initially found were the two shooters, why was I allowed to compete in the first place? My average skill would be way too high.

I calculate signup totals separately from creating individual event signup lists. The method I used for signup totals ignored all event names and were based on semicolon-delimited entries.

Fair enough. That makes sense. By the way, is it fair game to RP an explanation for why my judoka didn't compete since I said in a previous RP he would (blame it on a clerical error or something)?
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Liventia wrote:I calculate signup totals separately from creating individual event signup lists. The method I used for signup totals ignored all event names and were based on semicolon-delimited entries.

Fair enough. That makes sense. By the way, is it fair game to RP an explanation for why my judoka didn't compete since I said in a previous RP he would (blame it on a clerical error or something)?

Yep, completely so. You're free to RP it as an error on the organising committee's end or your end, I don't mind, as long as it's clear OOCly that there's no way I would've picked up on it unfortunately unless I'd used a more time-intensive method of signup collating.
Last edited by Liventia on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:41 am

Krytenia wrote:Yep. Looks like my headers have caused problems again, this time in the fencing. I have no entrants showing in the Men's Individual Sabre (which I have now noticed in my signup is missing the word "individual"; I would wager all six individual fencing events will be affected.

Fixed all your other fencers; as discussed on IRC your missing fencers' additional points have been reallocated elsewhere.
Слава Україні!

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Ummm. What happened to my fencers? I thought I entered in that event?

Some Village
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Some Village » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Vulshain wrote:Ummm. What happened to my fencers? I thought I entered in that event?

I'm sure Liventia can answer more exactly, but after taking a quick look, it seems you made a mistake against:

Liventia wrote:Do NOT change the name of any of the events. If it says "Women’s 100 m Freestyle" do not change it to "Women's 100m Freestyle". When I create entry lists I use the find function, and if you change the name of the event I will NOT find your entry. I will not be held at fault if I miss any entries in this manner.

Your fencing events did not have the term "individual" in their sign-up anymore. Judging by what happened with Gregoryisgodistans entries, I'm afraid they can't be brought in again for today's event. Maybe something is possible for the other days if you ask Liventia.

Disclaimer: I'm not Liventia, so this is not a definitive answer.
Cycling: host of the Island Tours & the WToC
Rugby: participant in the AVRU & host RWC XXI
Swamp Soccer: fourth place in the last World Championship
Korfball: victor of the World Korfball Classic III, second of the WKC IV (KPB: 2th)
Olympics: medals: four. Not too bad for a micronation.

Member of Astyria
Confirmed Puppet: Buyan
Population: 254

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Some Village wrote:
Vulshain wrote:Ummm. What happened to my fencers? I thought I entered in that event?

I'm sure Liventia can answer more exactly, but after taking a quick look, it seems you made a mistake against:

Liventia wrote:Do NOT change the name of any of the events. If it says "Women’s 100 m Freestyle" do not change it to "Women's 100m Freestyle". When I create entry lists I use the find function, and if you change the name of the event I will NOT find your entry. I will not be held at fault if I miss any entries in this manner.

Your fencing events did not have the term "individual" in their sign-up anymore. Judging by what happened with Gregoryisgodistans entries, I'm afraid they can't be brought in again for today's event. Maybe something is possible for the other days if you ask Liventia.

Ah okay. I didn't see that part. Thank you for pointing it to me.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Vulshain wrote:
Some Village wrote:

I made exactly the same mistake, so you're not alone.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Krytenia wrote:
Vulshain wrote:

I made exactly the same mistake, so you're not alone.

Okay. Yeah, I must have left that part out when I was writing up my entry. I copied and pasted a lot of stuff, so I probably made a mistake somewhere.

Kingdom of Costa Luna
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Costa Luna » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Could a bracket for the Tennis - Singles tournaments (both male and female) be posted for RP purposes?
International Baseball Slam I

Summer
Gold: 0
Silver: 1
Bronze: 0

Winter
Gold: 0
Silver: 0
Bronze: 0

Note: As of September 2nd, 2014, Kingdom of Costa Luna is no longer considered to be nicknamed "Costa Luna." The real Costa Luna is a protected by the Kingdom of Costa Luna, but a separate nation in competition.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Kingdom of Costa Luna wrote:Could a bracket for the Tennis - Singles tournaments (both male and female) be posted for RP purposes?

They go top to bottom once the athletes with byes are entered in the second round.

Vulshain, same as with Krytenia, I'll get the rest of your fencers in but those who missed out today have missed out.
Last edited by Liventia on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Liventia wrote:
Kingdom of Costa Luna wrote:Could a bracket for the Tennis - Singles tournaments (both male and female) be posted for RP purposes?

They go top to bottom once the athletes with byes are entered in the second round.

Vulshain, same as with Krytenia, I'll get the rest of your fencers in but those who missed out today have missed out.

It's cool and thank you. Sorry about the mistake.

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:49 am

Drat, a day of three near misses for medals.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 am

What happened to my female gymnasts? I mean I know that I titled the event right.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:13 am

Vulshain wrote:What happened to my female gymnasts? I mean I know that I titled the event right.

You titled them simply "Women"; the event name was "Women’s Individual All-Around". I'm guessing you copied and pasted your signup from the last Olympics. I'll fit them in since gymnastics isn't too difficult to accommodate such an incident.

If there are any more events you think are affected, please raise them now. I will not be so accommodating after this. I can't keep going back and rescorinating events for missed people when the signup instructions were clear.
Last edited by Liventia on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!

Saugeais
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 am

Liventia wrote:
Vulshain wrote:What happened to my female gymnasts? I mean I know that I titled the event right.

You titled them simply "Women"; the event name was "Women’s Individual All-Around". I'm guessing you copied and pasted your signup from the last Olympics. I'll fit them in since gymnastics isn't too difficult to accommodate such an incident.

:palm: I probably did the same thing too by mistake, as none of my female gymnasts were included.
Last edited by Saugeais on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:17 am

Right, I'm making this clear now. Everyone who thinks they have made an error in their signup with event names, make it known by the next scorination. After that, I will not accommodate after-the-fact additions.
Слава Україні!

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:17 am

Liventia wrote:

If there are any more events you think are affected, please raise them now. I will not be so accommodating after this. I can't keep going back and rescorinating events for missed people when the signup instructions were clear.

Thank you. I'll look at my entry as soon as I can. I appreciate you doing this and I apologize for the trouble.

Saugeais
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:18 am

Liventia wrote:Right, I'm making this clear now. Everyone who thinks they have made an error in their signup with event names, make it known by the next scorination. After that, I will not accommodate after-the-fact additions.

I think I can see why you missed it: I had the designation ARTISTIC, with Men's and Women's rosters underneath. Same with TRAMPOLINE underneath that, if you hadn't included that in. Sorry for the bad naming convention.
Last edited by Saugeais on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:27 am

Vulshain's and Saugeais' women's gymnasts have now been added.
Слава Україні!

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:34 am

Did a quick glance at my entry. Seems like I got a lot of bad naming errors.

Some Village
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Some Village » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:42 am

A minor question upon boxing. Do the boxers compete in the next round in the order as they are scorinated now (b.e. guys from the first two lines against eachother, then the guys from line three and four, ...) or is it randomized?
Cycling: host of the Island Tours & the WToC
Rugby: participant in the AVRU & host RWC XXI
Swamp Soccer: fourth place in the last World Championship
Korfball: victor of the World Korfball Classic III, second of the WKC IV (KPB: 2th)
Olympics: medals: four. Not too bad for a micronation.

Member of Astyria
Confirmed Puppet: Buyan
Population: 254

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports