NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis of Infinite Mirth (RP for WC65, OOC planning)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Crisis of Infinite Mirth (RP for WC65, OOC planning)

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 am

This is an OOC thread for setting up the multi-player superhero-based RP — for during WC#65 — that I’ve already mentioned in the WCDT.

One of my other puppets, Amberrica, is home to a lot of superheroes (and supervillains too, of course) and an incident of some kind is going to scatter small groups of these around the Multiverse… which, "purely by coincidence", will — if enough of you are interested — drop most if not all of those groups into footballing nations during the WC65 cycle. You’ll be able to select a team of 2-4 characters from amongst those whom I’ll be listing shortly and run them through one or more adventures in your own nation (without killing or seriously injuring any of them, unless you get my agreement to that in advance, of course)… but you’ll have to provide a scenario that I can use to RP one of the “rescue parties” that are going to be sent out visiting [your nation]/[one of your nations] too. If you’ve got more than one nation involved then you’ll probably still be able to have only one set of visiting heroes, although they could travel between your nations if you want, unless only a few of you are interested.
The main team of heroes involved is the Justice Force of Amberrica, which was originally active 1940-’51, was revived in 1960, and is still going strong as of 1978 1980 which is their home Reality’s “present day”. There will be characters available for this storyline both from 1942 (think JSA & All-Star Squadron, basically) and 1978 1980 (basically the surviving members of the JSA, plus the JLA in its pre-’Detroit Era’ incarnation, plus — although this would be a few years early by RL publishing history — the founding members of Infinity Inc. as well), and each group of visitors will include at least one character from each of those eras: Characters who were active in both eras can only appear in one version during these events if they were already adults in ’43, but some of those who were ‘kid sidekicks’ in that period could possibly appear both in that form and as their 1978 1980 adult forms (although not with both versions in the same group of visitors, I think…) too: the original Hrraven both as “the Boarlet Wonder” and in his later identity as NightPaw, for example. I’m potentially open to the idea of adding a few characters who don’t quite fit into that pattern too, if you can come up with good ideas about why they’re involved, but probably only ones from other ‘DC’ comics unless you come up with really good stories: You could always write version of those other characters into your own nations’ storylines and have them interact with the visitors in that way, of course.
Oh, and of course — in case you hadn’t already guessed — just about all of the Amberrican characters are Ursines…I’ve changed some of the names accordingly, or for other reasons, and made some alterations to backgrounds &/or powers — mainly to help differentiate characters from the two eras — too. Oh, and I’m also changing some of the costumes into more Ursine-friendly styles: Baggier leggings rather than tights, for example… and definitely no fishnets, not even on the female characters whose human counterparts wear those.
;)

Guidelines
A group of visiting characters will consist of 2-4 individuals, at least one of whom is from 1942 and at least one of whom is from 1978 1980. Older & newer versions of the same character can not appear together, but pairs of differing people who used the same code-name & role in the different eras can. No group may include counterparts to more than one of Superman, Dr Fate, Wonder Woman, or Captain Marvel. For one reason or another, which in some cases might be because I already plan to use them in the “rescue mission” parties that I myself RP, counterparts to the following characters are definitely not available for you: the Spectre, the original Mr Terrific, the original Black Canary, Sargon the Sorcerer, the version of Green Lantern whose secret ID was Hal Jordan, Captain Atom, Firestorm, Swamp Thing, and all members of the ‘Marvel Family’ other than Captain Marvel himself… Also, the OwlBear (counterpart to the Batman, of course) only has a 1942 version: He gets killed in action a year or three before the 1978 events, basically like his counterpart on DC’s [pre-CoIE) ‘Earth-2’…
You can ask me to include up to one supervillain in the group that visits your nation, working (however reluctantly) with the heroes until they can all get back home, as long as they are: (a) reasonably sane (so no Joker, for example, or Bizarro…); (b) aren’t powerful enough to overshadow the hero[es] with whom they’re travelling; and (c) are accompanying at least one hero from the same era &/or — if they themselves are from 1942 — the 1978 1980 version of one of their own most usual opponents.
In the case of multiple requests for the same character[s], I’ll decide who gets them based on a combination of what I know about people’s RPing histories here and whatever you tell me in the request about your plans fro them. Bonus points for showing knowledge about the older characters as well as the newer ones.
Any requests for visits should be made by TG to Amberrica… and should also be mentioned here (although maybeso without details), too, so that if the nation’s inbox actually gets filled up then I’ll know whose message[s] I missed and can contact them about that. Remember, getting in your requests earlier than other people might help but getting your requests “right” could be a more important factor.

Heroes entering this storyline from the year 1942 will almost certainly have no previous experience of visiting other Realities, the sole exceptions being [perhaps] one or two of the more ‘magical’ heroes… and even those have “only” visited strange ‘Dimensions’ rather than alternative versions of the Earth. Some of the heroes entering this storyline from the year 1980 have visited alternative Earths before this, especially to work with the 'Justice Team of Ambberrica' (of 'Urrth-B'), but not worlds with Human inhabitants. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if any of the heroes responded to their first sight of humans (or elves, or dwarves…) by thinking — and perhaps even saying — something about “furless Apes”.

Firstly, here’s a list of the heroes who should definitely be available for inclusion in the groups visiting other people’s nations. I’ve given the names of the DC counterparts as well for those of them who have these, but if you know enough about DC’s characters (and/or are willing to do a bit of research…) then I think that most of equivalences should be reasonably obvious anyway even though DC’s counterparts for some of the “1978 1980” characters listed here didn’t actually appear in the RL-published comics until after that date…
I have added a few new characters (and even one or two from Marvel, instead]!) as well: The ones whose counterparts’ exploits weren’t published by DC (for at least some parts of their careers)) have their names marked with asterisks. I’ll explain exactly who’s who, in any cases where you want help, later on.

Available from both 1942 and 1978 1980, in different roles
Hrraven (I), “the Boarlet Wonder”/ Darkwing ((Robin (I) [Dick Grayson of the pre-CpIE 'Earth-2] )/(an 'Earth-2' version of Nightwing)
Gritty, the Golden Cub / Grritt (Sandy, the Golden Boy/Sand)

Available from 1942 or 1978 1980, later versions stronger
Superbear (Superman)
Captain Wondurr (Captain Marvel [of the “main” Earth])
Quirksilver ([Quality’s ‘Golden Age’] Quicksilver [later renamed by DC as Max Mercury])
the Acorn-Spangled Cub (Star-Spangled Kid (I))

Available from 1942 or 1978 1980, later versions not noticeably weakened by age
Splendurr Shebear (I) (Wonder Woman (I/II))
AkwaBear/Akwatikus (Aquaman)
Dr Fatt (Dr Fate (I))
Rubber-Bear (Plastic Man)
Yonno Thundurr (and his Thundurrbolt) (Johnny Thunder (& his Thunderbolt))
the Green Star (Green Lantern (Alan Scott))
Uncle Serm (Uncle Sam) (but will only appear only in one counterpart or another of the USA)

Available from 1942 or 1978 1980, later versions weakened slightly
(JFA members)
HawkBear (Hawkman (I) (Carter Hall))
Hawk-Shebear (Hawkgirl(I) {Shiera Saunders))
the SandBear (the Sandman (I) (Wesley Sanderson))
the Hour-Bear (Hourman (I) (Rex Tyler))
Dr Dark-nite (Dr Mid-nite (I) (Charles McNider))
the Arrom (the Atom (I) (Al Pratt))
the Swash (the Flash (I) (Jay Garrick))
Wild-Katt (Wildcat (I)) (only joins JFA after 1942)
(others)
Yonno Swift (Johnny Quick)
Libearty Bearlle (Liberty Belle (I))
Major Mettle (Commander Steel)
Bar’y (Stripesey)

Available only from 1942
(JFA members)
the OwlBear (the Batman (I))
StarBear (I) (Starman (I) (Ted Knight))
Miss Amberrica (Miss America(I) (Joan Dale))
Solar Bear*
Mr Amberrica (I) (Mr America (I))
Red Tarnation (I) (Red Tornado (I)) (honourary member; not really useable unless you really know about the DC character)
(Seven Warriors of Winning)
Green Quarrell (I) (Green Arrow (I/II))
the WatchBear (I) (Vigilante (I))
Scarlet Avenger (II) (Crimson Avenger (I))
Wang (Wing)
(others)
Bronze Beetle (I)* (Blue Beetle (I) ([policeman] Dan Garrett)
BearHunter (I) (Manhunter (I) (Paul Kirk))
BearHunter (I) (Manhunter (II) (Dan Richards))
Amazing-Bear (Amazing-Man (I))
RobotBear (I) (Robotman (I))
Fattarno the Magician (Zatara the Magician)
Furrbrand (II) (Firebrand (II))
Arrna Forrtune (Anna Fortune)

(and also most other ‘Justice BearTalon’ (All-Star Squadron) members who aren’t specifically named here yet… but not the ones who formed the ‘Furrdom Fighters’ (Freedom Fighters), because this incident is when those get "banished" to Urrth-Z, nor the members of the ‘Young Justice Squad’ 'Young All-Stars’ because trying to fill the gaps left by characters absent due to this incident is basically how those become publicly known in the first place...)

Available only from 1978 1980
(JFA members)
The Aresian Avengurr (The Martian Manhunter)
Red Tarnation (II) (Red Tornado (II))
Splendurr Shebear (II) (Wonder Girl (I)) (Donna Troy))
the Elastic Bear (the Elongated Man)
Eagle-Bear (Hawkman (Katar Hol))
Eagle-Shebear Hawkwoman (Shayera Hol)
Star Emerald (Yonnh Stewart) (Green Lantern (John Stewart)) (nationality switched to British)
Star Emerald (Kattma Shie) (Green Lantern (Katma Tui)
the Blue Swash (Flash (II) (Barry Allen))
Goldstreak (Flash (III) (Wally West))
the Puh (Atom (II) (Ray Palmer))
Fattarra the Magician (Zatanna the Magician)
the Bear-Huntress (the Huntress (Helena Wayne))
Power-Shebear (Power Girl)
Mr Berriffic (II) (Mr Terriffic (II) (Michael Holt))
StarBear (II) (Starman (IV) (Will Payton))
SuperBoar* (son of SuperBear)
Growing-Bear*
Mettle (Yonnh Ennerri Yrrons) (Steel (John Henry Irons)
Starfurr (Kin’amn) (Starfire))
Cybearrgh (Cyborg)
(The New Toyrans) (counterparts to the ‘New [Teen] Titans’)
Super-Sowlet * (similar to Supergirl, but as a daughter of SuperBear)
Super-Bearlet [color](Superboy (IV) [ 'Connor Kent'])[/color]
Splendurr-Sowlet (II) (Wonder Girl (III) (Cassandra Sandsmark))
Rrred Hrraven (Robin (IV) (Tim Drake))
Kid Swash (II) (Kid Flash (II) (Bart Allen))
Sybearlh (Lilith)
(Toyrans reservists)
Nightpaw (Nightwing)
Herrald (Mal, alias Vox, alias the Herald)
GloryBee (Bumblebee)
Fire-Wing (II) (Flamebird (Betty Kane))
Hare (Hawk (I))
Rabbit (II) (Dove (II))
Arrgent (Argent)
SilverFyre *
Kub Devil (Kid Devil) (without the supernatual transformation)
(Toyran Tryers) (Young heroes being trained by the New Toyrans)
Glimmer*
Bronze Beetle (IV) (Blue Beetle (IV) (Jaime Reyes))
Sidestep
Fakk'hrro Fattarno (Zachary Zatara)
Little Barrdhra (Little Barda)
(The Besiders)
BlackBear Lightning (Black Lightning))
Gee-Power (Geo-Force))
Bokken (Katana))
Aurra (Halo))
Black-Owl (Blackwing) (pre-CoIE E2 character)
Vampy (Looker)
the Knuclear Knight (the Atomic Knight)
WindChill (Windfall)
Faurst ([Sebastian] Faust)
Element-Shebear (Element Woman) (as introduced in ‘Flashpoint’)
(Furrdom Fighters)
Blue Kondorr (Black Condor (I))
Doll-Bear (Doll-Man)
Phantom Shee (Phantom Lady (I))
The Rrray (The Ray (I))
The Ursine Bomb (The Human Bomb)
Rubber-Bear Junior *
(others)
Brainstorm Juniurr (Brainwave [Junior])
Silver SunBeetle (Silver Scarab)
Furrie (II) (Fury (II))
Verdant (Jade)
Shadowglass (Obsidian)
Barryon (Nuklon)
Southwing (Northwing)
Mr Amberrica (III)*
Super-Shebear (Green)*
Super-Shebear (Gold)*
BearHunter (Manhunter (Mark Shaw))
Ragbear (Ragman)
Karate Kub Barryon (Karate Kid) (visiting from the 30th century’s ‘Alliance of Super-Heroes’]
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu May 30, 2013 10:46 am, edited 29 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Wight
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:53 am

I'll register my definite interest in taking part, BA, as I do enjoy a spot of collaboration. I'll admit that I will need to do my research as I'm not entirely up on DC, so I'm plucking names that I find interesting here, and will send a scenario via TG over the weekend. I'd like a party of three, please, being:

Fattarno the Magician
Mettle (Yonnh Ennerri Yrrons)
Glimmer
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:11 am

Wight wrote:I'll register my definite interest in taking part, BA, as I do enjoy a spot of collaboration. I'll admit that I will need to do my research as I'm not entirely up on DC, so I'm plucking names that I find interesting here, and will send a scenario via TG over the weekend. I'd like a party of three, please, being:

Fattarno the Magician
Mettle (Yonnh Ennerri Yrrons)
Glimmer

Your participation is welcome, and I'll provisionally reserve that trio of characters for you. They're actually an interesting combination, and could work well. For your reference_

Fattarno
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zatara
(In this timeline I’m not sure about the character sharing the DC version’s history with the Phantom Stranger or Madame Xanadu, because neither of them definitely has a counterpart in this setting yet…and as this version of the character comes from 1943 a lot of the other history given on that page hasn’t happened yet, either: He’s active as a magic-using crime-fighter, and with the OwlBear having begun his career back in the late 1930s (unlike DC’s current version of the Batman) Fattarno would already have taught [the Bruce Wayne equivalent] the escapology by now — at quite an early stage in his own career — but that’s about it. He hasn’t yet met his future wife.

Mettle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_(John_Henry_Irons)
(Only the first section of the character’s DC-published history applies, so far, and Superbear [who has since returned] wasn’t really dead.)

Glimmer
(A teenage female Ursine, whose details I haven’t yet worked out. Powers based on invisibility and perhaps intangibility. She’s really still in training. Mettle has niece of about the same age, whose legal guardian he is, so is likely to be even more protective towards her than would be the case because of his general decency anyway.)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Wight
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 am

Bears Armed wrote:Glimmer
(A teenage female Ursine, whose details I haven’t yet worked out. Powers based on invisibility and perhaps intangibility. She’s really still in training. Mettle has niece of about the same age, whose legal guardian he is, so is likely to be even more protective towards her than would be the case because of his general decency anyway.)

Great, thanks for the additionals. When I quickly googled 'Glimmer DC' I got a hit on Shimmer... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimmer_(comics)
BECAUSE REASONS

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:54 am

Wight wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Glimmer

Great, thanks for the additionals. When I quickly googled 'Glimmer DC' I got a hit on Shimmer... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimmer_(comics)

Nope, that's not her. I did mark the name with an asterisk in the original list, meaning "not a DC character", didn't I?
*<checks>*
Ayyuh, I did.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wight
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 am

Ok no problem I'll await your instructions on her!
BECAUSE REASONS

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Amberrica

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 am

Urrth-A: Introduction

In terms of astronomical location, it’s an ‘Earth’.
In terms of basic physical geography it differs only slightly from our own world. An extra island here and there, a sunken Atlantis-counterpart somewhere in the Atlantic (I think under part of what we might call the Bermuda Triangle), and so on.

In terms of ecosystems, before taking sapient peoples’ effects into account, basically not that different from our own world either.

Those peoples, however, are mostly Ursine. There are no Humans at all, but Apes of various kinds dominate most of sub-Saharan Africa and [I think] probably parts of south-eastern Asia. The natives in South America are Ursine in the west, along the Andes and the coast, but from a Raccoon-like stock instead in the forests to the east of these: The native range of the latter people also extends northwards into parts of Central America. Southern Asia, south-eastern Asia, & central Asia have not only Bears (of several different kinds) but Tigers too. Also, some of the ancient civilisations might (although I haven’t yet decided for certain…) have belonged to a species of Jackal ancestry. A few other species too, localised, I’m still considering but wouldn’t yet rule out altogether. (Australia: aboriginal Kangaroos? Multiple species?)
(Extraterrestrials in this Reality also tend to be Ursinoid rather than humanoid.)

History, similar to that of our own Reality — allowing for the different species — but not identical: For example, there was no major European colonisation of sub-Saharan Africa. Also, because of Ursine nature, there was never any large-scale slavery. Its “present day” is in 1978.

First Weird War (1914-’18) : Vermany and the Habsbeargh Empire were both run by aristocracies whose members were mostly the Ursine equivalents of vampires or werewolves, which made them even more territory-concerned than Ursines in general tend to be. They took advantage of an offence against the Habsbearghs (namely the staking of ArchDuke Hrranz-Berdinand by a Serrbian terrorist) to start a war of expansion, which they lost. One result of that conflict was that Urrsia, to their east, changed from a so-so empire into a society dominated by the principle of might-makes-right and a warrior culture. After the war Vermany eventually drifted into a form of communism, as far from their old ways as possible, under the leadership of the RATZI Party… and then tried to spread that doctrine by force… leading to the…
Second Weird War (1939 [by Western reckoning, anyhows]-’45): Vermany, syndarchalist Etrruria to their south, briefly Urrsia, and the ‘Draconic Empire’ of Serrica (i.e. China), against democracy and the Europeans’ colonial empires. The US of Amberrica tried to stay neutral, but was eventually dragged into this conflict when the Serricans — to protect their seaward flank — invaded the Amberrian protectorate of Furrmosa.

Amberrica: Introduction

This country, the ‘United States of Amberrica’, is one of the most powerful nations — arguably the most powerful nation — on the planet. It was formed from a group of former Bruttish colonies along the eastern seaboard of North America, and then expanded westwards. (I haven’t decided yet whether there was a ‘War of Independence’ or a more peaceful separation.) Its borders might not quite match those of the ‘U.S. of America’, especially in the North-East and the South-West… and Hawaii, instead of belonging to this country, is home to the all-female (& somewhat super-ursine) Dramazon nation instead. Without large-scale slavery as a factor, its ‘Civil War’ — which occurred during the 1850s — was over how to treat the [mostly blackish-furred] Native Amberrican peoples instead and the faction that favoured attempts at peaceful political & economic integration (with reasonable respect for native customs) won. That does not, however, mean that everything went perfectly from then onwards.
North Amberricans who are descended mainly from Bruttish settlers and/or most other European stocks are of ‘Brown Bear’ lineage, but those of Scandinurrsian ancestry tend to have a strong ‘Polar’ strain (and therefore noticeably paler fur) instead. There are both ‘Brown Bear’ and ‘Black Bear’ elements amongst the native peoples, with some tribes apparently of blended origins, as well the ‘Polar’-descended ‘Outuit’ hunters of the arctic coasts. Immigrants from eastern Asia are mainly from ‘Black Bear’ origins.

Important places in Amberrica

Fishington DC (i.e. ‘District of Corineus’), the nation’s capital, located on the lower reaches of the Pawtomac river.
The “Three Cities” area at the mouth of the River Huds'cub, which are collectively the largest conurbation in the country and are far more important than Fishington in every field except politics: New Boarrekh City in the centre (Bearhattan, plus [whatever they call Staten Island, and the Bronx], plus [Jersey City to Englewood]), Metroboris to the east ([Brooklyn, Queens, and bit more of Long Island]), and Gorram City — in the state of New Bersey — to the east ([Newark], with sea access where the [Bayonne] area is water rather than land…)
Bearston, on the coast some distance further to the north-east, one of the oldest Bruttish settlements on the continent
Betroit (‘Motor City’) and Tsikargo, on the Great Lakes
St Lousie? ‘Centre City’?

(To be continued…)

Important people in Amberrica

First president: Jharge Fishington
President (in 1943): Frrankh’kin Herrarno Rosefield (Democritter)
President (in 1980): Bruins Richbord (Hrrepub’bearcan; formerly VP to President Bruins Carrt, who was assassinated by a costumed criminal known as ‘the Yokker’ in 1979)

More information

The main language used in Amberrica [effectively] English, or at least an ‘Urso-English’ dialect, although I haven’t yet decided whether they actually call it by that name.

The main religion followed there is a form of Ursionity, although this version differs from the one that’s followed in Bears Armed in (if nothing else…) still having access to its original holy places (in ‘Bruttain’) and some other details of its history: For example, the foreign empire that controlled southern Bruttain at the time of Ursios was an Ursine one centred on the city of ‘Fome’ rather than a Rabbit-ruled ‘Romaine Empire’.
The letters “AU” that follow some of the year-numbers I use indicate that those dates are being measured from the year in which (it is thought…) Artos Ursios was born… and probably match the same dates “AD”, although I’m still thinking about this point.

Amberrica’s history did notinclude a stage (occupying part of the period between the 1st & 2nd Weird Wars] when alcoholic drinks were prohibited, so I’ll have to find a different reason to explain the rise of organised crime during those years.

(To be continued…)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:43 am

The following characters are reserved for my own use, either in the 'rescue parties' that are sent out to retrieve the dimension-lost heroes from other people's nations or in a scenario that I plan to run in one of my own nations during this RP _

(JFA members [1962])
Kaptain Kosmos (“Bear of the Future”) (Captain Comet)
Metamurrph’hrro (Metamorpho)
Mr Berriffic (I) ( Mr Terrific (I) (Michael Sloane))
Professor Paradygm* [+ his robots]
Saygoh the Sorcerer ( Sargon the Sorceror)
Silver Songbird (I) (Black Canary (I))
Star Emerald (Narranio Artkos) (a Green Lantern [of the G.L.C.E]) (Earth’s first member of the G.L.C., but Nathaniel Adams rather than Hal Jordan)
Star Emerald (Klikklakh) ( another Green Lantern (Salakk))
‘Snapper’ Turtle ( ‘Snapper’ Carr)
(US Special Talents Agency)
Bronze Beetle (II) ( Blue Beetle (II) ([archaeologist] Dan Garrett))
UltraBear (Arri Jorrtun) ( Captain Atom) (but Hal Jordan rather than Nathaniel Adams)
Nightside (Nightshade
The Quizzing (The Question (i))
Sarrge Strong (Sarge Steel)
‘King’ Barraday (King Farday)
(others)
The Shining Fright (the Shining Knight (I))
Rapido (I) / Green Quarrell (II) (Speedy (I)/a ‘Green Arrow’) [not exact counterpart)
Rapido (II) (Speedy (III))
the WardBear (II) (Guardian (II))
Fatta Morgana*
Silver Songbird (II) (Black Canary (II))
Arno ‘Iron’ Bun’hrro (Iron Munro)
Cyan Devil (Blue Devil) (still with his original innocence)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 am

Bumping in the hope of attracting more interest, now that sign-ups for WC65 are open.

If your main reason for not expressing interest yet is thinking that although you might have some familiarity with the 'Superhero' genre you don't know enough about these characters to RP them "properly" then I'd be willing to help out by supplying briefing notes.

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Tue May 07, 2013 7:05 pm

This sounds like fun, though like Wight I will have to brush up.
How about this group?

Growing-Bear
Katana
Wild-Katt
Vigilante
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 am

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega wrote:This sounds like fun, though like Wight I will have to brush up.
How about this group?

Growing-Bear
Katana
Wild-Katt
Vigilante

Okay. I'll get some notes to you soon.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Re the use of supervillains

Postby Bears Armed » Sat May 11, 2013 7:58 am

To clarify a point, expanding on a reply that I’ve already made to a TG from one person: I said that you could only have any supervillains from Amberrica transported into your nations for your RP with Amberrican heroes if they were accompanied by appropriate heroes and were neither so powerful that they’d overshadow those heroes nor “too crazy”. This is because I might want to use at least some villains in Amberrica-based RP at some point, it seems likely to me that the ones that other people want to use now would also be ones that I might well like to use myself, and it could be difficult to explain how the heroes would manage to get any villains who are too powerful or too crazy back home again after this storyline (in some cases, perhaps because those villains’ actions would mean that your own governments want to hold onto them for trial/treatment/punishment/whatever…)
Also, I’m not sure yet which “crazy” Amberrican supervillains are actually crazy in the same ways as their DC counterparts.

However, of course, you would still be perfectly free to use versions of those villains who are actually natives of your own nations’ home realities rather than Amberrican, or even ones whom this ‘Crisis crossover’ storyline brings into your realities from some other Reality altogether, and have those encounter visiting Amberrican heroes (or, indeed, your own heroes) instead…

___________________________________________________________________________________

ASMV _ The time-periods from which the other heroes you want to use are obvious, but what about Wild-Katt? Do you want him as he was in 1942, or as he "is" (with slowed ageing, so that he's still pretty effective) in 1980 instead?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat May 11, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

So, what’s happened in Amberrica (and its world) by 1980?

Postby Bears Armed » Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 am

Q: is it basically the same as RL Earth at that date, apart from the Bears and the superheroes?
A: No. Apart from anything else, those decades with superheroes and mad scientists present — and numerous contacts with aliens, too — have given this Urrth a somewhat more advanced technological base than the RL Earth had in that year: Fusion power is at least at the final ‘working prototype’ stage before going into widespread use, computers are more advanced and there's already an Internet, Amberrica and several other powers have ‘permanent’ bases on the Moon (and would have ones on Ares [Mars] too, if not for the a legal tangle brought about by the existence of at least two surviving Aresians as superheroes on Earth…), the mining of some of the closest asteroids for metals has begun, and so on…

Q: Are the superheroes of this ‘Urrth-A’ at the same stages of existence on that world, generally, as those of the DC universe’s main world (i.e. ‘Earth-1’, as they called it in those days) were in the comics being published in 1980?
A: No. For one thing, this version of reality is closer to DC’s ‘Earth-2’ in a lot of its history, although admittedly with a lot of DC’s Earth-1 (and even ‘Post-Crisis’) characters added too when their existence wouldn’t clash with that background. For another thing, time in comics has “traditionally” passed at a slower rate for the characters than it has for the readers, to the extent that just before DC rebooted their continuity in 2011 all of the stories from the dawn of the ‘Silver Age’ in c.1955 right through up to that point before the reboot were officially considered to have taken place in only 13-14 years by the characters’ own subjective timelines: In my opinion that figure should have been a couple of years or so longer, at least as far as some characters were concerned (because DC hadn’t been entirely consistent in keeping all of its series running at comparable speeds…) but even so, as I’m anchoring its start to a point shortly before the re-founding of the JFA in 1960 rather than its finish to the present day, that leaves room for just about EVERYTHING that happened in DC comics from the mid-’50s until the 2011 (RL date) reboot to have happened by 1980 on on ‘Urrth-A’.

Q: So, has EVERYTHING that happened in DC comics from the mid-’50s until the 2011 (RL date) reboot happened by 1980 on on ‘Urrth-A’?
A: No. For one thing, there’s the whole “Earth-2 rather than Earth-1” business. For another thing, the earlier date for their ‘present day’ means that various stories involving ‘legacy characters’ (i.e. heroes/villains with links to earlier counterparts) simply couldn’t have happened yet. And then there’s the fact that there are a LOT of storylines that I simply don’t know about, and some of which I might (if told about them) decide were inappropriate to the setting… and in fact there are definitely some storylines that I do] know about — including, rather ironically bearing in mind that they [in graphic novel form] played an important role in getting me interested in the DC multiverse again, most of the ‘Crisis Crossover’ ones — that I’ve already decided don’t fit my ideas about this timeline.

(To be continued…)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun May 19, 2013 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wight
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Sat May 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Q: What, if any, is the relationship between Urrth-A and Bears Renaimated - will the superheroes and/or villains of Amberrica have any foreknowledge of Dead Bears Walking? I think my crew of three will likely encounter them on The Lonely Road - or Another Way - as part of my contribution to Crisis of Infinite Mirth.
BECAUSE REASONS

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun May 19, 2013 5:08 am

No relationship. Bears Renaimated ties in to the history of Bears Armed, and this crossover will be the first contact between the Reality that includes BA and the one that's home to Amberrica... but the heroes whom you're using could certainly arrive on the Lonely Road rather than in Wight itself if that's what you want.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 am

(New material sent to Wight...)

Glimmer: Ursine female of Amberrican nationality and ‘brown bear’ ancestry; real name = Sarra Smith; age = 14 (which means roughly comparable to a 16-year-old human for maturity), right-pawed, fur = very light brown; curiosity battles with shyness (the latter of which might be a reason why she manifests the powers that she does) in her nature, and she’s not only soft-spoken but tends to defer to her elders; she is a member of the ‘Teen Toyrans’, a training ‘team’ for young superheroes that operates under the management of a [mostly also still quite young, but generally more experienced] team called the ‘New Toyrans’; powers = invisibility (easy for her, and easily controlled) and intangibility (which takes more effort, and is less reliable… although that doesn’t mean that it would leave her stuck part-way through any barrier… Also has some fairly basic self-defence training, taught to her by a hero called Rrred Hrraven — the New Toyrans’ current leader — upon whom she has a mild [unreciprocated] crush. Her costume includes a full-face mask as well as what is basically a fairly loose jumpsuit (with belt & boots), and is all in a shade of pale yellow that — considering Amberrican ursines’ typical range of fur colours — I think would be the local equivalent of a [RL] “girlish” pink.

Re the hero Mettle _ apparently his DC counterpart ‘Steel’ not only had his own comic series for a while, he was the subject of a film too! I caught a brief extract from it on youtube, posted as part of a compilation video whose title was something along the lines of “Top 10 Worst Superhero Film Costumes”…”

EDIT: I've just made some additions to the list of available heroes, and moved a few names between section of that list, in this post's first post.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wight
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Hey BA, can you give a basic summary of the incident which led to the scattering of ursine superheroes across the multiverse? I will probably start my RP with my team not really recalling what happened, but if you have your idea for this firmed up and are prepared to reveal it, that would be helpful. Also, as stated in previous TGs, I'm looking at the DC artist creators from RL being involved and of course Glimmer is from your own muse... which is whom? Can I have a character as an avatar of you, who drew Glimmer in comics (or perhaps, invented her for a story on an internet forum)?
BECAUSE REASONS

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am

Wight wrote:Hey BA, can you give a basic summary of the incident which led to the scattering of ursine superheroes across the multiverse? I will probably start my RP with my team not really recalling what happened, but if you have your idea for this firmed up and are prepared to reveal it, that would be helpful. Also, as stated in previous TGs, I'm looking at the DC artist creators from RL being involved and of course Glimmer is from your own muse... which is whom? Can I have a character as an avatar of you, who drew Glimmer in comics (or perhaps, invented her for a story on an internet forum)?

They don't remember what scattered them: I plan to to reveal how that happened, eventually, during my own RP.

Re who would have drawn Glimmer: Ooh, that's a good question. She'd be from her world's equivalent of the latest pre-'Flashpoint' Teen Titans, for which Wikipedia says _

Creative team
Writer(s) Judd Winick
Sean McKeever
J. T. Krul
Eric Wallace
Penciller(s) Ian Churchill
Joe Benitez
Julian Lopez
Howard Porter
Fabrizio Fiorentino
Inker(s) Norm Rapmund
Creator(s) Judd Winick
Ian Churchill

A second ongoing Teen Titans series, titled Titans, launched in April 2008 and was written by Judd Winick.[72] Issue one was drawn by Ian Churchill and Norm Rapmund, issue 2 by Joe Benitez and Victor Llamas.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports