NATION

PASSWORD

Brob Ball Championship Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Brob Ball Championship Everything Thread

Postby West Angola » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Rules Overview:
1. Brob Ball is played between two teams, each of seven players
2. All seven players from one team and one from the other inhabit the pitch at one time
3. The lone offensive player is called the Striker. The seven defensive players are: the Outer Safeties (2 or 3), the Inner Safeties (3 or 2), the Gunner (1), and the Backer (1)
4. The ball is seven-centimeters in diameter, and made of hard plastic
5. The Gunner must roll the ball to the striker, roll is defined as bouncing no fewer than five times and not leaving the ground within the Striker's Zone
6. The Gunner must remain within the Gunner's Box when rolling the ball
7. The angle of inclination between the Striker's Zone and the Gunner's Box shall be no more than five degrees
8. The Striker must use a regulation golf club to hit the ball
9. Once the Striker has hit the ball, he may run either to the left scoring station or to the right scoring station, upon reaching either, he scores a point
10. Once the Striker reaches the scoring station, he may either run back to the Striker's Box (scoring one point) and then run to the other station (scoring one point), or run directly across the pitch to the other scoring station (scoring two points)
11. The Striker continues to run until he is touched with the ball
12. If the Striker's hit crosses the Four-Point Line without bouncing, he scores an automatic four points and is retired
13. Once all seven players have had their turn as Striker, the two teams switch sides
14. Once both teams have played offense, the game ends, and the team with the most points wins
15. The coach must announce before the game begins how many Inner and Outer Safeties he will be using
16. Safeties may not cross the line between the Receiving Field and the Scoring Field
17. If the ball crosses the divider between the scoring and receiving fields before going out of bounds, play continues. If it goes out of bounds before crossing the divider, the gunner must roll again.

Pitch:

Tournament Format:

When posting your roster, please specify which style of rolling is the favorite of your gunner (fast, slow, spin right, spin left, bounce, slide). Also, please designate the favorite roll of each of your striker's (see above). The fixtures will be announced one hour before the first scorination, and no rosters will be accepted in that hour, to prevent teams taking advantage of knowing their opponent's player's preferences when naming their own. Also, please designate a skill modifier between -3 and +3, with -3 being the most defensive, which will determine whether your team is better at offense or defense

Scorinating Formula:

Skill Modifier + RP Bonus + Random Number 1-6 + (# of Player's with Gunner's favorite roll/7) + Opponent's Skill Modifier = Score

Signups:
West Angola
Vettrera
Darmen
Lymantatia
Cuboneland
Neu Engollon
Morder Kanin
The Priory of St Luc

Tournament Information:
The pairings for the tournament will be posted thirty minutes before the first scorination. The reason for this is because the number of striker's with the same favorite roll as the gunner figures into the scorinator, and I would like to prevent anyone from posting their roster just to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents. No new rosters will be accepted in the interim between the posting and scorination, but those rosters will apply to subsequent matches. If you do not post a roster, the favorite roll of six your striker's will be assumed to be whatever the opposing gunner's is, and your gunner's favorite roll will be assumed to be whatever the least number of opposing strikers prefer.

Cutoff time will be at 13:20 Central Standard Time, except on Wednesday's when it will be at 13:45 CST. (Trying to work around my lunch schedule here).

The tournament will be a single-elimination format.

Please begin posting your rosters, and indicate the preferred rolling style of both your gunner and your strikers. Also indicate a skill modifier of -3 (Most defensively skilled) to +3 (Most offensively skilled).

Schedule:
Quarterfinals: Monday, January 28th
Semifinals: Tuesday, January 29th
Finals: Wednesday, January 30th

Good luck and happy RPing!
Last edited by West Angola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

The Priory of St Luc
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Priory of St Luc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm

Priory of St Luc Brob Ball Squad
Denonym: Lucians
Nickname: Prayin’ Pelicans
Modifier: +3

G - Sir Cadmon (Gunner preference - Slide) (Striker Preference - Bounce)
B - Brother Eadric (Striker Preference - Slow)
IS - Brother Sigga (Striker Preference - Spin Left)
IS - Sir Godric (Striker Preference - Fast)
IS - Friar Heron (Striker Preference - Slide)
OS - Oblate Wymund (Striker Preference - Fast)
OS - Brother Wilbur (Striker Preference - Spin Right)

West Angola
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 pm

West Angolan Brob Ball Championship Roster

Skill Modifier: +1
Head Coach: Wil.i.am Blayke

Gunner: Juan Mylton (Gunner Preference- Spin Left) (Striker Preference- Fast)
Backer: Carl Marks (Striker Preference- Slide)
Inner Safety: Wilhelm Fost (Striker Preference- Spin Right)
Inner Safety: Iron Rend (Striker Preference- Spin Right)
Inner Safety: Soe Crates (Striker Preference- Slow)
Outer Safety: Jake Grimwell (Striker Preference- Bounce)
Outer Safety: William Grimwell (Striker Preference- Fast)

Should you RP first:
Choose my scorers: Yes
Injuries: TG me first please
Godmods, Deaths: Godmods yes if they are funny, Deaths no
Last edited by West Angola on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Neu Engollonian Brob Ball Mountain Goats Roster

Skill Modifier: + 1.5
Head Coach: Gunther Mack

Gunner: Denis Calain (Gunner Preference- Spin Right) (Striker Preference- Bounce)
Backer: Luc Japerd (Striker Preference- Slide)
Inner Safety: Carlo Bassetti (Striker Preference- Spin Right)
Inner Safety: Felix Nurmbech (Striker Preference- Spin Left)
Inner Safety: Marco Ziggio (Striker Preference- Fast)
Outer Safety: Jean Haimert (Striker Preference- Slow)
Outer Safety: Conrad Wolfreid (Striker Preference- Fast)

Should you RP first:
Injuries: TG me first please
Godmods, Deaths: No
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 am

Metropolitan University of Ridgeway (Go Red Raiders!)

Skill Modifier: + 2.7
Head Coach: "Barker" Robbins

Gunner: Rodrick Bane (Gunner Preference- Spin Left) (Striker Preference- Bounce)
Backer: Drew Barret (Striker Preference- Slide)
Inner Safety: Ricardo Guerrero (Striker Preference- Spin Left)
Inner Safety: Stephen Brooks (Striker Preference- Spin Right)
Inner Safety: DeMarcus Rodgers (Striker Preference- Fast)
Outer Safety: Liam Fortre (Striker Preference- Fast)
Outer Safety: Nicholas Williams (Striker Preference-Slow)
Should you RP first:
Injuries: TG Me
Godmods, Deaths: No
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

West Angola
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:58 am

Quarterfinal Scores:
1. Darmen 5-4 Lymantatia
2. West Angola 8-5 Cuboneland
3. Neu Engollon 6-5 Morder Kanin
4. Priory of St Luc 14-11 Vettrera
Last edited by West Angola on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cuboneland
Secretary

Founded: Aug 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuboneland » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Roster

G - Houston Visconti of Viscontiland (Gunner preference - Slide) (Striker Preference - Bounce)
B - Patrick McDonald (Striker Preference - Slow)
IS -Patrick Steichen (Striker Preference - Spin Left)
IS -Earl Lewis (Striker Preference - Fast)
IS - Grax Miffen (Striker Preference - Slide)
OS - Mr Sir (Striker Preference - Fast)
OS - Wister Mymore (Striker Preference - Spin Right)
Last edited by Cuboneland on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Priory of St Luc
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Priory of St Luc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 am

The Priory of St Luc. When one considers the most sporting of nations, The Priory would rank near or perhaps even below the bottom. With their prowess in the realms of paganica, bocce, lawn darts, and croquet, not a single person in the world would have guessed as to what would transpire in the opening match of the Brob Ball Championships against a powerhouse sporting nation in the form of Vettrera.

Following three matches where the combined scoring totaled 9, 13, and 11 points, The Prayin’ Pelicans and the Red Raiders took the field to see who would advance. And as Vettrera were the first to swing the club (and swing it well they did) the early advantage was theirs. Once those seven men had completed their turns, 11 points had been counted and quite nearly everyone deemed the match over and done.

And then the Pelicans took their turn. Seven strikers and 14 points later The Priory of St Luc stood victorious and ready to face Neu Engollon in the semi-finals. When asked what made the difference for the squad, Sir Cadmon cited the love of paganica in the Priory. “The difference is the plastic ball rather than a leather one. The plastic one goes much farther when you smack it with the club. That works well for us as we are not as athletic as everyone else here. Hopefully we can swing as good tomorrow.”

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:51 am

*** NETV SPORTS 7 BROADCAST ***

"New to the sport of Brob Ball, Neu Engollon has also been astonished to find themselves at the top of the heap of the 1st Brob Ball Championship.
When asked about the great performance of the Goats, Coach Gunther Mack had this to say:

'I have to be honest, I really don't know what's happening out there, but miraculously, we seem to be doing all the right things. I hope we keep it up.'

There you have it, in the words of the Goats National Brob Ball Head Coach. Let's keep it going, Goats!"
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

West Angola
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Semifinals:
1. West Angola 10-12 Neu Engollon
2. Darmen 5-8 Priory of St Luc
Last edited by West Angola on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Goats in the Semi-Finals

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 am

They'd gone up against the host, the West Angolans. If there was any tough team to beat in the relatively new sport, it would be them.

It had been close scores, with the Safeties unable to make every save, but they'd still managed to shut down the opponent's Strikers when it counted, in the final few minutes of the matches. Gunner Calain had kept things running and lively. His pitches were uneven at the beginning of the match, but leveled out when they needed to make them count.

Their gunner, Juan Mylton, kept the pressure intense and was even throughout. If it wasn't for Safety errors, the Goats would never have gotten points on the board.
The final scorers for the Goats were Haimert and Ziggio, bringing them just on top in the final minute by a close squeaker.

They would face the Priory in the final, having learned hard lessons against the West Angolans, the best team from the originating country, they felt they were well prepared going in against the Prayin' Pelicans.
My Factbook

West Angola
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Finals:

Neu Engollon 11-7 Priory of St Luc

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

*** NETV SPORTS 7 BROADCAST ***

"Good evening. Bien-welk! I'm Magda Wertauer and this is the NETV Sports 7 Update. Tonight, once again, we come to you live from the nation of West Angola, the host of the very first international Brob Ball Championships. Can you believe it, Marcel? The Goats...they did it. They took the top slot?"

"Magda, I am amazed and pleased, but not totally surprised. As far as sports on the world stage, Neu Engollon has been on a roll lately. Especially with newer sports without a lot of long, dominating nations..."

"Sports we have a chance to break into you mean, where the playing field is more equal?"

"Exactly. That's not to say the competition is not fierce. The Brob Ballers had to go up against the West Angolans and the Priory Pelicans. Not pushover teams. Still, there is more of an equal playing field, as opposed to say, association football or hockey."

"Well, all I know is that tonight, Marcel...We are happy here in the capital, people are celebrating...and in Burgunden..."

"...and Panoli, and Ludenthal..."

"Yes, all over the country. Happy Brob Ball fans abound. From Coach Mack: 'We will be back to defend the crown the next year. No doubt, we intend to be a force to be reckoned with.' There you have it, volken, Fetessen lo vittosieg! (people, Enjoy the victory!)"
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports