NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey XIX Everything Thread (We have a Champ!)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

World Cup of Hockey XIX Everything Thread (We have a Champ!)

Postby Michael VII » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am

World Cup of Hockey XIX - Michael VII

Sorry for the terrible photoshop, but who doesn't love a logo for a competition!

Welcome to the Nineteenth Edition of the World Cup of Hockey in Michael VII!

Welcome everyone to the nineteenth staging of the NS World Cup of Hockey, this edition to be located in the Patriotic People's Republic of Michael VII. Sixty-six nations are to take part in this competition, and to all who have signed up, good luck on your journey to become the World Champions of Ice Hockey this season!

Format
-The tournament will start off with the qualifying stage, where the 66 teams will be placed in 11 groups of 6 teams each. During the qualifying stage, each team will play the teams in their group twice, once home, and once on the road, using their home rinks in the process. 2 points will be awarded for each win, and 1 point for each draw. During the qualifying stage, overtime will not be used, and matches can end in a draw. Home-ice advantage bonus will also be used. A cumulative RP Bonus of 2 points per MD can be attained. Style mods from -5/+5 will be utilised.

After the first half of the group stage, there will be a one day bye-day, where teams can organise friendlies and have them scored. Same protocol goes for pre-qualifying friendlies, and also post-qualifying friendlies should neither team progress to Michael VII. All friendly scorination requests must be sent by TG to me with appropriate details, (ie Home nation).

Following the second half of the qualifying stage, the 24 nations that reach the requirements to progress to Michael VII will continue to the knockout stages. At the start of the knockout stage, all RP Bonus accumulated will be halved, and from there on out, all series will be of knockout nature, with the semifinal losers being the only losers to play an extra round in the Third-Place playoff (ONE game). Teams ranked 1-8 will get a bye to the second round of the playoffs, with teams ranked 9-24 playing a ONE GAME playoff to make the second playoff round. From the second round onward, all series will be a best-of-three series. As with the NHL playoffs, after the Round of 16, the bracket will be reseeded, and from there on out it will be a rigid bracket.

Schedule
Below is the planned schedule for WCoH XIX...
*All cutoffs will take place at approximately 6pm NZT (6am GMT) on the specified day.
Saturday 22 September Pre-Qualifying Friendlies
Monday 24 September MD One
Tuesday 25 September MD Two
Wednesday 26 September MD Three
Thursday 27 September MD Four
Friday 28 September MD Five
Saturday 29 September Bye Day (Mid-Qualifying Friendlies)
Sunday 30 September MD Six
Monday 1 October MD Seven
Tuesday 2 October MD Eight
Wednesday 3 October MD Nine
Thursday 4 October MD Ten
Friday 5 October Bye Day (Post-Qualifying Friendlies)
Saturday 6 October Round of 24 - Play-in Game
Sunday 7 October Round of 16 MD1
Monday 8 October Round of 16 MD2
Tuesday 9 October Round of 16 MD3 (If necessary)
Wednesday 10 October Quarterfinals MD1
Thursday 11 October Quarterfinals MD2
Friday 12 October Quarterfinals MD3 (If necessary)
Saturday 13 October Semifinals MD1
Sunday 14 October Semifinals MD2
Monday 15 OctoberSemifinals MD3 (If necessary)
Tuesday 16 October Third Place Playoff
Wednesday 17 October Finals MD1
Thursday 18 October Finals MD2
Friday 19 October Finals MD3 (If necessary)
* The extra bye day on the 29th is because it is a very hectic day for me on that day, and will be out all night. The first Saturday on the 22nd may also provide some interesting cutoff times, as I am participating in a sailing race for most of the day.

Rosters
Rosters count as a separate RP, and should include:
Style Mods
Roster
Coaching Staff
Home Rink
And RP Permissions (See Below)
If my opponent RPs first, I give them the right to:
Name my scorers Y/N
Godmod scoring events Y/N
Injure my players Y/N
Godmod injuries Y/N
RP ejections to my players Y/N
Godmod other events Y/N

Qazox
Thatius
Darmen
Equestrian States
The Jahistic Unified Republic
Carmadin
Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Polar Islandstates
Estope
Reen
Yesopalitha
Falconfar (Yesopalitha puppet)
Audioslavia
Havl
Free South Califas
Falconwhereeveryouare
Thrilledge
Sicoutimont
Saugeais
Michael VII
Birolika
Shofercia
Sheltopolis
Plutoni
Western Cuba
Valanora
Vilita & Turori
Northern Sunrise Islands
Bongo Johnson
Mapletish
Camwood
Maklohi Vai
TaQud
Ziketonia
Byfugland
Ko-oren
Licentiapacisterra
Slembana
Soviet Canuckistan
Soviet Quebexico (Soviet Canuckistan Puppet)
Gyatso-kai
Mohawk Clans
Civil Citizenry
Kelssek
Weatherdon
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Raxillion
His Great Kingdom
Mantenwic
Perinpanland
Westros
Svengarda
Republic of The Dallas Stars
Port Hawthorne
Filopines
Torisakia
The Scandinavian Islands (Camwood puppet)
Kingdom of Phoenixia
Vaugania
Nopspri
Yuznetovian Julia (puppet of Perinpanland)
Cassadaigua
Thisbia
the gypsies
Apox
Boring Paradise
Last edited by Michael VII on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:51 am, edited 11 times in total.
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Michael VII
Minister

Ex-Nation

Reserved for Group Draw and Pots

Pot 1
1. Valanora
2. Plutoni
3. Gyatso-kai
4. Polar Islandstates
5. Qazox
6. Cassadaigua
7. Civil Citizenry
8. Mohawk Clans
9. Kelssek
10. THRILLEDGE
11. Darmen

Pot 2
1. Shofercia
2. Torisakia
3. Western Cuba
4. Michael VII (Automatically Group One)
5. Thatius
6. Yesopalitha
7. Soviet Canuckistan
8. Mantwenic
9. Mapletish
10. Camwood
11. Falconwhereeveryouare

Pot 3
1. Audioslavia
2. Vilita and Turori
3. Byfugland
4. Equestrian States
5. Weatherdon
6. Filopines
7. Carmadin
8. Port Hawthorne
9. TaQud
10. Estope (UR)
11. Vaugania (UR)

Pot 4 Unranked Pot 1
1. Royal Kingdom of Quebec
2. Falconfar
3. Saugeais
4. Northern Sunrise Islands
5. Bongo Johnson
6. Ziketonia
7. Slembana
8. Soviet Quebexico
9. Raxillion
10. Republic of The Dallas Stars
11. Apox

Pot 5 Unranked Pot 2
1. Free South Califas
2. Sicoutimont
3. Sheltopolis
4. Ko-oren
5. Licentiapacisterra
6. Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
7. His Great Kingdom
8. Westros
9. Kingdom of Phoenixia
10. Yuznetovian Julia
11. Thisbia

Pot 6 Unranked Pot 3
1. The Jahistic United Republic
2. Reen
3. Havl
4. Birolika
5. Maklohi Vai
6. Perinpanland
7. Svengarda
8. The Scandinavian Islands
9. Nopspri
10. The Gypsies
11. Boring Paradise

Group One
Equestrian States (49)
Gyatso-kai (3)
Michael VII (20)
Reen (UR)
Republic of The Dallas Stars (UR)
Westros (UR)

Group Two
Boring Paradise (UR)
Filopines (53)
Free South Califas (UR)
Kelssek (11)
Saugeais (UR)
Yesopalitha (22)

Group Three
Carmadin (60)
Ko-oren (UR)
Peripanland (UR)
Plutoni (2)
Slembana (UR)
Torisakia (17)

Group Four
Bongo Johnson (UR)
Mantwenic (24)
Polar Islandstates (4)
Svengarda (UR)
Vaugania (UR)
Yuznetovian Julia (UR)

Group Five
Darmen (15)
Mapletish (25)
Nopspri (UR)
Sicoutimont (UR)
Soviet Quebexico (UR)
Weatherdon (49)

Group Six
Apox (UR)
Byfugland (43)
Thatius (21)
The Gypsies (UR)
Thisbia (UR)
THRILLEDGE (14)

Group Seven
Mohawk Clans (10)
Royal Kingdom of Quebec (UR)
Sheltopia (UR)
Shofercia (16)
TaQud (100)
The Scandinavian Islands (UR)

Group Eight
Camwood (27)
Civil Citizenry (8)
Kingdom of Phoenixia (UR)
Raxillion (UR)
The Jahistic Union Republic (UR)
Vilita and Turori (38)

Group Nine
Cassadaigua (7)
Falconwhereeveryouare (32)
Licentiapacisterra (UR)
Maklohi Vai (UR)
Northern Sunrise Islands (UR)
Port Hawthorne (71)

Group Ten
Estope (UR)
Havl (UR)
His Great Kingdom (UR)
Soviet Canuckistan (23)
Valanora (1)
Ziketonia (UR)

Group Eleven
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega (UR)
Audioslavia (35)
Birolika (UR)
Falconfar (UR)
Qazox (6)
Western Cuba (17)

Schedule Home Team First
MD1: 1v6, 2v5, 3v4
MD2: 6v4, 5v3, 1v2
MD3: 2v6, 3v1, 4v5
MD4: 6v5, 1v4, 2v3
MD5: 3v6, 4v2, 5v1
MD6: 6v1, 5v2, 4v3
MD7: 4v6, 3v5, 2v1
MD8: 6v2, 1v3, 5v4
MD9: 5v6, 4v1, 3v2
MD10: 6v3, 2v4, 1v5

Apologies for late group draw, my plans yesterday went on for too long and made this impossible last night. Cutoff at 6am (GMT) tomorrow.
Last edited by Michael VII on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Michael VII
Minister

Ex-Nation

Reserved for IC information and venues.

-Capacity 19,000

Flyers Centre, located right in Central Frbiba City, is the home of the Frbiba Flyers NHA team, current Minor Premiers, and perennial playoff contenders. Flyers Centre is a modern stadium, built only 15 years ago to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Flyers' founding, and replaced the former Frbiba Coliseum, the previous host to both the Flyers and Foxes franchises. Flyers Centre is known for it's packed-in feel, and despite being one of the more expensive and overpriced arenas in the nation, it is seen as the hardest to play in, as the crowd just feels that much closer to you, almost as if they're on the ice itself.

-Population 22,000,000
Frbiba City is both the largest and oldest city in Michael VII, while also being the Capital City of our glorious nation. Founded on the Eastern Bank of the Jagoza River by the native Frbibans, Frbiba has grown from a riverside trade village connecting sparse towns further East, into a vast city, home to a metropolitan area of over 20,000,000 people, plenty of sports teams, and the government seat in the country. Known for it's historical architecture, and political history, Frbiba is the town to visit for all those academically and historically inclined, and is definitely well worth a visit. Fierce rivals of Jagoza across the River, the townspeople over here wear red as a religion, so don't cross them in blue, or prepare to get slaughtered by rioting Frbibans.

-Capacity 18,500

For a city of over 20,000,000 famous for it's liberal government spending and ultra-modern architecture, it's a little strange to think that a professional hockey team would play in a University hockey rink, but it's true. UJ Arena is a great home to both Hockey and Basketball, but hosting 6 teams in it can get a little hectic, given that hockey and basketball play during the same seasons! UJ Arena as a College Rink is therefore one of the cheapest rinks in the nation, and aren't too interested in making much money, so the ticket prices are quite low, and make for an excellent fan atmosphere, as the tickets are almost always sold out. Even the scalpers only make you pay a reasonable price, esspecially compared to say, Flyers Centre. UJ Arena is about 50 years old, but has been renovated quite a lot over the years, having the feel of a retro stadium, but at the same time quite modern. Some seats have impeded views, so beware of sections 5, 9, 13 and 17, up in the higher tiers, Still, they cost next to nothing to buy, giving you more time to booze up!

-Population 20,500,000
Ah, Jagoza, the business capital of the country, and truly a modern city. A huge metropolis, founded only a few decades after Frbiba City was settled, Jagoza has always been the home to the settlers, and always the rivals of older brother Frbiba, where Jagozans have struggled to gain an upper hand in the sporting world recently. Overlooking the Jagoza River just like Frbiba, the cities look almost as one until you reach the centre, where Frbiba shows it's old and political history with Gothic buildings and style, meanwhile Jagoza embraces the new and fashionable, with planned roads, magnificent buildings, and excellent skyscrapers to give the River two excellent skylines, the old classic Frbiba, and swanky modern Jagoza. Jagozans are rabid sports fans, often decked out in UJ Blue and Black, and to a lesser, but growing, extent, JSU Green and Gold. Have fun in the City of Jagoza, because the shopping is off the charts, the city centre is always sprawling, and the clubs are rampant. There's a reason why Jagoza is set to take over Frbiba as biggest city in the country in the next 20 years...Because the girls just wanna have fun. And the guys follow the girls. Rightly so, nowhere else outside of Atlancia is the babe market so strong.

-Capacity 18,000

The Northern Hockey Centre is just one of the few sports sites located on the Eastern Bank of New Schmejgland. The University (UNS) is found on the Western side, and as such, hosts all the major events, however the NHC, given the alpine climate, finds its way onto the East Bank for the whole town to enjoy, and not just the drunk uni students. Built just last year to further promote the Winter Sports scene in New Schmejgland, the NHC is the newest building in the NHC and is truly exquisite. Reasonable ticket prices, but you really get raped by the concessions stand. Don't even bother buying anything at this stadium, just sneak in your own contraband, and enjoy the ultra-modern atmosphere that is the Northern Hockey Centre.

-Population 2,000,000
New Schmejgland is our own Winter Wonderland, and is the largest city north of Karoe. Home to two million inhabitants and built on the shores of the vast Lake Koval, New Schmejgland is the major town of the Alpine District, built right near the Koval Mountain Range, and rightly so, loves Winter sports like Ice Hockey. A good nightlife exists here, as it is still a reasonably large town, but nowhere near the crowded size of the Twin Cities, New Schmejgland is big enough to enjoy, the small enough to be comfortable. Come for the hockey, stay for the scenery. There's just something magnificent about seeing the Winter sun rise over Mt Koval, and give a perfect mirror reflection over Lake Koval while you're out enjoying the skiing.

-Capacity 15,500

Locally known as Raiderville, but officially as the Bensville Events Centre, the BEC is the most used, and most well known indoor sports arena in Bensville. Being only a small town in the M7 heartland, the building when full, makes up for nearly a third of the town's population, just hinting at the wild and passionate fans they have in the heartland of this wild and crazy nation. The BEC needs some renovations done, and is sorely outdated, neither pretty nor particularly comfortable, but it works well for the boys in the Great Plains. Somehow they fill up the arena with 15,500 fans year in, year out, but with the Bensville Raiders being recent Freedom Cup Champions, it's not hard to see why. Tickets are dirt cheap, the concessions not bad, and the people are in general quite pleasant. But without a reason to go to the games, as Michael VII are knocked out from the playoffs, the famed Plains crowds might not show up. More tickets for you internationals I guess...

-Population 50,000
Bensville is one of the two well known Riverside Plains cities, the other being the much larger and rival town of Plainshire. Bensvillagers are very passionate about everything they do, and exhibit a weird sense of heartland pride in everything they do. It's very admirable, and worth checking out. Sure, it's all a load of farm talk, and there's not much to do in only a town of 50,000, but it suits us just fine. We could have gone to bigger, more touristy towns with flashier arenas to sell the WCoH XIX product, but that'd be cheating. We wanna give a good show for your money, not just rob you in the daylight with bad deals and just seeing the big cities! Enjoy Bensville, actually not bad of a place to go to.
Last edited by Michael VII on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

NSCF 5 Champions

Domestic Sportswire

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:48 am

Name my scorers N
Godmod scoring events N
Injure my players N
Godmod injuries N
RP ejections to my players Y
Godmod other events N

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s306/raumo/d27c.jpg
Capacity: 21.291
Name: The Hockey Arena

G Damien Hydekk 6'3" 209 lbs
G Wilson Frevion 6'2" 201 lbs
G Martin Kel 6'3" 215 lbs
D Chris Amor 6'5" 218 lbs
D Ned Taylor 6'4" 220 lbs
D Zac Heiger 6'2" 213 lbs
D Ulysses Farquahn 6'4" 216 lbs
D Otto Merkz 6'3" 215 lbs
D Fredrick Eltmar 6'5" 225 lbs
D Mark Geehart 6'1" 203 lbs
LW Vladmir Ferwlov 6'6" 241 lbs
LW Hanley Myers 6'4" 232 lbs
LW William Stants 6'3" 212 lbs
LW Vixon Ernhart 6'5" 235 lbs
C Sandy Trevu 6'2" 208 lbs
C Daniel Forkhaw 6'3" 213 lbs
C Quincy Nelson 6'1" 204 lbs
C Elson Bentuvon 6'3" 217 lbs
RW Neil Ugmort 6'0" 197 lbs
RW Rick Harsel 6'2" 206 lbs
RW Jacob Blanton 6'4" 214 lbs
RW Tyler Ferdman 6'2" 209 lbs

Head Coach: Fred DeRosa 6'3" 213 lbs
Trainer: Yovanne Grenmar 6'6" 226 lbs
Last edited by TaQud on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 am

Rosters count as a separate RP, and should include:

Vilita & Turori Roster for World Cup of Hockey XIX

Style Mods: +3.14159

Roster:
Goalkeepers::
[ 92 ] Tommy Finn [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (OHL) - ]
[ 42 ] Koyo Apen [ - Turoki Islanders (OHL) - ]
[ 96 ] Fiko Oreta [ - Yeaddin HC (OHL) - ]

Defenders::
[ 37 ] Kevin Diesel [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (OHL) - ]
[ 06 ] Dolak Vintal-Morta [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (OHL) - ]
[ 62 ] Hluali Tiik [ - Turoki Islanders (OHL) - ]
[ 56 ] Torren Filiao [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (OHL) - ]
[ 51 ] Korus Korney [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (OHL) - ]
[ 45 ] Cinnami Vellamoi [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (OHL) - ]
[ 74 ] Mike Ice [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (OHL) - ]

Left-Wingers::
[ 32 ] Cartai Chiate [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (OHL) - ]
[ 48 ] Ricky Fike [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (OHL) - ]
[ 16 ] Vakki Cren [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (OHL) - ]
[ 22 ] Ieeko Nareta [ - Yeaddin HC (OHL) - ]
[ 26 ] Ippolit Entara [ - Turoki Islanders (OHL) - ]

Right-Wingers::
[ 4 ] River Suzgar [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (OHL) - ]
[ 23 ] Eastern Raciani [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (OHL) - ]
[ 41 ] Lance Blaki [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (OHL) - ]
[ 52 ] Malaino Oraziala [ - Yeaddin HC (OHL) - ]
[ 49 ] Ki||to Orreta [ - Turoki Islanders (OHL) - ]

Centers::
[ 88 ] Ocean Suzgar [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (OHL) - ]
[ 15 ] Emhaoi Linaozi [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (OHL) - ]
[ 22 ] Jualiar Fichaud [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (OHL) - ]
[ 32 ] Akitana Ruta [ - Yeaddin HC (OHL) - ]
[ 17 ] Ataris Filiac [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (OHL) - ]

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Avalan Marcraw
Assistant Coach: Colora Boharii

Home Rink:
Yeaddin Iceplex (Yeaddin, Vilita)

Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Injure my players Y (Limited to Duration of Tournament)
Godmod injuries Y (Limited to Duration of Tournament)
Godmod other events Y
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

The gypsies
Secretary

Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The gypsies » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:24 am

Style Mods: +2.5

Roster:
Goalkeepers::
1 Sydney F Smith (Gypseyville hfc)
2 Wes Paul Simpson-Gerrard (Randershfc)
3 Tommy Stafford (Virtushfc)

Defenders::
4 Graham Carol Starkey (Cosmos hfc)
5 Francis Lawton (Faetano HFC)
6 David Kidd (Libertas HFC)
7 Alan Green (Chelski HFC)
8 Frank Carlyle (Shiverpool HFC)
9 Nick Robins (carcrashenal HFC)
10 Paul McDermott (Selltic HFC)

Left-Wingers::
11 Terry Mcguire (virtus HFC)
12 Tony Brammwell (Manchest United HFC)
13 Adrian P. Friar (Trampmere rovers HFC)
14 John Kennedy (Evertonne HFC)
15 Tony Higginson (mixed racepool HFC)

Right-Wingers::
16 Asa Murphy (Ducksea HFC)
17 Mick Price (Shiverpool HFC)
18 Stuart Davies (No club HFC)
19 Bill Brown (Gypseyville HFC)
20 James Charnock (Randers HFC)

Centers::
21 Billy Nelson (Barcaonhisona HFC)
22 Chris Bromilow ( Faetano HFC)
23 Janet Kirby (c) (Gypseyville HFC)

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: billy McNab
Assistant Coach: Dimitri Dommons
Physio:: John Johnson
Offensive coach:: James Lewingson
Defensive Coach:: Lewis Jameson

Home Rink:
Gypseyland (Home of Gypseyville)

Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Injure my players Y
Godmod injuries N
Godmod other events Y

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:41 am

FEDERATION OF POLAR ISLANDSTATES ROSTER
"THE FIRS"

Ice Hockey in the Federation, for all its climate may hint at a national obsession, still sits below football and vying with rugby in terms of popularity. However, thanks to performances that continue to surpass expectations at previous world cups as well as victories for Hounds of Juura and Invermuir Eagles in the Champions Hockey League, it's appeal is growing faster than any other sport at the moment. The NPHL has proved a success so far since its foundation, and the traditional heartlands of the sport in the east and south are starting to spread towards its other hotbed in Kuril Arkhipelago.

Polarians are a warm bunch, every as warm as the land they habit is cold, and are ruthlessly efficient and athletic almost naturally. They are pacifists by nature, and will rarely start fights. This doesn't mean they won't fight back, of course... Fierce rivalries between the more hot-headed members of the squad from the bigger domestic teams, such as Invermuir Eagles and Hounds of Juura, or Matua Ice Wolves and Fjorhorgen Generals, can sometimes spill out onto the ice, and inter-squad arguments are something that coaches Idris Heliokomman and Nils Freidrichson are having to deal with on a more frequent basis. Inspirational leader Radoslav Invermuir could be one of the best Polarians to have ever graced the ice however, and his presence often quells any disputes, though this will surely be one of his last campaigns as the Firs endeavour to go one better than runner-up this time. The shoot-out defeat in the final match of the series against Cotdelapoms in WCoH XVIII stung, and the Firs are out to right that wrong.

COACHES:
Head - Idris Heliokomman
Assistant - Nils Freidrichson

LINE ONE:
LW Mikhail Szmolarek - 29 - Hounds of Juura
C Radoslav Invermuir - 31 - Montréal Royals (Cotdelapoms) (C)
RW Arvid Holberg - 27 - Invermuir Eagles

LINE TWO:
LW Petter de Vries - 27 - Cap Nordique Drakkar (Cotdelapoms)
C Rad Nebu - 26 - Invermuir Eagles
RW Franz Pettersen - 28 - Franz Josef Force

LINE THREE:
LW Sim Gorbuchev - 29 - Eastern Chase Innovation (Civil Citizenry)
C Karl van der Oost - 25 - Hounds of Juura
RW Vladimir Vahatalo - 22 - St Paul Whitecaps

LINE FOUR:
LW Dimitar Bech - 23 - St Paul Whitecaps
C Sander Turja - 20 - Fjorhorgen Generals
RW Kirri van Antonsen - 32 - Worcester Snowbirds (Cotdelapoms)

PAIR ONE:
D Josef Birk Rosenmeyer - 30 - Kingston Musketeers (Cotdelapoms)
D Harry Mercia - 31 - Invermuir Eagles

PAIR TWO:
D Maarten Skreig - 27 - Fjorhorgen Generals
D Jari von Evenvelde - 28 - Montréal Cotdelapomais (Cotdelapoms)

PAIR THREE:
D Vagn Kautsky - 24 - Topher Slapshots (Civil Citizenry)
D Igor Iustmanov - 28 - St-Fortunat Saints (Cotdelapoms)

GOALKEEPERS:
G Markos de Raek - 33 - Baltimore Gulls (Cotdelapoms)
G Oyvind Asimov - 26 - Montréal Royals (Cotdelapoms)
G Eyvindur Rissanen - 22 - Invermuir Eagles

BENCH:
C Eric McDonald - 28 - Albionpool Oak Leafs (Cotdelapoms)
RW Vlad Krogstad - 22 - St Paul Whitecaps
LW Gelv Nomaer - 27 - Bartewick Lords (Civil Citizenry)
D Ruben Bu - 21 - Hounds of Juura
D Jukka Amble - 24 - Franz Josef Force
G Thijs Lauritsen - 23 - Holtrecht Islanders

Home games in qualifying will alternate between the Central Hockey Stadium and the Islaydome, starting at the CHS.
CHS in Franz Josef City.
Islaydome, Islay.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Hand out penalties to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
STYLE MODIFIER: +2
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Weatherdon
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Weatherdon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:00 pm

History of Hockey in Weatherdon
Hockey is the main sport in Weatherdon. There are two seasons of hockey; roller and ice. Each league has 16 teams in it, and the main cities have both a roller and an ice league. The defending champions of the WIHL are the Aubany Firebirds, and the reigning champions of the WRHL are the Ambridge Panthers.
Ice Hockey in Weatherdon is a lot different than other countries. Instead of having four lines of forwards and three defensive pairings, there are three lines of each. This means that all players usually have an average of 20 minutes of ice time per game. This allows players to skate around better longer, making them more conditioned for games. There is also no shootout in Weatherdon. Games will go into an extra 20 minute period of time, where the first goal scored is the game winner. If no goal is scored after one period of overtime, there is a second overtime period. This period only lasts 10 minutes, and if there is no goal scored, the game ends in a draw. If it is the post season, then the overtime period has no clock running; the first goal scored ends the game. This shows which team has the “iron lungs.”
Playoff seeds are ranked by division winners (four) and then the next four best teams. Because of this, it is possible for the 13th best team to make it in the playoffs. They then play Best-of-Seven series to determine who moves to the next round.
The winner of the playoffs receives the Konnar Cup, a trophy made from sterling silver. It is approximately three feet tall, and weighs approximately 40 pounds. The trophy is named after the captain of the first official WIHL champions; the Valaerosa Snipes. The runner ups receive the Visirin Bowl, a bowl made from bronze. It holds approximately 1 gallon of liquid, and weighs approximately 10 pounds. The winner of the consolation series receives Lady Cassandra’s Shield, a steel plate-shield used by the first Matriarch of Weatherdon, an avid supporter of the WIHL.

Even-Strength Lines
AJ Toews		Mikhail Tretiak		Brett Michalek		Alekai Thiessan		Vasili Thiessan	
Playmaker Sniper Power Forward Offensive Dman Defensive Dman

Alistair McTare Damien Griffith Matt Carlyle Vladimir Tretiak Johnathon Miren
Sniper Playmaker Power Forward Tough Guy Offensive Dman

Chris James Phillip Mobles Claude Miren Aspen Kimo Roy Sanderson
Grinder Tough Guy Two Way FWD Two Way DEF Defensive

Special Teams
Powerplay:
AJ Toews		Mikhail Tretiak		Damien Griffith		Alekai Thiessan		Johnathon Miren
Playmaker Sniper Playmaker Offensive Offensive

Penalty Kill:
Claude Miren		Brett Michalek		Vasili Thiessan		Roy Sanderson
Two Way FWD Power Forward Defensive Defensive

5 v 3 PK
Phillip Mobles		Vladimir Tretiak	Vasili Thiessan
Tough Guy Tough Guy Defensive

Goalies
Starting goalie: Stephen Drauch; butterfly style
Backup goalie: Jon Riley; stand-up style

RP Permissions
Choose goalscorers: Yes
Choose goal scoring events: Yes
Godmod goal scoring events: No
Penalize players/give game misconducts: Yes, one misconduct (TG before hand)
Injure Players: Minor injuries removing players for a couple shifts, yes (Cuts, bloody noses), Major injuries, no.
Godmod other events: No

Home Arena
Concept of Councillor's Arena, located in Aubany City. 20,182 seats, standing room for approximately 1,500 more. Will most likely be sold out for all home games.
Runner Up - Copa Rushmori IX, XI

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Anarchy

Postby Plutoni » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:30 pm

We're Plutoni and the robots are in italics.

RPers can do whatsoever they want. Most of the team generally doesn't tend to start fights, though will fight back if provoked. Calvor is more likely to instigate stuff.

Style mod 0.

Coach: Kaith Holong (Southeast Giants)

Goaltenders (in priority order, Fozer starts):

#7, Byley Fozer (Downtown Divers) (first tournament)
#2, Bain Kensin (Nuusuburban IHC) (debuted in WCoH 18)

#21, Jonathan Mazinski (Kent Kentmen, Civil Citizenry) (debuted in WCoH 18)

Defenders (left defenders on top):
Line 1:
#3, Tyvmeer Kal (Northern Pinnacles) (first tournament)
#9, Mashir Kletch (Downtown Divers) (5 goals since WCoH 18)

Line 2:
#13, Rodya Andersen (Midtown Monks) (first tournament)
#17, Yvette Huang (Central X-Treme) (1 goal since WCoH 18)
Line 3:
#12, Connor Draven (Northwest Combatants) (first tournament)
#10, Kayra Huse (Southeast Giants) (debuted in CPdO)

Forwards: (left wing, then center, then right)

Line 1:
#15, Pusin Coud (Char Bloodhounds) (8 goals since WCoH 17)
#19, Mevsit Trilum (Downtown Divers) (debuted in WCoH 18)
#4, Resska Luskee (Upper Force) (3 goals since WCoH 18)

Line 2:
#18, Brandle Hethgard (Southeast Giants) (6 goals since WCoH 18)
#14, Greg Dimuse (South Borogoves) (debuted in CPdO)
#1, Myver Logle (Northern Pinnacles) (first tournament)

Line 3:
#8, Bainten Calvor (Eastern Gunners) (first tournament)
#5, Samuel Lawrence (Ventrell Techmen, Civil Citizenry) (3 goals since WCoH 18)
#11, Rumen Elenter (Downtown Cougars) (3 goals since WCoH 17)

Line 4:
#16, Parik Lutosh (Southwest Soarers) (8 goals since WCoH 17)
#20, Stofim Pash (Western Jacks) (7 goals since WCoH 17)

#6, Ivy Tao (West Minotaurs) (first tournament)
Last edited by Plutoni on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Ice Hockey is not the favorite sport in Phoenixia but it is third after football and handball a professional league with 8 teams is fighting every year in a national and regional competition.
The national stadium is playing in New Hope in the Phoenix Railways Arena, the biggest Multifunctional Arena in Phoenixia

Coach: Knut Antonsen

G Petteri Ingolfsson # 99
G Pyry Omdahl # 94
G Ansgar Järvinen # 92
D Erno Lange # 13
D Leif Seppä # 12
D Aadolf Rolvsson # 14
D Juris Dam # 15
D Oskar Lauritsen # 16
D Endre Hagebak # 17
D Jon Raske # 18
LW Gunne Tennfjord # 20
LW Knute Thorirsson # 21
LW Kennet Hall # 22
LW Tapani Skjeggestad # 23
C Jaakkima Spillum # 30
C Ragnar Eriksen # 31
C Mauri Jespersen # 32
C Helge Gulbrandsen # 33
RW Alexander Andersen # 26
RW Elias Knutsen # 27
RW Max Skovgaard # 28
RW Endre Toov # 29

Style Mods: + 2

Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Injure my players N
Godmod injuries N
Godmod other events N

Falconwhereveryouare
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Falconwhereveryouare » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Fights will most likely be ignited by the guys in FL2 and DP2. Others won't fight unless provoked.

Coaches
Head Coach: Ignacio Pervia
Assistant Coach: Markus Obnik
Trainer: Mo'a Ni-tum

(# - Pos- Name - Age)
Forward Line 1

#11 LW Kyle Bosche (34)
#1 C Aaran Ashby (28)
#34 RW Wilhelm von Üshter (31)

A little unusual for the primary line, these three specialize in pesterance and convoluted strategies. They run a quick, high-passing game meant to confuse and confound their foes and slip the puck by the goalie rather than power it through.

Forward Line 2

#25 LW Karl Woflshtag (27)
#5 C Gunter Ingelhommen (33)
#93 RW Albert Jair (18)

The complete opposite of the first line, Karl, Gunter and Albert run a slow and deliberate pressure game. Keep the puck on the other side of the court and kill time with passive possession until a gap arises, then bash through said gap and slam the puck at the goal with all possible force.

Forward Line 3

#15 LW Jeremiah Kucinich (38)
#00 C Constantine Volproppos (37)
#76 RW Hank Boone (36)

What some may call a line of fossils, we call a line of experience. Though none of the players are as sprite and lithe as they were in their youth, they know hockey inside and out. The name of the game here is exploiting younger, inexperienced opponents, leading them into traps and forcing them into gambits any seasoned player would avoid in an instant.

Forward Line 4

#57 LW Rudrick Hoer (19)
#7 C Heinrick Klein (17)
#3 RW Ci-ga Iwa'oa (15)

A strictly backup line drawn from Falconwhereveryouare's youth hockey leagues. Defensively-minded, as they mostly just eat minutes to give the other lines a breather. Ci-ga does have a penchant for dramatic late-game goals, though.

Defensive Pair 1

#65 LD Franz McClain (30)
#56 RD Joseph Üntermensch (33)

Solid defenders who rarely cross to the other half of the ice; their job is to get the puck to the forward line as quick as possible then set up for possible enemy counters.

Defensive Pair 2

#45 LD Drew Schott (35)
#54 RD Damian Jones (28)

Strong, burly guys who can really intimidate others. Work in tandem with FL2 and FL3 to really wear down opponents.

Defensive Pair 3

#78 LD Payne Aldrich (32)
#87 RD Turis von Guelch (30)

Just a pair of regulars. Do their job, not much else.

Goalies
#4 Jeremy Scherzer (28)
#8 Claude Moerest (31)
#12 Ignacio Valentine (22)

Scherzer is the starter, an average goalie; Moerest is another average goalie, used to give Scherzer a rest; and Valentine is a slightly below average goalie but can attack effectively when pulled out of the net.

Home Stadium

Falconwhereveryouare's home games during the group stage will be played in the Crow's Nest (Cap. 18,900) located in the scenic northern city of Umber.

RP Permissions:
Godmod goal scoring events: Yes
Penalize players/give game misconducts: Yes
Injure Players: Yes (No worse than out-for-the-game)
Godmod other events: Yes

Style Mod:
+2.71828
Last edited by Falconwhereveryouare on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Port Hawthorne
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Hawthorne » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Ice Huskies
Representing Port Hawthorne
in international ice hockey competition

Please click here for full roster click here: (Please note that I still have to update points from the last two appearances Port Hawthorne has participated in.)

1st --> # 40 LW			# 19 C			# 53 RW
Timothy Gould (C) Aidan Perkins Michael Warner

2nd --> # 26 LW # 12 C # 18 RW
Liam Hewitt Henry Abbot (A) Franc Balažic

3rd --> # 9 LW # 14 C # 38 RW
Bryan Thornton Nathan Baxter Sam Mackenzie

4th --> # 81 LW # 49 C # 66 RW
Chuck Franklin Dean Flynn Kieran Hart

# 2 LD # 6 RD
Kyle Lavoie Jim Clark

# 23 LD # 4 RD
Lukas Ackerman Dominic Price (A)

# 3 LD # 7 RD
Sjoerd Iverssen Marco Lundqvist

# 1 G
Hayden Adams **

# 30 G
Robert LaGrande

General manager: Toby Benson
Head coach: Kevin Haynes
Assistant coaches: Stephen Marino (Offense), Dominique Chartré (Defense), Robert Hunt (Goalie)
Colours: Black, red, silver and white

Note (**): Hayden Adams is the starting goaltender.

Home Rink: Capital Sporting Multiplex (19,700 hockey)

Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Injure my players Y
Godmod injuries N
RP ejections to my players Y (please TG)
Godmod other events Y

Style modifier: 2.5
Last edited by Port Hawthorne on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Thrilledge WCoH 19 Roster

Lines

Forward Line 1
C: Blastings Thrilledge (C)
RW: Casey Bryant (A)
LW: Matt Bryant

Forward Line 2
C: Dwayne Asselmeyer
RW: Gunner Smalls
LW: Murray Bergeson

Forward Line 3
C: Trevor Fitzgerald
RW: Dustin Gamino (debut)
LW: Rolf Condren

Forward Line 4
C: Cas Robertallia
RW: Corey Sampson
LW: Lloyd Rawson (debut)

Defense Line 1
D: Jack Marlboro
D: Lance Corzdale

Defense Line 2
D: Henry Gustavino
D: Chris Koni (A)

Defense Line 3
D: Shawn Swank
D: Greg Essex (debut)

Goalies
1:Cory Greenspan (Starter)
2 Grover Chauncey

Power Play 1
Blastings Thrilledge
Matt Bryant
Casey Bryant
Gunner Smalls
Chris Koni

Power Play 2
Dwayne Asselmeyer
Rolf Condren
Corey Sampson
Trevor Fitzgerald
Lance Corzdale

Power Play 4v3
Matt Bryant
Casey Bryant
Blastings Thrilledge
Chris Koni

Penalty Kill 1
Matt Bryant
Casey Bryant
Shawn Swank
Jack Marlboro

Penalty Kill 2
Blastings Thrilledge
Rolf Condren
Lance Corzdale
Chris Koni

Penalty Kill 4v3
Matt Bryant
Jack Marlboro
Shawn Swank

Blastings Thrilledge
Casey Bryant
Matt Bryant
Trevor Fitzgerald
Gunner Smalls

Coaches
Head Coach: Matthew Haering
Assistant Coach: Austin Markoe
Head Trainer: Jackson Wallace

MD1: @ Apox
MD2: vs The Gypsies
MD3: @ Byfugland (The Battle of Zollnando)
MD4: vs Thisbia
MD5: @ Thatius
MD6: vs Apox
MD7: @ The Gyspies
MD8: vs Byfugland (Part 2)
MD9: @ Thisbia
MD10: vs Thatius

Covello Federal Credit Union Arena

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Injure my players N
Godmod injuries N
Godmod other events Y

Style Modifier: +3
Last edited by THRILLEDGE on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Iron X Champions
Campionato Esportiva II Champions
Third Place: Campionato Esportiva V
Fouth Place: World Bowl 20
Quarterfinals: World Bowl 19, WBC 24
Round of 16: WBC 21, WBC 23, World Cup of Hockey 18, World Bowl 18

Esportiva

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Style Mods: +1.8
Home Rink: Sorochuk IcePlex (Sorochuk, Vaugania) Capacity: 19,250

Coaching Staff

Head Coach: Micheal Dubinski
Offensive Assistant Coach: Art Rosenberg
Defensive Assistant Coach: Ross Russell
Goaltending Coach: Nicholas Strong

Vaugania Golden Eagles Player Roster

Forward Line 1
55 LW Max Goulding
25 C Tim Burns
48 RW Tomas Alexander (C)

Forward Line 2
3 LW Zacharias Perch
85 C Wilhelm Patrick
14 RW Jurgis Streit (A)

Forward Line 3
10 LW Tomislav Avramenko
62 C Chris Boehler
29 RW Santeri Vrubel

Forward Line 4
60 LW Jarle Hermansen
84 C Volya Stroman
15 RW Mikael Fyodorov

Defensive Pair 1
81 LD Rolf Moravec (A)
23 RD Phillip Sorenson

Defensive Pair 2
50 LD Kusti Holmstrom
11 RD Adam Powers

Defensive Pair 3
88 LD Bill Jameson
53 RD Mathias Beran

Goalies
35 Craig Howard
2 Thor Vacek

Uniforms

Name my scorers Y/N
Godmod scoring events Y/N
Injure my players Y/N They must return with 1 period.
Godmod injuries Y/N
RP ejections to my players Y/N
Godmod other events Y/N
Last edited by Vaugania on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Qazox' roster for WCoH XIX

Postby Qazox » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Another failed attempt to win the Cup. Oh, we're not talking about football, but hockey.

Qazox once gain will try to wrest the title from the ursurpers of Plutoni and Valanora.

Coach: Daniel Flagg
Style: +5

STARTING LINEUP:

G1- #19 Thomas Jekin (Butterfly) 6'2" 218 lbs Lefthanded.
D1- #18 Frank McCanvio (Enforcer) 6'4" 244 lbs Hits hard.
D1- #17 Coby Branch (Clearer) 6'1" 220 lbs Will sacrifice body.
W1- #12 Cam Rice (Checker) 6'2" 217 lbs Quick skater.
C1- #11 Ivan Mzachinov (Sniper) 5' 11" 194 lbs 103 mph slapshot.
W1- #10 Doug Morris (Passer) 6' 0" 201 lbs Great hands.

BENCH:
G2- #13 Harry Buck (Standup) 6'1" 206.
G3- #14 David Mucah (Butterfly) 6'3" 222.
D2- #15 Marco Martinez (Clearer) 6'0 221.
D2- #20 Brian Castro (Checker) 6'3" 231.
D3- #21 Tobias Richardson (Checker) 6'1" 230.
D3- #22 Travis Coples (Tweener) 6'2" 218.
W2- #16 Saul Fischer (Passer) 5'11" 189.
W3- #23 Mark Gelan (Sniper) 6'0" 215.
W4- #24 Wayne McAdams (Checker) 6'3" 233.
W2- #25 Lance Ozranov (Checker) 6'2" 218.
W3- #31 Nathan Holsten (Passer) 5'10" 185.
W4- #26 Harold Ulster (Sniper) 6'1" 214.
C2- #27 Ryan Eanch (Checker) 6'5" 269.
C3- #28 David Wahl (Passer) 6'3" 206.
C4- #29 Greg Monroe (Sniper) 6'1" 214.
D/F- #30 Peter Stepaki (Tweener) 6'0" 217.

POWER PLAY LINES:
PP1- Morris--Mzachinov--Holsten
PP2- Ulster--Wahl--Gelan
PP3- Fischer--Monroe--Stepaki

PENALTY KILL LINES:
PK1- Rice--McAdams
PK2- Ozranov--Eanch

EXTRA SKATER: Stepaki

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS:
D2: Martinez--Castro
D3: Richardson--Coples
Checking: Castro--McCanvio

Name my scorers YES
Godmod scoring events NO
Injure my players YES (no more than 3 and no permanent)
Godmod injuries NO
RP ejections to my players NO
Godmod other events NO

Qazox' home venue for the group stage will be: Ganja Vodka Arena, Lorax City. Cap: 16,057.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Thisbia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Hockey is the main sport in Thisbia. The DTHL is a professional league with 9 teams: Imors Sails, Móruisce Mallards, Treibhrune Seals, Kinnegraad Narwhals, CloggKonn Bones, Bailetraein Frigates, Rathnell Swords, Tine Thuaidh North Fires and Tine Iartharach West Fires. The winner of the playoffs receives the Beith Trophy, a cup made with sterling silver on a birch base. It is 33 inches tall, and weighs approximately 29 pounds. The trophy is named after the national tree.

Style Mods:
+2

Roster:
(# - Pos- Name)

Forward Line 1
#9 C Rory Brannigan (C)
#42 LW: Colman Mullen
#4 RW: Paddy Gallagher

Forward Line 2
#31 C: Conor Shanahan
#51 LW: Malachy Flanagan
#19 RW: Liam O'Reilly

Forward Line 3
#23 C: Eamon O'Reilly
#49 LW: Patrick Murphy
#27 RW: Mick Malone

Forward Line 4
#3 C: Kieran McMillan
#14 LW: Ronan O'Brien
#11 RW: Dermot Callaghan

Defensive Pair 1
#55 LD Colman Mullen
#48 RD Teague O'Sullivan

Defensive Pair 2
#37 LD Fintan McLennan
#12 RD Rory Mc Namara

Defensive Pair 3
#62 LD Finbar Mc Namara
#54 RD Eamon McGlinchy

Goalies
#7 Mick Mac Ateer Starter
#18 Aengus Quinlan

Coaching Staff:
General Manager: Michael McMillan
Head Coach: Lorcan Guinness;
Assistant coaches: Mick Shannon (Offense), Donagh Lynch (Defense), Malachy Keogh (Goalie)

Home Rink:
Aonrann Arena is located in Adhmadgorm, with 19,462 seats.

RP Permissions:
Penalize players/give game misconducts: Yes, one misconduct (TG before hand)
Injure Players: Minor injuries Yes (No worse than out-for-the-game), yes Major injuries, No.
Last edited by Thisbia on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72
_Factbook
_NSTracker
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

A wrongly accused man is always vilified by the ignorant masses. Such a man should fire at will, he is bound to hit something. - Anonymous

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Soviet Canuckistan Roster

Jersey:Image

Background: Hockey is a key element of Canuckistani culture. During the long, cold winters, hockey was often the only way for people to socialize. Arenas and Backyard Rinks are flooded every year for the 30 million organized and recreational hockey players in Soviet Canuckistan. In 1955, the Soviet Canuckistan National Hockey team was founded to bring the best of Soviet Canuckistan's hockey players to the world. This year's team is fast and agile and very rarely incurs penalties, just like the style of hockey in Soviet Canuckistan. After the success of the team in WCOH 18, most of the team is returning with the exception of star goalie Oleg Sybanski who is now returning as a goalie coach for the very young goaltending squad.

Roster:

RW- #3 Stephan Polomaniuk
Team:Moscawa Beavers
Background:Born in the small town of Skabank, Soviet Canuckistan, Stephan became talented at hockey at a young age, at the age of 16, he was drafted into the Second Division of Soviet Canuckistani hockey, a first in Soviet Canuckistan as he was the youngest hockey pro ever there. He quickly began to shine, racking up an impressive 122 points in 75 games. At 17, he was moved up into the First Division where he continues to amaze, with his last season producing 102 points in 75 games.

RW-#82 Sgt. Andrei Petrovski
Team:Red Army Moscawa
Background:Born into an army family, Andrei was used to playing many styles of hockey due to moving around a lot. Whether it was the rough play of the Quebexicans or the agile play of the West, he picked it up quickly and combined the styles to suit his needs. After joining the army at 18, he joined the Red Army team and in his first season racked up 77 points in 55 games. He continues to combine his finesse and physical play and got 93 points in 74 games last season.

RW-#43 Anthony Dubruch
Team:Moronto Spitfires
Background:A fast player, Anthony has continued to defy the experts. Diagnosed with polio as a child, for years he had to walk with a knee brace and thought he could never play hockey again. However, defying the odds, at the age of 15, he was accepted to the prestigious St.Mark's hockey academy and his play excelled from there. However, in his rookie year, he was involved in a car crash, breaking his right femur, after months of recovery, he came back in the ice and finished his rookie year with 10 points in 3 games. This last season, he got 89 points in 75 games.

RW-#31 Julien LaTrappe
Team:Cowgary Cowboys
Background: Born in Laclave, Soviet Canuckistan, Julien has always been under the hockey radar. Not even playing high-level hockey for most of this childhood, at the age of 17, he excelled and was drafted into a Second Division team. From there he stayed a fourth-liner but in his sixth season, defied predictions and began to become a point-a-game player and was quickly introduced to the elite play of the First Division at the ripe age of 24, a late start for many First Division player. Last year, with the Cowboys, he acquired 85 points in 75 games.

LW-#7 Koos van Key
Team:Iqualuit Fighting Narwhals
Background:Born to a farm family, hockey was the second biggest activity after harvesting in his tiny community. He quickly outpaced the skill of the rural leagues and at the age of 12 had to move to the large city of Deadmonton to continue his quest for hockey glory. After getting out of high school, he played for a college team in Moscawa before at the age of 22, was drafted to the Fighting Narwhals. As one of the veterans on the team, he'll lead the young players to the international stage.

LW-#13 Ian Ioeusci
Team:Potcouver Pirates
Background:Born to the family of one of the founders of the largest insurance company in Soviet Canuckistan, Ian always could have the best hockey equipment. In only his second year of pro hockey, Ian was chosen to help represent Soviet Canuckistan on the world stage, one of the youngest ever to represent SC in hockey.Playing for the Potcouver Pirates in his rookie year, he excelled, marking 100 points in 75 games.

LW-#94 Paul Farnsworth
Team:Deadmonton Zombies
Background:Also an accomplished baseball player, Paul is an all-around athlete. Born into a sport-loving family, Paul was introduced to many sports at a young age and excelled at most of them. An accomplished hockey player, last season he got 90 points in 72 games.

LW-#86 Corey Smith
Team:Qualifax Whalers
Background:Born into a family of fishermen, Corey hardly had anytime for hockey.However, in the time he did have he excelled and as soon as he turn 18, he quit the family business and began to play hockey. He rose throughout the ranks, quickly becoming a first line player for the Whalers. Last season, he scored 82 points in 67 games.

C-#28 Andrew Pollock
Team:St. Beaversburg Rougnecks
Background:One of Soviet Canuckistan's greatest stars, Andrew will be someone to watch. After a stellar year in 2009-2010, setting an SCPHL scoring record with 142 points in 75 games, he's been propelled to stardom. With numerous endorsement deals, he's a household name in Soviet Canuckistan. Last season he scored 135 points in 74 games, making it one of his best seasons to date.

C-#46 Vitali Peunov
Background:An excellent all-around center. Vitali plays good ofensively and almost as well defensively. One of the nation's best players he achieved a stellar 122 points in 75 games last season.

C-#23 Vyecheslav Mistrenko
Team:St.Beaversburg Roughnecks
Background:Even though he's on the third line, he's a force to be reckoned with. With a play style similar to that of his teammate Andrew Pollock, he's a scoring machine. Last year, he scored 58 times, making him one of only 12 Canuckistanis to score more than 50 goals in a season and the only one to do it twice in a row.

C-#11 Heinz Kampf
Team:Qualifax Whalers
Background:From a poor immigrant family, Heinz overcame poverty to become famous. Living in the poor village of Hiblini, there was only one skating rink in the town and due to being bullied, he often hardly got any time on the arena, however his father made a small one where his practiced his skills to become one of Soviet Canuckistan's best. In his past season, he got 92 points in 74 games, a true accomplishment for a child of poverty.

RD-#56 Alessandro Virilini
Team:Cowgary Cowboys
Background:A young star in Canuckistani hockey, with his physical style of play, has earned him the nickname "The Bulldozer." Often compared to Andrew Pollock, and considered his equivalent in defence, this rookie has skill beyond his age. With an impressive 56 assists last year and 74 points, he'll be someone to watch.

RD-#90 Alexander Langdon
Team:Tunguska Patriots
Background:The youngest on the team, this kid has something to prove. A tank on the ice, heavy but fast, his physical style of play is unparalleled. In 75 games, he managed to assist 52 goals and scored 10 for a total of 62 points.

RD-#14 Sergei Plovin
Team:HC Chevo
Background: Born in the mountains of Canuckistan, Sergei learned about the winter sports at a young age. By the age of 10, he was playing teenagers in organized hockey and excelled. He was drafted first overall by HC Chevo at the age of 18 and has been there ever since. At 30, he's one of the older members and a veteran for the defencemen.

LD-#21 Andre Plamondon-Piquette
Team:Duntreal Revolution(Soviet Quebexico)
Background:The only player to play on a Quebexican team, he's a rarity on the team. Despite the war which tore through his homeland, he's in top shape for the cup. With fast reflexes, he can take any situation and make it to his advantage with his speed. A good helper for the team's scorers, he got 55 assists in 75 games last year.

LD-#66 Pieter Sijeppe
Team:Potcouver Pirates
Background: A young player from Potcouver, Pieter is for sure a talented player. His quick acceleration help him get back to the point quickly after scoring chances so to not put his team in jeopardy. Last year, with the Pirates, he racked up and impressive 52 assists in only 65 games.

LD-#77 Sven Persson
Team:Camelton Sand Devils(Field Hockey)
Background:Playing out of the hot desert city of Camelton, Sven's best sport isn't ice hockey. Growing up for most of his childhood playing field hockey, his field hockey coach showed him ice hockey. After lacing up a pair of skates, he took to the ice easily and progressed to the point where he now represents Soviet Canuckistan on the international stage.

G-#1 Kyle Prefontaine
Team:Iqualuit Fighting Narwhals
Background:From a hockey playing family, Prefontaine followed in his father's footsteps to glory. His butterfly style of play is one of the best in Soviet Canuckistan and his blocker hand unparalleled. With a GAA of only 1.67 in 75 games last season with 63 wins, this will be one of the goalies to watch.

G-#32 Viktor Albanski
Team:Esov Thunder
Background: Following Oleg Sybanski's retirement from hockey, Albanski was ready to take his place as the only newcomer to the national team. With his last season's GAA of 1.97 and with 58 wins, Albanski brings more youth to a very youthful WCOH 19 team.

Head Coach:Vanier Oloski
Background: A celebrity and the best known Canuckistani hockey player. He holds 12 records in Canuckistani hockey such as most goals scored ever(910) and most points in a season(172). He's now a hockey commentator and of course the head coach for the Soviet Canuckistan national team.

Assistant Coach:George Kino
Team:St. Beaversburg Roughnecks

Assistant Coach:John Smith
Team:Duntreal Revolution(Soviet Quebexico)

Assistant Coach:Alexei Cabrel
Team:Red Army Moscawa

Goaltending Coach:Oleg Sybanski
Team: Red Army Moscawa

Lines:
Forward Line #1:van Key-Pollock-Polomaniuk
Forward Line #2:Ioeusci-Peunov-Petrovski
Forward Line #3:Farnsworth-Mistrenko-Dubruch
Forward Line #4:Smith-Kampf-LaTrappe

Defence Line #1:Plamondon-Virilini
Defence Line #2:Sijeppe-Langdon
Defence Line #3:Persson-Plovin

Starting Goalie:Prefontaine

PK Forward Line One:van Key-Pollock
PK Forward Line Two:Peunov-Polomaniuk

PK Defence Line One:Plamondon-Virilini
PK Defence Line Two:Sijeppe-Langdon

5 vs. 3 Forward Line One:Pollock
5 vs. 3 Forward Line Two:van Key-Peunov

5 vs. 3 Defence Line One:Plamondon-Virilini
5 vs. 3 Defence Line Two:Sijeppe

Powerplay lines same as default lines

Stadia:The Sailfish International Airlines Center(Cap. 42,000) will play host to the games, with access to public transport and located in the scenic Moscawa River Valley.

Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events:Keep it realistic, no lacrosse shots
Injure my players N
Godmod injuries N
RP ejections to my players N
Godmod other events: Keep it realistic

Style:+1
Last edited by Soviet Canuckistan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Soviet Quebexico
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Quebexico » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Soviet Quebexico National Ice Hockey Team Roster

Jersey:

Background: Hockey has always been a tradition in Soviet Quebexico. The long winters of Quebexico have always brought together communities large and small to enjoy and socialize on the rink. After independence in 2011, Soviet Quebexico quickly formed its own hockey team to represent it on the international stage.

Roster:

C- #22 Bernard Blanchette
C- #73 Benoît Lyrette
C- #62 Luc Fecteau
C- #41 Julien Martin
RW-#28 André Violette
RW- #76 Antoine Drapeau
RW- #7Alfred Godin
RW- #6 Julien Parizeau
LW-#9 Isaac Comtois
LW- #82 Antoine Legault
LW- #56 Jacques Charland
LW- #24 Emmanuel Bilodeau
RD-#12 Augustin Vaillancourt
RD- #98 Thomas Drainville
RD- #23 Richard Chapman
LD- #67 Serge Boulet
LD- #45 Frédéric Tellier
LD- #13 Christophe Major
G- #1 Marc Routhier
G- #4 Xavier Arguin

Coach:Thibaut Valiquette

Offensive Coach:Raymond Babin

Defensive Coach:Hugues Lessard

Goalie Coach:Roland Caron

Stadia:Revolution Center (Cap: 20,000)
Last edited by Soviet Quebexico on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:57 pm

The Maklohi Vai roster for the 19th edition of the World Cup of Hockey:

Style Mod:-5 (helps to have goalie as wide as the net)

Roster:
(# - Pos- Name)

Forward Line 1
#9 C Alo Utu'urapanai (C)
#42 LW: Ritu Makaipani
#4 RW: Nilu Moipanai

Forward Line 2
#31 C: Mo'alo Mowalai
#51 LW: Malachy Flanagan
#19 RW: Liam O'Reilly

Forward Line 3
#23 C: Muto Panakai
#49 LW: Palo Runomai
#27 RW: Muwao Nilopawai

Forward Line 4
#3 C: Kimo Laopani
#14 LW: Mopao Kuropai
#11 RW: Kolao Namopoi

Defensive Pair 1
#55 LD Moko Romokanapai
#48 RD Luto Omapai

Defensive Pair 2
#37 LD Nuko Melopai
#12 RD Roru Lanipoi

Defensive Pair 3
#62 LD Wano Mopa'ai
#54 RD Noulo Rulopanai

Goalies
#7 Nulo Makaopai (Starter)
#18 Ailo Malakapanai

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Kimo Nalapanai
Assistant coaches: Wakono Makai (Offense), Numuro Lopani (Defense), Turno Kaplani (Goalie+Strength)

Home Rink:
Amakai Arena is located in Kolo Lahi, with 15,608 seats.

RP Permissions:
Choose goalscorers: No
Penalize players/give game misconducts: no
Injure Players: No worse than out-for-the-game
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 pm

The New Ice Dragons (All Dwarf)

Do anything you like
Style -2 defensive if applicable

Head Coach

Line 1
RW 10 Rasthic Silverhammer
C 20 Korin Steelhammer
LW 30 Barim Thunderpick

Line 2
RW 11 Toain Bronzebeard
C 21 Bazbar Anvilcrafter
LW 31 Tomu Thunderhelm

Line 3
RW 12 Naldrirr Strongspear
C 22 Thifthic Flameheart
LW 32 Toin Onyxshadow

Line 4
RW 13 Dwallo Orcspike
C 23 Gamdal Oakhand
LW 33 Maear Thunderfoot

Pair 1
D 40 Thoradthal Silveroath
D 50 Azagurn Hammerfist

Pair 2
D 41 Theoseg Rockblade
D 51 Dangim Blackpick

Pair 3
D 42 Kildal Firefist
D 52 Agamm Strongfoot

Goalies
G 60 Kardin Shalecarver
G 61 Geto Thunderback
G 62 Fartak Ogreslayer
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:57 am

THE MAPLETISH UNION NATIONAL TEAM [ICE-HOCKEY]
" THE MINNOWS "

Ice-hockey has started to pick up the heat soon after a string of outstanding performances and promotions of the sport in the Union for the past few years.Although it still has a long way to go as compared to sports like Association Football in which the team sits in the top 50 of the world rankings,their ice hockey counterparts struggled to make a lasting impact on the international ice hockey scene.Having reached the 30th ranking in the World Ranking coming out as one of their closest and highest ranking ever achieved.

Shaping up the squad from the previous World Cup Of Hockey,the team was revamped following a decision from the Mapletish Sports Congress to change the way the team is run,this also meant that the previous players that starred for Mapletish were all re-accessed and re-selected to account for one of the biggest ice hockey national teams reforms ever.This also meant for a change in the head coach with a 5 member panel on deciding the new head coach.A lot might have been done here but what's left is the doing the talking on the ice rink this time round.

Kit

Following the revamp of the team,the kits are also changed from the old white kit to the red and gold kit with bits of grey to show the fiery and desire as the team once again tries to make their way into the ice hockey international scene with a swing in action.

COACHES:
Head - Faron Wilson
Assistant - Parker Rolph

LINE ONE:
LW Hugh Morty
C Wystan Colby
RW Andie Ferdie

LINE TWO:
LW Petter de Vries
C Rad Nebu
RW Franz Pettersen

LINE THREE:
LW Roly Nat
C Patsy Julyan
RW Tel Benjamin

LINE FOUR:
LW Lindy Adolph
C Asher Marion
RW Joel Royal

PAIR ONE:
D Josef Reginar
D Harry Joels

PAIR TWO:
D Maarten Skertel
D Jari von Evenvelde

PAIR THREE:
D Ronald Hammond
D Layton Xavior

GOALKEEPERS:
G Raek Danzel
G Oliver Skahr
G Eviuneer Guenia

BENCH:
C Augustine Shanon
RW Osbourne Reginald
LW Chance Mathew
D Bailey Weston
D Homer Archibald
G Liurestan Shaya

All home games alternate between the newly built Nacional Ice-Hockey Stadia and the Ice Dome both located at Struggait City.

Nacional Ice-Hockey Stadia

Ice Dome

RP Permissions:

Name my scorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Injure my players N
Godmod injuries N
Godmod other events Y

it is best to TG me before you do anything crazy,and i reserve the right of lightening the injury that might be Rped in the previous Rp into my own Rp.

Style Modifier: +5
Last edited by Mapletish on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Somewhere in the Qazoxian Hockey Federation:

Alpha: "Again? Damn. Just because we won a WCoH title 25 and 30 years ago doesn't mean we have to keep showing up for it every damn time."

Omega: "Well we're the only team to have shown up for all of them so far, why stop that streak?"

Alpha: "Uh, beacuse we're not the powerhouse team from back then anymore? And besides we have to deal with those Stupid freaking Plutonian Robots and damn Valanoran Elves."

Omega: "That's why we have to keep showing up. We're the only team that beat those two, and keep them from making this event a duopoly."

Alpha: "And when's the last time we beat eithe of those two teams, huh? Not to mention that Cotdelapoms and Polar Islandstates and even Gyatso-kai have surpassed us in talent and skill."

Omega: "Ok, I'll make a deal with you. If Qazox fails to reach at least the quarterfinals, then for the 20th World Cup of Hockey, we'll do it your way. But if they do reach the quarterfinals or further, then we do it my way. Sound fair?"

Alpha: "Fine, I can deal with that."
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Sicoutimont
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicoutimont » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 am

Les Royales at WC of Hockey 19
Hockey. Sicoutimont's favourite sport. Just go downtown St-Simeon, Rue de Etoile, and count the shops carrying jerseys, the hockey bars, and the baseball caps with their favourite teams logo on it. So whenever Sicoutimont plays a game at the WCoH, be it even a home match, which sold out before we even knew who Sicoutimont would be playing. So here's the roster, and let's hope this team does great..

Forward Units
F1 JP Dandenault, 6'2-Maurice Rolloton, 6'1-Jean-Luc Desjardins, 6'2
F2 Gaspard Richard 6'1-Pierre D'Etoile, 6'3-Hugo Armada, 6'4
F3 Alexandre St. Laurier 6'5-Vincent Tremblay, 6'2-Xavier Oullet, 6'3
F4 Benoit Archambault 6'3-Gullieme Lalond, 6'2-Guy Labaie, 6'4
EXTRA Charles Sarualon, 6'1

Defensive Pairings
D1 Seamus Sinclair, 6'4-Loic Lenouvre, 6'5
D2 Julio Archambault, 6'11-Yves Lapierre, 6'7
D3 Arnold St-Laurent, 6'2-Archibald Laurentine, 6'5
EXTRA Laurier Charles, 6'5
Goaltenders
SG Etienne Goubert, 6'3
BG Louis Lefay, 6'1

Special Teams
PP1 Richard-Rolloton-Armada
Sinclair-Lapierre
PP2 Dandenault-Lalond-Desjardins
Archambault-Lenouvre
PK1 St. Laurier-Tremblay
Sinclair-Lenouvre
PK2 Desjardins-Rolloton
Archambault-Laurentine

Staff
Coach: Michel Nillonier
Asst. Coach: Guy Bouchard
Asst. Coach: Herbert Girard
Trainer: Dr. Gabriel Dumas
General Manager: Benoit Tremblay
Owners: The Government of Sicoutimont

Other Info
Arenas:
Arena 200, Ville de St-Simeon.
Arena Tigres, Ville Lac-Drouin
Arene Sicoutimont, Ville Riviere St-Denis

Style Mod: Coach Nillonier's team plays hard offense. Style Mod=+4.5

RP Perms
Name my scorers Y/N Y, for RP purposes the 1st and 3rd lines are scoring lines.
Godmod scoring events Y/N Y, but not too unrealistic (And the kitten fell onto the puck, and the ref says it's a goal!)
Injure my players Y/N Y, for duration of tournament only please.
Godmod injuries Y/N N
RP ejections to my players Y/N Y, no suspensions.
Godmod other events Y/N Y

Team Preview
Offense
JP Dandenault and Jean-Luc Desjardins look to headline this Royales team. The first and 3rd scoring lines are filled with players who can and will score 30 goals in the SHL, with some of them already doing it. While a rookie in his first year with Baie-Eternite, Desjardins scored 25 goals to lead the league. After 3 seasons, he already has 72 goals. That's against his fellow countrymen. Will his production hold up overseas against the best players in the World?

Defense
Lenouvre and Sinclair. After the former's trade to Cote-Manicougan, they play together each game, and it was no surprise that they are paired up for team Sicoutimont. These 2 will lead the defense, but what about Julio Archambault? The 6'11 defender has played a season in the SHL where he could have won rookie of the year, defensemen of the year, and the Lafayette Cup. He ended up winning only the RotY award. Can he toss around the foreigners like he did his countrymen? His height gives him a big advantage, even on this team. He's taller than the next player by 4 inches. It'll be hard to get around this man, especially if he's at his best.

Goaltending
Goubert will start 75% of the games for Les Royales. 3 times in a row top Goalie, with Edmunston and Ile de Loup, and 1 Lafayette Cup gives him the job over Tigres goalie Louis Lefay. Maybe the most hyped prospect ever, Lefay had an all right season with Les Tigres, going 21-15-5 as starter.

Overall, this team looks solid on paper. But will it be enough to contend for a World Cup of Hockey title?
Democratic Green Republic of Sicoutimont
Population: 110,500,000 | Capital: Lac-Drouin | Language: Sicoutian | Country Code: SIC

Under the wise leadership of Chairman Alphonse Pomeroy we will brighten our future!

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 am

GOALIES
Jean-Claude Gorges (Burnaby MLHC)
Joseph Akin (Dinamo Lupinissia)
Lewis Belani (Breton Emeralds)

DEFENCEMEN
Sven Stefanovic (Neorvins Wolves)
Rob Fletcher (Kirkenes Dragons)
Stéphane Lefèvre (CS Val d'Argent)
Frédéric Arnal (Colwyn HC)
Colin Calderwood (Internationale Latrobe) A
Josh Mulroney (Mazinaw Knights)
Louis Guillemot (Olympique Langlois)
Kevin Sheridan (Breton Emeralds)

FORWARDS
Pierre Dubois (Burnaby MLHC)
Phillip Adams (Dinamo Lupinissia)
Joseph Burne (Red Star Clayquot)
Séverin Jeanne (CH Outineau) C
Harry White (Kirkenes Dragons)
Ben Connaught (Internationale Latrobe)
Mike Wernbloom (Breton Emeralds)
Marko Russlund (Jokerit Arvika)
Tyler Jones-Bailey (Kenora Thistles)
Shaun O'Leary (Partisans Clayquot)
Leigh Blunt (Fraser Valley HC)
Evan Chong (Burnaby MLHC)
Gilles Neuchellet (CS Laval)
Kyle Koszciusko (Fraser Valley HC)

TYPICAL LINES/PAIRS
Jeanne/White/Dubois
Wernbloom/White/Chong
Russlund/Connaught/Neuchellet
O'Leary/Jones-Bailey/Blunt

Stefanovic/Calderwood
Arnal/Mulroney
Guillemot/Lefèvre

FIRST-CHOICE POWERPLAY UNIT
Russlund-Bavarillo-Jeanne
Mulroney-Arnal

FIRST-CHOICE PENALTY KILLERS
O'Leary-White-Stefanovic-Lefèvre

You may choose the scorers and assign anything less than or equal to to a major penalty. This is international hockey; the players will only fight in exceptional circumstances. Don't get specific about injuries or how badly they're injured and ask me if there's anything you think I might want to know about what you're having my players do.

VENUES
Polaris Arena, Latrobe (20,200) - vs. Yesopalitha
Colisée de Saint-Rémy (16,300) - vs. Boring Paradise
Northlands Coliseum, Vickery (17,300) - vs. Filopines
Air Kelssek Centre, Kirkenes (18,800) - vs. Free South Califas
Centre Belle, Outineau (22,000) - vs. Saugeais

All of the above cities have NSwiki pages if desired for setting reference.
Last edited by Kelssek on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:20 am

SAUGEAIS NATIONAL HOCKEY TEAM
"THE WOLVES"

Style mod: -3

Head Coach: Joaquin Benoit

Home Ice: Saugeais National Sports Arena (cap. 15,000)

Starters:
GK - Alberico Rey - Age 27 (Ville-DuPont Foxes)
DF - Roydon Allard - Age 25 (Les Alliés Huskies)
DF - Keaton Acconci - Age 31 (Montbenoit Delphis)
LW - Val Carl - Age 26 (Riverside Ducks)
RW - Kerr School - Age 25 (Montbenoit Delphis)
C - Melchiorre Hepburn - Age 28 (Dynamo Metalton)

Subs:

GK - Merrick Jacobson - Age 25 (Dudlek Penguins)
GK - Logan Alland - Age 29 (Walldrew Wings)

DF - Vespasien Durand - Age 30 (Chaux Saugeain)
DF - Gerry Wolf - Age 23 (Riverside Ducks)
DF - Beau Holme - Age 26 (Bugny Timberwolves)
DF - Amaury Martel - Age 24 (Montbenoit Delphis)

LW - Renzo Bordelon - Age 26 (Walldew Wings)
LW - Pacey Cooper - Age 25 (Ville-DuPont Foxes)

RW - Bryon Davidson - Age 25 (Arçon Avalanche)
RW - Liam Cookson - Age 27 (Longview Lightning)

C - Raoul Burke - Age 30 (Les Alliés Huskies)
C - Pavel Woodward - Age 24 (Dudlek Penguins)

Name my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Injure my players: Yes, within reason
Godmod injuries: N
RP ejections to my players: Yes, one max per game
Godmod other events Y
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads