NATION

PASSWORD

NSSports Cricket Discussion Thread (OOC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 am

My apologies to Liventia in particular, but also to Chelta for not RPing very much over the last few matches. Time and inspiration has been hitting me hard at the moment, I spend most of my days revising and when I'm not I just haven't enjoyed making cricket scorecards. My apologies, and I hope to find time to RP games soon.

(Also, apologies for posting this originally in the IC thread, I was certain it was the RP thread until I posted.)
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 am

Liventia wrote:
Schiavonia wrote:On a side note, Liventia, I don't believe that Jeckland was putting words into your mouth. He is simply phrasing possible arguments and counter arguments.

"To counter your inevitable counter argument" is plainly saying "this is what you're going to say so here's a rebuttal". If that isn't trying to put words in my mouth…
Schiavonia wrote:Putting words into someone's mouth is accusing someone of saying something that they, in fact, have not, which is not what Jeckland did. If you would like me to cite an example of what is, then I would say you accusing Jeckland of putting words into your mouth, when Jeckland has actually done no such thing.

Ah, so saying something someone else did something they might not have done, rather than actually saying someone else said something they might not have done, is putting words in their mouth? News to me.
Schiavonia wrote:I know you put a lot of work into the GCF, and you are a long-established part of the NS Sport community, but if you consider someone to be speaking down to you (which, for the record, I believe you took what was said the wrong way), please be a bit more mature about it. It will only harm the GCF if anyone thinking of joining in sees the President arguing with people in such an uncivilised manner. I'm glad we're back on track now, though.

We can do this all day. I'll always stick up for my best interests and the best interests of every organisation I run. Are we back on track? If we are why would you bring it up again?

Schiavonia wrote:I think the problem is not only being able to only schedule future tests officially before they have RPed, but also not being able to organise future series of less than three tests. So a new user comes along, able to organise a one-off and a series of two. Then some more new users come along, but the slots for one or two tests are already taken, and so they are left hanging around unable to play, while the original newcomers can't organise longer series because the established nations have already taken all of the slots for longer series. All it ends up doing is leaving people who want to get involved unable to do so.

At least Jeckland did suggest alternatives. I would appreciate a few suggestions instead of simply a broad "there's a problem, you need to change it" complaint. I'm unwilling to completely say it's free scheduling for anyone regardless of their contributions to RP. Jeckland's suggestion is certainly feasible to trial – how useful/successful it will be is up in the air. Darmen's goes the other way and is more restrictive than currently, which I'm unwilling to do. So do you have any ideas?

I would argue further, but the answers to your rebuttals were in the first statement I made. I have highlighted the relevant sections. In the case of having any ideas, these were picked up on by another poster, so I have no need to reiterate them.

Also, I will be away for a few days, so will not be able to RP. Whether or not I do after that depends upon whether or not my interest has piqued again. I hope that now WCQ is out of that way, it will do so.
Last edited by Schiavonia on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wray
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wray » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am

For all future tours to Wray (that includes Macquerrie's & TNV's), the visiting association will be offered a tour game against the Cartersburg Greens, an invitational side similar to England's MCC. In that vein, the side will feature a few foreign players who are available to play. So, I'd like to ask all associations if they have any players they'd be willing to let play for the Cartersburg Greens. They can be anything from First-Class trundlers to Test superstars (perhaps a young talent looking to make a mark, or an old test veteran looking for one last knock-about).

TG me any suitable players, ta.

Wray
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wray » Sat May 03, 2014 12:07 am

Match Report: The Nihilistic view in Wray
The Nihilistic view bat first
The Nihilistic view 451/5d (221.4 overs)
Wray 148 (35.0 overs), follow-on 254 (66.4 overs)
The Nihilistic view win by an innings and 49 runs

Wow, Margaret hit the bottle pretty hard last night...at home, with (I assume) a superior RP bonus...damn...

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 pm

2nd ODI Challenge Cup Signups are open!

Just so you all know, there will be ranks for this which I will make tomorrow.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Damukuni Forms Domestic Cricket Board

Postby Damukuni » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 pm

I'd be extremely interested in an IPL-like club cricket league...

I'd like to announce the formation of the BCCD (Board of Control for Cricket in Damukuni) to formulate a domestic T20 (at least) team, and to provide a governing foundation for my domestic championship, the Damukuni Premier League T20.

You may find updates for DPL on my newswire, DSN (Damukuni Sport Network).
Last edited by Damukuni on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:04 am

Damukuni wrote:I'd be extremely interested in an IPL-like club cricket league...

I'd like to announce the formation of the BCCD (Board of Control for Cricket in Damukuni) to formulate a domestic T20 (at least) team, and to provide a governing foundation for my domestic championship, the Damukuni Premier League T20.

You may find updates for DPL on my newswire, DSN (Damukuni Sport Network).

We've attempted one before (albeit 50-overs, not a T20 version). It's a lot of logistics to run, mostly in the draft. Others have attempted individual T20 super leagues (e.g. the Gruenberg Premier League) but those haven't got far.
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:05 am

Слава Україні!

Wray
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wray » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:24 pm

I've got my domestic T20 back up and running, and I'd dearly love some International players. Just drop me a TG if you've got some players kicking around wanting some quality cricket action. I've got 16 International slots, so three or four per nation would be super.

Ta.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:30 am

I was thinking that GCF Test season 6 would be soon-ish, probably January to coincide with the RL World Cup. Before then, would there be some appetite for another of my ODI trophies?
Слава Україні!

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:02 am

Liventia wrote:I was thinking that GCF Test season 6 would be soon-ish, probably January to coincide with the RL World Cup. Before then, would there be some appetite for another of my ODI trophies?

Put me down as potentially. Suffering from the usual suspects of a lack of time and inspiration right now, but that could change relatively soon.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Wray
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wray » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:20 am

Liventia wrote:I was thinking that GCF Test season 6 would be soon-ish, probably January to coincide with the RL World Cup. Before then, would there be some appetite for another of my ODI trophies?

The Green Caps would definitely be up for a knock-about.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 pm

I'd be interested in a one-day trophy, and I like January as a time for GCF Season 6 - even if I personally may be a bit busy. The added bonus is the WC will probably be nearing a close then, so we can run it straight through the football "off-season"
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Interested in both but can't commit to either. If I'm passed over for the ODI thing based on that, I wouldn't be offended.
"Do you mean "coming out"...as a Guardian reader would understand the term?"

Farlandria
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Farlandria » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:55 am

Is there any way for new teams to join?

Dot Ball
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dot Ball » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Glad to see that cricket is alive and well hereabouts. Will there be an event opening soon (perhaps after holidays)?

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Farlandria wrote:Is there any way for new teams to join?

Yes, always a "Sign-up" thread is opened before the start of the tournament, you can join by just writing "in".
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:06 pm

San Jose Guayabal wrote:
Farlandria wrote:Is there any way for new teams to join?

Yes, always a "Sign-up" thread is opened before the start of the tournament, you can join by just writing "in".

Not always, especially in cricket – there are quite a few invitational tournaments (in the strictest sense of the word).

There seems to be enough appetite for a one-day competition to fill the current gap so watch for telegram invites in the next few days if you've expressed an interest.
Слава Україні!

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:37 am

I would really like a ODI trophy especially after the ODI Challenge cup being abandoned and all.
]

Damukuni
Diplomat

Postby Damukuni » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Apox wrote:I'm up for pretty much anything, abut would be particularly interested in some international tournaments (T20 especially) and an IPL like international league.

I might also be able to help with the running of this, I believe xkorinate has a cricket scorinator in it though I don't know if its any good. MAybe electing a chairman like in football to run sometihng for a season/competition would be good as that would help to ensure continuity.

Yes, xkoranate does have a T20 and ODI cricket scorinator, and I field-tested it by running a mock "Damukuni Premier League" in my nation. The test went pretty well. (Although it was Windows, I use Linux now and don't know if the Linux source tarball is updated.)
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:55 pm

Damukuni wrote:
Apox wrote:I'm up for pretty much anything, abut would be particularly interested in some international tournaments (T20 especially) and an IPL like international league.

I might also be able to help with the running of this, I believe xkorinate has a cricket scorinator in it though I don't know if its any good. MAybe electing a chairman like in football to run sometihng for a season/competition would be good as that would help to ensure continuity.

Yes, xkoranate does have a T20 and ODI cricket scorinator, and I field-tested it by running a mock "Damukuni Premier League" in my nation. The test went pretty well. (Although it was Windows, I use Linux now and don't know if the Linux source tarball is updated.)

You do realise the post you quoted was from July 2012?
Слава Україні!

Damukuni
Diplomat

Postby Damukuni » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:41 am

Liventia wrote:You do realise the post you quoted was from July 2012?

Believe it or not, yes, I do. I also believe the point still holds valid. The T20 and ODI scorinator element didn't disappear, did it?
Anyway, it seems we've gotten a bit OT here in this thread. Let's bring it back around.

I assume there is still somewhat of a general interest in (re)forming the non-Test cricket leagues? If so, I would suggest a special convention (in a different thread) to test the waters and garner an (IC) interest in the sport. I'm sure there are other nations who would run to us if we put our heads together and advertised a well-organized tournament or league.

(Or, someone could just throw a signup thread in the air, of course!)
Last edited by Damukuni on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:10 am

What is it you're actually looking for? There is an ODI tournament ongoing right now. The Test season is probably next, dependent on host availability. Then there might another World T20.

There is a reasonable level of cricket in NS sports, and there is nothing that needs "reforming". If you want to host/scorinate a cricket tournament of your own, feel free: you don't need the GCF's sign-off to do so.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 am

If any of you have sports teams needing sponsors, please sign up HERE.
Could be your national team, or a UICA or MPL domestic club, or any kind of athlete or sports club. Spread the word. Kenega is a puppet of mine.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Gruenberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gruenberg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:03 am

Is anyone interested in a small bilateral series over the Christmas period? I realize we don't normally schedule such things but I will be busy in the New Year and would like to do a little cricket RP while I have the chance. I can scorinate, and we can negotiate how exactly to organize it by TG, but it'll probably be a 5-ODI, 3-T20 tour of Gruenberg, depending on details and availability.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports