NATION

PASSWORD

The World Cup Discussion Thread (OOC, version III)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Bandwagon wrote::(
It' a sad day for NS Sports.
Hopefully we'll be alright without Saintland or this could be the start of a slow death for NS Sports. :(

Umm. No. We won't die and if this does die at least I am In connection with other forums.

Anyway, nicely, there are 10's of group people/nations that makes this forum what it is today, 2013 is different to 2014. Maybe because I started NSSport in 2013. But this year it seemed like there was a lot of new nations coming in. Can someone relate to me?

But...no, NSSports won't die it is just wounded... it will get better!
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Hopefully we'll be alright without Saintland or this could be the start of a slow death for NS Sports. :(

NS Sports is bigger than any one person, as cliché as that sounds. A few people leaving, no matter how well-loved they are, won't kill the community and its traditions.

For example, most of the important sporting nations from when I first joined in summer 2010 (Newmanistan, ASMV, Dancougar, Sarzonia, Delaclava, Sorthern Northland, Qazox, etc.) are now gone, but the community is as strong as ever today.
Last edited by Cosumar on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Cosumar wrote:

NS Sports is bigger than any one person, as cliché as that sounds. A few people leaving, no matter how well-loved they are, won't kill the community and its traditions.

For example, most of the important sporting nations from when I first joined in summer 2010 (Newmanistan, ASMV, Dancougar, Sarzonia, Delaclava, Sorthern Northland, Qazox, etc.) are now gone, but the community is as strong as ever today.

And does anyone even remember Snub Nose 38 and Total N Utter Insanity anymore?
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Legalese
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Legalese » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Rejistania wrote:
Cosumar wrote:

In before someone replies "Hey, wasn't TnUI in the last couple of World Cups?" and misses the spelling.

Also, Snubby's legacies include a few things, like the role I referenced earlier (a non-host helming the WCC during the hosts-only era), as well as the reference book of things that was, in a way, the first codified rules to make up a constitution for the WCC.

And, well, of course, the whole Margaret thing. I think Snub Nose's legacy will endure on that alone, even if not in his own name.

Point being that there's always be some sort of legacy for those who make a mark on the World Cup, even those who do their damnest to write themselves out of it. And yet, we'll somehow manage, as we're known to do ;)
Host/Co-Host of:
World Cup XXII and LXVIII
Cup of Harmony XI and XIII
Baptism of Fire IX, XIV, XV, XVI, XLII, LII
The Inaugural CAFA Cup
AOCAF Cup V and XXXIV

Winner of Cup of Harmony 55 and Jeremy Jaffacake Jamboree II
Anaia: Like all the best ideas, this is moving from "lampoon" to
"take seriously" rather quickly

(H/T to Mertagne)

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Legalese wrote:
Rejistania wrote:

In before someone replies "Hey, wasn't TnUI in the last couple of World Cups?" and misses the spelling.

Also, Snubby's legacies include a few things, like the role I referenced earlier (a non-host helming the WCC during the hosts-only era), as well as the reference book of things that was, in a way, the first codified rules to make up a constitution for the WCC.

And, well, of course, the whole Margaret thing. I think Snub Nose's legacy will endure on that alone, even if not in his own name.

Point being that there's always be some sort of legacy for those who make a mark on the World Cup, even those who do their damnest to write themselves out of it. And yet, we'll somehow manage, as we're known to do ;)

Also, may I introduce Schiavonia, the co-creator of the most spread scorination system in NS, the SQIS. :)
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Pine Island
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pine Island » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Britonisea wrote:

Umm. No. We won't die and if this does die at least I am In connection with other forums.

Anyway, nicely, there are 10's of group people/nations that makes this forum what it is today, 2013 is different to 2014. Maybe because I started NSSport in 2013. But this year it seemed like there was a lot of new nations coming in. Can someone relate to me?

But...no, NSSports won't die it is just wounded... it will get better!

Same. :lol: :lol:
Facts of Pine Island Area : 60,325 sq. miles Population : 10,136,244 Languages : English Demonym : Pine Islander Trigram : PIN Capital : Newport

Atrua
Secretary

Founded: Jul 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atrua » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:26 am

Rejistania wrote:
Cosumar wrote:

Tynelia got a draw with TnUI (or was it a 1-0 loss?) in it's first WC appearance (got slaughtered the first time around though) way back when as TnUI cruised through the group stage without a loss.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Atrua wrote:
Rejistania wrote:

Tynelia got a draw with TnUI (or was it a 1-0 loss?) in it's first WC appearance (got slaughtered the first time around though) way back when as TnUI cruised through the group stage without a loss.

Feels so left out...I've always been here, just never important i guess.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 am

Bandwagon wrote:It' a sad day for NS Sports.

I don't mean to diminish the impact of Saintland's departure, but a sense of perspective might be useful here. Our membership is constantly shifting, and the loss of one person - however regretted - doesn't mean the forum is dying. Almost everyone leaves eventually.

Well, except for me, obviously. You're stuck with me until death (or Max Barry) do us part.

Rejistania wrote:
Cosumar wrote:

Well, obviously.

I remember all the noobs. :p

Actually, TnUI might not count as a noob even by my standards since he was in WC2, and hosted WC3 - moving us away from scoring with dice in the process. A move which, to my mild embarrassment, I opposed at the time.
Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:03 am

San Jose Guayabal wrote:
Legalese wrote:Point being that there's always be some sort of legacy for those who make a mark on the World Cup, even those who do their damnest to write themselves out of it. And yet, we'll somehow manage, as we're known to do ;)

Also, may I introduce Schiavonia, the co-creator of the most spread scorination system in NS, the SQIS. :)

Schiavonia was here in the form of NEWI Cefn Druids (later Druida, among other nations) before I was on NS, which itself was a long ass time ago. He has way more of a legacy than SQIS, Trevor.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:36 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Saintland wrote:I was going to wait until tomorrow to announce this, but now that I've rank-coasted to a repeat IBC title, I've decided that I might as well get this announcement out of the way now:

I've decided to announce my impending retirement from NS Sports. Although both Saintland and Free Republics/Holy Republican Empire have both already played their final soccer matches, I will stick around long enough to finish out the current season of NSCF, ensure that the next Maple Leaf Bowl begins and update the IBC, WCoH and HWC rankings to reflect the results of the current cycle. After that, I will no longer be involved in NS Sports in any capacity, for the foreseeable future. However, I will probably stick around NS, in a different capacity.

There are a number of reasons behind this decision, which is one that I came very close to making on several other occasions during the past year or so. Between my own RP burnout and a number of changes in the atmosphere and culture around here that have been, at least in my opinion, for the worse, I've decided that it is time to move on rather than continue on in my current state. The current situation with the WC bid (and the total lack of interest in opposing it) has merely helped to bring me to a realization that I probably should have come to around 6 months ago and that I would have eventually reached the same conclusion regardless. Since that bid was posted, what little desire I still had to RP has completely disappeared and I don't expect it to return anytime soon, so given the circumstances, it is clearly time for a change on my part. To the extent that I RP at all over the next month or so before all of my nations leave NS Sports, I will only be RPing to provide an IC rationale for the absence of my nations from future tournaments. Therefore, I ask that the impending departure of my nations from NS Sports not be acknowledged ICly until they announce it ICly.

The Maple Leaf Bowl and Confederations Cup (along with any other tournaments and/or events I may have created, but forgotten about at this moment) may be continued by anyone who wishes to continue them. I grant full permission for those to be continued, if somebody wishes to continue them.

:(

Actually this is a brand new start for us, the new nations to prove ourselves and be loved to the community, we are the future, we are supposed to make NSSports a better forum. The forum will be stronger than ever, nobody important that leaves must hurt us, it must makes us stronger, so now, we must make a brand new start and mark our careers here.
Last edited by Estenia on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Semarland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Semarland » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:08 am

Estenia wrote:Actually this is a brand new start for us, the new nations to prove ourselves and be loved to the community, we are the future, we are supposed to make NSSports a better forum. The forum will be stronger than ever, nobody important that leaves must hurt us, it must makes us stronger, so now, we must make a brand new start and mark our careers here.

I'm sorry Estenia, but I kind of fail to see how that much-loved veterans of the forum leaving makes us stronger.
The Republic of Semarland
Capital: Jansberg - Demonym: Semar/Semarlandic - Trigramme: SEM
sportsat.sem
Hosted: Trindl Cup I/II, Baptism of Fire 68
Champions: Meski Cup I, 5AS WC II, U18 WC I
<Nephara> RETURN OF Sem|Transfers THE PEOPLES' CHAMPION
<Jeck> If Sem RPs as much as he transfers, next cycle we're all screwed
<Yttribia> Sem seems like the sort of guy who'd work at Tesco's and slide his mixtape in each bag

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 am

Semarland wrote:I'm sorry Estenia, but I kind of fail to see how that much-loved veterans of the forum leaving makes us stronger.

I think I see what he's getting at. When someone important leaves, it creates an opportunity for someone else to step up and take on more responsibility.
Last edited by Cosumar on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Khalifa Arabia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khalifa Arabia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Saintland wrote:I was going to wait until tomorrow to announce this, but now that I've rank-coasted to a repeat IBC title, I've decided that I might as well get this announcement out of the way now:

I've decided to announce my impending retirement from NS Sports. Although both Saintland and Free Republics/Holy Republican Empire have both already played their final soccer matches, I will stick around long enough to finish out the current season of NSCF, ensure that the next Maple Leaf Bowl begins and update the IBC, WCoH and HWC rankings to reflect the results of the current cycle. After that, I will no longer be involved in NS Sports in any capacity, for the foreseeable future. However, I will probably stick around NS, in a different capacity.

There are a number of reasons behind this decision, which is one that I came very close to making on several other occasions during the past year or so. Between my own RP burnout and a number of changes in the atmosphere and culture around here that have been, at least in my opinion, for the worse, I've decided that it is time to move on rather than continue on in my current state. The current situation with the WC bid (and the total lack of interest in opposing it) has merely helped to bring me to a realization that I probably should have come to around 6 months ago and that I would have eventually reached the same conclusion regardless. Since that bid was posted, what little desire I still had to RP has completely disappeared and I don't expect it to return anytime soon, so given the circumstances, it is clearly time for a change on my part. To the extent that I RP at all over the next month or so before all of my nations leave NS Sports, I will only be RPing to provide an IC rationale for the absence of my nations from future tournaments. Therefore, I ask that the impending departure of my nations from NS Sports not be acknowledged ICly until they announce it ICly.

The Maple Leaf Bowl and Confederations Cup (along with any other tournaments and/or events I may have created, but forgotten about at this moment) may be continued by anyone who wishes to continue them. I grant full permission for those to be continued, if somebody wishes to continue them.

:(

Sorry to ask this, but what exactly did Saintland do regarding the WC? I mean aside from qualify for one tournament. It's not like Saintland had some kind of massive influence over the sports RP community, so why make a big deal out of someone looking for attention when they leave? Am I missing some kind of massive bit of history Saintland contributed to?
NS's resident ex-Muslim

Allahriffic one-liners
"Hot outside? The mosque is prayer-conditioned."
"A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing."
"He who kneels before Allah can stand before anyone."
"Give Allah what’s right, not what’s left."
#rimshot

Eastern Sunrise Islands
Secretary

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Sunrise Islands » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:08 pm

To be honest with you, I'm neutral-ish about Saintland. All I remember was that one time he hosted a World Cup and the thunderstorm that followed. Oh, and winning his region's tournament once. Fun times. Oh, and don't worry, the world doesn't die because of one guy leaving. Hell, it didn't die when Wight left.
Summer sun says get out more / I need you, I want you
But I can't get this feeling off my mind / I want you, I need you

Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer)
A Puppet of Northern Sunrise Islands.

The Inevitable Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Inevitable Syndicate » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Eastern Sunrise Islands wrote:To be honest with you, I'm neutral-ish about Saintland. All I remember was that one time he hosted a World Cup and the thunderstorm that followed. Oh, and winning his region's tournament once. Fun times. Oh, and don't worry, the world doesn't die because of one guy leaving. Hell, it didn't die when Wight left.

A piece of my heart did.

In all seriousness though, the seasons come and go, but NS Sports will never change...
The Inevitable Syndicate - Host of World Cup 66 with Audioslavia
Precursor to Mertagne (same user) and Euran Oceania Territories (IC)

Eastern Sunrise Islands
Secretary

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Sunrise Islands » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 pm

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:
Eastern Sunrise Islands wrote:To be honest with you, I'm neutral-ish about Saintland. All I remember was that one time he hosted a World Cup and the thunderstorm that followed. Oh, and winning his region's tournament once. Fun times. Oh, and don't worry, the world doesn't die because of one guy leaving. Hell, it didn't die when Wight left.

A piece of my heart did.

In all seriousness though, the seasons come and go, but NS Sports will never change...

Eh, TisCU. It never will.
Summer sun says get out more / I need you, I want you
But I can't get this feeling off my mind / I want you, I need you

Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer)
A Puppet of Northern Sunrise Islands.

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:13 pm

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:A piece of my heart did.

Too true. :hug:
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:57 pm

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:In all seriousness though, the seasons come and go, but NS Sports will never change...

Except that it always changes :p
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Khalifa Arabia wrote:Sorry to ask this, but what exactly did Saintland do regarding the WC? I mean aside from qualify for one tournament. It's not like Saintland had some kind of massive influence over the sports RP community, so why make a big deal out of someone looking for attention when they leave? Am I missing some kind of massive bit of history Saintland contributed to?

An individual's contribution to NS Sports is not necessarily measured by their qualification for tournaments, nor their record in writing rules, nor in their election to senior leadership positions - often their presence is enough to make an impact.

As John Donne didn't quite write....

Perchance, he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that. This forum is catholic, universal, so are all her actions; all that she does belongs to all.

When a nation signs up for a tournament, that action concerns me; for that nation is thereby connected to that body which is my head too, and ingrafted into that body whereof I am a member. And when a nation fails to qualify, that action concerns me: all mankind, and womenkind, and ursinekind, and all other manners of sentient beings are of one author, and is one volume; when one nation leaves, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated; Margaret employs several translators; some pieces are translated by participation, some by qualification, some by victory, some by administration; but Margaret's hand is in every translation, and her hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for that library where every book shall lie open to one another. As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon calls not upon the departing nation only, but upon the congregation to come, so this bell calls us all; but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this departure.

The bell doth toll for him that thinks it doth; and though it intermit again, yet from that minute that this occasion wrought upon him, he is united to Margaret. Who casts not up his eye to the sun when it rises? but who takes off his eye from a comet when that breaks out? Who bends not his ear to any bell which upon any occasion rings? but who can remove it from that bell which is passing a piece of himself out of this world?

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, NS Sports is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any nation's departure diminishes me, because I am involved in this forum, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Nunc Lento Sonitu Dicunt, Morieris

Incidentally, while we're sort of on the topic of Margaret... I would like to take this moment to confirm the rumours that Juan Tzimisces and Margaret are dating; a formal announcement regarding their relationship will be forthcoming once RP for WC 70 gets underway.
Last edited by The Archregimancy on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Incidentally, while we're sort of on the topic of Margaret... I would like to take this moment to confirm the rumours that Juan Tzimisces and Margaret are dating; a formal announcement regarding their relationship will be forthcoming once RP for WC 70 gets underway.

Can we get George R R Martin to plan that wedding?
Last edited by The Sarian on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:42 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:Incidentally, while we're sort of on the topic of Margaret... I would like to take this moment to confirm the rumours that Juan Tzimisces and Margaret are dating; a formal announcement regarding their relationship will be forthcoming once RP for WC 70 gets underway.

If only SDB wasn't such an amazing wingman... the world is doomed!

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:44 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:Incidentally, while we're sort of on the topic of Margaret... I would like to take this moment to confirm the rumours that Juan Tzimisces and Margaret are dating; a formal announcement regarding their relationship will be forthcoming once RP for WC 70 gets underway.

But Margaret is currently imprisoning me and Llama in a giant bubble.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:07 am

Jeckland wrote:

But Margaret is currently imprisoning me and Llama in a giant bubble.

Mags is a feisty, independent woman; that's one of the things I like about her.

It's important to give her some space in her own dealings with mundies; if she's currently imprisoning you in a bubble, who am I to judge?
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Equestrian States
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equestrian States » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 am

West Angola wrote:
The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:A piece of my heart did.

Too true. :hug:

I'm immediately reminded of this post from a while back:
West Angola wrote:West Angola/Equestrian States: "Coping With Loss and/or Betrayal. When One of Your Baptism of Fire Buddies Abruptly Leaves and You Discover He Was Actually Writing a Book the Whole Time, Should You Feel Sad, or Hurt?" Room 8

*sigh*
The Sarian wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:

Can we get George R R Martin to plan that wedding?

I can't help but feel that Maggie and George would be best friends. They're both cruel sadists who savor the tears of others...
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports