NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 47: Everything Thread!

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Baptism of Fire 47: Everything Thread!

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 am

Thanks to Wight for the logo.

I) Introduction
Welcome to Baptism of Fire 47, everyone! 48 nations are going to participate in what is the hardest championship to win in NS Sports. Why is that? Because this is your only chance to win it!

The Baptism of Fire. Your football/soccer journey begins now. I see a group of nations here who have a varying degree if experience in NS Sports. First, I see the puppets of nations that already in. For these puppets, I welcome you, but hope that your participation becomes a little longer in the community with this nation and that it is not just an effort to win this with a secondary nation.

Now, for my true newbies. You are the ones I really want to talk to before we get started. There are three groups of you. The overly enthusiastic, the “testing this to see what it might be all about”, and the people who will for whatever reason will not participate as a roleplayer.

For my overly enthusiastics, welcome to the Baptism of Fire. Of the three groups of new users, you are the ones probably with the highest expectations of success here. Go get it! Let your creative juices flow, and show us all how great your nation is. However, do know that things might not always go your way and do not become discouraged if it seems as though your roleplaying is not paying off. Sometimes, things don’t go according to plan, but such is the world of sports. Too often we have seen great roleplayers in the Baptism of Fire, then never saw them again. Keep that level of enthusiasm high not matter what happens. You have to be patient. That’s the most important word for you. Patience!

Now, for my testing this to see what it will be all about users. I was one of you. When I signed up for Baptism of Fire 30, I never planned on becoming a long-term member of this community, but it just happened. Relax and take it all in. Read the roleplays of others and interact and you may just find yourself creating rivalries and making friends along the way, and soon you will have established a nice football/soccer program. Many of you will be won over and become long-term participants. Surely though, there are bound to be some that decide this is not for them. If so, then do keep in mind that we do pretty much every sport in NS Sports, so maybe another sport is more suitable. And remember, that NS Sports will always be here. If you choose to not return then in a few months or a year or whatever, want to try it again, we will be here.

Now, the people who will end up not roleplaying at all. Some of you still might be checking scores. But if you are checking scores, I do suggest to throw in at least one or two short RP’s in to at least let us know you are out there and checking up on things. But for some you, something may have happened in the last month in the real world, that prevented you from participating. That’s fine and understandable. Never feel that this means you will not be welcomed in the future to build on what you did here. We understand real life can get in the way. If you want to return, we will be here for you.

B) “What do I do first?”

You want to begin by creating a roster. This is important as it will certainly help you in your roleplaying but it will also help your opponents and the 47 other nations in the 47th BoF. Rosters can come in all shapes in sizes.

First, we have the Basic Roster. Though it is basic, it provides a list of names which were able to be used in RP’s, if not by this nation, then by any nation that opposed them. If this is all you have time to do for a roster, don’t feel as though you HAVE to do more. Very simple, but very, very appreciated.

Rosters though usually provide some basic information about the players. It can be serious information, like this, or more light-hearted, such as this.

Many nations choose to include pictures of their kits, or their stadiums, or both. However, in the Baptism of Fire, you are only playing in Cassadaigua or Ipeland, so the stadium picture can be saved for World Cup qualifying.

From there, some people will provide a ton of detail and let their creative side show like this, this, or this.

C) Roleplay

There are many different ways you can roleplay. Match reports, player interactions, media analysis, first person blogs, or telling an ongoing story. Or more. Or much more, the sky is the limit.

But when you do, you will need to follow this, the RP Permissions. You will notice that all the rosters I linked to up above had RP Permissions. This is where you tell opponents what they can and can’t do, and likewise where they give you limits on what you can do, to them. It is very important to follow these permissions. Let’s take a look at them and go through what they really mean:

If my opponent RP’s first, can they?
Choose my goalscorers: Y/N

Something you probably want to allow unless you are really particular about having things go your way.

Godmod scoring events: Y/N
Things that depart from reality are covered here. The goalkeeper getting a hat-trick, goals allowed after the referee blew the whistle for full-time, the coaches 10-year son suddenly joining the team because no one else was scoring and suddenly being the hero. I thank Starblaydia for clarifying this, even for me!

RP injuries to my players: Y/N

Do you want your opponent to injure your players? A common response to this by people who don’t really want their players injured but like to give the opponent free-will to say there was an injury is to say “only say they were hurt. I will determine what happened and the severity.”

Godmod injuries to my players: Y/N
Taking the above a step further. Or maybe many steps further, to even serious injuries or death. Not recommended for the casual RPer.

Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y/N
Can they say someone got yellow-carded? Like with injuries, if someone doesn’t want a rash of cards, but wants the opponent to have free will, they will say something like “yes, but no more then two.”

Hand out red cards to my players: Y/N

Just like with yellow cards. Sometimes if this is allowed, you might want to name a couple players who are more likely to get a red card, then other players.

Godmod other events: Y/N
Allows for crazy, unlimited, circumstances. When you took a penalty, did a wild goose suddenly fly in the way and stop the shot? Did a group of opposing supporters invade the pitch and mass-kill members of the team? Was your team abducted by aliens? We’re talking about complete free-will here. Some people love doing this, and others want to keep it real. Choose yes or no accordingly. If you don’t want people to do something nutty without your consent but are open to doing crazy things, a common answer is “telegram me your idea first”.

For more, check out this: thread

So, let’s get this started! Coming up in the following posts:

The Group Draw and schedule (also where links to rosters are found).
Information about Cassadaigua.
Information about Ipeland.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Wed May 16, 2012 10:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

“Welcome to the Concord Heights Conventional Hall,” says a highly attractive 20-something year old man while on the stage. “I present to you Mrs Stacie Kerrigan-Fraser, the President of the Cassadagan Association for Soccer Excellence, and Mr Bill Perino, the Minister for Sport of Ipeland. Please, give these two a warm welcome.

They approach the stage, and it’s Kerrigan-Fraser, who is also Cassadaigua’s all-time leading goal scorer as a player, finding the microphone first,

“I was told that all 48 delegations for the Baptism of Fire are represented here in this room. I welcome all of you. The Baptism of Fire is an amazing event, and I urge all of you to make the most of this opportunity. The list of nations that have won this tournament is impressive, but the list of nations that have not win the tournament may be more impressive. Strive to win, but know that whatever happens here, is just the first chapter of your voyage in the world of international soccer. Or football, or whatever your call it in your nation....

What we are going to do now is put you all randomly into eight groups of six. Groups 1-4 will see all of their games played here, in Cassadaigua. Groupa 5-8, my colleague here Mr. Perino of Ipeland will have the pleasure of welcoming you to his nation. We will draw the nations in order, with the first ping pong ball you see in the fancy wheel going to group 1, then the second going to group 2, just like so.”

That process is completed, and the Groups end up as such.

Group 1:
Iturributa
Daedric Stellar Empire
West Spaam
Carnova
Fonidia and Osteyon
New Pebble Island

Group 2:
Harjeland
Rochehaut
Cult of Ashley Greene
Weatherdon
Cambazooty
Deandean98

Group 3:
Mu Mu
South Icemark
Equatorial Sarmen
The Kingdom of Okwe
Star United States
Yugiohistan

Group 4:
Arcade
Cestyr
Aleprennia
Boring Paradise
The Kingdom of Hyrule
Sanian Confederacy

Group 5:
Friday Freshman
Idaniera
Corrizon
Unified Falcon
Filopines
Elstorm

Group 6:
Isointania
Landarea
Quaoartarian Empire
TUFM
Kinitaria
Enslavia

Group 7:
Grunuik
The tidal wake
Falconwhereveryouare
Bitternea
Monastery-on-the-Rock
Zanzar

Group 8:
San Nitrento
Sørøya
Bulagabu
South Scotland and the Borders
CoolBoyGcp
Puhalux Ezocafi Nzojug

The Schedule will be:
MD1: May 17- 1 v 6, 2 v 5, 3 v 4 Results Group 1-4 Results Group 5-8
MD2: May 18- 1 v 2, 3 v 5, 4 v 6 Results Group 1-4 Results Group 5-8
MD3: May 19- 2 v 6, 1 v 3, 4 v 5
MD4: May 20- 5 v 6, 1 v 4, 2 v 3
MD5: May 21- 3 v 6, 2 v 4, 1 v 5

Group Stage individual game stadium assigments, Cassadaigua

Playoffs: (Group winners get a 1st round bye)

1st Round- May 23:
(Cassadaigua Side)
Game A: 2nd Group 1 vs 3rd Group 4
Game B: 2nd Group 2 vs 3rd Group 3
Game C: 2nd Group 3 vs 3rd Group 2
Game D: 2nd Group 4 vs 3rd Group 1

(Ipeland Side)
Game E: 2nd Group 5 vs 3rd Group 8
Game F: 2nd Group 6 vs 3rd Group 7
Game G: 2nd Group 7 vs 3rd Group 6
Game H: 2nd Group 8 vs 3rd Group 5

2nd Round- May 24
(Cassadaigua side)

Game I: Winner Game A vs 1st Group 2
Game J: Winner Game B vs 1st Group 1
Game K: Winner Game C vs 1st Group 4
Game L: Winner Game D vs 1st Group 3

(Ipeland side)

Game M: Winner Game E vs 1st Group 6
Game N: Winner Game F vs 1st Group 5
Game O: Winner Game G vs 1st Group 8
Game P: Winner Game H vs 1st Group 7

Quarterfinals- May 25
(Cassadaigua Side)

Game Q: Winner Game I vs Game J
Game R: Winner Game K vs Winner Game L

(Ipeland Side)
Game S: Winner Game M vs Winner Game N
Game T: Winner Game O vs Winner Game P

Semifinals- May 26

Game U- Winner Game Q vs Winner Game R @ Concord Heights Stadium, Cassadaigua
Game V- Winner Game S vs Winner Game T @ Walkden Stadium, Ipeland

3rd Place- May 27
Game W- Loser Game U vs Loser Game V, @ Ipeland

Championship- May 28
Game X- Winner Game U vs Winner Game V, @ Concord Heights Stadium, Cassadaigua

You may begin roleplaying at anytime. You have been given a generous eight-day period to set-up your national teams. If you have any questions , feel free to ask myself or Ipeland!
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sat May 19, 2012 4:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

CASSADAIGUA TRAVEL GUIDE

I) Where is Cassadaigua?

Cassadaigua is in the region of Rushmore. Our people are adapting to this location as for many decades we had been a part of One Big Island. The wonders of technology allowed for us to move smoothly into our new region. It is in the south-central part of the region.

II) How do I get there?

Your best bet is to fly in. Cassadaigua is a modern country, so there are airports all over the nation in which you can fly into. In addition, we have a "frightening" economy, so chances are we have airlines that can service your nation or a nearby nation. If you wanted, you could get here by sea easily, but we trust that flying in would be the best bet.

III) Culture

Cassadaigua is 61% female, and is a female-dominated society. People from Cassadaigua are called Cassadagans, or simply, Dagans. Where some nations may have gender discrimination in regards to the male being the superior gender, everything is the exact opposite in Cassadaigua. For example, when a woman and a man get married, the women's surname is what passes on, not the man's. It is a myth, however, to think that men are completely oppressed here. The civil rights organization known as MEN, or Male Equality Now, is trying to narrow the gap between women and men. They have had some successes in recent years, but have a long way to go. Other forms of discrimination, such as due to age, disability, sexual preference, race, or religion is illegal; but you still may run into the occasional narrow-minded drunk at a game or in the streets.

Once you put aside the untraditional roles of the woman and man, Cassadaigua isn't much different from other countries of the modern world. The people are passionate about most sports but also can enjoy the finer things in life as well. Most people are religious, although there is not one set religion that is followed exclusively, and tolerance of all religions is in effect.

Politically, Cassadaigua is ruled by Queen Cassie. However, at the local level, there are democracies all over with the only caveat being that a winning candidate must receive the blessing of the Queen in order to take office. Typically, the Queen gives this blessing of the candidates before an election, so that the populace can vote with confidence that the winning candidate will be accepted by Her Majesty.

IV) Cities
The Capital of Cassadaigua is Concord Heights, and it is in the northeast of the country. Other big cities that will host games include: Grande Mountain, New Lakeland, Brattleboro, Rutland, Winchester, Victoriaville and Starksville.

Stadium, Location, Capacity: Concord Heights Stadium (Concord Heights), 77,000

Geographic Location: Northeastern

About the Area: Centrally located in the capital city of Concord Heights, this stadium has frequently hosted games by all of our national teams. It is where group stage games in all appropriate sports are held in international competitions. With that, there is a ton of history, and it will be immediately obvious to all visitors. The South End Zone has a “Monument Wall” in honor of these players; think Yankee Stadium. The North End Zone has something similar in honor of World Baseball Classic players. Along the east (home) sideline, at around the midfield, are banners and plaques honoring Cassadaigua’s World Bowl history. At midfield on the west sideline, there are two plaques: one honoring the Allamunnic States for winning World Bowl 16 here, and the other honoring Sarzonia for winning World Baseball Classic 18 here. The winner of the Baptism of Fire will have a similar plaque beside them.

Outside of the stadium, there is plenty to do given that Concord Heights is the largest city in the nation. If it can be found in a modern country, it can be found in Concord Heights. (OOC: United States city comparison: New York City, but as a national capital).

Stadium, Location, Capacity: Grande Mountain Stadium (Grande Mountain), 64,250

Geographic Location: North-Central

About the Area: Central Cassadaigua is a mountainous area, in Grande Mountain is exactly what you’re probably thinking it is by the name. Despite it being a high altitude city, it is the third largest city in the nation. It is a conservative and traditional area, so the men’s rights movement has struggled somewhat to reach these heights. (OOC: United States city comparison: Denver).

Stadium, Location, Capacity: Brattleboro Field, (Brattleboro), 82,300

Geographic Location: Central-East Coast

About the Area: Brattleboro is the fastest growing city in Cassadaigua, and has just recently passed Grande Mountain to take over the #2 spot in national population. This stadium is the most modern in the country, having recently been constructed given the booming population and it might not be a stretch in the future to see more national team games head to Brattleboro. It is also a younger city, demographically, which would make sense given the population shift. Locals do get annoyed sometimes when their city is referred to as “Battleboro” instead. We suggest therefore, not doing that.

Stadium, Location, Capacity: Courtney Ferguson Stadium (Rutland), 54,120

Geographic Location: South-Central

About the Area: This is the only stadium named after a person so far, Courtney Ferguson is considered an icon in that was the captain of our first ever international sport team, and then made a name for herself in other parts of the world also, such as Candelaria And Marquez and Nethertopia. Rutland is where she was born and grew up, making it more appropriate for this to be the stadium named for her. It is a large city, and like Grande Mountain in its traditional ways. It is also a mountain-city, but not at all to the extent of Grande Mountain.

Stadium, Location, Capacity: New Lakeland Stadium (New Lakeland), 75,000

Geographic Location: Northwest

About the Area: When Newmanistan conquered the ceased Secristani lands, and there was a dispute over who got what between us and them, we were awarded the city of Lakeland, which was a large Secristani city. The city name was changed to “New Lakeland”, but it has struggled to become a true Cassadagan culture, given what it once was. Because of that, the city has a higher percentage of men then women (as that’s where there is the least gender discrimination). The old stadium was torn down, and replaced, so while the city has hosted games in the past that Secristan would have applied to it, this particular stadium is new to international play. These trends, though formed in One Big Island, still exist with us in Rushmore.

Stadium, Location, Capacity: Winchester College Field (Winchester), 46,330

Geographic Location: Central

About the Area: Winchester has become an area where a lot of older people migrate too for their retirement, not as much because of warmer temperatures but the hills and valleys of this area make for some amazing scenery. The locals vetoed a plan for a separate stadium in the city, and are content to use the facilities on the campus of Winchester College for sports and entertainment. Most of the people who attend Winchester College are daughters and sons of these retirees and many can’t wait to “get out”. The locals aren’t that excited with the amount of tourists the Baptism of Fire will bring, but they approved the plan, because they want to spend your dollars you bring in at the bingo halls once you leave.

Stadium, Location, Capacity: Starksville Sports Complex (Starksville), 62,360

Geographic Location: Southeast

About the Area: Starksville has a lot in common with Brattleboro in that it is experiencing a population boom, and it too created the local sports complex which is a pretty massive area, containing separate stadiums for football, soccer, and baseball; as well as an indoor arena. Near the facility, is a large area of casino and resorts just begging to distract your players.

Stadium, Location, Capacity: Victoriaville Stadium (Victoriaville), 44,290

Geographic Location: Southwest

About the Area: There’s nothing wrong with Victoriaville, but it was mainly added so that citizens in the southwestern part of the country could have a place nearby. It’s a pretty typical medium-sized city.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ipeland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipeland » Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 am

The Ministry of Tourism presents...
A Tourists Guide to Ipeland

Ipeland is a few islands, a main island and two secondary islands, situated in the North-Eastern area of Atlantian Oceania. You can get there in pretty much anyway possible: plane, boat, interdimensional link, car, horse and cart, walking, cycling, although for the last few, we'd recommend you travel by a ferry or another type of boat. The plane is your best bet, as many flights go to one of the 4 airports in Ipeland. A boat is probably your second choice for getting their, and it's not really recommended unless you want to stay in the same place for a long time.

Our roughly 23,000,000 population is mainly centered around the big cities, which are scattered around the country, with at least two cities in each county. People are free to do whatever they want around here, without infringing on people's rights of course. Ipeland is a parliamentary democracy, ruled by an elected president. Unlike our co-hosts there is no monarch, and no real majority gender, both being treated, as everyone else, equally. Most people are passionate about sport, especially football.

Stadiums

Stadium: Walkden Stadium, Walkden, 73,000 cap.
The main international hosting stadium when Ipeland play in the World Cup. Set in a formerly industrial town, the building looks new compared to the old 19th century houses and mills and deserted factories, despite being the fourth oldest stadium in the whole country. The fans are not too close, yet not too far away to give the perfect view. The stadium is adaptable to hold pretty much any sport that involves a ball.

Stadium: Burnden Park, Burnden Park, 69,800 cap.
The next largest stadium in capacity after Walkden, in the capital Burnden Park. Surprisingly the club that plays there hasn't seen much success, mainly languishing around mid-table. Burnden, as well as being the capital, is the largest city in the nation.

Stadium: University Stadium, Burnden Park, 43,200 cap.
Home of University College FC. Stadium recently had a 15,000 seats expansion after they won the most recent Premier League season.

Stadium: Pendleton Park, Pendleton, 40,500 cap.
A relatively new development, built after Pendleton entered the Premier League 10 years ago.

Stadium: Vant City Stadium, City of Vant, 36,000 cap.

A stadium right on the coastline, where it rains often and harsh Northerly winds skew the ball.

Stadium: Eccles Stadium, Eccles, 28,600 cap.

A stadium renamed so many times in the last 15 years you'd be unable to count, Eccles Stadium is set in a small busy town, where the population could just fill the seats. Many fans come from the neighbouring Pendleton.

Stadium: Embassy Stadium, Walkden, 25,100 cap.

The club that plays there, Hutt River Embassy F.C., started out as players from the local Hutt River Embassy. With the country now officially disbanded, the team now focuses on sourcing players closer to home, rather than signing foreigners

Stadium: Leighton Sports Ground, Leighton, 24,600 cap

Leighton was once the capital of Ipeland, but is now shadow of it's former self. Due to it's position near the coast, and being on low-lying ground, the stadium occasionally experiences flooding during the winter break. Thankfully due to more tough defences for the BoF, the flood risk is significantly reduced.

Stadium: Trumpton Park, Trumpton, 23,500 cap.

Stadium: Winwick Football Ground, Winwick, 23,400 cap.

Stadium: Bangor Road, Bangor, 23,300 cap.

Stadium: The Pub Field, Kirrymoon, 20,000 cap.

A very old town home to a lot of the oldest things. The club that plays here is part of the oldest multi-sports club in Ipeland, started by a few drunks at the local boozer.

Stadium: Northtown/Southtown Stadium, Southtown, 19,500 cap.

Stadium: Salfordon Athletic Park, Salfordon, 18,600 cap.

Stadium: Monkton Stadium, Monks Trod, 17,500 cap.

Often declared the spirituality capital of Ipeland, despite it only being a rather large village. The football team is made up of the local priests and monks. The stadium will be expanded to 17,500, rather than it's usual 10,000.

Stadium: Walkden Uni Stadium, Walkden, 16,900 cap.

Where are you playing?
OOC Note: By 1st Match I mean first listed match, eg in Group 5, Friday Freshman will play Elstorm at The Pub Field.

Group 5: 1st Match: The Pub Field, 2nd Match: Bangor Road, 3rd Match: Salfordon Athletic Park
Group 6: 1st Match: Leighton Sports Ground, 2nd Match: Walkden Uni Stadium, 3rd Match: Vant City Stadium
Group 7: 1st Match: Monkton Stadium, 2nd Match: Embassy Stadium, 3rd Match: Winwick Football Ground
Group 8: 1st Match: Pendleton Park, 2nd Match: Eccles Stadium, 3rd Match: Northtown/Southtown Stadium

1st Round: Game E: Monkton Stadium, Game F: The Pub Field, Game G: Bangor Road, Game H: Salfordon Athletic Park
2nd Round: Game M: Pendleton Park, Game N: Leighton Sports Ground, Game O: Embassy Stadium, Game P: Eccles Stadium
Quarterfinals: Game S: University Stadium Game T: Vant City Stadium
Semi final: Game V: Walkden Stadium
Final: Game W: Burnden Park
Last edited by Ipeland on Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Formerly known as Hutt River

Yugiohistan
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yugiohistan » Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 am

Currently a work in progress. Just getting this up now so I'll remember. I'm also going to recommend putting the RP permissions thing a code box so that they can easily be copied and pasted.

The Yugiohistan Card-Gamers
"Screw the Rules! We Have Money!"

Starters:
GK – “Bandit” Keith Steve Howard
DF – Téa Gardner
DF – Mai Valentine
MF – Duke Devlin
MF – Seto Kaiba
MF – Marik Ishtar
MF – Maximillion Pegasus
MF – Ryou Bakura
FW – Yugi Muto
FW – Joey Wheeler
FW – Tristan Taylor

Reserves:
DF - Serenity Wheeler
DF - Solomon Muto
DF - Zombie Boy
DF - Rebecca Hawkins
DF - Gruber
DF - Hans
MF - Mokuba Kaiba
MF - Shadi
MF - Rex Raptor
MF - Weevil Underwood
MF - Kemo (aka "The Hair Guy")
MF - Dartz
FW - Ishizu Ishtar
FW - Zorc
FW - Steve Lumis
FW - Steve Umbris

Style Modifier: +5

RP Permissions:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes (I encourage at least 3 per match, but to different people)
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Send a TG to Equestrian States explaining what you want to do. I'll probably clear it, but I want to know ahead of time.
Last edited by Yugiohistan on Thu May 17, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harjeland
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harjeland » Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 am

Harjeland Fotbólti Union
Harjeland National Football Team

Manager: Leifur Sigurvaldason
Asst. Manager: Gunnar Kolmansson
Nickname: The Puffins
International Record: N/A
Style Mod: +3

Overview:

Coach Leifur Sigurvaldason has assembled a squad like many had predicted, with no real surprises. The team will use a 4-1-2-1 formation, with it becoming a 4-3-1-2 if they are pressing an advantage, and a 4-2-2-2 if a more defensive approach is required. The biggest scoring threats are generally Sigurgeirsson, Rögnvaldsson, and Ómarsson, in that order.

Roster:

GK- Geirfinnur Hartmannsson- Age 27- Knattspyrnufélag Bolúvík (3rd Captain)

Hartmannsson is known as a reliable, level-headed player who never lets his emotions take hold of him. Good mentor to younger players, but sometimes has problems dealing with corners and high balls. Has peculiar habits before games, having to take public transportation to the stadium and wash his gloves in vinegar.

GK- Jan Eyjólfsson- Age 35- Knattspyrnufélag Stríðsær

Formerly first-choice ‘keeper, it seems as though his international glory days are almost at an end, but nonetheless is a dependable backup to Hartmannsson.

GK- Klængur Brynjarsson- 25- HF Völnarinn

A young player, Brynjarsson is nonetheless a very mature player, good with making decisions. Though he has some skill, he has problems with handling and may not be good enough yet for the big stage.

LB- Börkur Víkingsson- 32- HK Fjóllbærin

A former star that has lost most of his speed and agility, but still represents a landmark in defense. Mentor to the young Heiðarsson, who is seen as his heir after his looming retirement.

LB- Vagn Heiðarsson- 18- UMFK (The Babbage Islands)

Seen as a young star in an aging defense, he possesses many qualities like that of a young Víkingsson, with lots of speed and agility and a fierce shot.

CB- Guðjón Valsson- 34- Knattspyrnufélag Bolúvík (Vice-captain)

A very strong player good with tackling and marking but lacks the speed to deal with quick-footed attackers. An old-time hero for Harjeland, the hard-tackling veteran reckons he has a few more years left in him.

CB- Patrekur Brynjúlfsson- 28- Íþróttabandalag Árnær

Never outstanding but never disappointing, the towering defender has shown unwavering loyalty to his nation and small-town club, and has earned the respect of the entire team.

CB- Einar Þórðarson- 24- Trelson (Mantwenic)

A very intelligent player, although Þórðarson lacks the strength to deal with large attackers. His small stature doesn’t exactly help with crosses either, but he is very good with the ball at his feet, and he often goes up to support the midfield.

CB- Barði Sigurleifsson- 36- Íþróttafélag Ráfnavík

Another old veteran, however, he still has tons of energy when he plays, even if he isn’t so fast anymore. Good with shooting, but has trouble getting back to defend on counter-attacks quickly, and the defender huffs and puffs around the pitch.

RB- Bergvin Andersson- 31- Knattspyrnufélag Bolúvík

A weak position compared to the rest of the team, Andersson is a decent player but with no real backup, so if he suffers an injury, the team could face a real defensive crisis.

LM- Valgarður Ómarsson- 23- FC Green Star (The Babbage Islands)

A pacey and arrogant winger that is very good on counter-attacks, but that sometimes lets his fierce temper show. He collects as many fouls as he dishes out, but is seen as a great future asset and the best talent on the team. Faces competition from fellow youngster Skjaldarson for a place in the starting XI.

LM- Björn Skjaldarson- 21- Viktoria Baden (The Babbage Islands)

Lacks some of the pace of his competition, but makes up for it with superior passing and crossing. A very mature player, he sometimes looks like a man amongst boys on the field.

CDM- Hallsteinn Eiríksson- 37- FC Bolúvík 56

The workhorse of the team, he is retiring from international football at the end of the tournament but was included to give the faded star one last run out. However, expect only a cameo or two, as the portly tackler may not be good or fast enough anymore for the international stage.

CM- Gísli Ásbergsson- 31- Íþróttafélag Strímstraður

The little fellow is beloved throughout the nation with his tireless work ethic and determination. Goes for the simple pass rather than dribbling, but has a mighty boot.

CM- Frímann Kristínarsson- 31- HK Fjóllbærin

A natural partner to Ásbergsson, he shares an almost telepathic link with his fellow midfielder in the center of the pitch. Ásbergsson has speed, while he has size and strength. He's a freekick specialist, and can put a crazy spin on the ball. Been involved with more than a few incidents off of the pitch, though, and his leadership skills are sometimes questionable.

CM- Steingrímur Viggósson- 22- Knattspyrnufélag Bolúvík

A very bright star in an old midfield core, he brings speed and creativity that his colleagues lack, with an eye for killer passes. He prefers to try the more complex move rather than the simple one, and isn't afraid to take his chances when given. Still needs to get more physical to get a place in the starting XI, though.

RM- Þórir Ingvarsson- 25- Íþróttafélag Strímstraður

There's only one word to describe him: fast. The winger can leave anyone on the team for dead, even his talented colleague on the other wing, Ómarsson. However, his crossing and defending are not up to scratch, which holds him back to a point.

RM- Ásmund Bergþórsson- 23- Knattspyrnufélag Stríðsær

A solid backup to Ingvarsson, and like him in many ways, but more of a well-rounded player than his competition, being excellent at nothing while decent at everything.

ST- Gunnar Sigurgeirsson- 33- Knattspyrnufélag Bolúvík (Captain)

Almost worshiped in Harjeland, he is by far the most potent attacking threat on the team, and can only be described as a poacher. In his later years, he has adapted to a loss of speed by letting others do the hard part, and always being in the right place at the right time to score.

ST- Ívar Rögnvaldsson- 26- Knattspyrnufélag Stríðsær

Much more technical than his strike partner, with excellent footwork but not really an eye for the finish. Almost always does the hard part, before setting up goals on a plate to others, mostly Sigurgeirsson. Occasionally does get on the score sheet, though.

ST- Víðir Óttarsson- 23- FC Brynúvík

A very, very clinical finisher, with speed but not really a dribbler. The master of back-post goals, he is good at heading and shooting. A great young talent in the mold of Sigurgeirson, whom he is tipped to replace in a couple years.

ST- Björn Vagnsson- 31- HF Völnarinn

Not nearly as good as he used to be, he is the definition of a washed-out star. Still capable of getting a goal or two, but he looks to have an earlier than average retirement. Nevertheless, he is still a strong backup player.

ST- Mohamed Sørenson- 23- Íþróttabandalag Árnær

Another good youngster, he's not a speedster like many of his colleagues, and is not good at getting forward on the counter. However, he has a slow but devastating dribbling style that few others can replicate. Defenders say they can see what's coming when he runs at them, but often his footwork is so complex that he leaves them for dead with an astonishingly slow pace. A rather unusual player, one might say.

Formation:
4-1-2-1-2

---------------Sigurgeirsson-------Rögnvaldsson---------------
---------------------------Ásbergsson----------------------------
--Ingvarsson----------------------------------------Ómarsson--
--------------------------Kristínarsson---------------------------
--Víkingsson------Valsson-------Brynjúlfsson----Andersson--
-------------------------Hartmannsson---------------------------

Sorry 'bout the big size.

RP Permissions:

Have fun, go crazy!
The Republic of Harjeland
Map
WWISC2 2nd

Weatherdon
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Weatherdon » Wed May 09, 2012 11:58 am

Weatherdon National FC Rosters Released
Author: TheFootyBoss Time: 3:41 AM, Day 174

You guys love me. You know it. Here it is, 3:41 in the morning, and I'm releasing our rosters for you.

Unfortunately, because the Copa Rushmori is occurring at the same time as the BoF, half of our team won't be playing here. Also, most of our managers are gone too (;___;)

Fortunately, we got the experienced side playing here in the BoF.

Starting Roster
Striker- Alekai VEROSE, 27 yrs; 73 Caps, 44 Goals (Vice Captain)
Striker- Daniel EDWIN, 23 yrs; 14 Caps, 3 Goals
Striker- Alain EGENSON, 26 yrs; 73 Caps, 20 Goals
Midfielder- Chris AKERS , 18 yrs; 0 Caps, 0 Goals
Midfielder- Marc ERIK, 18 yrs; 0 Caps, 0 Goals
Midfielder- Carl ABEL, 22 yrs; 5 Caps, 1 Goals
Defender- Israel FREEMAN , 20 yrs; 15 Caps, 2 Goals
Defender- Michael FORGE , 18 yrs; 0 Caps, 0 Goals
Defender- Chris MOOR, 29 yrs; 78 Caps, 4 Goals (Club Captain)
Defender- Evan MERMOM, 24 yrs; 30 Caps, 0 Goals
Goalkeeper- Patrick WILLIAMS, 28 yrs; 40 Caps, 1.64 GAA, 0.91 SV%(Third Captain)

Seeing as how the team is split in two locations, the Reserves are super short as well. Fortunately, the Copa Rushmori aims to be over before the full World Cup starts, allowing our team time to rest and come back together.

Reserve Roster
Striker- Saul AERLON, 22 yrs; 20 Caps, 0 Goals
Striker/Midfielder- Tarn DAWLEY, 22 yrs; 0 Caps, 0 Goals
Midfielder/Defender- Jie VICK, 17 yrs; 0 Caps, 0 Goals
Defender- Robin DAWLEY, 19 yrs; 0 Caps, 0 Goals
Goalkeeper- Eric THIESSEN, 17 yrs; 0 Caps, 0 Goals

Two sets of kits were ordered; these are specially designed for international play. In these designs, the goalkeeper is on the right.

RP Permissions
Choose my goalscorers: Yes.
Godmod scoring events: Nothing too far off the rocker.
RP injuries to my players Yes, but let me approve it first.
Godmod injuries to my players No.
Hand out yellow cards to my players Yes, but if you double yellow a player, ask me first.
Hand out red cards to my players Ask me first.
Godmod other events No.

Team Modifier
This Weatherdon team plays with an even +0 style, using the 4-2-1-3, where the center midfielder will rush to support the forwards, and the midfielder wings will fall back to support the defense.
Runner Up - Copa Rushmori IX, XI

Monastery-on-the-Rock
Civil Servant

Founded: May 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Monastery-on-the-Rock » Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 pm

In the far reaches of Carmadin, in the places only belonging to Carmadin because of oceanspace, there is a nondescript island, one square mile in diameter. On this Island is the Monastery on the Rock, where the most devoted Catholics in Carmadin practice their faith. The place is unknown to all but a select few, and the forty-four monks who reside there. What they do in the monastery is unknown. The Monks, however, have decided that their work to the Lord is in part done, and the Nine most aged Brothers have left the monastery to preach the word of the Lord through the best medium they could find: Football.

The most ancient monk on the team is Brother Saul, and he plays keeper for the team. His strategy is to not mind the net at all, but to stand behind the goal line and the cage, and pray for the Lord's protection over the net. If his prayers are strong enough, no ball shall enter the goal. Brother Saul is Three Hundred and Forty-Seven

The four defenders, Brothers Niccodemus, Henry, Paul, and Solomon, have a strange condition never yet seen in any others. They are, as it is called "United in Faith" if one of them should lose faith in his purpose or being, the other three shall perish. This also means, however, that they work very well together, and have complete trust that anything that happens in the game is for the greater good. They plan to combine their faith in the team to make it nearly impossible to beat. The four are all Three Hundred and One

The four midfielders will be controlled by Saint Simon, Brother of the Monastery. Saint Simon has the unique gift of chanelling the energy of the Holy Spirit into projections of beings that are created out of pure love. Players attempting to defend these beings will find themselves forgiven instantly, and cleansed of all other acts against the team. Saint Simon is Two Hundred and Ninety-Eight, and will stand on the sidelines in deep meditation during each game.

The Left forward shall be Brother Frederick. Brother Frederick's belief that the Lord is acting through him makes him a very powerful vessel, and it is not uncommon to see him ascend toward the sky at random intervals and times. He says he has not acted of his own accord since his birth, and he is Two Hunderd Eighty-Seven years old.

The Right forward is Brother Regis, a large man who is the most earthly of the Monks. He has no special connection or powers except his own rather exceptional skill with a football, and it was he who introduced the Monks to the game. He is Two Hundred Fifty-Six

The "Coach" is Brother Bartholomew, a "dreamer", whose visions, he claims, are sent to him directly from the Lord. He uses this to predict the future, and thus immensly help the team's tactics. He spends the game asleep near the oppisite goal, the better to read the opponent's vibes. He is Three Hundred and Two

Trainer for the team will be Brother Barnabas, who has the ability to bend and warp even the things we consider unchangeable. Time and dimensions are his main skill, and he will alter the former to ensure that training is completed on schedule. He used the latter to make the small Monastery Courtyard into a football pitch, where the team will play their World Cup matches. He is Three Hundred and One

Tactics: Shut the Door and Listen from the Outside. The Lord is good, and he shall give us the victory if we have faith and obey. Our actions are inconsequantial, and the outcome is not ours to decide. We merely are vessels, demonstrating the will of the Lord, and the will of the match.

Style: -3. Our team is humble, as all who follow the Lord as we do should be. We expect not to score many goals, but to stop the others.

Only Brother Regis actually plays the game and is on the field during the match. Brother Frederick is a vessel of the Lord, and cannot be held responsible for his actions during a match. Saint Simon creates projections of love, and is on the sidelines. The Defense is four individuls, but their unity is such that they are as one person, and Brother Saul simply prays for protection. The team's tactics can only be described as "The oppisite of the other team's"

3 days ago, Monastery-on-the-Rock

Brother Barnabas stared at the sheet of Parchment in his hand. He looked back at the scribe, Brother Jonathon, who had just handed it to him.

"Brother Jonathon, what is it thoust giveth unto me?"

Brother Jonathon turned around, suprised.

"Why, Brother Barnabas, 'tis the group draw and schedule for the upcoming tournament"

"The....tournament?"

"I dare not speak the name of it, for they call it a heathenous and ungodly title"

"Tell me, Brother Jonathon, for whilst we remain in the Monastery we come to no harm."

"Why, Brother Barnabas, they do call it the Baptism of Fire. Only followers of the devil baptise children in the flames of hell. The purity of water, the blessing of the Lord, is much more clean and good"

"Quite. Could we not, Brother, simply call it the BoF"

"Bee-oh-ehf. Yes, Brother Barnabas, it is this schedule, and drawing of groups, that I give you"

Brother Barnabas unfolded the parchment, and read the scrawling charcters on it.

Group 7:
Grunuik
The tidal wake
Falconwhereveryouare
Bitternea
Monastery-on-the-Rock
Zanzar

The Schedule will be:
MD1: May 17- 1 v 6, 2 v 5, 3 v 4
MD2: May 18- 1 v 2, 3 v 5, 4 v 6
MD3: May 19- 2 v 6, 1 v 3, 4 v 5
MD4: May 20- 5 v 6, 1 v 4, 2 v 3
MD5: May 21- 3 v 6, 2 v 4, 1 v 5

"What is this? I did assume we simply would play such as we do in the Monastery League?"

"Nae, that is not so. With forty-eight entered, we play to this schedule, then we play one another in a quite complicated manner. I can only explain it in that the winner of each match goes on, and the loser does not"

"'tis odd, if it is as you say. So this is to be our schedule. Tell me, what are these little symbols?"

"Which ones?"

"These, here"

"Goodness, I had forgotted to transcribe the outsider numbering system!"

Brother Jonathon hastily grabs a quill from his back pocket. He sucks the nub, and scratches out the schedule, replacing it with:

The Schedule shalt be:
MD1: May 17- We shalt play the wake of tides
MD2: May 18-We shalt play the hidden falcon, for it is unknown where it is
MD3: May 19- We shalt play unsweetend knees
MD4: May 20- We shaltplay a Zan, as well as a Zar
MD5: May 21- We shalt play a weak Grun

"Hmmmmm, I must retire to my chambers now, Jonathon, and mull this over. Our tactics for the heathenous baptism will be most interesting...."

Falconwhereveryouare
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Falconwhereveryouare » Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Hoping to follow up on their successes on the rink with success on the pitch, the Falconwhereveryouare Falcons are preparing extensively for their international soccer debut in Ipeland!

Team Nickname: The Falcons
Team Colours: Primarily Blue, White, Yellow. Red is used as an alternate colour.
Manager: Jack Laughton
Formation: 3-3-1-3
Style Mod: +2.5

Starting Eleven
Left Striker Myles Marrero
Center Striker Art Jarrel
Right Striker Perry Dempsy
Forward Midfielder Leon McClain
Left Midfielder Edwardo Baez
Center Midfielder Darry Kouzmanoff
Right Midfielder Dennis Key
Defender Harriet Stowe
Defender Boris Halth
Defender Ida Tarbell
Goalkeeper Vladimir

Reserves
S Nevil Nowak
M Hideki Inoque
M Igor Jurja
D Yvonne Gyuappo
D Mara Heinlim

If you're interested, a cloned version of this team is in Darmen to participate in the Copa Rushmori. Put their games on side-by-side to get a serious case of double-vision!

RP Permission:
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: N
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y
Last edited by Falconwhereveryouare on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boring Paradise
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boring Paradise » Fri May 11, 2012 11:11 am

BP's World Cup/BoF Roster

For the BoF and WC60 I will be having players made of water, fire, earth and air. The Goalkeeper is air so he can save the ball really fast. The Defenders are Rock because they are the defence. The Midfielders are water because they can move around anywhere. The Forward is fire because it can go really fast and can spread itself. The Staff are Samurais because they had the skill of helping and the fans are the swords for the Samurais because they keep on supporting the team.

Manager: Matthew Johnstone(age 33)
Matthew is the all time manager of Boring Paradise’s best team, Bartholomew FC and for the national team. He has won lots of titles in the past as a football player

Assistant Manager: Andrew Whitehouse (age 36)
Has been helping Bartholomew FC in the league season and national seasons

Coach: Haider Williams (age 23)
Haider Williams has great sense of tactics but unfortunately he was enable to play for 3 months after his injury in the league cup final against Drafters United at Bartholomew City Arena.

Assistant Coach and Team Blogger: Raiyaan McCloud (age 37)
Raiyaan McCloud has big expectations in the matches. And has done many blogs for the matches afterwards

Starting line up

GK: Nathan Pili (age 27)

CB: Lewis Homewood (age 26)
CB: Jenson Browning (age 24)
LB: Ben Collins (age 30)
RB: Jonathan White (age 29)

DM: Joseph Wood (age 21)
LM: Samuel Wong (age 19) (Captain)
RM: Ryan Miller (age 25)
AM: Kevin Harris (age 29)

SS: Thomas O’Henley(age 22)
CF: Robbie Patterson (age 28)

Bench

GK: Charlie Haslem (age 20)
DF: Elliot Groves (age 32)
DF: Jamie Gallagher (age 27)
MF: Alistair Adams (age 26)
MF: Alex Howard (age 24)
MF: Michael Hunter (age 20)
FW: Thomas Rispin (age 25)
FW: Raiyaan Malik Junior (age 11) (he is very young and very good)
GK: Jonathan White (age 19)
DF: Tim Black (age 28)
DF: Sam Michael (age 22)
MF: Owen Whitley (age 19)
MF: Alex Smith (age 25)
FW: Paul Bell (age 27)

Strips
Home: Yellow and Brown vertical strips and Orange shorts
Goalkeeper: Black shirt and blue shorts

Away: Blue shirt and red sleeves with a Yellow star on the centre and green shorts
Goalkeeper: Red shirt and Blue shorts

RP injuries to my players: Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y (Only one more than your team)
Godmod other events: N

Style Modifiers: +2.7

The Schedule for Boring Paradise will be:
MD1: May 17- v Aleprennia
MD2: May 18- v Sanian Confederacy
MD3: May 19- v The Kingdom of Hyrule
MD4: May 20- v Arcade
MD5: May 21- v Cestyr
Last edited by Boring Paradise on Sun May 13, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Paradisian Empire contains the Center, Boring Paradise, and the loyal countries that have sworn allegiance.

Best Places
U-15 World Cup 7 Runners-Up
WWISC 2 Runners Up
U-15 Chamionship (3rd Place)
Friendly Cup X (3rd Place)
Hosted
Internation FireStorm Cup II,III
Friendly Cup X

Sanian Confederacy
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanian Confederacy » Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 pm

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y/N: Y
Godmod scoring events Y/N: Y 
RP injuries to my players Y/N: Y
Godmod injuries to my players Y/N: Y (Within Reason)
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y/N: Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y/N: Y
Godmod other events Y/N: N (Though do TG me about it, I'll most likely agree.)

MD1: May 17 - Arcade vs. Sanian Confederacy
MD2: May 18 - Boring Paradise vs. Sanian Confederacy
MD3: May 19 - Cestyr vs. Sanian Confederacy
MD4: May 20 - The Kingdom of Hyrule vs. Sanian Confederacy
MD5: May 21 - Aleprennia vs. Sanian Confederacy

The Sanian Strikers

We must be swift as a Wrapped Up Winter!
With all the force of a Sonic Rainboom!
And all the strength of a Ursa Major!

Goalkeepers:

- Northern Dash: One of the best goalkeepers in Sani, and a humble pegasus from the coastal town of Cahal Senra, Northern Dash has been known to use her lighter built pegasi frame and superior agility to get an edge over other goalies in similar events. (Female, Pegasi, Starter)

- Honeydew: (Male, Earth Pony, Sub)

Defenders:

- Peach Heart: (Female, Earth Pony, Starter)
- Sterling Steedly: (Male, Earth Pony, Starter)
- Drizzle Brave: (Male, Pegasi, Starter)
- Adriana Locke: (Female, Human, Starter)
- Adam Maus: (Male, Human, Starter)

- Cinnamon Truffle: (Female, Earth Pony, Sub)
- Daisy Petal: (Female, Earth Pegasi, Sub)

Midfielders:

Crystal Charmer: (Female, Unicorn, Starter)
Flare Flicker: (Male, Pegasi, Starter)
- Star Whistle: (Male, Unicorn, Starter)
- Fall Lionheart: (Male, Earth Pony, Starter)

- Erich MacInnis: (Male, Human, Sub)
- Daffodil Flourish: (Female, Earth Pony, Sub)

Forwards:

- Gabriella Boudreau: (Female, Human, Starter)
- Lightning Chaser: (Male, Pegasi, Starter)

- Mark Shepard: (Male, Human, Sub)

Staff:

- Marlene Adams: A skilled forward and even more powerful kicker, in spite of her roots in Vermillion Sands and the fact she grew up in an adopted human family, Marlene was one of Sani's most experienced (albeit oldest at 45) mare forwards. After leading the Sanian Strikers to their first international victory in the Second Equestria Cup (and marriage to team coach Suild Glimmergaunt), she officially retired from the sport as an active forward. Preferring now to use her years of experinece as the Confederacy's best forward to train, drill, and coordinate the Striker's efforts as a Coach in their upcoming Baptism of Fire and World Cup bids. (Female, Earth Pony, Coach)
- Suild Glimmergaunt: The Striker’s original coach and the brain's behind Marlene's apparent brawn. Suild guided the Striker's to they're first international win during the Second Equestria Cup and spent the down time since training and recruiting some of the best human soccer players in the Confederacy. Hoping to level the playing field when it comes to their soon to be entry into the World Cup. (Male, Gryphon, Coach)

- Zoe Senkaku: Daughter of Council Elect, Kurisu Senkaku and carrying the inherent level of political clot associated with that fact. Zoe is the singular individual, who with the backing of her father lobbied for the Sanian Strikers creation in anticipation of the original Equestria Cup and their participation in it’s second incarnation, and thus can be considered their unofficial "celebrity" spoke's person. (Female, Human, Team Sponsor)
- Sweetie Belle: A tertiary director of the Sanian Confederacy, Sweetie Belle is at the behest of Zoe assigned as the government liaison between the Sanian Strikers and the larger confederacy, ensuring the prearranged funding, housing, travel and other necessities are provided for and in full. (Female, Unicorn, Team Logistics Director)
Last edited by Sanian Confederacy on Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Join the Sanian Foreign Legion (SFL) Today! | Coming Soon, The Embassies and Diplomatic Program of the Sanian Confederacy
RIP the Democratic Monarchy of the SHADOW Corporation, 2009-2011
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way to Your Return! +2319 Posts and Counting.

Filopines
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Filopines » Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Filopines national football team

Manager
James Dursley
Starting XI
GK: Stephen Bolton
DF: Jason Dayley (vice captain)
DF: Harry Hobson
DF: Ed Foley
MF: Luis Rodruigez
MF: Stephen Cayley (captain)
MF: Jason Hale
MF: Aaron Bolbing
FW: Ahmed Dibay
FW: Fernando Martinez
FW: Gordon Ablett
Subs:
GK: John Garcia
FW: Jack Harodzic
MF: Jobe Atkins
DF: David Arbeloa
DF: Ben Arden
Reserves:
Rod Thompson
Mitch Norton
David Marsley
Mark Viney
Ryan Gobton
Harry Gosling
Ben Catchon

Kits coming soon

Godmod scoring events: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y (only two per game, one per player)
Godmod other events: Y (telegram idea before posting)
Nation of Filopines
Fort Town, Filopines: Sixth Rushmori Capital of Culture
Native Filopinian names
Surnames

Demonym - Filopinian
Beach Cup VIII Champions

updated 5/01/2015 pre-apocalypse

The Tidal Wake
Attaché

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tidal Wake » Fri May 11, 2012 3:02 pm

The Tidal Wake's National Men's Soccer Team Logo, Kits, and Roster all to follow:

Nations Team's Logo.

National Team Kits.

National Team Roster.

FW- ZACHARY Modzelewski (C)
FW- RHETT Hojeij
FW- FRED Willson
FW- DOUGLAS Choe
FW- GREGORY Self
FW- BRANDON Baylor
FW- CODY Yhore
MF- BENJAMIN Ivy
MF- LEONARD Baillargeon
MF- EUGENE Kirby
MF- CHAD Ashby
MF- CRAIG Dent
MF- RICKY Wass
DF- COLBY Roughton
DF- DARREL Marvel (C)
DF- GLEN Hepner
DF- THOMAS Whiting
DF- WAYNE Meacham
DF- ANDY Thrower
DF- GARY Heron
GK- PHILIP Twigg
GK- JIMMY Carrington
GK- RICK Larger (C)
GK- MIKE Hawk

--------------------Line-Up-----------------------------------
spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by The Tidal Wake on Fri May 11, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TUFM
Spokesperson

Founded: May 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby TUFM » Fri May 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Team Nickname: Union FC
Team Colours: Primarily Red and Yellow
Manager: Arthur Spelanik
Formation: 4-4-2

Starting Eleven
Goalkeeper: Ryan Small
Left Full Back: Peter Kalinov
Left Centre Back: Simon Kirol
Right Centre Back: Herbert Priontov (SKIPPER)
Right Full Back: Craig Hedges
Left Midfield: Boris Yakov
Left Central Midfield: Orson Trailsin
Right Central Midfield: Mark Artamova
Right Midfield: Daniel Chicherin
Left Centre forward: Anthony Nekrassov
Right Centre Forwards: Daniel Tchechenko

Reserves:
Svetlanov
Rossovskaya
Nesterenko
Smimova
Voropaev

RP Permission:
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
Last edited by TUFM on Fri May 11, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deandean98
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deandean98 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Team Nickname: Wagner FC
Team Colours: Yellow and periwinkle
Manager: Wayne Rookie
Formation: 3-4-3

Starting Eleven
Goalkeeper: Martin Rees
Left Full Back: Daved Becksham
Left Centre Back: George Farledau
Right Centre Back: Welnhan Wenhamphs
Right Full Back: Boris Braver
Left Midfield: Houston Masterson
Left Central Midfield: Cough Sneeze
Right Central Midfield: Good Shot
Right Midfield: Daniel Rooneyy
Left Centre forward: Shishe Zevox
Right Centre Forwards: Igotthe Flu

Reserves:
Zach Z. Top
Dean Caufield
Sean Canfeld
Seven Welsh
Pancake Buttermuffin

RP Permission:
RP injuries to my players: n
Godmod injuries to my players: n
Hand out red cards to my players: n
Yes, that is me in the photo. Feel free to point and laugh at me 2 years ago.
Zach Z Top- :( Former Welterweight Champion 4-2
Randall K Ortan- Lightweight 2-0
Tsarsgrad wrote:AMERICA! F&$% YEAH! GOIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERF&%*$#&% DAY YEAH!

Friday Freshman
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Friday Freshman » Fri May 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Roster:

Manager: Colin Friday
Trainer: Desmond Burm

GK: Scott M. Malkin A
SW: Berry B. Arceneaux
LB: Paul J. Perez
CB: Peter J. Holmstrom C
CB: Johnny M. Mangum
RB: Scott R. Pollard
LM: Larry K. Downing
CM: Carl B. Howard
CM: James D. Lowery
RM: Edward E. Colman
ST: Ralph J. Roberts

Subs Bench:
GK: Mack T. Sullivan
CB: Jason S. Fischer
CB: Kenneth C. Adkisson
LB: Ryan M. Harris
RM: Jerry A. Holmgren
CM: Louie V. Sanford
RM: Brian M. Brown
ST: Samuel R. Gipson
ST: Manuel A. Robinson

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Roleplay injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events N
Signed,

King Arthur Dayne I

King of the Eight Kingdoms of Friday Freshman

Monastery-on-the-Rock
Civil Servant

Founded: May 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Monastery-on-the-Rock » Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Brother Barnabas stood, high in the tallest tower of the monastery. His elbows leaned on the wall of the lofty parapet. The sea wind billowed his robes around him. It was times like these when, if he really looked, he could see the shimmering edge of the Holy Sphere. He sighed. In just a few hours time, he and the rest of the Monastic Football Ministry would clamber into a small rowboat, and exit the Sphere. He smiled. The outside world could never understand the Sphere. So far as he knew, the Sphere had guarded the Monastery as long as the building had stood. It was a sort of divine force field. It enabled dimensions inside it to be altered without disturbing the outside world. He knew this better than most, being the alterer of dimensions. The Sphere also ensured that nobody who was not a monk would enter. If a ship or boat entered the sphere, they would see absolutely nothing but a blank stretch of ocean. It took the touch of a monk to be able to experience the inside of the Sphere.

Brother Barnabas shook himself violently. He had come up here to meditate on travel arrangements, not the Holy Sphere. Shaking his head and muttering, more then a little dissapointed in himself, he set himself to pondering

After many hours (however, due to Brother Barnabas' extraordinary blessing, only a few seconds had passes), and having gotten nowhere in terms of travel arrangements for the team, Brother Barnabas was woken from his meditation and contemplation by the sound of footsteps on the hard stone floor. Seconds later, he was roused by Brother Jonathon

"Barnabas! Awaken!"

"What ails thee, Jonothan?"

"I've been searching everywhere. This seems to have floated down"

"Down? Down from where?"

"I know not. Perhaps the land of Margaret? For that is the sort of place these do come from"

"Come, Brother Jonathon, and may I see this paper you giveth unto me?"

"Yes, see? It seems a form of some sort"

"But how are we to fill out a divine form such as this? If it really has come from Margaret, then we must take care, for our actions in this matter may concern or affect our team?"

"Yes, the angel Margaret is demanding. It is imperitave we fill it out in the correct manner"

"Perhaps another angel could fill it out?"

"BROTHER BARNABAS! Blasphemy! How dare you suggest this?"

"No, Jonathon, you do not understand. Send for Brother FrederickL

After some time, with Brother Jonathon still shocked beyond words at Barnabas' apparent blasphemy, Brother Frederick can be seen, shining with the light of the Lord, descending from the night air, still fast asleep. He took the quill offered by Brother Jonathon, removed the parchment from Brother Barnabas' hands, and wrote a few scratch marks on it. The, he ascended once more.
Both Jonathon and Barnabas bent to look at the paper, still glowing faintly. It was filled out, completely.

"Brother Barnabas, my deepest apologies. I see now you were not blaspheming, brother Frederick has been a vessel, and an angel of the Lord has filled out this form in accordance with divine wishes"

"And I forgive you, Brother Jonathon"

"Thank you, Brother Barnabas"

"In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, whom we have witnessed at work here"

'Aye, and now, what shall we do with the parchment?"

"I do not know. But now, i think, it is time to retire to bed. The next few weeks will be very busy"

"A peaceful rest and blessings upon thee, Barnabas"

"And you too, Jonathon"

As he walked down the spiral stairs, Barnabas looked once more at the parchment.

My opponent, if they RP first, may

Choose my Goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
*note: Players injuries, no matter which team, will be healed instantly by Brother Barnabas*
Yellow-Card my players: Y, highly unlikely
Red-Card my Players: see above

It made no sense, but he was content, knowing and trusting the Lord.

He lay on his bed and sighed. Travel arrangements would jave to wait until tommorow

United Vermonters
Political Columnist

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Vermonters » Fri May 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't know much about NS sports, but they sound awesome and I would love to join this..... whatever it is.

Team Name: Oreo Mint (look it up)
Nickname/Motto: "What's the dough-boy afraid of?"
As modifiers go: I don't know what I'm doing so you have complete control
One last thing: I realize everyone else is using real soccer players, but Vermont has none. Please mold these players abilities on their representatives character attributes, i.e. Thomas Chittenden isn't really 282 years old, he's actually 29! "He has slowed a bit with age but still possesses experience and knowledge of the game". That sort of thing.

Scheme:

As a proud US based style, we will play out of the 4-4-2 and rely on great goal keeping and a speedy midfield to dominate possesion and win close games. Our defenders are politicians, our GK and midfielders are atheletes and our forwards are musicians. Our leading scorers are Trey Anastasio, John Deere, and John Leclair. You can't get much better than Tim Thomas at GK. The guy is a world champion and MVP goalie.

Team Owner: Peter Shumlin
Peter Shumlin is the hard fighting working mans victory sandwhich of a governor. His current approval rating is 81% with a resounding 33% even amoung non-democrats. That is the highest of any state governor for voters of parties other than his own. His outstanding leadership amoung people from all walks of life will inspire everyone on the team to play their hardest.

Manager: Bernie Sanders
As a manager, Bernie is perhaps Vermonts best known resident. He is an old, somewhat crazy devout socialist who everyone still likes because of what he did thirty years ago. He is somewhat of a puppet of a coach at this point, much like he is as a Senator. Despite that, he will never lose an election and no one would want to replace him as Head Coach.

Assistants coaches:
Ethan Allen - Striker Coach: Allen was a revolutionary war hero who lead the world famous Green Mountain Boys on quick and decisive raids against the british
Ira Allen - Midfielder Coach: Ethans younger brother was the renaissance man that his players will strive to be. He was a soldier, a governor, a father, a farmer, and a great golfer.
Howard Dean - Backs Coach: Much like Howard Deans 2004 defense of Vermonter Pride and our Liberal ideals, Howard dean will teach our backs to defend the goal with the same tenacity.
Thomas Chittenden - Strength/Training Coach - In his day, Chittenden was an overweight, out of shape man who did not believe in exercise, but he wasn't afraid to take out the cane to get his political message across. Our players would be inspired to play hard via his political ethic.

GK- Tim Thomas: The superstar goalie and Stanley Cup MVP makes sense to play goalie for our team, even if it was in a different sport.

GK reserve: Ben Cohen - Ben of "Ben and Jerry's" is far to important a vermonter not to play, but he is also far to out of shape to play anything but keeper.

Backs (

(1: Pat Leahy: Pat has been in congress defending Vermonter Values for many years. He will serve the same on our squad.
(2: Calvin Coolidge: Vermont's only legit president and defensive captain, Silent Cal', would enforce his small government principles on opposing attackers.
(3: Jim Jeffords: Another Vermonter you may have heard of, Jeffords was famously called a D*** by Cheney after switching from the GOP and giving the Dems the senate. A true liberal, Jeffords will take down attackers by any means neccessary.
(4: Pearl S. Buck: One of the most famous female authors of all time, Buck adds diversity and a fresh look to a team in need of flexibility on defense.

Midfielders (

(1: John Deere: Pioneer and hardworking inventor, Deere is world famous and would lead a hardworking core of middies
(2: John Leclair: The Flyers VT Native is in the NHL HoF and is one of vermonts best atheletes.
(3: Hannah Teter: An actual soccer player in high school and a gold medal skier, Teter is VT's best athelete. She is well qualified to play the position
(4: Jerry Greenfield: The more Atheletic founder of Ben & Jerry's, Jerry is essential to Vermont's team Identity

Strikers:
Trey Anastasio: The Phish frontman is perhaps the best known Vermonter. His endless jam sessions and powerful bong hits will spell the end for opposing defenses.
Grace Potter: Vermont's other music sensation will own the right wing just like she owns the folk rock genre.
Reserves:

US President Herbert Hoover - CB
Madelinie Kunin - LB
Brigham Young -WM
Fred Tuttle - CDM
KT Tunstall - CM
Samuel D. Champlain - AM
Joe Perry - WM

D Captain: Calvin Coolidge
Mid Captain: John Leclair
Forward Captain: Trey Anastasio

Harjeland
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harjeland » Fri May 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Introductions

Hey everyone, Phillipp Holstensson here, the official ball boy of the Harjeland National Football Team, and this is my blog, set up on Blogspace so that none of the people I’ll be talking about can find it easily. I’m 19, out of high school, and had the amazing opportunity to study to be a coach under the one and only Leifur Sigurvaldason. Okay, so that name might not ring a bell if you’re from anywhere that’s not Harjeland, but in my humble little country, he’s a star already.

I’m not actually the official ball boy of the team, but that’s pretty much my job. That, and at the end of the day, Leifur takes me to HQ to study tactics. It’s not a very grand place, that HQ, basically a concrete hole in the wall of the training complex, but I enjoy my sessions with the coach, even if he never uses any of my ideas.

Leifur wouldn’t look like anything special if you didn’t know him, with his slightly small frame, thin moustache, and unreadable face. But if you peel back the layers, you can see the person inside, an intelligent, fair-minded guy. He doesn’t have fun, doesn’t get involved with the players off of the pitch, but he sure does his job well, along with his ancient assistant coach Gunnar Kolmansson, a grand and rather grouchy former strike star with a hell of a voice. That leaves me to be the sort of motivator of the team, the guy that shouts corny phrases of encouragement from the sidelines while Leifur and Mr. Kolmansson do the tactics.

In terms of the players, I get along fine with the ones who know my name, and I suppose with the ones who don’t. My best friend on the team is definitely a big fellow named Vagn Heiðarsson, since Vagn and I are closest in age and personality. He’s real timid, though, unlike me, and the only other person he talks to is his mentor and one of the only normal people on the team, Börkur Víkingsson. Vagn used to be real good at ballet before he went down the path of a footballer, though he’d kill me if he knew I said that. He’s a wicked graffiti artist as well, and he’s done some awesome things around the training ground that always get washed off again by the angry grounds men, though he’s the last person anyone expects.

I’d say the winner for the biggest jerk on the team is that arrogant egomaniac Valgarður Ómarsson. He barely knows anyone else’s name, throws frequent tantrums on the pitch, and will do absolutely anything to get attention from the press. But I’m here to tell you want you want to hear, which is the truth, not my own biased opinion. Anyway, keep in touch, there’s always a story developing on and off of the pitch.

-Phillipp

OOC: No disrespect intended for Cass or her hotels.

“You have to be kidding me, the best place the HFU could get was this?” Þórir Ingvarsson groaned. “I have my own money you know, I think I’ll go find a place on my own, thanks.” Everyone cringed as they looked over the hostel outside which they were situated, which had rusty letters attached to the crumbling overhang above the front door, which stood wide open. The letters spelled out “Omfy Ngt Hotel”, but the faded outlines of where some letters used to be revealed that the “hotel” was called Comfy Night Hotel. Several players murmured their agreement.

“I suppose so,” Coach Sigurvaldason said, but then turned to Coach Kolmansson. “Gunnar, could you make a call to Mr. Jenkinsson at the HFU? I do believe he’s in charge of this sort of thing.” The team’s coach was clearly not happy about the situation, though he never would have admitted it. The team made their way inside, dragging their cumbersome cases of belongings into the lobby, where no one stood to greet them. Outside could be heard the very angry voice of Mr. Kolmansson, shouting into his tiny phone, which looked as if it might break to pieces between the force of his voice and the tight grip in which he held it.

”What do you mean, false advertizing?There’s stillno excusefor thistrashy dump that you…” The team waited in silence on the couches in the lobby, which were surprisingly modern compared to the rest of the place, until Coach Kolmansson stormed in, still holding the poor little phone in a death grip before chucking it onto the floor, where it smashed into pieces. “No luck. We’re staying here for the tournament. He then slumped into an empty armchair and began to mumble under his breath with words that few innocent ears had heard before.

“Hey guys?” It was Björn Skjaldarson who spoke up as he leaned over the reception desk, which smelled none too subtly of heavy booze. “I think I found the desk clerk.”
The Republic of Harjeland
Map
WWISC2 2nd

San Nitrento
Attaché

Founded: Apr 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby San Nitrento » Sat May 12, 2012 5:32 am

Manager- Emile Heskey
GK- Stephen Heskey
RWB- Graham Heskey
CB- Aleksandr Dimitri Petrechev
CB- Tullo Tuallis
LWB- Klaus Hans Nimboubay
RM- Carlos richlieu
CAM- Theo Whistler
CAM- Salim Ben Taieed
LM- Jonjo Harker
LS-Benjamin east
RS- Choi Kaku Takeda
Subs bench
ST- Sam Floyd
CM- Alan Shumacher
CB- Tim Birchall
GK – Peter Lane

ONLY HAVE ONE KIT
Image Image GOALKEEPER
Image Image
NFC
Last edited by San Nitrento on Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinitaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinitaria » Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 am

KINITARIA NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM
Manager: Tofiq Yurovič (age 61)
Home stadium: Central Stadium, Mi'ato (capacity 68,000)
Style mod: +2

The chosen 26 are more or less as most people predicted. They'll generally play in an attacking 4-4-2, which can mould into a 4-3-3 as Kristijan Preda drifts forward. When a defensive formation is needed, they'll shift to a 5-3-2.

1. Costin Petran
Position: Goalkeeper
Team: 1. Maja
Height: 6'1"
Kinitaria's first-choice keeper. Always reliable if a little eccentric. He can always be trusted to do a good, solid job at the heart of the defense, but he has been known to let his emotions get the better of him and it's cost his team a goal more than once.

2. Karl Sala
Position: Left-back
Team: Mi'ato
Height: 5'11"
An old-fashioned full-back, Sala is more likely to scythe down an onrushing attacker than try to go with him or beat him for pace - he's too slow for that. This gives him a minor disciplinary concern.

3. Doran Lupei
Position: Centre-back
Team: Litora United
Height: 5'10"
One of the top players in an outstanding Litora team which sits third in the league coming up to the mid-season break. A very strong player, but always plays fairly and is very rarely so much as booked.

4. Yansu Minkov (VICE CAPTAIN)
Team: Avnani Athletic
Height: 6'0"
Well respected by the rest of the team, it's a very long time since he had a truly horrific game. He firmly believes he's got a long time left to play yet.

5. Anton Spirlea
Position: Right-back
Team: Mi'ato City
Height: 5'8"
The smallest of the first-choice back four, he's very adept at marking and can anticipate a cross extremely well. He's been known to take a few free-kicks and has scored five goals in half a season for Mi'ato City.

6. Leon Cantacuzino
Position: Left midfield
Height: 5'7"
A tricky midfielder who likes to use his skills to slip past opponents. The problem is, he sometimes tries to do too much, which leaves him messing up and looking embarrassed more often than not.

7. Kristijan Preda
Position: Central/attacking midfield
A very versatile midfielder, Preda has been known to play up front or on the wing for his club. His pace is excellent but his distribution of the ball leaves something to be desired.

8. Yulian Kovačev (CAPTAIN)
Position: Central midfield
Always prepared to give 100% for club and country, his popularity amongst Kinitar football fans is almost universal. Sticks to his strengths and does what's needed of him.

9. Čyran Malpomir
Position: Centre forward
Malpomir is known as a potent striker, although "goal-poacher" would probably be a more accurate description. He can always find the right place to be to slot home from a few yards.

10. Luka Sabčot
This man is a talisman for Kinitaria. The pacy, fast-dribbling top scorer is an idol back home, and has often been described as the face of the Kinitar national team.

11. Emil Pročazka
Position: Right midfield
He often has trouble beating his man, but he can put a good cross in. Well-rounded, he's not really terrible at anything, but he can't adapt to new positions well.

12. Sebastien Sykora
Team: AFC Damaciu
Height: 6'2"
The towering defender is good at pressurising opponents and is pushing his compatriots close for a place in the starting XI.

13. Marko Utkin
A more reliable keeper than Petran, but it's not unusual to see him flap at a high ball. He won't be challenging for a first-team place given his current form.

14. Dalča Nurmanov
He's not going to set the world alight, but he can keep his cool in any situation, which makes him the perfect penalty taker. Definitely one for the future.

15. Stefan Gřul
Position: Centre-back/sweeper
Team: Spartak Rexitova
Fierce and intimidating, he never backs down and will always take on an oncoming attacker. The problem is, he doesn't always do it fairly.

16. Petro Naoumov
Position: Central/defensive midfield
Team: Chyri
Another player who's a potential first-team contender, Naoumov is a pacy midfielder who can get forward when he wants but is just as versatile at the back.

17. Vitya Jelen
Team: FC Serenberg
Based on some of his performances, he's a clear candidate for first-team goalkeeper, but he's infamous for being terribly inconsistent.

18. Cyril Novak
Position: Left-back
Height: 5'11"
He's made a name for himself in this season's Premier Division with some crunching tackles. He does try to be too fancy on the ball, though. He'd have better luck if he just got rid of it rather than attempting tricks.

19. Kuzman Laška
Position: Left midfield
Height: 5'4"
Not what you'd call a reliable player, but he can step up to the occasion when he needs to. Not the ideal choice for sustained first-team football, but ideal for one-off occasions and big games.

20. Sergiu Vacarestič
Position: Left wing
Height: 5'6"
Vacarestič has set the Premier Division alight so far with some fantastic technical play. It remains to be seen whether he can keep it up, with some critics suggesting that it may be too early for him to be playing in a major tournament.

21. Karl Pajari
Position: Right midfield
Team: Chyri
Height: 5'9"
A lot of people are baffled as to why he's been included in the team, but he's solid if not outstanding. Tofiq Yurovič will be hoping that his faith in Pajari will be repaid - if he gets a game.

22. Vikenti Andonov
No-one's doubting his skill, but he has a reputation for being bad-tempered. Out of nineteen games so far in the Premier Division, he's played twelve and been sent off three times.

23. Lenta Torok
Position: Right-back
Team: AFC Damaciu
"Painfully average" sums him up fairly well. He can deal with opposing strikers, but not those who are too fast or too skilful. Good enough for the reserves, not for the first team.

24. Markus von Broh
Position: Right wing
Team: FC Serenberg
Height: 5'4"
Another young player who's been tipped for great things by fans. The diminutive winger can fool most opponents and can storm down the wing with incredible speed, and it wouldn't be surprising if he got some game time during the tournament.

25. Lupan Mihalcič
Position: Second striker
Has something of a personal rivalry with Malpomir for the role up-front partnering Sabčot. Very gifted technically, his finishing sometimes lets him down.

26. Zakhar Mateyev
Position: Central midfield
Height: 5'9"
He used to be a lot more skilful. The aging midfielder has been included in the squad in order that he can bow out gracefully in a major tournament.

KITS
Image Image
Left: Captain Yulian Kovačev makes a clearance in our brand-new home strip.
Right: Luka Sabčot, "Pride of Kinitaria", tussles for the ball and shows off our away kit at the same time.

(OOC: RP Permission:
Godmod scoring events: Y (request first)
RP injuries to my players: Y (I will decide the severity of the injury)
Godmod other events: Y (request first)

NB - I'll generally post the starting lineup before each game.)
Last edited by Kinitaria on Sat May 19, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Technocratic State of Kinitaria | capital: Mi'ato | RP population: 145 million | demonym: Kinitar
trigramme: KIN | colours: blue and yellow | languages: Kinitar (de facto) and English | island nation | MT
Weather in Mi'ato | Litora | Serenberg

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26

Champions: Baptism of Fire 47 | Hosts: Baptism of Fire 52 (with Legalese), Cup of Harmony 60 (with Kazamatsuri), AOCAF 43

Rochehaut
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rochehaut » Sat May 12, 2012 2:09 pm

If my opponent RPs first, they can:
Choose my goalscorers:
YES
Godmod scoring events: YES, but a TG will be appreciated.
RP Injuries to my players: YES, but I will determine the injury and severity.
Godmod injuries to my players: NO
Hand out yellow cards to my players: YES
Hand out red cards to my players: YES, but coordinate by TG first.
Godmod other events: YES, but coordinate by TG first.

Liése - The national team head coach, Aubrette Doyon, announced today the roster for the 47th Baptism of Fire, the very first international competition in which a Rochehautese team will take part since the unification in 1990. The team is a relatively young and inexperienced outfit, with 15 sub-23 players. The 23 final players have spent the last two months training, along with other 25 possible names.

“These 23 players quickly became a team during our training sessions, and they have displayed a remarkable ability to work together”, Aubrette said during the press announcement at the Liése Sofitel Hotel, “There were other players I’d like to have brought along, but unfortunately we can only bring 23. This is the final roster, and I have faith in these young men and women to help us reach our qualifying goals in this competition.”

Most names were no surprise to the fans, such as Vienne’s all-star keeper, 19-year old Audric LeBatelier, who managed to keep a clean sheet in 21 out of 38 matches in the last Premier League season, and Paige Gareau, which became known as “Le flash” for her exceptional speed and pace on the forward field.

Speaking of pace, the press hasn’t been able to see this new team play just yet, but judging by the team make-up, it seems like L’Azure will be betting on speed to get an edge in the competition. Air play will probably not be the team’s forte, as most of the teams stars, such as “Le flash” and Collete “Letty” Jomphe are on the shorter side.

Roster

Manager/Head Coach: Aubrette Doyon

Starting Eleven
1 – Audric LeBatelier
Club: Vienne CFA
Bio: An up-and-coming football star in Rochehaut, LeBatelier has already shown himself to be an exceptional keeper, with 21 clean sheets in 38 matches on the 2011-2012 season. He has proven himself to be a key player for his team in the national championship and will most certainly play an important part in the national team. His lightning fast reflexes have earned him a reputation in Rochehaut, and now he will have his chance to show his talent to the world.

2 – Talon Des Meaux
Bio: A medium height but bulky defender, Des Meaux is a particularly physical player, despite his height. His job in the team will probably be to shut off the right side against fast plays, as he is a remarkable play-stopper. His style of physical play, however, makes him somewhat prone to booking, which makes him a bit of a surprise on the roster.

3 – Gradasso Louis
Club: Atlantique CFA
Bio: While he is a skilled and physical defender, with a strong field presence, Louis’ primary job on defense is to keep crosses away from the box. An expert header, he will likely remain a bit further back, near the goal to keep the high balls away.

4 – Merlin Carignan
Club: Guilde Azur
Bio: Merlin learned his football on the streets of Liése, and this shows on the field. He may come on strong at times, but he always makes it a point to keep his team safe from free kicks. He is an avid blocker who isn’t afraid to take a ball for the team. He is an excellent pressure defender, and his experience – he is the second oldest player in the starting roster – is likely to play a part in the matches.

5 – Mercer Adler
Club: International d’Amiens
Bio: A fast, reliable defender, Mercer will work to keep the left side safe from lateral strikes and set pieces. During his career with Amiens, Mercer has shown himself to be a top counter-attacker and playmaker, often carrying the ball forward to articulate his forward teammates. His ball control skills are quite impressive for a defender, and he could just as easily play the midfield as he plays the defense. Overall a fast, versatile player, Mercer will likely rise as one of the Rochehautese stars for this Baptism of Fire.

6 – Colette Jomphe
Club: Saint-Lô
Bio: Don’t be fooled by her tiny size, Letty, as she prefers to be called, is one of the most skilled players aboard the squad. She is fast, she is agile and she is accurate, making her one of the most dangerous weapons of the Rochehautese team. She is particularly weak on the physical side, which usually puts her at a disadvantage against heavy defenders, but she usually compensates with her agility and speed, negotiating her way through the adversary defense lines with ease. She and Paige (Gareau, ST) have been known to form an effective offensive pair, known in Rochehaut as the “Saint-Lô Twins”. They are likely to rise and become the main Rochehautese idols for this competition.

7 – ”Blondi” Despins (C)
Club: Notre Dame
Bio: Blondi is one of the best known players in Rochehaut. The most experienced player in the squad, she was the natural choice for captaincy. Her level head and coldness make her one of the best playmakers around, but she is likely to play a secondary offensive role in this team, her talent being slightly overshadowed by the effectiveness of the “Saint-Lô Twins”, but her leadership will no doubt prove to be an important asset to squad.

8 – Arno Casgrain
Club: Saint-Germain
Bio: Casgrain is a strong, bulky midfield who will likely serve as a shield for the weaker, more agile players such as Colette. While his ball control skills are not particularly remarkable, he can certainly use his strength for his advantage and to open holes in the adversary defense. He’s a good passer, as well, and will likely serve as both a feeder and fallback for the forward-most players.

9 – Damiane Lazure
Bio: Another fast and agile player, Lazure will probably be an important link between the rear and the forwards, orchestrating powerful and fast-paced counter-attacks, the kind which led Vienne to the Premier League finals against Saint-Lô. While not particularly strong, she has a fast pace and amazing stamina, a dangerous combination which makes her a force to be reckoned with.

10 – Malagigi Fecteau
Club: Atlétique de Bastille
Bio: At first sight it is hard to believe that Malagigi is only 18. With a strong, tall build, he has the body a fully grown man in his 20s. A master passer and strong finisher, he is an up and coming star in Rochehautese football, and this is his chance to show it. He is very good at creating spaces in the field and knows how to take advantage of them.

11 – Paige Gareau
Club: Saint-Lô
Bio: Known as “Le flash”, one of the two “Saint-Lô Twins”, Paige is definitely the star of the team. An agile, fast player, she is one of Rochehaut’s most dangerous players in the field, especially if she can find an opening to get through. Supported by Colette, she is likely to become one of the competition top goalscorers. Her only problem, however, is that she may be a bit feisty and hot headed on the field, and has a fairly strong tendency to get into fights and arguments.

The 47 Baptism of Fire Kits
Home

Away

Schedule
May 17: Rochehaut x Cambazooty
May 18: Harjeland x Rochehaut
May 19: Rochehaut x Deandean98
May 20: Rochehaut x Ashley Greene
May 21: Rochehaut x Weatherdon
The Confederated States of Rochehaut
Factbook
Proud libertarian!

Sanian Confederacy
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanian Confederacy » Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 pm

High Council Building, Vermillion Sands, Incorporated States of The Sanian Confederacy

Valerie 'Blackjack' Irving couldn't remember the last time she'd had a good day.

As she stood on stage behind Kurisu Senkaku, running security and projecting an aura of menace for the cameras, the thought bubbled into her mind unbidden. She knew she was supposed to keep her hooves crossed, or at her sides, or front and center, but she raised her right hoof to her face to stroke her chin at the thought. Valerie could see it now: the media descending upon the small gesture, correlating it with whatever Kurisu was currently saying – something about government agencies coming to bring help to such and such a nation for these and those reasons. Does the face of the Sanian Royal Guard disagree with the nation's president? Does Valerie Irving think differently than Kurisu Senkaku?

She didn't care. The polymer shell of her hoof and it’s bizarre articulated fingers felt smooth against the skin of her face as she pensively ran them down her chin. Her artificial hooves were built well enough to detect pressure, but the sensation of individual hairs between them wasn't something her hooves could pick up. Valerie was beginning to forget the feeling after more than a year like this.

That was it, really. When Valerie stopped to think about it, having a good day – or even a normal day – was like a dream. She would drift along, unaware of the fiction of her reality, until something jarred her into consciousness. She would burn her tongue with scalding-hot coffee because she hadn't felt the heat of the mug when she'd picked it up, or she would bump into someone in a crowd and bowl them over with her sheer mass. Isolated incidents would add up and combine to create a sense of unease, of displacement, which ruined any good mood Valerie might try to foster.

It didn't help that Calyn was away so much of the time, working on projects he couldn't talk about. It didn't help that she had to be careful whenever she touched him, because a playful shove could send him staggering and giving his hoof a squeeze could break it.

When people asked Valerie how she dealt with the power, she told them she merely exercised caution. She didn't tell them how it wore on her, always being cautious, always having to deal with the drawbacks of something she'd never requested. That wasn't what they wanted to hear.

And when they said how sorry they were that she'd gone through such trauma, that she'd had to deal with such heartbreak, Valerie didn't tell them that sorry wasn't enough. That wasn't what they wanted to hear, either.

Letting her hoof drop, Valerie shifted her gaze, hidden behind mirrored lenses, to Kurisu's back. No, that wasn't what they wanted to hear. They wanted to hear what Kurisu was telling them right now – that his administration was dedicated to the ethical and moral promulgation of peace, friendship, and international brotherhood throughout the globe without sacrificing progress and innovation. Everybody won, nobody lost. Fun for the whole family. Valerie felt his lip curl and wondered what the media hawks would make of that.

She liked her boss, and trusted him, and felt intensely loyal to him, but at the same time, if Valerie were totally honest with herself, she knew she was more than a little resentful of Kurisu. Valerie's contract had named Kurisu her medical proxy. It had been Kurisu who'd ordered Valerie's extensive combat augmentations when the opportunity had arisen, without seeing if Valerie had even wanted the upgrades.

In a way, it was Kurisu’s fault that Valerie couldn't remember the last time she'd had a good day.

Valerie snapped back to reality as Kurisu waved to the crowd with his right arm, the steel chassis of the artificial limb glistening in the light of the cameras. "Goodnight," Kurisu said. "And remember: We're paving the way for a better tomorrow." He turned and strode off the stage. Valerie lingered for a moment, waiting for her boss to precede her, before she followed, her coat billowing behind her as she moved.

"Buncha vultures," Kurisu said as soon as they were heading down the hallway to the rear entrance.

Valerie blinked, glad the involuntary sign of surprise wasn't visible through her shades. "Boss?"

"Weren't you paying attention, girl?" Kurisu asked, glancing over his shoulder as he passed between two black-suited security guards who opened the rear entrance for him. “Some of those reporters have to be on Sylvia's payroll. Jumping on every hot-button issue when all I'm trying to do is hold a press conference about expanding our Military operations into Noranda, and you know elections for Council Elect are coming up."

As he spoke, Kurisu walked from the rear entrance to the waiting limo, nodding to the driver as the man opened the rear door for him. Valerie followed him into the back of the car, settling herself onto the seat opposite Kurisu.

"Sorry, Boss," Valerie said. "I was – somewhere else, I guess."

Kurisu shook his head. "I know you're ideally not supposed to have to deal with the press, Valerie, but I want you on your toes if the topic eventuality does come up. You're an important figure in my administration, you know." He popped open the minibar in the back of the limo, beginning to fix himself a gin and tonic. Valerie shrugged. "You're right, I know. It just seems…" She trailed off, searching for the right word. "Abstract. Like I'm supposed to watch out for something that might happen to someone else."

When she said that, Kurisu paused, his glistening right hand poised above the cap for the gin. "Something you need to tell me, girl?" he asked as he resumed his movements. "I've been lax on the whole psychiatric-checkups bit since you gave the last professional I hired a nervous breakdown." He finished his drink and moved on to making Valerie’s.

"It's nothing, Boss," Valerie said, seeing if she could deflect the question through sheer bluntness. Still, she doubted it would work. Kurisu’s intuition alone would be screaming that Valerie didn't mean what she was saying. He couldn't see Valerie’s eyes through her lenses, which was the only reason Valerie knew he wouldn't be on top of her over the fact she was lying.

Kurisu finished Valerie's Scotch on the rocks and handed it to her. "You sure?"

"Positive," Valerie said, tipping back the glass. As the smooth burn of good Scotch worked its way down her throat, she fondly remembered when she could have more than one of these without getting seriously drunk. There had been more of her, then.

For the moment, Kurisu seemed deflected. He settled back into his own seat, the ice in his drink clinking as he did so. "Fair enough, Valerie. But I'm serious. I don't bring you along to these press conferences just so you can stand in the back and look imposing, you know. You're the Equine face of my administration. National recognition's a powerful thing, and people will want to know what you think." He made a distinctive motion with his prosthetic right hand which activated the television screen in the back of the limo, then began circling his thumb, moving it through the channels.

Valerie watched as the press conference appeared on the screen. She saw Kurisu mention government plans and rules of engagement for further expanding Sanian Military operations into Noranda, then watched her own image lift a hand to her chin, stroking it pensively.

"See that?" Kurisu asked. "They're going to wonder if you have an opinion about this issue now, Valerie." He gestured with his flesh-and-blood hand, the gin and tonic sloshing in the glass as he did so. "I don't know what you were pondering there, girl, but it's little things like this that the press jumps on."

"I know, Boss," Valerie murmured, taking another sip of her Scotch. Stopping as the screen cycled to the Sanian National News Network, their mentioning of the World Cup and the Sanian Confederacy’s participation in the Baptism of Fire catching his attention. ”Well I’ll be damned. Went home 10th in the First Equestria Cup, then 1st in the Second Cup. And now the Strikers are going on to try it at the World Cup.”

Finishing his gin and tonic with an unceremonious swig, Kurisu wondered aloud. “So what do you think they’re chances are?”

”In the Cup, Boss?” Valerie inquired. ”Yeah.”

”Fifty-Fifty, I know you didn’t watch the Equestria Cup matches. But the Strikers did good the first time around, and even better the second. Heck, they won it and took home the Cup. If anything the Baptism of Fire and World Cup’s just a chance to show the rest of the world what the Confederacy already knows.”

”Good to hear your as much the sports enthusiast as ever. Let’s hope your right, Celestia know’s I could use that kind of political victory right about now.”
Last edited by Sanian Confederacy on Sat May 12, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Sanian Foreign Legion (SFL) Today! | Coming Soon, The Embassies and Diplomatic Program of the Sanian Confederacy
RIP the Democratic Monarchy of the SHADOW Corporation, 2009-2011
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way to Your Return! +2319 Posts and Counting.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon May 14, 2012 6:44 am

Code: Select all
To: Respective Football/Soccer Associations playing in Cassadaigua
From: Stacie Kerrigan-Fraser, President of CASE (Cassadagan Association for Soccer Excellence)
Re: Welcome and good luck!

Hello everyone and good morning. I imagine that many of you now are running through preparations for the Baptism of Fire. I have been looking over the many rosters that have been provided to me so far and I am pretty impressed about what I am seeing. This message is solely for you, as participant in groups 1 thru 4, as you will be in Cassadaigua. All of you have varying degrees of experience, whether it be in international sports, or in other international affairs so some of you might know what you are getting into, but others do not. This reminds me of when Cassadaigua participated in Baptism of Fire 30. We had to go to Cafundeu. Talk about an expensive to play! Whoa! Though the cost of playing in Cafundeu aside, the Baptism of Fire was a wonderful experience for us, and we feel that we got our money worth.

We’ve won two World Cups, and co-hosted another. It’s been worth it, and it can be worth it for all of you as well. If there is one things that makes Cassadaigua different from most other nations, other then that whole women being the dominant gender thing, it is our acknowledgment of our sporting history. We have retired the kit numbers of many of our stars and may continue to do so. These stars are no longer playing, but I bring them to you.

How so? As your “tour guide”, so to speak. Each nation playing in Cassadaigua that gives us an official roster has been assigned a representative that played in at least one, if not both of our World Cup title wins. Their purpose is not to gloat, but to inspire. To show you around the nation and within the respective city and to provide motivation that you can win a World Cup. It will take some time and a lot of patience, but it can be done. After all, I highly doubt anyone that watched Baptism of Fire 30 thought we’d be an eventual two-time Champion of this thing.

Harjeland will be accompanied by Hannah Barton, a starting forward on our title teams. While her number is not one that is retired, she played a significant role in scoring goals, and should be a good match for The Puffins, as our scouting reports show that they may be an offensive minded bunch.

Weatherdon will be accompanied by Tracie Poulin, who was a part of the World Cup 51 team, but didn’t make her mark with us until Cups 52 and 53. Tracie is also a major hockey fan, and watched Cassadaigua qualify in World Cup of Hockey 18 team and stated she was impressed by Weatherdon and wanted to assigned them.

Rochehaut will get physical defender Erica Lambert, who’s #15 is one of those retired numbers for our team. Erica liked what she saw when reading the profiles of players such as Talon Des Meaux and Gardasso Louis, and thinks she will enjoy watching this nation extra closely.

Sanian Confederacy drew a lot of attention with their unique roster, but some players were unsure how that might be able to relate to such a team. Midfielder Shannon Myers, who served as a team blogger a couple times and is familiar with this type of team felt it would be best for her. It is arguable that Shannon is the best player who’s number we have not retired.

Boring Paradise looks like they will be anything but boring, and as such a player who had anything but a boring career, forward Jessica Schanke, will be assigned to this team. Jessica’s #17 is one of the retired kit numbers.

Yugiohistan has the potential to be an exciting team as well, and Stephanie Farison has been assigned to this squad. Stephanie was a reliable defender in her day, the kind of player that you might not notice when they are always there because they make the safe play, but you will alsways miss when they are not.

Deandean98 wraps up the list of nations on the Cassadagan side that have provided a roster to this point. For this nation, which is also showing a passion for baseball, they have been assigned Ericka Giordano, a defender who’s daughter is a pitcher in baseball.

Isointania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isointania » Mon May 14, 2012 9:40 am

Isointania's National Football Team:
Nickname:The Vittotia's.
Kit:

Stadium:Campeggio Amico.

Manager:
Marco Rossi.

Height:6"1.
Bio:Marco Rossi was a great Isointanian player who scored 122 goals for his country. However, his playing career was cut short by a horrfic injury. He was 35. Luckily, he'd all ready done his coaching badges and became manager of Serie Quatto team, Sorprendente Uniti. He took them up to Serie Uno. He was then hired to become the Isointanian Manager. He is married with 3 children.
Goalkeeper's:
Francesco Lombardi.

Height:6"2.
Club:Sorprendente Uniti.
Bio:Seen as a solid choice. He is one of the best players in Isointania. He is married to Claudia Lombardi. With five I.F.C (Isointanian Football Championships) under his belt, he is a very decorated player.
Luca Di Matteo.

Height:6"1
Club:Società Della Vita.
Bio:A young, athletic goalkeeper, who is making a big name for himself. Not much history but everyone is looking forward to see him in the BoF.
Defenders:
Central Defenders:
Andrea Espito

Height:6"3.
Club:Espito Athletico.
Bio:The captain of the football team. A cool headed player, who's won six I.F.C's. Married and with 4 children, he will retire soon.
Omar De Laguini
Ag Age:40.
Height:5"10.
Club:Società Della Vita.
Bio:The oldest player on the team. He's played with Marco Rossi and is a good friend of his.
Carlo Divalo

Height:6"5.
Club:Sorprendente Uniti.
Bio:A young crazy player with bright future if he calms down.
Defender (Left):
Salvador Gonzalez

Height:5"9
Club:Società Della Vita
Bio:A player who will play key roll in the BoF. Almost missing out through a leg injury,Salvador Gonzalez came back just in time.
Defender (Right):
Lernardo Da Holi

Height:6"
Club:Sorprendente Uniti
Bio:An attacking defender, key for counter-attacks.
Center Midfield:
Stephone Di Fraco

Height:5"11
Club:N.A
Bio:The only non-team player here. Non-team because he was released by Sorprendente Uniti but is still a national team player.
Samuele Nivero

Height:5"9
Club:Espito Athletico
Bio:A young talent. Signed for Espito Athletico this year.
Left Midfield:
Saldo Favela

Height:5"5
Bio:The only left midfielder native to Isointania. Not much is known about him.
Right Midfield:
Andre Dazini

Height:5"8
Bio:Sadly, again the only right midfielder native to Isointania. A risk for the squad because of numorous scandals about addiction and his private life.
Strikers:
Giovanni Garcia

Height:6"
Club:Espito Athletico
Bio:Solid choice. Strong, powerful and loyal.
Gregory Klasic:

Height:6"2
Bio:A risky choice. Considered by some to be a plastic Isointanian, because he came from another country. However, he is a Isointanian citizen now.
Espito Geo

Height:6"7
Bio:A fantastic player.A bright future is ahead for Espito.
R.P Parameters:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Y (within reason)
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (within reason)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (one per match; quite unlikely to occur)
Godmod other events N
Team Modifier:
+1
Last edited by Isointania on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
Churchill Quotes:
A lie will get half way around the world while the truth is still putting his pants on

Although prepared for martyrdom, I prefer that it be postponed

I am ready to meet my maker, if my maker is ready to meet me is another matter

Call me Iso.
WARNING! MAY USE HEAVY SARCASM
My 1000 post.
British and proud!!!
23: 32nd. Yay.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports