NATION

PASSWORD

First Winter Youth Games - Discussion Thread - Harrikes 2012

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:43 pm

This thread was for "secret planning" http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=150680&hilit=project+snowflake and thus our planning started just less week after and that thread had not one mention of a winter youth games.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Also, Eusk, my broadcasts can't be picked up in your nation, so don't godmod them, that program is only available to my nation and my region and don't say you got it from the internet as my nation's internet has been locked down, due to revolution in part of my nation.

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Also, Eusk, my broadcasts can't be picked up in your nation, so don't godmod them, that program is only available to my nation and my region and don't say you got it from the internet as my nation's internet has been locked down, due to revolution in part of my nation.

That's also quite godmodly..

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Chenkorya wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Also, Eusk, my broadcasts can't be picked up in your nation, so don't godmod them, that program is only available to my nation and my region and don't say you got it from the internet as my nation's internet has been locked down, due to revolution in part of my nation.

That's also quite godmodly..

Actually happened look in the NS sub-forum, actual RP event, also if you read my entire RP, it'll mention the separation.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:12 pm

It has been brought to my attention that these games are in many ways, a hoax. First of all, the host *swept* the board in a single event, has the most medals after day 1 by far, etc. Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that the host also has up to four puppets entered in these games. Therefore, the host's delegation has better odds at winning the majority of the medals.

Until this is sorted out and explained by the host, I refuse to RP. It'll be a massive waste of time, since my 120 entries are up against a delegation of 480. If it is not resolved to my liking, I will ask to have my delegation withdrawn from the games and I, along with other members of the NS sports community (e.g. my informats) will issue a condemnation against these games.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Yes, I saw that
I also saw that it was Locked per OP request
Euskie is the OP, and I can put two and two together

Also, no, it dosent
Myself and Euskie had planned the Winter World Games, but when that bombed, Euskie told me about the Youth Games, and asked if I wanted to be VP, and gave me the password to the YG account

Since the WWG planning, he has become one of my closest NS friends
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Carmadin wrote:Yes, I saw that

Also, no, it dosent
Myself and Euskie had planned the Winter World Games, but when that bombed, Euskie told me about the Youth Games, and asked if I wanted to be VP, and gave me the password to the YG account

Eusk shut it down without my knowledge, and he became a close friend too of my nation.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:It has been brought to my attention that these games are in many ways, a hoax. First of all, the host *swept* the board in a single event, has the most medals after day 1 by far, etc. Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that the host also has up to four puppets entered in these games. Therefore, the host's delegation has better odds at winning the majority of the medals.

Until this is sorted out and explained by the host, I refuse to RP. It'll be a massive waste of time, since my 120 entries are up against a delegation of 480. If it is not resolved to my liking, I will ask to have my delegation withdrawn from the games and I, along with other members of the NS sports community (e.g. my informats) will issue a condemnation against these games.

The incident of the whole podium was because it was the only event in the whole games where no more than 2 nations had submitted a skill of 1.0. As I perceived this, I put my three entries here with the highest skill, and it actually worked. I can show you the xkoranate image if you want to.

Secondly, the best athletes I have were on this day (2), but day 3 will be lousy in medals for EUS, I know that. The thing is that the draw ceremony, and the medals ceremony was taken into account for RP bonus, but the host apart from this day, gets NO more bonus.

Yes, there are three puppets, for IC reasons. But, the bonus is just taken into account for Euskirribakondara, not for Artsakhestan, nor Monlyuxeburga, nor Puerto Candelaria. If I wanted to get them bonus, I'd have to RP from those accounts, but let's face it, there's no time. So, in fact your 120 delegation is against a 140, the Euskal one... and not for long.

This is the explanation I can give. Now, I do expect this is of "your liking", otherwise, please tell me, and we'll sort that out as soon as possible. I hear your recommendations :)
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:
Carmadin wrote:Yes, I saw that

Also, no, it dosent

Eusk shut it down without my knowledge, and he became a close friend too of my nation.

1. I sent you the TG.
2. I am not your friend, not after this whole mess you've caused.
3. Can you please go back to THE GAMES? For now, you're suspended of the executive board of the youth games, until further notice.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Can you move the Rp cut-off to 7:00 pm UTC-7 please.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Eusk shut it down without my knowledge, and he became a close friend too of my nation.

1. I sent you the TG.
2. I am not your friend, not after this whole mess you've caused.
3. Can you please go back to THE GAMES? For now, you're suspended of the executive board of the youth games, until further notice.

1. I saw it and asked you why you locked it when I was looking to contribute for this.
2.I was reconsidering too
3.I have the right to voice my opinion, so let me voice it without repercussions.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:35 pm

You have the right for any opinion you might like WITHIN the standards of politeness and respect. And this is a discussion thread about the Games itself, not what made them start.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:You have the right for any opinion you might like WITHIN the standards of politeness and respect. And this is a discussion thread about the Games itself, not what made them start.

I do a statement for an RP, and now all of you and your friends are breathing down my neck on something they've only heard one side of the story.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:You have the right for any opinion you might like WITHIN the standards of politeness and respect. And this is a discussion thread about the Games itself, not what made them start.

I do a statement for an RP, and now all of you and your friends are breathing down my neck on something they've only heard one side of the story.

I'm not questioning your RP, as it is, an RP. It all was born when you started fighting on THIS thread. Now that noted, you should better do the RP before the cutooff, that is in 22 minutes.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:I do a statement for an RP, and now all of you and your friends are breathing down my neck on something they've only heard one side of the story.

I'm not questioning your RP, as it is, an RP. It all was born when you started fighting on THIS thread. Now that noted, you should better do the RP before the cutooff, that is in 22 minutes.

both of mine for today are submitted and the arguing on this thread was brought on by this, not by ME:
Carmadin wrote:Darn! I rp'ed, then my PC had to configure, and it was lost. Sorry!

Soviet, your "Interesting RP" was totally classless. You cannot go doing things like that, it's not going to get you much respect here. If you care, from this post on down is the disscussion that sparked the youth games. I don't see you contributing anything there, in fact, i believe that took place before you were founded. I'd like to request that you change your RP, however, I am sure you won't, and you are entitled to your opinion. However, I think many of the other nations who are "founding members" of the YG, which, by the way, includes myself, will agree with me here that you were quite in the wrong.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:It has been brought to my attention that these games are in many ways, a hoax. First of all, the host *swept* the board in a single event, has the most medals after day 1 by far, etc. Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that the host also has up to four puppets entered in these games. Therefore, the host's delegation has better odds at winning the majority of the medals.

The incident of the whole podium was because it was the only event in the whole games where no more than 2 nations had submitted a skill of 1.0. As I perceived this, I put my three entries here with the highest skill, and it actually worked. I can show you the xkoranate image if you want to.

Secondly, the best athletes I have were on this day (2), but day 3 will be lousy in medals for EUS, I know that. The thing is that the draw ceremony, and the medals ceremony was taken into account for RP bonus, but the host apart from this day, gets NO more bonus.

Yes, there are three puppets, for IC reasons. But, the bonus is just taken into account for Euskirribakondara, not for Artsakhestan, nor Monlyuxeburga, nor Puerto Candelaria. If I wanted to get them bonus, I'd have to RP from those accounts, but let's face it, there's no time. So, in fact your 120 delegation is against a 140, the Euskal one... and not for long.

This is the explanation I can give. Now, I do expect this is of "your liking", otherwise, please tell me, and we'll sort that out as soon as possible. I hear your recommendations :)

Cut the crap... you do not *modify* your skills as to ensure sweeping a podium. Furthermore, not all entries with 1 win... that is just plain corrupt. And no, I do not want to see the image, as this can be easily fabricated.

Again, please stop trying to bull shit everyone. You have done it once, I have called you out on it, but you will likely do it again. And I am sure that's why you won 8 medals.

You don't need three puppets for IC reasons! If they are all territories, they would compete under your primary nation IRL. Bergnovinaia has eight territories, but you do not see me playing 8. No, I am playing one. Furthermore, having more delegations almost ensures someone will win, even without RP. It's happend to me before where I enter something, forget to RP, and win it.

So let me say this, Bergnovinaia hereby resigns its delegation from the Youth Games because of fraud, lies, and sheer deception used by the host and his *advisory committee.* A condemnation of these games in this forum WILL follow, with possible repercussion for Eus in the Security Council of the WA (because it has been done before). I can gurantee with certainty that you, nor anyone else involved in this conspiracy, shall recieve a host bid from anything major in the future ever again, and that your own tournaments will be flops. This is purely unacceptable.

Good day.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:

Cut the crap... you do not *modify* your skills as to ensure sweeping a podium. Furthermore, not all entries with 1 win... that is just plain corrupt. And no, I do not want to see the image, as this can be easily fabricated.

Again, please stop trying to bull shit everyone. You have done it once, I have called you out on it, but you will likely do it again. And I am sure that's why you won 8 medals.

You don't need three puppets for IC reasons! If they are all territories, they would compete under your primary nation IRL. Bergnovinaia has eight territories, but you do not see me playing 8. No, I am playing one. Furthermore, having more delegations almost ensures someone will win, even without RP. It's happend to me before where I enter something, forget to RP, and win it.

So let me say this, Bergnovinaia hereby resigns its delegation from the Youth Games because of fraud, lies, and sheer deception used by the host and his *advisory committee.* A condemnation of these games in this forum WILL follow, with possible repercussion for Eus in the Security Council of the WA (because it has been done before). I can gurantee with certainty that you, nor anyone else involved in this conspiracy, shall recieve a host bid from anything major in the future ever again, and that your own tournaments will be flops. This is purely unacceptable.

Good day.

Soviet Canuckistan will consider following the above moves and does agree with the puppet point and will assist with the condemnations.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:Cut the crap... you do not *modify* your skills as to ensure sweeping a podium. Furthermore, not all entries with 1 win... that is just plain corrupt. And no, I do not want to see the image, as this can be easily fabricated.

Good day.

It's not plain corrupt, as said before, it was all effect of the RP bonus given. Then, if you think the image can be fabricated, what if I send the xkoranate file? This just happened day 2, and as I said, most likely it won't happen again thanks to the way xkoranate works. The puppets were as Artsakhestan, MNL, and Puerto Candelaria are totally different, but if you like, I'll retire them from the competition. Having more delegations here does not ensure I will win, because the skills are poor for MNL, and not so good for AKH.

I apologize if you see this as a conspiracy, because it is not. The only problem we've had here is the outrageous thing made by Soviet Canuckistan. Chenkorya isn't even RPing, and Carmadin, I don't see he's involved in anything at all.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:Cut the crap... you do not *modify* your skills as to ensure sweeping a podium. Furthermore, not all entries with 1 win... that is just plain corrupt. And no, I do not want to see the image, as this can be easily fabricated.

Good day.

It's not plain corrupt, as said before, it was all effect of the RP bonus given. Then, if you think the image can be fabricated, what if I send the xkoranate file? This just happened day 2, and as I said, most likely it won't happen again thanks to the way xkoranate works. The puppets were as Artsakhestan, MNL, and Puerto Candelaria are totally different, but if you like, I'll retire them from the competition. Having more delegations here does not ensure I will win, because the skills are poor for MNL, and not so good for AKH.

I apologize if you see this as a conspiracy, because it is not. The only problem we've had here is the outrageous thing made by Soviet Canuckistan. Chenkorya isn't even RPing, and Carmadin, I don't see he's involved in anything at all.

1.Chenkorya.. involved in hatin on me
2.Carmadin...see #1
3. Not plain corrupt, there are many layers of corruption involved here.
4.Even if you send us the files, you can still change them.
5.It does. more people even with worse skills, more people to help you win, you have DOUBLE the delegation.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, both withdrawals are effective then, there's nothing much I can do here. I'll erase those entries from the xkoranate files.

2. I don't know how to modify the files -.-

3. Well then, if the people that are still competing want to kick out AKH, MNL and PTO, they'll be kicked out.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:Well, both withdrawals are effective then, there's nothing much I can do here. I'll erase those entries from the xkoranate files.

2. I don't know how to modify the files -.-

I didn't withdraw, I'm still here, I said I MIGHT, tow you can go in the program and modify the RP bonuses and if you have a mac you can use time capsule or time machine.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:

Good day.

I do not think that you know how severely irritated and appalled I am by this. It is plain corrupt. It's as simple as that. I have numerous informants backing said statements, as well as a director of the board now (Soviet Canuckistan). And no, you can still easily edit said file. And no, xhonorate works in a very similar way, especially if rigged. And keep your puppets (and whatever participatns still give a damn after this is revealed). Bergnovinaia is RESIGNING, and that is FINAL. This, plainly put, is not acceptable. I strongly urge other nations to follow suit and invest their RPing ability elsewhere, such as the non-corrupt Olympics that begin in the next few weeks. However, if you choose not to follow suit, it doesn't matter. Just be aware, you'll be fighting an uphill battle to ensure you win a single medal.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:

I do not think that you know how severely irritated and appalled I am by this. It is plain corrupt. It's as simple as that. I have numerous informants backing said statements, as well as a director of the board now (Soviet Canuckistan). And no, you can still easily edit said file. And no, xhonorate works in a very similar way, especially if rigged. And keep your puppets (and whatever participatns still give a damn after this is revealed). Bergnovinaia is RESIGNING, and that is FINAL. This, plainly put, is not acceptable. I strongly urge other nations to follow suit and invest their RPing ability elsewhere, such as the non-corrupt Olympics that begin in the next few weeks. However, if you choose not to follow suit, it doesn't matter. Just be aware, you'll be fighting an uphill battle to ensure you win a single medal.

I wonder if you realize this,Eusk, that Bergnovinaia has a lot of prestige in the NS world. he has:
-a large storefornt:Bergbucks
-a very good reputation for sports RPs
-and a SC commendation

and Bergnovinaia :clap: , I salute you!

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:

I wonder if you realize this,Eusk, that Bergnovinaia has a lot of prestige in the NS world. he has:
-a large storefornt:Bergbucks
-a very good reputation for sports RPs
-and a SC commendation

and Bergnovinaia :clap: , I salute you!

That's really not the point, because anyone could have made this point and it would carry equal merit. The fact that I am is just coincidental since I was alerted to this by even higher up members in the NS sports community.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:

I'm not getting this part right "if you choose not to follow suit". To follow what?
What shall I do then?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports