NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gotalanda
Secretary

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gotalanda » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:01 am

For Council voting, Anglatia is up for admission. Your options are as follows:

1 - Yes
2 - No
3 - Abstain

The following nations are eligible to vote:

Chromatika
Drawkland
Ethane
Frenline Delpha
Gregoryisgodistan
Kaboomlandia
Maklohi Vai
Nova Anglicana
Saintland
Schiltzberg
Super-Llamaland/Hicana
Zyarus (South Yerfilag)

Please vote for ONE option. TG all votes to this nation. The deadline will be 72 hours from now, 0900 EST (UTC-5), Sunday, November 27th.
Puppet of Nova Anglicana.

Gotalanda
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Gotalanda » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:09 am

Schiltzberg wrote:What are we looking at as a timeframe for a sign ups thread?

I want to have the vote on Anglatia for WBC Council, and then vote for a new WBC President, as my term is up. The new president will open up signups, unless people want me to open up signups as we have Council and Presidential voting to speed things up.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:21 am

Schiltzberg wrote:Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37

Hey there, welcome to the four-time WBC Champions Club, let me show you around!
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:37 am

Newmanistan wrote:
Schiltzberg wrote:Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37

Wow, it is an honor to meet you and share the record with you. I have heard so much about you, but it is great that you have been refounded. I will send you a telegram.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:18 am

Schiltzberg wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:

Wow, it is an honor to meet you and share the record with you. I have heard so much about you, but it is great that you have been refounded. I will send you a telegram.

The old meets the new. Wow.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:58 pm

I know that WBC time is almost upon this, so this question isn't really for now, but when this will happen in the future...

But... when will we be doing another IBS?
Last edited by Ethane on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:41 pm

For everyone's convenience, I have edited in a link to the current WBC Constitution in my post on the first page of the thread (about five posts down), so it can easily be retrieved in the future.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:50 pm

Newmanistan wrote:For everyone's convenience, I have edited in a link to the current WBC Constitution in my post on the first page of the thread (about five posts down), so it can easily be retrieved in the future.

I never thought I'd see your name around again... Welcome back!
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Ethane wrote:I know that WBC time is almost upon this, so this question isn't really for now, but when this will happen in the future...

PMing you
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Ethane wrote:I know that WBC time is almost upon this, so this question isn't really for now, but when this will happen in the future...

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if we did away with the IBS, just since the WBC is what it's really about. I would be interested to see other peoples' thoughts on this.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Schiltzberg wrote:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if we did away with the IBS, just since the WBC is what it's really about. I would be interested to see other peoples' thoughts on this.

Back in the day.... (I love sounding old)...
Based on when WBC 37 ended, WBC 38 signups would have been up now. ;)

I have this strange desire to put in a WBC 38 hosting bid too. It's actually very synonymous with our last WBC, #19.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
Schiltzberg wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't mind if we did away with the IBS, just since the WBC is what it's really about. I would be interested to see other peoples' thoughts on this.

I have this strange desire to put in a WBC 38 hosting bid too. It's actually very synonymous with our last WBC, #19.

I have expressed my plan above and said that if people want me to open signups, despite this being the new president's responsibility, I will do so. Nobody has done so yet.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:49 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
Schiltzberg wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't mind if we did away with the IBS, just since the WBC is what it's really about. I would be interested to see other peoples' thoughts on this.

OMG, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!! You have channeled my inner WBC geek. You should definitely consider doing that. We have had a bit of trouble with activity, and this could help. Omg, and what if we brought back all of the retired champions for this WBC, like Zwangzug? That would be legendary.

Nova Anglicana wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:

I have expressed my plan above and said that if people want me to open signups, despite this being the new president's responsibility, I will do so. Nobody has done so yet.
Let's get WBC 38 rolling. :)
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Newmanistan wrote:

Even back when I started out here, we'd already be halfway through WBC 38's group stage by now. The World Cup cycle slowed down from 4-5 a year to 3 a year starting with World Cup 69 around 2 and a half years ago and since every other event is now allowing the World Cup to dictate its schedule, that means everything else has slowed down too (and this has coincided with roughly a one third drop in signup levels across the board and probably, though I haven't run the numbers yet, a steeper across-the-board drop in the amount of RPs being posted).

Nova Anglicana wrote:I have expressed my plan above and said that if people want me to open signups, despite this being the new president's responsibility, I will do so. Nobody has done so yet.

Given that we're probably slightly behind schedule anyway (even by the standards of the current era's cycle) and that somebody who is probably more experienced than anybody on the Council has expressed interest in bidding for a WBC soon, I wouldn't have a problem with your opening signups for the next WBC and holding the president vote simultaneous with the host vote.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Saintland wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:

Even back when I started out here, we'd already be halfway through WBC 38's group stage by now. The World Cup cycle slowed down from 4-5 a year to 3 a year starting with World Cup 69 around 2 and a half years ago and since every other event is now allowing the World Cup to dictate its schedule, that means everything else has slowed down too (and this has coincided with roughly a one third drop in signup levels across the board and probably, though I haven't run the numbers yet, a steeper across-the-board drop in the amount of RPs being posted).

To hell with soccer!
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Signups will probably take two weeks, so I'm sure it's fine for the old President to start the sign up thread (as that is really just a formality, anyway) and then the Council can have it's vote on the new President during the sign up period.

Btw, can someone direct me to a link to download what is surely a new xkoranate at this point?
Last edited by Newmanistan on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:04 pm

Newmanistan wrote:Signups will probably take two weeks, so I'm sure it's fine for the old President to start the sign up thread (as that is really just a formality, anyway) and then the Council can have it's vote on the new President during the sign up period.

Btw, can someone direct me to a link to download what is surely a new xkoranate at this point?

There hasn't been a new version of xkoranate since Christmas Day 2011, but there have been several modified sport files floating around over the past few years (one of which is the adjusted version of NSFS baseball that I produced around a year and a half ago, which has been used for most recent WBCs). The only new scorinator over the past 4 years that is publicly available is the one I made for pro boxing and MMA (which is nowhere near as polished or user-friendly as other scorinators, to put it mildly).
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Given the support for opening signups, here they are.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Since we're on the topic of voting, there is this article about a Hall of Fame that I drafted a while ago.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a9T ... 7ByWc/edit

Perhaps we could look at that and see if anyone is still interested in the idea.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:Since we're on the topic of voting, there is this article about a Hall of Fame that I drafted a while ago.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a9T ... 7ByWc/edit

Perhaps we could look at that and see if anyone is still interested in the idea.

I would still be interested in a hall of fame. As I recall, I was the one who originally brought it up. I think I would qualify to be in it now too. :P
Nova Anglicana wrote:Given the support for opening signups, here they are.
I'm so excited!
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Just a reminder that we already have updated rankings.
Why I left NS Sports

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Saintland wrote:
Newmanistan wrote:Signups will probably take two weeks, so I'm sure it's fine for the old President to start the sign up thread (as that is really just a formality, anyway) and then the Council can have it's vote on the new President during the sign up period.

There hasn't been a new version of xkoranate since Christmas Day 2011, but there have been several modified sport files floating around over the past few years (one of which is the adjusted version of NSFS baseball that I produced around a year and a half ago, which has been used for most recent WBCs). The only new scorinator over the past 4 years that is publicly available is the one I made for pro boxing and MMA (which is nowhere near as polished or user-friendly as other scorinators, to put it mildly).

Thanks for that. I'll check out your adjusted version.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:19 am

Just a reminder from the outgoing VP to voters and the President that Nova Anglicana, as incumbent, is ineligible for a second consecutive full term. Additionally, should Anglatia be elected to the Council, he will be eligible to nominate someone but cannot be nominated himself.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gotalanda
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Gotalanda » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Results of the WBC Council Vote are in!

Anglatia: 4 YES, 3 NO, 0 Abstain

All nations up for induction into the WBC Council are hereby admitted. Congratulations! The WBC Council now looks like this:

Anglatia
Chromatika
Drawkland
Ethane
Frenline Delpha
Gregoryisgodistan
Kaboomlandia
Maklohi Vai
Nova Anglicana
Saintland
Schiltzberg
Super-Llamaland/Hicana
Zyarus (South Yerfilag)
Last edited by Gotalanda on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Gotalanda wrote:Results of the WBC Council Vote are in!

Drawkland: 4 YES, 3 NO, 0 Abstain

All nations up for induction into the WBC Council are hereby admitted. Congratulations! The WBC Council now looks like this:

Anglatia
Chromatika
Drawkland
Ethane
Frenline Delpha
Gregoryisgodistan
Kaboomlandia
Maklohi Vai
Nova Anglicana
Saintland
Schiltzberg
Super-Llamaland/Hicana
Zyarus (South Yerfilag)

Don't you mean Anglatia?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports