NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships: The Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Estenia
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:23 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Cosumar wrote:Sorry, mate. If the group stage was a few games long, like a double round-robin, maybe you would've been able to build up enough RP bonus. Better luck in WLC 22!

Well, all I had to do was get a single point against West Guiana, OR for Mytannion to tie or lose, and I'd be in the playoffs. Do those things happen? NO!

OOC: I'll be back for WLC 22.

It's all OOC here bro. Goodluck next edition. Here, grab some luck for IBS 17. *gives you some of his luck*
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Hey all, apologies for the delayed cut-off for the Round of 16, something came up.

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:02 am

Star United States wrote:Hey all, apologies for the delayed cut-off for the Round of 16, something came up.

I'm okay with that. I am not okay with the fact I play Abanhleft! But anyway, I shall RP hard to die in the battle with honour.
Runner-up at the 1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, 4th at Maple Leaf Bowl III, 4th on Baptism of Fire 57, 2nd at Runner Cup 4, 3rd at 21st World Lacrosse Championships.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:09 pm

A++

Gotta figure out how to play lacrosse again guys, but yeah.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Estenia wrote:
Star United States wrote:Hey all, apologies for the delayed cut-off for the Round of 16, something came up.

I'm okay with that. I am not okay with the fact I play Abanhleft! But anyway, I shall RP hard to die in the battle with honour.

I see you lost.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to host the twenty-first edition! Congratulations to the winner, and all of those who RPed and made this event a success! Thanks, once again! To those who didn't make it far, keep trying!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Congrats, Cosumar!
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Congrats, Cosumar!

Thank you! And even bigger thanks to Star United States for an incredibly well-hosted event and to Banija for being a worthy opponent.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Thank you Star for hosting! I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Congratulations also to Cosumar for repeating as champs. Thoroughly earned :)
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

World Lacrosse Championships
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby World Lacrosse Championships » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:11 am

Two firsts happened in this edition, #1 Cosumar became the first to win back to back titles, #2 again Cos become the first to place in four consecutive editions, WLC 18 3rd, WLC 19 2nd, WLC 20 & 21 1st. However though he'll have to place three more times to catch up to Sarzonia in the medal count.

Of which, both tables have been updated:
medal count and Table of champions.

See you all again come mid July.
Discussion Thread | Friendly Thread | Official WLC Rankings (post-41) | History

Currently controlled by Commonwealth of Baker Park. Direct all telegrams to that nation.

Estenia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Estenia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:26 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Estenia wrote:I'm okay with that. I am not okay with the fact I play Abanhleft! But anyway, I shall RP hard to die in the battle with honour.

I see you lost.

I lost the semi and finished 3rd.

88% Libertatrian
72% Conservative
63% Liberal

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Thu May 28, 2015 7:17 pm

We're still over one month from the next sign-ups, I just want to put the idea on the table now (and let it gather dust), should we continue to do rankings at all. I will say no, because simply I haven't rped the last two WLCs and still advanced and even though the WLC in comparison isn't rped as much. But the last two-three editions as seen more very well written out rps, quality rps, even from a few (1-3) who don't advance. I know put into the scope of other tournaments/cups those who don't advance even though they rp'd is extremely low. Just want to place it on the table, we can touch it or move it off to the side for the future. For reference the last time this was touched was back before WLC 13

Though one idea i've been wanting to touch is introducing a new lacrosse tournament like a U-21/18, yes the WLC averages about 24 sign-ups in the past three editions, but NS Sports has and apparent lacrosse fan base even how small.

* Edit: I do know that using the rankings on based on the host(s) own preference.

*Another edit unrelated to the two above, for the "Table of Champions" I have tracked down all the editions on the forum and posted the links into the table. The first four editions are all but lost to time.
Last edited by New West Guiana on Thu May 28, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu May 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Even though I am currently ranked #1, I've always felt that the WLC should be far more RP-driven than rank-driven. It should be a tournament that anyone can enter for the first time, RP well, and win. That's the core identity it was founded upon. But that doesn't seem to be the case in recent seasons. If nations are consistently coasting to medals on rank alone, bypassing participating nations, something needs to be fixed. I don't know about doing away with rankings entirely since that can remove some of the incentive to RP in the first place, but perhaps we can reduce their weight or make their use optional for the host. I'm interested to hear what others have to say about this too.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Fri May 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Cosumar wrote:I don't know about doing away with rankings entirely since that can remove some of the incentive to RP in the first place, but perhaps we can reduce their weight or make their use optional for the host. I'm interested to hear what others have to say about this too.

After going back to the pre-WLC 13 and post 13 discussion Civil Citizenry made a ranking that would max out at 1 thus in order to improve your ranking, rping in each edition was essential. I think up until WLC 16 I had tried keeping up on those ranks, but math and I are enemies. For now i'm not going to worry about this very much until we get closer to the next sign-ups in July.
Domestic sports leagues

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:39 pm

Just an OOC note for the Capital Cup challenge: I will be RPing both of my teams separately, so the RP bonus should be recorded as such.

Also, are we playing box or field lacrosse?
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:13 am

Are we using rankings for the next tournament?
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 am

If we are unable to get to 30 participants by the time I draw the groups tomorrow, then the pairing will look like this: six groups of four and one group of five. The groups of four will be triple round robin and the group of five will be double.

If the 30 sign-ups is meet, then it will be six groups of five which then will be double round robin.
Domestic sports leagues

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:36 am

West Guiana, I feel you should have included your intention to not use the rankings in your bid. This could've impacted the way people voted, and announcing this after you already won comes off as misleading.

With Welcomzia's sign-up and Sarian's withdrawal, we are back to 29 teams. I would prefer we wait for the even 30 and go with six groups of five (double round-robin, eight games). I'm not a fan of uneven groups.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:59 am

Cosumar wrote:This could've impacted the way people voted, and announcing this after you already won comes off as misleading.

The effect of bonuses will be set to higher, as I am not a fan of those who are ranked high and chose not to rp and only do so when the final stages are starting. My sudden choice was quite rash, and unexpected and I have tged Jeck if he would update them.

However though I'm not one for uneven groups either, and I wont throw a puppet of mine in and deny some one else the chance to enter. But however through if it remains at 29 by 9 pm(CST-Chicago) when I do draw the groups it may be done unevenly. However though if there are seven groups the 28 team format for the knock out rounds would be used.
Domestic sports leagues

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:35 pm

Am I in the World Lacrosse Championships? I've signed up for the tournament on time, and before the 30th team, but when I go to the IC thread my team isn't there. And there are only 29 teams listed.

I'm very confused :O
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Replied to the above:

I knew Banija signed-up but I must have never added him to the list. Well that makes still 29.
Last edited by New West Guiana on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

Allied Omaha
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Omaha » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:33 am

When is the group draw? :meh: :meh:
Manchester United For Life!
14, Pakistani, FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE, Manchester united is my dream

1st OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CUP
2nd OMAHAN FUTSAL WORLD CUP

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:17 pm

The groups have been drawn 100% random, there are six groups of four and one group of seven.
in other news I forgot July had 31 days and not 30, but July 30 is a off day for group one and July 31 is an off day for everyone else.

July 23: Group Draw
July 25 - August 5: Group Stage
August 6-9: Knock out rounds
July 30, Group One OFF DAY
July 31, Groups 2-7 OFF DAY
Domestic sports leagues

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:11 am

I didn't' even realize we're hosting people at our own stadiums!

I'm super stoked :D
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Pachatiti
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

World Lacrosse Championships: The Discussion Thread

Postby Pachatiti » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:57 am

Banija wrote:I didn't' even realize we're hosting people at our own stadiums!

I'm super stoked :D

Ikr me too :D

Well, I look forward to watching the matches. The exhilerating action, the cheering fans, the tasty stadium food... Whatever happens on the field, its good to know that we and our players played their heart out. Good luck, to all of you!
Last edited by Pachatiti on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"United we Stand, United we Stay" -The Allied States of Pachatiti

Current Foreign Relations Status:
Making great Economic Relations
Peacetime
Current Military Status:
Military on Standby

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports