NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 48 - the rosters thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Cafundeu
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

World Cup 48 - the rosters thread

Postby Cafundeu » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:19 pm

This world is weird... and in football it isn't different.

We've seen aliens, gnomes, elves, bananas, philosophers, monks, doctors, teams with a single player, clones, characters from another dimension...

We've even seen teams composed by professional footballers!

Show us the members of your team here!

WORLD CUP 48

Bazalonia and Cafundéu

Rosters thread

This is the place to put your roster (your team's squad, the list of players). Any information about your team is welcome here, from the names and positions of the players to the information about the coach, the stadium, the kits and things about the country. The information you post here can help a lot other participating countries to RP games against you (or other stories).

So, feel free to post here your squad list and other general information about your team.

Also, choose a style modifier from -3 (most defensive) to +3 (most offensive), which will determine the attitude of your country (defensive or offensive).

And, to finish, you can tell the other participants what they can or cannot do in their RPs involving your team, completing the RP permissions box:

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y/N
Godmod scoring events Y/N
RP injuries to my players Y/N
Godmod injuries to my players Y/N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y/N
Hand out red cards to my players Y/N
Godmod other events Y/N

For RPing, visit the RP thread: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14368&p=516430#p516430
Monopolists' Sport Achievements:
World Cup Committee President (WCs 55-57)
Cup of Harmony 27 and 48 Champions; World Cup 44 runner-ups

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions
DBC 16; OFC6; AOCAF27/30 runner-ups; Q-Cup 2 and Women's World Cup 11 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance
Hosted: WWC8; BoF21 (WC34); BoF30 (WC43); BoF37 (WC50); CoH31; CoH36
HOST OF WORLD CUP 36, WORLD CUP 42, WORLD CUP 48, WORLD CUP 52 AND WORLD CUP 57

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Re: World Cup 48 - the rosters thread

Postby Sibirsky » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Style modifier 0

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events N

Goalkeepers
1 Serge Stevenson
12 George McCartney
23 Stephen Johnson

Defenders
2 John Hampton
3 Charles Jackson
4 George Attacki
5 James Andrews
13 Steven Beavers
14 Michael Brews
15 Jack White

Midfielders
6 Evan Rogers
7 Andrew Zex
8 Zydrunas Guskias
16 Igor Nefertinov
17 Mihail Utkin
18 Andrei Ponomarenko

Strikers
9 Fabiano
10 Pepe
11 Melo
19 Victor
20 Anderson
21 Ronaldinho
Last edited by Sibirsky on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Tatuape
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tatuape » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:33 pm

TATUAPE WORLD CUP 48 TEAM

An official press-release of TATUFA (Tatuape Football Association)
(Starting eleven in bold, best bench in italic, the other in regular)

Manager
Mr. Montgomery "the Phyton" Kirkos

Goalkeepers
1. John Leibniz, GK - Deutschland FC
12. Bob Plato, GK - Griechenland FC
19. Phil Plotin, GK - Griechenland FC

Defenders
2. Igor Kant, R/CB - Deutschland FC
3. Jorge Hegel, L/CB - Deutschland FC (CAPTAIN)
5. Frank Schelling, R/L/CB - Deutschland FC
6. Bob Beckenbauer, CB - Deutschland FC

13. Ed Epiktet, LB - Griechenland FC
14. Al Aristoteles, R/CB - Griechenland FC
20. Sal Sophokles, SW/CB - Griechenland FC
21. Empedokles von Acraga, C/RB - Griechenland FC

Midfielders
4. Alfie Schopenhauer, C/DM - Deutschland FC
7. Kit Jaspers, C/LM - Deutschland FC
8. Phil Schlegel, AM - Deutschland FC
11. Matt Heidegger, SC/LW - Deutschland FC

15. John Sokrates, CM/CF - Griechenland FC
16. Calvin Marx, RM - Deutschland FC

22. Harold Heraklit, C/DM - Griechenland FC

Forwards
9. Lou Wittgenstein, SC - Deutschland FC
10. F.F Nietzsche, SC - Deutschland FC
17. Al Archimedes, SC - Griechenland FC
18. Ed Epikur, CF - Griechenland FC
23. David Demokrit, SC - Griechenland FC

Kits (made by Tatuapean SunTzu Co.)

HOME/AWAY

Style= +1

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players N
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events N
Last edited by Tatuape on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TATUAPE SPORTS HISTORY
Champions: Golfinator Open (Siegfried Pollock)
Semifinalists: 1st International Gordonopia Cup (Post-Modernity FC)
Olympic Medal Table
Summer: Gold: 0 Silver: 0 Bronze: 1
Winter: never entered
Total: Gold: 0 Silver: 0 Bronze: 1
Medalists
Bronze: Mark Foucault - Men’s Welterweight (IV Olympiad)

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:19 pm

World Cup 48
Macabee Squad

[Home kit.]

[Away kit.]

Code: Select all
Elect my scorers — No
Give out yellow cards to my players — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — No
RP injuries to my players — Yes
Godmod injuries — No
Godmod scoring events — No
Godmod other events — No

Style Modifier: +3

Manager: Níal Ters; Ters replaced Glem Dalá on the onset of the World Cup 47 final tournament. Like his predecessor, he lost every match played of the final tournament, and so his true test will be during the Díenstad Cup (where his predecessor's squad was knocked-out during the quarterfinals by Lamoni, who would go on and win that tournament). Níal Ters will be fighting for his job to manage during the World Cup 48 qualification tournament, where many are hoping the Golden-Whites will get to the final tournament (again), and win a match.

Squad Listings:

Lars Kíendar (27), Goalkeeper: Lars Kíendar is the starting goalkeeper for Royal Club Española, one of the most successful teams in the Ligue Imperiotech (2016/2017 champions). He has a history of “standing in the right place, at the right time”, and is good at protecting the goal against breakaways. He also works well under pressure. Unfortunately, his young age (twenty-one) precludes him of having the necessary experience to be comparable to world renowned goalkeepers. Despite this, he has a bright future ahead of him, not just as a goalkeeper in the league, but as the starting goalkeeper for the national team.

Díendar Shost (23), Goalkeeper: Díendar Shost is a youth goalkeeper, hoping to gain experience to be bought into a premier league. He is quick, intelligent and is known to “stand in the right place”. Being tall, he is also good at stopping balls in the airs, including protecting against high-ball corner kicks into the area. This makes him one of the most powerful youth goalkeepers available. His first international game was in the tenth Di Bradini Cup, with the national under-21 football team. This will be his first World Cup appearance.

Nantes Resien (29), Wing Back: The young Nantes Resien is one of the premier wing backs in the Ligue Imperiotech. He plays for Royal Club Española and is one of the leading causes for the excellent connection between the defense and the offense in the team, which is in turn a major cause of their success in the league. He is also one of the best domestic set-piece kickers, explaining his often time played role of free kicker during direct kicks. He is one of the leading scorers of this type; scoring directly from the free-kick into the goal.

Lisander Tíermark (28), Wing Back: Lisander Tíermark is another well known and excellent wing back, and one of the few players on the national team which do not play in domestic league teams. Tíermark is a wing back for the Quintessence of Dust league team Highmark City Blues. Prior to his international career, he played for Fedala Imperial. He is fast, and is capable of both offensive and defensive tasks. His ambition, however, has led him to play an offensive role at the expense of defensive play, sometimes leaving a gap on the wings of the team’s defense.

Bur Xetal (25), Wing Back: Bur Xetal is one of the youngest players on the national team. His main purpose is to develop his skill and experience in order to formulate him into a good winger to replace others as they grow older, or if they are injured. Xetal is fast, smart and an extraordinary defender. He can only assist in the tasks in the midfield, and is good with connecting with strikers on top for quick counterstrikes. He is a valuable asset in the counter attack, and is known for extremely lethal accuracy when it comes to assisting a striker for a goal.

Kel Kanis (21), Wing Back: Kel Kanis is not only an excellent youth right-back, but he is also one of the best set-piece kickers of the under-twenty-one national team. He has the uncanny ability to drop a ball right into the area, on top of a “friendly player”, making him extremely dangerous when playing on the wings. He is, however, very susceptible to moving up front, sometimes sacrificing his defensive awareness. He can also play as an attacking midfielder.

Sergi Gut (30), Center Back: The relatively young Gut is a “center back in training”. That is, his purpose is to train and gain experience to replace either Fedal or Fernán in the future. He is one of the players which will form the core of the team in future world cups, allowing for a gradual increase in average skill. He current plays for Illusqué; his contract is coming to an end at the end of this season and he has expressed interests in playing on a foreign team. He is likely to come out a lot during the qualifying matches for the World Cup group stage.

Ladis Berk (26), Center Back: Ladis Berk played for Port Tenacious, as is one of the nation’s best young center backs. He is more experienced than most center backs of his age, and has good speed, easily earning him a spot on the national team. He is likely to be called-up for the regular national team, as well, for World Cup 47. He recently was awarded a contract by Eastport United.

Nantes Fersas (23), Center Back: Nantes Fersas is much like Ladis Berk, but younger. He is a promising youth player, and will reportedly be brought up to the first division by next season. However, his agent has been looking for an international outlet. He proved an illustrious U-21 player during DBC 10 and was thus called up for the national team.

Agin Kal (21), Center Back: A young, relatively inexperienced center back, he is nonetheless smart and fast. He is also a fast learner. He has been recently contracted by the Fedala Imperials for roughly eight million Ríokmarks, making him a relatively expensive youth transfer. He is one of the nation’s great future promises in defensive football. He participated in two previous Di Bradini Cups, and this will be his first tournament with the senior side.

Agno Míarnar (29), Defending Midfielder: Agno Míarnar is Dertish Malfor's replacement as a defensive midfielder. Dertish Malfor died of a heart attack during World Cup 46. Agno Míarnar plays in Port Elusive and has been contracted for the national team.

Sergi Bert (24), Defending Midfielder: Sergí Bert is the common starting defensive midfielder; he is a young, talented midfielder. Replaced Dertish Malfor in this position after this player's death. Sergí Bert played for a semi-professional team outside of the official league system. During World Cup 47 he showed his talent and was contracted by SC Lasft.

Joán Zeneti (26), Attacking Midfielder: Joán Zeneti is another international player. He is an attacking midfielder for the Somewhereistonian team Qasarian Sparta B. Nevertheless, he is extremely skillful and has been a key asset in Qasarian Sparta’s aspirations to rise to the “premier league”. He is also one of the best attacking midfielders present for the Macabee National Football Team, and is young enough to guarantee his presence in the next two world cups, at the very least. His strengths are in organization, and he has the capability to clearly set up lines of attack with other midfielders and strikers. That is, he’s successful in presenting opportunities for the goalscorers, and he has scored many goals himself. His capabilities as a midfielder have attracted the interest of other international managers, and he is likely to have a promising career.

Ses Dermán (30), Attacking Midfielder: Dermán’s main strengths are speed and range of shot, allowing him to connect with strikers for quick counter attacks. He is also known for his maneuverability on the field, to create scoring opportunities once the opposing team has formulated its lines of defense. Dermán plays for Eleptik, another team in the Ligue Imperiotech.

Tritor Maníac (21), Attacking Midfielder: Maníac is Gert's (27) replacement, designed to give fresh blood for future generations of Macabee National Teams. He is quick, intelligent and is also an excellent set piece kicker. He is currently rogue for World Cup 47 and looking for a team, although rumors persist that he has been contacted by several Macabee teams.

Santi Vervánt (32), Center Midfielder: He is Mitoraj’s right-hand man, so to speak, and also plays for Adventubier. He is also very intelligent and good at creating plays. The main advantage to his presence is to unclog the field should Mitoraj be tightly marked. This gives the team another superb playmaker, in case their foremost playmaker is adequately covered and pressured. He gives the Macabee midfield a very powerful presence in the face of similarly skilled teams.

Georgi Rest (30) and Víeb Tahol (23), Center Midfielders: These two midfielders have similar skills and they both play for Royal Club Española (making this team the largest contributor to the national taem). Víeb Tahol is really the growing prodigy of the national team, and is likely to play in upcoming under-twenty-one competitions, as well. They are both fast and able to connect with other players, making them valuable assets for any playmaker in setting up a strategy. They can also help in defensive tasks.

Guy Lafos (22), Central Midfielder: Lafos is a playmaker, and is able to control the speed of the game. This makes him the team’s premier youth midfielder, and also a promising candidate for the regular national team. He took part in the 10th Di Bradini Cup, and also has been called up for the senior national team for the Díenstad Cup. Depending on the success of the team there, he may be called up for the 48th World Cup.

José Santos (21), Central Midfielder: José Santos is Uiric by birth, but due to Macabee laws which allow dual citizenship for those of Macabee ancestry, José Santos decided to apply for citizenship and play for the Macabee senior squad. He originally began his international career in the Uiri Under-21 National Football Team. He is intelligent and a good playmaker, and he is likely to be used as a frequent replacement for the squad starters (or even start himself, in some matches). He is the first foreign player to ever play for the Macabee National Football Team (or, more accurately, the only player born abroad).

Mika d’Angíel (30), Striker: Mika d’Angíel is one of the most valued strikers in the world, and already made his international presence during an under-twenty-one competition in Starblaydia, and then during both World Cup 44 and World Cup 45. He is the premier striker of the national team, and one of the highest scorers. He currently plays in the Yaforite league. During the Díenstad Cup he was the tournament's top scorer.

Shost Glen (27), Striker: Glen is a younger, powerful forward. His main strength is his accuracy, since he is not too good with creating opportunities to score. He is powerful when he has another player to connect with him on the top, since he is good at controlling and accurately shooting the ball with much strength. As a result, he is more of a direct attacker and mostly used when the midfield has control of the game.

Nether Falsó (27), Striker: Falsó is another powerful striker with his eye on goal, although he is not as accurate as Glen. He is, however, a better playmaker, allowing him to set up a shot if the shot is not immediately clear to him. This makes him a more valuable asset when the midfield does not have control of the game. As a result he and Glen alternate as substitutes during games, depending on how the midfield is doing.

Darsí Bon (21), Striker: A very young striker who was recently promoted to the main team from Illusqué’s youth club. He is intelligent and fast, giving him good qualities to break away from the defense. This will be his first World Cup appearance, although he had previously played internationally during the Di Bradini Cup.
Last edited by The Macabees on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Qazox Pheonix World Cup 48 Roster:
New Uniforms (thanks again to ediraf)
Home:
Away:
Goalie Uniform:

After the unexpected success of the Team at World Cup 47, most of the team retired, but there are a few who remain from that team. Joining them are the U-17 team that finished 3rd at the Phoenix Cup, along with a couple of U-21 team members. The expectations haven't been this high since World Cup 42, and perhaps this team can live up to them.

Formation: 4-3-3
Head Coach: Kallie Jaus, Age 47

STARTERS

(add a year for 2nd half of qualifiers, 2 years for World Cup (if i qualify))

(New starters in Italics)

Goalkeeper:
    Marc Klick (Age 32)
    Defense:
    Bernette Swinson (Age 31)
    Lucile Hulin (Age 30)
    Nathaniel McChristian (age 32)
    Sean Paulson (Age 18)

Midfielders:
    Reginald Gillispie (Age 31)
    Ramon Palin (Age 30)
    Minka Olashava (Age 17)

Forwards:
    Matilda Swords (Age 32) TEAM CAPTAIN
    Deana Kuhlman (Age 30)
    Craig Muntz (Age 17)

Reserves:
    Goalies:
    Michelle Phillips (Age 22)
    Ryan Davids (Age 17)
    Defense:
    Fran Holcombe (Age 15)
    Vic DeBarre (Age 16)
    Claudette Simpson (Age 17)
    Midfield:
    Benjamin Franks (Age 16)
    Charlotte Carell (Age 17)
    Erica Werth (Age 17)
    Forwards:
    Haley Johnson (Age 16)
    Mike Chalmers (Age 21)
    Erica Hansen (Age 22)

Style Modifier: [b]+3[/b]

In the event my opponent posts an RP first, they may:

Select my scorers? Yes (Please none of my Goalies scoring, thanks)
Give out yellow cards to my players? Yes.
Give out red cards to my players? Yes (no more than 1 per game please.)
RP injuries to my players? Yes, nothing severe.
Godmod injuries? No.
Godmod scoring events? No.
Godmod other events? No, unless it has to do with weather.

Home stadia to be used: TBD after Schedule comes out.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Taeshan National Football Team
Modifier -3
Manager-Zeke

Roster
No. Position Player
1 GK Wanner Padawan
2 CD Laila Titoroni
7 LD Adam Fortune
10 RD José Hüron
11 LM Horatio Saguchi
14 CM Zeke Jr.
17 DE Miquel Æto
18 RM Brian Ying Uing (captain)
19 RS Hele
21 MR Tyler Kenroe
24 ST Elanor Kelly
27 RS A.F. Falcon
35 ST Damian Aslott
49 MI Ariel
62 GK Adam Flight
70 DE Jayson ßtrong
77 LS Alex Tyrony
80 MI Zack Phish
88 ML Manny Warren
99 LS Doug Newier

--Padawan--
--Fortune--Titoroni--Hüron--
--Saguchi--Zeke Jr.--Ying Uing
--Tyrony--Newier--Hele--Falcon

Jerseys

Home

Away
Last edited by Taeshan on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Kosovoe
Attaché

Founded: Feb 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovoe » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:39 pm

The Kosovoe Blue Tornado(s)
Modifier +3
Manager-Duggie Smith

Roster
No. Position Player
00 GK Aximili Riddle
6 ST Ollie Might
7 DE Jeffrey Morgan
8 RD Ryan Lagono
11 MI Griffin Myers
13 MI Eli Walker
14 MI Desmond Desiree
18 DE Tyler Stewart
22 MI Xavier Hiroshima (captain)
25 ST Ossi Euro
29 DE Thomas Miller
32 ST Angel Kenssington
40 ST Jamie Barry
50 MI Derry Demiond
71 ST Fred Minor
87 DE Allen Sorrow
92 DE Seth Gronge
99 GK Royce Koplon

--Riddle--
--Morgan--Stewart--Miller--Lagono--
--Myers--Hiroshima--Walker--
--Euro--Barry--Kensington--

Jerseys
Home

Away

Alternate

Albundania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albundania » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Jerseys:

Home: Image

Away: Image

Alternate: Image

GoalKeepers

0: Jonathon Carrasco (29 yrs)
20: Kenneth Cavanaugh (31 yrs)
8: Leonard Canton (27 yrs)

Defenders

49: Bruce Gupton (30 yrs)
69: Ronald Juan (32 yrs)
40: Anthony Brammer (26 yrs)
43: Lionel Liszeo (24 yrs)

41: Andrew Music (26 yrs)
52: John Meek (23 yrs)
21: Michael Brownfield (21 yrs)

Midfielders

21: Glenn Colemen (29 yrs)
34: Justin Carrol (23 yrs, team captain)
11: Jeremy Milne (27 yrs)

29: Terry Mcnalle (23 yrs)
28: Jonathon Noble (24 yrs)
7: Harry Brit (22 yrs)

Strikers

1: Joshua Lords (23 yrs, 7 goals)
10: Roy Rankin (30 yrs, 6 goals)
13: Martin Simpson (24 yrs, 10 goals)

5: Howard Drum (19 yrs)
3: Alan Wolf (22 yrs)
51: Bobby McGray (25 yrs)

bolded indicates person is on starting roster

Few tweaks. Will update roster again soon to include caps.

RP Permissions:
Everything except killing/major injuries and please avoid red cards.

Style Modifier: +1
Last edited by Albundania on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Soccer:
World Cup:
Qualified: 52-55
Ro16: 54
QF: 55
Finalists: 53

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:57 pm

THE VALLADAR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

OFFICIAL ROSTER FOR THE WORLD CUP 48

Formation: 4-4-2
Head Coach: John Clark

Starting Line
1. Luis Fuentes, GK, 27 - Metropolis Alligators
2. Yoan Lannoy, DRC, 29 - Eterna Stars
3. George Chenney, DRC, 30 - Tannenberg FC
4. Jerôme Perrin, DC, 26 - AS Bezieres
5. Ryan Jones, DL, 31 - Slateport Bulls
6. Armando Rivas, MR, 25 - Metropolis Alligators
7. Charles Dickens, MC, 24 - Chiquito FC
8. Luis da Lima, MLC, 31 - AS Bezieres
9. Paulo Oliveira, SRC, 28 - Marinos Metropolis
10. Hugo Ruiz, SLC, 29 - Tannenberg FC
11. Jefferson Ospina, SLC, 25 - Metropolis Alligators

Bench Line
12. Fabian Sánchez, GK, 27 - Marinos Metropolis
13. Tom Moore, GK, 24 - AS Bezieres
14. Ruben Calheira, DR, 26 - Eterna Stars
15. Josue Montaña, DC, 32 - Marinos Metropolis
16. Alain Dufraz, DLC, 24 - Metropolis Alligators
17. Pablo Cifuentes, DL, 29 - Chiquito FC
18. Gilbert Le Tallec, MR, 30 - Fontvielle Impact
19. Tommy Taylor, MC, 25 - Tannenberg FC
20. Ronald Moulin, MLC, 27 - Eterna Stars
21. Miguel Florez, SRC, 22 - Slateport Bulls
22. Andrés Pérez, SC, 26 - Tannenberg FC

RP PERMISSIONS:
In the event my opponent RPs first, they may...
Choose my goalscorers YES
Godmod scoring events YES
RP injuries to my players NOT without permission
Godmod injuries to my players NOT without permission
Hand out yellow cards to my players YES
Hand out red cards to my players YES
Godmod other events YES only if they involve weather conditions

KITS: (Provided by X-Spordiga)

Home Kit

Away Kit

Third Kit

STADIA:

Valladares will play its qualification games in four stadia:

Hydro Arena or National Stadium in Swangard-Metropolis (Cap: 85,000)
Metropolis Dome in Metropolis (Cap: 85,000)
Olympic Stadium in Tannenberg (Cap: 62,000)
Alain Tramontin Stadium in Eterna City (Cap: 55,000)
Last edited by Valladares on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Koseli Cumhuriyetler
Secretary

Founded: Dec 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Koseli Cumhuriyetler » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:04 am

Koseli Squad:

Coach:
Serkan Turkmen, Age: 51

Goalie:
1. Arda Aslanoglu, Age: 25, Gelibolu
12. Ayhan Battal, Age: 37, Gokcenk
23. Hun Sercan, Age 33, Kose Sehir AS

Center Back:
2. Emre Koca, Age: 37, Gelibolu
3. Cem Can Ozcan, Age: 31, Sultanli Fk
13. Nuri Boncuk, Age: 31, Kuzeykoyspor
14. Ozalan Alpaslan, Age: 30, Sultanli FK

Right Back:
4. Mehmet Karadeniz, Age: 31, Genclerbirligi
15. Mesut Hurst-Kologlu, Age 31, Sorthern Turkspor

Left Back:
5. Colin Benjamin Ak, Age: 31, Sorthern Turkspor
16. Mustafa Umran, Age: 17, Sultanli FK

Center Midfield:
6. Kazim Hayrettinoglu, Age: 19, Gelibolu
7. Ergun Uzun, Age: 34, Atlar
17. Serkan Pendik, Age: 34, Ilhankoy
18. Osman Cayci, Age: 34, Gokcenk

Left Midfield:
8. Hasan Turkmen, Age: 33, Nurinspor
19. Sakir Sabanov, Age: 17, Kazimspor

Right Midfield:
9. Umut Attici, Age: 19, Gelibolu
20. Ozgur Bozaci, Age: 34, Kuzeykoyspor

Striker:
10. Mehmed Emre Kose, Age: 18, Sultanli FK
11. Ayhan Genc, Age 32, Sultanli FK
21. Nuri Altintop, Age: 17, Gokcenk
22. Rasad Timur Mehmetov, Age: 16, Gelibolu
Style: +3

Kits:

Stadium
Olympic Stadi:
Capacity: 65, 000

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (not too serious)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (Max 2)
Godmod other events Y (go nuts just nothing like a terrorist blows up my stadium)
Last edited by Koseli Cumhuriyetler on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Catmeowland
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Catmeowland » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:31 am

CATMEOWLAND OFFICAL ROSTER

COACH : Micek Afulicek (Karatotoceki)
ASSISTANTS : currently unkown due to problems

FORMATION : generally 4-3-3

GOALKEEPERS:
Icek Alnicek (Krocek) # 1
Cek Efarcek (Karatotoceki) # 12
Licek Hvaticek (P.Picek) # 99

DEFENDERS:
Acek Branicek (Meow Transport FC) # 4
Cek Mucocek (Karatotoceki) # 7
Csek Nepustcek (Meow Transport FC) # 5
Icek Cek (Krocek) # 16
Acek Zaustacek (Krocek) # 6
Licek Tozirananicek (Ilovceki) # 32
Cek Kakorcek (P.Picek) # 20
Icek Vilkicek (Meow Transport FC) # 21

MIDFIELDERS:
Icek Veznicek (Karatotoceki) # 8
Kkek Slobicek (Karatotoceki) # 13
Nocek Mlicek (Meow Transport FC) # 15
Locek Frodcek (Meow Transport FC) # 22
Prcek Rcek (P.Picek) # 35
Cek Kokocek (P.Picek) # 30
Nocek Picek (Meow Transport FC) # 9

ATTACKERS:
Enicek Minecek (Karatotoceki) # 17
Micek Driblicek (Karatotoceki) # 10 CAPTAIN
Acocek Pucicek (Karatotoceki) # 40
Icek Napadicek (P.Picek) # 38
Picek Ragadicek (Meow Transport FC) # 26

HOME STADIUM: Kroconocek (Krocek), capacity: 36000

STYLE MODIFIER : +0.5

IF MY OPPONENT POSTS AN RP FIRST, HE CAN:

Choose my goalscorers : yes
Godmod scoring events : no
RP injuries to my players: yes but not too hard
Godmod injuries to my players : no
Give out yellow cards to my players : yes
Give out red cards to my players: no
Godmod other events : no
BoF 35 runners-up

Dariusville
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dariusville » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 am

Yaay for utter ridiculousness, right? Got to love madness.

This time, we bring you pokémon. How awesome is that? Frigging pokémon.

Oh, the manager is Dariusville's Grand Vizier. He doesn't know a lot about football, but he knows how to handle himself with the pokémon. At least, I hope for him.

First XI

GK
Snorlax
Very lazy. Just eats and sleeps. As its rotund bulk builds, it becomes steadily more slothful.

DL
Kabutops
Its sleek shape is perfect for swimming. It slashes prey with its claws and drains the body fluids.

DR
Machoke
Its muscular body is so powerful, it must wear a power save belt to be able to regulate its motions.

DC
Venusaur
The plant blooms when it is absorbing solar energy. It stays on the move to seek sunlight.

DC
Blastoise
A brutal POKéMON with pressurized water jets on its shell. They are used for high speed tackles.

DMC
Charizard
Spits fire that is hot enough to melt boulders. Known to cause forest fires unintentionally.

ML
Dodrio
Uses its three brains to execute complex plans. While two heads sleep, one head stays awake.

MR
Rapidash
Very competitive, this POKéMON will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it.

AMC
Haunter
Because of its ability to slip through block walls, it is said to be from another dimension.

SS
Scyther
With ninja-like agility and speed, it can create the illusion that there is more than one.

ST
Hitmonlee
When in a hurry, its legs lengthen progressively. It runs smoothly with extra long, loping strides.

Subs
Ditto (five of them, they transform in the pokémon they're substituted for)
Capable of copying an enemy's genetic code to instantly transform itself into a duplicate of the enemy.

PR PERMISSIONS:
Well, if you just leave the manager and pokémon alive, I'm fine with everything.

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:34 am

The Delaclava World Cup 48 roster (posted BEFORE the thing starts, if you can believe it!)

STARTERS:
GK   1   Graham Torres
DF   4   Jim Molina
DF   3   Calvin Pope
DF   11   Devin Santana
MF   2   David Ward
MF   5   Jamal Pacheco
MF   27   John Ewing
MF   10   Mose Fuentes
FW   7   Stanley Ichtyelkov
FW   9   Geraldo Ayala
FW   12   Calvin Castillo

BENCH PLAYERS
GK   99   Kyle Tran
DF   6   Alex Hickman
DF   8   Chad DeLeon
MF   14   Chet Hardy
MF   22   Gordon Compton
MF   18   Ruben Hester
FW   13   Kurt Holcomb

Style Modifier: -1

Choose my goalscorers - No
Godmod scoring events - No
RP injuries to my players - Yes, anything short of death, but keep to a realistic level
Godmod injuries to my players - Yes, if it could POSSIBLY happen and it's humorous
Hand out yellow cards to my players - Yes
Hand out red cards to my players - Yes, but limit two per game
Godmod other events - Yes, make it witty and all that fun stuff!

Basically, the whole point here is to have fun with it and have some humor, but keep it SOMEWHAT realistic. If you're unsure, send a TG.
Last edited by Delaclava on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Swartaz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swartaz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:04 am

Swartaz wc48 squad
GK
1. Byron JANSUUR(Starter) Age: 29
31. Vanger HANDORLINK(Sub) Age: 22
40. Jamas GORGSEN (Res) Age: 17
Defence
2. Henry OTTO (Starter) Age:19
5. Jans LITREMMEN (Starter) CAPTAIN Age: 31
4. Kristian ALVAR (Starter) Age: 27
15. Rasmus BJÖRN (Starter) Age: 25
27. Mikael HALSTEN (Sub) Age: 33
87. Algot HILDERGARD (Sub) Age: 29
43. Hugo LUKAS(res) Age: 17
30. Vaarger JASMEIKAEIL (res) Age: 15
Midfield
6. Andreas SVENSSON (Starter) Age: 32
3. Johan HASSE (Starter) Age:18
10. Markus ASBJÖRN (Starter) Age: 26
17. Niklas GÖSTA (Starter) Age: 24
8. Alex FREJ (Sub) Age: 22
25. Zorbex UNDERMOUN(Sub) Age: 36
37. Adolf GUDMUND (Res) Age: 30
75. Yngve Sxer (Res) Age: 19
Strikers
7. Konstantin BRITA (Starter) Age: 25
9. Joan VAEMULLEN (Starter) Age: 29
20. Jorg Fitzgerald (Sub) Age: 21
99. Karl Barvergenventail (Res) Age: 18

RP, realistic please

Modifier +2

kits to come
Last edited by Swartaz on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
Winners of Cup of Harmony 46
Other Footballing acheivements: Second Round World Cup 58, Qualified for World Cup 55, 57, 58 and 61 finals.

Goteborg Invitational I (Rugby Union)

Swartaz NSwiki
19:54 Myt: I honestly don't see what is wrong with beastiality

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:18 am

ImageImageImage
Note: Home kits have a primarily navy colour scheme; away kits are primarily white; keeper kits are green.

I Give My Opponent Permission To:
====================
Choose Scorers: Y
GodMod Goalscoring Events: N
Injure Players: Y, but I'll determine the severity
GodMod Injury Events N
Red Card Players: Y (within reason; no more than two field players)
Yellow Card Players: Y (within reason)
GodMod Other Events: N
====================

Primary home grounds: Mike Sarzo Stadium in Nicksia. Secondary home grounds: The Iron Bowl in Portland. [OOC: Designed by Kura-Pelland!]

Sarzonia Stars

Manager: Franz Braddock (84 years old)
The Cafundelense World Cup Hall of Fame manager enters his third World Cup as Stars manager. Despite critics projections that he'd be one and done as manager, he has taken the Stars to back to back World Cup finals appearances. He hopes to get the team into the knockout stages for the first time since World Cup XXX.
Assistants: Diogo Avarel (42)
Braddock's youthful apprentice joins the Cafundelense legend as one of two assistant managers, much to the chagrin of the Cafundelense football organisation.
Ganz Ijak (54)
The second World Cup Hall of Famer to join the Sarzonian coaching staff, Ijak is considered by some to be a possible successor to Braddock, but not before Braddock decides he's had enough.
Goalkeeping Coach: Horace Sandt (53)
[i]Sandt, the lone holdover from the previous Stars managerial staff, has a storied history for the Sarzonian national team. He was the starting goalkeeper who led the Stars to the World Cup XXII title. During his tenure with the Stars, the team advanced to four consecutive semifinals, becoming just the third team to do so behind Rejistania and Eauz.

Squad Listing
(Note: Starters in BOLD. Team plays a 3-5-2 alignment with a plus-2.5 modifier.)

No. Name Position Height Weight
1 Cody Taylor GK 6'1" 175 pounds
Taylor, 26, signed with Porto Lacruz of Cafundéu's national league after leading the Woodstock Wild to a Sarzonian Football Confederation championship. He finished the year 18-5-1 with a 1.26 goals against average. He is known for having catlike reflexes and has played as a midfielder for a recreation league side.

2 Ben Davis D 5'10" 160 pounds
Davis, 33, is the Stars captain. He previously served in that role for the Portland Timbers, whom he led to a Sarzonian Football Confederation championship. He prides himself on being able to shut down the opponent's most dangerous forward with combination of speed and smarts. Signed a contract with Atlético Jutense in Cafundéu's national league.

4 George Maxwell D 6'5 225 pounds
Dubbed "the brick wall," Maxwell uses size to be a disruptive element as a defensive player. He's also used in an effort to score off headers and the 28-year-old picked up eight goals in 27 matches that way.

5 Tim Rodney M 5'9 150 pounds
Rodney, 31, plays bigger than his height. On the New Jerusalem Nobles, he plays a rugged fullback when the team plays a 3-5-2, but played as a defensive midfielder in a 4-4-2 alignment when the team suffered several injuries among its defensive players. With Sarzonia adopting a more attack-oriented team, he shifts up to play midfield.

6 George Morrison M 6'2 185 pounds
Drafted out of Joe Gibbs University, Morrison, 25, played for the Nicksia Knights in the SFC until he signed with KT Hotspur in Candelaria and Marquez. He is not a particularly pacey player, but has a cannon of a left leg. He will likely be substituted for a player with more flair if the Stars are trailing a match.

7 Tyler McIntosh D 5'11 165 pounds
The young McIntosh (24 years old) signed a contract with the Nicksia Knights and helped the team advance to the Sarzonian Football Confederation playoffs for the first time since 2005. He has improved by leaps and bounds under former Stars striker Anton Gregor, who manages in Nicksia.

8 Laura Grover M 5'6 125 pounds
Grover, 26, dispelled any questions about whether a woman should start for the Stars by drawing comparisons to Jenna Raven, a star player for both Sarzonia's men's and women's World Cup sides. She has strong scoring touch, notching 11 goals in 27 matches for the Woodstock Justice in Sarzonia's women's league. Her coach? You guessed it, Jenna Raven.

9 Ettore Salivani, Jr. M 5'10 155 pounds
The son of former Sarzonia national team standout and Pacitalian emigre Ettore Salivani, the younger Salivani retains his father's flair, but also picked up on his mother's preternatural calm. He also has outstanding ball skill and is surprisingly adept as a defensive player. Plays for América in Cafundéu's national league. Turned 26 the day before World Cup XLV.

10 Zack Wilson F 6'0 213 pounds
The 25-year-old son of Brian Wilson developed some of his father's flair for the dramatic and led the SFC in goal scoring with 28 goals for the Portland Timbers. Pacey player who spends a lot of time in the weight room. Very difficult for smaller defenders to bring down.

11 Ted Philyaw D 5'11 145 pounds
Philyaw, 32, started for the Sarzonian national team during its last international competition (AOCAF XIX), helping lead the team to a shock second round appearance. Philyaw was recently named the captain of the Saugerties Snakes, owing to his leadership qualities. He's not the fleetest of foot, relying on positioning and anticipating opposing defenders' moves.

12 Colleen Barnaby D 5'8", 135 pounds
Barnaby is the second female representing the Sarzonian Football League, Sarzonia's women's professional league. She plays for the Portland Pride, which developed an intense rivalry with the Woodstock Justice. She has some trouble with more physical midfielders and forwards, but usually has the savvy to avoid problems. She's 30 years old.

13 Clayton Bocanegro M 6'1", 180 pounds
Bocanegro, 30, was a reserve for the Stars during AOCAF XIX and starts here. He is deft with the ball and serves as a playmaking midfielder for the Portland Timbers. He's also the designated corner and free kick taker with an educated right boot.

14 Carletta Ryan D 5'7 135 pounds
By far the most physical player in Sarzonian women's football, the 27-year-old has no problems mixing it up with women or men. Set a women's league record for most yellow cards and red cards in one season. Even former senior national team goon Spencer Hicks wouldn't mess with her.

15 Brad Tremblay M 5'9 162 pounds
Tremblay turned 25 earlier in the year. He has had trouble sticking with a team in the SFC before finally finding a home with the Portland Timbers. He is arguably the fastest player on the Stars and fires the hardest shot on the team, but his shot is not all that accurate.

16 Ben Crosley D 5'11" 170 pounds
The 31-year-old was also a reserve on Sarzonia's last competitive national side but will start here. He has had seven seasons of experience with the Tacoma Tigers and is a strong man-marker on the right side. His best asset is speed, though he's also learning the savvy that will help once his speed begins to go.

17 Matt Lynch F 6'3", 205 pounds
The 30-year-old was the top scorer for the Sarzonian national team during its AOCAF XIX appearance. His tall, lithe frame makes him an inviting target for more aggressive players who invariably find out he can take and dish out punishment. Recently signed a contract with A.F.F. in Cafundéu.

18 Pete Weston M 5'10 165 pounds
Weston, 23 brings a lot of energy and a great work rate to the table for the Saugerties Snakes. He is easily the hardest working player on the team. Brian Wilson intends to use Weston to provide a spark off the players' bench in the event the team plays lethargically.

22 Kelvin Russell GK 5'11, 170 pounds
Yet another player from the AOCAF XIX squad, Russell is the number two goalkeeper for this squad. The 30-year-old nearly left the squad in a snit when he lost the job to Cody Taylor, but Brian Wilson and Sandt both convinced him that he would get a chance to play in the World Cup. He is known more for reading shots and positioning than his athleticism.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Queer Poco el Mono Ara
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Queer Poco el Mono Ara » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:49 am

The Queer Poco el Mono Ara national side for the World Cup qualifiers and perhaps beyond looks a little something like this.

Coach – Asdrubal Espinoza. This will be Espinoza’s second World Cup qualifying campaign in charge of Queer Poco. He is aware of the team’s short comings following his experimentation with the 23 man squad at the Phoenix Cup – and that is the defence. The team scored a good number of goals to fire them into a 3rd place play off, but conceded quite a few on the way there. Expect him to be calm on the touchline and decisive when the pressure is on.

Starting XI

GKP. 1. Petr Ollic. Plies his trade for Sargossa side Estrella Torreon. Ollic has safe hands and great reactions and his long reach allows him to tip shots which seemed destined for the top corner miraculously away.

DEF 2. Tamir El Zahar played great football at right back for league champions Pythons. At 28 he still has a few years of international service left in him. Fast and decisive, he’s better know for attacking from a wingback position than he is for his defending.

DEF 3. Manny Le Paglia. The nineteen year old steps in for Simon Brown whose recent performances for his country have been below par. The youngster has continually impressed for Athletic Khaldoon and will get his big chance to start for QPeMA.

DM. 4. Ruud Seedorf. Athletic Khaldoon’s player of the season. Tough tackling and a good distributor of the ball. Ruud has stamina to play 180 minutes never mind the 90, he has a habit of picking up cards unnecessarily

DEF.5. Tomasz Poborsky. Has been Royal Khaldoon’s star defender for over half a decade and rarely puts a foot wrong. He’s tall and powerful and a model centreback. He leads by example. (CAPTAIN)

DEF. 6. Karim Zaki. Returns to partner team mate Tomasz Poborsky in defence. He’s fast and bright but not irreplaceable as Pythons have shown this season. Back in the first XI following Fabricio Ramos stint during the Phoenix Cup

MID. 7. Alfonso Omar Sas plays football in Cafundeu. A fast paced winger with a wicked cross, Alfonso may have reached his peak but he is an exceptional talent and although he wont progress any further he is an asset.

MID. 8. Frank Le Tissier is the driving force behind Ridgemont Town. He plays out of position for the national side on the left and has to cut inside onto his right foot, but once he does expect a fierce effort on goal.

STR. 9. Ishmael Van Dyke – The 27 year old forward has scored over 80 goals in all competitions in the last 3 seasons. A powerful forward capable of barging his way through defenders, his finishing is World Class. Has shocked Pythons fans by requesting a transfer.

STR. 10. Frederico. Partners his Pythons team mate upfront. Frederico is similarly a powerful attacker, but he has the added element of trickery. Capable of pulling a goal out of nowhere.

MID. 11. Dean Bowyer. Another Pythons player who’s league performance has thrust him into international limelight. The attacking midfielder lacks the pace of his league and international counterparts, but makes up for this with sublime vision.

Subs

DEF. 12. Ahmed Khan – has come of age since joining Ridgemont Town. The former Under 21’s player will add competition for the available central defence positions.

GKP. 13. Wilf Laudrup – has been consistently underrated despite turning in some amazing goalkeeping performances in the league for Pythons. Performed poorly during Phoenix Cup so dropped back to the bench.

STR. 14. Lionel Vega – repaid PLR coach Alex Rowley’s faith by becoming a score sheet staple but is likely to move away from Port Los Renato following their relegation to League I.

MID. 15. Adailton – is an attacking driving force for Royal Khaldoon but failed to shine during the OXEN Cup.

MID. 16. Giovanni Van Dyke – is recalled following his decent performances last time out and the sterling work he did in keeping Salaga F.C in Una Serie

Reserves
17. DEF. Fabricio Ramos – Ridgemont Town
18. DEF. Ollie Clark - Pythons
19. MID. Seb Guardiola - Almondvale
20. DEF. Joel Craddock – Royal Khaldoon
21. MID. Marco Oliveira – Pythons
22. GKP. Roy James - Augustus
23. STR. Enrico Dossena - Pythons

Home Kit
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... mShirt.jpg

Away Kit
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... ShirtB.jpg

Third
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... ShirtC.jpg

Home Stadium - Estadio de Victoria, located in Ambrose, Queer Poco el Mono Ara
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... toriaA.jpg

RP Stuff
Choose my goalscorers Yeah
Godmod scoring events Nah
RP injuries to my players Yeah
Godmod injuries to my players Nah
Hand out yellow cards to my players Yeah
Hand out red cards to my players Yeah
Godmod other events Yeah

Style Modifier +2
Hosts of one World Cup
A Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy and the 16th Di Bradini Championship to name but all of our accomplishments

http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Una_Serie_de_F%C3%BAtbol The Pocoan League

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 am

Iglesian national football team

Coach: Mariano Matias

Goalkeepers:
5. Nuno Marques
16. José Mateus
24. Carlos Mantos

Defenders:
2. Karl Skoplawski
4. Simão Midwiersz
6. Nuno Carlos
8. Mariano Antunes
9. Barbosa Dias
11. Martins Santos
22. Gabriel Silva
25. Sönan Parkÿs

Midfielders:
1. Barbosa Santos
3. Nunes Borges
7. Carlos Nunes
10. Nuno Dias
12. Mariano Carlos
14. Adriano Silva
17. John Midwiersz

Forwards:
13. Carlos Matias
19. Josefino Lopes
23. Carlos Dias
28. Mariano Marques
30. Hugo Dias

Style modifier: +3

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tyrrin » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:03 am

The Tyrrinian National Football Team
Tyrrin is a nation of great military tradition, and all of the team’s members serve in the armed forces for part of the year, as required by law for able-bodied citizens. This makes them highly disciplined and cohesive, even in the toughest of situations. However, they will have to work on not becoming to overconfident against lesser opponents. Their coach, Gen. Graig Montcalve, is also a senior advisor to the Emperor, and after two World Cup runs, he knows his way around the game.

Kits (made by X-Spordiga in Somewhereistonia):
ImageImage

Starters have their positions next to their names.

Goalkeepers
Angus Aulay GK
Club: Iclyrri Icebirds
7’2” 214
Aulay was the main reason that the Icebirds only allowed seven goals last season (all to Tyrrin). Not only is he outrageously tall, but he also understands the finer points of goalkeeping as well. He was offered a contract by Cafundeu in the offseason, but the club decided to keep him around. He serves with the fourth Foot Division.

Ainsley Emir
Club: Mertag F.C.
6’5” 195
Emir is one of the foremost goalkeepers in Tyrrin, and he frequently makes acrobatic saves, which are followed by screams of joy in celebration. Some controversy remains as to why he is not starting for the national team, which may be because of a disagreement between his father and General Montcalve during their time in the army. He serves with the 8th Air Cavalry.

Defenders
Tjaard Fedde CD
Club: Tyrrin Royale
6’4” 180
Fedde is an incredibly smart defender. He is able to spot plays developing, and he puts himself in a perfect position to make a stop. He has developed a reputation for playing his best against the toughest of opponents. He is a native of Foroch, and he serves with the 5th Armored Division.

Neil Colin CD
7’0” 228
Colin is another reason for the Icebird’s outstanding defense. His size makes him an imposing presence in the backfield. He will also move forward on corner kicks for an aerial advantage. He comes from the upper-class north district of Tyrrin, and his father was a general. He served with the 17th Ground Battery.

Yavuz Aonghas RD
Club: Hainac
6’3” 168
Aonghas is a strong player on the right, and he excels at shutting down crosses. He plays for Hainac in Unreal229 after a successful domestic season. His father was killed when Mount Oklo erupted when he was young. He serves in the 4th Transport Division.

Scott Pierrick LD
Club: Foroch Raiders
5’11” 162
Pierrick is the son of the famous actress Lea Pierrick, who died when he was a small child. He grew up in the moviemaking district of Coranto. Thus, the media heavily covers him, and his accomplishments on the field are generally overlooked. He recently won a starting job over Erol, who has not played well of late. He serves in the 6th Ground Battery.

Greg Erol
Club: Coranto F.C.
6’3” 166
As well as an excellent defender, Erol is very fast, and will commonly run up the sidelines to join an attack. However, his play has slipped of late, and he lost his starting spot. His parents were farmers on the Lossarach Plains. He serves in the 12th Foot Division.

Marty Ruaridh
Club: Kowa Foresters
6’7” 192
Ruaridh is recovering from a combat wound in the jungles of Whowadda, but he is expected to make a full recovery by the time of the Baptism of Fire. He served in the 21st Air Cavalry.

Midfielders
Alasdair Savas LCDM
6’5” 175
Savas organizes the midfield for Tyrrin, and has the calm demeanor of a Tyrrinian colonel, which he is in the 3rd Foot Division. It is his job to make sure they win the midfield battle.

Suleiman Donnchadh RCDM
Club: Cruzeiro do Sul
6’2” 165
Donnchadh is an excellent defender, and will often be put on the other team’s best midfielder. He also has a lethal left foot from long range. He now plays in Cafundeu for Cruzeiro do Sul. Both Donnchadhs grew up in Racaw, where they played football in the dusty streets under the hot desert sun.

Wayne Ata LWM
Club: Oclia Mariners
6’6” 172
Ata is a brilliant ball handler, which he demonstrates as he streaks down the sidelines. At 36, he is one of the most experienced Tyrrinian players. He earned a medal of valor with the 13th Air Cavalry for bravery in combat in Terthia.

Lorenz Raimondo CAM
Club: Hainac
5’11” 174
Raimondo is a fantastic dribbler, as he will display frequently. He is also excellent at delivering the long ball into the box. He is a very vocal member of the team, and he serves with the 14th Air Cavalry.

Alan Fionnlagh RWM
6’3” 170
Fionnlagh is responsible for setting up Willem on Royale, so he is expected to do the same on the national team. He communicates excellently with Tyrrin’s star striker. He served with the 11th Transport Division.

Allan Donnchadh
Club: Mertag F.C.
5’10” 158
The second Donnchadh often links up with his brother to control the midfield while they play for the national team. However, he lost his starting job recently. Both the Donnchadhs serve with the 18th Foot Division.

Greg Elias
Club: Coranto F.C.
5’9” 152
Elias is usually brought on late in games because of his speed and versatility in the midfield. He is also a superb penalty taker. He serves with the 2nd Foot Division.

Ludwig Yasen
Club: Foroch Raiders
6’9” 202
Yasen was a late addition to the team, and he comes from the harsh north of Iclyrri. He is a rising star for the Raiders, and led them in scoring last season. He serves with the 8th Armored Division.

Strikers
Michael Willem S (Captain)
6’5” 191
Willem broke every record in the books over his remarkably short career, averaging nearly five goals per game. His amazing ball handling skills are matched only by his finishing ability, with his feet or his head. He has a knack for avoiding defenders, even when they are deliberately trying to foul him, and he has never been seriously injured. Willem was Tyrrin’s top goal scorer in the last two world cups, and he looks to continue his success again. He serves with the 20th Air Cavalry.

Zia Thorvald
6’0” 183
Club: Coranto FC
Thorvald is an up and coming striker with a rocket of a left foot. His only problem is he uses it a bit too often, and typically sends the ball over the goal. He serves with the 18th Transport Division.

Bernard Brecht
6’1” 164
Brecht is another young talent, and he led his team in goals. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean much, because the Icebirds only ever play defense. He stepped up his play last year for the Icebirds, and showed that he is maturing in his ability. He serves in the 15th Transport Division.

-------------------Willem
-----------------Raimondo
Ata--------------------------------Fionnlagh
---------Savas----------S. Donnchadh
Pierrick----Colin---------Fedde-------Aonghas
--------------------Aulay

If my opponent RP’s first, they can:

Choose my goal scorers: Yes, but make Willem score most of my goals.
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Hand out Yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out Red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes please as much as possible.
Last edited by Tyrrin on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 am

Cassadaigua’s World Cup 48 Roster

Starters in Green
Subs in Blue
Reserves in Red

*- Denotes a player (or coach) signed to an international contract. By position, starters are lined up from left to right in the order in which they are listed.

Coach: Michelle Baynes, Age: 56. The only coach of any of our national teams so far except DBC10.
Assistant Coach: Courtney Ferguson*, Age: 45. The former star forward and original blogger now officially is an assistant coach.

Goalkeepers:
#1- Brittany Paxson*, Age: 29, Started DBC 9, Reserve WC46, Sub WC47.
#21- Allison Salamida, Age 25, Started DBC 10, Reserve WC 47.
#25- Jennifer Rowland, Age: 18, Started DBC 11

Defenders:
#3- Kiersten Reschke*, Age: 27- Started DBC 9 & 10 (Captain in 10) and WC 47. Sub in WC46.
#7- Katie McDermott, Age: 31- Started WC 45 & 47, Sub WC46.
#5- Stephanie Farison, Age: 20- Started DBC 11
#2- Ericka Giordano*, Age: 22- Started DBC 10 & 11 (Captain in 11), WC 47, COH 39.

#8- Paige MacAdam*, Age: 33- Reserve DBC7, WC 45 & 46, Sub WC 47.
#6- Michelle Garrett*, Age: 35- Started DBC 7, WC46 & 47, Sub WC45.

#4- Corri Kiernan, Age: 18- Started DBC 11

Midfielders:
#18- Katie Cincoski*, Age: 30, Started DBC 9 (Captain of team) and WC46 &47.
#13- Meaghan Bateman, Age: 22, Started DBC 10 and WC 47.
#12- Valerie McCann*, Age: 19, Sub DBC 10, Reserve WC 47, COH 39
#19- Stephanie Reeves, Age: 21, Sub DBC 10, Started DBC 11

#20- Shannon Myers, Age: 18, Started DBC 11
#24- MacKenzie Skinner, Age: 24, Started DBC 10, Sub WC 47.

#9- Ashley Nolan*, Age: 35, Started DBC7, WC46 & 47. Sub WC45.

Forwards:
#10- Erika Daniels*, Age: 34, Starter DBC7, WC46 & 47. Sub WC 44 & 45, and COH36.
#14- Stacie Kerrigan-Fraser*, Age: 34, Starter DBC7, WC45-47. Sub WC 44 and COH 36. TEAM CAPTAIN

#17- Jessica Schanke*, Age: 22, Starter DBC 9 & 10, sub WC 46 & 47.
#16- Hannah Barton*, Age: 22, Sub DBC9 & WC47, Starter DBC 10.

#15- Tara Demarco*, Age: 19, Sub DBC 10, Starter DBC 11

Note that any references to World Cup 47 above includes the player having the same role in Cup of Harmony 39.
#11 is retired in honor of Courtney Ferguson.

Style Modifier: +1
Normal Formation: 4-4-2
Home Stadium: The 74,000 seat Concord Heights Stadium.

Select my scorers — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes, no more then one per game.
RP injuries to my players — No
Godmod injuries — No
Godmod scoring events — Yes
Godmod other events — Yes, feel free to have fun just don’t kill anybody.

Our Kits: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=8 (Thanks, JMC!)
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Isselmere
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Isselmere » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 am

Isselmere-Nieland Football Association

Kit
First: Red shirt with yellow side panels, blue shorts and socks
Second: Blue shirt, yellow shorts and socks
Third: White shirt with red side panels, red shorts and socks

Style: -2
Tending towards a fair yet physical style of play, technically not always the best but with clinical passing, mostly defensive but with some offensive skill.

Manager and coaches
James Potherington - Manager - 48
Henrik Gunnarsson - Assistant Manager - 52
Albert Stewart - Goalkeeping coach - 45
Tryggvi Malmkvist - Defence coach - 43
Mark Leifsson - Midfield coach - 38
Angus mab Lloic - Striker coach - 37

Formation: 4-4-2

Starting line-up
1 - Adalbjart Felsingborin - GK - 6' 4" - 28
2 - Egil Thorvaldsson - LB - 5' 11" - 26 - left-footed
3 - Kevin Huang - RB - 6' - 28
4 - Angus mab Costin - CB - 6' 2" - 27 (captain)
12 - Colum mab Wercus - CB - 6' 4" - 27
6 - Keith Bogue - RM - 6' 2" - 24
7 - Gunnar Arnásson - LM - 6' 2" - 23 - left-footed
8 - Magnus Björnssund - CM (attacking) - 6' - 26
9 - Mark Dunston - CM (defending) - 6' 1" - 25
10 - Owen Claesburgh - ST - 6' 3" - 26
11 - Robert Cohen - ST - 5' 11" - 23 - left-footed

Substitutes
5 - Sylvester Morrison - CB - 6' 1" - 25
13 - Brian Stewart - LB - 6' 1" - 25 - left-footed
16 - Daniel Norton - CM - 6' 2" - 24
17 - Peter Watson - LM - 6' 2" - 22 - left-footed
20 - Neton mab Druist - ST - 6' 3" - left-footed
21 - Nicholas Wexburgh - ST - 6' 1"
22 - Clive Greveley - GK - 6' 2" - 26

Reserves
14 - Karl Örtssund - RB - 6' 1" - 21
15 - Lewis Henthorpe - CM - 5' 11" - 29
18 - Henry Wainwright - CB - 6' 2" - 23
19 - Neil Fremont - RM - 5' 10" - 26
23 - Lewis Houghton - GK - 6' 3" - 29
24 - Harvey Ashton - ST - 5' 9" - 22
25 - Matthew Jarrow - CF/CM (attacking) - 6' 2" - 27

Conditions
Select my scorers - yes
Give out yellow cards to my players - yes
Give out red cards to my players - within reason, yes
RP injuries to my players - again, within reason, yes
Godmod injuries - as above, yes
Godmod scoring events - so long as it's amusing, yes
Godmod other events - if it's somewhat realistic (food poisoning, being kept awake by odd occurrences, etc.), yes
Population: 13 billion and counting ... (18/10/09)

Mantwenic
Envoy

Founded: May 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mantwenic » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:02 am

Home:Image Keeper/3rd:Image
Away:Image

Team Name: Mantwenic National Soccer Team

Formation- 3-4-3
Manager: Phillipae Vazquez

Starters: (age next to team name)
GK: John Karsen (Morosia) 26

D: Brett Elce (Benshawk FC) 22
D: Nino Robertson (Kirie) 25
D: Joshua Hort (Tenshawn) 27
D: Emanuel Thomas (Balan) 22

M: Delarmae Karsoomo (Kirie) 21
M: Richard Johnson (Kempton) 28
M: Liam Troso (Notificor FC) 23

S: Greg Thomas (Stafland FC) 22
S: Micheal Redbrigg (Dauron FC) 26
S: Joshua Artek (Eleth City) 29

Backups

GK: Luno Varsen (Kirie) 22

D: Jason Harteg (Morosia) 24
D: Adrian Kipling (West Clayborn) 30
D: George Uscell (Rabon FC) 27

M: Andrew Barslow III (Tenshawn) 26
M: Chris Elks (Zeava FC) 27
M: Kino Paymet ( Croticia Zierre) 21

S: Nelson Roros (Tenshawn) 29
S: Fredrick Redelbow (Aarowmaw FC) 22
S: Loriks Mendellson (Balan FC) 23

Select my scorers: Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players: Yes, but please be realistic.
Give out red cards to my players: Yes, but the same as above applies
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but nothing too serious without my permission.
Godmod injuries: No
Godmod scoring events: If Mantwenic score, yes. If Mantwenic concede, no."
Godmod other events: Possibly, please consult me first.
Last edited by Mantwenic on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:36 am, edited 11 times in total.
Mantwenic National Anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOumHihLQSU

Member of Olympic Council
Accomplishments:
Qualified for WC 54
Qualified for WC 55

Mantwenic Broadcasting Service website: http://mbsnews24-7.blogspot.com/

Vephrall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Vephrall » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:53 pm

TEAM VEPHRALL
World Cup 48

MANAGER
Sartiros Umsaasad will continue in his role of team manager.

His assistants are:
Assistant Manager - Netgorin Ocilla
Forward Coach - Menburid Umsaasad
Midfield Coach - Contrope Shrifflu
Defender Coach - Pasarap Cegeeng
Goalkeeping Coach - Sytrobes Smait

The Auric Wolves (who have now adopted the same nickname as their gridball counterparts) play in a 4-3-3 (+3) formation.

Vephrall's kit for the WC48 campaign has not yet been released.

And now, the players...

(Note on ages: Two RL days are approximately equal to one month in Vephrall. Ages are as of 24 November 1775, or 30 August 2009 IRL.)

Players from WC47 squad no longer present
M #40 Ock Boimoks, age 31 — Ranca Toco [CAF]
M #42 Ferrys Ellad, age 30 — Stestrenas OC
M #43 Wais Thwante, age 31 — NAPPC [NTH]
AM #50 Sanani Vaphiris, age 31 — Huellim FE
F #60 Fyls Soscren, age 31 — Mylfe CE
F #61 Jehoepe Splebist, age 30 — Atlético Jutense [CAF]
F #62 Lashnens Phanzus, age 30 — Boalluns FE
F #65 Rints Denosone, age 30 — Shilla [HAN]

(One of Umsaasad's major faults, in the eyes of his detractors, is that he doesn't value experience nearly enough when selecting his national team squad, being instead more apt to go with the current "flavor of the month", as it were.)

##  Pos Player               Age  Club
#1 GK Clinered Sartiros* 30 Oillid CE
#2 GK Uambe Hesaramba* 31 Boalluns FE
#3 GK Phootid Ferrys 28 Ammites FE
10 DC Cetsels Vaphiris* 29 Merpisms FE
11 DC Claspung Baspaalt* 28 Merpisms FE
12 DRLC Vaphiris Echeng* 29 Bumpoogra FE
20 DL Cinerne Prarbens* 30 Oillid CE
21 DR Pinteps Sarashe* 26 Stithis FE
22 DL Cegeeng Echeng** 30 Stithis FE
41 MRLC Pevonsont Soscren** 30 Oillid CE
44 MLC Shuke Wendelors** 29 Daazyiles OC
45 MRC Hesaramba Pipletone* 28 Ammites FE

46 MC Cetsels Slistols 28 Bumpoogra FE
52 AML Ellad Minanad 26 Knoleier FE
63 FC Cese Dotos** 29 Merpisms CE
64 FC Pranasik Gaicass** 29 Spoantects CE

66 FC Rirvymoles Pinteps** 30 Huellim FE
67 FC Wendelors Lit 25 Sichisers OB
68 FC Freprisis Diors 26 Knoleier FE
69 FC Smait Pembace 26 Terabits CE
70 D/DM Sanani Taclik** 31 Oillid CE

71 D/M Edroklis Spesseurs** 31 Mylfe CE
72 D/DM Yre Solivasas** 29 Boalluns FE

Returning players denoted with * for each WC of experience
Starters in blue

Standard formation:
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gth681k/ns ... mation.png (to be updated)

My opponent, if they RP first, may do pretty much whatever he or she likes as long as it's all in the spirit of good fun. Just don't kill my players or coaching staff (and in case of a major injury, I recommend you check with me ahead of time).
Clenoncyg Vephrall — Current status: ACTIVE
Creator of NSFS (latest v3.0.0)
as Bedistan: Host of World Cups 8/18/27; WC 21/26/27/30 Champions
as Vephrall: Host of World Cups 38 and 43
World Cup Committee President (19?-24, 40-42, 52-54)
* Han gives Krytenia some Bostopian magazines
<Krytenia> I'M FREE TO READ WOMEN'S MAGS ON MY BREAK AGAIN!

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:06 pm

The Babbage Islands
World Cup 48 roster

Nicknames: Bumblebees, Islanders
Colours: Yellow and black

Player-Coach: Magnus Svoboda, Dover City
STYLE: +2
FORMATION: 3-5-2

1 Averill Robinson (captain), K, West Scoville Tigers, 21 caps, 1 goal
2 Whitney Anderson, WB, Portsmouth Whalers (Newmanistan), 5 caps, 1 goal
3 Wilhelm Freudigmann, D, Metropolitano (Cafundeu), 21 caps
4 Tegan Nash, M, Dover City, 0 caps
5 Ed Sims, WB, The Orange, 18 caps
6 Pierre Rouleau, M, Stroudsburg Panthers (Newmanistan), 22 caps, 2 goals
7 Orson Cook, W, América (Cafundeu), 16 caps, 2 goals
8 Chang Weigu, M, Xianggang FK, 7 caps
9 Qiao Zhibang, F, FC Green Star, 15 caps, 2 goals
10 Magnus Svoboda (player-coach), F, Dover City, 22 caps, 12 goals
11 Patty Heatherly, W, Handcarters, 3 caps, 1 goal

12 Mark Benson, D, Baden 98, 1 cap
13 Solveig Þorsteinsdóttir, K, Fylkir, 0 caps
14 Clive Johnson, F, The Orange, 1 cap
15 Carl Rolando, D, Charleston FC, 11 caps, 1 goal
16 Debbie Sherman, F, Bloomfield National, 0 caps
17 Mel Thompson, M, Gernsback United, 5 caps
18 Wesley Pidgeon, D, Parisian, 0 caps
19 Tony Martin, F, FC Green Star, 21 caps, 4 goals
20 Roger Doss, M, Far Point Islanders, 6 caps

Home kit

Away kit

(Kits courtesy of Tenderville4Sportswear.)

RP PERMISSIONS: An opponent who RPs first may assign my scorers, may assign yellow cards to my team but not red cards, may assign injuries to my team members with anticipated unavailability of one game or less, and may not godmod.
Last edited by The Babbage Islands on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 pm

OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 48 ROSTER

A new era begins for Newmanistan football. Jeremy McAllister, Sr takes over as coach. He won the Oxen Cup vs Di Bradini Cup competition versus Nelson Yaschter by winning the Oxen Cup 12 title for the Empire. At press time, the Di Bradini Cup had not completed, but Yaschter would have to win that title just to tie J-Mac. With Senior leading the way, the Empire has been revitalized in their excitement over this Cup.

Style Modifier: +2
Formation: 4-3-3 (Back to the Brian Carson style under J-Mac!)

Kits: (courtesy of ediraf), home/away/alternate (keeper)
Image Image Image

Select my scorers — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes, but no more then one more then you give yourself.
RP injuries to my players — Yes, but only say they were hurt. I will determine the severity.
Godmod injuries — No
Godmod scoring events — Yes
Godmod other events — TG your idea for approval first. I am open to doing some crazy stuff, but do not wish to do anything related to death/stadium damage/or crazy sci-fi type stuff.

IN ADDITION: Please do not use any real world pictures that portray anything Newmanistanian, whether be a background shot in a stadium or one of our players in the background. If you must include such a pic, show your player(s) only. I don’t care for the use of real world pictures in NS roleplay and ask that you respect this. However, I do not have any problem with computer generated pictures as long as you put us in sky blue (home) or white (away).

(All Caps/Goals are accurate through the conclusion of World Cup 46.)

**** COACHING STAFF ****

Name: Jeremy McAllister, Sr. (Head Coach)
Club Team: Sporting Lakeport (Dancougar)
Bio: After winning Oxen Cup 12, and winning the head-to-head competition with Nelson Yaschter, the Newmanistanian icon will now lead the way as the head coach and he has a ton of fan support right now. Jeremy is the greatest goal scorer in Newmanistanian history, with 134 in 180 games. Prior to this most recent in Dancougar, he led Lakeport to three consecutive D-League championships, so the man can coach too, not just score. Can he get the Rockets back into the World Cup? (And keep us there?)

Name: Mark McCafferty (Assistant Coach)
Club Team: Brighton Bulls
Bio: McCafferty has been the assistant since World Cup 45. Don’t worry about him also being an assistant under Yaschter because he and Jeremy are pretty good friends, and former teammates. With Brighton, he took a “B” League team, and made them to a mid-pack NPL team with younger players. Starting senior team defender in World Cup 40-42.

Name: Nate Stratton (Assistant Coach)
Team: Springfield Thoroughbreds
Bio: Led Springfield to the most recent NPL championship. Had no international coaching experience before leading the Rockets in Cup of Harmony 39, but did play on some early World Cup rosters as a defender.

Now, let’s meet the players.....

**** STARTING LINEUP ****

Name: Jennifer Bennett
Position: GK
Jersey #: 1
Club Team: Centralia Cougars
Bio: Jennifer was pegged at 18 to be the Empire’s long term starting goalkeeper, but with Jason Hargrove establishing himself as a better option, Bennett has never gotten the chance. She had started in a Di Bradini Cup and an Oxen Cup, but at this level was behind Hargrove. Now, the combination of Hargrove retiring of international play and her leading the team to the Oxen Cup 12 title, the time may be now for Jennifer.

Name: Shawn Loughran (**** TEAM CAPTAIN ****)
Pos: LB
Jersey #: 4
Club Team: Gamsuk FC (Daehanjeiguk)
Bio: Loughran is a true superstar who became the first Newmanistanian to play in Daehanjeiguk, but reports are he is getting a little disgruntled with the now second division Gamsuk FC. He can be physical, but is very smart about it and has remarkable defensive awareness. Loughran has tremendous speed and agility and is the leading goal scorer among defenders in Newmanistanian history. He also enters his second tour of duty as the captain.

Name: Shawn O’Connell
Position: LCB
Jersey #: 5
Club Team: Caires City (Candelaria And Marquez)
Bio: O’Connell has started twice in the Di Bradini Cup, including having been the captain of the most recent effort. He was part of an impressive young core of defenders that had joined the Tundra Falls Mariners over the last five or so years, and a group that won the most recent NPL title. Shawn was not part of the championship team however, having been transferred to Caires City, one of the top domestic clubs in the world, but his influence and work ethic rubbed off on the team. Shawn can be a bit of a perfectionist, but in a positive way.

Name: Robert Selvy
Pos: RCB
Jersey#: 2
Club Team: Yuki City Athletic (Dancougar)
Bio: Selvy is not an excessively aggressive defender, but don’t think you can push him around either, he demonstrates great composure, and like O’Connell, his career began in Tundra Falls making some begin to wonder if the Mariners are becoming the new Centralia. He’s been a steady fixture in Yuki City, another strong international domestic club for several years now.

Name: Ken Bedwell
Position: RB
Jersey #: 3
Club South Tier Seagulls
Bio: A player to watch. He’s an aggressive youngster, with incredible muscle mass for his young age. Nelson Yaschter was aware of him four years ago and had him as a reserve to get a taste of international play when he was 14. Likely the best homegrown player South Tier has developed in over a decade and a half. J-Mac was closely paying attention to the Di Bradini Cup, and was very impressed with Ken and believes he can handle this pressure.

Name: Billy Prescott
Position: LM
Jersey #: 17
Club Team: Tel Aviv (Jeruselem)
Bio: His father is a legend. Most people somewhat familiar with our senior team know all about Brett Prescott, the aggressive enforcer who is assigned to the opponent’s top forward to rough them up and get in their head. Well, Billy has been watching and learning from the best and now enters the prime of his career. Married to Oksana Ferris of Jeruselem.

Name: Courtney Meyer
Position: CM
Jersey #: 7
Club Team: Springfield Thoroughbreds
Career Tidbit: Courtney’s stock has greatly risen within Newmanistan in recent years due to playing with some great forwards in Springfield such as Angel Kenworthy, Brett Carlson, and Stacie Kerrigan-Fraser. Because of this, she fits in well with the 4-3-3 in which J-Mac plans to institute. She did start in the Cup of Harmony, but this is her first time actually going through the qualifying stages. If any international scouts are watching her, Springfield has a simple message, “Not for sale.”

Name: Brittany Prescott
Pos: RM
Jersey #: 71
Club Team: Tenderville United (Nethertopia/Candelaria And Marquez)
Bio: The second of Brett Prescott’s three children, don’t think for a moment either, that just because Brittany is female that she is any less of an aggressive agitator then her father and her older brother have been. In fact, Brett jokes that as Billy’s younger sister, and his only daughter, Brittany may have become the toughest of the three of them.

Name: Jeremy McAllister, Jr. Nickname: simply, “Junior”
Position: LS
Jersey #: 20
Club Team: Sporting Lakeport (Dancougar)
Bio: Little J-Mac in that phase of his career now where people are going to be less forgiving of his age and will be expecting him to have a big qualifying effort. Junior knows this, and he is accepting of the challenge. There is no reason to believe he cannot do this based on past form. With his father leading the way he will be comfortable like he is in Lakeport, where he has already won three D-League championships.

Name: Thomas Lipinski
Position: ST
Jersey #: 10
Club Team: He’s signed to a foreign national team somewhere, I forget where. (Is it QoD?)
Bio: Thomas also appeared on the Di Bradini 9 roster, but in a role as a substitute and got very little playing time but then played as a starter in Di Bradini 10. Not a speed burner nor blessed with giant height, he just manages to get the job done through hard work. This makes him a great candidate to play up front with the speedy Junior and Turner as they can create the plays along the wings and Lipinski can pounce on rebounds.

Name: Matthew Turner (Caps: 40 Goals: 16)
Position: RS
Number: 11
Club Team: Shuukyuu Kishin (Dancougar)
Background: Matthew played in Di Bradini Cup 8 as a starting forward and was expected to lead the team in scoring. That didn’t exactly happen, and Brian Carson seemed to lose interest. Not Nelson Yaschter. He believes that Turner is an amazing talent and gave him a shot in the Cup of Harmony. The rising star was picked up by Shuukyuu Kishin from Loudon and figures to lead that team for many years. He’s been a bit inconsistent at this level, but has a very good friendship with Junior.

***** SUBSTITUTES *****

Name: Anthony Baldwin
Jersey #: 21
Club Team: Daytopia Racers
Bio: Baldwin’s strong season with Daytopia this past season confirmed the hype around him is legitimate. He’s a bit where Jennifer Bennett was about six or seven years ago. Anthony plays with a ton of confidence and seems to enjoy pressure-packed situations.

Name: Chris Poole
Position: CB
Jersey #: 6
Club Team: Free agent (exercised relegation clause with Hampton)
Bio: A physical defender, Poole made his debut with the national team in the 9th Di Bradini Cup and also appeared on the 10th roster, but after that we haven’t seen him at this level. Poole was labeled as someone who tends to disappear for long portions of the game, and his stamina to last 90 minutes is questionable. Though for short stretches, he can be a great player. Sound like a good player to use a sub? We thought so, too.

Name: Chris Zapolski
Jersey #: 8
Club Team: North Charlotte Wildcats
Career Tidbit: Zapolski was one of those “B” team players that appeared on the Cup of Harmony roster that had never played in the World Cup. He was impressive there despite the overall performance of the team, and it got him a spot on the Oxen Cup roster. Another good showing, coupled with a couple retirements at the position gets him on this roster. He is the heart and soul of the North Charlotte team.

Name: Nick Roberts
Position: MID
Jersey #: 16
Club Team: Port Royal (Dancougar)
Bio: A late bloomer, Roberts has started since the second half of World Cup 45. His downgrade is more a product of the system with J-Mac going from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, and wanting to use the more agile Courtney Meyer as the starter. Nick looks to be one of those subs that will see action in every game in some capacity, likely in situations where the Rockets are looking to hold a lead late. (As opposed to playing from behind).

Name: Brian Prescott
Jersey #: 77
Club Team: Central United (Cafundeu)
Bio: The third of three kids, Brian plays much the same way as his family members. There’s just no room for him in the starting lineup right now. But opponents will be warned that we have him on the sideline, ready to go in at any time.

Name: Michael Bosler
Jersey #: 15
Club Team: Olympia Gladiators
Bio: Michael is everything you want in a forward. He’s smart, tall, and plays with great awareness. He’s tough and speedy, and has a good shot. Had a strong showing in the last two Di Bradini Cups and makes his international senior team debut here.

Name: Eric Givens
Jersey #: 9
Club Team: Brighton Bulls
Career Tidbit: Speedy and has a good shot. Sometimes can get overpowered by more physical opponents, but he has bulked up a bit recently to try and keep that from continuing to happen.

***** RESERVES *****

Name: Stanley Salone
Jersey #: 22
Club Team: Rushville Monarchs
Bio: Scouts are impressed first and foremost with his awareness, he plays like someone much older, and won’t often get beat up high unless you place it perfectly. After starting in Di Bradini 10, he may have taken a step back (as he was surpassed by Baldwin), but he still has quite a bit of potential.

Name: Steve McKnight
Jersey #: 14
Club Team: Centralia Town (B League) on loan from Centralia Cougars
Bio: Even in Newmanistan, it is rare for 14-year olds to be anything but a reserve on a Di Bradini roster, so the fact that Steve played regularly in DBC 11 is an accomplishment. He is a huge prospect, and part of the great Centralia system.“Jessicagate” will come back to haunt him, surely, and don’t expect him to play games against Jeruselem, Cassadaigua, or any other team that has attractive females out there.

Name: Andy Durham
Jersey #: 13
Club Team: Pocono Lake (B League) on loan from Pocono City Capitals
Bio: The depth of the Capitals allows them to develop Durham patiently in the B League, and it looks to be paying off. Andy has good strength while in control of the ball, making him tough for defenders to take one-on-one, and he packs a lot of power in his shot. His accuracy is improving with his stint in the B league.

Name: Matt Kowalski
Jersey #: 12
Club Team: Nashua (B League)- Team will play in NPL Next season
Bio: One-dimensional scorer who thrived in the B League. It is questionable if he can make it in the NPL or not given that he pretty much is only useful in the attacking zone when he has the ball, but we will know soon. This play was instrumental in getting Nashua promoted to the NPL for next season. If he develops, though, watch out.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

West Pocono
Attaché

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby West Pocono » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Official West Pocono Roster
Baptism of Fire 35 Champions!

Natives/Players from the region are referred to as: West Poconi, or simply Poconi (please no West Poconoans or West Poconoians).

Nickname: Thunder

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but only say they are hurt, I’ll determine the severity.
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out Yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out Red cards to my players: Yes, but no more then one more then you give yourself.
Godmod Other Events: No

Style Modifier:+1

Kits: (Home/away/alternate) courtesy of Asal eide sporit of Sorthern Northland.

Formation: 4-4-2 (generally)

Coach: Eddie Chapman, Age: 47 (Loudon Leopards, Newmanistan)
Assistant Coach: William Hines, Age: 47
Assistant Coach: Paul LaCouture, Age: 46

Starting XI

Name: Michael St. Pierre (Riverside Dolphins, Newmanistan)
Jersey #: 1

Name: Scott Travis
Position: LB
Jersey #: 6

Name: Marion Belanger
Position: LCB
Jersey #: 7

Name: Chris Irvine
Position: RCB
Jersey #: 4

Name: Andrew Jeffries (ASSISTANT CAPTAIN)
Position: RB
Jersey #: 3

Name: Tommy Hudnall
Position: LM
Jersey #: 14

Name: Eric Gillespie
Position: CAM
Jersey #: 9

Name: Paul Primeau
Position: CDM
Jersey #: 8

Name: Chris Thurman
Position: RM
Jersey #: 15

Name: Steve Kleinman (Brighton Bulls, Newmanistan)
Position: LS
Jersey #: 11

Name: Brandon McDonald (CAPTAIN) (North Charlotte Wildcats, Newmanistan)
Position: RS
Jersey #: 10

Substitutes:

Name: Mark Hansen
Jersey #: 21

Name: Tony Stockert
Jersey #: 5

Name: Patrick Delayo
Jersey #: 2

Name: Dan Bingham
Jersey #: 12

Name: Sam Zurchowsky
Jersey #: 16

Name: Matt Gunther
Jersey #: 19

Name: Brett Hodge
Jersey #: 13

Subs:

Name: Luke Becker
Jersey #: 22

Name: Jim Carlton
Jersey #: 23

Name: Kenny Coates
Jersey #: 17

Name: Stanley Henderson
Jersey #: 18

As I have not yet made a domestic league for West Pocono, all these players are available for transfer with the exception of the ones already playing in Newmanistan. West Pocono is a puppet of Newmanistan, if you are not aware.
Baptism of Fire 35 Champions!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports