NATION

PASSWORD

The Brotherhood Cup (Rosters/RP/Scores)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

The Brotherhood Cup (Rosters/RP/Scores)

Postby Astograth » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood Cup! Below you will find a rough schedule for the competition, with matches being scorinated at 8 to 9PM EST on the indicated days. The format will be four round-robin groups of four, with the top two of each advancing to the knockout stage. Tie-breakers to be used in the group stage are: head-to-head results, goal difference, games won and goals for.

Matchday 1: Thursday 9th
Matchday 2: Friday 10th
Matchday 3: Saturday 11th
Quarter-Finals: Sunday 12th
Semi-Finals: Tuesday 14th
Third Place Play-off: Thursday 16th
Final: Friday 17th

Schedule for the group stage is 1v4 and 2v3; 3v1 and 2v4; 1v2 and 3v4.

Group A
Astograth
San Havana
North Chicanan
Seleucius
Matches to be played at the 70,000-seater Knights' Stadium in Rumiatzi

Group B
Matting
Ocel0t
Wadomia
Darmen
Matches to be played at the 72,000-seater Old City Stadium in Iturributa

Group C
Civil Citizenry
Vettrera
Polar Islandstates
Nzyghistan
Matches to be played at the 63,000-seater Ituraitz Sporting Ground in Ituraitz

Group D
Virabia
Mangolana
Erathore
Perahikia
Matches to be played at the 42,000-seater Gotorlekua in Rumiatzi

RP bonus will be graded mainly on quality and creativity, with respect for your opponent's RPs also being important. I won't be a stickler for grammar and spelling, but please make sure to use paragraphs and such to make it properly readable. In addition, bonuses are cumulative and won't decay. If you need any information about Astograth, feel free to check the wiki article or TG me.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y/N
Godmod scoring events Y/N
RP injuries to my players Y/N
Godmod injuries to my players Y/N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y/N
Hand out red cards to my players Y/N
Godmod other events Y/N
Last edited by Astograth on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Erathore
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Erathore » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:15 pm

+3 Modifier
4-5-1
------------------BENNEDETTO------------------

------GAVINO-----MANLIO-----DINO------NERO-----

------------------EMLIO------------------

------------------NARAZO------------------

-----ROLODEL-----DEL NIERAN-----METTIS

------------------MALVOLIO------------------

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Yes so long as they ask me first
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events N

Home: Image
Away: Image
Alternative: Image
Goalkeeper Home: Image
Goalkeeper Away:Image[/size]

Goalkeepers:

1- Roberto BENNEDETTO (Team: FC Mildrid)
Height: 6’4’’ - Weight: 193lbs – Age: 19 years old
Roberto Bennedetto is is the best goalkeeper in Erathore. No doubts about that. He surpassed Galigilygano as the best keeper of the modern day when he put on a flawless display in the 55th World Cup. During his young career, he has won the Seria-A golden glove twice and has won it in the King’s Cup. With so many years in front of him, we could possibly see Bennedetto become the best keeper in the world.
Rating: A+ - Team Relationship: A+ - Morale: A+ - Form: A+

Played WCs 54/55, CoHs 46/47
Caps: 56, Goals 0

12- Alessio Affonso GALIGILYGANO (Team: Juvillian Martinax)
Height: 6'2'' - Weight: 191lbs – Age: 29 years old
Galigilygano has been considered one of the greatest keepers to play in Erathore for the majority of his professional career. Lately that title has been taken from him and bestowed upon the young Roberto Bennedetto. Galigilygano does not care; he is far too professional for that. He missed out on the majority of the 55th World Cup do to him having sustained a serious injury but he looks set to play in this one, albeit as a sub. Galigilygano pulls off saves that he deems to be comfortable and not too risky, but if a more spectacular save is necessary he will not hesitate to perform it. Galigilygano is reluctant to challenge an enemy offender due to him having broken 3 ribs in his first professional game that saw him missing a few games.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: A
Caps: 41, Goals: 0

23-Atmosa PHERA (Team: Charzzan)
Height: 6'3'' – Weight: 199lbs – Age: 26 years old
If not for his fame and his looks, one may never notice Atmosa Phera. The quite, shy, and good mannered keeper prefers it that way. He is much the same in goal, never adopting the popular keeper stance, rather he stands with his hands by his sides, always never seeming to pay attention but almost always making the saves. He is widely considered the best penalty shot blocker in Erathore.
Rating: B - Team Relationship: A+ - Morale: B+ - Form: B
Played None
Caps: 0, Goals: 0

Defenders:

2- Ermanno GAVINO Amedo (Team: Arro)
Height: 5'8'' – Weight: 160lbs – Age: 28 years old
Gavino is a very skilled and talented player that has carried Arro from Seria-B into Seria-A on his back. He is wonderful at herding opposing forwards onto their weaker foot and pushing them away from goal. If the forward tries to make a break, Gavino uses his wonderful slide tackling skill to dispossess them.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: B – Morale: B – Form: A

Caps: 75, Goals: 0

3- Fredrico MANLIO (Team: Manlio)
Height: 6' - Weight: 176 – Age: 22 years old
Fredrico Manlio is the great-grandson of Diauiditori Manlio, the great striker of Erathore and founder of the Manlio football club. However there are some on the team who resent him for his connection to Manlio. Despite the immense pressure that comes with this relationship, Fredrico performs very well, almost flawlessly.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: A

Caps: 74, Goals: 3

4- NERO Romo (Team: FC Mildrid)
Height: 5'8'' - Weight: 167 – Age: 23 years old
Nero has been trained to be a top footballer since his youth, participating in most of the youth high level club teams of the country. Even though he had the misfortune of always landing on a losing team during that age, as a professional he toke Elidoro FC into Seria-A before transferring to the Erathi powerhouse team FC Mildrid.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: A

Caps: 71, Goals: 0

5- Barino DINO (Team: FC Mildrid) - VICE-CAPTAIN
Height: 5'9'' - Weight: 166 - Age: 24 years old
Barino Dino is the best defender in Erathore as exemplified by him being named Defender of the Year in this past season and coming in 5th place for the same award two seasons ago. He is fast, strong, and plays to win. Hopes are high for him as he makes his international debut in this World Cup.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: A

Played WCs 55, CoHs 47
Caps: 31, Goals: 2

15-Vanni DEL NARAN (Team: Charzzan)
Height: 5'7'' – Weight: 161 – Age: 21 years old
Since being placed on the national team, Naran has found that his domestic and international game have improved immensely. He has crisp passing, good heading, good standing tackles, good speed, just an all around good player.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: B – Form: A
Caps: 40, Goals: 2

21- Mariano ALBERICO (Team: EMI FC)
Height: 6'3'' - Weight: 181 – Age: 27 years old
Alberico is not a clean footballer. Given his brief stint in the military, he likes to argue with officials and players from the other team. A lot. This has resulted in many a yellow and the occasional red. However he produces results so he is kept on the team. He plays hard and plays to win.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: A
Caps: 66, Goals: 0

Midfielders:

6- EMLIO Fredrico(Team: CR Submiria-Churchma)
Height: 170cm – Weight: 72kg – Age: 30 years old
Emlio is a player that loves to play the game. He trains everyday, wears his jersey around the house and has been known to sleep in it from time to time. As a player, he works as a second defensive midfielder, with more freedom to go to the attacks, mostly due to his ability in controlling the ball and making precise passes. His favored and most classic move is performing a backwards pass with his heel after catching the ball on a bounce.
Rating: B – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Form: B

Caps: 79, Goals: 3

7- Alexio DEL NIERAN (Team: Dunboor FC-Cafundéu) -CAPTAIN
Height: 6'1'' – Weight: 165lbs – Age: 21 years old
Alexio is a quiet and respectful footballer. He enjoys training whilst listening to dubstep and classical music. He is equally adapt at offense and defense. He is always respectful to the referees, calmly and rationally arguing with them and if proven wrong he apologizes to, and then thanks the referee. He has been compared to an artist creating a masterpiece on the field and it is evident why. He is widely credited with being the most proficient at bending the ball in Erathore. This has caused many a keeper to scramble and fail to save his ball that curves first one way then another. He recently transferred to one of the best teams in the world, Dunboor FC, on a 3 year, $65 Million contract.
Rating: A+ – Team Relationship: A+ – Morale: A+ – Form: A+

Caps: 89 (Record Holder), Goals: 73 (Record Holder)

8- NARAZO Del Pietro (Team: Drago de Celio)
Height: 5'7''– Weight: 163lbs – Age: 25 years old
Narazo Del Pietro is a player who can play both sides of the field, although he prefers to play on the right side. His passing has improved immensely and this results in a better game for him and the team. He is pretty good at distributing the ball, but his real strength comes from his slide tackles and his speed.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: B – Form: A

Caps: 76, Goals: 13

9-Espen Úpaddol ROLODEL (Team: FC Mildrid) --Elf
Height: 6' - Weight: 153lbs - Age: 3246 years old
The first non-human player in Erathore, Rolodel has proved that you don't have to be human to be good at footy. In 47 appearences for FC Mildrid, he found net 37 times, earning him the golden boot and several other awards. He is looking to nab his first few caps and goals in this tournament. Rolodel blends speed, power, and skill together to form a weapon that he uses to deadly effect.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale A - Form: A

None

11-Alessandro METTIS (Team: Reial Capital)
Height: 5'8'' - Weight: 161lbs - Age: 25 years old
Competing in his first international tournament, Alessandro Mettis looks set to make a splash. A big one. He assists as many goals as he scores and he scores tons of them. He possess' high stamina, speed, strength, and a good shot. His skill shot is approaching from the left flank and curling a precise lob into the far top corner of the goal. As a person and a teammate, he is very respectful and loves a good laugh, just like the vast majority of Erathi footballers.

Played None

16-FIORELLO Lupes (Team: Resolute Storm 1913-Polar Islandstates)
Height: 6'4'' – Weight: 181lba – Age: 27 years old
Fiorello likes to listen to heavy metal while training and likes to argue very loudly with referees. Despite his tall stature and aforementioned attributes, he has beautiful footwork with the ball. Weaving the ball above, around, and under the opponent. Throw a mean shot into that mix and the attitude to win and you get a potent combo.
Rating: B+ – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Form: A+
Caps: 41, Goals: 1

17-Julio LANZIANO (Team: Nicostrato)
Height: 5'7'' - Weight: 159lbs - Age: 22 years old
Another player making his debut, Julio Lanizano is one of the premier midfielders in Erathore. He might be small but Julio makes up for it with speed, a sublime left foot, wonderful technical ability, and pure skill. He knows when to pass, when to carry the ball, and when to shoot. Despite numerous offers, Lanziano has admirably stuck with Nicostrato, although rumors are that he would like to move internationally. It will be interesting to see how this affects his play.
Played None

18- ANTONIO Casento (Team: Astria Yaburi)
Height: 5'11'' - Weight: 173lbs - Age: 23 years old
Antonio Casento almost singlehandedly delivered back to back promotions to Astria Yaburi and this has resulted in AY playing in Seria-A for the first time in their history. . He is widely praised for his sheer speed and skill throughout Erathore. Unfortunately for him, Mettis, Rolodel, and Del Nieran are all slightly better then him so he will not be starting. However, he will most likely be a commonly used substitute.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B+ - Morale A+ - Form: A
Played WCs 55, CoHs 47
Caps: 10, Goals: 3

Forwards:

10- Gaspare MALVOLIO (Team: Juvillian Martinax)
Height: 5'8'' – Weight: 163lbs – Age: 26 years old
Malvolio is the fastest footballer in Erathore. When he was 13 years old he posted a 4.54 40-yd dash and has continually improved that to wear he runs a 2.56 on a bad day and a 2.14 on a good one. He has impressive dribbling skills to match that speed as well. He also has a massively powerful and fast shot that can go from ground to goal faster then the keepers reflexes.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A– Morale: A – Form: A

Caps: 80, Goals: 36

13-Lucifer ANDREA (Vincanto)
Height: 6'2'' – Weight: 176lbs – Age: 26 years old
Lucifer is a jack of all trades, master of none. He is also damn good at those trades. He's fast, he's strong, he's good. What more must be said?
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: A – Form: A[/b]
Caps: 63, Goals: 29

16-CESC Celestino (Team: Eldorado-Cafundéu)
Height: 5'7'' – Weight: 159lbs – Age: 18 years old
Cesc Celestino is a wonderful forward who, at the age of 18, has already been subject to a $21 Million deal to the best league in the world. With 6 goals in 5 U-21 games and 15 goals in 20 appearances for the senior team, Cesc is undoubtly the most accomplished player of his age. A product of the FC Mildrid Youth Academy and a promising striker FCM slipped him into the senior squad at age 17. He was named player of the week during his professional debut game against Drago de Celio. He finished the season with several awards and 38 appearances and 23 goals. This attracted the attention of Eldorado from Cafundéu, who signed him on a $23 million contract.
Played WCs 55, CoHs 47
Caps: 20, Goals: 15

21-Marichristo AMURI (Team: Charzzan)
Height: 5'11'' - Weight: 163lbs - Age: 29 years old
Another newbie to the team and the international scene, Amuri is the classic target man/off the shoulder striker. He has incredible stamina and speed, as well as a deadly chip shot for one on one situations. He has good balance and strength too so defenders will have a hard time pushing him off the ball.
Played None

22- Michelangelo De MERICCI (Team: Directus FC-FSSO)
Height: 5'10'' – Weight: 168lbs – Age: 27 years old
Mericci is one of the most powerful shooters on the team. He is capable of ripping them past the keeper from 40yd out although he rarely does that in a game. He does not boast impressive dribbling and relies on passes from teammates to score. Recently his international playing form has taken a tremendous dive, which has resulted in him being put down as a sub/reserve. And yet he still performs exceptionally well domestically, having won several golden boots both in Erathore and in the FSSO.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Form: A
Caps: 54, Goals: 19

Captain: Alexio Del Nieran
Vice-Captain: Barino Dino
3rd Captain-Roberto Bennedetto
Free Kicks-Alexio Del Nieran
Right Corners-Alexio Del Nieran
Left Corners-Alexio Del Nieran
Penalty Kicks-Gaespare Malvolio

Last edited by Erathore on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hosted: BoF 42, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup, 1st International Football Tournament
Champions: Copa Rushmori VII, 1st International Football Tournament, 2nd Market Cup, 4th Market Cup, 4th World Indoor Soccer Championships
Runners up: 4th Commonwealth Cup, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup
Third: 3rd World Indoor Soccer Championships, Cup of Harmony 49, 20th Di Bradini Cup
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 46, Cup of Harmony 48
Other Finals Placings: World Cup 59 (Ro16), Cup of Harmony 47 (Quarterfinals), BoF 41(Ro16), Di Bradini Cup 16 (Quarterfinals), Di Bradini Cup 17 (Ro16), AOCAF XXXI (Ro16), 2nd World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals), 1st World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals)
Notable Rankings: #1 (Indoor Football--Post-4th World Indoor Soccer Championships

Wadomia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Here's our roster.

GK: Warren Levin
LD: Gregory Thomas
Sweeper: Joshua Thomas
RD: William Martinez
Left mid: Santos Freudenberg
Center mid: Josh Carr
Right mid: Thomas Freeman
Left wing: Fred Williams
Right wing: Edward Scott
Left forward: John Krom
Right forward: David Sasser

RESERVES:
GK: Jason Adams
Def: Chris Kaye
Mid: John Reyes
Wing: James Cox
Forward: Robert Washington

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Yes just lets me know who and how he was injured
Godmod other events N
Last edited by Wadomia on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Factbook
Embassy
Hosted: Wadomia Athletics Invitational, World Kickball Championships
Champions: Wadomia Athletics Invitational 1 & 2 (Men's Track), Market Cup 3, Gregory Cup (Lockey)
Runner Ups: Nation's Cup 2, Birthday Cup 1
3rd Place: Nation's Cup
4th Place:
Quarter-Finals Brotherhood Cup I, World Kickball Championships, World Indoor Soccer Championships 2, Mcleod Cup IV (Babbage Football)
Qualified Beyond Group Stage: World Bowl XV
Rankings: Indoor Vollyball - 23rd, Rugby Union - 68th, Lockey - 1st, Babbage Football - 25th
Wadomia American Football League
Game of the IV Olympiad -RP Thread's 1000th Viewer :)
Highlight --------> Your Mom

San Havana
Spokesperson

Founded: May 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Havana » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 am

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players N
Godmod other events N

LD: Josh Johnson
Sweeper: Benjamin Bennasi
RD: Matt Maslo
Left mid: Simon Cooper
Center mid: Nathan Wright
Left wing: Jeremy Pappy
Right wing: Fernando Gotti
Left forward: Ed Steward
Right forward: Tony Cutler

RESERVES:
GK: Christopher Johnson
Def: Jay Fry
Mid: Jason Car
Wing: Li Wung
Forward: Denzel Coz

Perahikia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Perahikia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:24 am

If my opponent RP first they can

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (Please TG me if you are RP:ing serious injuries)
Godmod other events Y, (Please, don't kill my whole team, or godmod other events like this)

Roster

Goalkeepers
1. Jean Urmi
9. Habert Ulef

Right Defenders
31. Gerb Ulof
29. Santo Ukiv

Central Defenders
22. Faen Uleo
13. Cerber Ujon

Left Defenders
10. Gilb Umae
26. Leo Unik

Midfielders
7. Gew Usil
3. Bernik Uzek
28. Hans Ujar
12. Kalb Undo
11. Fartiffa Umar
19. Gel Ugel
24. Rickh Umaj

Attackers
2. Loen Uksi
23. Tumaf Uljy
27. Raat Uhoo

Roles
Captain: Loen Uksi
Vice captain: Gew Usil
Free Kicks: Bernik Uzek
Corners: Bernik Uzek
Penalty Kicks: Tumaf Uljy

Kits

Ocel0t
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ocel0t » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 am

OFA Cup Brotherhood Cup Squad

Morten Heikkinen- Head Coach
Maarten Van Aanholt- Assistant Coach
Style: +1

Starting formation:
3-1-2-3-1
Coach Morten Heikkinen has changed the teams approach, switching to a more offensive formation than the 3-5-2 seen in the WC 55 qualifiers.

-------------------------------------Hulk-----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Boateng----------------------------------------------------------Touré-----
-----------------------------------Bilaydinetov------------------------------------
--------------------Guarcouff------------------------Cristian---------------------
-----------------------------------Vrhovnek--------------------------------------
--------------------Gönül------------------------Luyindula---------------------
---------------------------------Marx-Bradley-----------------------------------
----------------------------------Gorduchev-------------------------------------

Roster: (Organized as a depth chart)
Coach Heikkinen is keeping the roster he used from the CoH for the Brotherhood Cup, since Ocel0t was eliminated in the group stage. Heikkinen completely revamped the Ocel0t squad, replacing many older veterans with younger players to give them some playing time and to test the depth of his talent pool. Experienced players such as El Ghanasay, Enevoldsen, Muslimovic, El Jubbory, and Yamamoto were left out of the squad to have time to rest, but Morten Heikkinen has confirmed that these players will play again come WC 56.
Goalkeepers:

#1 Gorduchev- Age 28
#15 Jara- Age 26
#12 Gomiz- Age 26

Defenders:

#5 Marx-Bradley- Age 25
#18 Luyindula- Age 23
#3 Gönül- Age 22
#29 Assou-Bassong- Age 25
#4 Xú- Age 20
#16 Ortozo- Age 19

Midfielders:

#25 Vrhovnek- Age 28
#20 Guarcouff- Age 23
#8 Cristian
#40 Touré- Age 22
#26 Boateng- Age 21
#44 Silvo- Age 26
#2 Ebondo- Age 20
#31 Ostergaard- Age 21

Forwards:

#28 Bilaydinetov- Age 29
#99 Hulk- Age 22 (and no, he is not green and muscular...)
#11 Wölf- Age 20
#6 Palacious- Age 21
#17 Cissé- Age 22
#32 Santin- Age 18

Kit:
Provided by MytaStar (Mytannion)

Image Image Image

Home, Away, Alternative

RP Permissions:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y (Not too many)
Godmod other events Y

Player Roles:

Captain- Vrhovnek
Co-Captain- Gorduchev
Penalties- Bilaydinetov
Free Kicks- Vrhovnek
Right Corner- Boateng
Left Corner- Touré

Nzyghistan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nzyghistan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Permissions
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (However, receive permission from me before RPing serious injuries)
Hand out red cards to my players Y (with permission)
Godmod other events Y (However, receive permission from me beforehand)

Roster
Formation: 4-5-1.
Playing Style: Defensive.
Head Coach: Milorad Shahpur

General Manager: Yazdar Muhammet.
Assistant Manager: Gulzar Babak
Coaches: Murat Cenk.
Miljenko Brajković.
Goalkeeping Coach: Dr. Zlatko Ivanovic, PhD.
Fitness Coach: Damjan Pavić.
Physiotherapist: Ilyas Yaqub.
Team doctor: Dr. Damir Marjanovic, MA.
Other backroom staff: Mert Yunus.
David Marić.
Vidoslav Poljak.

Squad:

Goalkeeping
Dragutin Cerkez - DOB April 3rd 1987 (aged 24). Height 6ft 5in. Number 23. Club team - Tarazspor.
Cerkez was an unusual choice for Shahpur, a manager who values extensive experience in his goalkeepers. However, Cerkez has demonstrated excellent reactions and positioning, abilities cultivated during his time at a FF youth academy, the Taraz Football Collegiate, though despite his reputation as Nzyghistan's 'upcoming great goalkeeper', has been criticised for his lack of dynamic, free-form play and strict, rigid discipline to his traditionalist style. However, he has a calming influence on the defence, rarely expressing strong emotions both on-field and reportedly off-field.

Fereydoun Asilc - DOB July 15th 1970 (aged 37). Height 6ft 3in. Number 1. Club team - Yenispor.
Matijević is the secondary goalkeeper choice. Formerly the first-choice for the national team, he initially made his reputation as a 'hard-man' in the first professional team to form in Nzyghistan, Novye Rasstoyanie, notable for his unorthodox, brutal charges from goal into strikers, snatching the ball from their feet - during these charges, he often shouts 'Vy vyebannaya' or 'you are fucked'. His stocky build, built by a childhood of rugby union, adds to his threatening, imposing presence on the field. He expects a strong defence and deeply values his clean sheets. He is capable of dynamic saves, however, though his hot-headed temper has polarised him from the squad, contributing to his dropping in favour of Cerkez.

Aytac Shahin - DOB September 16th 1994 (aged 14). Height 5ft 6in. Number 46. Club team - None (free agent).
Shahin was the 'black sheep' for the roster. Lacking a professional affiliation, and technically not even an adult, he requires his parents' permission to attend tournaments - their protectiveness of him makes negotiations difficult. Nonetheless, he has become an icon of the young Nzyghistani working-class, coming from a poor shipbuilding community in the Port of Nzyghistan. Despite his inexperience, he displays brilliant ability at performing athletic saves and catches that descend from what many describe as his 'otherworldly' jumping talent, though when put under considerable pressure he is known to fail. He is often the recipient of taunting from his team-mates that occasionally requires intervention from the coaching staff. He rarely plays.

Defence
Bozidar Serhan - DOB November 23rd 1987 (aged 23). Height 6ft 1in. Number 2. Club team - Kirsehir.
Serhan is a standard, solid pick for the right-back and sweeper positions. A central part of the three-man defence, he is a dominant aerially yet has a magnificent capability to track wingers and block their crosses early on. He rarely takes any risks, and prefers to intercept passes and other clever play rather than violent tactics to win the ball. Nonetheless, he is criticised for his lack of aggression.

Hayati Erdem DOB January 1st 1977 (aged 34). Height 6ft 4in. Number 23. Club team -

WIP.

Kit:

Last edited by Nzyghistan on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Nothing is certain but death."

"You are defenders of a doomed world. Flee here and perhaps you will prolong your pathetic lives."

Seleucius
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seleucius » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Seleucius National Football Team

Coach: Elias Varella (45 years old)
Varella is keeping the same classic 4-2-1-3 formation, the most common in Seleucius, he used in the WC 55 with the same names. With a very attacking aproach of the game, every player must do his part perfectly or the result may be catastrofic. The two central midfilders must assist the forwads and at the same time help the defenders to stop any attack from the opposition, Rattini and Canizzia are the ones chosen by Varella. The two wide defenders are really important both in attack and in defence and must be very fast to fit in this scheme and Lazzatti and Di Girolamo will take this position. The veteran center forward Martín Marzoli and the two wingers Palacios and Rojas form the attacking trident, the wingers changing sides with amazing speed and ability, looking for any space left by the opponent and Marzoli waiting inside the area to connect one of his very accurate headers or to push the ball into goal. However, the advanced midfilder and captain Román Estévez is the angular stone of this formation, putting toghether the forwards and the rest of the team, providing them with opportunities and directing the game.

------------------Catti------------------

-----Lazzatti-----Mouzo-----Tesorinni-----Di Girolamo-----

-----Rattini-----Canizzia-----

----Estévez (C)----

------Palacios--------Marzoli---------Rojas------

Formation: 4-2-1-3
Style: +3

Players:
GK - 1 Orlando Catti (Racing Club de La Plata, 33 years old)
DR - 4 Hugo Lazzatti (San Isidro Club, 28 years old)
DCR - 2 Alberto Mouzo (C.D. San Martín de La Plata, 27 years old)
DCL - 3 Gabriel Tesorinni (C.A. Seleucius Juniors, 32 years old)
DL - 6 Stefano Di Girolamo (C.D. San Martín de La Plata, 25 years old)
MCR - 5 Hugo Rattini (Defensores Fútbol Club, 23 years old)
MCL - 8 Claudio Canizzia (C.D. San Martín de La Plata, 20 years old)
AMC - 10 Román Estévez (C) (C.A. Seleucius Juniors, 27 years old)
WFR - 7 Silvio Palacios (Racing Club de La Plata, 23 years old)
CF - 9 Martín Marzoli (C.A. Seleucius Juniors, 31 years old)
WFL - 11 Ángel Rojas (San Isidro Club,24 years old)

Subtitutes:
GK - 12 Roberto Mondaini (Defensores Fútbol Club, 31 years old)
DC/DR - 13 Carlos Romani (Asociación Deportiva Platense, 23 years old)
DC/DL - 18 Nicolas Gattaro (Gimnasia y Esgrima de Liniers, 28 years old)
MC - 14 Gonzalo Mazzola (C.A. San Isidro, 22 years old)
AMC/WF - 16 Rodrigo Arismendi (San Isidro Club, 26 years old)
SS/CF - 17 Fernando Gaona (C.D. San Martín de La Plata, 24 years old)
SS/CF - Gonzalo Esquellotto(Racing Club de La Plata, 26 years old)
DC - Claudio Chellay (C.A. Seleucius Juniors, 28 years old)
MC - Marcelo García (C.F. General Arias, 28 years old)
DM/MC - 20 Javier Cherrini (San Telmo F.C., 21 years old)
CF - Fábian Taggliafico(C.A San Isidro, 22 years old)
WF - Federico Monzón (Racing Club de La Plata, 24 years old)

Captain: Román Estévez
Free Kick Taker: Román Estévez
Penalty Taker: Martín Marzoli
Right Corner: Ángel Rojas
Left Corner: Román Estévez

Kits:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players N
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Seleucius on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Virabia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Virabi Roster for the Brotherhood Cup in Astograth

Nicknames: The Nats , V-Train, The V-Team
Colours: Dark Red, Navy Blue, White, Maple Leaf Red

Manager: Jeff Parker Age: 52 Nationality: Virabia Record: TBC (Jack Vendres will act as Game Day manager due to Parker's involvement with the concurrent Copa Rushmori)
Style: -3
Formation: 4-2-2-1-1

First XI (Listed Left -> Right)

No: Player Age Pos Cap/Gol Club
57: Max Wilson 35 GK 38/0 Vonghurst Capitols
3: Maximilian Gamble 31 DF 38/0 Vonghurst Capitols
88: Dax Collins 39 DF 42/0 Eastburg Open
44: Henry Burns 40 DF 32/0 Laufston Town
31: Jack White 32 DF 0/0 Fuzzy Navel
84: Sean Nosworthy 19 DM 0/0 Mortingham City
11: Earl Öglethorpe 34 DM 29/1 Abbotsford Bears
94: Pédrinho 27 MF 2/0 Sainte-Catherine (Cotdelapoms)
74: Ken Little 25 MF 0/0 Thundercougarfalconbirds
93: Rael Vasquez 24 AM 1/0 Thundercougarfalconbirds
27: Pédro 37 FW 34/6 CD Vonghurst

Vasquez is the Principal Set Pieces and Pédro is the Penalty Kick Taker

Backups
No: Player Age Pos Cap/Gol Club
00: Eric Handsman 25 GK 0/0 Dryden Town
63: Elijah McLeay 29 DF 2/0 The Mets
87: Adolfo Merino 21 DF 4/0 CD Vonghurst
49: Marco Pacopaco 30 DF 1/0 Atlético Knoxham
54: Riley Maassen 25 DF 2/0 Freeville Pioneers
1: Jon Lenin 21 DF 4/0 Ironclad Portsham
36: Orión 20 DF 0/0 South Arch FC
8: Gin Okasa 36 MF 0/0 EFC Drogba
28: Mario Luigo 26 MF 0/0 F.C. Negroe Pride
25: Jò Martino 29 MF 0/0 Fuzzy Navel
16: Francis Schmidt 36 MF 9/1 Espilon Psychic
35: Johnny America 18 ST 0/0 FC Mildrid (Erathore)

RP permissions

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Roleplay injuries to my players Y (Nothing Major)
Godmod injuries to my players TG
Hand out red cards to my players Y (Limit: 2)
Godmod other events TG

Also: Don't use RL picture for MY players...

If you have any ideas... TG me

Kits:

First:Image
Second:Image

Kits Provided by Kappa Kits n' Kits
Last edited by Virabia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.00
OCCUPY ALL STREETS, EVERYWHERE (Occupy Ithaca)

I have made the following progression in my beliefs
American Liberal -> Social Democrat -> Right Libertarian -> Democratic Socialist -> Trotskyist -> Eco-Socialist -> Eco-Communist -> Cooperativist

Astograth
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:17 am

The Astograth National Football Team

Manager: Gartzen Treko - Age 76
Style: +1
Colours

Squad:
(Starters in bold, foreign clubs in italics)

GK - 1 - Cheru Larretape - Age 22 - Royal Rumiatzi - 6 caps
GK - 13 - Lapurdi Abaitua - Age 27 - Ituraitz FC - Uncapped
GK - 23 - Aurken Krestia - Age 22 - Ituraitz Victory - Uncapped
With coach Treko giving many first team regulars a break, this is Larretape's big chance to dethrone Zernin Aira. Lightning-quick reflexes and an excellent sense of positioning, on top of being the star keeper of Royal Rumiatzi, should give him an advantage. Abaitua and Krestia await their turn patiently, with the latter knowing he might only be a few seasons away from being the first-choice goalie.

LB - 14 - Yuango Mendiola - Age 28 - Iturributa United - 35 caps
LB - 3 - Gorri Mendizko - Age 23 - South Factory - Uncapped
CB - 4 - Ubelteso Adin - Age 23 - Royal Rumiatzi - 15 caps, 1 goal
CB - 2 - Milian Erburu - Age 28 - Ituraitz FC - 54 caps, 1 goal

CB - 16 - Sotil Burruchaga - Age 21 - Sporting Iturributa - Uncapped
CB - 18 - Ixona Ertze - Age 24 - South Factory - Uncapped
RB - 17 - Benat Uranga - Age 21 - Ituraitz Victory - 1 cap
RB - 5 - Erlantz Izagirre - Age 23 - Astograth University - Uncapped
Commanding the defense will be the resolute Milian Erburu, a giant of a man with a lot of skill and experience. The youngsters Adin and Uranga, each with bright futures ahead, will be trying to cement themselves into the starting lineup. Mendiola, on his part, will surely be kept on his toes be the emergent Mendizko.

LM - 11 - Soter Larreaga - Age 23 - Urbizania Wanderers - 1 cap
LM - 15 - Eneko Dicharry - Age 26 - Ituraitz Victory - Uncapped
CM - 6 - Inguma Sapano - Age 22 - Shadows - 1 cap
CM - 12 - Zorion Legeren - Age 23 - FC1. Surtsey Island Gulls - Uncapped
RM - 10 - Itzeder Unzueta - Age 22 - Therakham - 2 caps
RM - 20 - Lartaun Zomoza - Age 29 - Sporting Iturributa - Uncapped
AM - 8 - Estebe Bularte (C) - Age 31 - Iturributa United - 60 caps, 3 goals
AM - 19 - Iratze Zarazua - Age 25 - Ituraitz Victory - Uncapped
Astograth will be fielding a renovated midfield, with captain Bularte the only first-team regular. Following Edorta Urrustoy's retirement from the national team it will be Inguma Sapano, who coincidentally also plays in Kagdazka and Pazhujebu, in the central midfielder role. Ironically, the man who once indirectly forced him to search for a club abroad, Zorion Legeren, is now his back-up. Itzeder Unzueta, another talented individual displaying his skills in distant lands, will be replacing Egerdi Bordato on this occasion, whereas Soter Larreaga revels in Urgutz Belarte's absence.

CF - 7 - Dei Ormache - Age 27 - SK Franz Josef City - 61 caps, 14 goals
CF - 9 - Soter Sarlange - Age 23 - Ituraitz FC - 54 caps, 21 goals

CF - 21 - Gaur Arambilet - Age 30 - Vincanto - 17 caps, 4 goals
CF - 22 - Intza Basurto - Age 24 - Ituraitz FC - Uncapped
As for the forwards, there is no change regarding the team that competed in the 47th Cup of Harmony. Dei Ormache, one of the top goalscorers in the Polarian league and the only man to have played in every single one of Astograth's matches, will be combining his dribbling with Soter Sarlange's speed and unstoppable header. Gaur Arambilet will provide a strong, accurate shot if called upon, while Sarlange's partner at Ituraitz, Basurto, is an unknown quantity at this point.

------------------Larretape------------------
-----Uranga-----Erburu-----Adin-----Mendiola-----
------Unzueta-----Sapano-----Larreaga------
----Bularte (C)----
-----Sarlange-----Ormache-----

Captain: Estebe Bularte
Free Kick Taker: Estebe Bularte
Penalty Taker: Dei Ormache
Right Corner: Soter Larreaga
Left Corner: Estebe Bularte

Choose my goalscorers Yes
Godmod scoring events Yes
RP injuries to my players Yes
Godmod injuries to my players Yes
Hand out yellow cards to my players Yes
Hand out red cards to my players Yes
Godmod other events Yes

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Wadomia enters in international soccer tournament; first in ten years

by Herald Henderson

Contributing Writer

Wadomia has sent the national soccer team to compete in the Brotherhood Cup, which is the first international soccer tournament Wadomia has entered in ten years.

"We finally have the budget to compete in an international tournament this year, which is very exciting," says WSA Commissioner Mike Leonard. Head Coach, Jame Gutierrez, will be representing the team.

"I'm very excited to be coaching the first international soccer team in ten years," says the head coach.

The last overseas soccer tournament Wadomia has entered was the 3rd Thunder Cup, which Wadomia was eliminated very quickly in pool play.

"We hope to have better luck in this competition," say Gutierrez, who competed in the 3rd Thunder Cup on Wadomia.
Here is the Roster:

GK: Warren Levin
LD: Gregory Thomas
Sweeper: Joshua Thomas
RD: William Martinez
Left mid: Santos Freudenberg
Center mid: Josh Carr
Left wing: Fred Williams
Right wing: Edward Scott
Left forward: John Krom
Right forward: David Sasser

RESERVES:
GK: Jason Adams
Def: Chris Kaye
Mid: John Reyes
Wing: James Cox
Forward: Robert Washington
Last edited by Wadomia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Factbook
Embassy
Champions: Wadomia Athletics Invitational 1 & 2 (Men's Track), Market Cup 3, Gregory Cup (Lockey)
4th Place:
Quarter-Finals Brotherhood Cup I, World Kickball Championships, World Indoor Soccer Championships 2, Mcleod Cup IV (Babbage Football)
Rankings: Indoor Vollyball - 23rd, Rugby Union - 68th, Lockey - 1st, Babbage Football - 25th

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Team Name: The Federation of Polar Islandstates
Country Shorthand Names: Polar, The Federation, The FPI
Citizens of The FPI are: Polarians

Team Nickname: The Terns
Official Supporters Group: The Twitchers (as in, birdwatchers)

KIT COLOURS: - courtesy of Barrengeka Kits, Astograth:

NATIONAL SQUAD:

Coach: Sol Kirkkegaard, 49
Sol Kirkkegaard is the finest tactical mind our nation has ever produced, and has pioneered the use of his formation, dubbed 'The Iceberg', in the national team. Has guided his teams to success without fail, and has a calm and cool exterior that does nothing to hint at what his calculative mind is thinking. He rarely flaps under pressure, and is well respected by fans, players, and press alike. He was the natural choice to lead our nation into the development of their first official international team, and carefully assessed the players through the exhibition A vs B and Road To The World Cup matches, the link to which can be found in my signature. Through this he has developed a key core of players to rely on, and should they get injured this may be challenged. Tasted success at the Burchadinger Cup, and has been buoyed by his side's performance in qualifying, which lead to a huge jump in the rankings. After a disappointing CoH campaign he will have his eyes closely trained on his players here, as well as on the youth player currently being managed by Gregorz van der Riise in the DBC, as he looks to build a stronger squad for the Copa Rushmori.

Assistant: Morten Yarbin, 64
The megaphone to Kirkkegaard's computer. The pair have worked together for coming up to twenty years, and in many cases Morten is able to start shouting a specific instruction onto the pitch with only a knowing glance from Sol. Loud, abrasive, fierce, and dogged, Morten is a master at motivating his players to do their best, walking the fine line between aggravating them and complementing them with a fine skill. Only one episode with a certain matriarchal figure from Johz during the Burchadinger Cup has tarnished this gritty image he has built up, and he will be sure to display his powerful leadership qualities from the technical area, loud and proud.

#1 - GK - Lars Hegg Gammel - Age 24 - Saint-Urbain (Cotdelapoms)
Frustrated at a lack of first team chances at SK Franz Josef City, Gammel made the positive decision to jump abroad to our Rushmori friends in Cotdelapoms, where he was signed by a Celtic team that baffled critics and fans alike to slip to a dismal relegation in his first season. Widely appreciated though, he was snapped up by Saint-Urbain, and here will start as first choice keeper as Sol explores the limited goalkeeping talents of the national pool.

#2 - DR - Petter Nikkel - Age 28 - SK Franz Josef City
As regular starter Makarov is handed a rest for the tournament, Nikkel will get a chance to shine as the first choice right-back. Fast and accurate with the tackle, he gives away precious little, often looking to strike with a long pass to set up counter-attacks. Amiable and well liked, the joker of the group.

#3 - DC - Anton McAllister - Age 27 - Resolute Storm 1913 FC - 9(13) Caps, 1 Assist
McAllister has been unable to hammer down a starting place on a regular basis, thanks to the partnership of Berg and Marek. His time has come with this tournament, and Sol may come to rely on him hugely in the case of Berg's continuing achilles problems, and so for now this nimble and sometimes erratic defender will have time to perfect his gameplay before the chance to play regularly comes around for sure.

#4 - DC - Niko Marek - Age 30 - Jan Mayen Islanders - CAPTAIN
Finally captained his side to the title they deserved, and lifted the Burchadinger Cup for his country. Niko is a born leader and will sacrifice his all to aid the cause, marshalling the players on his side to a stout and firm performance. Massively influential player, has played all but 79 minutes of the Terns' competitive matches so far and was a massively important player during the wins over Jeruselem, Starblaydia and Osarius.

#5 - DL - Pol de Huyer - Age 28 - Sainte-Catherine (Cotdelapoms)
Is equally at home on either flank, but has sealed a starting place on the left flank for this tournament. Is one part of the contingent coming from the Cotdelapoms league, his dynamic runs are often the start of exciting cross-field moves.

#6 - MC - Henning Tir - Age 25 - Decraa United (Mytannion)
A relative newcomer to Sol's plans, Tir is one of a growing contingent of Polarian players in the Mytanar Takillega and will be bursting at the seams to have the chance to prove himself. A dynamic player, his energy can sometimes get him into trouble.

#7 - AMC - Luc Demarchelier - Age 24 - Parr City (Mytannion)
More of a driving attacking midfielder than usual regular playmaker van Jendrisen, Demarchelier and Golubev often found themselves appearing in spite of each other dependant on the aims of the match or the attacking strength of the opposition but will appear together here. An exciting prospect, and with a reshuffled midfield coming into the Cup, anything could happen as this player's stock continues to rise.

#8 - MC - Pol Sundstrom - Age 26 - Miago City (Mytannion)
Coming in for the qualification campaign as something of a risk, Sundstrom excelled, and proved to all that the depth of talent in the nation's midfield pool is broad, and bursting with vitality. Makes the third midfielder representing the nation in Mytannion.

#9 - ST - Timo Skye - Age 28 - Juvillian Martinax (Erathore)
The nation's leading goalscorer, there isn't much that can be said about the enigmatic Skye that hasn't already been said. A classic central striker, his unswerving accuracy and nimble off-ball movement has tormented defences around the world. His temper, ego, and opinions can often get him into trouble, but he is the first name on the team sheet every time. Since returning from injury, has been in lightning form, even in the disappointing CoH campaign.

#10 - ST - Henning Blonqvist - Age 26 - East Franz Athletic
Although playing for fierce rival clubs whilst Skye was still in the Federation League, Blonqvist and Skye are an uncannily good strike partnership. COming back from injury, and has been given the Brotherhood Cup to prove himself for the Copa Rushmori.

#11 - DMC - Vladimir Golubev - Age 28 - RSK Longyearbyen Town
With Hauge representing the country in the DBC, Golubev is free to return from injury and take back the number 11 defensive midfield position. Plays for his childhood club and has reportedly turned down big money moves to bigger clubs every summer for the past 5 years. An absolute rock in the centre of the park.

#12 - GK - Atle Andreasson - Age 32 - SK Franz Josef City
Reliable and experienced, SK keeper Atle is a solid backup goalkeeper and rarely if ever gets injured, though will be upset to see himself behind former SK understudy Gammel in the pecking order.

#13 - GK - Mathias Marek - Age 26 - Jan Mayen Islanders
Younger brother of captain Niko, penalty shoot-out specialist Mathias was the hero of the Burchadinger Cup, coming on to both score and save penalties as a last minute substitution.

#14 - ML - Vasily Kasanov - Age 25 - Athletic Khaldoon (Queer Poco el Mono Ara)
A return to the squad plans for wingers means Kasanov is the first name on the lips. Fast, direct, accurate, and lethal on his day, Khaldoon has moved to the Pocoan league to try and bring some flair to his game, and will look to re-establish himself for a manager who rarely plays forward wingers.

#15 - MR - Miroslav Bardsen - Age 31 - FC1. Surtsey Island Rovers
Getting on a bit now, Bardsen's legs don't quite have the speed they used to. Nonetheless, his immense experience and work ethic means he can put the ball on a sixpence from just about anywhere you ask him to. Might now be able to skin players like he used to, but can still cross the ball like few others can.

#16 - DR - Kiki Hartmann - Age 27 - Jan Mayen Islanders
Solid and well built, Hartmann is a solid call up and in the eyes of many should have been done so a long time ago. In jealous of his teammates' foreign adventures, and is putting himself in the shop window here today.

#17 - ST - Havlock Thompson - Age 30 - FC Cape St Paul
With Mackenzie's decision to represent Bleak Rock, there has opened up a spot in the squad for his 30-year-old St Paul strike partner, Havlock Thompson. Uncapped so far, but always causes trouble for defenders despite his age, knowing every trick in the book as he does.

#18 - ST - Amadeus Irndtor - Age 22 - SK Franz Josef City
Falling into an unwanted limbo between being too young to impose himself properly on the national team but too old for the DBC U-21s squad, Irndtor will also look to the departure of Ackermann-Finn after just one season to finally take his spot up front for SK. Fast, tall, and full of tricks, he will pose a serious threat from the bench if given the chance.

#19 - MR - Steffan Hastings - Age 25 - Jan Mayen Islanders
Scored the only goal for the Islanders in their Ides of March defeat at the end of last season, Hastings plays a fast attacking game and can often be found causing trouble for the defence and acting as a 3rd wide striker at times. Slips between formation definitions, making him difficult to play against.

#20 - DL - Jon Birk Pettersen - Age 25 - Market Lane (Civil Citizenry)
Didn't deserve to be playing second tier football, and has been snapped up by Market Lane as a result. Could be an important player for the Terns in the future, but is unlikely to play a crucial role here unless de Huyer faces injury or suspension.

#21 - ML - Petter Fjorissen - Age 26 - SK Franz Josef City
Commonly seen bombing down the wing to cross into the box for Ormache in the league, Fjorissen makes his first appearance in a competition squad for the Terns, as Sol shows a willingness to play with wingers once more. Could change a game instantly with his accurate crosses if he gets the game time.

#22 - DC - Svennis Moller - Age 29 - Iturributa United (Astograth)
Recently moved to Astograth to join the team of Petter Bielsen there, Moller already has a clutch of national team caps to his name, and could well show his experience comes in useful from the bench if needed.

#23 - DC - Eduardo Prost - Age 28 - Honeybadgers (FSSO)
Considered in the very first batch of friendlies but not again since until now, Prost's move to FSSO seems to have re-ignited his form and is more than worthy of this call up.

Starting formation for MD1:
------------------- Gammel -------------------
- Nikkel -- McAllister - Marek -- de Huyer -
------- Tir -- Golubev -- Sundstrom -------
----------------- Demarchelier ---------------
------------- Skye -- Blonqvist -------------

Modifier: +1.5

The opponent can...
Choose my goalscorers? Yes
Godmod scoring events? Yes
RP injuries to my players? Yes, within reason, and I reserve the right to change the severity in a follow-up RP
Godmod injuries to my players? Yes, as above
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Yes
Hand out red cards to my players? Only 1 per gams
Godmod other events? TG me first, but I'm always open to ideas
OOC: Currently I'm am involved in three tournaments, the U-21 DBC, the Brotherhood Cup, and the Copa Rushmori. Obviously, IC, I couldn't sustain this level of parallel competitions, so I am ignoring the timeline and making good use of fluid time. Therefore, ICly, and regardless of my progress in any of the competitions, I am treating the Brotherhood Cup and the DBC as running parallel to each other, as squad warmups for the Copa Rushmori, which I'll RP as after the first two competitions. As such, player stats will not appear other than within each tournament independent of the others. Just something for you to consider when RPing against me. Ta.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Darmen National Team Roster
Manager:Georges Thomas
Asst. Manager:Mikael Gibbons

*Starters
GK-Adrian Kok*
GK-Troy Osborne
DEF-Mikael Adan*
DEF-Dustin Nguyen*
DEF-Abdul-Karim Branco*
DEF-Scott Rydzik
DEF-Charm Vue
MID-Luca Cormio*
MID-Danny Beasley*
MID-Zach Preston*(Captain)
MID-Tor Tong Lee*
MID-Jake Gibbons
MID-Aaron Gibbons
FOR-Bryan Faulkner*
FOR-Kenneth Nolan*
FOR-Dan Baker*
FOR-Abraham Gibbons

Formation:3-4-3
Style Modifier:+1
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Manager: Sacha Chrétien (former Contdelapoms manager)
Assistant Manager: Fredrick Howsen
Head Trainer: Dr.Todd Wisocki
Head coach: Leonardo Guatalupe

Mangolana line-up

Goalkeeper: #1 Tim Hedjuk Jr (23yrs old)

Left Back: #12 John Davenport (28yrs old)
Left center #37 Back: Mathew Johnson (31yrs old)
Right center Back: #25 Brent Buckley (21yrs old)
Right Back: #7 Frankie Donaldson (26yrs old)

Left Mid-Defensive Midfielder: #11 John McFadden (28yrs old)
Right Mid-Defensive Midfielder: #10 Tappy Shogun (22yrs old)

Midfielder: #99 JD Fuller (19yrs old)
Midfielder: #66 Allen Fuller (17 yrs old)

Shadow Striker: #13 Jonathan Montgomery (Captain, 33yrs old)
Striker: #30 Jonathan Kamary (35yrs old)

Bench
Forward: #55 Rudy Johnson (29yrs old)
Midfielder: #27 Alex Wesley (25yrs old)
Midfielder: #2 Erik Camelet (22yrs old)
Forward: #4 Eric Donald (27yrs old)
Forward/Wing: #8 Akeem Howard (24yrs old)
LB/CB: #78 David Awada (19yrs old)
CB/RB: #33 Melissa Hogan (36 yrs old)
GK: #5 Shaun Gates (21 yrs old)

style modifier: -1

Player Roles
straight on Freekick: JD Fuller
freekick from angle: Allen Fuller
Penalty: Tappy Shogun
Corner: Allen Fuller

Kits:

Permissions
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Roleplay injuries to my players Y, tg major injuries, i can set return time table
Godmod injuries to my players Y, only if its funny
Hand out red cards to my players Y, but keep it within reason.
Godmod other events N
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Miroslav Irndtor was a hugely proud man. Here he was, sat on a plane across Rushmore once again. Passport well worn, dog-eared round the edges, stamps from all sorts of nations littered its pages. Tucking it back into his top pocket he sat back in his seat and looked forward to the pre-flight chit-chat. A frequent flyer, he usually got bored during the hostesses' talk, often taking the time to read a magazine or write in his diary. But not today, today, he was determined to take everything in.

The vast majority of his trips had come, as this one was, as part of the handling team for Ishmael, the Arctic Tern mascot of the FPI national team. He'd taken that bird everywhere, fed him herring, taught him tricks, and enjoyed every minute of it. As per usual, Ishmael was locked away safely below. Miroslav gave him a couple of sedatives before flights and it settled him right down. Everything was going as usual, according to schedule, and following the well established plan of action that Miroslav and his team always followed. Yes, all in all, there was nothing remarkable about today's plane ride, at least, not on an official basis. So why was Miroslav alive with excitement?

Today marked the first that his son, Amadeus, would be in the same team that his beloved bird would be mascotting. Just yards away from him, standing with Ishmael, would be his son, 22 years old and dying to claim his first caps. Miroslav could still remember taking Amadeus to the social clubs during the mid-winter day times for some exercise and remarking at the power with which he could accurately hit the ball, even at the age of 7. 5 years later, he was moving the family to Franz Josef City to give Amadeus the best chance possible of realising his dream. 10 years after that, he had his big chance. With first team opportunities coming more frequently for SK, Amadeus would have his chance on the bench for the Terns. What's more, his dad, his dear, proud, father, would be there just yards away watching with the largest heart in the world.

He'd even taught Ishmael a few tricks or so to mark the occasion. And, well, you'll see.

"...so please sit back, and enjoy your flight with Polair." finished the voiceover.

'Oh, don't worry,' thought Miroslav as he scarcely concealed an excited fistpump, 'I will do.'
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Virabia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:34 am

((OOC: This makes 1093% more sense for the Copa Rushmori but.... yea. Posting it here ALSO: More rubbish google translate spanish!)

"Júan, Tienes que leer esto?"(Juan, you read this), asked an Espéranto man who had his legs crossed on a park bench in the middle of Navel Island City, one of the places that took Virabi Refugees. He was pointing at an issue of El Nacional, a progressive Virabi Espéranto language opinion publication that is notably supportive of the "ecospansion" efforts

"No", replied Júan, a lighter skinned Espéranto who found it more comfortable to sit with his legs straight.

"¡Oh!", replied the man with crossed legs, "El gobierno está supuestamente en conversaciones con el gobierno Malak sobre el país pasara a ser signatario del Acuerdo de la Confederación." (Oh, the government is in talks with the Malak government about them possibly joining the Confederacy)

"¿Que?", asked Júan, "¿Qué acabas de decir? (What did you say)"

"Sí, algunas mierdas grande va en la parte de Rushmore. Las cosas no son las mismas que eran antes. Incluso leí que el popular Confederadas Rushmore están empezando a referirse a nosotros como el Imperio Virabi.(Yes, some big shit is going down in that part of Rushmore. Things aren't the same. Ooh, it also said that because of a perceived empirical tendencies the CNCR has warned their citizens to cutoff all unnecessicary travel to the 'Virabi Empire)'", said the cross-legged man.

Juan sighed, "Gotta love the government. Islands in a time crisis and their focused on adding more"

"Siempre hay una razón, el hombre, siempre una razón ..." (There's always a reason, man, there's always a reason)"

American Liberal -> Social Democrat -> Right Libertarian -> Democratic Socialist -> Trotskyist -> Eco-Socialist -> Eco-Communist -> Cooperativist

Seleucius
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seleucius » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Elias Varella sat behind his desk, with a folder in his hand, thinking about the first match his team was going to play in this minor cup. This match was against Asograth, the host, a team he had faced before in the Baptism of Fire, though they were not playing with their first team. They played a very structured game, wide and fast, but they had one problem. They played with just one centrel midfilder, openning the posibility of a quick and lethal attack down the middle. Although Varella didn't use this against them in their first encounter, he realized that he could do it now. He decided to encourage Canizzia to attack more, helping Estévez with the rival`s defence. This was a risky move because it left Rattini alone if the ball was stolen, so Varella also decided to order Lazzatti and Di Girolamo to stay back and press the two wide midfilders before they crossed the ball to one of the two strikers. The only drawback of this order was that Palacios and Rojas would have to stay nearer the midfield to recieve the ball, having more chances of losing the ball.
Varella trusted his players, with these tactical decisions the team was more prepared aginst Astograth and the confidence was high. He wanted to start winning something with his national team and he would do anything to achieve this goal.

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Civil Citizenry National Team

Roster
Imaneta Acca Forward ~ #44 ~ 22 years old ~ 15 goals ~ 61 caps ~ Athens Town
Wipilio Aiveds Defender ~ #20 ~ 22 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 6 caps ~ Edge Road
Daloteat Awtitata Midfielder ~ #17 ~ 31 years old ~ 5 goals ~ 56 caps ~ Resolute Storm 1913 FC (Polar Islandstates)
Porlet Bat Kishmaner Forward ~ #22 ~ 27 years old ~ 1 goal ~ 11 caps ~ Westerly Ill
Hellgmao Bobjik Goalkeeper ~ #06 ~ 34 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 12 caps ~ Eastern Chase
Ibheag Charmler Defender ~ #39 ~ 23 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 40 caps ~ North Woodlands
Vomare Eksyama Forward ~ #10 ~ 26 years old ~ 14 goals ~ 61 caps ~ Revolutionaries (FSSO)
Allballca Feoaimu Forward ~ #15 ~ 26 years old ~ 6 goals ~ 61 caps ~ Forest of the West
Puollol Geffnen Midfielder ~ #79 ~ 23 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 25 caps ~ Longgrass
Cleebirg Hamflak Defender ~ #45 ~ 26 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 43 caps ~ Salutin
Zucigel Hasibmal Midfielder ~ #34 ~ 24 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 6 caps ~ Athens Town
Quarnet Huemad Midfielder ~ #02 ~ 29 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 13 caps ~ Chastings
Germtillopagg Oyt Defender ~ #48 ~ 28 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 36 caps ~ High Groth
Elstmahajaja Pitojek Midfielder ~ #09 ~ 23 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 10 caps ~ Baker Fief
Tazz Reppible Midfielder ~ #59 ~ 26 years old ~ 9 goals ~ 61 caps ~ Hospice
Setabang Smifh Midfielder ~ #38 ~ 25 years old ~ 1 goal ~ 26 caps ~ Central Street
Onp Tassl Defender ~ #14 ~ 24 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 43 caps ~ Groundery
Lernngahshtill Umtadfiz Defender ~ #62 ~ 27 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 2 caps ~ Merrilin
Marpio Van Midfielder ~ #61 ~ 34 years old ~ 1 goal ~ 31 caps ~ Hill Lane
Xapoop Welssh Midfielder ~ #23 ~ 30 years old ~ 4 goals ~ 52 caps ~ Eastern Chase
Remmettool Yerkkery Midfielder ~ #52 ~ 28 years old ~ 3 goals ~ 49 caps ~ East Kent
Fanbeth Yheaqup Defender ~ #58 ~ 30 years old ~ 0 goals ~ 29 caps ~ FC Axel Heiburg (Polar Islandstates)

Miscellaneous Information
Skill Modifier -2
Formation 3-4-3
Starters [Left to Right] Forwards: Feoaimu, Acca, Eksyama ~ Midfielders: Yerkkery, Reppible, Awtitata, Welssh ~ Defenders: Hamflak, Tassl, Yheaqup ~ Goalkeeper: Bobjik
Kits
Last edited by Civil Citizenry on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Astograth
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Matchday One Scores

Group A
Astograth 1-2 Seleucius
San Havana 2-1 North Chicanan

Team                  P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 San Havana 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
2 Seleucius 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Astograth 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0
4 North Chicanan 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

Group B
Matting 0-0 Darmen
Ocel0t 2-3 Wadomia

Team           P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Wadomia 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3
2 Matting 1 0 1 0 0 0 +0 1
3 Darmen 1 0 1 0 0 0 +0 1
4 Ocel0t 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0

Group C
Civil Citizenry 0-0 Nzyghistan
Vettrera 3-0 Polar Islandstates

Team                      P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Vettrera 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 Civil Citizenry 1 0 1 0 0 0 +0 1
3 Nzyghistan 1 0 1 0 0 0 +0 1
4 Polar Islandstates 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

Group D
Virabia 1-1 Perahikia
Mangolana 1-2 Erathore

Team             P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Erathore 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
2 Virabia 1 0 1 0 1 1 +0 1
3 Perahikia 1 0 1 0 1 1 +0 1
4 Mangolana 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0
Last edited by Astograth on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Wadomia Sports Headlines

Wadomia Pulls Off Strong Win in Matchday One of Brotherhood Cup

by James Mattfield
Head Writer

Wadomia starts off the competition strong with a win over Ocel0t. Wadomia has entered the first international tournament, and already off to a great start. The final score of the game was Wadomia, 3 and Oclel0t, 2.

"Great game overall. I'm proud of my players," says Head Coach James Gutierrez.

Wadomia ended the first half with a score of 2-1. David Sasser scored of Wadomia's goals. It looked to be close game. About a few minutes later, Ocel0t were able to drive the ball down and make a goal. The game was then 2-2. The pressure was on for both teams after that. As the game was within 3 minutes of ending, the Wadomian Team decided to not take the game in overtime, and to score before it was over.

"This game was truly exciting for me, I never had my heart pumping so much before," say Gutierrez.

At about 2:00 to play, Wadomia was able to get the ball in opponent territory. John Krom was able to avoid a defender, and had a clear shot for a goal, and took that opportunity and scored it.

"I wanted to win so bad, and I knew I needed to do something," says forward John Krom.

We wish Wadomia's football team the best of luck in the competition. Show the world that Wadomia can win this.
National Factbook
Embassy
4th Place:

Nzyghistan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nzyghistan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:32 am

Civil Citizenry 0-0 Nzyghistan

June 9 2011
Nzyghi | English | Spanish
By Emin Kadir

ITURAITZ - The first Group C match in the Brotherhood Cup for the Nzyghistan national team was a tense affair that ended as a goalless draw. Despite multiple close chances for both teams, culminating in a stoppage-time penalty for Civil Citizenry barely saved by Cerkez, no team managed a break-through.

Opening in the first ten minutes with a 30-yard shot by 17-year-old Nzyghistani striker Siavush that curved into the hands of the goalkeeper, the game was box-to-box for the first half-an-hour, with numerous key chances squandered such as Civil Citizenry's free-kick that was tipped onto the bar, falling to the feet of a Citizenry forward whose toe punt was caught by the focused Cerkez. The reminder of the first half, however was bogged down in midfield, neither side able to break through the other's tightened iron curtain of defence.

The second half did not improve much on the monotony of the final moments of the first. Nzyghistan stole the ball clinically and passed it around the defence for a quarter of an hour, toying with the Citizenry front pack who were too eager to run and grab a ball that was always kicked on to a Nzyghistani. Eventually, Citizenry legs tired and Nzyghistan burst into life, piling the ball upfield in a sudden spark that caught Citizenry off-guard. However, Babak Ediz's short finish was too slow and sluggish - it beat the Citizenry goalkeeper only to be cleared literally inches off the white line by a desperate Citizenry defender.

With the 60 minute mark reached, both teams made several substitutes and passed it around their defences. Shahpur, the mastermind of the passing tactic that tired Citizenry's front pack, was frantic on the line as he screamed at his forwards not to chase the ball as Citizenry lobbed it between one another. The few plays made were quickly stolen by the opposite side.

Then again, both teams knew the massive advantage three points would bring. Citizenry, as soon as the referee's whistle went for five added minutes, began a sudden, passing attack that befuddled the Nzyghistani defence. Cerkez beat, a Citizenry midfielder was about to slot the ball into the back of the net, but for a harsh challenge from Hayati Erdem. The referee was furious and sent Erdem off, awarding a penalty to Citizenry.

The tense penalty came to no avail, with a brilliant diving save made by Cerkez that knocked the ball out of play. Despite the loss of a key defender, Nzyghistan sharpened up and defended brilliantly against an onslaught of attack from Citizenry. A cool, calculated clearance by Serhan brought the game to a close.

Among the travelling contingent of Nzyghistanis, there is outrage at the red card - not at the fact it was given, but that Erdem was 'idiotic' enough to commit the foul and at the failures of a Nzyghistani defence that was caught half-asleep.

Nzyghistan manager Muhammed Shahpur said, "We were both unlucky not to score, however it was an entertaining match with numerous chances for us. We were the better team and should've walked away with the three points."

When asked about the red card, Shahpur gave a typical response; "It was not a red card offence."

Fox's Field, Outreach Resort
20 miles east of Ituraitz
Astograth
Friday June 10

I had a few rough glances from the others. It was nothing extreme - I still ate at my normal table and I wasn't shunned from the pool tournament last night. But you could tell what the hushed murmurs were about. The account for ourselves had been soiled last night by it.

It was my first sending-off for all the time I'd played the game. Dragutin could save penalties. We had all failed at defending our goal - we were too far in a rut to do anything. He was going to score; it was as clear as water. I sacrificed myself and my reputation for a point. I was stupid.

I walked out with my head toward the ground. It was a misty morning, the dew still on the grass for our training session.

Somebody grabbed my shoulder. I turned around. It was Shahpur.

"Look up," he said. "You have no reason to be ashamed."

I did as he said. The manager carried on to the gathering of the others. Only when I joined them, did he began.

"We all knew what happened last night," he said to us, "It was tight and we are all at fault. But we cannot let it divide us."

He leant into us, slowly turning his head, locking gazes with all of us, "We will not win this if let a few mistakes and missed chances draw us apart. We are a unit, and units stick together."

"It was the first match. We still have three more to play. Nothing has been won yet - do you understand me? This is still ours. This cup is still ours."

"We can win this."
"Nothing is certain but death."

"You are defenders of a doomed world. Flee here and perhaps you will prolong your pathetic lives."

Astograth
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Cheru Larretape looked up at the stands. Bright blue, that merged with that of the clear noon sky. In a few hours, as the sun descended into the horizon, they would start to fill up with more green than the arena had ever seen, never having hosted the national team before. Always losing out to the larger, more traditional Grand Duke's, Knights' Stadium was dear to Larretape. As a child he'd been taken by his father to see Royal Rumiatzi play the likes of South Factory, Army Club, the forgotten Rumiatzi United and the hated Athletic. Like his father before him, he'd grown up seeing his heroes clad in white and dark blue.

He remembered the first time he'd stepped on the turf, when he was but 7 years old and got to take a photo with the players, a picture that was still amongst his most prized possessions. It'd be almost a decade before he played on it, as part of the youth league final against Athletic. When it went to penalties he stopped three, winning it for his team and earning a promotion to the first team the next season. Once there it was only a matter of time before he ousted the venerable Garoa Larzondo from goal at the tender age of 19. Since then, he'd won a league title, earned 6 caps, faced some of the best players in the world...fended off some of the best strikers in the world.

One little thing stung his pride, though. 6 caps weren't many. Aira had 50. Moreover, he'd conceded 14 goals in those six matches, and he'd been in goal for the joint-worst loss in their short history: a 4-0 pounding by Jeruselem. What hurt the most, though, was that he'd never won playing for Astograth. He'd sort it out this time, playing in what was, by all rights, his stadium. The opponents were Seleucius, which he'd faced before in the Baptism of Fire. A 1-1 draw that helped nobody was the result last time, and Larretape was confident they could win this time. With this grand stage painted green just for the occasion, what could go wrong?

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm

"I'm telling you, you've got the wrong guy. I don't know anything about naval architecture."

"Well, Jon Dahl this isn't strictly naval architecture."

"Well, whatever. It floats, doesn't it? It's a port. Seaplanes, boats, helipads. Passengers. Freight. It all floats and its not on the land. I don't know about any type of architecture, floating or otherwise. I'm just a ferryman. I take my boat, I sail to the plane, I help the Virabi refugees off the plane, I take them to Camp Helligdommen, I go home. That's my life. That's what I know. I don't know what your fancy blueprints mean."

"Well, there isn't really a Camp Helligdommen to speak of since the landslide, we just wanted some input on the designs for the parts you're going to be using."

"Well, it looks okay I guess. Slick. Nice. Modern. Whatever. I'm just a ferryman, guys. The plans for the town look good though. Everything looks nice, modern, comfortable, space to expand, makes use of the place nicely, accounts for further landslides."

"Right. Well. So you've got no strong ideas either way?"

"Eh, not really. Go for it."

"Awesome, well, Jon Dahl, thanks for your input regardless."

"You're welcome. Have a good day."

"You too."

And with that, the town planners left. Jon Dahl had seen plenty of Virabi since he started this job, and plenty of Sakhalin locals. But he couldn't place those planners for the life of him. They didn't look Virabi. They didn't look like anyone he'd ever seen living in the Federation either. He shrugged, and got back to cleaning his ropes. As long as there was space for him and Old Bertha, he was going to be happy. The future was looking up for Camp Helligdommen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lars Hegg Gammel held his head in his hands.

That was an abject performance.

From the whole team. 3-0. A 3-0 defeat to Vettrera. No offence to them but the Terns had been expected to defeat them fairly comfortably. But instead he'd blown it.

Yeah, the team hadn't played well. And perhaps he shouldn't have been put in those positions, but the two goals he fumbled? He held his head in his hands and sighed. Maybe that was it. Maybe he'd blown it. That, for all he knew, was his chance to impress Sol. And he'd blown it. That first shot had squirmed underneath him, and he mis-caught the other. They'd played much better in the second half but still fell to a counter-attack that even Gammel couldn't have done much about it.

The next game was against Civil Citizenry as well. They currently held a 100% record against the Terns. Something that they had been all fired up to try and fix. Of course, with their own draw with Nzyghistan they had left the group wide open still, something that Lars could only be happy about. Mind you, Nzyghistan hardly looked like they'd be any form of pushover. No, the Terns had blown arguably their 'easiest' match, and Lars fully expected to get ripped in the press about it. Times would be tough, and this was hardly going to get the press off their back. They'd fallen on a series of average performances since the conclusion of the world cup qualifiers, and things had to change. Sol needed a new idea or something, or Lars needed to buck his ideas up. Something like that.

Lars turned off the light, and tried to put the fumbles out of his head. Bedtime.
He/Him/His

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Darmen draws Opener

The Darmen National Soccer Team drew in the first game of the Brotherhood Cup hosted in Astograth. The score of the game was 0-0, and the opponent was Matting.

The Darmen National Team now improves, sort of, their all-time record to 5-6-2. With a good showing in the Brotherhood Cup, Darmen could show the world that they are ready for the World Cup, and will look to add a few names to the roster before the start of the Baptism of Fire. Darmen Manager Georges Thomas said that he was looking at adding at least three players of the U-21 team to the National Team.

So far Darmen's performance in the Brotherhood Cup hasn't suprised anyone. It can be described easily, Mediocre. If Darmen is able to win it's remaining games versus Ocel0t and Wadomia, and do well enough to win in the quarterfinals, Darmen could easily be viewed as one of the favorites to make it quite far in the Baptism of Fire. Darmen has never played Ocel0t or Wadomia, but Georges Thomas believes that the level of play in Darmen is much higher than the level of play in Ocel0t or Wadomia. "We can win easily," he says.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Virabia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 pm

The plane made a splash as it touched down in the rough seas. Inacayal stood up and stretched his legs in the illuminated cabin, reaching to the overhead compartment to grab his jacket. Even though he had gone through intense physical therapy to re acclimate him to walking, he collapsed back to his seat. He was not prepared for the rock of the sea.

"You ok?", asked a new settler of the island who was on his first flight to Soroya.

"Oh", replied Inacayal, "I'm fine. Just not used to the rough seas"

Once again, Inacayal gathered the strength in his legs and stood up. This time he didn't fall down and he was able to grab his coat. He then slowly made his way through the aisle grabbing onto the seats for support. Once Inacayal stuck his head out of the door he felt the cold air hit him. It was even cold compared to what he had experienced six months prior, which, in comparison seemed rather nice. Thankful that he had a thick coat to protect him, he walked one step of the time off of the plane and onto the ferry which would take him and the other passengers to the island. Since he was one of the last to board, the boat started soon afterwards.

During the ride, Inacayal thought of the many things that he observed were different from the last time he was at the island. Unlike last time, where the island was experiencing the midnight sun, Soroya was now in the middle of polar night and the top arch of the sun could only be seen if he concentrated real hard on the southern sky. Thus the island was trapped and near eternal twilight. In a strange way this sort of look appealed to Inacayal. The unique angle of the sun cast an interesting light upon the seas and the plane, island and refugee camp looked quite pure and beautiful in a way that only the light of dawn can bring out.

Inacayal also thought about how the town could have developed since the landslide. He knew it probably set them off by more than a month but, from the little he'd seen things looked like they improved. Unlike before, the boat was now that took people from the boat to the island was now fully enclosed. He also figured that some of the importaint structures within the town would be well under their way to completion if not complete. From his shaky memory, he remembered that there were plans for some greenhouses to be built so if anything were to be completed it would be those. Or perhaps the windmills which were to be placed atop the cliffs that surrounded the camp.

Another thing Inacayal wondered about was if the religious nuts which plagued the town in the early days were still around. He had hoped they weren't but he knows the type of people they usually are. The type that constantly nags you and never goes away. The kind which revieved no attention in school and now wanted nothing more than someone to look at them. He knew these type of people very well for he had been surrounded by them most of his life.

While one may not think it, footballers often fall into this category as well. They play their best day in and day out. Why? For glory, money, a spot on the team but, moreso than anything it was for attention. Almost every footballer that Inacayal knew, especially those from outside Virabia, wanted someone, anyone to pay attention to them. Even Inacayal was like this at one point. He'd work day in and day out on the training ground for Portsham City so that he could be the best. So that someone would pay attention.

Inacayal sighed. Everytime he began to reminiss about his footballing career he began to get depressed. It was something he thought he would be able to leave behind but, almost everyone recognises him and even when left entirely alone his mind would jump to it.

So, instead of thinking anymore, Inacayal simply shut off his thoughts and cocked his head torward the window and took in the sights and sounds around him. He resolved once more to let come to him what may.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports