NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:Who went through?

Standings are being edited into last nights Match Day right now. I'll make a next post later pasting the final group stage results along with the seedings.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Final standings are up along with the announced seeds and match ups. Congrats to all that made it into the knockout stage. Post-Group friendlies are tomorrow, and the Round of 16 is this Monday. Don't forget to rp and once again good luck to all.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Thought it would be a good idea to post an rp example after all I'm facing Swartaz. I'll like to note though that everything I said in the everything thread was IC, not that any of it was criticism. But I don't want to get the wrong word out.

Good luck to everyone though tomorrow.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:23 am

When's the next RUWC18?

Kulverint
Minister

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:44 am

Cyborg Holland wrote:When's the next RUWC18?

We'll hope to be getting one up soon.

Of course, considering our current president has CTE'd, & I haven't seen Krytenia/Logria around for a while, I guess that makes me effective president for the time being.
Last edited by Kulverint on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:19 am

How Soon?

Kulverint
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 am

Cyborg Holland wrote:How Soon?

Well, I'd like to give everyone at least a week's break after the final of the sevens world cup (taking place today), and then I'll open signups.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 am

Kulverint wrote:Of course, considering our current president has CTE'd

That's news.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Kulverint
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:16 am

Sorthern Northland wrote:
Kulverint wrote:Of course, considering our current president has CTE'd

That's news.

To be fair, you haven't posted anywhere (at least that I've seen) in about 4 weeks!

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 am

To be fair you've clearly forgotten this and not bothered to check your claims.

Sorthern Northland wrote:I can keep this account going until the end of my term for administrative purposes. As I'd be most likely to have my new nation involved in at least one form of rugby I'll still be involved. As the first vice-president Logria would be first in line to organise any such election as well.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Kulverint
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:01 am

Sorthern Northland wrote:To be fair you've clearly forgotten this and not bothered to check your claims.

Sorthern Northland wrote:I can keep this account going until the end of my term for administrative purposes. As I'd be most likely to have my new nation involved in at least one form of rugby I'll still be involved. As the first vice-president Logria would be first in line to organise any such election as well.

Ah yes, I remember now. I thought you'd completely gone, though.

Interestingly, did we ever define how long a "term" was?

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:03 am

Yes, that's covered in the NS Rugby Board Governing Document, which is in the OP.
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 am

When is the union world cup scheduled? I would like to start a junior (under 20) world cup (union) before hand if possible.
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Kulverint
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:34 am

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:When is the union world cup scheduled? I would like to start a junior (under 20) world cup (union) before hand if possible.

The problem, Kiaser, is that we've already got a 3-tournament rota going on. You're fine, certainly, to start your own "unofficial junior RWC," but I plan on getting signups for RWC 18 open by the end of the year, probably in about a week, as its been nearly 6 months since the last one.

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:03 am

I don't see the need for the rush to open sign ups so soon, and would also point out that as the second vice-president it's not actually your place to even open them.

For what it's worth I'd leave time for people to make their way back from the Christmas and New Year period before opening sign-ups around a week or so into the new year.
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

Kulverint
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:48 am

Ancharmunn wrote:I don't see the need for the rush to open sign ups so soon, and would also point out that as the second vice-president it's not actually your place to even open them.

For what it's worth I'd leave time for people to make their way back from the Christmas and New Year period before opening sign-ups around a week or so into the new year.

Is this Sorth's new account? :eyebrow:

It does seem to make sense that we wait until after new year to open signups, but surely a junior RWC would have to be independent of the cycle? As it is we've had 6 months between Union world cups, and I'd like to get one going pretty soon.

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:20 am

Kulverint wrote:Is this Sorth's new account? :eyebrow:

It is.

As a separate entity I suppose a junior RWC could be whenever those running it choose to do it. As the NSRB president I would however suggest to The Kiaser Colonies looks to run it at a separate time to the Rugby World Cup.

I must admit I hadn't realised that it had been so long since the previous union tournament, and I can understand the frustration at the long gap, particularly for those whose keenest interest lies in that code. Rugby has always had long gaps between tournaments on NS, and for the individual codes the three code NSRB calendar we now have hardly helps.

Kulverint
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:55 am

Ancharmunn wrote:
Kulverint wrote:Is this Sorth's new account? :eyebrow:

It is.

As a separate entity I suppose a junior RWC could be whenever those running it choose to do it. As the NSRB president I would however suggest to The Kiaser Colonies looks to run it at a separate time to the Rugby World Cup.

I must admit I hadn't realised that it had been so long since the previous union tournament, and I can understand the frustration at the long gap, particularly for those whose keenest interest lies in that code. Rugby has always had long gaps between tournaments on NS, and for the individual codes the three code NSRB calendar we now have hardly helps.

Yes, indeed. I'm not so interested in league, and have only a passing interest in Sevens, so it has been a while for me.

Which reminds me, despite a complete lack of previous experience, Western Cuba managed to host very clinically and effectively the first ever R7WC, and I would like to congratulate him thus.

Does anyone know how to do the rankings for sevens, though?

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 am

I'm really looking forward to a union tournament, we haven't had one since six months ago.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Okay, this is coming from an American who knows next to nothing about rugby:

I'm thinking about creating the Carmadin Rugby Association. Can someone please guide me on team names (Are they like football, with FC so-and-so, and city names like Barcelona, or like so-and-so Bears, so-and-so Cardinals?, whatever), structure (do leagues have divisions, playoffs, promotion and relegation, domestic cups), International competition (is there a champion's league?), code (Union, or League? Or both?)

I sound like such a n00b, but i really would like some answers. Thanks! :)
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Triimoria
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Triimoria » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:46 pm

After that great tournament, (the sevens) I might just host my own one! If I can work out how to use xkoranate...
8th in Market Cup 4, 3rd in Market Cup 5, Paradisian Cup 1 Football Quarter-Finalist
Round of 16 in R7WC1
Zackendel Challenge Cup 1 Winner
Triimorian Universities: ClearCola Classic Bowl Winners

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Carmadin wrote:Okay, this is coming from an American who knows next to nothing about rugby:

I'm thinking about creating the Carmadin Rugby Association. Can someone please guide me on team names (Are they like football, with FC so-and-so, and city names like Barcelona, or like so-and-so Bears, so-and-so Cardinals?, whatever), structure (do leagues have divisions, playoffs, promotion and relegation, domestic cups), International competition (is there a champion's league?), code (Union, or League? Or both?)

I sound like such a n00b, but i really would like some answers. Thanks! :)

It obviously changes from league to union, and generally speaking the league code is more american-football-y with its names, and the union code is more association-football-y. League structure can be however you want it. Never mix union teams with league teams, though that should go without saying. And I run the Barsteeg Championship at the moment, which is like the champions league for rugby union teams. The details of that can be found in the domestic rugby thread, otherwise wikipedia should answer all your questions.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Alright, thank you! :)
*scurries off to make CRA*
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:00 am

I'll like to thank Kulverint for the congrats and I'm pleased that you thought the Sevens tournament was great Triimora. My goal of hosting the tournament was to make it a successful one and well I guess I completed that. But I'll like to thank everyone who posted a roster and roleplayed throughout the tournament. Couldn't of made the tournament great without all of you guys.

Everybody happy holidays. I'll see you all in a few days, and hopefully at the NS Rugby World Cup when ever it comes up.
Last edited by Western cuba on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:06 pm

As I said on the IC thread, congratulations to KK............... And, thanks a lot to Western Cuba for such a GREAT tournament.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports