NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:55 am

Does anyone know if Paradystopia was planning on coming back?

I think starting a new OOC thread that is easier to update is logical and I support that. Being able to nominate a non-NSRB member for an executive spot is not logical.

I nominate Saugeais for League Vp (NSRB Prez) and Ko-oren for Union VP.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:34 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Does anyone know if Paradystopia was planning on coming back?

I think starting a new OOC thread that is easier to update is logical and I support that. Being able to nominate a non-NSRB member for an executive spot is not logical.

I nominate Saugeais for League Vp (NSRB Prez) and Ko-oren for Union VP.

I have a TG in my inbox from Para from several months ago, which seemed to imply that he wouldn't be standing again for nomination. His RL life had become a lot busier I believe, which explains the considerable drop off of output from him in recent months, leading to his CTE.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:<snip>

<snip>

It's not logical, but IIRC there is precedent.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Cata Larga
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cata Larga » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm

I'd like to nominate Saugeais for League VP and Neu Engollon for Union VP.

I'd also be supportive of a new OOC thread. I'd rather not have a thread with an absent OP.
The Confederated Free Cities and Departments of the Catalarguense Commonwealth
“Invikta" - "Unconquered"
Capital: Puerte-de-Liberete | Largest City: Kapa-Trinieta | Population: 97,370,679
Quotes
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:>jesus: the secret muslim
Constaniana wrote:No, you see, when a football player is good enough, they start getting funny, but natural, urges. Urges that tell them to mark their dominance over other players by sinking their teeth into their flesh.
Storefronts
None worth mentioning

Alliances
None

Current Foreign Involvements
None

Miscellany
The Litorean Catholic Church recognizes the authority of the Roman Curia

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:18 am

I appreciate the nominations, but I don't think you want someone who only periodically checks the site nowadays. Therefore, I opt to reject any nomination for me to either code of rugby. Thank you.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:36 am

I'd like to nominate Neu Engollon for League VP and Polar Islandstates for Union VP
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 am

Polar Islandstates wrote:

I think it's time to admit defeat with this.

Basically, those of you who go on irc and were there for my attempts to post a domestic soccer league on time will know that my laptop refuses to open xkoranate at the moment except under incredibly precise circumstances that involve attempting and failing to do a system restore, and re-downloading the program. Otherwise, the .exe file appears in task manager as a runing process using up considerable amounts of CPU, but the program itself stubbornly refuses to run.

Now, I don't mind doing this once a month or so for my domestic leagues, but for a commitment such as this it strikes me as a little unfair to the rest of you. The CdC I used nsfs for, so that's fine. It's just Seasogs.

Given that today I discovered last.fm also suffers from this mysterious .exe CPU usage issue despite not running, I think it's time to start looking at new laptops. Clearly, I have some sort of bizarrely buggered item that won't let me do a system restore, and my fan runs like billy-o whenever it's on these days anyway. Also the keyboard is knackered.

So, until such time as I get a new laptop and things return to normal, I'm looking for an experienced volunteer to do future editions of Seasogs on a temporary basis. I can send you the ranks and talk you through the system/method I use(d).

I'll still do this edition, at some point when I can get xkoranate to boot up, but future editions won't run unless I get a volunteer. (Or, if people want, I can open and close signups as usual and just run the competitions themselves as a backlog when I'm back up and running.)

Re-posting this here for PIS.

Sorry about your troubles with the laptop, PIS. Ours is on its final stages, too, and we've had to replace 2 hard drives on it already.

I can fill in when necessary. I should be a very last resort alternate.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:16 pm

The camel's back has been broken, and I've ordered another laptop. It'll be with me by the end of the week - start of next one at the latest. So, rather than messing around, let's just accept the delays on this edition and I'll carry on as host. Thanks to those that offered, and I'll bear you in mind in emergencies.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Crisis averted. Seasogs scorer returns triumphant. Sort of.

I will accept the nomination of Union VP (Overall NSRB VP).
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:39 am

So, um...how we doing on Seasogs scoring progress? Soon, I hope. Also, is IRLCC just done?
My Factbook

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:51 am

So... this nomination thing didn't really work out, huh?

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:13 am

Jeckland wrote:So... this nomination thing didn't really work out, huh?

Sorry, was gonna post yesterday when sorting out the host bid for the RLWC, I'll post later on when I have more time.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Apox wrote:Sorry, was gonna post yesterday when sorting out the host bid for the RLWC, I'll post later on when I have more time.

In unofficial capacity, is there anything I can do to help with any NSRB stuff? Other than be patient, of course.
My Factbook

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Apox wrote:
Jeckland wrote:So... this nomination thing didn't really work out, huh?

Sorry, was gonna post yesterday when sorting out the host bid for the RLWC, I'll post later on when I have more time.

What I meant was that only one nomination has been accpeted :)

Take your time Apox, since you're running the bid for this one there's no time pressure.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:43 pm

I think a lot of folks are bogged down with RL, either school or work or both. I honestly had to deliberate on whether I would be able to devote the time deserved to NSRB on top of an increased workload and other NS commitments.
My Factbook

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Right, so, from what I can gather (with the deadline having gone flying by), is that Neu Engollon has accepted the nomination for Union VP and we have yet to have a candidate for the League VP (overall Prez).

What I'll do, is leave nominations open until we either get a nomination for the League spot, or the League WC ends, at which point, I'll start pushing this again.

And whilst I'm logged onto this account, I'll go ahead and create a new discussion thread, so the OP can be updated and such, and the constitution more easily amended if required. It'll be a bit empty for the minute, but I'll edit in the leagues and constitution over the next few days.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports