NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:49 am

Well done, you did a better job than I could have.

EDIT: 1,000th post. I feel honoured
Last edited by Jeckland on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Arab County
Attaché

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arab County » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:56 am

Can I ask something?
When's the next rugby world cup start?
Last edited by Arab County on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am 16 years old ,I am Malay
Last place in group C in the Baptism of Fire.
NS Air Hockey League Champions(Curtis Alexio Al-Buban)

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:00 am

Arab County wrote:Can I ask something?

Rugby League World Cup will begin when the appropriate vice-president (Paradystopia) gets on it.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Arab County
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Arab County » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 am

Saugeais wrote:

Rugby League World Cup will begin when the appropriate vice-president (Paradystopia) gets on it.

Ok thank you.

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:16 am

Towards the end of the next WC cycle sign-ups and host bidding will open.
Rough estimate: Late-March/Early-April.
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Arab County
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Arab County » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:53 am

Paradystopia wrote:

Towards the end of the next WC cycle sign-ups and host bidding will open.
Rough estimate: Late-March/Early-April.

Like WWE's Wrestlemania.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:08 am

Many congratulations to Lyra of Ko-oren on their second Seasogs win!
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:Many congratulations to Lyra of Ko-oren on their second Seasogs win!

Thanks! That marks the Ko-orenite domination in Rugby: Seasogs, IRLCC and RUWC! Rest of the Multiverse, are you even trying?

All in jest, of course...
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Commune-PDTv2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Commune-PDTv2 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Ko-oren wrote:Thanks! That marks the Ko-orenite domination in Rugby: Seasogs, IRLCC and RUWC! Rest of the Multiverse, are you even trying?
I HATE YOU!

Ko-oren wrote:All in jest, of course...
ditto, of course ...

... but seriously, please stop ...

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:21 am

For anyone wondering why there's no cut-off announced for the IRLCC yet, no I haven't forgotten about it, I just have a tricky period of RL approaching. After the 21st/22nd, I cannot say when I'll be able to get online with scorination capabilities next.

Regarding the Rugby League World Cup, sign-ups will be opening in the next few days and Apox has agreed to keep an eye on proceedings for me.
Edit: NM ... see here
Last edited by Paradystopia on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:42 am

Did some looking and found out that 7s was officially dropped from the NSRB's list of sanctioned events. Just wondering about the rationale.

Also, would like to gauge interest in an unofficial (non-NSRB) 7s tournament.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:41 am

Nova Anglicana wrote:Did some looking and found out that 7s was officially dropped from the NSRB's list of sanctioned events. Just wondering about the rationale.

Also, would like to gauge interest in an unofficial (non-NSRB) 7s tournament.

The 7's WC was dropped due to low interest, or at least the lowest interest out of all the codes. There were a lot of complaints that the cycling time between the different code WCs was too long (Union and League). So, in order to speed up the cycle, 7's were voted out by all eligible members.

However, you can host your own tournament (non-NSRB) anytime. I would definitely be up for a 7's tournament, although with the League WC about to start the timing is a little awkward, so I would be more inclined if it came right on the heels of the RLWC #13. Others might agree.

Also, curious, is anyone interested sometime in doing more domestic club exhibition play, outside of Seasogs, where we actually RP the teams? Some friendlies maybe? This could be for League/IRLCC teams too, but I was sort of preferential to Union domestics right now. I would be willing to host it in NE, under the AVRU.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:04 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Also, curious, is anyone interested sometime in doing more domestic club exhibition play, outside of Seasogs, where we actually RP the teams? Some friendlies maybe? This could be for League/IRLCC teams too, but I was sort of preferential to Union domestics right now. I would be willing to host it in NE, under the AVRU.

Interested! Is there any format you're thinking of, or just one-off games?
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:15 am

Ko-oren wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:Also, curious, is anyone interested sometime in doing more domestic club exhibition play, outside of Seasogs, where we actually RP the teams? Some friendlies maybe? This could be for League/IRLCC teams too, but I was sort of preferential to Union domestics right now. I would be willing to host it in NE, under the AVRU.

Interested! Is there any format you're thinking of, or just one-off games?

Hadn't hashed it out quite yet, but if there's enough interest, possibly a full tourney with groups, only one domestic team from each nation in each group. Similar to Seasogs, and I would probably use those rankings to set skill level, but of course the results of this wouldn't apply to future rankings. I will probably seek more advice on organizing and scoring from my good friend and master scorinator, Buyan/SV, but I would probably do the typical RU on Xkoranate/Footba11er for the scorinator. I'm pretty open to suggestions and just spitballin' here.

If interest is pretty low, though, this may just be one off friendlies, after all. We'll see.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:47 am

Apox, Uitbregen, Licentian Isles, PIS, Glorious Commune, Buyan, Ko-oren, Darmen, Nova Anglicana and anyone else I may have forgot:

Apparently I need stamps to send out a mass TG now, so I will just post here and ask that everyone I just listed involved with my latest domestic rugby union (AVRU) trades and transfers please look when you have a chance. I added two club rosters to accommodate the great response I got for players - thanks again for that! - and also switched up a few of the players from where I had originally said they would be, in order to spread the load out of foreign players more evenly. If you see anything that I might have messed up, please let me know. I plan on doing a newspaper press release soon to announce it officially, but I want to make sure I got it right first.

Anyone else that would like to do some trades or transfers from your domestic union clubs, I have a few spots left and may create more rosters to eventually cover the whole AVRU, so shoot me a TG and we'll talk.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Speaking of which, there hasn't been a post in the RLWC for six days, and no ones put forth a bid so far. Does anyone have plans to do so, so that we can get this thing going again. I suppose I could host it again, but I'd rather not do it twice in a row.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Darmen wrote:Speaking of which, there hasn't been a post in the RLWC for six days, and no ones put forth a bid so far. Does anyone have plans to do so, so that we can get this thing going again. I suppose I could host it again, but I'd rather not do it twice in a row.

I can host if it's absolutely needed my life is a bit hectic right now but I might be able to find time
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:39 am

The Fair Republic wrote:I can host if it's absolutely needed my life is a bit hectic right now but I might be able to find time
Darmen wrote:Speaking of which, there hasn't been a post in the RLWC for six days, and no ones put forth a bid so far. Does anyone have plans to do so, so that we can get this thing going again. I suppose I could host it again, but I'd rather not do it twice in a row.
Gonna give the thread an official 'bump' shortly. Maybe someone will come forward ...
If not, I'm not sure. I'd happily host if I wasn't in a situation where it's impossible for me to currently do so. It has been noted that there are two potentials 'if absolutely necessary' hosts.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:43 am

Did someone say host? Ummm... lemme get back to you.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Menukten
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Menukten » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Nassau-Hessen and I are working on a host bid as well.
We are a sad, sad people
The Community of Menukten, also known as The Land of the Rainbow
Sally Long-Fire, Chief Mourner
Home of Jesterball!
HWC 12 Rof16
WLC 18 Rof16
Firestorm Cup VII Silver- MC Yardley
Squonkwire

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:13 pm

We have a host bid! NSRB lets get the voting done within a dayy or two so we can get up and rolling in a timely manner.
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

The Fair Republic wrote:We have a host bid! NSRB lets get the voting done within a dayy or two so we can get up and rolling in a timely manner.

That's not exactly how it works.
Слава Україні!

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Liventia wrote:
The Fair Republic wrote:We have a host bid! NSRB lets get the voting done within a dayy or two so we can get up and rolling in a timely manner.

That's not exactly how it works.

I know I was exaggerating I meant to say is that let's get the voting process started quickly
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Noburu Taiyou
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noburu Taiyou » Thu May 01, 2014 4:45 am

NS Rugby Board Governing Document

The NS Rugby Board (hereafter NSRB) governs the World Cups of rugby union, rugby league, and rugby sevens in NS Sports.

Membership of the NSRB and of its Union Section, League Section, or Sevens Section is granted to all nations that posted a roster in the last completed Rugby World Cup (RWC), Rugby League World Cup (RLWC), or Rugby Sevens World Cup (R7WC) respectively. (The Rugby Sevens Series International is treated as the first R7WC.) A single player controlling two or more NSRB member nations may only vote through one of them on any given question.

The NSRB as a whole select the hosts of each RWC, RLWC, and R7WC. The NSRB Sections also elect a Vice President periodically, after a cycle of four or more World Cups including at least one of each of the three types has been completed. All NSRB members entered into the tournament may vote on host bids, but only the members of a Section may vote for that section's Vice President.

Unless it has changed (and I cannot find a newer version), that's what the Constitution has to say about host voting. The only references to an "Executive Council" refer to section VPs.

Since Sevens was informally eliminated, unless the Constitution has been amended, anybody who posted a roster in the last League World Cup or last Union World Cup would be eligible, except bidding parties (who are barred from voting by a part I left unquoted from the thread OP).
Last edited by Noburu Taiyou on Thu May 01, 2014 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Now fully independent former Esportivan colony of the Federation of Free Republics

Menukten
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Menukten » Thu May 01, 2014 7:49 am

Sangti wrote:
Any affected parties can make complaints to the GHR, and since the OP explicitly stated that puppets must be declared, then it is possible.

EDIT: I think discussions regarding this should be now directed at the discussion thread.

Regarding the possible puppet infiltration of RLWC 13, I was under the impression that only the event hosts could request a puppet vetting.

As per Archregimancy's post in Guide to Sports Roleplaying:

Where an event host suspects that a puppet has signed up in breach of event rules, the event host may ask a member of the moderation team to check whether that nation is indeed a puppet (if a moderator is an event host, he or she will ask another member of the moderation team to do this in order to avoid any conflict of interest).
Last edited by Menukten on Thu May 01, 2014 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
We are a sad, sad people
The Community of Menukten, also known as The Land of the Rainbow
Sally Long-Fire, Chief Mourner
Home of Jesterball!
HWC 12 Rof16
WLC 18 Rof16
Firestorm Cup VII Silver- MC Yardley
Squonkwire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports