NATION

PASSWORD

The Official Q&A WC55 Host Bid

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

The Official Q&A WC55 Host Bid

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Q: Exactly who are these potential hosts? And what gives them the right to host World Cup 55?

A: The potential hosts are Andossa Se Mitrin Vega and Qazox, both established nations in the World Cup and known by all, for good or not, throughout the NS Sporting Community.

ASMV has played host to several editions of his own Draggonnii Inviyattii, The Baptism of Fire 17, and World Bowl XII, the latter being every bit as prestigious tournament as the usual prerequisite tournament - the Cup of Harmony.

Qazox has played host to numerous events as well, such as the World Baseball Classic(I, IV, V, X. and XIII), World Cup of Hockey (VII and XIV), World Bowl (IV and IX), Baptism of Iron III, NSCAA Tourney II, and more. Enough said.

Q: What format would be used for World Cup 55 and why?

A: We would use the two-tiered format set forth and used successfully for World Cup 54 by TBI and Cass. The vast majority of feedback for this system was positive and we feel that there are numerous nations who would like to see this system again.

The exact format would be a zonal qualification phase consisting of 20 group with x number of nations per group playing home and away fixtures(all groups need not be equal) with the top three sides from each group advancing to the interzonal phase. The Interzonal qualification phase would consist of 10 groups of six nations, also playing home and away fixtures, with the top three sides from each group advancing to join ASMV and Qazox for the World Cup itself.

Tiebreakers used would be, in this order, H2H results, GD, Wins. If all things remained equal, a “win and in” match would be played to determine the entrant into the World Cup.

Concerning CTEs. If a qualifying nation for any particular group has a CTE status at the end of each respective phase of qualification, it will be replaced by the 4th place side from that group. If more than one qualifying nation for any particular group have CTE status at the end of each respective round of qualification, the second and possibly third replacements will be chosen as the best 4th place nations (by point total) from other groups where the top three advance.

Q: What scorination system will be used?

A: NSFS 3.01 with style mods from +3 to -3 as this seems to be the range most often used with great success.

Q: What system of RP bonus will be used?

A: While not discussing specifics, I will say that our system allows for cumulative RP bonuses that would allow a new nation with no ranking to begin with to potentially have the advantage over most 2nd seeds by the end of the zonal phase. (assuming, of course, that the second seeds in question earned no RP bonus of their own during that time.)

The bonus would reset for the World Cup proper as the post qual ranks would then be used.

Q: How will friendlies be handled during WC55 if your bid wins?

A: As in WC55 there will be 4 days on which friendlies can be held - Pre Qual, Pre-Zonal, Post-Zonal, and Post-Qual. Tournaments will be scorinated by ASMV while non-tournament friendlies are handled by Qazox.

Tournaments such as the MSMT, Publisher’s Cup, and Pink Cup should fall nicely into place with four rounds possible for each (five if the finals are scorinated post-WC). That allows for a possible 16 teams per tourney (32 if finals are post WC). It is possible that I would consider scorination of two rounds pre-qual if sufficient reason is given as to why that request was made.

Non-tournament friendlies will be limited to two per nation per session and will need verification from Qazox to get host scorination. Feel free to set up as many non-host scorinated friendlies as you wish.

Dependent upon the number of tournaments, ASMV may choose to scorinate non-tournament friendlies as well, but the number of those (if any) will have to wait to be determined.

Thank you for taking time to read this bid. Even more thanks for consideration
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Obvious questions:

1) How will you integrate the two-tier system into the KPB rankings?

2) Qazox, how will you get around Sarzonia's inevitable issues with this bid - namely you potentially scorinating at least some of his results?
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Krytenia wrote:2) Qazox, how will you get around Sarzonia's inevitable issues with this bid - namely you potentially scorinating at least some of his results?

I don't see how one person's personal issue with one of the hosts should affect the bid itself. If Sarzonia is really picky about the hosts - and he seems to be, given every tournament sign-up he makes is conditional upon the host - then that's his problem. If ASMV and Qazox are worthy of being hosts, they shouldn't be denied the opportunity just for a single guy's qualms. Sarzonia can always decline to play if he wants.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Krytenia wrote:Obvious questions:

The final numbers for nations not playing the full amount of matches will be broken down to a per match total then multiplied by the max number of match days. This should provide a relevant equivilent to those nations who do play the max number of matches.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Krytenia wrote:Obvious questions:

2) Qazox, how will you get around Sarzonia's inevitable issues with this bid - namely you potentially scorinating at least some of his results?

Since #2 is directed to me, i'll answer that one first. Regardless of any problems that are between Sarzonia and myself, I would have no problem scorinating their results. But to prevent any possible problems that might occur, we will attempt to have ASMV scorinate any of Sarzonia's matches in the Inter-zonals and World Cup proper. As for the group stage, unfortunately we would not be able to do so. In that case we would proceed as normal and scorinate the matches on an alternating basis.

Regarding item #1, See ASMV's post above this one.
Last edited by Qazox on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Civil Citizenry wrote:
Krytenia wrote:2) Qazox, how will you get around Sarzonia's inevitable issues with this bid - namely you potentially scorinating at least some of his results?

I don't see how one person's personal issue with one of the hosts should affect the bid itself. If Sarzonia is really picky about the hosts - and he seems to be, given every tournament sign-up he makes is conditional upon the host - then that's his problem. If ASMV and Qazox are worthy of being hosts, they shouldn't be denied the opportunity just for a single guy's qualms. Sarzonia can always decline to play if he wants.

I would not have chosen to present this bid with Qazox if their were any doubts as to his ability to be fair in regards to scorination of ALL matches. Personal issues with Sarzonia aside, I have every confidence this will not affect Qazox's ability to scorinate Sarzonia's matches in the zonal phase. Qazox has asked that I scorinate any of Sarz's matches beyond that point due to the fact that he does not want to appear biased as the competition level goes up. I have always respected Sarz and agreed with him most of the time in things WC concerned. I would hope he chooses not to boycott should we win this bid, but that will be a decision that he must make if that comes to pass.
Last edited by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Civil Citizenry,

I really do not appreciate the tone with which you took your comments regarding my issues with Qazox. Rather than turn this into a bitchfest and air out any more dirty laundry than I've already done, I'll just say that my decision on what to do should this bid win has already been made.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Sarzonia wrote:Civil Citizenry,

I really do not appreciate the tone with which you took your comments regarding my issues with Qazox. Rather than turn this into a bitchfest and air out any more dirty laundry than I've already done, I'll just say that my decision on what to do should this bid win has already been made.

I didn't mean to assume an offensive tone. I was just voicing my opinion, not meaning to derail the thread by attacking you or anyone else. Apologies if my post was displeasing to you.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Legalese
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Legalese » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:55 pm

The details of the bid are laid out well, and for that, I commend you both.

That said, I do have one question, and a comment:

Question for both hosts - individually: Hosting a World Cup is a long and trying experience, and one that has all sorts of things happen - I'd argue that no other hosting experience in NS is quite like it, and (other than possibly the Olympics) especially as the sign-up numbers grow exponentially, no other hosting experience is as challenging. Frequently, I've noticed that the best-run cups seem to be run by a team that includes one former WC host, which your bid lacks. So, simply put: why pair with each other, as opposed to individually finding another fmr. host to work with?

Comment: Qazox has, well, a checkered past when it comes to his history with the World Cup - including times where he's blatantly deceived the community to get around the rules in place. Most of that happened a long time ago, and if I had a vote when Qazox was offered a place back in the community, I likely would have supported it. Unfortunately, I came across this post in another NS Sports thread that has me questioning that anything has changed on his part. And to be frank, trust is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of a World Cup Hosting Bid; if you don't trust the hosts' ability to run it the way that it should be run, then their bid doesn't pass muster.
I'm sorry to say that I can't trust that this bid would be a good choice.
Host/Co-Host of:
World Cup XXII and LXVIII
Cup of Harmony XI and XIII
Baptism of Fire IX, XIV, XV, XVI, XLII, LII
The Inaugural CAFA Cup
AOCAF Cup V and XXXIV

Winner of Cup of Harmony 55 and Jeremy Jaffacake Jamboree II
Anaia: Like all the best ideas, this is moving from "lampoon" to
"take seriously" rather quickly

(H/T to Mertagne)

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 pm

I have one rather large concern with the announced form of the two-stage format. Let us consider an entry of 169, the same as WC 54 and the median for the last three World Cups. The announced format would then require 18 matchdays in the zonal phase and 10 more in the interzonal for a total of 28. A conventional 15-group format, double-league, would require 22 matchdays for the same field. World Cup 54 used 15 matchdays for qualifying, and even if it had gone double-league in the interzonals--a point generally felt in later discussion to be technically superior--the total would still have been just 20.

It's all food for thought.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Apologies if anyone thought I was "calling out" Qazox for anything. I know at least some of the history between the users behind Qazox and Sarzonia (I will say no more than that, as it is not my place to do so); merely asking if there was a plan to skirt an issue that has derailed the WCDT on more than one occasion - and at the last World Cup threatened to take the competition (or at least a part thereof) with it.

As Sarzonia has downgraded his signup to "conditional", this question has pretty much been answered without the hosts needing to address it, and therefore let's hear no more on the issue.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Legalese wrote:The details of the bid are laid out well, and for that, I commend you both.

That said, I do have one question, and a comment:

Question for both hosts - individually: Hosting a World Cup is a long and trying experience, and one that has all sorts of things happen - I'd argue that no other hosting experience in NS is quite like it, and (other than possibly the Olympics) especially as the sign-up numbers grow exponentially, no other hosting experience is as challenging. Frequently, I've noticed that the best-run cups seem to be run by a team that includes one former WC host, which your bid lacks. So, simply put: why pair with each other, as opposed to individually finding another fmr. host to work with?

Comment: Qazox has, well, a checkered past when it comes to his history with the World Cup - including times where he's blatantly deceived the community to get around the rules in place. Most of that happened a long time ago, and if I had a vote when Qazox was offered a place back in the community, I likely would have supported it. Unfortunately, I came across this post in another NS Sports thread that has me questioning that anything has changed on his part. And to be frank, trust is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of a World Cup Hosting Bid; if you don't trust the hosts' ability to run it the way that it should be run, then their bid doesn't pass muster.
I'm sorry to say that I can't trust that this bid would be a good choice.

ASMV contacted me about the possiblity of co-hosting WC55, and after discussions between us, we found that both of our ideas of how a cup can be run meshed well together. I can't speak for ASMV, but i didn't ask any other past hosts, as I believe that many former hosts would have either ignored my request or dismissed it entirely. That may or may not be true, but co-hosting with ASMV seemed to be best chance I would have.

to TBI: Right now there would be 137 teams. Figure 3 additonal teams (for the moment) would man 20 groups of 7 teams and 12 MD's +10 MD for the interzonal= 22MD's not much higher than the 20 you have posted. I will talk with ASMV about seeing if the inter-zonal stage can be adjusted.
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Krytenia wrote:As Sarzonia has downgraded his signup to "conditional", this question has pretty much been answered without the hosts needing to address it, and therefore let's hear no more on the issue.

With all due respect, our epic tradition of trying to wish issues away and dropping them without attempting to resolve them fully ends up bringing us more problems than it's worth.

To make a long story short, I declined the offer to have ASMV potentially scorinate my matches beyond the zonal phase because allowing it would have set a very dangerous precedent for future hosts.

I don't believe making those concessions is a policy that should be permitted as standard practice for the future. Personally, I've thought long and hard about the OOC aspect of my request to have my interzonal matches moved out of Qazox last time. I've decided that special treatment in this case is something I'm too uncomfortable with accepting.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:45 pm

I would like to know why Qazox believes he should be entrusted with the most important tournament in the community after the numerous stunts he has pulled. Blatantly lying for years to get around the rules, accusing all hosts of fixing the results against him, calling one entire tournament's results invalid, and having inconsistency in other events he has hosted.

In addition to the great concern I have over Qazox hosting, I personally despise the two tiered system. I wont be supporting this bid in any manner.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Virabia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Valanora wrote:I would like to know why Qazox believes he should be entrusted with the most important tournament in the community after the numerous stunts he has pulled. Blatantly lying for years to get around the rules, accusing all hosts of fixing the results against him, calling one entire tournament's results invalid, and having inconsistency in other events he has hosted.

I second this notion. Since I've been here, Qazox has repeatedly made it his mission to anger the NSSport community and he has done a good job. I just hope that those who don't have experience in dealing with him don't make the mistake of voting for him. Please, do your research on what he has done. While this bid may look good, it's going to be the same old Qazox running it...
Economic Left/Right: -9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.00
OCCUPY ALL STREETS, EVERYWHERE (Occupy Ithaca)

I have made the following progression in my beliefs
American Liberal -> Social Democrat -> Right Libertarian -> Democratic Socialist -> Trotskyist -> Eco-Socialist -> Eco-Communist -> Cooperativist

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Well before delving into the obvious point of contention, I feel that ASMV is a worthy host and I did like the two-tier system.

In regards to Qazox: It is what it is at this point. Just keep this in mind: this is a co-hosted event. If Qazox was going to be dishonest (hypothetically), would ASMV permit it? He has his own reputation at stake too.

That said, the concerns are obvious here, and though I enjoyed the 2-tier system, I'm likely gonna lean toward the other bid.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 pm

I believe I no longer have a vote as I didn't do WC54 but let me just add my voice that if I still did, I would most certainly not be voting for Qazox. Valanora's summation of Qazox's history is spot-on and the recent issues highlighted by Legalese regarding Qazox's latest puppet and his attempts to circumvent the rules, including by not declaring the puppet during Olympic signups, do not give me any faith or trust whatsoever in Qazox's ability to host a World Cup fairly.
Last edited by Liventia on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

TBI Foreign Service
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby TBI Foreign Service » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:20 am

Qazox wrote:to TBI: Right now there would be 137 teams. Figure 3 additonal teams (for the moment) would man 20 groups of 7 teams and 12 MD's +10 MD for the interzonal= 22MD's not much higher than the 20 you have posted. I will talk with ASMV about seeing if the inter-zonal stage can be adjusted.

I don't think there is a need to adjust the interzonal stage. Moving from the single round-robin of WC 54 to home-and-home would generally be viewed as a positive alteration. Note, however, that seven-team groups require 14 matchdays, not 12.

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 am

First of all, when i chose to present this bid with Qazox, It was my opinion that he had successfully moved past his meltdown and deserved to be given a second chance. I have not followed the other threads mentioned due to the fact that I have litle interest in baseball and hockey. While those threads do raise concerns, I stand behind my decision for the time being.

As for hooking up with a former host, I dont believe that should be a prerequisite when both potential hosts have hosting experience. Yes it is a huge undertaking, but we know that going in. Besides, I tried the whole work with a former host back at BoF 17 and had the whole thing dumped in my lap when the co-host disappeared. I mention no names for that one now though.

As for the zonal phase, it is easy enough to move to a 30 group format to keep the number of matches down.

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:01 am

TBI Foreign Service wrote: Note, however, that seven-team groups require 14 matchdays, not 12.

7 teams in a group play each of the other six twice. 6x2=12 matches.,

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 am

In a group of seven, there will always be one team not playing in a matchday, thus one matchday at the end of the six for the six "byes" so far to catch up. Do that once for each round in the round robin and you've got 14 matchdays.

Like how the old five nations championship used to have to be played over five weekends, not four.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:13 am

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega wrote:
TBI Foreign Service wrote: Note, however, that seven-team groups require 14 matchdays, not 12.

7 teams in a group play each of the other six twice. 6x2=12 matches.,

Across 14 matchdays -- you forget about byes that arise with seven-team groups.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 am

The Babbage Islands wrote:
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega wrote:7 teams in a group play each of the other six twice. 6x2=12 matches.,

Across 14 matchdays -- you forget about byes that arise with seven-team groups.

I stand corrected. oopsie :palm:

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 am

If my objectivity is a concern for some, might I refer you to the most recent WCoH. I have had arguements with a couple of nations that did participate in that event, but other than the Cabric non-disclosure, I've not heard nor seen any comments that stated that WCoH 14 was biased, run horribly, was late scorinating or any thing negative about the event itself. I have learned my lessons from World Bowl IX, and I think the results of me hosting World Cup of Hockey 14 can speak for themselves. I have always been an unbiased scorinator, regardless of the events I've hosted.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:20 am

Why do you want to host the World Cup?
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports