NATION

PASSWORD

Maychion Armories Stalker Infantry Support Tank

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Maychion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Maychion Armories Stalker Infantry Support Tank

Postby Maychion » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 am

Specifications

Name: IST-01 Stalker
Crew: 4 (Gunner, Commander, Loader, Driver) + 3 soldiers
Length (Rear to muzzle): 10.8 m
Length (Without gun): 8.6m
Width (Without skirt): 3.9m
Height (To Turret roof): 2.7m
Ground Clearance: 0.40 m
Weight: 68 tonnes
Armament: 125 mm smoothbore gun (64 rounds: 40 HE, 24 bunker buster)
20 mm co-axial autocannon (300 rounds)
.50 Cal computer guided HMG firing HE rounds(1200 rounds)
Armor: Composite Matrix of Ceramic-Titanium-Alluminium alloy.
Protection (Kinetic weapons): 30 anti-missile flares, computer guided HMG capable of intercepting unguided missiles (60% success rate)
Protection (Biological weapons): Hull can be sealed airtight, has 30 mins supply of air on board.
Suspension: Pneumatic
Engine: 1700 HP Cyclone MKIII Liquid-cooled turbocharged Diesel-Electric engine
Maximum Speed (On roads): 85 Km/h
Maximum Speed (All other surfaces) On Avg. 80km/h
Operational Range: 560 Km

The Stalker tank was developed after it was realized that the predecessor, the Predator, though powerful and deadly against most enemy armored vehicles, was much too slow for Maychion's blitzkrieg style aerial insertion offensives. Recent military simulations have shown the Predator to be at the very least three to four kilometers away from the frontlines. Thus, the need for a faster, more mobile tank was needed.

The Stalker was designed and planned with a few things in mind. Firstly, it had to obviously be lighter than the Predator, yet be reasonably protected. Secondly, it had to have a gun powerful enough to take on fortifications most infantrymen might face. Thirdly, it had to be able to traverse most surfaces in order to effectively support the infantry. And lastly, the safety of the crew was paramount.

And so, the Stalker was born. Preliminary tests on prototypes proved to be satisfactory, with the onboard targeting computer able to generate consistent 100% hits on targets while moving. The quad-track design also proved to be effective. As each track had independent suspension, the Stalker could easily traverse any terrain. At 80-85 km/h, it also proved to be a hard target. It's low ground clearance allowed it to be stable even in the roughest of conditions.

The armor proved to be effective against rounds up to 120 mm, although the number of hits it can sustain diminishes as the caliber increases. The flares help to confuse any heat seeking missiles, while the computer aided HMG can easily shoot down any stray rockets. The hull can be sealed tight to protect against chemical agents, whether it be gaseous or liquid. An air recycling system can effectively supply the crew with an unlimited amount of air. There are also food and water for three days for each of the 7 crewmen.

Using bunker buster rounds, the 125 mm gun have proven effective against concrete bunkers with walls up to 50 cm thick and steel walls up to 30 cm thick. The gun has also proven effective against most light and medium tanks, and can hold it's own against most main battle tanks. Of course, this is all from simulations, as Maychion does not have any tanks from states to test on.

It's ability to transport a squad of troops was completely unplanned, and only discovered after decreasing the total ammunition count for the 125 mm gun from 125 rounds to 64, on basis that if a tank needs 125 rounds, it was probably dead. As such, the Stalker can carry three soldiers, behind the tank crew. The rear hatch serves as their main form of exit. The carried troops have proven useful in urban combat simulations, where the main gun proved useless in the close ranged combat and there were too many targets for the onboard computer to cope.

Variants

IST-01M (Medical)

The M variant of the IST-01 which further reduces the ammunition count for all weapons. 45 rounds for the main gun, 800 rounds for the HMG and 190 rounds for the autocannon, in exchange for the ability to carry a medical team with the needed equipment in the expanded troop bay. It has a capacity of a team of 4 medics and two patients. Due to it being much more armored than a standard ambulance, and it being armed quite heavily, it can evacuate personnel off the battlefield in the heat of battle.

IST-01U (Urban)

The IST-01U was designed to excel in urban combat. It forgoes the 125 mm cannon and 20 mm autocannon for an array of four 40 mm autocannons with 900 (500 delayed fuse, 400 HE) rounds of ammunition each. It also has two computer guided HMGs to protect against unguided rockets and it carries twice the number of flares.

IST-01H (Howitzer)

This variant is simply a slight modification, replacing the main 125 mm gun and 20 mm autocannon with the powerful 160mm howitzer, allowing to act as an impromptu self-propelled artillery vehicle. With the right tools, this modification can be done on the battlefield.

Unit cost

IST-01: USD$ 9.5 million
IST-01M: USD$8 million
IST-01U: USD$ 7.5 million
IST-01H: SImply purchase the howitzer barrel for USD$ 950

Modifications can be requested, and price will be adjusted on a case by case basis.

Thank you for your attention.
Cause I'm too lazy to make a factbook, here's the stuff you might need to know about my nation.
Full Title: The Unified Confederacy of Maychion
Languages: Maychian (Something like Swedish), Polish and Russian
Government Type: Parliamentary Dictatorship
Current Leader: Anatoly Sabaev
Current Prime Minister: Yngve Åker
Current Foreign Miniser: Victor Labachev
Current War Minister: Stanislaw Träsk
Current Finance Minister: Georgy Wukawicz
Current Minister of Home Affairs: Mikhail Lärssen
Current Minister of Internal Security: Anders Skårsgärd
Current Minister of Commerce: Anders Yaloslav

I'm depressed 75% of the time. The 25% is when I'm feeling melancholic. Sigh...

Mossat
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mossat » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:35 pm

The Commonwealth has taken interest in your Stalker tanks. We would like to purchase a number of them, including variants and with modifications:

2,000 IST-01 Stalker Tanks
750 IST-01M Stalker Tanks
2,000 IST-01U Stalker Tanks
4,000 IST-01 Stalker Tanks refitted with Howitzer Barrel

We request that of the IST-01 Stalkers of both original and Howitzer variants, the troop transport capacity be removed from the tank and replaced with the original 125 round magazine. We understand that the more ammunition one brings to a fight, the longer they will last and the more versatile that unit becomes. We will pay any extra costs for the modification of these tanks.

The total estimated cost comes down to $59,001,900,000
Demonym: Mossacian (Pronounced with a "z")
Mossat Military Hardware Database(Under Construction)
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maychion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maychion » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:43 am

To: Mossat

Your order has been approved. We will be able to deliver the Medical variants in 3 months, the rest will be subsequently delivered over a period of 8 months.

Pleasure doing business with you.

Signed
CEO of Maychion Armories
Richard Teskyev
Cause I'm too lazy to make a factbook, here's the stuff you might need to know about my nation.

Squirrelyland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Placing an order

Postby Squirrelyland » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 am

In order to assist its small but effective military forces in future campaigns, the government of the Republic of Squirrelyland wishes to place an order for 10 of the Stalker tanks of the Urban configuration at a total cost of 75 million USD.

The Republic has reviewed the specifications if these tanks and has deemed that they will
be able to provide a long period of effective service.

Maychion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maychion » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:14 am

To: Squirrelyland

Your order of 10 IST-01Us have been confirmed. They will be shipped to you once we complete cleaning and refitting the ones we have in storage so as to allow them to be in perfect condition when you receive them. Please allow at least two weeks for us to do so.

Signed
CEO of Maychian Armories
Richard Teskyev

Mossat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mossat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:43 pm

The Commonwealth would like to request if an anti-aircraft variant of the IST-01 Stalker Tank be produced. We have noticed that the IST-01U variant is capable of dealing a great amount of damage to an air vehicle should the need for point-blank anti-aircraft support be neccessary. We would like to request that a variant of the IST-01 be produced with anti-aircraft capability, and if possible we would also like 2,500 of these anti-aircraft tanks.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maychion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maychion » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 pm

We have taken a look at your requests and have come up with the following specifications:

Name: IST-01A Anti-Air Stalker
Crew: 3 (Driver/Commander, Gunner, Loader) + 2 troops
(Dimensions are identical to the original variant)
Weight: 60 tonnes
Armament: 4X 35mm Intermediate anti-air guns (950 rounds each)
2X Computer guided .50 cal HMG (1000 rounds)
8X Single use heat seeking anti-vehicular rockets (4 on each side)
1X Computer assisted laser guided 84mm rocket launcher co-axial to 35mm gun array (10 shots)
Armor: Composite Matrix of Ceramic-Titanium-Alluminium alloy.
Protection (Kinetic weapons): 30 anti-missile flares, computer guided HMG capable of intercepting unguided missiles (60% success rate). Computer assisted 84mm rocket is capable of intercepting munitions. (65% success rate)
Protection (Biological weapons): Hull can be sealed airtight, has 30 mins supply of air on board.
Suspension: Pneumatic
Engine: 1700 HP Cyclone MKIII Liquid-cooled turbocharged Diesel-Electric engine
Maximum Speed (On roads): 90 Km/h
Maximum Speed (All other surfaces) On Avg. 80km/h
Operational Range: 560 Km

The tank has been customized to be as deadly to enemy aircraft as possible. The troops transport capacity has been reduced in order to make space for the vast amount of ammunition and weaponry. When not deployed, it is advisable for the two soldiers to aid the loader. Alongside it's 35 mm anti-air cannons, the IST-01A boasts 2 guided HMGs to increase the chances of intercepting enemy missiles, 1 84 mm launcher to increase it's anti-tank capability and adds 8 anti-vehicular rockets in order for it to fend for itself against armored threats.

We hope this is to your liking.

Signed
CEO of Maychion Armories
Richard Teskyev

Mossat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mossat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

The Chiefs of Defense have analyzed the design plans for the IST-01A Anti-Air Stalker and have one word for the design: perfect.

The Commonwealth would like to purchase 15,000 IST-01A Anti-Air Stalker tanks, and will wire the funds immediately.

Maychion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maychion » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:48 pm

We are pleased to have been able to provide you with a suitable design. The total cost of your purchase comes to USD 1,170,000,000, with a price of USD 7,800,000 per unit.

Pleasure doing business with you.

Signed
CEO of Maychion Armories
Richard Teskyev

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade