NATION

PASSWORD

"Ratnik" Ballistic Vest

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Chernobyl-Pripyat
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

"Ratnik" Ballistic Vest

Postby Chernobyl-Pripyat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:06 am

Warrior in Chernobylskayan digital camouflage

Warrior-M in Multicam, featuring MOLLE webbing.

The Ратник[Warrior] ballistic vest, designed by the Agroprom Research Institute and manufactured by the Treneska based 'Vympel' company is a modern piece of equipment suitable for all combat environments, and protects from small caliber armor piercing rounds commonly used by the worlds military forces.

It was first developed in 2006 as a private venture, and competed in the 2009 equipment trials, but did not make into the finals due to the Ratnik being underdeveloped at the time. Following this, the Agroprom Research Institute redesigned the plates intended to be used, while having an unusual shape has better coverage then the standard "Rectangle" Titanium-Steel Alloy plates used by the State Research Institute's PSZ series armor. A further requirement was that the new protective equipment was to be suitable for extended periods of wear. In 2016, it was resubmitted and approved for use as privately procured equipment, and currently is slated to become the new piece of equipment for the 2020 modernization program.

The design of the vest is of two components; an subvest section, consisting of soft armor, and plate sleeves which attach to the vest to accommodate different shapes of armor plates used. The materials largely make up the vest provide class 3 protection from pistol rounds and shell fragments on the front, back and shoulders. The subvest being made of a DYNEEMA, provide better protection then Kevlar, while being more durable to natural erosion. The plate sleeve, constructed of DYNEEMA, with Twaron panels act as a "catchers mitt" for projectiles; a shot at a 30-40 degree angle will not ricochet, rather remain in the sleeve. The Ratnik vest is non-combustible and resistant to aggressive liquids due to special treatment of materials.

The Ratnik uses 5mm Tungsten Disulfide plates; a single large plate on the front, and a pair of smaller rectangular plates which protect the wearers spine and vital organs. While making the vest somewhat heavy, weighing in at 10.5kg, they provide NIJ 101.04 Level IV protection on the front and back over a total 50dm2 area. This will stop .30-06 Armor Piercing ammunition, and multiple hit protection from smaller calibers.

For export, the Ratnik is available in all common patterns, and if requested the Vympel company can complete contracts that require nation-specific camouflage*. The plate sleeve can be changed to suit existing inventory of plates, however this is not recommended as it will change the protective qualities of the vest. If requested, a sub variant of the vest, known as the Ratnik-M features MOLLE webbing over the front and sides, with an optional cummerbund to enable distribution of equipment at the torso.

Export cost of the vest and standard plates is $1200, and with orders larger then 10,000 a 5% discount is given.

*Covers in Lyran Multispectral Disruptive Patterns must first be cleared through Lyran Arms. there is a 20% tax per vest to cover customs charges.
Last edited by Chernobyl-Pripyat on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mikedor
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 am

Mikedor wishes to purchase 500,000 ballistic vests.

Cost: $600,000,000-5%

$570,000,000
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Chernobyl-Pripyat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernobyl-Pripyat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 am

To: Mikedor

Order is confirmed, and will be complete in 4 NS weeks. Since you did not specify what pattern, they will arrive in khaki-drab coloration.

-- Natalia Kotova, Vympel Sales Rep.

Chernobyl-Pripyat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernobyl-Pripyat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:13 pm

bump

Chernobyl-Pripyat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernobyl-Pripyat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:30 pm

bump

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 pm

We would like 500,000.

250,000 Multi Cam
250,000 Green
DEFCON 5
I will now go back to my easier habits of threatening to slice babies in half in order to find who the true mother is.- The Archregimancy
One other thing: There's no rule against profanity, but there IS a rule against spam. Bear that in mind, motherfuckers. - Lunatic Goofballs
"They. Are. Alive. Too." So are bacteria. I feel no pity when I use hand sanitizer.
-Conservative Morality
I hope they don't ban it. Going to the airport is the only time I can get anyone to feel me up anymore. -Minoriteeburg
"I'd find the tallest cliff I could, stand on the edge naked and hope I was sucked off." -Fartsniffage
Military Size: 46.2 Million (1%)

Chernobyl-Pripyat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernobyl-Pripyat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:40 pm

To: Great Valencia

Order approved. With discount added, your total cost comes to $570,000,000, and order will be completed and shipped in 4 NS weeks.

-- Natalia Kotova, Vympel Sales Rep.

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Thank you
DEFCON 5
I will now go back to my easier habits of threatening to slice babies in half in order to find who the true mother is.- The Archregimancy
One other thing: There's no rule against profanity, but there IS a rule against spam. Bear that in mind, motherfuckers. - Lunatic Goofballs
"They. Are. Alive. Too." So are bacteria. I feel no pity when I use hand sanitizer.
-Conservative Morality
I hope they don't ban it. Going to the airport is the only time I can get anyone to feel me up anymore. -Minoriteeburg
"I'd find the tallest cliff I could, stand on the edge naked and hope I was sucked off." -Fartsniffage

Jurgenty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jurgenty » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Jurgenty would like to purchase 460,000 green camo vest for our army and 40,000 Multicam vests for our Ranger wing.
FT NATION

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:52 pm

We would like $3 billion worth of green camo suits.

Can these fit over skin-tight anti radiation suits?
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade