NATION

PASSWORD

Cirrus Electronic Intelligence Airship

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Cirrus Electronic Intelligence Airship

Postby Pharthan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:56 am

Hi-Res Image Available for Viewing/Download

PRICE

• Unit Cost: $7 mil NSD
  • DPR: $12bil NSD
Length: 326 feet
Width: 124 feet
Height: 141 feet
Maximum Operating Height: 41,000 feet (LOS ~261 miles)
Operational Modes: Tethered-Continuous Full Power, Self-Propelled Solar Powered
Maximum Speed: 48mph
Functions: Airborne Early Warning Radar (420 Miles), Ground Scan Radar (LOS), Global Communications, Various C2/Link systems, Active Jamming, Electronic Intelligence, LOS Infrared/High Quality Imaging, Targeting
Power Source: Internal Battery, Solar Panels, Optional Tether
Frame: Carbon Fiber/Aerogel, Minimal Aluminum (Collapsible Frame)
Operating time: 90 Days
Crew: None (Operated Remotely by six personnel)

Due to the high-energy demands, if operating self-propelled, the Cirrus is advised to be operated in pairs, so that one may charge while the other is operating.
The frame of the Cirrus is no larger than any typical fighter at 55'x40'x20', allowing it to be deployed from carriers of sufficient flight-deck space should it be necessary, or retrievable. With a top speed of 48mph, it can even keep up with most of it's parent vessels in the event of Naval use and provide AEW for strike groups.

It's largest advantage is that it's radar can see up to a degree as well as down; whereas most ground, sea, and airbased radars have trouble monitoring for low-flying ballistic missiles and aircraft, the Cirrus has an unprecedented, unobscured view. Combining it's multiple instruments and new software, linking several together at once allows for supreme tracking abilities, allowing for fixing cameras on high-speed moving targets to include high-zoom function. These functions make it more suited to maintaining control and defense rather than assault-ELINT duties. It's primary function is in Ballistic Missile Defense, though it can carry out all AWACS duties.

Much of it' frame is composed of Carbon Fiber and Aerogels, with Aluminum where deemed necessary, giving the Cirrus a surprisingly lightweight and durable Semi-Rigid structure, allowing it to support more electronics than it's other new age counterparts and like-concepts, while still maintaining a surprising low-weight.

The Cirrus has unprecedented AWACS capabilities when deployed via tether, and it couples that with loiter time many times that of it's competitors and it's low-cost makes it ideal for all nations. It requires no fuel, and has a considerably lighter and cheaper airframe. Likewise, it's maintenance is reduce massively from counterpart fixed-wing aircraft.

Last edited by Pharthan on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 am

Reserved
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:05 am

Reserved
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

Return to Global Economics and Trade