NATION

PASSWORD

TekNet - Internet Provider Service

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Jinwoy
Senator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

TekNet - Internet Provider Service

Postby Jinwoy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:29 am

TekNet

Tekking and Connecting All!

Service

TekNet is all about the consumer - we work towards achieving cheap, fast Internet access for any and all!
The Internet is the most massive project humanity has ever developed, it has brought the world together in a net of communication. Information is instantaneous and only a mouse click away. Information has never been as available as it is now in Human History, ushering in the age of the Internet.
Indeed, the Internet is undoubtedly the best communications resource that has and ever will exist, so why not hook your nation up?

Here at TekNet, we believe that everyone should have cheap and fast Internet access and that is what you'll get with us! No mucking about, no fine print and best of all - no down time. Sign up with TekNet today, and prepare for the future!

Lilaporei, Jinwoy (South-East Asia) - Status: Online
Altaris, Odinburgh (Yggdrasil System) - Status: Online
South Winbridge, Springmont (Europe) - Status: Online
Riverton, SIN (Maltus) - Status: Online
Dey Xanadu, Thama (Unknown Desert) - Status: Online
Königfurten Head, Thousandsuns (Europe) - Status: Online
Toùba, Kallaine (North America) - Status: Online
Làporte, Kallaine (Central Pacific) - Status: Online

Application

It is compulsory to open a data centre in your nation, as with out it you'll miss out some of our high speeds. You pay a one time cost of $1,000,000 towards these data centre's. It is worth every penny.
Private servers are also available to rent, for private or public use. These servers are completely secure, as the information fed through to these servers is one way - in or out, that way you don't have to worry about any nerdy hackers sitting in dark rooms behind computer desks getting hold of your sensitive information. Renting servers is a monthly cost, as making sure our security software remains up to date is a very large task.

Code: Select all
Nation:
Geographical Location:
Leader:
Location of Data Centre:
List of cities that have access to this service: All (Change if Applicable)
Private: Y/N
Public and Private: Y/N
Public: Y/N

By applying, I agree that I will pay for the construction of a data centre in my country. I also agree that I will pay monthly for private servers (If applicable). Finally, I agree that if any damage is caused to my country because of this service - whether indirectly, directly or undeliberately (note not deliberately), that I will not hold them responsible. And if any of this contract is broken, the service will be terminated in my nation without refund.

Technology

There is new and innovating technology behind TekNet that helps you go faster and be safer on the world wide web.
For example, we use fine optic cables that transfer information almost three times faster than regular optic cables, this is because of the spacing and capacity of the old, slow style of wiring and the new style, which involves using sub-atomic particles to boost the amount of information the cables can actually handle. That, and our technology has been made using the finest, available Scanning tunneling microscope and nanotechnology, so you can expect the shortest possible time for webpage loading.

The original material of the fibre cables is a Bismuth-Iron alloy because of its increased durability when run with electricity. 0.2–0.7% of aluminium is added to increase the strength of each individual cable string. Iron Oxide is run along to outside layers as a control, and Potassium Hydroxide is added just underneath the surface of the wire as a moisture control. The combination allows for a completely controllable environment within the cable itself, insuring it never gets old on its own, and it won't break without force.

Our anti-hacking software is exceptional, top of the line, and our own developers have yet to crack it.
For private government or corporate servers, the feed only goes one way - out. Without an entrance to get access into the servers, hackers would have to be willing to break into the data centre to get the information they want and even then, there is a 12 character randomly generated password in security that randomly generates whenever the server is accessed. On top of that, there is a password of the owners choice the hackers must guess first.
I'm sure you are all familiar of the term "DDOS attacks". Hackers have cleverly developed a program which infects computers (without showing signs of infection), and they use the computers to then 'open' a particular domain. Using the power of the computers now under their control, they flood the domain with requests - overworking the servers and causing them to crash.
We have countered this by limiting the number of requests that can be made per second down to something the servers combined can handle - something short of 2.5 Million for each Domain. When this threshold is met, the server immediately sends the user back to the previous page (or refuses entry) and has proven effective thus far. It will take a lot of computers to attack (Roughly around 156 million) a server to cause it to crash.

Jintek

This company, and all of its services belong to the Jintek corporation.
To keep this service cheap, please donate to Jintek. You will get special perks for donating and applying for Jintek membership - such as free privatised service.
Apply Here!

Thank you for visiting!
If you have any questions or requests, please don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited by Jinwoy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:58 am, edited 10 times in total.

Jinwoy
Senator

The most disguised bump

Postby Jinwoy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:22 pm

New Deal!

First Free Three Nations to sign up for our Private Service get the first month absolutely free!
Last edited by Jinwoy on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 13! Years of Jinwoy
Only 8 years left until I can legally buy alcohol
Late-twenties/Straight White Male/Annoyingly Mildly Accelerationist
Hot Take: France is actually pretty cool, aside from all the neocolonialism and institutional racism. Paris still sucks.

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Nation: Odinburgh
Geographical Location: Yggdrasil System
Leader: Chancellor Olaf Borson
Location of Data Centre: Altaris, Odinburgh
List of cities that have access to this service: Thorheim, Altaris, Balderton, Port Heimdall, Hoderham, Burines, Tyrborough, Freyrborough, Sancteon, Gridton, Vidarapal, Faxibekkr, Odinvik, Gersemihus, and New Asgard.
Private: NO
Public and Private: Yes
Public: NO

By applying, I agree that I will pay for the construction of a data centre in my country. I also agree that I will pay monthly for private servers (If applicable). Finally, I agree that if any damage is caused to my country because of this service - whether indirectly, directly or undeliberately (note not deliberately), that I will not hold them responsible. And if any of this contract is broken, the service will be terminated in my nation without refund.
Last edited by Odinburgh on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Odinburgh wrote:Nation: Odinburgh
Geographical Location: Yggdrasil System
Leader: Chancellor Olaf Borson
Location of Data Centre: Altaris, Odinburgh
List of cities that have access to this service: Thorheim, Altaris, Balderton, Port Heimdall, Hoderham, Burines, Tyrborough, Freyrborough, Sancteon, Gridton, Vidarapal, Faxibekkr, Odinvik, Gersemihus, and New Asgard.
Public and Private: Yes.

TekNet is proud to inform you that you have been ACCEPTED, and will start receiving internet service immediately.
Note that since you have signed up for a private service, you get the first month free thanks to a special promotion.

The Data Centre is online in Altaris, Odinburgh for a small price of $1,000,000. After your first month, the monthly price for your private server is $11,000. You can cancel the service at any time without charge.
Thank you for choosing TekNet!
Last edited by Jinwoy on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 13! Years of Jinwoy
Hot Take: France is actually pretty cool, aside from all the neocolonialism and institutional racism. Paris still sucks.

Springmont
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Springmont » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:54 am

To: TekNet
Re: Application to open a data centre in Springmont
date: Sept 1, 2012

Sir/ Madam

Nation: Springmont
Geographical Location: The European Union
Leader: President Merrill Greenbaum
Location of Data Centre: South Winbridge (Nation Capital)
Private: Y/N - Y
Public and Private: Y/N - N
Public: Y/N - Y

Regards

Gustav Armsbishop
CEO, SPRINT
Last edited by Springmont on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpringmontAir |IronHope Ltd | Springmont Football Club | Springmont Football Newswire | Sepak Takraw | DEMO | Newspaper | Embassy |Airport | Shipping |Company Directories
National Team: style +1.33 | Project Lion (Youth Team): style +1.56 | I scorinate Sepak Takraw using Badminton game

Strategically Integrated Nations
Secretary

Founded: Aug 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Strategically Integrated Nations » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:16 am

Nation: The Federation of Strategically Integrated Nations
Geographical Location: Maltus
Leader: John Williams (Jr.)
Location of Data Centre: Riverton (city)
List of cities that have access to this service: All
Private:Y
Public and Private: Y
Public: Y

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 am

Springmont wrote:

Sir

[box]Nation: Springmont

TekNet is proud to inform you that you have been ACCEPTED, and will start receiving internet service immediately.
Note that since you have signed up for a private service, you get the first month free thanks to a special promotion.

The Data Centre is online in South Winbridge, Springmont for a small price of $1,000,000. After your first month, the monthly price for your private server is $8,000. You can cancel the service at any time without charge.
10 13! Years of Jinwoy

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 am

Strategically Integrated Nations wrote:Nation: The Federation of Strategically Integrated Nations
Geographical Location: Maltus
Leader: John Williams (Jr.)
Location of Data Centre: Riverton (city)
Private:Y

Note that since you have signed up for a private service, you get the first month free thanks to a special promotion. you'll be the last nation to receive this deal

The Data Centre is online in Riverton, SIN for a small price of $1,000,000. After your first month, the monthly price for your private server is $44,000. You can cancel the service at any time without charge,
10 13! Years of Jinwoy

Springmont
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Springmont » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:01 am

Jinwoy wrote:
Springmont wrote:

Sir

Nation: Springmont

The Data Centre is online in South Winbridge, Springmont for a small price of $1,000,000. After your first month, the monthly price for your private server is $8,000. You can cancel the service at any time without charge.

[box]To: TekNet

Sir
We are very pleased through the implementation of this agreement.

TekNet Data Centre in South Winbridge, Springmont
SPRINT Wolberham Site, Hanbank Estates Street, South Winbridge, Springmont
Tel- 0056-2155-2133/2145 Fax- 0056-2155-0000/1111

Hopefully we can work together for other projects in the future
Regards

Gustav Armsbishop
CEO, SPRINT

SPRINT Center, Englewood Tower, McDolf Avenue, 789AA-21, South Winbridge, Springmont
Tel- 4040-2122-2900/2800 Fax- 4040-2122-1900/1800 www.sprint.teknet.com
Last edited by Springmont on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpringmontAir |IronHope Ltd | Springmont Football Club | Springmont Football Newswire | Sepak Takraw | DEMO | Newspaper | Embassy |Airport | Shipping |Company Directories
National Team: style +1.33 | Project Lion (Youth Team): style +1.56 | I scorinate Sepak Takraw using Badminton game

Thama
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thama » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 am

Dear Sir/Madam
We gladly apply for your services.
Here is the Application:

Nation: Thama
Geographical Location: The Unknown Desert
Leader: Engineer Tiberius A. Fenris
Location of Data Centre: Dey Xanadu (Highest located inhabited city in Thama)
List of cities that have access to this service: All except Nor Xanadu which has implemented a unique, high-speed free internet system in the city.
Private: Y

By applying, I agree that I will pay for the construction of a data centre in my country. I also agree that I will pay monthly for private servers. Finally, I agree that if any damage is caused to my country because of this service - whether indirectly, directly or undeliberately (note not deliberately), that I will not hold them responsible. And if any of this contract is broken, the service will be terminated in my nation without refund.

I would also like to ask you if it's possible to pay for 10 years of your service immediately, instead of paying monthly for the server.

Kind regards, Auxant James Damon, Mayor of Dey Xanadu
Last edited by Thama on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Politics? In my NS? It's more likely than you think.
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.50
Factbook, not stats. Not a guy, not a gal.
- The Nikopolian Empire and Archoncy of Thama -
- Des Nikopolsraik ed Arkoncy of Thama -
Capital city: Capital District Territory
Official languages: Ostspeak, Llynduneg
Government: Federated Parliamentary Monarchy
Population: 234,240,000
Head of State: Cedric Stargard
National Anthem: First March
Technology Level: Class V11 (Late PMT)
Area: 6,103,670 Sq km (mainland)
Old Map

Insert Cliche Here

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Thama wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam
We gladly apply for your services.
Here is the Application:

Nation: Thama
Geographical Location: The Unknown Desert
Leader: Engineer Tiberius A. Fenris
Location of Data Centre: Dey Xanadu (Highest located inhabited city in Thama)
List of cities that have access to this service: All except Nor Xanadu which has implemented a unique, high-speed free internet system in the city.
Private: Y

By applying, I agree that I will pay for the construction of a data centre in my country. I also agree that I will pay monthly for private servers. Finally, I agree that if any damage is caused to my country because of this service - whether indirectly, directly or undeliberately (note not deliberately), that I will not hold them responsible. And if any of this contract is broken, the service will be terminated in my nation without refund.

I would also like to ask you if it's possible to pay for 10 years of your service immediately, instead of paying monthly for the server.

Kind regards, Auxant James Damon, Mayor of Dey Xanadu
(Image)

You have been ACCEPTED,
Yes, you are allowed to pay ahead for TekNet internet service ahead of time. The price for 10 years service in your nation comes about to $39,120,000 every 10 years. (Prices are adjusted according to population, your population which is 326 million, makes your monthly price $326,000. But since you wanted it for ten years, we times the monthly service by 12, then by times 10, which gave us $39,120,00.
Thank you for choosing Teknet!
10 13! Years of Jinwoy

Thousandsuns
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thousandsuns » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:01 am

From: Dr Rohan Sparrowhawk, CEO, Thousandsuns TV & Newspaper Corporation (TITANIC)

Greetings, refer to the above.

TITANIC, representing the Department of Commerce have been directed to consult with TekNet for Internet communications plan in Thousandsuns.

Dr Weston Nuttall, the Secretary of Commerce has given permission for TITANIC as a sole agent to negotiate the terms with the TekNet.

Nation: Thousandsuns
Geographical Location:The European Union
Leader: President Sunspear
Location of Data Centre: Königfurten Head (Capital City of Thousandsuns)
Private: Y/N Y
Public and Private: Y/N N
Public: Y/N Y

Info for the Country HQ: (i.e. address, phone number, etc.)
Revensword Tower
Sir Oldiana Avenue, East Middlebridge
238T44, Königfurten Head
Königfurten
Tel- 0909-45451123
Fax-0909-41231230

May you be able to examine this proposal and respond immediately. thank you

Dr Rohan Sparrowhawk
CEO, Thousandsuns TV & Newspaper Corporation (TITANIC)

Thousandsuns TV & Newspaper Corporation (TITANIC), 10, Farmingalia Precinct, Königfurten Head, 1200HH-67, Königfurten, Thousandsuns Tel - 1-800-TITA-NICS www.titanic.com

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Thousandsuns wrote:
From: Dr Rohan Sparrowhawk, CEO, Thousandsuns TV & Newspaper Corporation (TITANIC)

Nation: Thousandsuns
Geographical Location:The European Union
Leader: President Sunspear
Location of Data Centre: Königfurten Head (Capital City of Thousandsuns)
Private: Y/N Y
Public and Private: Y/N N
Public: Y/N Y

The Data Centre is online in Riverton, SIN for a small price of $1,000,000. After your first month, the monthly price for your private server is $12,000. You can cancel the service at any time without charge,
10 13! Years of Jinwoy

Kallaine
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kallaine » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:20 am

Nation: Kallaine
Geographical Location: North America and Central Pacific
Leader: Chief Executive Louis Mansel
Location of Data Centre: Toùba(Logia Archipelago) and Làporte(Saint-Denis Islands)
Private: N
Public: N

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:57 am

Kallaine wrote:Nation: Kallaine
Geographical Location: North America and Central Pacific
Leader: Chief Executive Louis Mansel
Location of Data Centre: Toùba(Logia Archipelago) and Làporte(Saint-Denis Islands)
Public: N

The Data Centre's are online in Toùba and Làporte for the small price of $2,000,000. After your first month, the monthly price for your private server is $10,000. You can cancel the service at any time without charge,

Note: You only need one data centre unless your nation is amazingly geographically large, but you still can close one data centre and half your monthly rent.
10 13! Years of Jinwoy

Kallaine
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Kallaine » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 am

Thank you for accepting. We will have to use the older high-speed wire network and there are no undersea cables between island chains.

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:07 am

Kallaine wrote:Thank you for accepting. We will have to use the older high-speed wire network and there are no undersea cables between island chains.

If you want, we can send Government Workers to establish a high speed internet cables underneath the water, connecting the islands.
But we will need a map.
10 13! Years of Jinwoy

Kallaine
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Kallaine » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:12 am

That will be very helpful. Here is our Map: With Divisions, Without Divisions

Jinwoy
Senator

Postby Jinwoy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 am

Kallaine wrote:That will be very helpful. Here is our Map: With Divisions, Without Divisions

The Cable plans are done, we have given the majority of the islands Internet access, however some points will remain unconnected.
The cable installation is free, but to get those extra areas Internet would cost (around 1.3 bil, due to the fact that these are Government workers).

10 13! Years of Jinwoy

Kallaine
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Kallaine » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:40 am

This will not be a problem as we can install satellite relay stations at a cost to persons in those areas.

The logictalian union
Lobbyist

Founded: May 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

form 1

Postby The logictalian union » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:24 am

Nation: The Logictalian Union
Geographical Location: The Union Alliance
Leader: Glorius Leader Cryo
Location of Data Centre: The Capital Citadel Of The Union
Private: Y/N (N/A)
Public and Private: Y/N (Y)
Public: Y/N (N/A)

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Democratu
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratu » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:10 am

Nation: The Grand Kingdom of Democratu
Geographical Location: The North Pacific
Leader: King Leonidas Thornton IV
Location of Data Centre: Business District, Democratu City, Fortessium Duchy, Centria Region, Democratu
Public and Private: N

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade