NATION

PASSWORD

ALT Inc.: Buy Your Own Island! (PUPPET ADOPTION, OPEN)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

ALT Inc.: Buy Your Own Island! (PUPPET ADOPTION, OPEN)

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Your Perfect Island, Now!©

A proud invention of the Experiment Bureau

THE ALT PROJECT

Throughout the pages of the world's history, the proud nation of Retro Lyra has hosted some of the most excellent islands in this Earth we live on. It had become common goverment practice for the Ministry of Peace to buy an abandoned island from a neighbor or foreign official and "renovate" it, so to speak. This process took many unicorns, humans, and llamas to complete, all of whom planted trees, introduced wildlife, and built beautiful structures for inhabitants to live in. These places were then sold off for large sums of cash to other nations, perhaps explaining why the goverment can afford its extensive social services. However, these are turbulant times we live in, and the amount of islands avaliable for Rlyran purchase has decreased depressingly, leaving many jobless and raising taxes to an insane amount. The final hopes of resolving this issues laid on the shoulders of Doctor Goodman, the head of Rlyra's Science Bureau. When comfronted by Prime Minister of Peace Rodrick Jones, Goodman had only this to say:

"Why don't we make the islands ourselves?"

Thus, the widely debated ALT (Alternate Lands and Terrains) project was formed. Many thought this project to be a waste of goverment funds, and protesters began to emerge. Cries of 'We alt not go through with this project!" were heard for months, yet the Bureau remained strong. The main issue they were having was not how to build the base of an island, yet how to find the perfect location for one. A solution was soon reached. Within five months, they had founded ALT Inc, a machine and buisness that took Rlyra by storm.

The machine in question.

ALT Inc is an island making machine that searches the ocean for an ideal spot for an island (where there is little disease, little dangerous lifeforms, enough sunlight to sustain life, if it is possible to put supports down, and minimal tides). After finding the perfect spot, the machine automaticly sends the coordinates to a team of unicorns in the Bureau, who begin the search for the spot via flying over the ocean using their loftwings. After scouting it out, magic is shot out of their horns to begin creating a base for the island to sit on. After creating supports for the base, they take their leave back to the islands and rest. A few days later, ponies, llamas, and humans come to the island to start building wildlife. Pre-planted trees and flowers are sent in, as well as some of Rlyra's distintive animals (rainbow parrots, loftwings, hermit crabs, etc.)Many creatures are sent to do this tasking job, the good part being that this process only takes a few days if all goes right and enough people are sent. Within a few days, a perfect island is created at little cost to the nation (plant life is abundant in Rlyra, so the cost for seeds and such has dropped drasticly). Because of this process, we can easily sell nations cheap islands, create many more, and gradually start earning back our money. The best part of this is that the ocean surrounding Rlyra is giangantic, meaning that we can keep creating islands for hundreds of years without loosing space. So, nation, what are you waiting for? Are you ready to buy your own island?
Last edited by Retro Lyra on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:26 pm

RULES

OoC Post. Please read these before doing anything.

1) This is a puppet adoption thread, meaning that any puppets showcased here can become yours. If you want a puppet, TG me the puppet's name. I will then give you the nation's password. You will login, change the password, and add your email (just so you are aware if the puppet is about to die), and then you do with it what you like. Rest assured that this is NS kosher: I have asked the mods about this in the past, and they have told me that it is fine as long as I understand I probably will never get my puppet back again. The thread is based on a first come, first serve basis, so you better TG quickly if you want one of my puppets very badly.

2) Try not to post too many responses on this thread, since I will be giving updates on the islands still aviliable and don't want them smothered by thousands of OoC and frankly pointless posts. You can post which island you wish to take on the thread, and we will continue the transaction via TG.

3) One puppet per nation. That is all I ask.

4) When you TG me, feel free to be IC or OoC. I really don't care which, though I do have to admit that I would prefer OoC.

5) If you don't see a puppet you like but still want to adopt one, you have two options: bookmark this thread or make a TG request for a puppet. You can make a puppet yourself, but for some reason people like it when I make them. If you bookmark it, you can always check back here every once in a while to see if I have any new puppets up. Perhaps one will be to your liking.

6) Your nation must be at least three months old to adopt.
Last edited by Retro Lyra on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Here is an updated list of our newest islands. We will update this list on a daily basis with new islands and ones that have been sold.

Currently, we have 18 islands waiting for adoption.

New Additions

Content Sighs: It is said when the wind blows through the palm trees here, it sounds like women sighing in pleasure. There really isn't much here: just small palm trees, curious purple rocks with odd holes punched into them, and hermit crabs. Current price is NINE THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Crested Gecko: The sheer population of geckos here is astounding. The heat is quite intense, so we suggest bringing a healthy supply of sunscreen and a fan here. We ask that you leave the geckos undisturbed. Current price is SEVEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Rattus France: The island is designed to look like a faux France, complete with a steel Eiffel Tower and...rats. Rats everywhere. We ask that you don't kill the little creatures; they're actually quite friendly and make amazing pets. I hear you can even train them cook meals. Might want to look into that. Current price is EIGHT TOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Plastica la Carlos: This is an island of many DJ booths built for pegasi ponies and a factory for plastic products. Very strange combo, we know, but perhaps some nation will get some use out of it. Good for your economy and for raves! Current price is THIRTEEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Older Nations

Junebug in the Flowerlands: A quaint land of Earth Ponies and flowers, in which time seems to drag on into foreverness. It is quite a small island, and located in its center is a lake and a cottage. Current price is TEN THOUSAND THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES. Picture.

Cosplay for the Masses: An island of purple sand and many large, empty buildings. It's an excellent place to have conventions in. With its spacious land, cool temperatures, and the possibillity of seeing a woman strut by in nothing but a skinny jumpsuit, why wouldn't you want this place? Current price is FIFTEEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Aunt Orange: An island excellent at growing oranges. It's a bit on the large side, so perhaps a city could be built here. Of course, you can always keep it at its rural state. That's up to you. Current price is EIGHT THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Open Elections: Ironicly, this place would better serve a dictatorship. We dumped our failed Lib-erty bots here, and witnessed firsthand why they failed. They keep shorting out and yelling "We - bzzt- dictator - bzzt - need..." Perhaps a Father Knows Best state will take it, or maybe a democracy will snag it first and fix the robots. Current price is EIGHT THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

My Documents: Offices were built on this medium sized island, chock full of filing cabients. Excellent for record keeping. Current price is TEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Le Medic Class: We built empty buildings here, do with them what you like. As the name suggests, we'd like them to be medical schools, but that is really up to you. The sand is a brownish color, and you can usually find a few starfish laying about. However, going deeper into the island revels nothing but an awful wasteland, due to an unplanned explosion on our part. Earthworms seem to be abundant around there, but other than that, there's nothing in the middle but radioactive waste and a few dead bodies. Left there for your convience, of course! Current price is TEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

A Blanket Case: An island hosting a large factory. It produces blankets via advanced robots, who "sew" the blankets and package them. Current price is SIXITEEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Vocaloipon: An island of many stages and pits, intended for concerts and the like. We added a few small empty stands here and there; you can sell food and overpriced merchandise from them. Current price is TWELVE THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

The Harvest They Birth in Golden Sun: As the name suggests, it's a wonderful place for growing crops. Fields of wheat can be found here, swaying slowly in the wind. There's enough room to rotate the crops yearly, and enough room to build some nice country houses. At the moment, there's nothing much here besides birds, crops, and sun. Oh, and an insane dictator pony shipping over slaves from other countries to man the fields. Kinda forgot to mention that. Current price is FIFTEEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Punk Weddings: An island perfect for humans who wish to have an untraditional marriage. They can get married in our many tree houses, under the ocean via scuba diving, or perhaps in the heart of the jungle. You can make a lot of money off this one Current price is ELEVEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Bath Mat: A small island surrounded by seaponies and mermaids. Current price is FOUR THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.

Bridlemaids An island made to cater for weddings. It is surrounded by flowers, hosts a beautiful garden in its center, and was built to have a perfect view of the sun at sunset. If bought, you can turn this into a wedding attraction for your people to have weddings. Current price is ELEVEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES. Picture.

Eggheads in the Hospital: The only attraction here is a giant hospital specially desgned to help injured ponies. Current price isFOURTEEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES. Picture.

Severed Strings: Classic music halls have been placed around this island, as have opera houses. It is a perfect place for classical music and plays. There are also many tuxedo stores around here. Current price is ELEVEN THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES. Picture.
Last edited by Retro Lyra on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 am, edited 26 times in total.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:12 pm

THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC ISLES OF RETRO LYRA

“Boni Amici, Boni Libri, et Conscientia Somnolenta.”

FROM THE DESK OF DOCTOR GOODMAN
THE EXPERIMENT BUREAU

We're doing science and we're still alive! We'll grow old or die trying! The Experiment Bureau.

Attention! We have heard reports of explosions around the islands of Turrets United under GLaDOS, causing worry across Rlyra. Since the island is near our homeland, many citizens fear a hostile turret takeover, led by the senile AI known as GLaDOS. We are slashing the price of the island down to three thousand zeldian rupees on one condition: the buyer of this island takes it as far away as possible from us via military grade choppers! Hear our plee! And please, do be careful if you try to take over the labortory from the AI. She is clever, will get into your head, and will kill you after toying with you. Ignore all her promises of cake if you send troops inside.

Truly yours,
Doctor Goodman

Official Seal of Approval
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:38 pm

ISLAND OF THE DAY: EYE CANDY

Bringing you a short presentation of one lucky island!

Eye Candy is a small island inhabitated with a small tribe of women, These women were originally from Rlyra's Isle de Sol, but were forcefully removed from their tribe for being "bewitched": they appeared to be stronger than normal women, and their tribe was under the impression that it was witchcraft. It should be noted that these humans have a strong fear of unicorns, and should be kept away from them at all costs. We moved them to this island so they could have a peaceful home, and we pray that the buyer of the island will remember all they have been through.

A Small Picture Book:

An islander proudly poses for a picture.

A sketch of an islander, drawn from an artist's observations.

Not all members of the small tribe are cartoons.

Children often hang around the elders.

A picture of the island.

Current Price: FOUR THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 am

OoC: *le bump* Huh, thought this would be more popular.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Westros
Attaché

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Westros » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:20 pm

The Republic of Westros will like to buy Holy Water for the price of FIVE THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.
And with permision i will like to buy Dead Mau5 as well for FOUR THOUSAND ZELDIAN RUPEES.
Thank you
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:13 pm

OoC: Taken from the storefront's rules:

3) One puppet per nation. That is all I ask.

6) Your nation must be at least three months old to adopt.

So, no. You do not have my permission.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

HolyGate
Political Columnist

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby HolyGate » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am

Dear Owner of ALT Inc,
We have been viewing your prices and we have decided to adopt the colony of Great Mind.

Hope to hear from you,
King Samuel Mantis

The Royal Seal Of HolyGate
Last edited by HolyGate on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 am

The colony of Great Mind is all yours, then. That will be 500 Zeldian Rupees.

-The Experiment Bureau
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

HolyGate
Political Columnist

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby HolyGate » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 am

Retro Lyra wrote:The colony of Great Mind is all yours, then. That will be 500 Zeldian Rupees.

-The Experiment Bureau

The Money has been transfered to your account.
Pleasure doing buisness with you.

Britannic Realms
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannic Realms » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 am

Dear Sir,
We wish to buy the nation of Pencil Streak.

Yours faithfully,
Sir Cecil Trastrum
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
British, Bisexual, Protestant

Pro: civil rights for all, Scottish unionism, electoral reform, mixed economics, NATO, Commonwealth, foreign aid, nuclear weapons
Neutral: Irish unionism, European Union
Anti: fascism, communism, neoliberalism, populism
Disclaimer: Many of my past forum posts (particularly the oldest ones) are not representative of my current views, I'm way more progressive than I was back then lol.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Britannic Realms wrote:Dear Sir,

Yours faithfully,
Sir Cecil Trastrum

For two thousand zeldian rupees, it can be all yours.

-Experiment Bureau
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Britannic Realms
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannic Realms » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Retro Lyra wrote:
Britannic Realms wrote:Dear Sir,

Yours faithfully,
Sir Cecil Trastrum

For two thousand zeldian rupees, it can be all yours.

-Experiment Bureau

Two thousand zeldian rupees have been wired to your account. It's been a pleasure doing business with you.
British, Bisexual, Protestant

Pro: civil rights for all, Scottish unionism, electoral reform, mixed economics, NATO, Commonwealth, foreign aid, nuclear weapons
Neutral: Irish unionism, European Union
Anti: fascism, communism, neoliberalism, populism
Disclaimer: Many of my past forum posts (particularly the oldest ones) are not representative of my current views, I'm way more progressive than I was back then lol.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals, I want to buy it. How much?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:The Knockout Gun Gals, I want to buy it. How much?

Sir, if you had read the description off the island, you would have noticed that it says the price in bright red letters at the end of the paragraph. Nevertheless, eight thousand zeldian rupees is our price for the island.

-The Experiment Bureau
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Retro Lyra wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:The Knockout Gun Gals, I want to buy it. How much?

Sir, if you had read the description off the island, you would have noticed that it says the price in bright red letters at the end of the paragraph. Nevertheless, eight thousand zeldian rupees is our price for the island.

-The Experiment Bureau

Eight thousand zeldian rupees will be send to your country.

Signed,
Prime Minister of Research and Development for Science and Technology,
Mr. Amir Mubaraq
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:

-The Experiment Bureau

Eight thousand zeldian rupees will be send to your country.

Signed,
Prime Minister of Research and Development for Science and Technology,
Mr. Amir Mubaraq

Thank you for your buisness. It is appreciated.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Shameful Bump
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Pacolind
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacolind » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 am

Turrets United under GLaDOS, is it taken yet? :o

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Pacolind wrote:Turrets United under GLaDOS, is it taken yet? :o

OoC: Yes. :( However, if you are looking for more Portal themed regions, I'll be doing a shop update soon showcasing about six new Portal themed puppets.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:32 pm

-snip-
Last edited by Retro Lyra on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:22 am

Le shameful bump
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Isointania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isointania » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:46 am

I would like to purchase Chromtopia Madam *Doff's cap*

I'm doing a lot of cap doffing today.
Churchill Quotes:
A lie will get half way around the world while the truth is still putting his pants on

Although prepared for martyrdom, I prefer that it be postponed

I am ready to meet my maker, if my maker is ready to meet me is another matter

Call me Iso.
WARNING! MAY USE HEAVY SARCASM
My 1000 post.
British and proud!!!
23: 32nd. Yay.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Isointania wrote:I would like to purchase Chromtopia Madam *Doff's cap*

I'm doing a lot of cap doffing today.

For the ripoff amount of ten thousand rupees, it'll be all yours. Wire the money to us and we hand over the island.

-Dr. Goodman
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade