NATION

PASSWORD

Tipper mc Westy's Graphics [CLOSED - Clearing Backlog]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
The Western Reaches
Minister

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Tipper mc Westy's Graphics [CLOSED - Clearing Backlog]

Postby The Western Reaches » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Howdy there partner! Welcome to Tipper mc Westy's graphics. This thread is run by me (The Western Reaches) and Tippercommon. We both enjoy making graphics for NS, and have done so (a lot) in the past. I recommend that you read over the various sections of this thread so you see how things run, and so that your request is valid.

The current status of this thread is:

(New Requests will be disregarded until the thread is opened again)

Well, anything really. Any 2D graphics needed for your nation or your nationstates experience in general we can certainly manage. Tipper has also offered to help format storefronts. If you want help with BBCoding your storefront, he's available on request.

Before you ask:
- I use a combination of Inkscape (open source SVG editor), and GIMP (bitmap editor). Yes, both are free.
- Tippercommon uses GIMP. Yeah.

This little table shows the priority level of the various types of design you can order. Types closer to the top will be done faster than those at the bottom. It also tells you who does what, so you know who to have a go at if you're not satisfied (or majorly pissed off).

Order Priority HeirarchyResponsibility
Basic Editing: Resizing images, creating transparency, resizing the canvas, adjusting brightness and contrast.Either
Headers: Stylized text meant to act as titles on threads rather than bolded or text increased in size.Either
BB Coding: Teaching or implementing the use of NationState's BB Code to make your thread a tad more stylish or functionalTippercommon
Flags: Creating flags for nations.Either
Banners, Communiqués & Logos: Creating banners, logos and the like for your storefront or agency.The Western Reaches
Planets: Creating planets for your future tech nation.Either

Backlog:
- Krumbia (Storefront logo)
- Tanyx (Storefront logo)
- Lubeia (Communique)
- Morriah Coast (Flag & Communique)
- Austzechia (Communique)
- Jungastia (Storefront logo)
- Alte Koniggratz (Communique & Storefront banner)
- Aquitayne (Communique)
- Italian Maifias (Communique fix)

Whoa hold on there buckaroo! Let me first go over some guidelines for your request. If you follow these, you'll make sure your design is produced quickly and to the highest standard:

- First, CHECK THE TAG. If the thread's title and first post read "OPEN", you're free to post, if "CLOSED", we've got too much backlog for your request and will not be open again until the current pending designs have been completed. If you post a request while we are closed it will be disregarded and you will have to post again when we are open. You cannot reserve a place in the queue for when we are open. Continuous posting while we're closed will result in a permanent ban from the thread. You will also probably be yelled at.

- Please don't be rude to anyone else on the thread (that includes us). No one wants you to be happy with your design more than me, and we're happy to modify anything if you're not completely happy with it. If it's not exactly what you wanted, all you have to do is specify what needs changing.

- Be specific, we're not psychic. Add in as much detail, as in, EXACTLY what you want, unless you want to purposefully leave elements open to me and Tipper's deranged artistic minds (dangerous idea, but it sometimes works :P).

- Be patient, if your design is taking too long it's probably because it is complex and is taking time (this is especially prevalent in maps. They take ages). That being said, don't be afraid to check up on the status of your design. It may just be we've missed or forgotten your request.

- Remember that we're not obligated to actually make you anything. Sure, we'll do our best and will consult with you over any hurdles in the process, but in the end if your request is considered inappropriate we won't be doing it.

This is where finished designs will be kept for reference and egotistical purposes. Might post some old favourites here as examples too.
Last edited by The Western Reaches on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tipper mc Westy's Graphics
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Krytenia: Sleep first, post later.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Gauthier:The only thing higher than the rent... is Charlie Sheen.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.
San Pellegrino Romana: Let's make Hayaba puppets.

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:39 am

Now fried in beef fat.
Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 09, 1996 10:46 pm, edited 3.1416 times in total.
Looking for a Modern Tech Roleplay Region? Check out Anterra!

Attillion
Secretary

Founded: Apr 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Attillion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:03 am

Tipper,
I was hoping for a complex map based of this one... http://i53.tinypic.com/2i27rcz.jpg

Can you please complete the cut off peninsula of state 2, and the unfinished island off state 4.

Black Lines represent national borders, red are state borders.
Black dots are large cities, blue are state capitals, and gold is the national capital.
Total Area- 658,700 sq. mi.

The names for all the cities, states, mountains, lakes and rivers.

State 1: Comescar, (National) Capital: Syranova, City: Sal Sont.
State 2: Tillano, Capital: Lanceburgh.
State 3: Javabatin, Capital: Cascara.
State 4: Luzonado, Capital: Charonittis, City: Santimasimino.
State 5: Rasolif, Capital: Hunsburgh, City: Muse.
State 6: Gannon, Capital: Bayfield, Cities: Axelton, Byrden Lake City
State 7: Malses, Capital: Verton
State 8: Alaine, Capital: Alaine City, City: New Sparta
State 9. New Cannae, Capital: St. James City, City: Farina
State 10: Abari, Capital: Polden

Mountains in the North: The Pascale's
Mountains in the South: The Rhoda's
Lake in State 6: Byrden Lake
Lake in State 9: Lake Belatona
River in State's 2,3 and 6: The Illium River
River in State's 7 and 9: The Wildcat River

And Tipper or TWR, Could I also, get a flag made?

We are a very patriotic nation, conservative, similar to the US, but not as involved around the world.
Our Primary Colors are navy blue and gold, with white as well.
Our animal is a predatory bird, but this is not necessary in the flag.
We have the cross fitchy as a national symbol

Could you remake my poor quality flag? Anything new, preferably sleek and powerful! Just nothing to flashy or over the top. We are a very patriotic nation!

If this is to much I understand,

Thank You for your time.

Sincerely,

Attillion
Last edited by Attillion on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mesarian
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesarian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:36 am

I too would like to chip in and ask for a Complex map if possible.
I ordered one a while ago but i understand what i wanted was stupidly complicated and unnecesary so i've cut the order down and even drawn up a rough but helpful map showing everything that i would like - there's also a quick and organised worded verson saying whats on the map down in the spoiler.

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc397/Mesarain/?action=view&current=MesarianMap.png
Star=Capitol City
Circles=Cities
Pentagons=Military Bases
Blue Things=Lakes
Green Things=Large Forests (Probably unnecesary but i put them on anyway without thinking about it at the time :p)

Each Island holds certain landmarks along with the cities i'd like added if possible, also all of the islands are mostly flat but Masire and Ria are quite hilly, Ria has a Mountain as well.
NOTE: The Names of each Lake and River aren't required to be put on, im just adding them because im copying this list for my own benefit to keep track of what River/Lake is where.

Mesa: Cities: Orias (The Capitol City), Cair, Kanton. Rivers: River Nesaiu runs through Orias (Military Complex: SWORD Base)

Titan:[/b Just a massive Military HQ, with N-S Zeta, the main complex, being located on the West Coast, also Area 092 is located in the South. Lakes: Andromeda Lake.

[b]Kiener:
Cities: Newark. Rivers: Sutton River. Lakes: Sutton Lake. (Military Complex: Riverhead Base, located at the mouth of Sutton River.)

Telsar: Cities: Talon City, Hessar. Rivers: Nelson River. Lakes: Hellun Lake.

Masire: Cities: Mentar, New Kanton. Land: A Hilly area located North of Mentar, called the Peak District. (Military Complex: Falco Base, sat in the hills of the peak district)

Shilen: Cities: Helon City, Troy, Jiantor, Jacinto. Rivers: River Zane. Lakes: Peyli Lake. (Military Complex: Taylor Harbor)

Ria: Cities: Blanc City. Rivers: Kellar River, River Santiago (Both run from Cap Dsitrict). Lakes: Zerin Lake. Land: The Cap District, a hilly area with a mountain - Mount Lieman in the centre. (Military Complex: Proximity Base sits on the Northern Peninsula)

Forests :- Noteam Forest - Shexon Forest - Teron Forest (Surrounds Mount Lieman

If you decide to take this on then Thank you very much.

Mesarian Factbook
Embassy Program
Slovitrean Arms Store Front - They helped design and now distribute our M1000 Sniper
3rd ever Mesarian Election!
Hayaba wrote:
Blademasters765 wrote:*puts guns to head, pulls trigger, falls to ground*

I simply have fond memories of the Manchurian Republic.

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:
Mesarian wrote:Yeah but i have the feeling that in Hayaba's mind we are all his slaves... and he can RP properly... which obviously means he's mentally ill and needs help

He is beyond help and I'm not his sex slave, I know your all thinking it!

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:46 am

Hey TWR, Nice to see you again!

Simply put, I was wondering if you could take my national map, found in sig, and redo it for me in GIMP/Inkscape. For obviously obvious reasons, I need a simpler one that I can edit easily

Also, think you could scramble together a comminque for muah please? Thanks
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

BalSwalvia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby BalSwalvia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:57 am

Nifty storefront!

Could I get you guys to make both a flag and a communique emblem?

Flag details:
I don't really care what it looks like (I trust you guys to construct a good flag) it just needs to include the dark blue and white colors of the Azores flag (my current flag) and a gold hawk (doesn't have to be like the one in the Azores flag.) I really like my current flag, I just feel weird with using a real world flag..

Communique Emblem details:
A coat-of-arms-esque that includes the dark blue and white colors of the Azores flag, a gold hawk and a laurel wreath.

If it helps at all, my country is sort a of imperialistic, monarchic, Victorian eastern European nation.
The Glorious Grand Duchy of BalSwalvia (Га Стоня Дачи во БалСwалвя) is an Absolute Monarchy, headed by Grand Duke Sergei Ryzhov. Citizens are not burdened with political responsibility, as their Glorious Grand Duke is gracious enough to alleviate them of these decisions. Besides, ordinary people aren't fit to govern themselves. Just as a child is unfit to decide their own bedtime, so too are people unfit to construct the laws by which they abide.
Embassy Program

Cybus1
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:34 am

What do you mean by making planets?
I don't use NS stats, please refer to the factbooks. Terms to use: Cybus, Cybusian, The Infinite Cybusian Empire. Feel free to TG with suggestions, comments, feedback, questions, etc, especially about factbooks.
Regal and powerful; they carry an air about them that is inherently oppressive, the air of a trillion years of ancestry. -Kaedijork.
Great Gatsby, featuring some shape-shifting ability and more sci-fi elements. - Zitravgrad

Our Military
New Q&A!
News: / Sons of Mercer raid on foreign Human colony results in over 10,500 deaths or Consumptions in only two hours; dropships flee through Jaunt portal, escape. Imperial govt offers to assist investigation.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Cybus1 wrote:What do you mean by making planets?

Like that, but with any kind of planet surface and atmosphere you want.
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.

Cybus1
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Could I have a planet with seas of lava and 1 large black megacontinent with supervolcanos all over it? It will be called Pryovilla 1.
I don't use NS stats, please refer to the factbooks. Terms to use: Cybus, Cybusian, The Infinite Cybusian Empire. Feel free to TG with suggestions, comments, feedback, questions, etc, especially about factbooks.
Regal and powerful; they carry an air about them that is inherently oppressive, the air of a trillion years of ancestry. -Kaedijork.
Great Gatsby, featuring some shape-shifting ability and more sci-fi elements. - Zitravgrad

Our Military
New Q&A!
News: / Sons of Mercer raid on foreign Human colony results in over 10,500 deaths or Consumptions in only two hours; dropships flee through Jaunt portal, escape. Imperial govt offers to assist investigation.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:Also, think you could scramble together a comminque for muah please? Thanks

Anything particular?

Krumbia
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Krumbia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Would it be possible to make me a nice logo for this? I really have no preference, but aslong as it says Krumbian World Sports Competition I in it, I don't care. I wouldn't like any pictures, unless it is something really appropriate. And yes, I fail at art so much that I can't make a 2d graphic on the computer. :palm:

Kentsland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentsland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Very nice looking store front!

I would like this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/Armoiries_Luxembourg_Bourbon_avec_ornements.svg/525px-Armoiries_Luxembourg_Bourbon_avec_ornements.svg.png

re-sized to like a thumbail. Like 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches. Understand?

Also I would like you to write "The Grand Duchy of Kentsland" in a nice font. I do not have any font in mind, but I would like if it was a serious and dark-thin print and if it could portray these traits in the font, "Strong, Standing Tall, Brave,".

Thank you tons in advance.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:03 pm

The Western Reaches wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Also, think you could scramble together a comminque for muah please? Thanks

Anything particular?

Don't make it look like Imagey's, make it a little more spread out. That's it.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Cybus1 wrote:Could I have a planet with seas of lava and 1 large black megacontinent with supervolcanos all over it? It will be called Pryovilla 1.

Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 09, 1996 10:46 pm, edited 3.1416 times in total.

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Kentsland wrote:
Very nice looking store front!

I would like this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/Armoiries_Luxembourg_Bourbon_avec_ornements.svg/525px-Armoiries_Luxembourg_Bourbon_avec_ornements.svg.png

re-sized to like a thumbail. Like 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches. Understand?

Also I would like you to write "The Grand Duchy of Kentsland" in a nice font. I do not have any font in mind, but I would like if it was a serious and dark-thin print and if it could portray these traits in the font, "Strong, Standing Tall, Brave,".

Thank you tons in advance.

Version With Text:

Thumbnail:

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Attillion wrote:
Tipper,
I was hoping for a complex map based of this one... http://i53.tinypic.com/2i27rcz.jpg

Can you please complete the cut off peninsula of state 2, and the unfinished island off state 4.

Black dots are large cities, blue are state capitals, and gold is the national capital.

Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Attillion
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Attillion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Tippercommon wrote:
Attillion wrote:
Tipper,

Absolutely Amazing. :clap: :bow: :clap: Thank You so Much!

Tanyx
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanyx » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Hello, could I please get a logo for Tribal Airways? I would like to have TRIBAL AIRWAYS written onto it, as well as some tribal-like designs around it.

Thanks in advance!

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:33 am

Attillion wrote:And Tipper or TWR, Could I also, get a flag made?

We are a very patriotic nation, conservative, similar to the US, but not as involved around the world.

Could you remake my poor quality flag? Anything new, preferably sleek and powerful! Just nothing to flashy or over the top. We are a very patriotic nation!

Ok, I couldn't decide which colour scheme looked better so I made you two. :)

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:43 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:
The Western Reaches wrote:Anything particular?

Lubeia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubeia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:55 am

Hi! Could you make a communique and flag for Lubeia please?

We would like it if it had the eagle from here:

and the colours: dark blue (like the current flag), white, red, and black (don't use black if it doesn't look good). For the flag I would suggest the layout to be something similar to Norway/Iceland or the Seycelles flags. But that's not set in stone.

Thank you very much!

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:

Uno problemo.

IC name is Twin Amanitte Empire of Itailia. If you could fix, it would be wonderful.
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Attillion
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Attillion » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Attillion wrote:And Tipper or TWR, Could I also, get a flag made?

Ok, I couldn't decide which colour scheme looked better so I made you two. :)

That Is Awesome! Would you also be able to post just a copy of them without the wings (but with the cross), I will use it for my military flag. Thank You so much, I can understand if you can't.
Last edited by Attillion on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austzechia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Austzechia » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Could you do something similar to what you did here?

I would like the top bar Blue, middle yellow, and bottom green. Replace the wolf with an outline of the skull helmet from this guy:

For the text
Top line: The Empire of Austzechia
Compound1-Thereck
Bottom line: Same
Last edited by Austzechia on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morriah Coast
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Morriah Coast » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Note: I slightly modified my second request

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could commision few things...and having seen your work on maps, some of that later as well.

1) Could you redesign my flag a bit, and make it less...JPEG-y? It looks pretty bad zoomed in.
-Keep most of it the same. Don't change the colours much please.
-Redesign the dragon slightly. Only so that it looks a bit different, as I took it off the web and hate to take something copyrighted. Make the tail curve with the ring, and keep his chin up high. And make sure he still looks cute. <- This is the most important part
-Could you also reduce the amount of boxes in the ring to 9

2) Could you also make me one of those communique things? Just have the ring with the dragon inside to the left and right (which I will refer to as EMBLEM), and centered between the emblems will say "An Official Communication from the Government of Morriah Coast"...formatted like so:

EMBLEM An Official Communique from the EMBLEM
Government of Morriah Coast

and have "Government of Morriah Coast" slightly larger than the former as well.

You can find the source image of the dragon here

If you could do this for me, that would be great, and like I said, I'll be back for some mapwork later, if that'd be okay.
Last edited by Morriah Coast on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade