NATION

PASSWORD

Galaxic Hitchhikers Infinite Universe Store!

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Galaxic Hitchhikers Infinite Universe Store!

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 am

The diversity of the universe is infinite. The definition of infinite is: "anything you can possibly think of and one more thing". And so it stands to reason that an infinite amount of people can obtain an infinite variety of objects from this infinite, or even an infinite number of them for an infinite amount of cash. Inversely, an infinite amount of space requires an infinite population to populate it, and so infinite divided by infinite equals one. Meaning in absolutely any finite given area in the universe, there is one inhabitant and one object.

But say! That one inhabitant can purchase that one object for only one NS dollar, and so perserve the nature of the universe from paradoxial harm!

That being said, the money-minded state of Galaxic Hitchhikers has opened a store to take advantage of the infinite nature of the universe. As our simple mathematical proof indicates, one person may at any one time buy one object for one NS dollar. Unfortunately, there is an improbabilty formula that indicates that our array of items will not be infinite. Indeed, it's highly probable that we can only offer our super-advanced-multi-headed-rotating-swivel-push-polisher toothbrush.

We would also say that we would offer this deal for an infinite time, but more concrete evidence seems to indicate that unlike its other dimensions, the lifespan of the universe is not infinite, so we can only offer our deal for a finite amount of time. (But look! One can divide a finite amount an infinite number of times, so in a sense the universe, and time, is infinite!)

So, for an (in)finite time, we will offer 1 super-advanced-multi-headed-rotating-swivel-push-polisher toothbrush for 1 NS dollar. However, keep in mind that this deal is only available for one person per object, so we will take it at your word that each toothbrush you buy is intended for one person only.

Besides, it's incredibly bad hygiene to share your toothbrush, and it's bloody uncomfortable to put multiple toothbrushes in your mouth at once.
Last edited by Galaxic Hitchhikers on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:03 pm

I'll Bloody Take That Toothbrush!
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Here you go Noders, your own Galaxic Hitchhikers super-advanced-multi-headed-rotating-swivel-push-polisher toothbrush, and we'll thank you for that one dollar.

Feel proud! You have contributed to keeping the nature of the universe intact!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:14 pm

I'll take a toothbrush, good sir, and a towel if you have one.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 pm

That'll be one dollar for the toothbrush, sir Nightkill. As for the towel, I'll lend you one free of charge. Just remember to return it before leaving the planet.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Any one else? I sense a sad lack of duty on part of the inhabitants of this universe. If they were extra-dimensional super-beings from out-of-universe I'd understand, but tsk tsk, this'll never do.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Will you not take a toothbrush, sir? I've box of toothbrushes. There is great pride in buying a toothbrush from this store. Greeeeaaaat pride. We'll even monogram it for you. Pfft, I've a box of pre-monogramed ones too.

Prizyetsa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Prizyetsa » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:30 pm

I want a tothbrush too! And a towel if you have one...
Last edited by Prizyetsa on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:40 pm

Here you go, one super lucky super-advanced-multi-headed-rotating-swivel-push-polisher toothbrush coming up!

But about the towel, Nightkill borrowed mine. So you will have to wait a few minutes while I borrow another towel from Random Citizen to lend to you. Sorry for the inconvenience if the reason you asked was to escape a hungry Bugblatter Beast or some equal unpleasantry requiring quick application of a towel.

Kubrath
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kubrath » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:35 am

Gimmie them toothbrushes, about 100 of them.
Kubrath Embassy Program
If your commanders are surprised every time they lose a squad, they probably die several minutes into a campaign due to being critically over-gasped.

North Valinka: What kind of an oxymoron is "Libertarian Police State"?
Petroviya: It arrests law makers.

Phocidaea wrote:Maybe democracy isn't the way?

Of course democracy is the way, dammit! There is no such thing as too much democracy!

Fuckin' dictatorships.

Sociobiology wrote:This is the problem with trying to understand the universe with a brain evolved to find ripe fruit and scream defiance at the ape in the next tree.

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 am

I'll take one super-advanced-multi-headed-rotating-swivel-push-polisher toothbrush. Here's a dollar.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:47 am

We'd take one of those toothbrushes for one NS dollar, please. :D
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Kubrath wrote:Gimmie them toothbrushes, about 100 of them.

We will have to assume you intend to pass these out to your various citizens. The point is to give out toothbruthes for one dollar per one person, and we will have to assume that jamming 100 toothbrushes in your mouth at once, especially electric ones, should be incredibly painful.

Don't bother collecting one dollar from each person you hand these out to, however. As you are their government you probably have their money anyway.
Swkoll wrote:I'll take one super-advanced-multi-headed-rotating-swivel-push-polisher toothbrush. Here's a dollar.

Here you go, and thank you! We are pleased to present to you a free present, as accompanies every fifth customer's purchase. It's a triple-sized mousetrap with a big button on the trigger and a label that reads "I Saved the Universe. Press the Button For Any More D*** Service." Thank you for your patronage!
Sungai Pusat wrote:We'd take one of those toothbrushes for one NS dollar, please. :D

Thank you! You now have a right to feel proud, having helped contribute to saving the universe one toothbrush at a time!

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:45 pm

I DON'T BLOODY CARE I WILL TAKE ANOTHER ONE!
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:57 am

Galaxic Hitchhikers wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:We'd take one of those toothbrushes for one NS dollar, please. :D

Thank you! You now have a right to feel proud, having helped contribute to saving the universe one toothbrush at a time!

Hooray! Now, only if I could get even more..... how about a billion for 4% of my nation? XD

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Noders wrote:I DON'T BLOODY CARE I WILL TAKE ANOTHER ONE!

Well, I see no problem with accepting another dollar from you if you've already used up your other one. My goodness, what big teeth you must have.

Sungai Pusat wrote:Hooray! Now, only if I could get even more..... how about a billion for 4% of my nation? XD

A billion? My good sir! My very good sir! That wins you instant favortism around here. Why don't you sit down? Will you have a cup of tea? How about some crumpets, sir? Take the whole bloody box if you please.

A billion toothbrushes equals a billion dollars. Very fine, very jolly fine indeed.

Diol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:53 am

The imperial ministry for toothbrushes

Oi! You! If you don't bloody hand over 1.896 trillion of your bloody touthbrushes, i'm gonna smash your head in with a defi-kill ray.
Also, i would like 1000000000000000 litres of a liquid that tastes not entirely unlike vodka.

Give it! Now! Do it!
the silver isles
An up and comming rp region with an active community!
I rp as the united vakali empire in all techs
Proud slaver state. All arguments accepted and answered.
Note: I am blind. Expect terrible grammar, as it is hard to skim posts with screen reader.

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:11 pm

I'll take one toothbrush and if you have any soft drinks I am thirsty as well.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Diol wrote:The imperial ministry for toothbrushes

Oi! You! If you don't bloody hand over 1.896 trillion of your bloody touthbrushes, i'm gonna smash your head in with a defi-kill ray.
Also, i would like 1000000000000000 litres of a liquid that tastes not entirely unlike vodka.

Give it! Now! Do it!

1.896 trillion toothbrushes! My word, Sungai Pusat, you will have to give up those crumpets to our NEW best customer, Diol. Thank you very much, I see that saving the universe in a noble and profitable business after all.

As for your 1x10^15 litres of a liquid that tastes not entirely unlike vodka, may I present you with some Advanced Vodka Substitute (AVS)? It tastes absolutely almost not entirely unlike vodka, and courtesy of the Nutrimat, one of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's finest inventions! Share and enjoy!

Maroza wrote:I'll take one toothbrush and if you have any soft drinks I am thirsty as well.

That'll be one dollar for the toothbrush, and you are perfectly welcome to a cup of Advanced Soda Substitute (ASS), courtesy of the same Nutrimat as the feller above got.

But say, you are our next fifth customer! That entitles you to a free gift! So let me present to you a free automatic-firing Kill-O-Zap rifle, guaranteed to kill on zap.

Diol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm

"I will not share this horrible drink with my friends, i want to keep them!"
"Listen carefully, make vodka..."
the silver isles
An up and comming rp region with an active community!
I rp as the united vakali empire in all techs
Proud slaver state. All arguments accepted and answered.
Note: I am blind. Expect terrible grammar, as it is hard to skim posts with screen reader.

Galaxic Hitchhikers
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Galaxic Hitchhikers » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Diol wrote:"I will not share this horrible drink with my friends, i want to keep them!"
"Listen carefully, make vodka..."

The Nutrimat tsk-tsks at Diol. "Dearie," its answers patronizingly, "you have not finished the lovely cup of Advanced Vodka Substitute I made for you. No matter, you let it get cold. I will make another." The Nutrimat hums and then produces a plastic cup filled with steamy, foamy brown liquid. "Drink it up, dear. And remember, Sirus Cybernetics Corporation: we make you plastic pals that are fun to be with!"

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Diol wrote:The imperial ministry for toothbrushes

Give it! Now! Do it!

1.896 trillion toothbrushes! My word, Sungai Pusat, you will have to give up those crumpets to our NEW best customer, Diol. Thank you very much, I see that saving the universe in a noble and profitable business after all.

As for your 1x10^15 litres of a liquid that tastes not entirely unlike vodka, may I present you with some Advanced Vodka Substitute (AVS)? It tastes absolutely almost not entirely unlike vodka, and courtesy of the Nutrimat, one of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's finest inventions! Share and enjoy!

Maroza wrote:I'll take one toothbrush and if you have any soft drinks I am thirsty as well.

That'll be one dollar for the toothbrush, and you are perfectly welcome to a cup of Advanced Soda Substitute (ASS), courtesy of the same Nutrimat as the feller above got.

But say, you are our next fifth customer! That entitles you to a free gift! So let me present to you a free automatic-firing Kill-O-Zap rifle, guaranteed to kill on zap.

Why thank you.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Nomiro
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nomiro » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:28 pm

I, Nomiro's brilliant leader, would like to order one billion and forty-two of your toothbrushes for the upcoming national holiday of "Toothbrush Day". Its always a nightmare getting toothbrushes, but you can apparently make it easy.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:59 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:Hooray! Now, only if I could get even more..... how about a billion for 4% of my nation? XD

A billion? My good sir! My very good sir! That wins you instant favortism around here. Why don't you sit down? Will you have a cup of tea? How about some crumpets, sir? Take the whole bloody box if you please.

A billion toothbrushes equals a billion dollars. Very fine, very jolly fine indeed.

Why, thank you. :D

Firelegin
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Firelegin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:56 am

i would like one... for one dollar

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade