NATION

PASSWORD

Maritime Imperial [Naval and Civilian Shipwrights'] [Closed]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Greatings, we would like to order 6 container ships
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:11 am

Awesome Break-Away of 250land wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested ten (10) Pelican-class stern trawlers shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect delivery of your order to be completed within the next eighteen (18) months. The net price of your order is 180,000,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228].

Please find attached a schematic of the Pelican-class in your requested livery. We thank you for your custom and look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:34 am

Australian Republic wrote:Greatings, we would like to order 6 container ships

Sir,
We the Greatings are satisfied by your decision to grovel before us and plead for dispensation to order our watercraft. It pleases us to receive your supplications, but we would grow tired of them ere long and thus shall grant you a boon unlooked-for: namely, that we would grant not only permission but also these ships to you without your further, tiresome rogation.

To meet your dutiful obligation to the Greatings, you must bequeath to us your solemn tithe of 510,000,000 NSD. Only then, and after a period of eighteen months, will we hear your prayers and confer upon you the blessings of six (6) Sejanus-class container ships.

By the will of the Greatings, may it so come to pass.
Keith Mulcahy
Chiefest among the Greatings

Last edited by Maltropia on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Greatings, we would like to order 6 container ships

Sir,
We the Greatings are satisfied by your decision to grovel before us and plead for dispensation to order our watercraft. It pleases us to receive your supplications, but we would grow tired of them 'ere long and thus shall grant you a boon unlooked-for: namely, that we would grant not only permission but also these ships to you without your further, tiresome rogation.

To meet your dutiful obligation to the Greatings, you must bequeath to us your solemn tithe of 510,000,000 NSD. Only then, and after a period of eighteen months, will we hear your prayers and confer upon you the blessings of six (6) Sejanus-class container ships.

By the will of the Greatings, may it so come to pass.
Keith Mulcahy
Chiefest among the Greatings

M'am. Thank you forassuming that our nation has no women working in the purchasing departments of our largest shipping companies
-Alex Hart, purchasing department
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Greetings, we would like to order an additional container ship
-Kim Roberts, purchasing department of the same individual company

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Australian Republic wrote:-snip*2-

Assorted recipients,
Thank you for your letters. I would firstly like to refer the Purchasing Department representative known as Alex Hart to any English grammar book published in the last few decades and to a comprehensive dictionary of your choice. Failing that, I shall take it upon myself to inform you that traditionally one writes utilising masculine pronouns when one is unaware of the recipient's sex. This is because in English, which lacks a naturally gender-neutral pronoun less insulting than 'it', masculine pronouns act as a non-assumptive stopgap. It is not, as you have smugly assumed, a sexist relic of an intolerant age. Seeing as common courtesy is so offensive, however, I shall endeavour to omit respect from my future letters to you, if that would be preferable. I apologise sincerely for the offence that my understanding of social etiquette has caused you.

I would like to thank Kim Roberts for the amendment to the prior order for six Sejanus-class container ships. This seventh craft may be purchased for the sum of 81,600,000 NSD, as your firm is now eligible for a returning customers discount. Please lodge payment, in full, in our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228].

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:07 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:-snip*2-

Assorted recipients,
Thank you for your letters. I would firstly like to refer the Purchasing Department representative known as Alex Hart to any English grammar book published in the last few decades and to a comprehensive dictionary of your choice. Failing that, I shall take it upon myself to inform you that traditionally one writes utilising masculine pronouns when one is unaware of the recipient's sex. This is because in English, which lacks a naturally gender-neutral pronoun less insulting than 'it', masculine pronouns act as a non-assumptive stopgap. It is not, as you have smugly assumed, a sexist relic of an intolerant age. Seeing as common courtesy is so offensive, however, I shall endeavour to omit respect from my future letters to you, if that would be preferable. I apologise sincerely for the offence that my understanding of social etiquette has caused you.

I would like to thank Kim Roberts for the amendment to the prior order for six Sejanus-class container ships. This seventh craft may be purchased for the sum of 81,600,000 NSD, as your firm is now eligible for a returning customers discount. Please lodge payment, in full, in our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228].

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

There's one simple way to fix this- dear sir/ma'am

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:09 pm

[OOC: It's not happening. Now, please let me run my storefront without converting it into Mad Libs. Thank you.]

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:21 pm

We need six CIVILIAN ice breakers, please

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:11 am

Australian Republic wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested six (6) Argalium-class nuclear icebreakers shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect delivery of your order to be completed within the next eighteen (18) months. The net price of your order is 439,920,000 NSD, as your firm is eligible for a returning customers discount, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228].

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Maltropia wrote:

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested six (6) Argalium-class nuclear icebreakers shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect delivery of your order to be completed within the next eighteen (18) months. The net price of your order is 439,920,000 NSD, as your firm is eligible for a returning customers discount, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228].

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Thank You!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:06 pm

If you were o build a factory in our nation, you would get even more business

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial. I am delighted to hear of your confidence in Maritime Imperial, and I agree that we would likely thrive if we were to establish shipyards in the Australian Republic. If your represented government believes our presence in your country would be beneficial - and, we can assure you, it would - then we would must wholeheartedly encourage them to send us an invitation to establish such a presence.

We look forward to future and thoroughly detailed correspondence in re our future involvement with your state.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:50 pm

That was from the government. Our government departments may not purchase items manufactured overseas

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:07 am

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial. I am uncertain as to why we are receiving alternating correspondence from private firms and the government of the Australian Republic. In future, please provide us with your information so that we might know with whom we are corresponding, and please convey this request to your government for the same reason. If your represented government believes our presence in your country would be beneficial, then we would must wholeheartedly encourage them to send us a formal invitation to establish such a presence.

We look forward to future and thoroughly detailed correspondence in re our future involvement with your state.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Noordenstaat
Secretary

Founded: Jun 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noordenstaat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:36 am

Dear Mr. Mulcahy,

I am contacting you on behalf of the Royal Navy of Noordenstaat and the Ministry of Defense of Noordenstaat. We are currently expanding our fleet with new vessels. Our colleagues from Astyrian Treaty Organisation, which Noordenstaat is a member of, and colleagues from the Kingdom of Nikolia, we heard only good things about your world renowned products. Therefore, following their suggestion, we would like to order one (1) Belisarius nuclear ELINT ship and three (3) Agrippa harbour tugs.
In the same time, i would like to request from your company to open two (2) shipyards with repair facilities in Noordenstaat.

Looking forward to your response,

-Bert Hoedemaeker
Minister of Defense, the Kingdom of Noordenstaat

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Dear Maritime Imperial, the federal government, in conjunction with the following states is providing you permission to open ONE (1) factory in New South Wales, Victoria or South Australia
In the following locations:
New South Wales:
Rydalmere (or surrounds) Sydney
Anywhere in the industrial areas of the city of Newcastle
Port Kembla, Wollongong (Illawarra)

Victoria:
Port Melbourne (Melbourne)

South Australia:
Port Adelaide (Adelaide)

Judy Waters, pHd, spokeswoman, federal department of secondary industries
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:01 am

Noordenstaat wrote:-snip-

Minister Hoedemaeker,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish two (2) shipyards within your represented state of Noordenstaat. Indeed, I am delighted to be able to assure you that these sites will be developed as requested as shipyard and repair facilities for your nation and the region of Astyria. Over the next 5 years we will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards.

We at Maritime Imperial and Tethys Mara are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors, and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested one (1) Belisarius-class nuclear ELINT ship and three (3) Agrippa-class harbour tugs shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect completion of your order within the next twelve (12) months. The net price of your order is 289,728,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. Thank you for your custom.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Last edited by Maltropia on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:19 pm

The Ministry of The Armed Forces for The Empire of Common Territories

To: Keith Mulcahy, Chief Executive Officer; Maritime Imperial.
From: Min. Prince Charles C., Ministry of the Armed Forces of TECT; The Empire of Common Territories.
Subject: Military ship procurement.
Encryption: Highest.

Dear Mr. Mulcahy,

On behalf of my Emperor, His Imperial Royal Majesty, Emperor JC, The Empire of Common Territories wishes to express its interest in purchasing naval vessels for the Imperial Navy of TECT. After extensive search internationally, and deep consideration of domestic production, leadership have made the final decision to purchase a large order of ELINT vessels from your company. Imperial Naval leaders have shown great interest in the Belisarius-class nuclear-powered ELINT ship and the Gracchus-class ELINT ship, both of which would fulfill gaps in in the Imperial Navy's intelligence gathering apparatus; the wide variety of operations around the world for Imperial Naval forces require such sturdy and powerful ship assets. Therefore, it is my honor, on behalf of my Emperor, that I place an order on behalf of the Imperial Navy of TECT. Please refer bellow to our selection and quantity of vessels; also note that the Imperial Navy will be installing native defense systems once acquired - this would include CIWS' and other weapons stations. We (the TECT Imperial Government and Armed Forces) hope this is the beginning of a long and respectable relationship.

• 35 Belisarius-class nuclear-powered ELINT ships.
  • 65 Gracchus-class ELINT ships.
  • Grand Total: $19,275,000,000 NSD. To be paid over the next five years in a yearly payment plan ($3,855,000,000 NSD a year), if that's acceptable.

Sincerely,
Minister Prince Charles C.
The Ministry of the Armed Forces of TECT

From: Jochen Friedrich, Chief Executive Officer; Meer Fisheries Incorporated.
Subject: Procurement of fleet replacement trawlers.
Encryption: Standard.

Dear Mr. Mulcahy,

Let me introduce myself, and my company. My name is Jochen Friedrich and I am the CEO of Meer Fisheries; I have resided as CEO for over twenty long years and have had the honor of leading my company into the modern age of industrial fishing. Meer Fisheries is a large TECT based fishing company that catches, processes, and sells a large variety of fish and fish based products; we catch just about every saltwater fish available and provide countless customers around the Empire with fresh fish products - whether we package it ourselves or distribute our product to food companies. We have a long and respectable history of trawling the Commoner Oceans, where we're one of the largest fisheries trawling in oceans packed with competition. Although our exports are limited in scale and provide little income for the company, it is my hope that our business here today sends our company into overdrive. I contact you today seeking to procure new, better, trawlers to replace our aging fleet. It is with hope that by upgrading and expanding our fleet of trawlers with your company's vessels that we can truly expand our business into a powerhouse capable of much larger exports. Please refer bellow to our selection and quantity of vessels. We (Meer Fisheries and myself) hope this is the beginning of a long and respectable relationship.

• 42 Pelican-class factory stern trawler.
  • 120 Osprey-class deep-sea trawler.
  • Grand Total: $1,956,000,000 NSD. To be paid over the next five years in a yearly payment plan ($391,200,000 NSD a year), if that's acceptable.

Sincerely,
CEO Jochen Friedrich.
Meer Fisheries Incorporated

From: Engel Schwarz, Chief Executive Officer; Foerstner Whaling.
Subject: Procurement of fleet replacement vessels.
Encryption: Standard.

Dear Mr. Mulcahy,

Let me introduce myself, and my company. My name is Engel Schwarz and I am the CEO of Foerstner Whaling; I founded my business over two decades ago after growing up working on the high seas, fishing and whaling on my family's boat. Foerstner Whaling isn't a large fishery and we're still growing, but I am proud of how much our company has established itself in a highly competitive whaling sector. We here at Foerstner Whaling pride ourselves on hard work, family values, and brotherhood in order to productively, and safely, make an honest living - these are all principles I live by on a daily basis and founded this company under. Although my company can't fulfill many export contracts yet, it is my hope that our business here today will propel my company to a new height - a scale so high that my company will be capable of catching more product, providing more jobs, and finally exporting high quality whaling products across the world. I contact you today seeking to procure new and better whaling vessels to replace our aged fleet of whaling ships. It is with hope that by upgrading and expanding our fleet of vessels with your company's high quality catalogue that we can truly expand our business into what I know we're truly capable of. Please refer bellow to our order and preferred payment plan - our company isn't as wealthy, so I hope such a plan is acceptable. I hope this is the beginning of a long and respectable relationship between our two companies.

• 55 Thebes-class whaler ships.
  • Grand Total: $825,000,000 NSD. To be paid over the next five years in a yearly payment plan ($165,000,000 NSD a year), if that's acceptable.

Sincerely,
CEO Engel Schwarz.
Foerstner Whaling

The United Federation of Chasetopia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Federation of Chasetopia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Official Announcement / Request
of Chase & Company Inc.

To Mr. Keith Mulcahy,

Chase & Company Inc., wishes to bring to your CEO or President the following proposal. We show great interest in your business due to the quality that you and your business create. We wish to request that you provide your services for us. We wish to purchase:

40 Mucianus-class supertankers (NS $10 billion USD)
100 Sejanus-class container ships (NS $8.5 billion USD)
Grand Total: NS $10.5 billion USD

We are confident that this letter will reach you on good terms and that the terms are acceptable.

We look forward to hearing back from you and wish your company's / nation's continued success.

Godspeed,
Chase N. McClure, President and CEO, Chase & Company Inc.

Official Announcement / Request
of The United Federation of Chasetopia

To Mr. Keith Mulcahy,

The United Federation of Chasetopia would like for you to expand your growing business into our nation. As an incentive we offer 0% in taxes for the first two years you are in our country. We are confident that this letter will reach you on good terms and that the terms are acceptable.

Nation name: The United Federation of Chasetopia
Number of shipyards: 10

We look forward to hearing back from you and wish your nation's continued success.

Godspeed,
Chase N. McClure, President of the UFoC
News Ticker
The military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos, debate rages over whether ground fish guts can be spread on fields, and justice is available only to those who can afford its price tag.

Factbooks:
[National Factbook] [Department of Defense Report]
Storefront:
(Chase & Company Inc. Petroleum)
Pro: Right-Wing, Theocracy, Alt-Right, Nationalism
Against: Globalism, Left-Wing Politics, SJWs, PC Police, China, Islam
"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face." ~Ronald Reagan

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:32 am

Doctor Waters,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish one (1) shipyard within your represented nation of the Australian Republic. Indeed, considering present levels of demand for Maritime Imperial's products within your nation, I am delighted to be able to assure you that this site will be developed as a fully-fledged production facility for your region. Maritime Imperial is interested in establishing its Australian presence in the vicinity of Rydalmere, and shall collaborate with the relevant agencies in conducting feasibility studies with a view to commencing operations by 2019. Naturally we hope demand will increase further with time as our reputation continues to build in your nation, and over the next 10 years will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards, should this be considered acceptable and prudent by your own relevant agencies and ministries.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Greater Belgrade
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Belgrade » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:07 am

The Communist Party Of Greater Belgrade Requires Your Services.

We require you to build a Sea fort off the Coast of the Adriatic Sea

Give Us your price.

Build this maritime structure in the style of a Oil rig, But gun positions.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Dear Maritime Imperial, we appologise profusly for this mistak, but Rydalmere is the only of those locations unsuitable for ship manufactuer, as it is located on a river to small to be able to immediatwly dump large ships in the water, and any barges which are constructed are small enough to be transported by road and rail. Also, the Parramatta River, the location of Rydalmere, is too small tonjustify barges. We do appologise for this, but Rydalmere is the only location unsuitable. The next closest locations are Port Kembla and Necastle, with Port Kembla slightly closer to Sydney. Of coarse, the option still exists of manufacturing in Rydalmere, but navigating the ships through the 12,000km2 of the traffic, the narrow streets and tunnels of urban Sydney. Port Kembla, Port Adelaide, Newcastle and Port Melbourne all have locations on the open ocean, and we will do everything in our power to secure as much real estate there as possible. We appologise

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Do you sell barges and cruise ships/ocean liners?

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:31 pm

OOC: Forgot to add the shipyard application when I made my grotesque post. So here it is bellow. Enjoy the expansion!

Nation name: The Empire of Common Territories (TECT).
Number of shipyards: 40 to be spread along the eastern coastline of TECT (the Imperial States of Emperor Island, New Bay, Bayson, Adler Land & Southern Adler, Maximus, Antony, York, Jackson, Gebirgsland, Anker-Land.).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade