NATION

PASSWORD

72 Hours: Prelude to War [IC - Semi-Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

72 Hours: Prelude to War [IC - Semi-Open]

Postby Tergnitz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:37 pm

72 Hours
[Prelude to War]

See OoC Thread To Join

Unknown Location
The Federative Noocracy of Solm

23:45 JST - Zero Hour

The distinct sound of a police siren whined faintly in the distance causing Jack to shudder involuntarily. Two years of research, six months undercover in some of the worst criminal gangs in the Dominion and then a further four months spent dodging his pursues, from the Solmian Immigration Service and Police, to the Solmian Army, had all led up to this one moment; the crowning moment in his twenty-sever year career.

He had repeated this line to himself eight times now in the forlorn hope that it would grant him some measure of strength; grace him with the power to leave his car. Yet each time it had failed and he had remained stuck in his seat, too afraid to move. He had arrived at the designated meeting place nearly fifteen minutes ago and he knew that the window for this interview was closing quickly.

He let out a deep breath that he had been holding in since the passing of the police car several minutes ago. He had realized hours ago that he ceased thinking rationally, for after all, that police car was probably several kilometres away, they would not suddenly discover his location is his breathing became slightly louder. Yet, dispute the logic of this argument, he had held his breath anyway.

Jack Thompson was not a man prone to deep introspection, he lived his life to the edge and if other people didn’t like it they could go fuck themselves, was his traditional opinion. Yet in this very moment, if he was honest with himself, he knew that underneath all his layers of macho-boasting and bluster, he was a coward, a spineless coward who had allowed his brother to die.

Jack’s eyes began to dampen at the thought of his dead brother, yet he abruptly and violently shook his head, dispelling the corrosive thoughts before they could poison his mind any further. Recovering from the small episode, Jack took a deep breath and reached out for the fourth time, grasping the door handle in his sweaty right hand. With a slight click, the door popped open and Jack stepped out of the small car into the moonlit street.

Pulling his thick, black trench coat tightly around his body, Jack left the warm interior of his car and walked across the vacant street and into the motel compound. A slight breeze rolled down the empty road, piercing through his skin and into his bones. Teeth chattering he maintained his brisk pace and quickly covered the ground between the motel entrance and the ramshackle flight of wooden stairs next to the unlit entrance. He ascended the staircase cautiously; afraid of making any noise while also fearful that the dam thing would collapse right underneath him any moment.

As he rounded the corner at the top of the motel stairs, he was struck by the sight of a bloated rat corpse seeping yellowy puss into the stagnant pool. Though it was illuminated by a nearby streetlamp, light seemed unable to penetrate the piercing darkness of the pool. Jack tried to suppress a shudder at the confronting sight, yet his efforts failed and his body began to tremble. No wonder this place was referred to as the ‘Last Resort’ he thought to himself grimly.

He finally arrived at his destination, room B13. This door was no different to the previous twelve which had just passed. It had been painted a sickly vomit brown decades ago, a paint job which was beginning to flake off in large chunks. The metal handle was worn and rusted with age and there were scratch marks around the lock; clearly indicating that several pervious occupants of this room had been forced to entertain unwelcome guests. Yet despite these similar features, room B13 projected an air of malice and unease which he had not felt until this point. Hand visibly shaking, Jack reached out and slowly turned the metal handle, flecks of rust rubbing into his palm in the process, until he heard a click.

He cautiously pushed the door inwards; moonlight streaming into the dark room in the process. His eyes began to dart around the room frantically, looking for any signs of an ambush. Suddenly, from the darkness, a piercing voice cut through the silence, speaking at no more than a whisper, “Dit is ver genoeg meneer.” Despite the man barely whispering, Jack was able to hear him as if they were standing right next to each other.

Jack took a small step away from the door to show that he was complying with the man’s demands. Moonlight flooded into the middle of the small bedroom, catching the bright metallic outline of an automatic pistol. “Wel my vriend, jy beter 'n baie goeie verduideliking vir hierheen te kom. Anders sal jy ongelukkig nie live hierdie klein ontmoeting te vertel,” said the man, his tone even and measured. Jack’s body was tense and he could feel beads of sweat slowly tricking down his forehead, “Het jy 'n candy bar?” he asked.

The insanely ridiculous nature of the code word had not truly dawned on him until the very moment it had left his mouth. If this was not the man he was looking for, he knew for a fact that he would die in the next five minutes in a very slow and painful fashion. The room was silent for a moment, before a roar of laughter erupted from the darkness, “Weet jy hoe belaglik klink jy!” Jack had jumped at the unexpected sound but his feelings had abruptly changed from those of dread to embarrassment. “I didn’t know that Sali was common in Solm,” Jack said, trying to regain a measure of respect. “Dit is nie, dit is net vir my eie beskerming. Ek is seker jy verstaan hoekom,” said the man, gesturing for Jack to close the door and sit down on the tattered, light green couch near the door.

Jack closed the door quietly before walking over to the couch. He sat down and began to fumble around for the light switch on the lamp which he had seen at the end of the couch earlier. The man remained quiet and eventually Jack found the switch and flicked it downwards. The lamp spluttered to life, emitting a weak aura of light which barely pierced the darkness of the motel room. Convinced that this was as much light as he was going to get, Jack retrieved his small notebook and a pencil from his right jean pocket. After scrawling a few preliminary notes, he began to tap his pencil against the notepad softly, a habit of his that never failed to help calm him down, even in the most tense of situations. Finally, after roughly two minutes of silence, the man spoke again in the same even, measured tone, “Jy het 'n lang pad Mr Thompson. Wat doen jy wil weet?”

Jack paused for a minute, thinking about the question before replying eagerly, “Let’s start at the very beginning...”

International News – The Judean Sanctum – Elected Government or Solmian Pawn?
March 9th, 2011

Image Comment
Image Recommend
Image E-mail
Image Share
Image Print
Image Reprints & permissions

Corruption at the Highest Levels of Government!
By Jack Thompson

PRETORIA – Rumours have circulated for years regarding the existence of a secret cabal of individuals representing the true power behind the Judean Sanctum. [1] These ‘faceless men’ are alleged by conspiracy theorists to have the resources, motive and ability to alter the very fabric of nations within Judea. I vowed to uncover the truth behind these often ridiculed rumours, no matter the cost.

My personal journey took me away from civilized Dominion society and the vast array of luxury amenities which such a life is often associated with; into some of the most degenerate and immoral criminal gangs in our nation. A common theme in all of the various conspiracy theories involving the alleged Judean ‘faceless men’ involve the conspirators working with a range of criminal elements in an effort to subvert many legitimate governments , particularly through the distribution of mind-altering narcotics. Thus, to begin my investigation I decided to establish a credible cover in the Corlidors crime syndicate, a process which involved spending four months in jail.

My dedication to the syndicate was tested several times during my incarceration and after my time was up and I was released, the syndicate leadership had decided that I was trustworthy enough to become a drug mule in the lucrative and highly illegal Solmian black market. [2]

After being smuggled into Solm through Hobit, I managed to integrate myself with the local criminal underground. It was here, in Solm, that I learnt the truth behind this conspiracy theory. At one meeting of the Solmian branch of the syndicate leadership which I had been instructed to sit in on; it was revealed to me that ‘faceless men’ which I had been hunting did not exist. At this point, I had accomplished my original aim; I had debunked the myth that a secret cabal of individuals was responsible for the real decision-making in the Judean Sanctum. What I discovered, was far worse.

A secret society influencing the course of events in Judea did indeed exist, yet it was concentrated in one nation as opposed to the clandestine group of individuals from every nation as outlined by conspiracy theorists. A ‘shadow’ government, a vast organization operating behind the scenes to influence the Sanctum and control the fate of every nation in Judea; the Solmian ‘shadow’ government.

Comprised of highly-placed officials in a range of fields, this ‘shadow’ government is predominantly made up of individuals from Solm’s armed forces, as well as intelligence and diplomatic communities; the true rulers of the Noocracy. After unearthing this startling revelation I pledged to discover how deep the tendrils of this clandestine group extended into Judea.

I spent the next four months evading the Solmian security agencies who were intent on tracking me down and silencing me while simultaneously searching for someone who could provide a window into the ‘shadow’ government’s activities. Out of the blue, after weeks of searching with nothing to show for it, I was contacted by a high-placed individual within the ‘shadow’ government; codename Redwing.

Over the course of one tense evening in a dilapidated motel, he revealed the depths of the Solmian ‘shadow’ government’s depravity and vice. Codename Redwing meticulously detailed how over the past decade, trillions of dollars have been siphoned out of the Sanctum Treasury by Solmian administrators, both within the official and ‘shadow’ government, largely for personal use. As opposed to discouraging or punishing such despicable behaviour, Redwing indicated that the official Solmian government event went so far as to actively encourage the pilfering of Sanctum funds as long as the theft remained undetected. Furthermore, he exposed how Pan-Judean defence, infrastructure and supply contracts were routinely awarded to Solmian companies in exchange for kickbacks paid to Solmian officials. Redwing's final revelation was that all of these corrupt acts were conducted under the Sanctum banner and in the name of Judean 'unity'; with Solmian officials wholeheartedly believing that by improving their own lives, Judea as a whole would grow and mature.

When asked for a comment, the Solmian Borough of Foreign Affairs[3] released an official statement stating that:
    "The Tergnitz Global News Agency is fabricating ridiculous allegations in an attempt to spur a conflict to gain power in the regional administration. The Noocracy is fully open in everything it does and has no corruption pertaining to its leadership of the Judean Sanctum"

TGNA fully refutes the Solmian Governments claims and petitions the Dominion, on behalf of all Judean nations, to demand that the Convocation conduct an independent inquiry into all Solmian dealings and actions within the Sanctum over the past ten years.

Copyright 2011 Tergnitz Global News Agency. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with express written permission of TGNA.
URL: http://www.tgna.trg/articles/38736657/
© 2011 Tergnitz Global News Agency

Last edited by Tergnitz on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Altimaea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altimaea » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Argetnaria
Altimaea

8:26 JST - Zero Hour +8 hours 41 minutes

Carson Daily strolled down a hallway inside the Whitehouse to her job in the press wing, leather binder and morning coffee in hand. Her gray suit was buttoned up to the proper button, but that was likely to change by the end of the day. The accompanying skirt hugged her hips and and legs closely, as a skirt should on all reasonably attractive women. The short blond hair she possessed was drawn up into a tight bun, which bobbed on the of beats of her clicking heels. She passed the rows of offices, occasionally saying or receiving morning greetings. All sounded rather tired but you couldnt blame them. It had been a long week for the press department, especially with the inaugeration of the new President, Andrew Gallagher, only a few days ago. Carson rather liked him, after all she had voted for him. His economic policies were brilliant, 85% of Altimaeans shared his domestic views, he had appointed some excellent justices the day after he was sworn in even. The only place where she was unsure about was foreign policy. He shared the previous Commander in Chief's very popular stance, President Johnathan Sykes, although maybe a little less of the global policeman coursed through Gallagher's veins. He was rather untested though, but that didnt worry too many people, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate right?

Ms. Daily walked into her cubical and set her things down on the wood desk. She sat down, crossed her leg over the other, then took a deep drink of her strong black coffee. An audible sigh emanated from her cherry colored lips. She set the drink down then logged onto her computer. Her profile loaded for a second, then waited another three for the encryption process to complete. She noticed there were several files for download waiting so she started the que and leaned back in her padded chair. Carson heard footsteps in the hall close by and sat up. Past the entrance to her cubicle walked the newest addition to the press team. He looked rather stiff, obviously a green horn who cared too much about his appearance to the people he would spend 5 1/2 days of his week with. She instantly drew herself up into the most feminine position she knew with legs tightly crossed, back arched ever so slightly, one hand layed across her lap cupping the other arm which twirled her glasses next to her face.

"Good morning Jim," She said in a soft yet confident voice. He looked over and met her gaze, then blushed bright red.
"O-oh, h-hello, I mean, Good m-morning to you too," He said sheepishly, obviously fumbling over his words as he stood there," Well I guess I had better get going." He said trying to recover. Carson waved daintily then turned back around smiling. She was 25 and hadn't had a boy frirend since high school. Not to say she couldn't get one, as she had just demonstrated to herself, but she had been so devoted to her work that only lately had she started realizing what she had been missing. Jim wasn't just an office plaything though, at least not to her. He had the athletic build and brown eyes all women desired, but he also shared her drive and love for what she did. She smiled as she realized that not only had she turned a man to jelly right in front of her, she had turned someone who was just as every bit as confident as she was into jelly. Carson enjoyed the little moment of ego stroking but was roused by the ding of a finished download. She opened the first file and then the next. All were the usual junk from those PETA wackos and conspiracy theories about a new president. The second to last one caught her interest though. She glanced at the networks name. Hmmm, from over in Tergnitz. A few minutes of reading later she realized what had been said. Someone from the network had dug some dirt up about the Solmian Noocracy. She re-read then realized it wasn't just limited to Solm itself. It alleged that Solm has instituted a shadow government which has been running the sanctum this whole time. That was a rather serious allegation coming from a fellow member of the Sanctum. Of course, it wasn't the official position of the Tergnitzian government, but their governments positions were often based off of what their news agency had released in their latest edition. Could be nothing, but then again, it could be something. She forwarded the document up to Bob Phillips, the President's current event secretary, then sat back and took another drink of coffee. I think Ill go down to Jim's office now..., she thought as she stood and walked out of her office.
Last edited by Altimaea on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
DEFCON
1 2 3 [4] 5
I am the Northern Guardian of Judea!
JUDEAZ OFFICIAL KEEPER OF TEH COOKIEZ
Castleclose wrote:
Hannait wrote:To: kettle@cookware.com
Re: blackness

Beauty is only pixels deep, while bad gameplay/design goes straight to the source code ~ Harlequin

Solm~"Ninja'd by Alty.™"
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
Map
Judea

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Imperial Palace - Pretoria
Righteous Imperial Dominion of Tergnitz

8:47 JST - Zero Hour + 9 hours 02 minutes

Alone in his monolithic study, His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Augustus Tiberian Vera usually felt calmly detached from the world around him; able to lose himself in the vast multitude of ancient texts and manuscripts which littered the room. It was a rare occasion to have an entire morning dedicated to his personal exploits and as he grew older, he increasingly cherished this time away from the world when he was able to shrug off the vast responsibilities which came with leading a nation as large as the Dominion and simply exist as just a man with a love of history.

He had spent the last hour searching among mounds of thick, leather bound texts whose flaking pages echoed with the words and deeds of long dead men for a single manuscript, ‘Metallurgy in the Contemporary World’ by renowned nineteenth century chemist Damien Garash. However, his searching was interrupted by a strong and distinctive rapping on the large oak door of the study. “Come in,” replied Vera absently as his head tilted upwards in the direction of the doorway.

The sound of military jackboots connecting with the polished timber floor echoed off the walls of the study, the sound slowly trailing off as the messenger halted in front of Augustus. "Your Imperial Majesty," came the gruff voice of Knight-Captain Flavus Gusta, the Head of the Imperial Household, bowing his head respectfully as he spoke.

“Falvus,” said Augustus, his tone surprised. “What brings you to my study at this early hour?” He asked as he looked around the room, searching casually for a chair to sit down in. “Sire, I bring word that Lord Admiral Keith Anderson wishes to have a world with you over the secure video-link. He insists that it is a matter of some importance,” finished Gusta, his face expressionless as he spoke.

Augustus nodded absentedly, “Very well. Keith knows better than to bother me, especially at this hour, unless he has something quite urgent.” Walking over to his large ornate desk at the back of the study, Augustus ran his fingers over the touch-screen inlaid into the center of the desk before sitting down. The computer monitor came to life abruptly, the screen changing from black to the light blue of Augustus’s ocean background. Clicking on several icons, Augustus brought up the direct video-link which he had with the Lord Admiral’s office and pressed the small green call button in the bottom right corner of the screen.

The screen blinked to black with only a small loading bar visible, yet within thirty seconds, Augustus was looking at the cleanly-shaved face of the fifty-two year old Keith Anderson, the current director of the Imperial Intelligence and Reconnaissance Agency; the Dominion’s external intelligence organization.

“Keith,” said Augustus, his tone warm and friendly. “How is the family?”

“They are well Sire,” replied Keith, a small smile forming on his face at the thought of his wife and children. “I am sorry to interrupt your morning endeavours Your Majesty, but there has been a development which I assumed you would have wanted to be informed of as soon as possible.”

“I trust you judgement in these matters Keith. What did you want to speak to me about?” Asked Augustus as he clasped his hands together underneath the desk, out of the Lord Admirals’ sight.

“Sire, early this morning a news story was released by the Tergnitz Global News Agency which revolved around the theme of Solmian corruption in the Judean Sanctum. We had absolutely no prior warning that such a bombshell was going to drop or even such a potentially provocative story was even in the works, this has really come out of left field. We know for a fact Sire that a number of this journalist’s accusations are pure fabrication, yet a substantial number of them do touch on several of the corrupt practises that our sources have indicated are prevalent among the upper tiers of the Solmian government.”

Augustus nodded thoughtfully, slowly processing this influx of new information while turning the situation over in his head, examining it from all angles. “Who has the most to profit from this information leak Keith? Is it possible that this journalist is being strung along with just enough information to lead us into a trap? What about his central theme of a vast shadow government within the Sanctum?” Asked Augustus in rapid succession.

Keith paused for a moment, deciding which of his Emperor’s questions he should answer first. “It is certainly possible that this journalist is being strung along by a Solmian Intelligence agency or a foreign power. As to who could potentially profit from such an act, the list is literally endless Your Majesty. There is a large host of both private and governmental interests within Judea who would like to see the unity of the Sanctum disrupted. Mr Thompson’s theme of this ‘shadow government’ is why I contacted you this morning Sire. The Agency believes that the potential threat from such a group is very real and I personally advise you to immediate take decisive action to ascertain whether such a group does indeed exist.”

“I understand,” replied Augustus; his voice distant. “Contact Theodore, get him to petition the Convocation to conduct an independent investigation into the validity of the accusations made by Mr Thompson. This will allow us to determine whether such a group does indeed exist. In event that it is simply a fabrication however, we cannot ignore this perfect opportunity to increase the Dominion’s regional influence through legitimate means while the Solmians are suspect.”

“I sound plan My Lord, I shall contact the Foreign Ministry immediately,” said Keith, his tone confident and calm. The computer screen blinked once before fading to a deep black, yet Augustus continued to stare at the empty screen, his mind racing with thousands of conflicting thoughts.

To: All Sanctum Nations
Fr: Tergnitz Imperial Foreign Ministry
Re: Solmian Corruption Charges
Encryption: Open Communication

His Imperial Majesty by the Divine Providence of the Almighty, the Emperor of Tergnitz, Augustus Tiberian Vera I; Patriarch of the House of Vera, Protector of Mankind, Father of the Fatherland, His Eminence the High and Most Holy Archbishop of the United Church Militant of Tergnitz, Defender of the Faith, Princeps Senatus, Imperator Destinatus, Imperium Maius, Pius Felix, Grand Baron of the Upper and Lower Realms, Duke of Runnor, Lord Regent of Brusta , Lord Protector of the Allied-States of -Deus-, Dominus of the Praetorian Guard and Supreme Imperator of the Tergnitzian People, on behalf of the Righteous Imperial Dominion, would like to hereby state that the Dominion is highly concerned as to the fate of the Judean Sanctum with the release of the expose by the Tergnitz Global News Agency (The Judean Sanctum – Elected Government or Solmian Pawn? ) on March the ninth, two-thousand and eleven.

Upon reflecting on the serious nature of the corruption claims pertaining to the actions of the Solmian government; the Dominion has officially decided to petition the Convocation to hold an investigation into these grave accusations.

This investigation shall proceed without delay to ascertain whether the claims made by TGNA were based on hard evidence. To preserve the independent nature of this inquiry, the Dominion demands that no Solmian official or individual linked in any way to the Solmian government or nation in general be appointed to the investigative panel. It is the Dominion’s sincerest hope that this matter can be resolved amicably but most importantly, without delay.

Furthermore, the Dominion implores all Sanctum nations who respect the rule of law and wish to see in upheld; to co-sign the Dominion's petition and demand that the Convocation ensure that the Federative Noocracy of Solm is not engaging in corrupt or illegal practises.

Long Live the Emperor

Sincerely,

Last edited by Tergnitz on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Vlack Sturm
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlack Sturm » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:20 pm

The Federal House - Randgriz,
The Sturmian Federation
8:47 JST - Zero Hour + 9 hours 02 minutes

"You woke me up for this, Schneider?" asked William Shredder, his cold steel gray eyes flashing dangerously at the short, guant man. The shorter man backed away slowly from the taller man and stuttered in his hushed Germanian-accent,

"Y-yes, s-sir... Please forgive me, President-Marshal."

"I forgive you, Schneider... And don't talk to me like you are addressing a king. Anyway send this news report to the Federal Military Council and the Petition Request,"
suggested Shredder.

Short, guantly Schneider hastily left the leader of Sturmia to his planning on what to do next. Schneider's report landed into the hands of Marshal Smith of the Military Council.The Military Council all stared at Schneider when he delivered the messages. Their eyes were wide and their mouths had dropped in surprise. The second most militaristic nation in Judea was making accusations against the Solmian Noocracy. The Marshal of Defense re-composed himself and said,

"Our first priority is to make sure the Solmians and Ternitzans in Sturmia don't start brawls with each other. Declare Martial Law; activate National Office of Security Enforcement, the State Defense Force Command, Eagle Eye Security Police, and the Elite Guard Security Units. Set blockades around the Solmian and Tergnitzan sections of the city. And protect both embassies. Also we must vote on to give dictatorial powers to the President-Marshal."

The all got up and said, "Aye to Dictatorial Powers to the President-Marshal."

Schneider's short structure left the room to tell the President-Marshal. The Defense Marshal said,

"Everyone, the time has come that we must tell the world. Send this to the Federal News Network."

The tall, burly Information Marshal instantly rose from his seat and left the room. An hour later, the Federal News Network broadcasted the news to all the nations of the world.

Official Statement of the Federation

As of 9:00 JST this morning, the Military Council has convened in the Federal House. Although, majority of the meeting is confidential, the following has been issued... Sturmia has declared Martial Law in Solmian and Tergnitzan zones. All security and law enforcement units have been activated to enforce "protectionary blockades" at Solmian and Tergnitzan zones.

The Federal Military Council has also mentioned they have given Emergency Dictatorial Powers to the President-Marshal...
Last edited by Vlack Sturm on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Federation of Burzia
Pardes

Slazenagara
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slazenagara » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 am

Ruslov,
Slazenagarian Confederation
10:30am JST - Zero Hour + 10 Hours 45 Minutes

A man was walking down the hallowed hallway of the Presidential palace heading towards the President's office. He was dressed in a black suit with a dark red tie, the squeaking of his brand new shoes echoed throughout the palace. He was the minister of Intelligence, Anton Kebich he was carrying a black briefcase which contained a report just received from the SAI (Slazenagarian Agency of Intelligence) in Spartania. Anton was stopped at the door and searched by the guard, standard procedure ever since assassins who were disguised as intelligence officers infiltrated the Presidents quarters and attempted to kill the president. Anton was clear and walked through the large wooden doors and saw the president sitting at his desk watching the daily Ruslov news and a story about the ongoing conflict in North east Slazenagara against insurgents fighting for Miranese independence. "Mr President, we have received intelligence from sources in Tergnitz, a disturbing story has emerged and been broadcast all over their nation. It involves the Sanctum." Said Anton.

President Belyakov stood up, he was a medium sized man and had short blond hair and a bushy mustache which covered his whole top lip. Belyakov walked over to Anton and shook his hand; "Ahh Anton, it is good to see you again my friend. What news do you have for me?" Asked the President. Anton shook his hand back and smiled, "It is good to see you to Comrade President, it has been a long time. But I have news for you that is very disturbing." said Anton. Belyakov nodded and walked back to his desk,
"Go ahead." said Andrei as he sat down. Anton layed his briefcase onto a table and opened it, he reached in and picked up the papers. "Mr President, recently the Dominion of Tergnitz made claims that the Judean Sanctum is ruled by a shadow government in Solm and that billions of dollars from the Sanctum's funds have been stolen by Solm.

The Tergnitzian news agency also made accusations of corruption of Solmian officials within the Sanctum. We believe that Tergnitz is trying to turn Judea against Solm." said Anton.
Andrei sat there in awe, he could not believe what Anton had just said, "These are serious accusations. If they are true then we have a good reason to turn against Solm, but I have never heard of this before and there has been no evidence of losses in the Judean funds. Anton, I want you to keep a close eye on the Tergnitz news agency, I want you to find out if this is true. The fate of Judea may rest on it."
Anton nodded, "Yes Mr President." he then walked out of the room.

Tergnitz was making claims that could tear this grand alliance apart. Slazenagarian spies were being mobilised all over Judea and would stop at nothing to find out if these accusations were true.
The Kingdom of Slazenagara
| Judea l Embassy l

DEFCON: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Current Leader: King Christian IX

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 pm

The Vian, Corvian, Federal Capital District
11:02 am JST - [11 Hours, 17 Minutes Since Zeroth Hour]

The paper fluttered over the desk, the abhorrent stories coiled around a dull, image-less one from the notorious Tergnitzian News Agency. John had read every single story that had unraveled from the original, burning a dent in the internet from the amount of stories that begun to flow around the region. John's face was impassive as he hurriedly read all of them, attempting to weigh the effects of the fabricated story.

As he begun to wrap his fingers around another story, his hands coiling around the lie-tainted paper, a man burst into the room. He spoke, "Sir, we have received a letter from the government of Tergnitz."

"Well it is settled then, they played a role in this fabrication," the Supreme Perspica looked grim, staring downward towards the jumbled mess of papers.

His thoughts were interrupted by the man again, "Dr. Hunt, your presence is requested in the chambers."

He nodded, already readying his things before the man had interrupted his thoughts. He grabbed a notebook, a small digital tablet, more of a phone than a tablet, but acted as the Supreme Perspica's assistant, an adjunct to his lovely human one.

The Supreme Perspica followed the man along a vast array of hallways, moving about to enter the back of the chambers. As he did so, he was overwhelmed with lights, spiraling down from some unseen windows, it looked natural, but was an attempt by the staff of the Vian to lighten it up, attempting to quell the dark topics that usually filled the room.

Today was no different, everyone had been seated, all the varying Perspicas gathered, save for a few that were not currently available. It had been eight hours since the release of the story and already it had begun a chain of havoc. Protests had arisen in other nations, and governments had petitioned Solm.

Dr. John Hunt climbed to the podium after entering the chambers, nodding towards the other members. He tapped the microphone, laid down his notes and put the tiny digital tablet in his chest pocket. He then begun, "Ladies and gentleman, it has been a grave several hours, a fabricated news story yelling of corruption and conspiracy has floated around the regional channels, every head of state has this story in his lap and have to make up their mind were to stand."

"If they choose to stand with the lying fiends that populate our neighbor, then we cannot blame them, because we are the ones at fault for not showing them the truth. Therefore, it should be our prerogative to bring it to their attention before the great nation of Solm is amerced because of a story contrived in Tergnitz, a story based solely on lies and devious statements and not on what it really should be about, the truth."

He looked into the camera, deep against the back wall that relayed most chamber meetings to the general populace of Solm. He paused and then continued, "It is with great honor that I lead this humble nation, and I promise this nation, this great and prodigious nation, that we shall rise above lying miscreants and overcome the challenges that they force upon us. I ask each Perspica here to make attempts to contact the other heads of states of the Judean nations and talk in person to them, so they can hear the truthful tale of the Sanctum and hear what it has accomplished, and how it has done so. There has been no smuggling of funds, or corruption within the Sanctum. There is no conspiracy of a massive underground network of governors that rule this world."

He paused, and then hesitated, moving his attention away from the cameras and back to the chamber members, turning his eyes to face each member of the Assembly of the Perspicacious. "It is with such that I call this meeting to order and denounce any accusations of outstanding corruption in this great nation and move to a motion to begin debate on the subject of advancements to stifle the chaotic news of lies."

Almost all of the members sitting in the chambers pushed the small green button that tallied their votes to the digital screen above John that transformed from the waving flag of Solm to a vote counter. Unanimously, it recorded ayes and the debate proceeded. Dr. Hunt left the podium as the members of the Assembly of Perspicacious reclined in their seats, ready to begin the intellectual debates that always occurred during issues. The Supreme Perspica took his seat, opposite and to the left of the podium, as another member of the Assembly of the Perspicacious, the elected debate leader called out a name from the digital recording of those who wanted to speak. The man stood up, beginning the speech as the Supreme Perspica intently listened as all the other members did.

Official Communiqué from the Borough of Foreign Affairs

Priority: High
To: The Governments of the Nations of Judea
From: Assembly of the Perspicacious, The Federative Noocracy of Solm
Classification Level: Open
Subject: RE: Solmian Corruption Charges

To all nations residing in Judea,

In order to show that the falsified story of the Tergnitizians is in fact a mere way of that nation to induce Judea into a war so it can gain influence in our complex legal system that governs this noble region. We can ensure the nations of Judea that there is no corruption in the Sanctum and I, the Supreme Perspica, is open to any and all questions or concerns raised by fellow leaders or advocates of other nations.

Ergo, we encourage that a committee be drafted, as Tergnitz requested, to meticulously examine the Judean Sanctum so that if there is corruption, it may be halted, and to prove that there is not a massive conspiracy led by Solm that controls the Sanctum and smuggles the funds. We shall assist as much as possible to help this committee formulate an objective answer to this concern.

We hope that the truth may finally arise to the regional stage and that the lies may be quelled. We thank you all and hope that we can join together in the virtuous way of Judea.

Sincerely,

Dr. John Hunt,
Supreme Perspica of the Federative Noocracy of Solm

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Altimaea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altimaea » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Argetnaria
The United States of Altimaea
11:15 am JST - 11 Hours, 30 Minutes Since Zero Hour

President Gallagher sat in the large, comfortable, leather chair on a swivel base that had been the throne of sorts for the most important men in Altimaea for decades. The President downed the last few drops of his coffee, his third of the morning. Adjusting to the stress level of the presidency coming from a minor politician from the relatively quiet life of northern Altimaea was a challenge, and most felt sympathetic for him. He felt the last drops snake down his throat and he put the mug back down. The coffee he drank,Oasis No.1, was jokingly called a national secret around the White House. It came from the island of Oasis off of Altimaeas southern coast on the Judean Sea. It was rather expensive stuff but was well worth the cost. Of course, the "national secret" business did have a shred of truth to it, as the tax payers probably would not take too kindly to $60-70/lb coffee being bought on the government budget. Ironically, that was probably the most corrupt thing in the federal government of United States of Altimaea currently.

Just as Andrew had taken a breath and put his feet up on his desk the Secretary of Defense, Michael O'Connel, burst through the heavy doors and walked quickly across the oval office. Andrew quickly withdrew his feet from the desk and sat upright.

"What' wrong Mike?" The president inquired.
"This." SECDEF said as he slid a thin tablet across the desk. President Gallagher picked it up and held it close to the side of his computer, which was more of a smallish, jet black, razor-thin flatscreen TV with no thick plastic border anyways, and slid his hand across the tablet towards his computer. The document smoothly transferred over to his computer and he began reading. He finished and a grave expression came over his face. Only a week into my term and this happens... he thought. Just then a small icon popped up in the corner of his screen. He tapped it and up popped a live news feed. It appeared to be a news feed of the Noocracy's Perspicas holding a conference about Tergnitz's allegations. He watched for several minutes than shut it off.

"Mr. President, what do you propose we do?" SECDEF said, understanding the gravity of the situation. Of course the Prime Minister position of the Sanctum took fire all the time if a decision wasn't popular with someone. But this wasn't just another person upset at an increase in government wages, or that somebody forgot to refill a delegates water glass, or even that the arctic seal population had decreased because the sharks had been feeling hungrier this year and that the Prime Minister had not taught those carnivores a lesson. No, this was an allegation of corruption at the highest levels of the most powerful entity in the entire region of Judea. There had been a growing tension in the region in recent times and especially between Tergnitz and Solm. But the tensions were not as simple as rival neighbors, this involved almost every nation of the Great Region of Judea through obligations, alliances, and backroom deals. This tension would not be resolved by promises, deals, and treaties signed by souvenier pens that would be handed out to various "benefactors". No, this would be resolved through the clash of steel, of men, and the spilling of the blood of patriots. And the 68th President of the United States of Altimaea Andrew Gallagher knew this.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by his SECDEF.

"Mr. President?"

"Get Dr. Hunt on the line." Andrew said finally.

Michael O'Connel nodded then proceeded quickly out of the room. Just after the doors had shut with a soft click Andrew let out a long sigh and slumped into his chair and closed his eyes. Today would be a long day.
Last edited by Altimaea on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON
1 2 3 [4] 5
I am the Northern Guardian of Judea!
JUDEAZ OFFICIAL KEEPER OF TEH COOKIEZ
Castleclose wrote:
Hannait wrote:To: kettle@cookware.com
Re: blackness

Beauty is only pixels deep, while bad gameplay/design goes straight to the source code ~ Harlequin

Solm~"Ninja'd by Alty.™"
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
Map
Judea

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 am

“One man can start a landslide with the casting of a single pebble.”

Imperial Palace - Pretoria

11:27 JST - Zero Hour + 11 hours 42 minutes

His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor of Tergnitz, Augustus Tiberian Vera I, walked casually but purposefully down the long corridor towards the large, twin oak doors of the Imperial Palace Situation Room. At a seemingly random point along the hall, his paced slowed to a halt and he turned to his right. He gradually reached towards the wall before running his fingers down the deep black marble. After several seconds, his hand stopped to the right of one of the thousands of names etched into the corridor’s walls; Hitcher. Arnold C - Sergeant, Grand Imperial Army. Battle of Lin-Shou, 1948. Augustus closed his eyes and ran his fingers over the indented words, burning the name into his memory before continuing down the passageway, the small ritual complete.

As he reached the end of the hall, he spotted the bulky outline of two imposing and well-armed Praetorian Guards. Despite being mere meters away from arguably the safest and most secure location in the entire Dominion with nearly twenty layers of security and defence measures between this room and the road outside the Palace, the Guards still felt that it was necessary to have an on-the-ground security presence guarding this inner sanctum. As the two soldiers caught sight of him, they gracefully opened the doors in one quick movement, before throwing him a by-the-book salute. Augustus passed through the entryway, pausing briefly to return their salutes, a gesture of respect which he always endeavoured to fulfil, before walking inside.

The members of the Council of Twelve rushed to their feet as he entered, but he waved them down and they cautiously returned to their seats. He walked over to his chair at the head of the long, antique, wooden table and sat down, observing the faces of the men assembled in front of him. On one side of the table were the most important individuals from the Imperial Government Cabinet, the Directors of the Imperial Intelligence and Reconnaissance Agency and the Imperial Internal Security Division, the Attorney-General, the Ministers of Defence and Foreign Affairs and the head of the Imperial Government, Princeps Hintar Yass. Seated on the other side of the table, were the top brass from Imperial High Command; the Grand Marshal of the Army, the Admiral of the Fleet, Lord Commandant of the Imperial Marine Corps, the General of the Air Force and the Lord Marshal of Imperial Strategic Command.

“Well gentlemen,” said the Emperor in a commanding tone, “What is the situation?”

“My Lord, there have been several important developments over the past several hours which require your immediate attention,” said Princeps Yass.

“Well don’t keep me waiting Hintar, what’s happening?”

Hintar shifted his gaze from Augustus to the white folder lying on top of the pile of documents in front of him. He opening it delicately before removing several sheets of paper, “Sire, at approximately 8:50 this morning The Sturmian Federation declared a state of martial law in both our and the Solmian zones within the Federation. Reports have been coming in via both official and unofficial channels that there have been several small outbreaks of violence between our citizens living there and Solmian agitators.”

“I feared as much. It seems that the citizens of Solm cannot accept the unfortunate truth about their leadership. They are patriotic to the end, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, an admirable trait, yet one which will see them destroyed one day,” said Augustus solemnly. “Contact the Federation and impart upon them the serious nature of these allegations, while also requesting that they help prevent an escalation in tensions which would arise from any Tergnitzian deaths as a result of this Solmian rioting.“

“It shall be done My Lord,” said Hintar, bowing his head slightly as he spoke.

“Mr Decan, what has been the response from Sanctum nations in regards to our proposed inquiry into Solmian practises?” Asked Augustus casually, indicating to the Council that his attention had moved on from the issue with the Federation.

The eyes of the Council shifted from watching the back and forth between the Emperor and Yass, to the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs, George Decan. Located several seats to the right of Yass, George had been contacted at the last minute to fill in for the actual Minister who was at this moment, en route to an important meeting outside the Dominion.

Clearing his throat quietly, George could feel the intense stares of the Council members boring into him. “Sire, in somewhat of a surprising move, the Solmians have agreed to cooperate fully with the proposed inquiry,” said George quickly, the words falling over themselves as if in a rush to leave his mouth.

Augustus declined to comment on the revelation, opting instead to gently stroke his beard with his right hand, gesturing for George to continue with his left. George nodded nervously before continuing, “Early reports indicate that this decision has the full backing of the Solmian government. They are willing to see this through to the end Sire, despite the very real possibility that our proposed investigation might discover something that they will not like.”

“In my opinion Your Highness...” began George before trailing off softly as Augustus raised his hand, indicating that he wished to speak. “While your willingness to contribute is an admirable trait Mr Decan, I’m afraid that I do not require your consul as I have already decided upon our course of action,” said Augustus gently. “If the Solmians are so willing to cooperate with our demands it must mean that they are confident that they can twist any official report to favour their story or that they have already hidden the evidence of their wrongdoing. In the end, the motive behind their actions doesn’t really matter,” said Augustus dismissively. “Mr Decan, compose a message to the Noocracy outlining how truly glad we are that they have embraced the idea of an official investigation; while reiterating how we look forward to their name being cleared of all false charges.”

“Sire?” George asked, truly puzzled at his sovereign’s bizarre request.

A flash of anger swept across Augustus’s face before the image of kind fatherly figure reasserted itself over his features. “You are unfamiliar with the protocol of these meetings Mr Decan, do not interrupt me again,” said Augustus softly, yet forcefully before moving on. “In addition to the standard diplo-speak, you are to include an outline of how the investigation is going to be run. This list will contain several non-negotiable demands which the Solmains will find impossible to accept, thus they will be forced to abandon the trial, playing right into our hands.” A small grin spreading across Augsutus’s face as he finished.

To: The Sturmian Federation
Re: Civil Unrest Within the Federation
Encryption: Red Class Communication

His Imperial Majesty by the Divine Providence of the Almighty, the Emperor of Tergnitz, Augustus Tiberian Vera I; Patriarch of the House of Vera, Protector of Mankind, Father of the Fatherland, His Eminence the High and Most Holy Archbishop of the United Church Militant of Tergnitz, Defender of the Faith, Princeps Senatus, Imperator Destinatus, Imperium Maius, Pius Felix, Grand Baron of the Upper and Lower Realms, Duke of Runnor, Lord Regent of Brusta , Lord Protector of the Allied-States of -Deus-, Dominus of the Praetorian Guard and Supreme Imperator of the Tergnitzian People, on behalf of the Righteous Imperial Dominion, would like to heartily thank the Federation for acting decisively to prevent conflict between honest, God-fearing Tergnitzian expatriates living within Sturmia and certain seditious sections of Sturmian society.

The Dominion wishes to impart upon the Federation the truly serious nature of the allegations made against the Federative Noocracy of Solm and calls upon them to prevent any escalation in tensions which would arise from any Tergnitzian deaths as a result of this Solmian agitation.

Long Live the Emperor
Praise Be to God Almighty

Sincerely,

George Decan
Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs

To: The Federative Noocracy of Solm
Re: Sanctum Investigation
Encryption: Open Communication

His Imperial Majesty by the Divine Providence of the Almighty, the Emperor of Tergnitz, Augustus Tiberian Vera I; Patriarch of the House of Vera, Protector of Mankind, Father of the Fatherland, His Eminence the High and Most Holy Archbishop of the United Church Militant of Tergnitz, Defender of the Faith, Princeps Senatus, Imperator Destinatus, Imperium Maius, Pius Felix, Grand Baron of the Upper and Lower Realms, Duke of Runnor, Lord Regent of Brusta , Lord Protector of the Allied-States of -Deus-, Dominus of the Praetorian Guard and Supreme Imperator of the Tergnitzian People, on behalf of the Righteous Imperial Dominion, would like to state how delighted the Dominion is that the Noocracy has embraced the idea of an official investigation into the far-fetched claims of the Tergnitz Global News Agency. While these claims may simply be the work of a journalist looking to make a name for himself; the possibly that they might contain but a glimmer of truth propels us to act.

While His Imperial Majesty of course believes that the Noocracy is innocent of all of the charges raised against it, in the name of regional unity and transparency, he is glad that the Noocracy has accepted the formation of an official investigative panel. The features of the investigation are thus:

• Three Sanctum nations, one being the Righteous Imperial Dominion of Tergnitz shall elect an investigator-general in the next two to three days. Both the Federative Noocracy and the Phoenix Confederation of Hobit shall be barred from being selected due to ingrained bias towards the Solmian government.
      • The period of investigation shall last no less than two weeks and no more than two months
      • During the specified period, all three investigator-generals, along with their personal staff, shall have unrestricted access to all Solmian civil and military facilities.
      • Additionally, all three investigator-generals have the right to subpoena, arrest or detain any Solmian citizen, without prior notification to the Solmian Government, at any period of time.
      • Finally, to ensure the safety and security of the investigator-generals in a potentially hostile country, the Dominion generously offers the services of one Mechanized Regiment from the Grand Imperial Army for each investigator-general. These regiments will accompany each investigator-general at all times and shall enjoy the same privileges granted to them under the auspice of this investigation.
    To compromise on any of these elements is to compromise the integrity of the investigation itself. All measures have been put in place in an effort to ensure that a speedy and above all, truthful outcome is brought about with all due haste. Should the Noocracy accept the investigative outlines conveyed in this communiqué, the Dominion is sure that this unfortunate matter can be brought to a speedy and satisfactory resolution.

Long Live the Emperor

Sincerely,

George Decan

Office of State Affairs - The Basilica - San Gianpiero
The Most Serene Noble Republic of Santheres

11:43 TST - Zero Hour + 11 hours 58 minutes

Theodore placed his expensive leather briefcase down on the metal rollers with a slight thud. A small, grey plastic tray soon followed containing his mobile phone, wallet, Rolex and his second government phone. He pushed both items down the belt of rollers with a small grunt of annoyance and walked through the full-body scanner at the entrance to Office of State Affairs. He understood the need for security checkpoints such as this one, seeing as they had been mandatory throughout the Dominion in one form or another since the terrorist attack on the Imperial Senate in the 1920’s. Yet despite this very real and perfectly logical need for security in government buildings, the entire process of passing through such checkpoints annoyed the living hell of him; especially considering his high position within the Imperial Government.

Despite his annoyance, the entire procedure was complete in several minutes and he set off towards the foyer’s central elevator bank at a brisk pace with his small gaggle of aides from both the Fatherland and the local embassy in tow. The group piled into the first available elevator and began to ascend in silence, each individual mentally going over the small intricacies involved in Santherese culture and inter-departmental politics which had been outlined in the briefing package provided by the Foreign Ministry in consultation with the IIRA*.

A small electronic ping sounded, breaking Theodore’s introspective though. He glanced up at the electronic level display and nodded slightly, they had arrived. The two metallic doors slid apart without a sound; eager to begin his meeting with the Santherese Councillor for State Affairs, Theodore stepped out of the elevator confidently and proceeded towards the executive floor’s main conference room, occasionally checking with his attached embassy staff, who had attended several meetings here before, as to the correct direction. Roughly fifteen minutes after arriving at the Basilica, Theodore had reached his destination.

*Imperial Intelligence and Reconnaissance Agency
Last edited by Tergnitz on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Brauzillia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Brauzillia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:09 am

Parliament Centre, Queensville
Judean Consistory (Brauzillian Judea)
03:56 JST - Zero Hour + 4 hours 11 minutes

Outright treasonous, Lord Hampton, Brauzillians had won by Domination and Control of Lu Phan Bein, now, our coastal city in Western Arsenia, but also The Arsenians had won, by bringing Parliament down to Queensville. Arsenia from becoming a Protectorate from being Colonial Status B-2. In the Shogunate War, we only lost 1 Battleship out of 7, a damaged aircraft carrier of 3, and 16 PT boats demolished out of 45. Sir Andreas, I do not personally care, we have a Navy, An Army, and An Air Force. I would go over, that we have two Naval Bases that houses Most of our Navy, and holds 6,000 Soldiers Each. Three Airfields, which holds most of our Air Command and houses 8,000 soldiers each. There is a Military Division named King's Harbor, which houses 500,000 soldiers and 20,000 civilians. We are armed to the teeth Andreas. Mention this, Sensal, our only neighboring nation by land is Ralkovian Property, we're in threat of an attack, if we fuck with their Imperial Army. Ralkovia is also planning to attack us, and also Tergnitz.

We have been an ally of Tergnitz for 12 Years, just because of The Eaglelanders, Now Enemies. Worry about The Sturmians, they're our huge problem. They have no right to give us to those Cambrian Rats. Santheres, sir? Tarquinians with colonial interest, Otcina, Haven and Aerova, Now Judea? Well, The Judean Order of Nations have no right to bring upon us War. Allies are enough, We have the Solmians, although at War in 2007, claiming Arsenia, it wasn't evil, We were screwed there. They own East Andorria, and also we're developing an economical alliance. Guanxi is our 2nd Homeland, but The Veruxian Corporation owns Brauzillia, in which Switzenberg is our main ally.

Then, The Lord had mentioned someone; "Viceroy Atlas, he was born in 1879, died in 1936. He wrote in the Brauzillian Manifesto (La Syriac En Manifesto, in Corsican named as They Syntax Manifesto) explained that an Empire with many allies would fall apart with an ally betraying them. he also mentioned that "Brauzillianism", or now known as the Amalgamation Institute (Consistory) today, is a belief that our Country is Ruled by the 7 Gods, in a Counsel of 13 people. We don't believe in allies because allies because they would turn on us."

That's preposterous, Yalifi, We're on the verge of war in Judea. Rethan, an Azhukalian, would want to invade Ustio, declaring if they want to invade north. The problem is that Rethan is JON, or Unaligned. We're planning an invasion that'll cost most Brauzillian Judeans to fight in. It'll be far more worse than the Keppean Invasion from 1962.

Well, Lord, Let's mobilize a squadron, not commanding from our Goddess or Premier. The 9th Company, 11th Reconnaissance Patrol, or known as the 11/9 CORPORATION. This is your personal military, we'll hire the best Brauzillian soldiers around Judea, Arsenia, Guanxi, SAR, Salvjakestan, and Switzenberg. Although a Company is 225 men, you can expand it to 2,250 max. Hire soldiers from Carta, Siberia, Azume, Crontor, anywhere on Earth, but one precaution is that, you'll promote me to an Earl.

I cannot promote you to an Earl because you're not part of the Royal Family. Don't you dare to marry anyone in my family, or i'll arrest you of charges. I decline the CORPORATION because it's unconstitutional, and we don't allow private industry, or Central Banks, it's far-more evil than an army. Even so, I can reject you to being a Noble, exempt from the Counsel.

I have over 5,000,000 men in my arms, why do I need 2,250 extra? If war is going to happen!
Last edited by Brauzillia on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Office of the Councilor for State Affairs
The Basilica, San Gianpiero
The Most Eminently Serene Noble Republic of Santheres
11:58

"Two minutes early," Bianca said as her secretary buzzed in the ambassadorial staff from Tergnitz. She frowned. It wasn't very often that Judean nor members of the defunct Conglomerate had anything to do with Santheres. Geographical distance aside, there was a good measure of political distance, a length insurmountable by most in both of the aforementioned groups, and certainly the latter. "At least they do believe in being punctual."

It was surprising, really, because today happened to be one of the days in which Basilica security pulled out all the stops on its methods. There was a rather large portion of the general government in the city and more importantly in the building today. That was a rare occurance, national government in Santheres being more a formality than anything particularly constant in life. But the executive council was gathered (that in itself not being a rarity; they gathered often. It was frequently at such places as spas or for a rousing game of elephant polo in the Ucayare, however) here, and they were meeting with the Noble Congress -- or, at least, whatever elements of the Congress that were bothering to show up. It was an important day, to be sure, but not so important that the entire assemblage had to meet. Days that important never happened. Some suspected it was impossible.

Arranging some of the minutiae on and around her desk, she made sure the classic power positions were covered. The three chairs in front of the desk were lower, and would have been comfortable if not for the nagging feeling in the sitter that something was off. Being low, they forced the seated individuals to look more upward, toward the front-lit person behind the desk -- her, in this instance -- and up at the sigil of her house draped above her, lest anyone forget where she was from and what power backed her and her alone. The lions of Santheres flanked it, growling down at her visitors.

She walked over toward the door as the delegates from Tergnitz entered, gesturing for them to continue in and take seats, or stand nearby as the case may have been for those who could not find seats.

"So pleased you could make it. I hope the walk wasn't terribly tiring, though if it was, I can offer some refreshment before we begin."

There was a carafe of a golden-brown liquid sitting on each of the tables between the three chairs, several snifters beside each, and a bowl of off-color ice - oddly bluer than one would expect.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Sensal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sensal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Hanyang, Younghyun Palace
The Imperial Republic of Sensal
11:45 JST - 12 hours after Zero Hour

Gyungi Younghyun, the newly crowned Sensalian Emperor walked down the long halls of Younghyun Palace stomach slightly turning as he passed the numerous portraits of the Imperial lineage. The portraits went in the order from the newest to the eldest with each new addition forcing every portrait to move back one and every newfound Imperial member that had been lost in the sands of time shuffling the portraits around. Regardless to say, the hall was massive as the portraits covered every semi-important figure in the Imperial family's history. Some called it a massive waste of money and space, but as Gyungi passed the portraits and saw the eyes and faces that looked straight into his, he was empowered knowing that the hundreds of men that had passed before him had established where he was today.

Halfway across the length of the hallway and arriving at the alter of Sensal's last and greatest Emperor. Gyungi felt compelled to pay his respects to arguably the greatest man in Sensalian history. He lit the incense that had burned out and bowed down to the floor level three times, the sign of ultimate respect. Standing up and staring at the portrait, Gyungi felt the nervousness that had stayed with him since the horrid coronation being subdued, replaced with confidence that his ancestors had prepared himself for the job better then any teacher. The weight of the thousand year dynasty stood behind him and Gyungi could almost feel the spirits of his ancestors bring him strength unparallelled. Closing his eyes for a moment and inhaling the sweet incense that burned, Gyungi smiled slightly walking toward the end of the hallway once again.

At the end of the hallway were two large doors that seemed more like gates to a small castle. Beautifully engraved with scenes from Sensalian history and national pride, a single guardsman stood at attention dressed in full ceremonious uniform. Opening one of the doors quickly and efficiently, the soldier stiffly saluted his Emperor. Smiling at the guardsman as Gyungi began to walk inside the room, he gave the him a pat on the back and the door closed quickly behind him. The room itself was dimly lit, not light sources other then a desk lamp at every seat accompanied with the glowing monitors of laptops.

Twenty men sat around a large conference table ten on each side, each stood up as Gyungi walked into the room and stayed standing till His Majesty took his seat at the head. Taking his seat and opening the laptop that had been prepared for him, Gyungi looked around at the men that had gathered. All seventeen ministers of his administration and three corporate powerwielders that deemed powerful enough to be accounted for in every major government decision. Most of the faces were senior to Gyungi by at least ten years and at the age of twenty-one, Gyungi Younghyun was the youngest person ever to hold the title of Emperor in the history of Sensal. Most of the men upon eye contact as tradition stated, bowed their heads in politeness with only a few that held more "modern customs" and still reluctant to the shift in power daring to look back.

Wiping his palms on the bottom of his suit jacket before starting, Gyungi felt the small butterflies reenter his stomach as he started the meeting. Taking a rather exaggerated cough to catch the attention of the men in the room, he suddenly felt remorseful when all the eyes in the room bored into Gyungi's body. The room dead silent so that the usually silent air-conditioning could be heard, Gyungi took another small cough before starting the meeting with a simple question "So, what are we going to do?" Inwardly slapping himself at how stupid the question sounded, Gyungi nonetheless tried to keep an image of sophistication around him knowing that this "crisis" would determine the inner views of the Emperor in the minds of his administration.

Breaking the rather long and strange silence that followed, Hangul Geun, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade as well as the third longest serving member of the government, spoke in the smooth and articulated speech he was well known for. "Your Highness, might I suggest that we send a statement stating that these allegations are false? Surely Solm is innocent of these charges brought upon them and represent pure fantasy by some journalist looking for some quick money?" "

Quickly following up, Hangyun Kim, CEO of Ohsung Petroleum as well as Executive Chairman of Ohsung Group, Sensal's largest domestic company, eagerly agreed knowing what a strain of relationships might mean to his investments in the area. "Your Highness I must agree with Hangul in the matter that Solm is innocent of charges that were brought up against them. And as you may know already, Sensal currently holds a reserve of nearly one-hundred, twenty-one billion barrels in the country as well. Any strain in relations might jeopardize this reserve resulting in losses for those that currently hold such reserves"

"But Your Highness, we also may have to take into account whether these allegations may in fact have substantial claim to them" the focus of the table moved toward Doangpak Park, Executive Chairman of Hanyang Group, the second largest domestic company. "We cannot simply state these allegations to be false without any proof nor can we declare them to be true without any proof either. An international investigation would be an appropriate measure to be taken at this time. We must seek truth and justice Your Highness, not wealth or materials"

"But Your Highness, as I've stated before we have nearly twenty-one billion barrels in terms of reserves in Solm. These provide Sensal with a good and very close source of oil other then the reserves we currently hold along the Sensalian coastline. We cannot afford to lose those fields Your Highness and everyone in this room, other then a few dissenters, agrees that those fields are strategically one of the most important assets we hold" Finishing up with a slight lilt to his voice and a small crocodile smile that showed the real man that wore the suit. Hangyun glared at Doangpak daring him to fight back and lose once again.

Hangul watched on with anticipation sure that the young Emperor would take the advice of some of the most influential men in the country. The National Intelligence Agency may have declared Gyungi the most powerful man in the country, but Hangul knew he lacked the experience and the guts needed to guide a country effectively. Thus, Gyungi would be reliant on the advice of the men around him and Hangul knew that he could take advantage of the stage. Looking at the young Emperor with a face of solemnness and humbleness, Hangul inwardly was cackling madly knowing that the Emperor might as well be his puppet.

Raising his hand to speak, Gyungi awaited until the unwanted attention bore new holes into his body. Looking straight into the eyes of Hangyun, then Hangul, Gyungi felt a surge of energy fill him as he saw the hidden contempt that the two men held for his young regime. Perhaps it was an act of emotion of anger, or perhaps it was a calculated move to assert his authority in his fairly new administration. Nonetheless, the move shocked both Hangyun and Hangul neither believing the words that came out of the young Emperor's mouth "I agree with Doangpak"

Swiveling their chairs around as he spoke, Hangul and Hangyun stared wide eyed at Gyungi simply refusing to believe what had happened. Opening their mouths immediately to protest, the two were quickly silenced with a flash of fire from Gyungi's eyes telling them who was the Emperor in the room. Hanging their heads downwards as they received a silent scolding, Gyungi looked away from the two momentarily to see the reactions of the rest of the group. Doangpak sat in a reverent manner bowing his body slightly toward Gyungi with the rest of the cabinet doing the same.

His authority established amongst the group, Gyungi went on in a stronger tone then previously held. "Gentleman, a communication will be sent addressing the severe accusations brought upon the Solmian government. Demand an investigation to be held by an independent party unaffiliated with Solm nor Tergnitz. We will neither state whether the claims are true nor false and keep a generally neutral tone the entirety of the communication stressing the importance of a peaceful end. Get it done and I want a rough draft within the hour Hangul"

Standing from his chair symbolizing the end of the meeting, Gyungi quickly walked out of the room only then the ministers rising. Small conversations filled the room as the men began to leave in clumps until the room lay emptied and quiet.

Addressed to : The Judean Community
Sender : The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of The Imperial Republic of Sensal
Subject : Recent Corruption Charges Against Solm
Priority : High
Encryption : None, Open

Regarding the recent allegations made against the Federative Noocracy of Solm by the Tergnitz Global News Agency, The Imperial Republic of Sensal finds it only necessary that investigations be made to discover these allegations to be truth. In concurrence with the Federative Noocracy of Solm and the Righteous Imperial Dominion of Tergnitz, The Imperial Republic hereby asks that an investigative body be created for the sole purpose of revealing the truth of the allegations and Solm.

Though the claims lay yet to be decided as true or false, The Imperial Republic stresses the need for a peaceful end to the situation ensuring any tensioning ties not spill to hostility. The community of Judea must be kept intact and we as neighbors must keep the peace to avoid unneeded and unwanted aggression amongst ourselves. As Judeans we must stand strong together united under one front to ensure that the values of peace, prosperity, and humanity are kept even during times of great strain.

Though we neither refute nor support these allegations, The Imperial Republic again stresses the need for a peaceful solution to the tensions that are beginning to mount.
The Imperial Republic of Sensal
Domain of His Royal and Imperial Highness Gyungi Younghyun

Capital - Hanyang
Population - 60,531,000
GDP(PPP) - 4.74 trillion USD
Demonym - Sensalian

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Office of the Councillor for State Affairs

12:04 TSTZero Hour + 12 hours and 19 minutes

Theodore immediately registered the traditional power-structure positions within the office from the briefing docket on Santherese politics and culture. He was unsure whether to be insulted or comforted by such a move. As a career politician and diplomat, he was sure that the Santherese Councillor for State Affairs would know that he would recognize such a configuration immediately. That begged the question, did she push on with this maneuver as a subtle insult, implying that he was inferior to her, thereby insulating that the Dominion was subservient to the Noble Republic. Or did she retain this configuration knowing that he would recognize it and simply assume that it was an insult rather than standard diplomatic protocol within the Republic. Causing him to overreact, thereby giving her an advantage before the negotiations had even begun. These two questions were only two of many which danced through Theodore Modia’s mind as he walked through the doorway into Councillor’s office. They reminded him both why he loved, and hated being a diplomat.

The Dominion had little cause over the past decade to reach out officially to an ODECON nation, especially given the relative dormant nature of the alliance on the international scene in addition to the fact that there had been a simmering level of antagonism between the alliance and the now defunct Conglomerate. An embassy had of course been maintained within Noble Republic and annual trade talks were conducted, yet that had been the total extent of the diplomatic contact between the Dominion and the Republic, until now. His personal attendance at this meeting today signified the degree of importance that the Dominion had placed on these negotiations.

Theodore casually strolled into the office, his retinue slowly filing in behind him. Pausing in front of the Councillor, he took the initiative and reached out with his right hand, giving her a vigorous, yet measured handshake. It was important to demonstrate early on that he believed that the Noble Republic and the Dominion were equals on the international stage. “Theodore Modia, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Righteous Imperial Dominion of Tergnitz. These are my colleagues from both the local embassy here within the Noble Republic and from the Foreign Ministry back in the Dominion,” he said in a calm tone, gesturing to the small group of men and women behind him.

“Thank you for agreeing to meet us after such short notice,” said Theodore as he walked towards the central chair in front of the Councillor’s desk. In his experience, diplomats usually had some of the most impressive, aged alcohol which they used to impress any potential guests. It was a tactic which he had certainly used before. However, this meeting was crucially important to the national security interests of the Dominion, thus it would be wise for him to maintain a clear head. “Thank you for the offer, but I must decline,” he said politely.

Taking a seat, he opened up his jacket and reached into the internal left pocket with his right hand, retrieving a small silver case as well as a worn metal lighter engraved with the regimental crest of the 32nd Mechanized Infantry. “Do you mind?” He asked the Councillor as protocol demanded. Yet he did not wait for her to answer the question, placing an expensive looking cigarette in his mouth before lighting it.

He was not a regular smoker, having kicked the addictive habit seven years ago. Yet he had discovered that it was a useful tool in making people feel uncomfortable and in the chess game which was the world of international diplomacy, every move which you could gain over your opponent was one which you embraced fully. “Where would you like to begin?” He asked the Councillor, placing the onus on her to begin the negotiations.
Last edited by Tergnitz on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solm
Senator

Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 am

Offices of Neavo Inc.,
604 N. Clark St.,
The City of Sevens, The Federative Noocracy of Solm
14:45 JST: Z-H + Fourteen Hours, fourty-six minutes
Mr. Adam Luharty

Pars Duo

The man sat at his desk, his eyes looking intently into the papers that had begun to flood him. Papers, articles, print-outs from around the world, all reverberating with the possible corruption in Solm. Half of them bursted with more accusations against the government, and the other half condemned at the agitators of war who falsified articles.

He know the truth. Solm was led by the most intelligent people in the world. Those people could not make a mistake nor be corrupt. The government of Solm consisted of the brains of the world, the doctors, the professors, the practical technological virtuoso. They could not be corrupt, since they saw that punitive individual aspirations did not matter, only the greater progression of mankind mattered, and the greater progression of Solm mattered.

He had been taught that, instructed to believe that, and there was no other alternative then the truth. Other views of government were not suppressed, journals and protests that argued democracy were held monthly. Mostly in small scales, but the general population of Solm know both arguments, and always moved towards the Noocracy. Precisely for the reason that it would make only the best decisions, corruption would not be apart of it, all options would be weighed.

So he sat, looking down at the papers, reading all of the sides, but he had made up his mind a long time ago. Alas, he grabbed his keyboard, his hands flickering over it as he managed his way to news sites. The front page glimmered with the stories, all surrounding a new development, an undisclosed communique from Tergnitz to the Noocracy, released by the Borough of Foreign Affairs as part of their effort to keep the populace informed of all developments.

He read it over, laughing at the stupidity of Tergnitz. Thinking that we would allow them access to all of our military and political installments. Maybe that was the reason for their whole falsification of widespread corruption: to gain access to our military and then declare war. He chuckled again, rubbing his lightly shaved beard, thinking, "it would never happen." He got up from his desk, moving towards the window as he unfolded a piece of gum from his pocket.

Sticking it into his mouth, he began to chew. The cityscape was beautiful, the buildings soared upwards, the sea in the distance complimenting the wavy, silver buildings that lined the edge, trying to mimic its waves. He imagined what it would like it if Tergnitizians strolled the streets. The buildings would cripple, the trash would remain piling. A rotten stench would fill the air. A xenophobic rush overwhelmed him, cursing the Tergnitz.

The Vian, Corvian, The Federative Noocracy of Solm

Perspica Johnson paced the perimeter of the conference table. He mumbled under his breath as another perspica began speaking. He interrupted quickly, "We need to formulate a reply swiftly, or tensions will grow even higher. We cannot accept Tergnitz's demands, doing so could cripple us, but we must say so subtly, accepting the Sensalian proposal while ignoring Tergnitz's."

"Maybe war would not be such a horrible option," said another man, "General, what's the Tergnitzians defenses in the DMZ?"

The General began speaking, but was quickly cut off by Dr. Hunt, "There is no need for this discussion now, I am sure that our military is fully capable of launching an invasion into Tergnitz, but this is not what we want. We must end this diplomatically, Tergnitz has been our enemy for a long time, we cannot let them win the final match. Their demands are ridiculous, and cannot be accepted. But denying them their demands only lets them have the advantage." He paused for a moment, thinking, his eyes staring into space as thoughts flickered between his ears. He continued, "Any objective foreign government will laugh at Tergnitz's strategy, as no government can accept such demands. Yet, others will take this moment as their excuse."

Perspica Guean was quick to jump in, "The moment we deny their proposal, they will begin an outrage, you know it, they know it. The news agency that first published the allegations is a puppet organization of the government. They have planned this entire thing, their end result is unknown though. They might want to take over the Sanctum or aggravate other nations to hostile actions."

"The agreement is made then?" posed Perspica Johnson, obviously anxious to begin drafting the communique.

'Yes's' swarmed the conference room, and Dr. Hunt nodded, a Perspica then rose, nodded to the rest of them and then left the room. The woman then walked down the hallway, entered an elevator and rode it to a much more busy corridor. People ran all about, papers flying in the air, fingers rapidly hitting keyboards. She yelled to a man, "Alex!"

He got the hint and began controlling the scene, people walked softer, but with more agility, papers were neater, and the room quieted down. The woman moved quickly into her office, shut the door, and sat down at her computer. She stretched for a moment and began typing the communique.

To: The Governments of the Nations of Judea
From: Assembly of the Perspicacious, The Federative Noocracy of Solm
Classification Level: Open
Subject: RE: Investigation

To all nations residing in Judea,

The Federative Noocracy of Solm is pleased that we a response was made so swiftly and that the governing body of Tergnitz does not believe in the abhorrent falsified allegations against the Noocracy. We are very happy that the government of Tergnitz is open to having a committee to oversee an official investigation into corruption. We, however, think that the proposal made by the government of Tergnitz does not go far enough. We wish to show the Sanctum, Judea, and the world that these allegations of widespread corruption were just contrived to increase publicity.

Hence, we propose the following: a committee compromised of one representative from each nation in Judea be drafted to oversee the investigation, Solm or Tergnitz, due to bias, will not be allowed to send a representative to this committee to ensure that an objective answer is reached. The committee will have full access to any building pertaining to the original corruption allegations made. We will further be even more generous and allow the committee to consult with Solmian police to arrest, detain, and jail individuals that the committee has proved to have broken Solmian or international laws.

We hope that the nations of Judea will accept this proposal to initiate an investigation to prove or disprove widespread corruption within the government of Solm. We will make open the Assembly of the Perspicacious to any and all questions from foreign nations.

Sincerely,

Dr. John Hunt,
Supreme Perspica of the Federative Noocracy of Solm
Last edited by Solm on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 pm

12:06 TSTZero Hour + 12 hours and 21 minutes

"For the best, perhaps, it's probably too strong," she said when Theodore rejected the drink. In truth, it was a generic liquor which she did not mind wasting. There were times when you pulled out your best, your most impressive. Those times were rare when dealing with foreigners, yes, but they did happen. They were the times when it was important to impress upon others that you were, in fact, a person of note. It was just a detail, sometimes a strong one depending on who you were dealing with.

For these, her badge of office and flanking sigils would do just fine. They were something special and above which he and his delegation had nothing to match as far as she was concerned. The liquor did more when it was between mutually perceived equals.

She waited for him to take a seat before rejoining her own, and waved to acknowledge his request for a cigarette. She had her own laying across the top of her desk, an electronic with a long, thin holder on it to mimic the vintage style. It remained in its spot, however.

“Where would you like to begin?”

She leaned forward in her chair, clasping her hands and placing them on the desk, considering the question. The obvious point was "why are you here?" She had some idea, of course, otherwise the meeting might never have been arranged. Not with her, anyway. The Republic did send out barely-relevant barones and baroneasas to speak with representatives of barely-relevant nations quite often. Those talks usually resulted in things like "fine, we won't say we don't recognize your nation's sovereignty." That was actually a fairly big step, really. That you had an embassy in the nation meant next to nothing. So did almost everyone else.

Tergnitz hadn't yet had that discussion, but they had apparently moved past that step and on to pressing concerns.

"I imagine," she said slowly, "that you would like the Republic to aid you in some kind of venture, likely one which you're hesitant to embark on under purely your own power."
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

10 Lovell St.
New Tralee, Hegstoria
Liberation Citadel
Zero hour + 16 hours

Click clack, click clack, click clack, the sound of a pair of fine leather shoes clicking against the floor reverberated through the halls of the 68th floor. The man to whom the shoes belonged and who was walking was a short stocky man, somewhere from his late 40's to mid 50's, it was tough to tell. His hair was thinning on the top, but everywhere else was dark gray in tone. Aside from the sweat stains under his armpit he was clean, well dressed, and aside from being slightly out of breath was in pretty good condition for a man of his stature. He was carrying in his arms a large stack of folders and files, all with large red stamps on them varying in degree from For eyes only to Above confidential, those who are found to be in possession of this or duplicates will be arrested under Federal statute #384 article 2. The man did appear to be stressed over something, but the importance of these documents didn't seem to be it. He was, instead, continuously looking back from his path to his watch, though which he was looking at more wasn't easily determinable. He quickly rounded a corner and entered a large room with an even larger oak door at it's rear. Sitting behind a desk in the far right of the room sat a young women who, upon seeing him, gave him a nod and said "Don't worry Minister, the President hasn't convened the meeting yet." The man sighed and gave her a nod putting the files down onto a small coffee table across from the secretaries desk. He slowly said in a gruff tired voice, wiping th sweat from his brow "You know Charlotte, he really has to stop calling these last minute meeting. It wouldn't be so bad, but he had us pull every file on 2 nations and one multinational alliance only an hour ago. It's as if he thinks I have no other duties. I'm the bloody Minister of Foreign Relations for Christs sake." he slowly leaned backwards, into the couch whilst the secretary nodded and said "Well Mini-" she paused and looked down at a screen and then nodded. She looked back up at the Minister and said "That's your call." he sighed and slowly lifted himself back up and out of his seat. He picked up the stack of papers and walked over to the door, awkwardly pushing his way through with the help of the secretary. He walked over to an oval shaped table in the middle of the room. He placed his stack of papers down behind a nameplate with the name "Minister S. Mitchell, Foreign Relations" and sat down in it.

5 minutes later

The last of the ministers filed into the large meeting room, all carrying some stack of files or a brief case with files inside of it. There was also a small group of who looked like assistants sitting in the back of the room writing notes down or awaiting the meeting to start to commence note taking. Several of the men sitting around the table were talking, mostly idle chit chat or about certain developments in their specific area of expertise. Finally, a man in his late 40's entered the room through a door in the back of the room. Quickly everyone in the room stood up, followed by a slight pause in which he nodded to everyone. They all promptly sat back down. He had dark brown hair eith a few patches of gray here or there. He was dressed extremely well, he wore what looked like an expensive pair of oxford style shoes, and a well cut suit. As he was sitting down he slowly began to speak "I apologize for the impromptu notification about the meeting, gentlemen. I was only just briefed on the situation in Judea by Minister Mitchell an hour ago. It wouldn't matter so much if it weren't for the fact that Parliament has been discussing for a while about joining the Judeans, and the fact that we're allies with several members." he gave a short sigh and then began again "Now then gentlemen, i suppose we start things off right away. Sean, go ahead." Minister Mitchell slowly began to speak as he sifted through the stack of papers "Well, it's simple really. Here's a quick brief on the situation in case your unaware," he handed out a copy of the file on the situation to each of the men around the table "word is scarce at the moment. All we have is the article from the Tergs news agency saying the Solms are corrupt and the Solms press release denying the charges." he paused looking around the table and then said "Aside from that we really don't know anything else. We've got some demands for the truth and whatnot from the international community, but other than that things are scarce, Mr. President." President Shepherd quickly said "Well, Stephen, what can you tell me from your end?"

Stephen C. Murphy, the Director of the RLES (OOC: Hegstorian intelligence) was probably in his late 50's or 60's, but that was the only thing about him that was old. His hair, whilst gray, was as full as any mans, though he did keep it short. He stood tall at 6'2 and had a voice that could command the attention of any man, or beast for that matter. He slowly said in a strong Liethian (OOC: Ar Lieth is a region of Hegstoria) accent, "Well, sir, I can't really tell you anything Mr. Mitchell's already said. I've got people in Pretoria and Corvian going through their contacts. They haven't found anything yet, but the second they do I'll have the info rushed to you." Shepherd nodded his head slowly and turned back to Mitchell "So, Sean, what're your projections for this? Where do you think it'll go?" Sean slolwy rubbed the back of his neck in a thinking manner and finally began to speak "Emmm, it's tough to say. Right now they're talking about holding a Judean tribunal of sorts to get to the bottom of things. But from there it's anyones guess. If it is revealed it's all a hoax, the Terg's might just deny it and say the Solm's rigged it. Or vice versa for that matter. The Solm's might even refuse to relinquish power should things go bad. Then of course we have the possibility of war, though I don't know how likely that'll be." he shrugged and continued "It's anyones guess, Mr. President. Anyones guess." Shepherd nodded his head slowly and said "Well we're allies with the Solmians, so if they do go to war in all likelihood we'd be going to war as well. So General, how about it? How's our preparedness?" the man the President had directed his question to, General Stanley McAlister, was somewhere in his late 50's, and stood at around 5'10. His hair was as white as snow, not necessarily a bad thing of course. He was skinny, even lanky by some people’s definitions, and had a long face. He wore a standard army officers dress uniform, though of course it marked his rank as well as a plethora of medals and honors. He quickly said "Well, we have the advantage of not being actually in the Judean continent. Any invading force would have to send a fleet, and given the situation I would think they'd prioritize taking out the local threats before coming after us. As for defenses, right now we have a standing army of around 40,000,000, but in the event of war we could easily surge that number up several times, especially if we were to be attacked. Our strategic defense network is good, supplies are plentiful, and SkyGuard is still feeding us information." he paused and then said "We could easily wage a defensive war. But, Mr. President, I don't know if we're ready to wage an offensive war. We could send some personnel to help defend the Solm's from attack, but other than that I'm not sure if I'd be willing to go on the offensive." Shepherd quickly replied “Stanley, don’t give me any bullshit. Are we ready for this?” McAlister shook his head and sighed “Sir, we’ve sent troops in to support civil wars. Deliver aide during a disaster. Hell we even sent out a detachment to combat pirates. But to we have never been in a war like this. Even if it were jut the Terg’s and the Solm’s, we still wouldn’t be ready. The majority of our troops have never experianced any combat, let alone combat against a well trained fighting force. I think they will preform well, but they mightn't be as good as our enemies.”

Shepherd nodded his head and slowly began to speak “I’m a man of my word, and I pledged that we would come to the aid of Solm should they need it. Going off of what you’ve told me, we have a fighting chance, and that’s all I need to know. We’ll release an official pres release stating our intention to help find the truth while continuing to standby our ally, Solm. But i also want a heavily encrypted message sent to the Solm’s pledging our support, irregardless of the results of the inquiry.” he paused to guage the reactions of the men sitting around the table and then quickly said “That is all. You’re dismissed.” As the men began to file out of the room, some discssing what had just transpired while others were busy notifying their underlings of what had just been decided, Shepherd looking at Minister Mitchell said “Minister please stay behind for a few moments.” he nodded and continued to sit in his place, looking through the files to make sure he hadn’t forgotten anything. Once all had left Shepherd walked over to him and said “I want all nonessential personnel out of our embassies in Tergnitz and Solm. Close them to everything except official diplomatic matters ad have their security force on high alert. Also, have the Tergnitz embassy be prepared to torch and fly at a moments notice. I don’t like this, Sean, something is definitely fishy about this situation.” Mitchell nodded his head and said “Agreed Mr. President, agreed. I’ll have your instructions sent out immediately.” He nodded to the President and slowly spun around, careful not to drop his large stack of papers, and walked through the door.

The Federal Republic of Hegstoria
Official press release
Minister Samuel Lisbon

The Federal Republic of Hegstoria is, and always has been, a nation dedicated to the pursuit of justice and truth. The recent events in Judea are very troubling to the government of Hegstoria not only because we believe in truth and justice, but also because in recent months we have been vigorously discussing joining the ranks of the Judea. We have long believed the people of Judea to be a just and honest people, which makes this whole ordeal all the more troubling to us. We pledge to help the Judeans seek out the truth and try to resolve this in a peaceful and civilized manner. We will do all we can to uncover the truth and, if need be, will pledge to help bring whoever is at fault to justice.

From the office of the Ministry of the Interior
Approved by the Minister of the Interior,
Samuel D. Lisbon

To: The The Federative Noocracy of Solm
Encryption level: Extremely high

To President John Hunt,

President Hunt, this message comes directly from the President of Hegstoria, and is for your eyes only. Upon having this delivered to you by our diplomat in your nation we request that you destroy it and any copies of it. This letter should be considered of greater importance than the press statement released by my government not long ago, and we request that you disregard the press statement entirely. The Federal Republic hence forth pledges full, undying support to you no matter the outcome of the investigation. Whether they determine your nation to be corrupt or not we shall fully support you and whatever decision you make, though we do ask that you please try to go about this in a peaceful manner first and foremost. If you would like, the Federal Republic can begin sending federal marines to your nation immediately under the guise of a Searon training mission to help bolster your own armed forces in the event violence does break out. You may give your response directly to our Representative in your nation, who will subsequently deliver it to myself and the President. Thank you, and good luck.

From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations,
Minister Sean S. Mitchell.
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."-Oscar Wilde

Defcon 5: Pax Hegstoriana
Defcon 4: Ehh, things are pretty good, but a bit heated
Defcon 3: War seems near, but not at the moment, and far from the mind
Defcon 2: Get a helmet
Defcon 1: Put on said helmet

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

Map: -currently under a redesign-

Size: 7,825,600 km^2

Life Expectancy: 84.59 years Courtesy of Unibot

Alliances: Skyguard Defense Network

embassy program

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:04 am

12:08 TSTZero Hour + 12 Hours and 23 Minutes

"I imagine," she said slowly, "that you would like the Republic to aid you in some kind of venture, likely one which you're hesitant to embark on under purely your own power."

Theodore took a long puff of the expensive cigarette, mulling over what the Councillor had said. He looked past her at the impressive-looking badge of office and flanking sigils situated behind her chair, simultaneously resisting the urge to change his seating position in the uncomfortable chair. To do so would be to demonstrate that she had succeeded in gaining the advantage, however small it may be, in these crucial negotiations.

Exhaling softly, Theodore tapped the end of the cigarette into the ash tray lying on the Councillor’s desk. He watched as a several small specks of ash which had been tentatively attached to the main body of the cigarette broke off and began to descend gracefully into the glass tray. “Forthrightness is a trait which is often lacking in our line of work Councillor,” began Theodore slowly. “Yet it seems like you are not a member of that particular school of thought,” he concluded with a friendly yet clearly practised smile.

“You are of course correct, I have been sent here on behalf of the Imperial Government to obtain the diplomatic, financial and if the need arises, military support of the Republic should a series of events come to pass.” Theodore paused before continuing, “No doubt you would be aware of the current scandal ranging through the Judean region regarding the possibility of Solmian corruption in the upper tiers of the Sanctum pan-regional government?” He asked rhetorically, making the reasonable assumption that the Councillor would have at least a basic grasp of news beyond the Republic’s borders.

“While a panel of nations has been proposed to investigate this possibility of Solmian corruption, the Dominion believes that the Solmian’s will not approve of the measures of investigation outlined by the Dominion. Should this come to pass, the Dominion would have no choice other than to leave the Sanctum government,” said Theodore in a weary tone.

“Now this is where the support of the Republic comes in. If the Dominion resigns from the Sanctum, the Imperial Government feels that Solm and her allies would then use this event as an excuse to wage a war of aggression against the Dominion,” said Theodore with a soft sigh. “In exchange for the various forms of support which I outlined earlier, the Dominion is prepared to permanently hand over control of Miller Forward Operating Base and the surrounding area in Southern Judea to the Republic.”

Code: Select all
Imperial Internal Security Directorate Phone Intercept #385629636
15:28 – 8/3/2011
Keywords logged: Protocol, Compromised, Blows up, Boys in Green, Operation

User: 1434-3241-5976 - - - Access Granted to Restricted Files

Loading Data...

Unencrypting Files...

Transcript Begins...

Subject One - “Yes”

Subject Two – “Are you alone?”

S1 - “I told you not to contact me on this line.”

S2 - “Are you alone?”

S1 - *muffled sound* “I am, but not for long. You should know that this line could be compromised. A replacement is not due until tomorrow.”

S2 - “Do not worry about this break in protocol, I have seen to it already and you are needed. The farmer has rejected our offer at the store. The family has decided to pack up and return home. We shall not be visiting him again.”

S1 - “I see.”

*silence for thirty seconds*

S1 - “The entire family has agreed to this?”

S2 - “Everyone’s opinion has been taken into consideration; we are all agreed that this is the best course of action.”

S1 - “I will make the necessary arrangements at my end. We shall not be caught off-guard if this blows up in our faces.”

S2 - “Yes, ensure the boys in green are ready for anything.”

S1 - “They will be. Anything else?”

S2 - “Our father has also thought about bringing his operation forward two weeks.”

S1 - “Has he now? That would certainly be a big decision.”

S2 - “Yes it would be; one which would require a lot of changes to be made immediately. Our extended family would also have to be told about the change. They’d just need something simple to sate their curiosity.”

S1 - “I’m sure I could come up with something to tell them.”

S2 – “Excellent. All the best.”

Transcript Ends

Manual Override Command 56AAZ entered...

Data Deletion – y/n

Command Entered -- Data Deletion Executed...

1% ==== 100%

Data Deleted – Closing Window
Last edited by Tergnitz on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wewtlandem
Minister

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wewtlandem » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:16 pm

The Great Hall of Metal, Koppenbech, Koppenbech Administrative District, Wewtlandem
The High Council
7:44 JST - Zero Hour + 19 Hours and 59 Minutes

Howard Jones read over the report one time. He had been in Greater Truno, visiting one of the poorer neighborhoods on part of his tour of the city, to try and expose the people of the city to the core of the government. He had just arrived after a connecting flight at a small military airport had been delayed due to raging winds and hail. Now, he looked over the report that had been formulated by the rest of the High Council. He was the metaphoric leader of the High Council. Of course, all of the Oligarchs were equal, but the rest of the men all conceded that Howard was the most charismatic, and definitely held the most sway with not just the public, but with the rest of the government of Wewtlandem.

His eyes scanned the last of the page, and he furrowed his brow. He questioned why other Judeans did some of the stuff they did, and it was clear that sometimes they did not think straight. He had seen all of the communiques from previous pages of the report, and the proposals from both the Tergnitzian and Solmian government were not only ridiculous, but made an ass out of the rest of the members of Judea. He questioned their motives, as both of them were making proposals that would frame the others' government in what seemed like a war to expose the inner workings of the government in a quicker fashion than the other could.

" Guys, this stuff is kind of shaky. I don't know whether we should take a side on this one. I mean, of course we are with the Sanctum by membership and affiliation, so if this ever does evolve, we will likely be fighting side by side Solm. For now, I say we just keep it neutral. We need to approach this situation with care. I do not want us to send a delegate, inspector, or whatever the fuck else they are planning for us to send to any kind of meeting or fact finding mission. We just need to fly under the radar on this one until we know exactly what is going on as far as the situation with searches and other kinds of missions that are being carried out. "

The other men all looked at Howard as he talked, and nodded and mumbled in consensus. He had the situation already well thought out and under control. The same words had pretty much been said by every man of the High Council earlier but they waited for Howard to make their final decision. It was a quick and easy five to zero vote that decided Wewtlandem was going to keep their noses out of every operation that was being launched jointly by JON, the Sanctum, or Judea as a whole. It would be better for Wewtlandem to just sit back and watch before taking any kind of diplomatic or military action in regards to the situation that seemed to have no peaceful end in sight.

OOC: Glorified Tag.
Last edited by Wewtlandem on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tergnitz
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:08 am

To: Commander Ernst Vi Friezer – Ralkovian Colonial Territories
Re: The Maintenance of Peace in the Greater-Judean Region
Encryption: Violet

His Imperial Majesty by the Divine Providence of the Almighty, the Emperor of Tergnitz, Augustus Tiberian Vera I; Patriarch of the House of Vera, Protector of Mankind, Father of the Fatherland, His Eminence the High and Most Holy Archbishop of the United Church Militant of Tergnitz, Defender of the Faith, Princeps Senatus, Imperator Destinatus, Imperium Maius, Pius Felix, Grand Baron of the Upper and Lower Realms, Duke of Runnor, Lord Regent of Brusta , Lord Protector of the Allied-States of -Deus-, Dominus of the Praetorian Guard and Supreme Imperator of the Tergnitzian People, on behalf of the Righteous Imperial Dominion, would like to elicit the aid of the mighty Ralkovian Empire.

Our two nations have stood together in the past; maintaining international stability and security in the now defunct Conglomerate superstate. The downfall of this awe-inspiring hyper-power has been a true blow to the cause of peace and solidarity worldwide. Yet we do not have the luxury to dwell on the past, as current events force us to act.

Commander Friezer, you would have no doubt heard the recent story emanating from the Dominion regarding the possibility of a truly staggering amount of corruption present not only in the government of Solm, but in the Judean Sanctum alliance itself. It is becoming increasingly likely that in the next several hours, the Imperial Government will elect to break away from the Sanctum in an effort to reveal this corruption to the world through a meticulous investigation away from Solmain influence.

However, the Imperial Government believes that should the Dominion make any move to break from the Sanctum, the Noocracy of Solm and her pawns will use this act as a justification to wage a war of aggression against the Dominion. Thus I, on behalf of the Imperial Government of Tergnitz would like to elicit a promise from you, Commander Friezer, that in the event of war, the combined military forces of the Ralkovian Empire shall come to the Dominion’s aid out of respect for our past brotherhood in the Conglomerate, in addition to being granted a significant percentage of the spoils of war should conflict erupt.

Long Live the Emperor

Sincerely,

George Decan

Aran Stadium
Downtown Pretoria

JST 19:40 - Zero Hour + 19 Hours and 47 Minutes

“Five minutes Mr Yass,” whispered the audio technician, a look of concern and awe on his face as he addressed one of the most powerful men in the entire Dominion.

Hintar waved the man away furiously, clutching the mobile phone to his ear as he strained to hear the conversation on the other end. “...but of course Your Majesty, we have all the necessary assets in place,” said the disembodied voice of Lord Marshal Zass, his normally harsh tone mitigated somewhat by the static which continued to permeate the conversation.

Pacing around in the concrete tunnel, Hintar could have easily been mistaken for some caged animal aching to be free. “Your Majesty; gentlemen,” Hintar interjected into the conversation, “I must have the Council’s answer now. We have all thoroughly read and analysed the Solmian communiqué and it is clear that the Noocracy will not adopt our proposed method for the investigation. Thus, I am forced to conclude that their effort to sideline to Dominion from this investigative process is simply an attempt to bury any evidence of their corruption. On the other hand, it could also be demonstrative of the fact that they believe that their influence within the other nations of Judea is so high that they can simply manipulate the investigative panel to achieve their desired outcome. Either way, our nation’s course is clear in my opinion.”

For several minutes, there was near complete silence over the phone. He could hear some whispers in the background and the sound of paper being shuffled about, yet nobody seemed able or willing to respond. Finally, he heard the recognizable tone of the Emperor, “I agree with your conclusion Hintar. You have my approval to go ahead.”

“Your Majesty,” said Hintar softly; closing the phone gently before reaching out and handing it to his chief of staff who placed the small black device in his right-side suit pocket. Buttoning up his suit, Hintar completed one last mental checklist; going through every aspect of his appearance, making small adjustments as needed. He brushed several small strands of hair back behind his right ear before kneeling down on his left knee, “Lord, please give me the strength, courage and wisdom to lead my people through these troubled times.” His whispered softly in prayer before standing up again, wiping some of the dust off his trousers.

“Let’s do this,” he said to nobody in particular and began to walk out of the staging tunnel onto the freshly mowed grass of the Aran Stadium. The background noise of fifty-thousand people talking, moving, eating and drinking; sounds which before were overpowering became nearly deafening. Small pin-pricks of light exploded in his vision as the dark expanse of the stadium was lit up by a multitude of camera flashes.

Doing his best to ignore this sensory overload, Hintar continued to walk out of the tunnel and proceeded to his right, approaching a hastily-build wooden stage covered in a coat of midnight black paint. His gaze was directed straight at the glass podium which rested in the precise center of the stage. His pace was deliberate and constant, fast enough to give the appearance that he was enthusiastic about the prospect of giving a speech, yet slow enough to ensure that he did not appear comical or ‘cartoonish’. To his far right, the chairs which would have normally contained thousands of cheering fans were vacant as the entire area had been cordoned off to ensure that all of the citizens present tonight could view their Princeps as he spoke. As he reached the podium, he turned towards the dark stadium; small sections of which were occasionally lit up by more camera flashes; and waited. Arms resting comfortably and casually by his sides, Hintar glanced up at the two large television screens at the far end of the stadium, both of which were focused on his face.

After several minutes, the din of noise began to peter out, leaving an uneasy silence as the crowd watched and waited.

“Sons and daughters of the Dominion.

For many years, our people have lived in the shadow of decadence and corruption. We were prisoners. Blindfolded! Fending off blows from every direction!

What had we done to deserve this treatment? We did not even know who our enemy was. They lurked in darkness, feeding off the gutter trash of humanity while spewing their lies about peace, brotherhood and virtue. We were innocent victims of greed and of hatred and of despicable cunning.

Yet we shall not be forced to live in the darkness for one more day; for the Devil’s agents have been revealed. Today shall be the day when the blindfold is ripped from our eyes, when we face our oppressors in the light of day!

The Solmian. We recognize him, we recognize him! We see how his filth and his greed have stained the heart of this great region. We mush crush this vermin, we must wipe this pestilent plague from the face of the Earth.”

A vast cheer erupts from the crowd as Hintar’s speech grows in tempo, adopting a much more aggressive tone in the process. He pauses for a minute, allowing the crowd a moment to settle down before continuing, his voice low and serious.

“Noble citizens of this glorious Dominion, I do not have to regale you with the tales on how the Solmian people have wronged this great nation, on how they have wronged you. For you all know how they attempted to annihilate our Dominion during their unprovoked war of aggression last year.

Even with the Devil’s strength on their side, they failed in their quest to subjugate our people. Our Dominion emerged triumphant. No Solmian soldier has, nor shall he ever, set foot on our sacred soil. Yet what these barbarians could not accomplish through sheer force of arms, they now attempt achieve to via their puppets in the Judean Sanctum. Encircling our pure country with webs of deceit and corruption.

Yet your Government and your Emperor, will never let our nation fall to such despicable methods. Thus, I am proud to announce that tonight; we shall forge a burning path into the unknown. Together, we shall leave the vice and depravity of this Old World; an act which parallels the actions of our forefathers, the great founders of this nation.

Tonight!”
    Roared Hintar into the array of microphones perched on the edge of the podium, “Our Dominion resigns from the rotting cesspool of the Judean Sanctum in an effort to once and for all, reveal the depths of Solmian depravity to the world. We will sacrifice, we will struggle yes. But only then will we triumph and we will triumph!”

Hintar’s final words echoed around the Stadium as they were taken up by the crowd. Men and woman; young and old, began to yell themselves horse, shouting as hard as they could in the forlorn hope that their words would reach the distant capital of the Noocracy. A small grin spread across Hintar’s face as he turned away from the podium.

The Players have Arrived - The Board is Set - The Die has been Cast – The Future Beckons
Last edited by Tergnitz on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ustio North
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ustio North » Mon May 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Government House, Austresium
Lyracas, Judea
Federal Republic Of Ustio

JST: 20:49 - Zero Hour + 21 Hours and 44 Minutes

"Jesus sweet christ." the Sub-Chancellor, Alyx Graystone, hissed, flicking through the brown covered portfolio containing transcripts of just about every message, conversation and speech made in Judea over the course of the day. "How did we not pick up on this sooner?"

"I honestly have no idea, Madam Chancellor." a panic-stricken looking aide, trying to keep pace with Grayson's brisk stride as they walked up the steps of Government House, replied "GCHQ in Amurus wanted to make sure-"

"I don't give a damn what they wanted to make sure." Alyx snapped, closing the file and handing it forcefully to the aide. "This first news story has been live for damn-near twenty-four hours. We should have been on top of this the moment it broke."

She sighed. Her posting as Sub-Chancellor of Lyracas, a region of land in Judea that came under the jurisdiction of the Federal Republic of Ustio, her homeland back in the region of Azhukali, was meant to be a simple posting, dealing with the local Judean inhabitants and simply making sure that the region didn't fall into chaos.

Yet this was one month in and already the entire region was grabbing their proverbial pitchforks, lighting their torches and seemingly taking the Solmian Noocracy to the stake.

"What is the Homeland's position on the situation?" Alyx asked, as they stepped into the Chanellor's office.

"The Chancellor officially wishes to support the Noocracy, ma'am." the aid replied, closing the door behind him and setting the file down on the desk. "It's their belief that these charges are simply a smokescreen for the Tergnitzians to seize control of Judea."

"Christ. That's really going to put us in the line of fire. Do we know who else is supporting the Noocracy at this time?" Alyx asked, rubbing her forehead and opening the file once again. Pictures of the leaders of Judean nations, files on their nations, travel advisories, the works. Considering they had almost missed the entire story by an entire day, Alyx had to admit that their dossier was well stocked.

"Not yet, although some of the open communiques may well give some insight into who is backing who. Some of our Intelligence boys have suggested that there may also be influence from outside Judea, but we can't confirm that just yet." the aide replied, looking down at his PDA.

"Hm. Alright, i'll make a general statement in the next hour. Make sure to get it to the GSRN newsdesk in downtown as soon as. And get Lieutenant-Colonel Adams into my office no later than 23:00. I want to discuss any defensive measures we may have to take with him immediately." Alyx ordered. The aide nodded silently, pocketing his PDA and heading for the door. As he got there, Alyx called out to him; "What was your name again, kid?"

"Patterson, ma'am." Patterson replied

"Hell of a first month's posting, huh? she asked

"Yes ma'am." Patterson replied, slipping out and closing the door. Alyx sighed again, opening up the computer on her desk. Tapping the keyboard, she quickly set about typing up a statement to the people of Lyracas and the leaders of Judea.

To: Nations Of Judea
From: Ustian Federal Republic, Office Of The Lyracasian Chancellor
Re: "Nooocracy Corruption Charges"
Encryption: None

Dear Sir/Madam,

The charges levelled against the Federated Noocracy of Solm by the Imperial Dominion of Tergnitz are indeed shocking to hear. As a proponent of justice, for whatever crime, The Federal Republic of Ustio supports a full and transparent investigation into the claims. However, we are confident that the claims are false and that this investigation will prove that our friends in the Noocracy are indeed innocent, and will soon be cleared of any and all wrongdoing.

May the light of God guide you all in this troubling time.

Sincerely,
Alyx Graystone

Chancellor Of Lyracas
Last edited by Ustio North on Tue May 03, 2011 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated. However, rumours of my retirement were not.

[ Jenrak ]
Get Well Soon.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 pm

12:12TSTZero Hour + 12 Hours and 27 Minutes

"I find," she said slowly, reaching for a different crystal bottle with one hand while pulling near a short glass, "my dear, that getting to the point is often better than skirting the issue endlessly. No one ends up in an agreeable position after much time spent at maneuvering when such is entirely unnecessary. I do believe this is one of those times. You want something, we have it. Neither of those are a secret to anyone in this room."

She poured the amber liquid into the glass, just a finger's worth, and set the container aside. She did not, however, move to drink it.

"Let me tell you what I believe, personally -- not as a representative of this great republic. I believe that Solmian corruption is default. Not just in what they do with Judea. Your affairs are your own and we do not bother to delve into the subtleties of Judean international politics at this time. I believe that Solmian corruption exists because Solmians exist, and there can be no other way. So in this, I do not doubt that your dominion is correct in pursuing the measures it has set out upon, nor do I doubt that Solm will have nothing good to say about it."

She paused for a moment to gauge his and his compatriots' expressions.

"What I, personally, do not believe however is that it would be any other way with any other people in your locale, yourselves included. Judea is a known region of ... miscreants, let's say. Squabbling nations out for their own interests and their own interests only. This is how you are all known to us." But despite what may have been seen as criticism, she smiled. "In this, I believe we do have something in common, nation to nation."
Last edited by Santheres on Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solm
Senator

Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Sun May 08, 2011 11:56 am

Aran Stadium
Downtown Pretoria
JST 23:40 - Zero Hour + 23 Hours and 55 Minutes

He laughed. Smiling wickedly into the other man's face he slid his hand in his pocket. The other man grinned back, laughing, "And how do you know?:

"Oh, I know," said the other man hastily, whipping out a pistol from his pocket, the late hour took their toll on the men. Their eyes cool and calculated, but the lust was gone, he was tired.

"Jason, your gun is very small," he smiled, chucklingly has he stared down the barrel of the pistol. "So you know I falsified it, huh?"

Jason lifted his grin a bit higher, "We know."

"And how do you plan to prove that?" he replied swiftly.

The man chuckled, "It has been twenty-four hours since the story broke, the operation began three hours after that, you have been killed twenty-one hours after the operation's start. We have the proof."

The other man chuckled, smiling, "Then kill me." Bullets flew from somewhere above the buildings, flying down towards Jason who shot off a round at the man who exchanged conversation with, then jumped out of the alleyway, a bullet slammed against his shoulder, he bit his teeth down as the pain lunged its way towards him. His shoulder landed hard on the concrete, he closed his mouth, stifling a scream. He coughed, his mouth spewing blood.

A low-flying helicopter bloomed out of the dark, its gun recoiled and flew out a circle of bullets, sending the hot lead fly into the buildings that the shots seemingly came out. Bullets flew back towards the helicopter as it sent out another flurry. The firefight grew in its intensity as Solmian Special Operations Operatives stormed the buildings, their guns flying through the abandoned buildings as they tried to capture the criminals.

Jason stayed against the ground, coughing, agents stormed up to him, clearing the area and shooting up into the rooftops, "Jason, are you okay?"

"I... I'm fine..." he grumbled out, "It... it was him." The other men nodded, breathing into their radios, "Men down, call bus." Two men stayed with Jason, helping him up and the others made a circle around them, sending cover fire up towards the moon.

The darkness bursted into columns of light from the firefight, police sirens flickered to life as the firefight died down. Voices over the radios colluded, "Negative, they escaped."

"Damn, okay, let's pack out, greet the police and make up something."

"Roger that, helicopter landing to take Jason and the falsifier."

The helicopter slowly came down near the alley, the troops stormed wounded Jason and the dead body into the helicopter, it slowly rose up shortly afterwards. Leaving the blank alley to the local police.

To: The Federal Republic of Hegstoria
Classification Level: Encryption Level D4-F, Protocol Zulo Omega in Effect

To the Minister of the Interior, Samuel D. Lisbon,

We thank you for your support in this time of need, we fear, with the recent acts of Tergnitz, that a military action by them may be imminent, intelligence has showed that the corruption allegations are completely falsified. We hope that we may talk again soon so that we can brief you on the happenings of this developing story. We welcome the marines and hope that you will be able to send them quickly. Godspeed. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ms. Natalie Heath
Perspica of the Borough of Foreign Affairs,

Classified Orders to Military Command

Priority: Very High
To: Admiral Bradley R. Richardson
Classification Level: Top Secret, Encryption Mod7 586 Bytes AES-Military Grade

To Admiral,

Prepare military readiness for assault on Fidelio.

All procedures are operational. Build-up Authorized. Training operations Authorized. Proceed with Plan D to equip and ready for military activity.

International military activation Authorized.

Do so all immediately, prepare for DEG473.

Activate Slet Team 7-9.

Over

Sincerely,
Mr. Alexander Renat
Last edited by Solm on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-The West Coast-
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby -The West Coast- » Sun May 08, 2011 5:39 pm

A fellow of a good Name, but poor Condition, and worse Quality, was Convicted for laying an Embargo on a man whom he met on the Road, by bidding him Stand and Deliver, but to little purpose; for the Traveller had no more Money than a Capuchin, but told him, all the treasure he had was a pound of Tobacco, which he civilly surrendered. —The Proceedings of the Old Bailey, 25 April 1677

Shiloh, The West Coast
Confederate White House
1:44 PM - Tuesday
Cloudy - Chance of Rain
78% Humidity

"Mr. President, what I'm proposing may seem like undue risk, especially with our strict isolationist policy in place; but if you look at the long term effects of such a proposition, you'll see it will benefit our great Confederacy ten thousand fold." The thin, dark haired minister of foreign affairs nervously looked around the lavish room, from one member of the cabinet to the next, again landing on the stoic grey haired president. His proposition, the "Benjamin Plan", proposed Confederate bushwhackers to infiltrate the nation of Tergnitz and halt supply and troop movements to vital war front-lines.

"I understand Judah, you've tired my ear with your plan. I dislike breaking policy, but I know how important future relations are with Judean powers. You have my signature." The Minister of War rose to speak, intent on shooting the plan down. A sharp look from the president brought the old general back into his rather plush and ornate golden chair. Judah Benjamin broke out into a large smile and excitedly thanked his oldest friend before the cabinet meeting was adjourned. "I won't let you down Mr. President, you'll see."

Castalia, The West Coast
Castalia Harbor
2:00 AM - Thursday
Cloudy - Raining
68% Humidity

"Them not goin' to know what they're in for." The small group nodded in agreement. Eight highly trained Confederate soldiers well versed in asymmetrical warfare. All veterans of the civil war, all veterans of the guerrilla war. They wore their old uniforms - or what was left of them anyway. They wore a mixture of old uniforms from both the Northern States and the Confederate. Red, gray, butternut and blue. Black and tan felt forage caps, or a cavalry cap with a burlap flap covering their faces. The rain wouldn't let up for awhile and their uniforms were already drenched, and they'd just arrived.

Several feet away from the main "camp" there was a small rocky outcropping. A rather tall, lanky man stood out looking through a par of black and gold binoculars. He scanned the horizon, watching for expectantly. Nothing. He cursed in a very accented Texan voice and put away the binoculars. The men looked up at him, the bright orange flames casting a weak light his way. "Nothing yet boys. Might could be 'till the morning." They all cursed the navy and kicked out the fire, plunging the camp into darkness.
// THE GRAND OLD CONFEDERACY OF THE WEST COAST //

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."
— Edmund Burke; Reflections on the Revolution in France

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Sun May 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Saint Paul, Minnysota
The White House
6:23 PM - Wednesday

"Joshua, what makes you think that this, plan, will be effective?"

The five-star general was quick to attack Joshua's plan for war, which was a critical need for the military now that a great war was on its way to strike Judea. Joshua, however, was prepared for all of the questions that would be thrown at him and his so-called "master plan". With a stout stance and a haughty expression on his face, Joshua gave his reply.

"Why do I think this will work, you ask? That is obvious and has been answered indirectly several times during the presentation. If we can make Tergnitz think we wish to be at peace with them and that we support them, then we can secure an open border. When war finally does break out, we can retaliate against them quickly and strike them at their soft spot when they aren't looking."

The prestigious adviser turned around on his heels to face the general once again. Now looking straight at him, his facial expression became serious. He had to make it evident that no general could falter his plans for Minnysotan glory.

"Mr. President, I sincerely hope that you look through my proposal. I have planned out nearly every possible response, and any mishaps that we could encounter. We want to ensure the protection of our allies, without putting our people at risk, don't we? Well if we do, there is no better way than to strike Tergnitz when they aren't looking!"

The seemingly ageless president looked up at Joshua with a wide grin. The air was sucked out of the room as the attendants of the meeting anxiously awaited the President to give his approval or veto of the plan. With thousands of lives on the line no matter what he did, the President nodded.

"By attacking Tergnitz after we have obtained peace with them, we will catch them off guard. They have become a menace to the Sanctum and all of Judea, and they must be dealt with. This plan, I believe, will put an effective end to Tergnitz's power with minimal chances of putting our people into harm's way."

Joshua, who had been holding his breath for the President's response, now gasped and let the oxygen back into his lungs. He walked over to the President with a brisk pace, shook his hand, and then saluted the other members of the meeting. Opening the doors, he walked out with a smile on his face, knowing that he had in fact changed the course of Minnysota's future for the rest of time.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Cichy
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cichy » Tue May 10, 2011 8:54 pm

[Addis Ababa, Royal Palace]
[Kingdom of Cichy]
[8:45] JST - [Zero Hour+ 24 Hours and 20 minutes]

"In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; we have a strong city; salvation will Jah appoint for walls and bulwarks. Open ye gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord God Jah Rastafari forever: for the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength...." -Excerpt from Isaiah 26-

Ras Menolek sat in the throne room buried deep in thought and reports. His large ebony wood desk covered in various papers and files containing letters and information and newspaper clippings from all across the continent about the various events takings place now. It was the time to act on behalf of everything that had come to pass. Zion had been formed under the disposition that it would be apart from the western influences. A nation not bound by the rules of Babylon, but apart from it. Now as he looked at the reports of corruption in the Noocracy and the impending events that seemed to loom over Judea this would be the first real test of the Monarchy. Menolek gently rubbed his beard and pondered. The kingdom would not join in this if there was to be a conflict. The baldheads could fight it out if they wanted but as far as Menolek was concerned this was no issue for Zion to stick its nose into. Yes, this would be his position as he talked to the Council of Tribes today. Surely they would have the same point of view he did. After all, they had come to this land in search of a place away from the violence and influence of Babylon. Why would they have left only to re-engage themselves?

"THUD THUD," there was a knock on the doors.

"Enter," called out Menolek from the desk without taking his eyes off the papers.

"Hail Ras an greetin's great king," said Mutabaruka, one of Menolek's attaches and highest ranking diplomat. "Di council a ready fi iyah," said Mutabaruka slightly bowing as he spoke.

"Let InI gwan den," said Menolek as he slowly got out of his chair. Mutabaruka eyed him as he got up, taking nothing with him. "Naa go a worry Muta," said Menolek, "Di verse a come from HIM GOD, InI know di path. InI let di yea be yea and nay be nay, anyting else sow confusion."

As they made their way to the car waiting to take Menolek to the council tent, Menolek kept turning over and over in his head how the other nations were going to take their position. What more concerned him was what position the Georgians to the north would take. It was a precarious relationship, not hostile, but not yet friendly either. Not that there would be any reason for the two country's to dislike one another. There was only so much that was indeed in his power, he hoped he was making the right decision. As they got to the car an attendant opened the door for Menolek and Muta as they got in.

"What about di nation, Ipeople will wan a know what we a gwan an do," said Muta trying to calculate the administrations steps.
"As farI dis, it will gwan an' be broadcast inna di Council of Tribes live," said Menolek.

"All tings fi a ya good, great king," said Muta, realizing he had second guessed Menolek in front of him. The rest of the ride was silent.

20 minutes later....

Gregory Walker, from the Benjamin tribe sat with sweaty palms. He had been chosen as the representative for the Council of Tribes to address Ras Menolek with the councils position on the corruption charges of Solm and how Cichy should handle the situation. It wasn't that he was afraid, he just had not had much experience speaking to the King. He adjusted his tam to make sure his locks were contained and orderly. He took a drink from the glass of water in front of him.

"All rise," boomed a voice from the entrance to the tent, " for His Imperial Majesty Ras Menolek IV, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah!!" Walker took another gulp from his glass. Empty. Hopefully his mouth wouldn't stick.
The council chamber became immediately quite as Menolek entered. His red, green, and gold robes flowing behind him. As he took his seat in front of the council he held up his hand in the greeting and spoke, "Hail Ras."

"Hail Ras," was the response from the council. Then Menolek made a large rap from the gavel and all in the chamber were seated.

"Let HIM people open wit a prayer from Bobo Makonnen," said Menolek as he gestured with his hand to the older elder dressed in white from toe to tam.

"Love and Respect King," said Makonnen as he walked up to the mic. " Lord God JAH Rastafari, we call upon I wisdom to guide the leaders of dis Ipeople. Give HIM Ras Menolek guidance and wIsdom in dis coming turbulence. Make HIM a council among a di nations. Irie and blessings on Ipeople. Selah." And with that the old man took his seat.

Ras Makonen then rose to speak, "InI have come to address di council on InI position about di corruption inna Babylon. InI ovastand Iyah wish to address InI first. InI recognize breddah Walker," as Menolek gave the floor to Walker.

"Livity and Itations great King," replied Walker as he stood, "InI will keep dis a sweet an' dandy. Di Council feel that we ought not involve in Babylon affair directly. As Jahman say it a force a nature man, that why there a no need fi slay di wicked. Just leave dem a go face death an dey shall perish. Hail Ras and many thanks Makonen," said Walker as he sat down, realizing how bad he was sweating. He looked over to the man next to him, who simply nodded his head signifying he had done well.

"InI shall consider di advice from a di Council. We shall now recess an pon di hour InI will return wit a decision," said Menolek. As he stood to exit the tent again, everyone rose and the King retired to make his final decision.

Outside the Tent....

Several news agencies had began to set up outside the tent and prepare for the final position of the government as Judea was poised on the edge. Several reporters talked into the camera reporting everything that had happened up to the point, including the statement from the young Benjaminite to the King about the Council's position.

"Okay, Okay Dennis, take it down, we're done out here let's get inside to get a good seat for the formal statement," said Elizabeth Ockney to her cameraman. She was a young, go-getter and recent graduate who had been hired on at one of the top public stations in Cichy, CichyOne Radio and Television. People want to see a pretty face when they get the news is what they had basically told her when she was hired. Never mind her journalistic credentials. She hoped one day to break a story as big as the one flaming across Judea.

"Where do you wan mi Liz," asked Dennis as he fumbled about.

"Over here to so we can get a side shot of the kings chair after the speech," she said frustrated. It made her mad that she got such a clumsy crewperson. "Just make sure it looks good Dennis and InI buy you a drink after this, okay," she said hoping to inspire him a little? A man came out and gave a signal, it was almost time. "Okay, here we go Dennis, start rolling and they'll take it up live here from the studio as soon as Makonen starts." As soon as Dennis started rolling the king came out from the anteroom and stepped directly up to the podium as all cameras focused on him and what he would say. Makonen looked directly into the camera, he knew he was not only speaking to his people, but giving his response for Cichy to all of Judea:

"Livity and Peace upon Jah people a Cichy an di Earth. Let InI speak briefly an to di point. Systems of government which 'ave sought to impose uniformity a belief 'ave survived breifly and den expired, blinded and weakened by obsessive reliance pon their suppos'd infallibililty. A di only system a government which can survive is one prepared to tolerate dissent and criticism an which a go accept dese as useful an inevitable aspects a society an political relations. Dis tol'rence of dissent an criticism proceed from a single premise: a di government exists to serve di people an haffi trust to a go work fi di general welfare. Di same trust exist a member a international organizations. An dese members must adhere to dis conception a international welfare. Di corruption inna Babylon, namely Solm, haffi shown we dis conception of international welfare is not present. A di same time, representatives a nations can only come together wit open mind an 'earts to engage in dialogue, without rigid dogma an slogans an without violence. Inna di respect, dem Babylon Terganitz haffi failed.
InI, an di Council a Tribes, agree that dese nations na gwan care 'bout di people a Cichy, an Jah people. Therefore, we na go side with either a Babylon. Zion look outward toward a true leader. Lets us therefore be clear.
Leadership does not mean domination. Di world a full a dem who wish to rule an dominate their breddah an sistren. We look to a different sort a leader. One who seek to effective activity serving a beneficent purpose. One who a go inspire others to follow in him wake, an holding aloft di torch a wisdom, lead society to realize its genuinely great aspirations. To a go be first in place, dem must also be first inna merit. None-a dem in Babylon 'ave dis.
Therefore, by Ipeople own choice, Zion will a go remained unaligned. We will continue to emphasise di policies ona di vexational issues a di day: di urgent imperative a universal disarmament, di settlement a disputes through peaceful negotiations, an di supremecy a reason and logic ova force an irrationality.
If dey a go war inna Babylon, den we stand a bastion a peace and reason, for all dem dat seek di peace. Peace an love, Jah Rastafari guide an protect forevermore. Selah."

For almost a second in Cichy, one could've heard a pin drop.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sat May 21, 2011 2:22 pm

The Nestrum, Greater Angland Province
The Greater Anglish Empire of Saint Joerg of Petier
18.54 JST - Zero Hour + 19 Hours + 1 minutes

"Seventeen Thousand Four Hundred and Seventy Eight, Day One Hundred Twenty Seven." A deep voice intoned.

"The... Fall of Jain to the forces of Calindruth the Eagle?" I reply, unsure of who is asking and for what reason.

"Correct. Twenty-Four Thousand Three Hundred and Fourty Five, Day Three Hundred and Eleven." The same deep voice.

"The Start of the Grave Reform, and the End of Grangriel's Rule." I answer more assuredly this time, aware that I am being tested.

The voice speaks again. "Seventy-Seven Thousand Four Hundred and Two, Day Two Hundred and Fifty."

I answer without thinking. "The Ascension of Pierre the Wise to the throne, and End of the Twelve Thousand Year Sleep."

"Seventy Eight Thousand One Hundred and Twenty Eight, Day One."

I pause. That's today's date, but to answer in that way would be wrong. Hmm, think, dammit, think. Oh, why did I follow Calph last night? Again? By the God's the man can drink! And the women he attracts, my Go-

TWACK!

I sit up and grasp my arm. I glare at the man and look down, wary of another attack. Eldest son of King Elismere of Angland, I really shouldn't have to put up with this. A red-brown mark was on my arm, standing out even against my olive tanned skin. The man chuckles and speaks.

"The answer, young sir, is the first day of the Readying."

Now that gets my attention in a way only the best of Calph's girls can do. To my bemusement, I feel the first stirrings of desire in my loins, but attribute it to Calph. Damn, the man can pick a girl. I snap out of thoughts as I realise Alefgos (the man with the stick) was still talking.

"... and your father, Lord knows why, has decided you should handle it."

Oh crap. Handle what, exactly? I desperately search my memory for any notable news stories or events from the past few days. Nothing. Panic setting in now. Damn you, Calph.

"Ok, where do I begin?" I ask, so as to say something. Gods, I am never drinking again.

Alefgos passes over a tablet. "Perhaps by reading up on the subject, since you failed to listen to me. Of course, what would a former diplomat of over 35 years know about a diplomatic crises. I only negotiated the Trea..."

I tune Alefgos out as I read. It's a story from some news agency in Tergnitz. Ok, so, Mr Reporter, blowing your trumpet to start with, I see. Oh, now we get to the good part. Corruption... Crime... Solmians, ew. I disliked the Solmians, simply because we were their Protectorate, a status I think should end. All in good time. Everything I desire shall become reality, when I am King...

To: The Nations of Judea
Subject: Alleged Solmnian Corruption

Following the recent accusations made by firstly the Tergnitz Global News Network, a Network held in disrepute within some sectors of the broadcasting community, and then by the government of Tergnitz itself, it has fallen to my personage to commit the Anglish people to a course of action. It is a dubious honour which my father has placed upon me, as my words and actions will effect not only Anglish within Judea, but in the colonies as well. Zhodans, Naizerri, Waans, Sarmish. They could all be swept away in a tide of violence and terror should the nations of Judea commit to war and villainy and terror.

These accusations must be investigated. Immediately. The Tergnitzians are not the ones to do so, however. A committee of non-aligned nations should be drawn up to investigate these claims. Should they be proven true, then Solmnian officials guilty of corruption should be tried. Should they prove to be false, then suits for defamation, and other related offences, should be brought.

A war does no-one any good. I say this not as the future King of a Solmnian Protectorate, but as a Prince of the Anglish.

May the Gods, Whomever They Be, Guide Us In These Times,
Sincerely,
HIAM, Prince Tellif
Duke of Das
Lord of Lavi
Last edited by -St George on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents