NATION

PASSWORD

Recent Events within International Incidents (READ THIS)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Holy Germania (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Holy Germania (Ancient) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:42 pm

I am somewhat new as well, and have a question: does waging war ACTUALLY effect your economy, population, etc. outside the rp, like on your nation's actual page?
DEFCON Level: 1
5-Peacetime readiness, 4-Normal readiness, 3-Alert status two, 2-Alert status one, 1-Maximum military readiness

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Greater Holy Germania wrote:I am somewhat new as well, and have a question: does waging war ACTUALLY effect your economy, population, etc. outside the rp, like on your nation's actual page?

No, not at all. It's entirely RP. There's no connection between RPed events and the main nation pages.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Barrettstia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barrettstia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Santheres wrote:
Greater Holy Germania wrote:I am somewhat new as well, and have a question: does waging war ACTUALLY effect your economy, population, etc. outside the rp, like on your nation's actual page?

No, not at all. It's entirely RP. There's no connection between RPed events and the main nation pages.

But you do earn brownie points if you RP waging war as having an effect on your RPed economy as well - but that's getting into the fairly complex levels of play now.
Welfare; Freedom; Democracy!
Info: Factbook | Map | Salamander Arms & Munitions
Alliances: ODECON | Escapikickass
DEFCON: [1] 2 3 4 5
The Blaatschapen wrote:Fear the all knowing Barretstia for he is armed with information and knowledge *nods*
The Ularn wrote:
Zinaire wrote:I am a douchebag, but that doesn't make me any less right.
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Nak nak
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Nak nak » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:40 pm

As some stupid newbie made this statement:

Most recently the Empire's military annexed the Revolutionary Force of Nak Nak.

I for the one and only time participate in a roleplay.

Nak Nak farted and blew the youmanian empire into oblivion

Merkonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Merkonia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:27 am

Kagetora wrote:I'll ignore most of it because I agree with most of it. Except, I was lucky if you look at it right, because I didn't start RPing as a nation til I had a pop of like 3.5 bil (I did char RPs before that).

I think this isn't true. I think the RATIO of good to bad writers has gone down really badly. I think the ratio has become so skewed with the lack of email requirements, which allows everybody and their dogs to create accounts to post shit on.

I've been playing off and on for about 3 years now and even I can say I've seen a tremendous drop in attention payed to details. Why don't those of us with respect for the game and the willingness to make it as great as it once was restart our nations in our own region? New economies, new companies, new diplomacy, new everything. Restart the story so-to-speak.
The Corporate Sanctuary of Merkonia (MT), The Merkonian Federation (FT: SWG Member)

The Factbook of Merkonia
Embassies in Merkonia

Exodus Star System (FT)
Unified Realm

The Corporate Sanctuary of Merkonia is 31st in the world for the Most Pro-Market economy.

Xeraph
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2003
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeraph » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:13 pm

With all due respect, that's easy for you to say. I've been here since 2003. I haven't any intention of restarting.

Drvarska
Envoy

Founded: Jul 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Drvarska » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Xeraph wrote:With all due respect, that's easy for you to say. I've been here since 2003. I haven't any intention of restarting.

Here Here
THE UNITED CITIZENS FEDERATION OF DRVARSKA
Factbook | Drvarskan International Trade Storefront
DEFCON = 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Normal, increased intelligence and the heightening of national security measures

Salitaria
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Salitaria » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 pm

I may be new but i agree with you man.

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:23 am

Xeraph wrote:With all due respect, that's easy for you to say. I've been here since 2003. I haven't any intention of restarting.

This is exactly why I create about 1 puppet per year. So I could conveniently jump to something else that is already developed so that once and if I'm still playing NS in 2012, it won't scare the shit out of new players for having a two-digit billion stated population which I would ignore in RP anyway unless I RPed Third Spanish States a Future Tech interplanetary civilization where such population numbers would make more sense.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Xeraph
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2003
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeraph » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 am

I've created more than my share of puppets over the years. Problem with them is that they become huge, so I keep some for various threads/posts. I have been accused in the past for using my pups in a 'dogpile' situation. Never been true. I use them one at a time, never in the same thread.

BTW, since you are acknowledging the demise of Hogsweat, I'm assuming that you were around back in the day to have RPd w/him, which mean that your present nation is your puppet.

Unless, of course, you ARE Hogsweat.........

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:44 pm

I wasn't there back then, but I know him and about Hogsweat in NSDraftroom.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Absolutely. I've been building my nations now for six years. A restart is preposterous!
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Hamilay
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamilay » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm not sure how restarting our nations is supposed to lead to an increase in attention to detail... I assume you're thinking of it along the lines of levelling the playing field with regards to population, but a) new nations should deal with the fact that they will encounter people bigger than them and b) older nations should have the restraint to not deploy '100million troops gogogo' against a Sep '09 nation.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:05 am

I compromise -- I stick with the same nation, but have ICly reset my population since these are basically the former colonies of old Czardas which, uh, died.... Huh. Which does remind me that I've never actually decided what the "real" population of Czardas should be. I usually just went with "a lot less than 5 billion".
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Czardas wrote:I compromise -- I stick with the same nation, but have ICly reset my population since these are basically the former colonies of old Czardas which, uh, died.... Huh. Which does remind me that I've never actually decided what the "real" population of Czardas should be. I usually just went with "a lot less than 5 billion".

I RP with 1.35 ish billion only instead of the massive 13 billion but that still doesn't mean I want to lose all that.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Justorica
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:56 pm

I try my best to RP.

Rojbanks
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojbanks » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 pm

This is a Appreciable comments by moderates or the senior player. i respect and agreed to this .. we r rapidly developing state.
we need some time to adjust to this situation.
we want peaceful ties with all the nation status .. a should know it's responsibilities and act wisely...

DennysDomination
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Recent Events within International Incidents (READ THIS)

Postby DennysDomination » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Attention to any one who want to get there ASS kicked challenge this nation to a war u cowards.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:34 pm

DennysDomination wrote:Attention to any one who want to get there ASS kicked challenge this nation to a war u cowards.

A crash course in reading comprehension is highly recommended. Go back and read the first post of this thread. It will be remarkably enlightening for you.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

KarmaCN
Civilian

Founded: May 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby KarmaCN » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:34 pm

you realize there is no "war" in nationstates right. besides region crashing which if an active founder exists is pointless.

Jibberi
Envoy

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jibberi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Do I want to try to RP with someone who can't be bothered to type the word "you"?

Yeah no.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:50 pm

DennysDomination wrote:Attention to any one who want to get there ASS kicked challenge this nation to a war u cowards.

The King, Minister of Defense, Foreign Minister and First Lord of the Admiralty were sitting around enjoying an after hours drink when the message above was receieved by the Foreign Ministry communications office. It was all they could do to keep from choking on their drinks as they were laughing so hard.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:11 am

KarmaCN wrote:you realize there is no "war" in nationstates right. besides region crashing which if an active founder exists is pointless.

we're in II. We rp wars all the time.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

RYANUSA
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby RYANUSA » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:30 pm

RYANUSA is now in civil war with a Rebel Group in the South of The Nation, we hope to win this war, we hereby Declare Civil War with
The now outlawed Umbrella Research Party (URP) and its Founder Donald Keedick, this is nothing more than a Rebel Paramilitary Group called the
Umbrella Military or (UM) For short, all of there members are former members of the Umbrella Corporation. Their goals is to have a say in our politics
and to have full control over our government, They are not in the majority and they have been outlawed as a party in our elections.
The (URP) Seeks to hold office in both congressional seats as well as the office of the president, they are a Paramilitary Group that seeks Power by
force if they cant win in the political system as a party. Our Government will fight these Rebels with the full force of our Military.
May God Bless RYANUSA, ''A Nation Of Free People''.

Kluvian
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kluvian » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi, Just Wanted to introduce myself.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents