NATION

PASSWORD

Persian Carpet Only *RUSSIA/EE/CLOSED*

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Persia1090
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Persian Carpet Only *RUSSIA/EE/CLOSED*

Postby Persia1090 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:57 pm

The Persian Shah had to pick a side...The Russians and the British were fighting over Persian land and both had buffer zones in Persia. The Shah had to get rid of all foreign influence in Persia, but first he must take a side on the dealings between these two nations. Then the Shah will politely ask the other nation to leave his land, and if the other nations says no he has his ally standing behind him to back him up. The British are the least liked by the Shah and most Persians for their history as nothing more then tyrants and money grabbers. The Shah really didn't want to side with them at all, so he sent a letter to the great Russian bear asking for them to send a diplomat to Persia so they can talk about helping rebuild Persia. If rebuilt Persia would be a great ally to anyone and a dangerous threat to anyone who stood in their way.

The Shah waited in his rather large palace for the Russian diplomat. He had personally written a letter to the Tzar about diplomatic dealings and how it was of the utmost importance that Persia and Russia open their doors to each other. The turmoil that has plagued the Shahdom time and time again was getting annoying for everyone...They placed upon the throne a strong leader with a iron grip on the country. Nothing happened their without the Shah knowing about it first. He had a elite squad of royal guards with him at all times ready to die for him and he makes rare public appearances usually talking to his people through the speaker phones that litter the major cities of his realm or he would talk through the radio. He made the number of ministers smaller in his the Shah's cabinet of advisers to close friends and relatives. He increased military and police funding also, reducing the rampant crime rate plaguing Persia...So he was making progress but he needed help. And thats where Russia came in....

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 pm

tag for reply
I AM DISAPPOINTED

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:45 am

Mikhail Nikolaivich Skobelev was known throughout central Asia, by many names, most of them not repeatable in polite conversation. However, the two most common were 'The White Pasha', earned through his exploits commanding Turkestani troops against Afghans and Uighur nomads, and 'Bloody Eyes', earned for his vicious reputation in combat against the Ottomans and Persians. Still, despite this, he was respected in almost all of Central and Western Asia, speaking many languages and knowing many customs.

He had never actually been to Persia, though. At least, not with time to stop and see the sights other than to set fire to them.

Thus, this trip, he concluded, would be a Learning Experience. And not just in the Farsi language, which he already spoke well enough to shout "stop or I blow your head off" in several local dialects.

So it was that Skobelev arrived in the Shah's palace, flanked by a pair of white-shirted, red-trousered soldiers of the Turkestan Military District, a uniform which would not be unfamiliar to the soldiers present here. Most likely many of them had fought against lines of Russian troops in similar garb. These particular specimens were tall, heavily muscled and exceptionally well-bearded, their uniforms marking them as not only having completed their standard 25-year tour of duty, but as NCO's and, indeed, sappers. Skobelev himself wore a black dress uniform which was just visible under the array of medals, commendations and chivalric orders he possessed, a powered saber at his side, and the traditional peaked cap with neck cover of the Turkestan Military District.

Despite the show and intimidation, he bowed deeply, for while impressing the natives was certainly important, good manners were not to be let up on, even in the presence of foreigners.

"Greetings, oh Shah of Persia. I am Mikhail Nikolaivech Skobelev, duly appointed ambassador for His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nicholas IX of Russia. I bear His Majesty's greeting as well as gifts for your honored personage." Skobelev's Farsi was, of course, perfect. The language was widely spoken in the southern parts of the Russian Turkestan area and, while to the Persians he might have something of a Northerly accent, he was quite well spoken.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Persia1090
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia1090 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:47 am

The Shah looked over the Russian...Up and down, sizing him up for what he was. He had heard about him and what he has accomplished in central Asia, and the Shah knew that he a force to be reckon with...like all powerful Russians. Still the Shah smiled and stood.

"Welcome! Persia is all but happy to enjoy your presence here. You will stay in our most prestigious of suites...My palace. I have rooms and everything set up just for you and your men. Now...On to why I requested your presence here, my good friend. My country is weak right now...Weak, but NOT dead. I am going to be oh so very blunt with you, my good friend. You and British are getting on my nerves. You all are fighting over land that's NOT yours. I care not that you and Britain have a rivalry of sorts going on, but I do NOT want Persia involved. We will remain neutral in these matters unless...there are some incentives for helping one side or the other. I am strengthening my control over my lands by enacting several financial and administrative reforms. The government payroll has been cut in half for most, and I have cut down spending on all fronts." the Shah said before motioning for a servant to get them something to drink. As he walked down a number of servants came from out of the blue and placed a table and two chairs. The Shah took a seat in one chair and crossed his legs.

"I am taking the Caspian fisheries and making them Persian...They are rightfully mine to take. I do hope you have objections...and I am again so very sorry for my bluntness here but if you had any idea of what I've been through the past few days...You would understand why I am a bit frustrated." he said massaging his brow.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:07 am

Skobelev blinked. He was known in court to be forward and, indeed, skirting the line of rudeness when it came to blunt speech, but this Persian had not only blown through greetings and protocol, but just informed him to his face that he was planning to disregard treaties of significant age and importance. That would, inevitably, be greeted negatively in St. Petersburg. Skobelev's orders in this particular case had been to attempt to avoid a conflict and, while he would normally have been quite pleased storm off and return a few hours later to decapitate the arrogant Shah, he restrained himself.

Skobelev cleared his throat, putting a hand up to his fairly impressive beard once the Shah had ceased speaking, "My lord, you have my assurances that the Tsar's troops are here for the protection of Persia and that, as with all the various Asiatic peoples, Russia has only the greatest respect for your Shahdom. Unlike the devious British, who would see the world subjugated, paying tribute at the feet of their 'Brittania.'" Skobelev spoke the word as though it would need to be disinfected before he allowed it too close to himself, "Indeed, if not for the Russian soldiers in your country, which the Tsar stationed there at the behest of one of your predecessors, this land would be entirely beneath the claw of the British Lion."

On the arrival of the chair, Skobelev bowed slightly to the Shah once the man had taken his seat, then sat down himself, "Of course, Russia is pleased that Persia is stabilizing and strengthening itself, and will be only too pleased to assist you in regaining your state's former power. Naturally, perhaps even with the assistance of the very Russian soldiers who defend this capital from the ravages of the British Empire, Russia may even lend military assistance."

"However, my lord, I must contest you on your final point. The Caspain fisheries are Russian and have been Russian since the Treaties of Gullistan and Turkmenchay, wherein Persia surrendered all rights to navigate the Caspian. The relevant documents are preserved in St. Petersburg, and, I must assume, here as well. If you wish to...abrogate the treaties, Russia would be forced to consider this a hostile act and react accordingly."

"You have been blunt, my lord, and therefore so will I. Tsar Nicholas is an honest and fair man, who is weary of war. He is also beloved by his subjects, myself included. Therefore, in order to save my sovereign any undue suffering in his old age, I have sworn to ensure that any war I am assigned to command will be short and to the point." Careful emphasis was placed on those last words, as Skobelev leaned forward ever so slightly, "This is not a threat, my lord, merely a statement of fact. Were you the Queen of England I would have made the very same speech."

"Regardless of this, if you wish to negotiate points of the Turkmenchay Treaty, I am authorized to do so, as well as any other points you wish to bring up, and to authorize loans. If Persia wishes to rebuild, my lord, then it will need money. Russia does not have a significant amount to spare at this juncture, but we can set aside some small amount to give you a...boost, so to speak."
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Persia1090
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia1090 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:22 pm

The Shah listened to the man and nodded. He did live up to his reputation. The Shah stroked his own beard and stared the man down. They were claiming to be protecting Persia from Britain...And the Shah could hear the disdain for Britain in the mans voice. He sounded truthful enough...The Shah nodded as the tea was brought out and the Shah took a sip before looking back at the man.

"Yes we must talk about certain points of these very old treaties of ours from our former days of aggression. My predecessor might have asked you too, but this is a new Persia. Already I have been making sweeping reforms of EVERYTHING. The people simply want you and Britain off traditional Persian lands. Us Persians have a high sense of pride about our things...That includes land. Now...If I was to side with Russia, you would help me get British influence out of Persia, correct? And you would also fund some building projects and maybe sell me a few naval ships at a discount? If so...Then once Persia is back to its former ancient glory, you will be my principle ally. I promise you that, my good friend."

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Skobelev briefly considered the probability of Persia returning to its former glory, its previous glory having been roughly a thousand years before the Russian Empire was founded. He was not particularly impressed with this, but shrugged it off as diplomatic posturing, "While Tsar Nicholas has sworn off engaging in wars of aggression on Earth, if the Persian state wishes to conclude a defensive pact with the Russian Empire, the Tsar would be pleased to do so, and to supply Persian efforts to rid their state of the British presence."

"As to battleships and other naval supplies, provided the Shahdom is willing to promise that their guns will never be turned upon Earth itself, we will be pleased to sell some to you. Indeed, given our financial shortage at the moment, the Russian Empire might best be able to provide you with aid in the form of training and supplies for a new Persian army, one modeled in the European tradition and capable of going up against the British in battle, at least in the regional theater. I myself will most likely take on the task, if you will provide me with soldiers."
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Persia1090
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia1090 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:42 pm

The Shah nodded. "A mutual defense pact would be beneficial to both of our countries. Persia and Russia will be the strongest entities on the side of world, and soon this side of the galaxy, my friend!" the Shah said with a hearty laugh and then a joyful smile. The Shah was pleased with this progress that this short meeting was already making. Everything seemed to be falling into place and the Shah was overjoyed at the progress he was making.

"Very well. I will let you loose on my army so you can get them into shape. You will be staying here in my palace while you train them, and every personal expense of yours and your men shall be paid by the Shahdom. Now...on to the ships. How much and how many?" the Shah asked looking at the envoy curiously.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Skobelev wandered if this man was entirely sane. He was laughing quite a bit, and apparently fantasizing about galactic conquest when his nation was half occupied by foreigners. It was known that the Shahs of the Peacock Throne tended to be somewhat eccentric, but this was a whole new level as far as the Russian was concerned.

"Of course, your majesty. I shall work out the details with one of your ministers later, then, perhaps?"

"As to the rest, I believe that a small unit would be best at first. A...training regimen will need to be developed that the Persian people can...understand, I suppose you might say. Your people have been fighting in a particular manner for some time, and while even Russia respects the abilities of your marksmen, their discipline and ability to fight in formation has never been...strong, you might say."

"Regardless, to honor our new friendship, the Tsar has requested that I present you with a few gifts." Skobelev clapped his hands, and a box of some lacquered wood was brought forth. This, Skobelev took and laid on the table before unfolding the lid. It proved to contain a sword of the 'shaksha' or 'cossack' style, popular in Russia. Its hilt was redwood, inlaid with fine silver, the pommel shaped into the head of a Persian lion, while the blade itself featured, in Farsi caligraphy, the words 'I was Made for the Shah, to Slay Persia's Foes,' "Forged on Don Kosmoskoi specifically for this journey. As you can see, the blade is powered and will, when activated, cut through anything with ease."

A second box was brought forward, this one slightly larger and square, "Second, a uniform of the Lifeguard Semenovski, the second oldest regiment, famed for its bravery and honor, sized to your majesty to the best of our knowledge. We have, of course, included a belt designed to fit the sheath of your new sword."

"And, finally," Skobelev gestured once more and a chest was brought forward, when opened, it contained what appeared to be several folded pieces of paper, one of which Skobelev withdrew and placed on the table, "Five hundred shares, about five percent, of the Don Cossack Hetman's Stable, which breeds the finest horses in the galaxy, entitling your majesty to purchase from the stable and to acquire breeding rights to the horses thereof, which include several fine Persian and Arabic bloodlines purchased some time ago. The other gift in the chest is a present from the Hetman." As the papers were gradually shifted to the lid of the chest, a silver sculpture of a horse-mounted Persian warrior, armed and armored in ancient fashion, was removed, "Consider these tokens of our new friendship, your majesty. Russia wishes to welcome Persia to the galaxy."
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Persia1090
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia1090 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:39 am

The Persian Shah smiled and nodded. He was a happy fellow right now with Russia as his ally and his military being modernized by them. Soon Persian Ships would be in space and everything would be just as the Shah dreamed as a young Persian boy growing up. He always dreamed of the reunification of the old Persian Empire that spanned from Greece to India and stood for hundreds of years. With the Russian modernization, he would be able to at least rebuild half of the Empire. He would retake Afghanistan and the Persian lands that the British turned into their protectorates, and after the British were out of his lands, the Russians would also leave. The power of Persia would see rival that of the strongest of nations...All they needed was a little nudge, and Russia was more then willing to give that to them.

The Shah nodded."Very well. We will provide for you a regiment of our finest horsemen and a fuadji of our infantrymen to train. I am stopping the traditional levies of getting horseman from Warlords. We are integrating the tribes into political and military organization so we can call on forces quicker and more efficiently...and we would have an actual standing army instead of requesting soldiers from warlords and the such. The Mullahs may not enjoy your western reforms to my military, but quite frankly I do not care. We are forwarding all income to the rebuilding of the military, education, and social reform and public projects. The Great Shahdom of Persia is changing my friend!"
The Shah said raising his glass as to a toast and then drinking his tea. The Shah sat back as the presents entered the room.

The Shah smiled and grabbed the sword and swung lightly away from the diplomat."It fits me well, my friend. I thank you for this great gift...It will be by my side at all times." he said and placed the sword in its sheath.

The Shah awaited the second gift and smiled at the splendor of it all. It was just his size too, and it would fit him well. He would wear it the next time he goes to visit Russia."I thank you yet again for these glorious gifts to Persia. They are great indeed." the Shah said with a smile. He was quite enjoying himself...

The last gift made the Shah even more happy...The Shah had a love for horse breeding and has breed some of the finest of horses this land has ever seen."We thank you, yet again for these generous gifts to me and my people. We present you with these gifts as well." he clapped his hands. Several servants came out with horses that almost shined with brilliance. "These horses are worth as much as a small spaceship of yours. They are of the purest breed of my own creation...All of them sent directly to the Tzar for his personal enjoyment. Along with this assortment of the finest of silk and satins my Shahdom has to offer."

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Skobelev nodded, "You are far wiser than your predecessors, your majesty, but if I may give you some advice, you should be careful. The mullahs, imams and tribal leaders are not a force to be lightly disregarded. As a step to further proving Russia's commitment to this pact, if your majesty approves, I can instruct the Russian troops in the northern part of the country to take steps to...deal with any attempt at rebellion. If you like you may consider it a preview of what your soldiers will be capable of in the future."

Skobelev kept his face impassive as the gifts were produced, "I am sure his majesty will be thrilled, particularly with the horses, which will be included in his majesty's stable, which provides horses to the Lifeguard and, of course, to his majesty's racing interests. They will receive only the best."

"That concluded, shall I speak with your ministers in regards to drafting treaty? No doubt your majesty is busy and will not wish to bother with the minutiae of such a treaty. Although, of course, the final version will be delivered to you for review and signing."
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Persia1090
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia1090 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 pm

The Shah nodded."Very well. Put down any of those pesky Mullahs, Imams, and Tribal Leaders. Say you are acting for the Shah of Persia if you think it will get them to fear my strength and make them resist ever trying to rebel against my leadership again..." the Shah said with a determined and power nod.

" Very well. My cabinet ministers, which have been reduced to only five members, will be with you shortly. Why you are waiting, you and your men will have the FINEST of Persian cuisine any man could ask for. I have already ate, so if you will excuse me. After the treaty is written, I will accompany you to inspect the troops I have set aside for you to train."

The Shah clapped his hands and a larger table, enough to fit the diplomat and a hundred of his soldiers was carried into the massive palace throne room and placed in the middle. Then ten large plates were brought out and put on the table. The Servent's took off the covering of the plates and underneath was a smell so good that it made most men mouth water with anticipation. Persian delicacies and Russian delicacies were all on the table and the Russian men knew they were going to eat good this day.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:21 pm

After the celebrations were completed, serious negotiation was begun. The initial treaty proposed by the Russian delegation was fairly simple, consisting of follow proposal:

Russia and Persia, being animated by a common desire to preserve peace, and the defense of their holdings and interests in Asia, and having no other object than to meet the necessities of a defensive war, provoked by an attack of the forces of the United Kingdom against either of them, have agreed upon the following provisions:

1. If Persia is attacked by a foreign power, Russia shall employ all appropriate forces to defend Persia.

If Russia is attacked by a foreign power, Persia shall employ all her available forces to attack that power.

2. In case the forces of the United Kingdom, the Cytherean Alliance, Germany, Prussia, or any other Earthly power, should be mobilized with intent to attack either Persia or Russia, at the first news of this event and without previous agreement being necessary, the signatory states shall mobilize immediately and simultaneously the whole of their forces, and shall transport them as far as possible to their frontiers.

3. The available forces to be employed against foreign attacks shall be, on the part of Russia, 2,500,000 men, on the part of Persia, 500,000 or 750,000 men.

These forces shall engage to the full with such speed that the United Kingdom will have to fight simultaneously on the several fronts.

4. The General Staffs of the Armies of the two countries shall cooperate with each other at all times in the preparation and facilitation of the execution of the measures mentioned above.

They shall communicate with each other, while there is still peace, all information relative to the armies of the United Kingdom which is already in their possession or shall come into their possession.

Ways and means of corresponding in time of war shall be studied and worked out in advance.

5. Russia and Persia shall not conclude peace separately.

6. Russia shall have the right to dock ships and transport forces via Persian infrastructure as necessary to counter incursions by the British Empire.

Likewise, the Russian Empire will permit the transport of Persian forces and allow Persian naval vessels to dock at Russian facilities in the same circumstances.

7. This alliance shall have a duration of not less than ten years, at which time it may, should the participating states choose, be renewed.

Signature of the Heads of State of the Signatory States:

Signatures of the Ministers of War:

Signatures of Witnesses:
Last edited by OMGeverynameistaken on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Persia1090
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia1090 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:00 pm

The Persian ministers thought that this would be a good enough defensive treaty for the two nations. The Persian Minister of War looked it over and studied the short treaty for some time before deciding to sign it and then to call the Shah in to sign it. The Shah entered , looking as if he just awoken from a long nap.

"I do hope you enjoyed yourself with my friends here. I trust these ministers with my life. All our relatives to me...That is how you secure loyalty in Persia. Now...let me read this treaty of ours..." the Persian Shah, taking it from the Minister of Wars hand and reading it. After reading it, the Shah nodded."Now, should this treaty include your nation building promises?"

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:29 am

(OOC:
Since Trist switched to Hungary, Persia is now an NPC state. Training of Persian troops will go on as per the agreement. The next Persian player will have a few regiments of trained troops and some artillery to throw around and good relations with Russia. Huzzah and all that.)
I AM DISAPPOINTED

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 pm

(OOC:
Since Persia quit, OOC resolution time!
Persia and Russia are allied. Russia trains a modern army for Persia, which the next player may employ. Persia becomes slightly more stable because Russia is now supporting the central government rather than a bunch of competing tribes in the northern regions.)
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents