NATION

PASSWORD

The Coalition [WIP - Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
North Mack
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

The Coalition [WIP - Closed]

Postby North Mack » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:45 pm

The Coalition

The Galaxy is a chaotic place, filled with mindless violence and expansionist powers. It is difficult to be civilized in such uncivilized times, impossible to maintain the codes of morality that sustained our cultures in their youth. The Coalition exists to return the galaxy to times past, when civility was commonplace, and the galaxy itself was a brighter place.

Doctrine
The Coalition stands atop three pillars of doctrine, ideals which it defends, and expects to be respected and exemplified by all it's members. Mutuality, Chivalry, and Order. While members are expected to uphold these ideals, they are not required. Each nation is expected to act honorably and hold itself to these items, not be forced into them.

· Mutuality
Members of The Coalition shall aid each other, be it with trade agreements, reduction of trade barriers, military aid and assistance, or technological development. No nation within The Coalition stands alone; All act as one. Similarly, The Coalition will not act through democratic proceedings, but rather through mutual bonds of trust and brotherhood. A consensus is required for action or admission, not a simple majority. All must move together, or each will fall alone.

· Chivalry
Coalition members are expected to be chivalrous in war, and conduct themselves according to the unspoken rules of battle. Civilian populations are not targets, nor hostages, and all efforts shall be made to avoid or reduce non-combatant casualties as much as possible. Planets will not be glassed wholesale. Prisoners shall not be executed nor forced into heavy labor, and all efforts will be made to exchange prisoners if possible. Medics shall not be specifically targeted, not field hospitals in which they work.

Chivalry has fallen by the wayside in many interstellar nations today. The Coalition shall not reduce themselves to the lowest common denominator, but instead shall always conduct themselves in a manner fitting civilized nations of the galaxy. Perhaps other nations will be inspired to act similarly, but should they not, The Coalition shall remain honorable in war.

· Order
The Coalition remembers the galactic past, where prosperity was ushered in under the guiding hands of humanity. However times change, and with the collapse of prominent human governance, so has the prosperity withdrawn. In these chaotic and dark times, The Coalition understands that defense of our kin is paramount. Irregardless of race, gender, or culture, The Coalition shall act to defend our human brethren, and help them flourish into the kinds of governance that led the Milky Way in times of old.

Members
The Imperial Republic of Vocenae
The Interstellar Reich of Tocrowkia
The Terran Empire of North Mack

· Hall of Memories
The Collected Systems Expeditionary Alliance (The CSEA)
The Empire of Talyth
The Federation of Bavin
Last edited by North Mack on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 am, edited 16 times in total.

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 am

+ Reserved for Future Use +
Last edited by North Mack on Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:15 am

+ Images and Media +

Outdated
Last edited by North Mack on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 pm

I approve. Good work meng.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Hyperspatial Travel
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hyperspatial Travel » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Excellently done, North Mack.
Huerdae: You know, I'd kick a queen in the tits if she acted like that.

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:18 pm

I say we nuke the site from orbit, its the only way to be sure.
Last edited by Bavin on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 pm

*post nuked*
Last edited by North Mack on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
T H E S T E L L A R R E P U B L I C O F N O R T H M A C K
Forged in Fire, Reforged in Blood
[ DeviantArt | NS FT Discord | The Local Cluster | FT Advice and Assistance Thread | The State of the Galaxy ]

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:22 am

I rather like the first three.

Norrmandy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Norrmandy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:26 am

Is this open?
The French Extrasolar Empire of Norrmandy
Acta Non Verba

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:45 am

Norrmandy wrote:Is this open?

No.

Coalition operates under the "we come to you" rather then the "you come to us" approach.

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:28 am

If it was open, the thread wouldn't say "Closed" now would it?
[ DeviantArt | NS FT Discord | The Local Cluster | FT Advice and Assistance Thread | The State of the Galaxy ]

Norrmandy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Norrmandy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:30 am

North Mack wrote:

You shouldn't be mean to people.

Bavin wrote:

No.

Coalition operates under the "we come to you" rather then the "you come to us" approach.

Je vous remercie, Bavin.
Acta Non Verba

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:33 am

Norrmandy wrote:
North Mack wrote:

You shouldn't be mean to people.

I'm not being mean, I'm point out a rather obvious answer to a rather silly question. After all, 99.9% of threads with "Closed" in the title, do in fact, turn out to be closed, rather than open.

Norrmandy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Norrmandy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 am

North Mack wrote:
Norrmandy wrote:You shouldn't be mean to people.

I'm not being mean, I'm point out a rather obvious answer to a rather silly question. After all, 99.9% of threads with "Closed" in the title, do in fact, turn out to be closed, rather than open.

I don't know what closed or open threads mean here on NS.
Last edited by Norrmandy on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acta Non Verba

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:04 am

Norrmandy wrote:
North Mack wrote:

I don't know what closed or open threads mean here on NS.

You were asking if this was open. Whether or not you know what an open thread is, you do know what an open alliance is. So if you go to an alliance, asking if it is open, when it says 'closed' in the title, what conclusion could one draw from this? Most likely that it is not, in fact open, either as a thread or as an alliance. Rather, the opposite of open, which is closed.

Now, as you have finally determined that this alliance is not open, I'd appreciate if you would cease this line of inquiry. Your question has been asked, and answered, you no longer have business here.
Last edited by North Mack on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norrmandy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Norrmandy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:19 am

North Mack wrote:
Norrmandy wrote:I don't know what closed or open threads mean here on NS.

You were asking if this was open. Whether or not you know what an open thread[/i] is, you do know what an open [u]alliance is. So if you go to an alliance, asking if it is open, when it says 'closed' in the title, what conclusion could one draw from this? Most likely that it is not, in fact open, either as a thread or as an alliance. Rather, the opposite of open, which is closed.

Now, as you have finally determined that this alliance is not open, I'd appreciate if you would cease this line of inquiry. Your question has been asked, and answered, you no longer have business here.

As I leave I'll suggest you be nicer to people, it gets you farther in life. Bye.
Acta Non Verba

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:24 am

What are we thinking about the admittance of archimage // auman // toc?

I know auman has political dealios going on internally that prevents entry currently. toc is interested and (apparently) has hermium for the HHTC gates, but auman pointed out that if both toc and auman tried to handle the gates post bryn, that could end up getting messy.

Hyperspatial Travel
Diplomat

Postby Hyperspatial Travel » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Ideally, we'd have a new Coalition gate system with partial retro-engineering from the HHTC. Toc should be a shoo-in; I want to play with Archimage in order to invite him to some sort of conference/diplomatic dealio so we can discuss his entrance ICly and get to know him. I just never seem to catch up with him, s'all.

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Hyperspatial Travel wrote:Ideally, we'd have a new Coalition gate system with partial retro-engineering from the HHTC. Toc should be a shoo-in; I want to play with Archimage in order to invite him to some sort of conference/diplomatic dealio so we can discuss his entrance ICly and get to know him. I just never seem to catch up with him, s'all.

this,

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Honestly I think morningstar insta-gate tech would be more useful militarily than old HHTC stuff, but things like power supplies or routes or whatnot maybe. Should we invite toc to the IC thread then? Have we already?

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:45 pm

One may consider joining... If one may have certain caveats in regards to hostage taking. One may also remind others that ones gates are already stationed at key locations across the galaxy.
Last edited by Auman on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Hyperspatial Travel
Diplomat

Postby Hyperspatial Travel » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 pm

So presently the only people we might want to admit are Toc, Auman, and TE. If you guys see anyone who wants to join, quiz them, but let's deal with the possibility of these three before we consider anything else.

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:49 am

You're assuming we've seen toc or TE online for any length of time lately... heh

Hyperspatial Travel
Diplomat

Postby Hyperspatial Travel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Subject: sFClCL+-R64s34N
Recipients: Bavinese Foreign Office, Admirality., Mackian Foreign Office, Admirality.

NAcL2x/N2g yBhW2PT L+ov Svy 1yXUFg LKY 9kyETXA. fT3 i0QQs 4JTpIu810F9t q8Qck r5ckAzDZ Sb7wXA 19hUDm. fT3 g2SSu yDUQ+8En IOqqEI5Ba, Cwm OGad aVw1bpIH WXHaWdpz JJeZN3HHAd ES22K uY78 bZ/N dj77q8 VYBCVF-AGiiMAx4S, lcFB aXJIUkK 67p WvOPh3 rhB0z OGejd hqw3 tVPEl1 5EgaC3CwPyZ. ZKv JWANqYnf2 QjD0Utx L7eVPp rYF/4 xyh RZFC 8NcZ6+48DNwc5Fp L4d 97ffxtw/+v BJVS 36mxMLF3Ma Pxpp4u, w7s 4kBKQ2 lkA +xnj21vg QnEGRYrZosV0 2bT 7zvo dWxOvy P8Z KHbMx2n.

END MESSAGE
Last edited by Hyperspatial Travel on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Mack
Ambassador

Postby North Mack » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Code: Select all
Subject: TGzn88iuA
Recipients: Talythian Foreign Office, Admiralty., Bavinese Foreign Office, Admiralty.

8dFEh7B 1PSg6o KHub7tc0Kb, ++jtwQ TXJyuU4 L9B +EZrxj.
wzqTX J9UewVl f1zD rbtKH. 29kdOquxV Yg7O 64Sv8Wb1g F1qca /5nXFTUU.
NTy 0yscOYff T2vWS mT45b6z7 /yXuCR G0a iOlRLRbES VdKGbJ+Zv5.

END MESSAGE

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents