NATION

PASSWORD

A State Visit From Her Majesty Queen Sophia (Izzyshipper)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

A State Visit From Her Majesty Queen Sophia (Izzyshipper)

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:31 pm

OOC: This State Visit thread is CLOSED. It is only open to Izzyshipper and myself. Instead of posting on the thread, please advise either of us if you would like to have a state visit in the future. Thank you.

Izzyshipper State Visit Itinerary - Monday, August 23, 2010 - Thursday, August 26, 2010

Monday, August 23rd, 2010

9:35AM - Arrive at Ciampino Air Force Base.

9:50AM - Arrive at the Royal Palace.

10:00AM - Brunch/Discussion in the King's Breakfast Room.

10:45AM - Tour of the Royal Palace.

11:35AM - End tour, and go on tour of Rome.

11:45AM - Arrive at the La Galleria Borghese Art Gallery (Private tour with Domenico Aldo, the Curator)

1:15PM - Leave La Galleria Borghese and head for the Eye of Rome.

1:25PM - Arrive at the Eye of Rome, and go for a tour.

2:30PM - Leave the Eye of Rome and head out to dinner.

3:00PM - Arrive for dinner at Belle Époque - one of the most famous restaurants in San Pellegrino Romana.

5:30PM - 10:30PM - Head back to the Royal Palace and relax for the night. Resume the State Visit the following day.[/b]

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

9:30AM - 10:30AM - Wake up and prepare for day's events. Leave for the Rome Stock Exchange for private breakfast with major stockholders.

10:45 - 12:15PM - Arrive at Rome Stock Exchange. Consume breakfast and meet major stockholders and investors. His Majesty King Raphael will make an introductory speech before breakfast, and the Her Majesty Queen Sophia will conclude the breakfast with a speech. Leave for a pleasure cruise on the Royal Yacht

12:35PM - 6:15PM - Arrive at the Royal Yacht and cruise around, fish, and relax, and have dinner on the yacht at the Bay of Neapolis (Naples). Leave for the Royal Palace.

6:40PM - Arrive at the Royal Palace and relax or retire for the night.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8:30AM - 9:30AM - Wake up and prepare for the glorious events of the day. Head for the Capitol Building.

9:50AM - Arrive at the Capitol Building. Standing ovation by both Houses of Congress. Introductory speech by President Berlusconi, main speech by Her Majesty Queen Sophia(about closer relations between our nations, and diplomacy), and final speech by His Majesty King Raphael. Formal attire (Civilian, military, and ceremonial attire accepted).

10:45AM - Speeches end, and President Berlusconi departs the Capitol. His Majesty King Raphael and Her Majesty Queen Sophia jointly greet select members of Congress.

11:00AM - Have lunch at a private room in the Capitol with select members of Congress.

11:45AM - Lunch ends, and His Majesty King Raphael and Her Majesty Queen Sophia head for a meet-and-greet of supporters outside the Royal Palace.

12:00PM - 12:25 - Arrive at the Royal Palace, meet-and-greet. Head inside for tonight's preparations for the State Dinner.

12:30PM - Go inside, prepare and dress for the State Dinner which is scheduled to begin at 6:00PM.

1:30PM - His Majesty King Raphael and Her Majesty Queen Sophia, and any guests will have tea.

2:30PM - Conclude the pre-banquet tea session, and go for a walk in the Royal Gardens.

3:00PM - Conclude the walk and go inside the Royal Palace.

3:10PM - 5:00PM - His Majesty King Raphael and Her Majesty Queen Sophia will have free time of their own and prepare the final details of their attire (make sure clothes is neat, hair is combed nicely, medals don't jangle, etc...) for tonight's preparations.

5:00PM - Guests begin arriving, and His Majesty King Raphael and Her Majesty Queen Sophia will greet the arriving guests.

5:30PM - After guests have arrived, they will be seated and cocktails and appetizers will be served.

6:00PM - State Banquet Officially begins when HM King Raphael makes an introductory speech, toast to the Queen, and exchanges official gifts with HM Queen Sophia.

6:45PM - HM Queen Sophia of Izzyshipper makes a speech about the State Visit and future relations between our nations.

7:15PM - Dessert will be served, and HM King Raphael makes a concluding speech.

8:30PM - The State Banquet officially ends, and HM King Raphael and HM Queen Sophia of Izzyshipper will have time to discuss anything they please before they retire to their respective suites in the Royal Palace.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

8:45AM - HM Queen Sophia of Izzyshipper says her goodbyes to San Pellegrino Romana (for now) and exchanges personal gifts with HM King Raphael.

9:00AM - HM Queen Sophia's plane departs for Izzyshipper and the State Visit is officially concluded***.

***HM Queen Sophia can have a word with the press at the end if he wishes, if not, the State Visit will follow as planned.

The Royal Palace, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 7:30 AM, Monday, August 23, 2010

One of the most famous landmarks of the Republic was the Royal Palace. Disregarding the thousands of tourists and sightseers outside the palace gates, it was usually a quiet time this time of year in the Royal Palace. The Royal Family usually was on their vacation this time of year, and HM King Raphael had just come back from a a visit to Jilai. Now though, the Fall Season at the palace would start off with a State Visit - one of the largest the Palace has seen in several decades.

It was the day of the State Visit, and the palace was exploding with activity. The linen tablecloths were being set in the State Dining Room, the antique wooden floors were being waxed, and the beds were being made. The Palace, though it had hundreds of rooms and suites, was rather easy to navigate. In one of these rooms, HM King Raphael was preparing himself for the State Visit. He was trying to decide which tie he should wear when greeting HM Queen Sophia of Izzyshipper.

"Which one should I wear...." he mumbled to himself, "the royal blue or the maroon tie....I think I'll go with the blue."

Suddenly, there was a quick knock at the door.

"Entré," the King said.

A man in his forties, rather well-dressed, entered the room. His name was Vittorio Garabaldi, and he was the Personal Secretary to the King for the past 15 years. He was a close confidant and friend of King Raphael, and was one of his lifelong friends he hired after his ascension to the throne.

"Sir, we must get going if we are going to make it at the Ciampino on time."

"Yes, I suppose your right. Get the car ready." the King said.

"It already is ready and awaiting your prescence Your Majesty." Vittorio said with a short bow.

"You guys sure work fast," the King said in a not-so-surprised tone, "No wonder I hired you guys."
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Alexander Hughes, Izzyshipper's long serving Foreign Affairs minister sighed as he yet again failed to understand the rather complicated report sent by the Maxtopian ambassador. Sighing in frustration he put the report aside, and pulled out another document from his inbox. Noting the rather impressive quality of the paper, he quickly read the document, and was pleased to read that it was an confirmation of the details for Queen Sophia's state visit to San Pellegrino Romana.

Glancing at the enclosed schedule he raised his eyebrows slightly, it was certainly demanding, yet he knew that the Queen would not complain. He glanced at the clock, and when he noticed the time he swore softly. He was late for the Queen's meeting of her adviser's! Scribbling a draft for confirmation, he quickly left his office, almost knocking over a junior minister in his haste to arrive at the palace.

~*~

Hughes glanced around the table, noting the general relaxed mood of the ministers. As the Queens usual time of visiting various provinces of Izzyshipper grew nearer, she was more distracted and less sharp with her adviser's.

The door opened and Her Majesty, Queen Sophia entered. All the adviser's rose and bowed as she entered, and only sat down after she had done so. While Hughes was exempt from bowing due to his bad knees, age and good relations with the Queen, he usually still did it out of respect.

As the meeting began he regarded the Queen; She was physically, her Father's (King Henry III) Daughter. She had his tall stature, his bright red hair and sharp, piercing blue eyes. Yet in temperament she certainly was not, her father had been aggressive, rude and dominating. His daughter however, was more moderated, calm and accepting.

Yet this was currently not being shown as she listened to the Secretary of State, whom seemed tor be irritating her.

" . . . Your Majesty I must implore you to agree to the banning of certain extreme religions, they are posing serious threat to our Nation's safety-"

The Queen rolled her eyes, "I must disagree minister. The Queen does claim not sovereignty over the soul, for surely only God may claim that privilege."

"but Your Majesty-"

"No, Minister you have proposed this thrice and I have rejected it thrice, and I will do so again! I wish to hear no more of it!" The Queen waved a hand, and the Secretary of State looked frustrated, but reprimanded for now.

Sir Alexander took it for his cue to speak;

"You Majesty, I received an confirmation of your state visit to San Pellegrino Romana, there hoping for the 26th of August?"

The Queen nodded, "Soon, yet it does fit rather conveniently with my usual term of visitations . . . very well i shall discuss preparations with you later."

"Shall I send the schedule for you to review?"

Queen Sophia nodded again, "Please do so, I'll shall look over it tonight" after arranging for the various times to meet with her Alexander was dismissed with the rest of the advisers. As he exited the room, he felt a great sense of happiness that the Queen had agreed so smoothly . . .

~*~

Queen Sophia felt her stomach lurch as the private jet took off, yet relaxed as the plane began to even out and begin it's relatively peaceful journey. As she gazed out the window she felt a pang of nervousness at what she left behind, and while she trusted her husband, Prince Edward, whom she had appointed reagent in her stead completely, she did not like being away so long.

Yet an even bigger part was excited, excited to visit and improve relations with a country as fascinating and compatible as San Pellegrino Romana!
Last edited by Izzyshipper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Belle Époque Restaurant, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 7:45 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010

Another famous landmark, almost as old as the Royal Palace itself was the Belle Époque Restaurant in Rome. Founded in 1760, it quickly built its reputation as an establishment of fine dining, with an exclusive clientle. Everyone from movie stars to the Royal Family have dined there, and its no wonder why. The food is terrific, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the music is said to have been composed by God himself. There was no better place to dine if you wanted to have a great time.

But this morning was just another regular day at Belle Époque, as the staff were preparing the restaurant for its daily rush of the breakfast and brunch crowd. Changing the table cloths, setting the silverware (which was made out of the finest sterling silver), placing the hand-carved crystal glasses, and chilling the 1945 Grand Bretagne Champagne for the mimosas. It was all a regular routine for the restaurant, which opened daily at 8:30AM on the dot, 365 days a year. Today was not to be a usual day for Belle Époque.

Armand de Richelieu, the CEO and seventh-generation owner of Belle Époque was at this restaurant, which was the heart of his fine dining empire. He usually came in at around 8:45 or so, after the first guests had been seated, but decided today to come in a little earlier. He was a very busy man, and micromanaged his restaraunt to the smallest detail. Sometimes, he would even cook for some guests.

Armand was walking around the the restaurant in his usual pacing manner, making sure everything was perfect for his guests.

"Caroline! Bring out the silverware with the rubies and emeralds for Table 10!" he yelled to one of the waitresses, "The President of the International Geological Foundation will be eating lunch here in several hours!"

"The things I do for my guests." Armand muttered to himself.

Suddenly, a large convoy of SUV's with sirens and a maroon-colored limousine pulled up in front of the restaurant. Several men with dark suits and transparent earpieces in their ears walked in the door.

"Check the kitchen," said one of the men while motioning towards the kitchen doors "make sure the back entrance is locked."

"All clear back here sir!" yelled back one of the men in the dark suits, who had gone to check the kitchen.

One of the men in the dark suits held the front door open while a man in his mid-50's or early 60's walked in. Everyone recognized him at once, and bowed immediately. It was the King himself.

"No need to bow, I am just a mortal man," the King said as he walked towards Armand, "please, everyone pay no attention to me." One of King Raphael's most famous qualities is humility. He is very down-to-earth person, who puts his people first. Everyone returned to their normal duties, but they kept sneaking glances at His Majesty.

One of the men in the dark suits went to the kitchen and came out with several boxes which were neatly packed in plastic bags bearing the Belle Époque Restaurant logo.

"Your Majesty," Armand said as he continued his short bow, "what may my restaurant do for you today?" Although Armand had previously met the King several times, he was still awed by his presence.

The King spoke in his humble, yet unique voice, "I personally would like to apologize for the short notice and any inconveniences.....but I would like to reserve 6 tables for tonight."

Armand, who was not bowing any more, said, "Your Majesty, it would be my utmost pleasure to have you dine here tonight. I can do better than 6 tables. I shall prepare our most special banquet room, which has the capacity to hold 50 guests."

"Thank you Armand," King Raphael said as he shook Armands hand, "I shall be greatly indebted to you and this fabulous restaurant." Then, the King started to walk back towards the door, with his entire entourage following him.

"Your Majesty, if you don't mind me asking, who shall be tonight's guest?" Armand said as the King was walking out the door.

"It is Queen Sophia of Izzyshipper," yelled the King as he exited and boarded his State Limousine.

"Ferdinand!" Armand yelled, "We're going to need the gold dishware and cutlery tonight."
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 am

As the plane soared over the SRA airspace Queen Sophia was being admisistered to by her ladies-in-waiting, her face was being subjected to countless applying of powders, paints and various other applications of her extensive make-up collection. It was not so much the actual process the irked the Queen, but more how little control she had over it's actual application. Her ladies were more concerned with getting the job finished perfectly that actually consulting the Queen, and she was being tossed about and passed around so much that she felt more like a doll than a monarch.

Eventually however the ordeal was over, and the Queen expected herself with the mirror, and nodded her approval, afraid of the extra time that would have to be spent if she didn't like it. She gazed at herslef in the mirror, happy at the dress she picked, it was a little short, yet there had been little time for any alterations to have been made to it.

Her aide walked in, and after bowing informed her that they had asked for permission to land.

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Ciampino Air Force Base, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 8:57 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010

"Attention Izzyshipper One," said air traffic control operator at Ciampino Air Force Base, which was home to the Royal Air Squadron, "this is air traffic control at Ciampinio Air Force Base. You may commence landing when ready. Although you are a bit early, HM King Raphael and his entourage are awaiting your honored presence. Over and out."
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Queen Sophia's excitement grew as Ciampinio Air Force Base drew nearer, and to quell the anxiety she called for her aide. The Queen regarded the man as he entered, the aide she had chosen was Henry St.Clair, the Duke of Faranay. A survivor of the days of her Father's reign, and had been an supporter for her during those troubled times.

When she ascended the throne at nineteen, he had been fundamental in constructing her new government, and had been both her advisor and friend for the next twenty years. As he made a gesture to bow Queen Sophia waved her hands at him, "No, no, old friend, you know better than to bow to me."

The Duke hesitated, then shrugged, "Usually your Majesty, however it does not hurt to show a little more respect to you ruler in a foreign country."

Smiling, the Queen gestured for him to sit beside her, which he did. "Tell me Henry, are we to land soon?"

The Duke nodded, "Yes Your Majesty, permission just came through, soon we shall meet the King."

Sophia nodded, carefully arranging her face into the Queenly mask of serene indifference and dignity, hiding the excitement and anxiety beneath her visage.

~*~

The landing had been smooth, and Sophia had been glad of it, flying was not particularly something she enjoyed very much. Yet as she stood to leave the plane a hand stopped her;

"Your Majesty should we not wait for them to meet us? We may seem overeager to please . . ." The Duke warned.

The Queen shaked her head, "Henry, if we are to seem friendly to this country we must make an effort. For goodness sake man, it is just greeting him."

The Duke merely shrugged, giving him a look of mock scorn, the Queen stood and exited the plane. As she stood at top of the stairway, she saw the King an his group awaiting her. Taking a deep breath she descended the steps, and Henry and her ladies followed behind.

As she approached the King she stopped a few paces before him and curtsied, an act followed by her Ladies and Henry bowed, it was almost humbling for Sophia to prostrate herself, it was something she had not done in a long time.

"Your Majesty King Raphael, it is an honour to meet you, as you can have guessed I am Queen Sophia of Izzyshipper."
Last edited by Izzyshipper on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Ciampino Air Force Base, Rome, The Republic of San Pellegrino Romana - 9:07 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010

HM King Raphael replied, "Your Majesty, Queen Sophia, it is my utmost honor to welcome you to the Republic." as he spoke, he and his entourage all made low bows at Queen Sophia. "I hope your trip went well Your Majesty. You see, I knew your father, HM King Henry IV. I met him in 1984, just several years before his untimely death. He was rather stressed in the last couple years of his life.......may he rest in peace. Is there anything you require at the moment?"
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Queen Sophia's well practised eyes regarded the King, he was a strong looking man in late middle age, with an look in his eyes that had an light heartened undertone to his gaze. She felt a pang of sadness mixed with an odd combination of anger when her father was mentioned. She had loved her father, but he had been a poor ruler and a very flawed man.

He would have been stressed when he met King Raphael, in the last few years of his reign was where he was getting more unstable, his erratic mood swings, bouts of rage mixed with depression and isolation. The wars would have been finally catching up with the economy and the people getting restless.

"Yes your Majesty, may he rest in peace. I'm sure your meeting would have been . . . interesting. I thank your Majesty for coming to accept me personally, it is a gesture that one will not forget. I do not need anything the now, my ladies and the Duke of Faranay have done a marvellous job of assisting me throughout my flight." She made a beckoning gesture to her group, and her ladies in waiting walked foward, holding a luxurious pure white coat.

"A gift your Majesty, for your wife, it is a coat that has been in the Royal Family for generations, originally owned by Queen Isabella. It is made from the finest furs, and is quite insulating even in the coldest weather and for yourself . . ." The Duke of Faranay walked forward, holding a small lacquered box, which was open revealing a small golden medal.

"We wish you to become an honorary Knight of the Order of Rose, Izzyshipper's most prestigious knighthood."

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Ciampino Air Force Base, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 9:15 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010

King Raphael studied the Queen and her entourage appraisingly. Queen sophia was a young woman in her early 40s. In the King's wise mind, she left an unforgettable impression. The Queen seemed to be the very definition of compassion and determination. It was up to her to whip the country back into shape after her father's death. Now, she was one of the most popular monarchs in the history of Izzyshipper.

"Your Majesty," the King replied, "I cannot tell you what an honor it is to have you here. Thank you for the very generous gifts, especially the coat for my wife. It is, if I may say, one of the best and unique gifts my wife has recieved. The Queen will be estatic when I give her the coat."

As the King was talking, he motioned his Personal Secretary, Vittorio Garabaldi to fetch the gifts for the Queen and her entourage.

Garabaldi and several Royal Protection Squad Agents brought the King several lavishly-decorated boxes.

"I have some very special gifts for you and your family Your Majesty," the King said in a very graceful tone.

King Raphael picked a long wooden box, which was polished to perfection, and said, "This sword for your son, Prince James. It was found at the Battle of Calabria in 1806 on the body of Giuseppe Lombardi, who was a very famous general. And to insure Prince James doesn't get hurt with the sword, I'm sending my personal fencing coach to train him for however long you may desire," the King said as he handed the sword to the Queen.

The King then motioned for a heavy metal briefcase to be brought forth. It looked like something valuable was inside, since it was handcuffed to the wrist of a RPS Agent. The Agent took a key, unlocked the handcuff from his wrist, and held the briefcase flat on his hands.

"This very special gift is for your daughter, Princess Victoria. I know she will treat them with great care," the King said as he opened the briefcase with a small silver key. Inside were two golden cups in immaculate condition. "These cups are made of 24 carat gold and were handcrafted in 456 B.C. during the reign of Lucius Tarquinius Superbus. Each cup is valued at $300,000. I'm sure your daughter will treasure this gift."

The King then pointed to a large box which was 4' by 4'. "I won't dare open this box, as it was a rather diffcult task packing what is within. Inside this box are over 5,600 DVD's of the Republic's best movies and television programs. I sincerely hope they enjoy this grand gift," the King said as he fixed his tie.

The King finally said, "I shall present you with a gift at the State Banquet Your Majesty, as well as one for your husband. Shall we take our leave and go to the palace?"
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Queen Sophia smiled broadly when King Raphael handed revealed the generous gifts presented to her. She handed the sword to the Duke of Faranay as she began speaking to the King.

"Your Majesty honours me with these outstanding and most generous gifts, they are among the most impressive I have ever received during my reign. The Prince James will I'm sure be delighted in his present, although he will definitely be supervised before he is allowed near it, I never heard the end of it when Prince Edward broke one of our more expensive artifacts when he was three, and that was without weaponry."

She gestured to one of her Ladies, who walked forward and took the cups from the SRA agent. "the Princess Victoria will be ecstatic with these, she will no doubt be away with some of her friends at Vinera University to study them, I will make sure if she finds anything interesting that she send a report to your Majesty. I must the expense of such items are a credit to your generosity."

"Prince Edward and Princess Isabella are avid collectors of film, indeed it was their efforts that led to the commissioning of a private cinema in the palace, and I know that San Pellegrino Romana has an excellent reputation for films."

After the gifts were taken away and stored, Sophia nodded towards the King, "Yes, let me see the famous Royal palace!"
Last edited by Izzyshipper on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Ciampino Air Force Base, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 9:37 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010

A Royal Protection Squad Agent spoke into a small microphone hidden near his cufflinks, "His Majesty and Queen Sophia are getting into 'the beast.' The package should be on the move within 5 minutes."

The RPS Agent guided King Raphael and Queen Sophia of Izzyshipper to the Royal State Limousine, which was custom-designed for His Royal Majesty King Raphael.

"I hope this is adequately comfortable for Your Majesty." King Raphael said as he personally opened the right-hand door for Queen Sophia.

The car was custom-made by Bretton Automotive and is painted in a maroon color, and the interior was reportably designed by the Queen-Consort herself.

"Only four such cars like this exist in the world. We are heading to the Royal Palace, and shall arrive within 20 minutes. Would Your Majesty care for something to drink? Perhaps a traditional Roman snack?" asked King Raphael.
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Queen Sophia thanked the King as he opened the door for her, and after doing so she slipped into it quickly, immediately surrounded by its luxurious interior. It was beautifully decorated, with the San Pelligrino Romana flag stitched into the seats gave it an unique and patriotic twist. After the King got in and sat to her left, the car began to drift off and speed to it's destination which, according to King Raphael was to be reached in twenty minutes.

The Queen sighed a little, releasing some of the tiredness of what had been an busy morning. Reclining further in the seat she answered the King as he enquired if she wanted anything to eat. "That would be most welcome your Majesty, tell me, what should I be expecting of San Pelligrino Romana, an nation with such a rich cuisine culture."

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:11 pm

En Route to the Royal Palace, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 9:45 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010

King Raphael reached towards a mini-cooler in a special compartment of the car and took out some bottles of its namesake San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water. "Your Majesty, have some of our namesake water, I'm sure you'll find it quite refreshing." King Raphael said as he handed Queen Sophia the miniature bottle. "This water comes from San Pellegrino Terme - where the San Pellegrino Family originates from. My family has bottled this miraculous water for over 200 years. Some claim that it even has medicinal purposes, but those claims have been unsupported with scientific evidence."

The weather turned from a dreary morning fog to a light rain as the Royal State limousine serenely sped through the highways which littered the outskirts of Rome. "Your Majesty," King Raphael said, "During your visit, you may expect to taste only the best Roman cuisine - from Pâté and Filet Mignon to Beluga Caviar - all prepared by the finest chefs in the country." At that moment, King Raphael handed Queen Sophia a small oak box which was carved with intricate scene dipicting the Battle of Liguria. "Something to tide Your Majesty over until we arrive at the Palazzo Cartelli." Inside the box were a delightful selection of nuts - cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, and many more varities of nuts. All came from the Campania Province of San Pellegrino Romana, which was without a doubt, the best region for producing wine, cheese, and nuts.
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Queen Sophia listened intently as King Raphael spoke, whilst taking a sip of the icy cold water. It was indeed refreshing, and so unlike the spring water in Izzyshipper. "Eccellente your Majesty, I can certainly see why the Royal Family of San Pellegrino Romana has made their fortune of bottling this pristine spring."

As they approached the outskirts of the famous city of Rome, Queen Sophia could see why the few poets who had visited Romana from Izzyshipper had raved about its beauty. It certainly was an wondrous place, and despite the early morning drizzle that accompanied this morning she could still appreciate the picturesque and magnificent view it offered.

She gladly accepted the small box of assorted nuts, thinking that she had not eaten anything since the plane took off. Nibbling and picking away at the kernels she began to gaze out at the city as the driver navigated through a dizzying amount of turns and roads.

As the car began to slow down, Sophia turned to see that they where approaching the beautiful Royal Palace of Rome.

"Tell me, your Majesty, how is the delightful Princess Maria, we haven't seen her since the last time she visited Edward."

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 pm

En Route to the Royal Palace, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 9:58 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010
As the Royal State Limousine speeded at a comfortable 65 miles per hour, King Raphael and Queen Sophia saw the beautiful landscape of Rome blend in with the contemporary and ancient buildings of Rome - some were built in the early foundations of the nation, circa 34 A.D., while others were being built at this very moment. Rome was a city where nature and urban living blended into one.

As the convoy entered "The Mall," which was the road leading to Caserta Palace, they passed Victoria Memorial, which was dedicated to Queen Victoria - a monarch not unlike Queen Sophia herself. At that moment, Queen Sophia inquired about Princess Maria, King Raphael's eldest daughter, and thus The Princess Royal (the title given to the monarch's eldest daughter).

"Ah yes, Maria, the bride-to-be. Thank you for asking about her. She is doing very well. She cannot wait to see Prince Edward again, and is hoping to go to Izzyshipper next week in order to see him. I can assure you that she will be the first to greet you when we arrive. She has always been fond of visiting dignitaries. One time, when King Alexander IV of Monte Mare visited us, Maria eagerly waited at the front door for over 20 minutes in order to be the first to greet "Uncle Alex." She just loves to socialize with people - I've never seen a more spirited young girl in my life."

While King Raphael told Queen Sophia the story, the convoy approached the gates of Caserta Palace. The solid-iron gates were massive - they weighed 2 tons a piece, and were completely ram-proof. Dozens of tourists, who were there since the Palace was a major international tourist attaction, were about to witness the pomp and circumstance of a state arrival ceremony.

As the Royal State Limousine entered the compound of Caserta Palace, King Raphael finished his story and asked Queen Sophia, "How is the groom-to-be, Prince Edward? I hope he's doing well."
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 am

"Ah Edward, what can we say? He is behaving as usual, which is to mean not at all" She laughed slightly, although the fact that her son was at times highly irresponsible, and her reprimands and punishments were at times ineffective in chastising and controlling him, was an rather distasteful one in her mind. "I must say your Majesty, I am most grateful for Maria's effect on him, she seems to calm his volatile nature where others fail to do so."

Sophia looked out the window, and staring back at her as they made their way inside the Palace's grounds were the keen eyes of a crowd of tourists, something she was quite used to. She waved a few times towards them, and was rewarded with the scurried clicks of camera's as they flashed to take a picture of the Royal passengers.

"I was actually discussing with his Excellency Ambassador de' Pazzi only a few days ago about the plans for the wedding, I believe we were discussing the possible peerages we were going to bestow upon the Couple, of course after she is married she will be the Archduchess of the Sevri Islands by marriage, as well as the crown princess and future Queen, but we were thinking of creating her the Duchess of Fernswick and Viscountess of Hornesbay."

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Caserta Palace, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana - 10:08 AM, Monday, August 24, 2010
As the limousine entered through the gates of Caserta Palace, the Royal Guards were standing at attention, awaiting the moment where the two monarchs would step out of the vehicle.

King Raphael smiled as Queen Sophia talked about Edward & Maria. The fact that Maria had found happiness in Edward and vice-versa, made Raphael very happy - it also took his mind off the plethora of problems in the region - from the revolution in Beatlesland, to the exile of the Creestahlyian Royal Family, whom had found a temporary home here in Rome. Princess Maria was King Raphael & Queen Elizabeth's first-born daughter. She was known as the Princess Royal, the title given to the eldest daughter of the sovereign. The Bretton State Limousine came to a stop at the main fascade of Caserta Palace.

While the marching band was playing a royal fanfare, which was played whenever a foreign monarch or head of state arrived at Caserta Palace. Queen Sophia & King Raphael were still in the car, waiting until the song ended. Raphael responded to Queen Sophia's comment by saying, "Im thrilled that Ambassador de' Pazzi is enjoying his tenure as the Roman Ambassador to Izzyshipper. I agree that peerages are an important part any royal ceremony, especially a royal wedding. I was thinking of bestowing some decorations and medals on Edward & Maria in commemoration of their wedding. We'll most likely strike a commemorative wedding medal in honor of Edward & Maria's wedding."

King Raphael looked at the band, which was still playing the fanfare, and then continued, "Coincidentally, several days ago, I was also talking to Vittorio Garibaldi, my Private Secretary, and he mentioned about bestowing some Roman peerages to Crown Prince Edward, with Your Majesty's approval. Possible ideas include, Duke of Caserta and Count of Padua. In addition, Maria is second in line to the throne, after her brother, HRH The Prince of Rome. If by any case, my son or his future children are unable to take the throne, Maria would become Queen and Edward would be King Consort - Im sure thats very unlikely though, since no Roman monarch has abdicated for quite a while. The Privy Council has been debating whether or not to remove Maria from the line of succession due to this matter. What would Your Majesty suggest?" The royal fanfare ended, and the time had come that the monarchs exited the car.

Palace footment approached the doors and gracefully opened them. Raphael exited the limousine first, and extended his hand to Queen Sophia. As he did so, he gestured towards the main entrance, and said, "Ah, there's my family, eagerly awaiting Your Majesty's arrival. Let's go and greet them. Then we'll start the official welcoming ceremony."
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:46 am

The Queen paused at the suggestion of Maria's removal from the line of succession, "I would not dream of deciding the Princess Maria's succession to the Roman Throne, but I worry that if Her Royal Highness was to succeed, for two monarchs to be husband and wife their would be very little time for each other, and the whole situation of whether Izzyshipper and San Pelligrino Romana would be under the reign of one monarch when it comes to their own children succeeding their parents is an tricky one. Edward could not possibly leave Izzyshipper while being it's King, after all our Monarchy is the Head of Government as well as State.

If such an incident were to occur, I would advocate the Roman Throne and Izzyerian throne be inherited by two different heirs. However your Majesty, I daresay we are planning for what is hopefully an unlikely eventuality."

The Queen replied as the car slowed to an halt, and she was then offered the King's hand to exit the car, which she gratefully took. Straightening her dress, she walked together with the King to the Roman Royal Family.

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Wed May 11, 2011 2:04 pm

OOC: Writing a post.
Caserta Palace, Rome, The United Kingdom of San Pellegrino Romana

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents