NATION

PASSWORD

One Great Leap (FT, Invite only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

One Great Leap (FT, Invite only)

Postby Novus Niciae » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 pm

The NRS Vanguard slid silently out of the dry dock where she was being refitted, on the bridge Captain Gina Niciae, a tall GEM with black hair who was wearing a white naval uniform with a scout service badge on the hat sat in the command chair and inspected the readouts, The newly installed jump drive was working and the two rear turrets had sensors in them instead of the usual triple x-ray laser batteries. Everything appeared to be running normally.

"Signal the Commodore and let him know we have completed our pre jump checks" She said

"Vanguard to Harbormaster, we have completed all pre jump checks, request permission to proceed to 100 diameters to the jump point." the communications officer said

A few moments later a reply came back "Rodger that, Vanguard this is Harbormaster you are cleared to proceed to the jump point"

"Helm, proceed at best speed to the jump point." Gina ordered

"Aye, mam, proceeding to jump point, ETA 20 minutes" the helmsman replied and typed a few commands into the control panel.

The massive ship turned gracefully and a yellow glow shone on the thruster plates as the ship began to move.

"Astrogation, How is the plot for the course to Agater coming along?" Gina asked the navigator

"The course is ready to go as soon as we hit the jump point" Tina Niciae, the navigator replied.

Gina gulped slightly as she realized that she and her ship would be the first Nicians to leave their home system, a few unmanned probes had been sent on ahead to map the Agater system and they knew there was an inhabitable planet there that did not have sentient life and they were being sent to establish a forward colony in the system. but the historic nature of this voyage was not lost on her and she felt very nervous.

"Mam, we are 1 minute away from the jump point" the helmsman stated.

"Very Good, prepare to engage the jump drive on my mark." Gina ordered and pulled up a timer onto her display screen to countdown the distance to the jump point.

"Engage Jump Drive in 3... 2... 1... Now" She ordered as she watched the final seconds of the timer countdown.

The Lanthanum grid of the jump drive on the ship's armor glowed blue for a moment then the glow slowly spread till there was a blue glowing bubble where the ship used to be then the glow shrunk down to nothing and the ship was gone.

Inside the Vanguard the outer display screens turned gray and there was silence.

After a moment Gina spoke, "All departments report in" she ordered.
"Engineering reporting in, no damage"
"Medical reporting in, life support systems nominal, no casualties"
"Gunnery reporting in, No targets sighted"
"Helm reporting in, Sublight drives non operational but undamaged"
"Astrogation reporting in, Jump insertion successful, jump field holding, ETA to jump egress one week, we did it"
"Science reporting in, Jump space being analyzed, getting some very interesting readings here"

She heaved a sigh of relief, they had made it this far. now all they had to do was wait.

"Tina take the bridge, I am going to my quarters" Gina said and unsocketed from the command chair and left.

"Aye Mam" Tina said and left the astrogation station and sat in the command chair and pulled her astrogation charts up onto its displays and socketed herself into the computer.

One week later, 100 diameters from Agater III, a garden world a pinprick of blue light suddenly appeared and grew to the size of a ship then faded slowly until a ship with a glowing blue grid across its armor appeared, about 30 seconds later the grid stopped glowing and was no longer visible.

"Mam we have emerged from jump space" Tina said

"Sensors, I want a scan of the area and the planet, lets see what's out there" Gina ordered.

OOC: Invites have been sent by PM.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Magna Omega
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Colonial Task Force (CTF) 415, Agater system

Rear Admiral Pivit, commander of CTF 415, stood firm at the bridge of the O.N.V. Iter (VCX[C] 1181). The massive 5.2 kilometer long Pax class colony vessel was at the head of a 15 ship colony fleet. Pivit was assigned this mission to seek out new and prosperous worlds for colonization. The Ministry of Colonial Affairs approved the latest colonization bill to scout out far reaches of space for possible outposts.

With only a few security vessels, CTF 415 would appear weak from afar. But the Iter was a monster with the size and firepower to rival that of a New Rome class dreadnought. It was more thn capable of defending itself against any aggession. The Pax class was the only vessel without a CIC, in the entire MOSDC (Magna Omega Stellar Defense Command). This was due to it being, officially, a non combatatnt vessel with only a colonization purpose...although it still stood with a fair hand in a fight.

Rear Admiral Pivit had ordered a quick scan, from orbit, of the lush world known as Agater III. Not long after scans had conducted innitial search patterns, a vessel of an unknown make was detected on the other side of the planet.

"Origin?" asked Pivit to the ship's AI Shree.

"Unknown, sir." Shree responded. "It is, however, emitting high energy signatures."

"Do you think it's safe to make contact?" asked Pivit cautiously.

"I don't see why not, Admiral. They do not appear to be threatening but one can never be too careful."

The Admiral pondered this for a brief moment of reflection. "Very well. Set up a subspace link. They won't know where we are...just in case they turn out to be of the unfriendly nature."

"Aye." a few minutes went by as the link was established. "Link established, sir." said Shree suddenly, her female voice catching the Admiral off guard. "I've set it up on a secure Theta band. Just speak throught the..."

"I know, I know."

Rear Admiral Pivit strode over to the COM pael and presses hard upon the switch. He speaks clearly.

"This is Rear Admiral Pivit of the Omegan colonial task force 415. We are possitioned in this system as part of a joint branch colonial operation. We mean you no harm and bare no hostilities. Please identify yourself."
Last edited by Magna Omega on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nuts." ~General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Station 12 wrote:I'm never going to die.

You can all remember me for my lack of dyingness.

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 pm

"Mam, we are getting some very unusual readings on the Passive Electromagnetic Sensor Array, We are picking up an energy signature consistent with a small fleet on the other side of the planet and we are being hailed" The sensor tech reported.

"Very good, put them onto the main speaker and go to yellow alert status" Gina said and the light on the bridge status indicator went from green to yellow, around the ship people who were on their off shifts got up and reported to their duty stations.

"This is Rear Admiral Pivit of the Omegan colonial task force 415. We are positioned in this system as part of a joint branch colonial operation. We mean you no harm and bare no hostilities. Please identify yourself." came a crackly voice on the speaker.

"That's Unusual, they speak Latin, Comms, see if you can do something to clear that up and send me the frequency" Captain Gina said

"Aye mam" The communications tech said and operated a few controls

She activated the microphone and spoke. "Colonial task force 415, This is Captain Gina Niciae the Nician republic scout service ship NRS Vanguard, we read your signal. We are on a exploration mission to this system to establish a forward base for colonization, Please stand by while we move to your position to get a clearer signal."

"Helm, Plot a course to the signal contact and be ready for anything" she said.

The thruster plates glowed yellow and the ship began to move around the planet.

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm

"They picked up our signal sir." said Shree bluntly.

"So I see. Theta bands are never useful, anyways. Bring the Iter into position to make regular contact with them. If they're trying to colonize this area, it could present a real problem."

Once in position, the massive O.N.V. Iter halted 6,000 kilometers off the bow of the NRS Vanguard. Shree established a proper communications link as the Admiral spoke.

"This is Rear Admiral Pivit again. I have clear contact with you. Unfortunately, we have this system fully scouted for colonization of our own. In the interests of avoiding a fight, I've contacted my Admiralty, though it may be a while until a response is heard. Until then, would you like to come aboard? We would love to have you and some of your officers for dinner. Maybe we may get to know about each other."

OOC: My task force is far from home and still doesn't know about you joining the JSA yet. They'll hear it from the admiralty later.
Last edited by Magna Omega on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm

"Comms, I want a message drone prepared with a copy of our ships logs and a message to be launched to home, and open a channel" Captain Gina said.

"We are dropping a drone to send as message back to our government, but while we wait for a reply I will take you up on your offer, I will be coming over on my shuttle and some of my officers"

"Tina, Jess & Henri come with me we are going to go and have a chat, perhaps we can reach a compromise, & Henri bring two of your girls with us just in case" Gina said

A small cylinder about two meters long shot out the rear of the ship and sped off to 100 diameters and disappeared in a flash of blue light.
On board was the message. "System occupied with class 1 non native life (human), They are in early colony setup, negotiating with their commander, please advise" it also contained copies of the ships logs

And a couple of minutes later the forward hanger bay of the Vanguard opened and a shuttle launched from the bay and headed towards the Iter to dock.

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:32 pm

The Nician vessel was received and docked in one of the lower main hanger bays. Officers surrounded the Admiral as he came to greet them. He stepped into the primary elevator and descended rapidly. He, and his entourage, arrived just in time to see the Nicians exiting their ship. The tall brown haired man approached with a smile upon his face.

"It's god to see you in person." he said extending his hand. "I'm Rear Admiral Pivit, commander of CTF 415. Welcome aboard the O.N.V. Iter."

Old Erisia wrote:

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Six nearly identical women exited the shuttle, they were about two meters tall and athletic looking they had different colored hair and uniforms but there was a strong resemblance amongst them.

"Captain Gina Niciae, NRS Vanguard, Pleased to meet you Admiral, Let me introduce my command crew, This is Tina Niciae my navigator, Jess Niciae my science officer aboard the Vanguard & Henri Niciae the head of security and Toni & Lara Niciae who are marines , and Marie who is the shuttle pilot but she will stay with the shuttle" Gina said pointing out each person and finally gesturing to the shuttle where a woman waved from the cockpit window when she was pointed at and held out her hand.

"We have sent a message back to our fleet command and there should be a reply shortly. But in the meantime lets have a talk."

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:28 pm

"Very well. Pleased to meet you all." said Pivit shaking the hands of each one. He led them to the main elevator and up to the command deck. From there, they proceeded on, into the officer's lounge, which was the most luxurious spot on the ship. They passed many bulkheads and corridors on their way there. Many passing officers and crewmen saluted the Admiral as they passed, and got a swift salute back. Several colonial engineers also strode the halls with large equipment containers in their hands. They proceeded to back away to let the Admiral's procession continue.

They finally reached the officer's lounge. As the door slid open a large room full of relaxing ship officers came into view. It had several fine sofas, some made of leather. A bar and kitchen were set in the back near the 12 viewscreens and access terminals. It was a small place of enjoyment on a ship where so much could go so wrong in the blink of an eye.

"It's a nice place." said the Admiral leading his guests to a table. "Due to our official non-combatant status we are able to obtain more private indulgences then other MOSDC vessels. Of course this is the only non-combatant vessel class in the MOSDC. Come sit."

Soon officers on kitchen duty delivered a plethora of drinks and food on steaming plates and smaller tables, made especially for their guests' arrival. The Admiral leaned in a bit as everyone got situated.

"So...what can you tell me about your people and your place of business here? Perhaps we could work out some sort of compromise."
Last edited by Magna Omega on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Erisia wrote:

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:51 pm

"Where to begin? ahh yes, Lets start by telling you about our nation, Novus Niciae. Novus Niciae is a nation 3 parsecs from here, We are a meritocratic republic and we have settled our entire home system, but we are short on agricultural supplies. So we were sent out on the first interstellar jump to locate a nearby system with an uninhabited garden world so that we could expand our agricultural capacity." Gina said

"Here is a small dossier about us that might do a better job of explaining this than I can" She said and handed him a folder that had some computer printouts with the factbook on it (OOC: See fact book in my sig for what it says)

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49 pm

"You have an interesting society. In ways, it is similar to the IFMO." The Admiral uploaded a document onto the Nician computer from his omni-tool and handed it back. "This is an information packet about the IFMO for first contact situations. You may find some interesting information about us."

OOC: Same here. My factbook is in my sig. This is just an exchange of factbooks I suppose.

Old Erisia wrote:

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:58 am

OOC: Uh...bump?

Old Erisia wrote:

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm

OOC: sorry been distracted for the past couple of days.

A couple of hours later a blue pinprick of light appeared in the void and formed a jump bubble and a small probe emerged, it sat in space and slowly spun around for a few seconds and then took off towards the vanguard.

It was collected and had the following message:

+++Message Begins+++
ATTN: Commanding officer NRS Vanguard
Sender: Queen Anastasia Johns

You are proceed with deploying the settlement materials on the western continent of Agater III, A diplomatic delegation is en-route to take over negotiations and will arrive in about 4 days from when you receive this message, You are to advise the Iter that a Castellum class tender carrying the main body of the colony and a diplomatic ship will arrive. You are authorized to compromise and offer joint colony to the commander of the Iter, But we must have the western continent.

+++Message Ends+++

The comms officer of the Vanguard passed this message on to Captain Gina

As captain Gina sat reading the factbooks her PDA started to beep. She looked at if for a second.

"The message we sent has got a reply" she said "The Queen has authorized me to offer you the eastern continent of this planet so that you can proceed with establishing your colony, but we would like the western continent to settle as an agricultural colony. They are also sending the main body of the colony and a high level delegation on a tender ship to negotiate the details and discuss other matters." she continued.

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Just hours into the meeting, the crews of each ship already began to speak to one another in a more casual fashion. The company of the officer's lounge was enjoyed tremendously. Then, an Ensign shot through the door and whispered something in the Admiral's ear. Admiral Pivit nodded and turned to his Nician guest of honor as he rose from his seat.

"Excuse me for one moment, please." he said softly. He strode over to a corner of the room and spoke for half an hour with someone through his omni-tool, which was linked to the Iter's advanced subspace relay. He later returned to the table where he sat down again. This time he held out his omni-tool and downloaded something.

"I've relayed your vessel a message from the JSA government. They've just received it. It appears that your nation is, indeed, a JSA member. I had no idea, being out here in the traverse and all. I apologize...but the message from my government might make it up to you." He smiled benevolently.

The message, in document format, read:

The Joint Systems Alliance

Official Territorial Grant

To: The Republic of Novus Niciae

On behalf of the Joint Systems Alliance, the Interstellar Federation of Magna Omega proudly confers upon The Republic of Novus Niciae an official territorial grant. After carefully reviewing the situation at hand, Rear Admiral Pivit has been informed of your entry into the Joint Systems Alliance. Your esteemed Republic is hereby granted the entirety of the Agater system and all of the rights, privileges, and benefits that that entails. Upon your instruction, the Omegan colonization fleet, designated Colonial Task Force 415, will withdrawal from what is now sovereign Nician space, however the Rear Admiral has offered to aid the Nicians in their colonization efforts of the system being as you are an official allied state. Whatever the case, we, of the JSA, are proud to confer this gift upon you and are proud to call the Nicians our allies. Best wishes on your nation's future endeavors.

Your faithful ally,

John Avius, Prime Minister of the IFMO, leader of the JSA
Last edited by Magna Omega on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Erisia wrote:

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 pm

"Thank you very much admiral" Captain Gina said. "When we left port the negotiations to join the JSA were only just getting started so I had no idea. You are welcome to stay as long as you like and the tender with the colony materials and some diplomats will be arriving in a few days, I am sure they will put on a reception or something on tender" she continued.

"You can visit my ship if you like while you wait, but I am afraid its going to be a bit busy, we have to get to the landing area and place some landing beacons and clear an area and lay some concrete pads for the transports to land on." she finished

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Rear Admiral Pivit rose from his chair and extended his hand to his guest.

"It would be my honor to help you establish the colonies here. I've been authorized to stay for about four and a half months. Plenty of time to get started. I look forward to working with you and your people within that time."

Old Erisia wrote:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents