NATION

PASSWORD

IntraGalactic-Communications-Network (FT, TG for invite)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

IntraGalactic-Communications-Network (FT, TG for invite)

Postby Vetokia Prime » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:41 pm

A mass broadcast began over the channels of the galaxy, showing a tall, powerfully-built man addressing the camera directly. A small bar at the bottom of all the screens identified him as the head of the IntraGalactic-Communications-Network, Tymon Garsh. Before he starts talking, an narrator does so, 'Attention, citizens of the galaxy. This is a InGalNet broadcast for your attention.' Tymon's pleasant baritone rang throughout the soundsystems as he began to talk;

'Ladies and gentlemen, fellow inhabitants, humanoid and non-humanoid of this fair galaxy, we at InGalNet have observed for some time that the various peoples of the galaxy very rarely have a chance to communicate, to understand, others. The few of us that do find that communication through such things as workers on merchant ships, official government visits, and sadly to say, war.'

'But, why should we settle for such meagre means, when we can offer a way to communicate, to understand others? So, that is what we at InGalNet aim to do. We should, no, will, offer you, the people of this galaxy, the chance to do so. To that end, InGalNet is proud to announce that we will be expanding our coverage to cover, hopefully, this beautiful galaxy in its entirety.'

'We invite other nations to invest or even to conduct peer interviews. Through such measures do we gain knowledge, and from knowledge do we gain truth. I'm Tymon Garsh, and thank you for your attention.'

This is strictly an IC thread. OOC questions can be asked here.
Last edited by Vetokia Prime on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation Retired.
Storm_: "Truly. I wish to hit her so hard that whoever pulled me out of him will be crowned the next King of England. I will conquer Asia to build an Empire for the manpower that would build the machine I would use to tap that ass. I would initiate a forbidden ritual to ascend to the next step of existence, so I could hit her like the fist of an angry god."

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 pm

'Attention, citizens of the galaxy. This is a InGalNet broadcast for your attention.'

'Hello, I'm Samuel Karthan, and I'll be your host tonight on Point-To-Point. First off though, a little announcement for all of you. The IntraGalactic-Communications Network Corporation has embarked on a deal with The Matriarchal Commonwealth of Nua Gealach. To that end, InGalNet has secured the grand total of five-point-six million USD to further our aims of knowledge and communication for all.'

'But, my fond audience, let's get down to the nitty-gritty of what you're all here for. Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, we have a very special guest for you. No less, than the the Grand Councillor and Grand Master of the Assassin Priest Order, Keo Gelvi!'

*Waits for applause to die down*

'So, Grand Councillor, suppose we start off with our first question of the night; What exactly is an Assassin Priest?
Nation Retired.
Storm_: "Truly. I wish to hit her so hard that whoever pulled me out of him will be crowned the next King of England. I will conquer Asia to build an Empire for the manpower that would build the machine I would use to tap that ass. I would initiate a forbidden ritual to ascend to the next step of existence, so I could hit her like the fist of an angry god."

Nua Gealach
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Gealach » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:56 pm

"I can't go into to much detail, but most of the basics are very simple. essentially, we are the protectors of both the history and culture of our people. Although some think this makes us more priest than assassin, it is quite complicated."

Coughing to clear her voice, she continued, "While the government is usually secure, sometimes things occur where politics and reason just don't apply anymore, and that is where the assassin portion comes into play. An example would have been the almost recent rebellion from the Centralist party. There leader, Diamani, not only killed the last Grand Councilor, but also exiled the entire Assassin Priest Caste. When she was tracked down, along with her higher up conspiritors, she was killed without questioning and trial. This does not happen all the time mind you, to silence threats, but when it is great, it must be done."

Sipping a glass filled with an odd orange and red liquid, she finished with, "Assassins are trained from when they are first accepted in our society at 13 years of age. From there, they learn diplomacy, literature, knifery, gunnery, hacking, and any other skills deemed useful for our caste. All in all, its seven years of training, five years of apprenticeship and a single year of lone exploration, where one explores the galaxy for a year in search of themselves and others."
From ashen flames, rises a new nation, and a new people.

Proud Member of the Joint System Alliance [Defunct]
The IntraGalactic-Communciations Network [Defunct]

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Samuel nodded in fascination, '13 years, you say? And this all goes towards an education that trains it's students for nearly anything? Truly, truly, fascinating.' He leaned back and shuffled the papers in his hand, 'Well, I suppose I should move onto our next question. Tell me, what exactly is Nua Gealach like? Is it a jungle world, volcanic, even just rural? And what exactly you like about it.'
Nation Retired.

Nua Gealach
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Gealach » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:22 pm

"The homeworld is actually, by galactic standards, not as well as some might imagine. The planet is almost 85% water, with almost all the livable landmasses turned into urban metropolises. The only area that still keeps the atmosphere alive is the southern continent, which is kept as a nature reserve. About 70% of the tree's on the planet are on that one continent, the rest spread among the parks of the cities. The days are, give or take, 36 hours long, with the sun up for 24." She thought for a moment, and said "What I like about the planet is the diversity. Usually, on most planets, you would expect to find almost all the inhabitants being of that species. But on our world, there are Centurions, Omegans, Ekilionites, et cetera, all due to our allying with the JSA. The second best is the architecture. Due to our limited land mass, we were forced to build up and down. Some buildings expand past a mile underground, and some above a mile up."

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 pm

'So a world with skyscrapers that extend both ways? Very unusual, I don't believe I've ever heard of anything like that. Perhaps InGalNet can continue to find more things like this to share with the people of the galaxy.' He sipped from his own water carafe before carrying on, 'So in essence it's your world's cosmopolitanism that appeals to you? Again, that's undoubtedly one of the benefits that sharing knowledge like this can lead to.'

He paused momentarily, 'Well the time races on and it's time for the third question. This one, dealing with more public events than the previous, for the benefit of those of you at home who have just tuned in. Tell me Grand Master, what exactly is your own opinion of the newly emerged Rethast threat?'
Nation Retired.

Nua Gealach
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Gealach » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm

"To tell you the truth, I have only just heard of them recently. I have heard rumors of isolated events and attacks, but nothing really terrible. I searched the National Archives for them, and while they are mentioned once or twice in the pre-commonwealth histories as a 'threat to the galaxy' and a 'oncoming storm', they are relatively unknown to me. If they do appear and what is said about them is true, then we will fight. But currently, I find it rather unbelievable that such a race exists in more than fairytales and dreams."

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 am

'Something to hope for, by the sounds of it,' Samuel replied with a wan smile. 'Perhaps the coming days will settle this once and for all.' He turned to look at the camera, 'And we're due for a short break folks, back after these ads.'

*Camera fades out*

'Welcome to Interstellar Shipyards,Ltd. Here we sell only the finest warships for a price you wouldn't believe. If you want a package that delivers armour, speed and power, then we've got it.'

'InGalNet- Bringing knowledge to you, and giving you the truth. Subscriptions available for only twenty Universal Standard Credits a month. Look up holonet channel ##A174-Beta for more information.'

*Camera fades back*

'And we're back!So Grand Councillor, here's the next question. Where exactly, do you believe the balance of power lies in the galaxy? Is it in the alliances like the JSA, Hermes, the Galactic Empire, or even a single nation?'
Nation Retired.

Nua Gealach
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Gealach » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:18 pm

"Good question. While I have the utmost confidence in the JSA and its power, the JSA is not the forefront in power in the galaxy. That would simply be an ignorant claim. We are growing, for sure, but even at our current pace, we would never match up to some of the other alliances and groupings out there. For example, the Hyborbian Khanate a while back. I doubt the JSA could have handled it alone. But even they are not the strongest. Hermes is powerful, and so is the Galactic Empire, but I don't think anyone can currently claim to be the dominant force as of now. The drift of the galaxy is always changing, with new races and systems appearing everyday. To claim to be the best of the best, well, it wouldn't be long until you are knocked on your feet by another power."

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Samuel's face twisted into a grimace, 'A lesson that, hopefully, others will learn the easy way rather than the hard way.'

'Very well, Grand Councillor, we've just enough time for our last question. Does the continuing militarisation by most galactic powers worry you? I mean, if you look at the old regimes that have had years to settle themselves, or as you just said, the new systems and races that appear seemingly out of nowhere, both sides seem very confident, and rely on their respective military forces for that. Do you think that a good thing?'
Nation Retired.

Nua Gealach
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Gealach » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

"What I believe is that the star nations of the galaxy should learn to rely less on there guns and more on there minds. If the galaxy started to lower there production of weapons by say, 10% this decade, and another 10% the next, then this galaxy would be much better. It would garantee a lesser amount of warfare, competition, and I also think a lowering in the amount of piracy, seeing as they advance with the national weaponry. Should everyone simply disarm slightly, things would be much better, for all."

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:34 pm

'Yes, it's a sad thing when violence rules all. Perhaps if a peace initiative were to be set up, we could actually achieve something like this. But, anyway, we're at the end of our time here, so ladies and gentlemen, I ask you to give a round of applause to the Grand Councillor!'

*Camera fades out*

'Hello I'm Josephus Gufyr and this is InGalNet news. Today the news that the Grittonian Banking Authority has invested in InGalNet has been confirmed. The GBA has signed over five-point-six billion Universal Standard Credits to help our expansion in the Delta Segment. In addition, the GBA has loaned the use of two of it's 'Far-Out' Communications Ships.'

'The Confederate Government has today announced that after the Kaderbian engagement with Navy forces, the decision has been reached to scrap the CWS Alexander due to extensive damage. Commander Shuhafer was promoted to Captain for his excellent job in the battle.'

'That's all for now, we'll be back next week, where Point-To-Point will be interviewing High Priest Greg Freikel, also the Supreme Assistant of the Chairman of the GBA.'
Nation Retired.

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:24 am

'Attention, citizens of the galaxy. This is a InGalNet broadcast for your attention.'

'Hello I'm Josephus Gufyr and this is InGalNet News. Another investor, the First Star Imperium of Fulma, has been confirmed in InGalNet, for the sum of two-point-five million Universal Standard Credits. This now brings InGalNet to around $5,608,100,000 in investments.'

'In other news, the private yacht of Aulius Grafan, CEO of Explorer-Corp has been found in the outer limits of the Vetokian home system. Mr Grafan disappeared two months ago during a trip shortly after news emerged that he was under investigation in regards to the settlement of Eridu II. Reports that a body was found on-board, have, so far been denied by the Confederate government.'

'It's the 200th anniversary of the discovery of the Shunt Drive today, and the 179th anniversary of Professor Rockwell's death. A memorial is planned to be held at Lehman Theoretical University in the Rockwell Facility.'

'That's all for tonight, folks. Next up, we have Point-To-Point.'

*Camera cuts to Studio*

'Hiya folks, yes it's me again, Samuel Karthan, and welcome to Point-To-Point. Tonight we have with us a very special guest, High Priest Greg Freikel, also the Supreme Assistant of the Chairman of the GBA.'

'So Mr Freikal, suppose we start with our first question. How did the Grittonian Banking Authority come about?'
Nation Retired.

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

''Well, to make an extremely long and boring story short: We, the Ghat race began in the Ghat system. There are around ten planets who have been settled since Great King Grrtary made the first Ghattian spaceship. Anyway, we traded between ourselfs and we managed until one of the planets began to get greedy and charged enourmous amounts of money for their products. So, three other planets banded together under the then named Three Ghat Association which demanded fair prices unless the planet wished to be without food and such. Then, the other planets joined the TGA which later was formed into the Grittonian Banking Authority. Now, we control four systems, accept all 888 currencies in the galaxy and have a sizeable chunk of the Galaxy's business.''
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Vetokia Prime
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetokia Prime » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:34 am

'Quite an example of pulling yourself up by the bootlaces, there! So your nation is quite an economic powerhouse.'

'Well, it's time for the next question. Mr Feikal, you're the High Priest of the Ghat people. What exactly is your faith system?'
Nation Retired.

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:57 am

''Well, to translate it to Humana, we believe in the Church of M'Oney, often called the Church of Money. Chairman M'Oney, the M is his pre-set family title which is no longer used by the general public. For example I would be G'Reg, General Reg, but in his case it means Mechanic Oney, was the Chairman of the GBA when the Great Pirate Raid began. It was a massive attack by pirates and our fleet was being destroyed, due to us only having whatever ships we had brought from ex-smugglers and pirates. Still, M'Oney got in his personal starfighter, a highly modified Z-95, launched into space and managed to shoot down 10 fighters, 3 frigates and 1 corvette before needing to land to refuel and reload.''

Greg took his drink, a pink drink with fumes coming from it, and took a sip.

''Nothing like a Ghattian triple screwdriver mixed with a Grrtarian Double Sangri'ti. It really overloads my circuits. Where was I? Oh yeah, anyways M'Oney killed the pirate leader who was in the corvette he shot. The other pirates surrendered and with that, we had enough pirate ships to make a new fleet, the people to man it and enough scrap metal to begin the Main Base. Now, it contains over 150 million people and it's a massive economic and military place for the GBA. So, M'Oney is revered as a semi-god, with other people who spared the Ghattian race from utter destruction.''
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents