NATION

PASSWORD

International Association of Slave Exporting Nations-(IASEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nubgyt
Attaché

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nubgyt » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:28 pm

The Pharoh Ceres condemns this association.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:Image

IASEN Code of Rules:

1. All member nations must resign from the World Assembly,
2. All member nations must defend shipping routes if threatened,
3. All member nations must uphold the noble practice of slavery,
4. All member nations must promote slavery in all its forms,

Application:

Just ask.

Member List:

1. Greater Tezdrian
2. North African Empire
3. Des-Bal
4. Great Nepal

To: Empress Tan

Unilisia would love to join ! We qualify on all accounts !
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Nubgyt wrote:The Pharoh Ceres condemns this association.

Your displeasure is noted and respectfully ignored.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Reich1
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Reich1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Reich1 have not set up a slave market, but we import the slaves. If it is possible to join we would like too.
Proud member of IASEN.
Proud member of IOG member.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Unilisia wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:Image

IASEN Code of Rules:

1. All member nations must resign from the World Assembly,
2. All member nations must defend shipping routes if threatened,
3. All member nations must uphold the noble practice of slavery,
4. All member nations must promote slavery in all its forms,

Application:

Just ask.

Member List:

1. Greater Tezdrian
2. North African Empire
3. Des-Bal
4. Great Nepal

To: Empress Tan

Unilisia would love to join ! We qualify on all accounts !

You are accepted!!!!
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Reich1 wrote:Reich1 have not set up a slave market, but we import the slaves. If it is possible to join we would like too.

You are also accepted.
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Official Communique to All Nations In The IASEN

We are utterly outraged at the establishment of this alliance, and hereby declare war on all nations who have joined. The encouragement of slavery shall not be tolerated in the world at any time. You are all abominations and are the refuse of true civilized society, such as the countless others that are standing up against the barbaric and idiotic practice of slavery. However, we urge these nations to take their actions a step further and declare war on the nations of this alliance. We also hereby blockade all nations in this alliance and issue an embargo on all nations on this alliance.

This action has been approved in Parliament.

Yea 85 - Nay 15

Best Regards,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 pm

To: Orlkjestad

We are shocked to hear your message. You say you believe in freedom but oppose people who believes in slave trade? You may not like slave trade, we have nothing to say in it but we believe in slave trade so we have our right to practice it. And there is also a question of Free market. Every nation have its own views so we urge not to interference in the personal matter of a nation, it is considered immoral. And about declaring a war, we dont think this is a good reason to declare a war.

-Dictator Of Great Nepal.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 pm

OOC: Some peope have better things to do than write out IC posts but whatever....this is for Tezdrian :)

IC:

To: All Who Oppose The International Association of Slave Exporting Nations
From: The Imperatrix of the Unitational Ornithocracy of Unilisia

Although I don't agree with your condemnation of this alliance, I agree with your right to do so. However, any armed attack against this association will result in the utter decimation of the country/countries involved. Never mess with a woman scorned.

Signed,
Her Divine Majesty Imperatrix Evelyn Staleko of the Unitational Ornithocracy of Unilisia.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Daemonicai
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Daemonicai » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:26 pm

SIC:

To: The Empire of Greater Tezdrian
From: The Ministry of International Affairs of the Party of Daemonika
Subject: Observer Status

While we, the Imperium of Daemonika, do not practice open chattel slavery or the slave trade, we manage the lowest classes into unpaid labour groups. These are the petty criminals, the illegal immigrants, the mutant, the non-conformists and the special types of uncitizens deemed acceptable for this category. This practice is legally known as serfdom, where the groups are given to the council of a county (which is a sub-region of a province). The counties send them to work in factories, mines, buildings and other hard labour and dangerous jobs. While we would have the Proletarians do these jobs, many of the companies and factories still have more stations than actual would-be employees, especially for the more dangerous of positions. A county council would then allocate serfs to any citizens that earn merits for loyalty and productiveness to help around the home and on the land. It would be a sort of 'Lord-serf' relationship (hence why it is called serfdom), which is the encouraged outlook on the system, rather than a master-slave relationship.

So, with the similarities of our two systems, of which could be modified to allow international trade of serfs, we the Administrative Parliament on representation of the government, Party and people of the Imperium of Daemonika, request observer-ship of the International Association of Slave Exporting Nations. During the course of an observer status, we shall discuss whether full membership and integration into this economic alliance will be beneficial or wanted by our government.
Name- The Ecumene
Head of Government- Consul Sargon Laskarys Panthaera
Homeworld- Drakonis
Demonym- Drakon/Drakonai
Government- Quasi-Democratic Feudal/Federal Aristocracy[/spoiler]

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Topic locked for clean up

Edit: Thread re-opened. OOC thread created here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39976&start=0

Don't spam this one with OOC chatter. Futher Modly type action in the OOC thread.
Last edited by NERVUN on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Yethtu
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:44 pm

To-All Members of the IASEN

From-Stormspire, First Citizen Cana

Fellow Heads of State,

Although we in Yethtu respect the powers inheirent in the governing structure, I must go beyond simply condoning your actions. Any and all sapent creatures are born with specific rights, the greatest of which is that they be treated as greater then an object. Treating them as a non-sapent creature goes everything the Democratic system stands for. Therefore, your ships are now concidered illegal in our and our allies' waters, your aircraft in our airspace, and any and all slavers and slave owners on our soil. Any who violate this will be detained, striped of their valubles, and deported back to your countries. Also note that any "slaves" in said areas are concidered free peoples, and will be granted citizenship and protection upon entrace to such territory. Escapes are not to be stopped, and any attempt to do so will be met with armed protection of our citizens.

Officaly yours,

Office of the First Citizen

"The Government's Job is to Help"
Proud owners of the State of Contonara, colonial posetion.
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.
-If there ever was a God, he gave up a LONG time ago-

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

-Just becuse I find it distasteful, does not mean I can find it illegal-
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Yethtu wrote:To-All Members of the IASEN

From-Stormspire, First Citizen Cana

Fellow Heads of State,

Although we in Yethtu respect the powers inheirent in the governing structure, I must go beyond simply condoning your actions. Any and all sapent creatures are born with specific rights, the greatest of which is that they be treated as greater then an object. Treating them as a non-sapent creature goes everything the Democratic system stands for. Therefore, your ships are now concidered illegal in our and our allies' waters, your aircraft in our airspace, and any and all slavers and slave owners on our soil. Any who violate this will be detained, striped of their valubles, and deported back to your countries. Also note that any "slaves" in said areas are concidered free peoples, and will be granted citizenship and protection upon entrace to such territory. Escapes are not to be stopped, and any attempt to do so will be met with armed protection of our citizens.

Officaly yours,

Office of the First Citizen

"The Government's Job is to Help"

All slave ships have been informed of this and instructed to destroy any Yethu vessel attempting to hail them and execute all slaves when faced with capture.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Des-Bal wrote:All slave ships have been informed of this and instructed to destroy any Yethu vessel attempting to hail them and execute all slaves when faced with capture.

To- Des-Bal Head of State

From- Stormspire, First Citizen Cana

Sir,

Please note that such actions will be looked upon as an act of war by the Yethtu government, as we will not meet you with violence so long as you obey our laws, as is required by international law when in our borders. Peaceful resistance will be respected, but destruction of our vessels WILL not be tolorated.
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Yethtu wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:All slave ships have been informed of this and instructed to destroy any Yethu vessel attempting to hail them and execute all slaves when faced with capture.

Sir,

Please note that such actions will be looked upon as an act of war by the Yethtu government, as we will not meet you with violence so long as you obey our laws, as is required by international law when in our borders. Peaceful resistance will be respected, but destruction of our vessels WILL not be tolorated.

Any attempt to pirate our vessels will be treated as such. We will not compromise.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:15 pm

To- All members of the IASEN

From- the Population of Yethtu

Then stay out out of our space.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Yethtu wrote:To- All members of the IASEN

From- the Population of Yethtu

Then stay out out of our space.

Are you a democracy?

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Yethtu wrote:

Sir,

We are not members of the WA, thus international law barely applies here.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Yes, yes we are. Although I may have to withdraw this statement if the Masculine Leadership Act gets through the councial, I am proud to say that we treat all sapient in a way fitting of their ablity, not any uncontrolable factor. Our people have voted down slavery numoursous times, and as such it is illegal to practive it within our territory. Therefore, you may not carry slave cargo within Yethtu's borders, it is the law.
Last edited by Yethtu on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Yethtu wrote:Yes, yes we are. Although I may have to withdraw this statement if the Masculinity Leadership Act gets through the councial, I am proud to say that we treat all sapient in a way fitting of their ablity, not any uncontrolable factor. Our people have voted down slavery numoursous times, and as such it is illegal to practive it within our territory. Therefore, you may not carry slave cargo within Yethtu's borders, it is the law.

As a democracy isn't it your perogative to serve the peoples will? If that is the case then isn't it hypocritical to deny them a product they want? If there is no market for slaves in your nation there is no need for slave ships to be in your nation if there are slave ships in your nation isn't it your duty to ensure your people benefit from them? A democracy that does not do what the people wish is not a democracy either rescind your policy or rescind the ruse that your perogative is legitimatley the interess of your people.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:34 pm

My point exactly. Don't send your ships into Yethtu's waters, even to reach another's. If you do, you are breaking the law and will be subsequently penelized.

Kelanis
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelanis » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:47 pm

From the Kelanis Ministry of Defense

To: All involved parties

The Federation, while usually tolerant of other nations' ways of life, has elected to take a stance on this issue due to the laughable posturing, saber-rattling, and pathetic attempts to justify their 'right' to slavery being carried out by this 'IASEN' rabble.

Kelanis opposes slavery in all forms. It is a deplorable, illegal practice. The nations of IASEN claim not to be bound by international law- perhaps they would be best off going into their sandboxes and not coming out until they have 'all growed up', as people in a civilized nation might say.

As such, effective immediately the following are in force:

-All IASEN nations not already under sanction by Kelanis (Unilisia, Dez-Bal, and Tezdrian) are now embargoed.
-Kelanis's ports are open for use by warships from nations wishing to conduct hostile actions against slaving ships and/or their defenders.
-Any and all ships flying colors of any IASEN nation in Kelanisian territorial waters, regardless of their intentions or activities, will be boarded by force. Hostile or evasive ships will be sunk, even if they manage to exit said territorial waters prior to boarding or attack.
-Kelanis's submarine fleet is now under RoE which permit the engagement of warships from the IASEN nations on sight if they are engaged in slaving-related operations, even in international waters.

If sufficient international support is assembled, Kelanis will join any such coalition to halt these slaving activities and sunder apart the pitiful nations of IASEN.

That is all.
~The Federation of Kelanis
Hand of The Conglomerate
Founded March 31, 2003
Now get off my lawn.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:59 pm

To- All nations opposed to the IASEN

From- Stormspire, Office of the First Citizen

Fellow Leaders,

In the name of Sapient Equality, the High Advisory Councal has just validated the following "Freind of Freedom" act. In this act we grant all nations opposed to the actions the following rights.

A) To Deploy ships in Yethtu's waters, with support by the Protector Flotela

B) Open Trade with all governement administered producers

C) Repair at any and all Yethtian Shipyards and Airfeilds, if said vessel is in need of it.

D) Exception from the Safe Seas Act of 1882, so long as you are attacking IASEN vessels

E) The abliety to drop of freed men onto our shores, so they may be gain offical citizenship

F) The authority to request aid from the Protector Armed Corpses in the event of direct conflict with the IASEN

G) Yethtu is now concidered a member of any union created in an attempt to disassemble the IASEN

also, IASEN nations...

1) Are concidered potentialy hostile forces

2) May not trade within Yethtu's borders

3) Must release any Yethtian citizen on their soil back to the Protectorate if the citizen wishs it

4) Will have all slaves be concidered free humans by any and all Yethtian forces, regardless of location.

APPROVED BY HIGH ADVISORY CONUNCAL AND FIRST CITIZEN ON SUNDAY, MARCH 7th, 2010

Mongolian Khanate
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mongolian Khanate » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm

By the present form,

The Mongolian Khanate asks to be admitted into the IASEN

Signed,
Baron Nicholas Maximilian Ungern Von Sternberg, Regent of the Khanate
When ever you get balls deep into the study of philosophy, you get really anal about definitions.
Trotskylvania

Grand France
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand France » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:16 pm

IC:

Message from the Republic of Grand France

France will cease or refuse all commercial, social, military and political relations with any nation which joins this...association.

~ President Mireille Lévesque
"The rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or the labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

~ George Orwell

There's a widow in sleepy Chester
Who weeps for her only son;
There's a grave on the Pabeng River,
A grave that the Burmans shun;
And there's Subadar Prag Tewarri
Who tells how the work was done.

~ Excerpt from Rudyard Kipling's poem, The Grave of the Hundred Dead

If life gives you lemons, keep them, because, hey, free lemons.

President of the Republic: Mireille Lévesque

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents