NATION

PASSWORD

The Cooperative Union (CU) OOC (TWI ONLY) CLOSED

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:31 am

Yemaserine wrote:Xinnucia would be interested in joining, gotta make diplomatic strides somehow.

Glad that you are interested! Let's see how others react.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Would I be able to join?

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Sure you may join. just send your representative to the Commission Chamber on the IC thread and sign the treaty. When I return in about two weeks. We should be discussing defense units and possibly space programme, or passports and currencies.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Covonant wrote:Sure you may join. just send your representative to the Commission Chamber on the IC thread and sign the treaty. When I return in about two weeks. We should be discussing defense units and possibly space programme, or passports and currencies.

Thanks, good luck with your finals! (RMB)

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:38 am

Noronica wrote:
Covonant wrote:Sure you may join. just send your representative to the Commission Chamber on the IC thread and sign the treaty. When I return in about two weeks. We should be discussing defense units and possibly space programme, or passports and currencies.

Thanks, good luck with your finals! (RMB)

Thanks Noronica :)

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Can someone update the CU map seeing Callumstan CTEd. That is in make a new one I guess and I will add it to the thread.
Last edited by Covonant on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:02 am

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:14 am

Thanks, looks good :)

And my IC constitution

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:37 am

Heads up I am soon going to enter into a diplomatic conflict with Segentova. Something akin to religious tension, alongside a century of genocide and ethnic cleansing that we want reparations for.
For Peace and Honor.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:44 am

Keomora wrote:Heads up I am soon going to enter into a diplomatic conflict with Segentova. Something akin to religious tension, alongside a century of genocide and ethnic cleansing that we want reparations for.

Ah...finally glad that the Khas-Kirati conquests happened 600 or 700 years ago.

Or else...reparations...

And my IC constitution

United Republican Lands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republican Lands » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:55 pm

So....I am interested in joining the CU.

Grand Huaxia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Huaxia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:06 pm

I'm interested in joining the CU, may I?
HNN (華夏新聞網): Local Arrested for Public Nudity| Warner Island a 'Sanctuary' for crime| Crabs illegal?| Communist Party Gains Seats| Local Weather: Tengdao- Sunny, 49°-Xiangmay-Cloudy, 57°

Member of the Western Isles-Grand Huaxia: No Better Paradise

In order to see full signature, please apply the dark theme

Dragao do Mar
Envoy

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragao do Mar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 pm

I was reading the proposed treaty, and, agreeing with all the articles i hope to enter the CU with the current members approval
Member of The Western Isles | Latin America, Brazil, Ceará

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 pm

I can vouch for Dragao_do_mar. Grand Huxia I need some time and for URL I am extremely suspicious.
For Peace and Honor.

Grand Huaxia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Huaxia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Keomora wrote:I can vouch for Dragao_do_mar. Grand Huxia I need some time and for URL I am extremely suspicious.

I understand
HNN (華夏新聞網): Local Arrested for Public Nudity| Warner Island a 'Sanctuary' for crime| Crabs illegal?| Communist Party Gains Seats| Local Weather: Tengdao- Sunny, 49°-Xiangmay-Cloudy, 57°

Member of the Western Isles-Grand Huaxia: No Better Paradise

In order to see full signature, please apply the dark theme

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Dragao_do_mar gets a yes from me. I'm similarly on the fence with Grand Huaxia, but being such a small nation population wise I'm leaning more towards yes there. I share the skepticism on the URL but I'm open to the ideas of an open debate on it, to see if they'd be a compatible fit.

United Republican Lands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Republican Lands » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:22 pm

What are your concerns?

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Care to explain your diplomatic rift with Ostehaar?!. Otherwise yr government choice is a pro, and in the case of national sovereignty internal affairs are yr perogrative, but the cause of that rift was somewhat troubling. My nation offers its citizens universal healthcare, and by extension that applies to CU members as well. However I would be very troubled if our doctors were suspect in helping yr citizens defy yr national laws. There are many things our nations share in principle, like the seperation of powers and inalienable rights.

United Republican Lands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Republican Lands » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Travencia wrote:Care to explain your diplomatic rift with Ostehaar?!. Otherwise yr government choice is a pro, and in the case of national sovereignty internal affairs are yr perogrative, but the cause of that rift was somewhat troubling. My nation offers its citizens universal healthcare, and by extension that applies to CU members as well. However I would be very troubled if our doctors were suspect in helping yr citizens defy yr national laws. There are many things our nations share in principle, like the seperation of powers and inalienable rights.

The rift started when his nation openly stated in a news paper that anyone in my nation wanting a banned procedure could go to his and get it. After that, my nation ceased diplomatic and trade contact with his nation. My nation also banned travel between his nation and mine.

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:00 pm

I can see how that can be irritating, especially in such public fashion. My nation has some national security concerns that the rift could spread, which would be problematic to my nuclear industry and the agreements in place with the nation of Ostehaar. I have concerns that the CU as a whole could be effected by that issue. I believe I'm not the only CU member state that has such agreements in place, I think Athara Magarat does to. I'm going to wait and see how they weight in on the issue.

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:16 pm

My other concern would be what would happen if your citizens came to my country for that banned procedure, while I can assure you we won't be as provocative as Ostehaar and blatantly advertise it (medical advertising is banned in my nation for example), my doctors are in no position to ask which country a person is from prior to receiving medical care. I would be willing to discuss possible solutions that would protect both of our national interests and avoid any possible hard feelings

United Republican Lands
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Republican Lands » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Travencia wrote:I can see how that can be irritating, especially in such public fashion. My nation has some national security concerns that the rift could spread, which would be problematic to my nuclear industry and the agreements in place with the nation of Ostehaar. I have concerns that the CU as a whole could be effected by that issue. I believe I'm not the only CU member state that has such agreements in place, I think Athara Magarat does to. I'm going to wait and see how they weight in on the issue.

The URL has uranium mining and enrichment capabilities, so the nuclear industry could be switched to come from my nation. Most of his services can be replaced with services from my nation.
Travencia wrote:My other concern would be what would happen if your citizens came to my country for that banned procedure, while I can assure you we won't be as provocative as Ostehaar and blatantly advertise it (medical advertising is banned in my nation for example), my doctors are in no position to ask which country a person is from prior to receiving medical care. I would be willing to discuss possible solutions that would protect both of our national interests and avoid any possible hard feelings

Well, as long as you do not advertise for my citizens to break the law and do it, then my nation would not care. Of course those found out to have gone to your nation to do so would still be able to be charged of a crime, but those occurring in your nation would otherwise no be affected.

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:42 pm

United Republican Lands wrote:
Travencia wrote:Care to explain your diplomatic rift with Ostehaar?!. Otherwise yr government choice is a pro, and in the case of national sovereignty internal affairs are yr perogrative, but the cause of that rift was somewhat troubling. My nation offers its citizens universal healthcare, and by extension that applies to CU members as well. However I would be very troubled if our doctors were suspect in helping yr citizens defy yr national laws. There are many things our nations share in principle, like the seperation of powers and inalienable rights.

The rift started when his nation openly stated in a news paper that anyone in my nation wanting a banned procedure could go to his and get it. After that, my nation ceased diplomatic and trade contact with his nation. My nation also banned travel between his nation and mine.

Would that be a conflict if your citizens travel to another CU member state to have that banned procedure done (say Covonant or Ipland) where the procedure is legal. I mean if they are CU citizens they are required to receive the same treatment as the national citizens. It would be a case where people from Germany going to France for a procedure that is not offered in Germany but in our case banned in your country. I think it would be discriminatory to offer other CU member citizens the same treatment but bar URL citizens because of the policy of the country. I think the best way this could be rectified is knowing that we are sovereign state and the CU has no place to tell a sovereign state what to do so long as it does not go against our treaty is fine. The CU does not mandate that there be travel for medical purposes but there is no ruling against it as well. So in our scenario a procedure is banned in URL but offered elsewhere your government have no control over your citizens doing it in another member state that allows it as you have no jurisdiction in that sovereign state and the CU can't legislate against it as its an internal matter, also you won't be able to bar travel as that would be going against the treaty. I hope this is clear I feel its all over the place.

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:46 pm

United Republican Lands wrote:
Travencia wrote:I can see how that can be irritating, especially in such public fashion. My nation has some national security concerns that the rift could spread, which would be problematic to my nuclear industry and the agreements in place with the nation of Ostehaar. I have concerns that the CU as a whole could be effected by that issue. I believe I'm not the only CU member state that has such agreements in place, I think Athara Magarat does to. I'm going to wait and see how they weight in on the issue.

The URL has uranium mining and enrichment capabilities, so the nuclear industry could be switched to come from my nation. Most of his services can be replaced with services from my nation.
Travencia wrote:My other concern would be what would happen if your citizens came to my country for that banned procedure, while I can assure you we won't be as provocative as Ostehaar and blatantly advertise it (medical advertising is banned in my nation for example), my doctors are in no position to ask which country a person is from prior to receiving medical care. I would be willing to discuss possible solutions that would protect both of our national interests and avoid any possible hard feelings

Well, as long as you do not advertise for my citizens to break the law and do it, then my nation would not care. Of course those found out to have gone to your nation to do so would still be able to be charged of a crime, but those occurring in your nation would otherwise no be affected.

You can't charge them for a crime if it happened in another state, that would be going against the freedom of receiving service in any member state:

ARTICLE 17
As long as restrictions on freedom to provide services have not been abolished, each
Member State shall apply such restrictions without distinction on grounds of nationality
or residence to all persons providing services.

Putting your case in a contradiction but its sticky because its an internal matter.

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm

I propose any such criminal matters be tried in the CU court with a jury of members not from either of our nations. An agreement on the matter would greatly sway my vote to yes. It would symbolically show our commitment to the union community at large.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents