NATION

PASSWORD

1870-1920 Era War: Lockin' up (Continue to New Thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asgeirria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Asgeirria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:01 pm

The Manticoran Empire wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:
What? I'm not talking about gun size, I'm talking about the size, shape, and mass of the projectile.
For example, for the same size and weight of a 40cm round, you could fire a 15cm much farther anr faster. I suppose the same could be said for weight of gun/housing needed for a single 400mm gun. For example, a 15cm would produce far less recoil. And need a much smaller bore, enabling (assuming the same ship) the gun to be much longer and therefore more accurate. No, smaller calibre's are not inherently more accurate, but their characteristics allow them to be when taken advantage of. Make sense?

Okay the first part I understand. I am not saying my whole military consists of special forces. I'm just saying that compared to yours (because of training, culture, and rules in the RP) they are of better quality. The caveat in the rule is that your forces are a certain quality based on how many you START with, not how you develop them. That's why I only developed as many as I did, because the extra training to make them of the quality that I had before takes a long time.

To the second part of this, I don't understand. Please explain further?

Which is impossible. A 40 centimeter round is 25 centimeters wider than a 15 centimeter round. Which proves what I've been saying this whole time: YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND BALLISTICS OR FIREARMS!

What is impossible? Are you trolling right now? How does 40-15=25 prove I don't understand ballistics?
Choice, LGBT, Legal regulated recreational drugs, Monarchy, Imperialism, sociocentric government, secularism, religious freedom, equal rights

Oligarchy, democracy, theocracy, chemical/biological/nuclear warfare, cruelty, crime, communism, capitalism, white guilt, SJWism

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Asgeirria wrote:
The Traansval wrote:

I'm sorry, but Asgeirria, Eaka did make preperations. He planned to invade Gilda, but he had troops on the border.

Also, even if he didnt, you expect a Nation to just have their armies not on their borders or in Defensive Positions?

I'm sorry, but it is absolutely ridiculous to say "Godmodding" when a nation attempts to defend itself

I must have missed the IC post about the buildup on the border of Glida, and that's on me. If you could Link it or quote it, it would help me adjust to what's actually going on.

However, typically armies were not stationed on borders, since that would be interpreted as aggressive by their neighbors. Even an invasion doesn't like up on the border; typically there will be pools at various jump-off points. While there might be outposts on or near the borders, even a very large fortress would only house 2 or 3 thousand troops, not a whole army. It would be uneconomical to constantly have your army lined up on the border.

And in the south, on the non-Glida border, what of that then? I gave him plenty of opportunities to react. I didn't have to move around my troops 3 or 4 timed lining up the punch, but I did so it wouldn't come to this. I even explicitly said I was going to invade him ICly and OOCly, and nothing. And it's not like he hasn't been around. He's had time to post in the OOC, open diplomatic channels, make military statistics and whatnot, and I'm just expected to deal with magically appearing coastal guns, teleporting armies, and other such BS? What's my motivation to put effort into my RP when this is what I get for my efforts to involve him and give him a fair chance to defend himself? Am I wasting my time posting? I don't think I am asking for a lot.

Asgeirria, what your talking about here is Annexing a player. This would put him out of the RP.

Like you just said, you gave multiple warnings of Invasion, this would give the Eakaians reason to put up defenses.

Like you said, he probably wouldnt have his Armies on the border, but at Defensive Positions in his country from which they moved out to stop the invaders.

Remember that 1 IRL Day = 2-3 Months. That this into account and in the time it took him to reply 1 month or less had passed in game.

9 Armys
19 Corps
38 Divisions
114 Regiments

Those are his Armies, which he posted in the Military Stats Thread.

You dont keep 9 Entire Armies away from Defensive Positions when a neighbor threatens war...

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Asgeirria wrote:
The Manticoran Empire wrote:Which is impossible. A 40 centimeter round is 25 centimeters wider than a 15 centimeter round. Which proves what I've been saying this whole time: YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND BALLISTICS OR FIREARMS!

What is impossible? Are you trolling right now? How does 40-15=25 prove I don't understand ballistics?

Looks guys...

The Bullet itself, as in the metal bit that actually leaves the damn gun out the barrel, can be affected by weight/size/shape

But, a Flatnose bullet is going to go farther than a Aerodynamic Pointed Nose Bullet if the Flatnose has twice as much Powder Propelling it.

The range and accuracy of your Gun is measured by the amount of Propellant inside it, with factors such as Aerodynamics of the Bullet factoring in aswell.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Holy shit, all this talk of Bullets made me realize a HUGE mistake i made

For weeks now iv'e been saying that my Rifles use "7.62 Mauser"

7.62 Mauser, is a Pistol Cartridge. I meant 7.92 Mauser (Designated 8mm Mauser by SAAMI)

So, sorry everyone who read that and thought that my Rifles used a Pistol Ammunition.

Asgeirria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asgeirria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:39 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:
I must have missed the IC post about the buildup on the border of Glida, and that's on me. If you could Link it or quote it, it would help me adjust to what's actually going on.

However, typically armies were not stationed on borders, since that would be interpreted as aggressive by their neighbors. Even an invasion doesn't like up on the border; typically there will be pools at various jump-off points. While there might be outposts on or near the borders, even a very large fortress would only house 2 or 3 thousand troops, not a whole army. It would be uneconomical to constantly have your army lined up on the border.

And in the south, on the non-Glida border, what of that then? I gave him plenty of opportunities to react. I didn't have to move around my troops 3 or 4 timed lining up the punch, but I did so it wouldn't come to this. I even explicitly said I was going to invade him ICly and OOCly, and nothing. And it's not like he hasn't been around. He's had time to post in the OOC, open diplomatic channels, make military statistics and whatnot, and I'm just expected to deal with magically appearing coastal guns, teleporting armies, and other such BS? What's my motivation to put effort into my RP when this is what I get for my efforts to involve him and give him a fair chance to defend himself? Am I wasting my time posting? I don't think I am asking for a lot.

Asgeirria, what your talking about here is Annexing a player. This would put him out of the RP.

Like you just said, you gave multiple warnings of Invasion, this would give the Eakaians reason to put up defenses.

Like you said, he probably wouldnt have his Armies on the border, but at Defensive Positions in his country from which they moved out to stop the invaders.

Remember that 1 IRL Day = 2-3 Months. That this into account and in the time it took him to reply 1 month or less had passed in game.

9 Armys
19 Corps
38 Divisions
114 Regiments

You dont keep 9 Entire Armies away from Defensive Positions when a neighbor threatens war...

You're right, no competent commander wouldn't react to a military buildup on their borders... Except He didn't. He didn't do sh*t. IN fact, I searched for the keyword "Glida", and only my posts came up, so he's not built up anything on that border either.
The thing is, regardless of when he responds, I will take it as an immediate response, not in a month, because I know people have responsibilities and sometimes can't respond for a few hours or even a day.
But the thing is, this buildup has been going on for days, going on a week. If he can't be bothered to respond to it, then he should accept that he didn't prepare for it. The same way I can't launch a full assault on anyone anywhere in the world with impunity, no preparation, no troop movement. Is that what this RP is going to be? Because I don't want to waste my time and effort on this if nothing I do makes a difference anyways.

The Traansval wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:

Looks guys...

The Bullet itself, as in the metal bit that actually leaves the damn gun out the barrel, can be affected by weight/size/shape

But, a Flatnose bullet is going to go farther than a Aerodynamic Pointed Nose Bullet if the Flatnose has twice as much Powder Propelling it.

The range and accuracy of your Gun is measured by the amount of Propellant inside it, with factors such as Aerodynamics of the Bullet factoring in aswell.

Semi-correct. A flatnose bullet has a lot more wind resistance (drag) which makes it slow down much more rapidly and more likely to tumble (reducing accuracy).
The accuracy has more to do with gun length, recoil, and aerodynamics.

A 400mm shell has more propellant than a 150mm, but also a heavier projectile and more recoil, thus reducing velocity and accuracy. It's not a cut-and-dry bigger=fast/accurate/range. It's a combination of gun length, quality, propellant, and projectile mass, shape, weight.
Choice, LGBT, Legal regulated recreational drugs, Monarchy, Imperialism, sociocentric government, secularism, religious freedom, equal rights

Oligarchy, democracy, theocracy, chemical/biological/nuclear warfare, cruelty, crime, communism, capitalism, white guilt, SJWism

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Asgeirria wrote:
The Traansval wrote:

9 Armys
19 Corps
38 Divisions
114 Regiments

You're right, no competent commander wouldn't react to a military buildup on their borders... Except He didn't. He didn't do sh*t. IN fact, I searched for the keyword "Glida", and only my posts came up, so he's not built up anything on that border either.
The thing is, regardless of when he responds, I will take it as an immediate response, not in a month, because I know people have responsibilities and sometimes can't respond for a few hours or even a day.
But the thing is, this buildup has been going on for days, going on a week. If he can't be bothered to respond to it, then he should accept that he didn't prepare for it. The same way I can't launch a full assault on anyone anywhere in the world with impunity, no preparation, no troop movement. Is that what this RP is going to be? Because I don't want to waste my time and effort on this if nothing I do makes a difference anyways.

The Traansval wrote:
Looks guys...

Semi-correct. A flatnose bullet has a lot more wind resistance (drag) which makes it slow down much more rapidly and more likely to tumble (reducing accuracy).

A 400mm shell has more propellant than a 150mm, but also a heavier projectile and more recoil, thus reducing velocity and accuracy. It's not a cut-and-dry bigger=fast/accurate/range. It's a combination of gun length, quality, propellant, and projectile mass, shape, weight.

Ok, i see your point

But, you must allow him to be able to set up a Defensive Line. Lets say that your Attack took the Southern Half of Austrivania, and that they were stopped by a hastily assembled Defensive Line by The Eakaian Army

As to respond to the thing about Ammo, i know fucking nothing about Ammunition beside the very basics. I suggest that you just use the Speed/Range of your ammo based on its real life equivalent.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:01 pm

lets try to calm down
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Asgeirria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asgeirria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:01 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:

Ok, i see your point

But, you must allow him to be able to set up a Defensive Line. Lets say that your Attack took the Southern Half of Austrivania, and that they were stopped by a hastily assembled Defensive Line by The Eakaian Army

As to respond to the thing about Ammo, i know fucking nothing about Ammunition beside the very basics. I suggest that you just use the Speed/Range of your ammo based on its real life equivalent.

My main issue isn't how much land I take, but the organization of his forces. Forming up 9 armies would take quite a bit of logistics. The idea of attack fast is to keep at least 8-15%of his army retreating at once, minimizing his ability to deploy effectively against one area. It would take weeks to organize 9 armies for a counterattack, or even to form a coherent defensive line, unless they're all in one place at the same time. Either way, the idea is to push him hard so he doesn't have time to fully set up or organize. That's my strategy.

And what of the "hidden coastal guns" appearing and blasting my fleets that I sent? I can understand his fleet being deployed against them after/during the attack, sure, but these things take time and I've been winding up for the punch for a while. The attack would be sudden and unexpected, and he hasn't built coastal fortifications like I'm doing right now ICly. I could see maybe a patrol of ships being at the right place in the right time, but his whole fleet? Sailing takes time, and they would have to receive a warning to get there too, which means the ships would already be near the shore by the time someone on land spotted them (with a spyglass or something). I'm not trying to be OP, I'm just trying to be realistic.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Asgeirria wrote:
The Traansval wrote:
Ok, i see your point

My main issue isn't how much land I take, but the organization of his forces. Forming up 9 armies would take quite a bit of logistics. The idea of attack fast is to keep at least 8-15%of his army retreating at once, minimizing his ability to deploy effectively against one area. It would take weeks to organize 9 armies for a counterattack, or even to form a coherent defensive line, unless they're all in one place at the same time. Either way, the idea is to push him hard so he doesn't have time to fully set up or organize. That's my strategy.

And what of the "hidden coastal guns" appearing and blasting my fleets that I sent? I can understand his fleet being deployed against them after/during the attack, sure, but these things take time and I've been winding up for the punch for a while. The attack would be sudden and unexpected, and he hasn't built coastal fortifications like I'm doing right now ICly. I could see maybe a patrol of ships being at the right place in the right time, but his whole fleet? Sailing takes time, and they would have to receive a warning to get there too, which means the ships would already be near the shore by the time someone on land spotted them (with a spyglass or something). I'm not trying to be OP, I'm just trying to be realistic.

While i understand this, you have to give him a chance to defend himself somewhat

Also, he is a pretty small nation with no real major Trading that would require Trade Protection, where the fuck is he going to put his Navy than on his Coast line...
Last edited by The Traansval on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asgeirria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asgeirria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:21 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:

While i understand this, you have to give him a chance to defend himself somewhat

Also, he is a pretty small nation with no real major Trading that would require Trade Protection, where the fuck is he going to put his Navy than on his Coast line...

I did up this uber crappy map of basically what I've done, not accurate to exact routes/placements but it kind of has the general outline.

I have attack him from two sides, by sea and by land. His forces would be split to defend, and very far away from eachother so long time for reinforcements.

As to coastal defense, 60 ships across like, ~300 miles of coastline is 1 ship every 5 miles. Easily pick them off 1 at a time. Ships don't do that, they travel in groups, If not a whole fleet, than patrols of 3-8 ships. Make sense? Again, I have no problem losing if he outmaneuvers me or something, even up to losing all of my land if he really beats the crap out of me. But in this case, he is at a disadvantage because he was unprepared. Am I being unfair in this?

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Asgeirria wrote:
The Traansval wrote:

I did up this uber crappy map of basically what I've done, not accurate to exact routes/placements but it kind of has the general outline.

I have attack him from two sides, by sea and by land. His forces would be split to defend, and very far away from eachother so long time for reinforcements.

As to coastal defense, 60 ships across like, ~300 miles of coastline is 1 ship every 5 miles. Easily pick them off 1 at a time. Ships don't do that, they travel in groups, If not a whole fleet, than patrols of 3-8 ships. Make sense? Again, I have no problem losing if he outmaneuvers me or something, even up to losing all of my land if he really beats the crap out of me. But in this case, he is at a disadvantage because he was unprepared. Am I being unfair in this?

I would say that Eaka is done for.

I would suggest you fight a Decisive Battle at his Capital, your Troops surrounding the city while his 8 Armies (I would assume its safe to assume that he lost a Army during your push) Attempt to defend their city.

At the end of such a battle, you would have annexed Eaka.

be warned tho, if he wants to continue play he can play as a Nation in Exile, and launch some large Insurgencies against your men.
Last edited by The Traansval on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asgeirria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asgeirria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:30 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:

I would suggest you fight a Decisive Battle at his Capital, your Troops surrounding the city while his 8 Armies (I would assume its safe to assume that he lost a Army during your push) Attempt to defend their city.

be warned tho, if he wants to continue play he can play as a Nation in Exile, and launch some large Insurgencies against your men.

I do want him to be able to at least be able to give engaging my troops in the field with his. I honestly am not trying to wipe him out in one OP fell swoop. He could come back from such a mistake, just like Russia in WWII, if he plays his cards right.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:34 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:

I would open my doors for the government in exile
"I do as I please"

Dictatorship Of South Eaka
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dictatorship Of South Eaka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:03 pm

You say I pulled coastal guns from my arse, any reasoanble coastal nation will have coastal guns. My 9 armies were pre built and positioned at various servicable points around the nation. And word of your attack would have prompted them to move in the general area in which your forces are. So as of now I do not see how I am godmodding, sure I made no IC post about troop movements but my armies were in their respective positions before the offer of annexation was sent.
Last edited by Dictatorship Of South Eaka on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member Of Task Force Atlas

Owner of a 2008 F350 XL

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:12 pm

So,has the offensive started yet?
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Asgeirria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asgeirria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:31 pm

Dictatorship Of South Eaka wrote:You say I pulled coastal guns from my arse, any reasoanble coastal nation will have coastal guns. My 9 armies were pre built and positioned at various servicable points around the nation. And word of your attack would have prompted them to move in the general area in which your forces are. So as of now I do not see how I am godmodding, sure I made no IC post about troop movements but my armies were in their respective positions before the offer of annexation was sent.

Correct, any reasonable coastal nation would would have them. Except you didn''t. So, that's on you. You didn't build them, (like I am right now), and therefore you don't have them. How is this hard? How would you feel if I just pulled a fleet of 200 ships out of my bunghole "because any reasonable coastal nation would have them"? Hm? Or if I just added 6 armies to my force "because any reasonable attacking nation would have them".

Just because you SHOULD have something doesn't mean you do. Preparation is up to you, and I gave you plenty of time to do so, and you didn't take those opportunities, so you have to face the consequences of being lazy/shortsighted.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:So,has the offensive started yet?

almost, i think
"I do as I please"

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:37 pm

The Republic of Rannoria is dead...

Only the Communists, The Fascists, and the Monarchists are left there.

I shall start the Battle for Fort Trieze in like 15-20 minutes

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dictatorship Of South Eaka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Asgeirria wrote:
Dictatorship Of South Eaka wrote:You say I pulled coastal guns from my arse, any reasoanble coastal nation will have coastal guns. My 9 armies were pre built and positioned at various servicable points around the nation. And word of your attack would have prompted them to move in the general area in which your forces are. So as of now I do not see how I am godmodding, sure I made no IC post about troop movements but my armies were in their respective positions before the offer of annexation was sent.

Correct, any reasonable coastal nation would would have them. Except you didn''t. So, that's on you. You didn't build them, (like I am right now), and therefore you don't have them. How is this hard? How would you feel if I just pulled a fleet of 200 ships out of my bunghole "because any reasonable coastal nation would have them"? Hm? Or if I just added 6 armies to my force "because any reasonable attacking nation would have them".

Just because you SHOULD have something doesn't mean you do. Preparation is up to you, and I gave you plenty of time to do so, and you didn't take those opportunities, so you have to face the consequences of being lazy/shortsighted.

Your kidding me right? so by your logic if I dont RP building guns my soldiers will have no firearms. I dont see why it is so hard for you to get over the fact that I do have coastal guns, your analagys are off as yes I would surely RP building "6" armies as well as 200 ships. If I have to RP every single little aspect of my nation, then count me out and take my land.

Owner of a 2008 F350 XL

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:38 pm

The Traansval wrote:

Dig deep boiiiii
"I do as I please"

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Dictatorship Of South Eaka wrote:
Asgeirria wrote:

Your kidding me right? so by your logic if I dont RP building guns my soldiers will have no firearms. I dont see why it is so hard for you to get over the fact that I do have coastal guns, your analagys are off as yes I would surely RP building "6" armies as well as 200 ships. If I have to RP every single little aspect of my nation, then count me out and take my land.

Building Coastal Forts and Coastal Gun Emplacements, along with Moving your Troops into Defensive Positions is VERY different than RPing that you've built some rifles....

Small stuff like Production is something that you only have to Rp that start of, but moving your Troops is something that we cannot just "Assume" you must do it yourself

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dictatorship Of South Eaka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:45 pm

The Traansval wrote:

Building Coastal Forts and Coastal Gun Emplacements, along with Moving your Troops into Defensive Positions is VERY different than RPing that you've built some rifles....

Small stuff like Production is something that you only have to Rp that start of, but moving your Troops is something that we cannot just "Assume" you must do it yourself

That is the thing though, I am still new to this RP, all of that production RPing would have come if I wasnt being invaded 3 days after joining.

Owner of a 2008 F350 XL

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:51 pm

The Traansval wrote:

Cool. Im ready to step off whenever we are needed.

Ill also withdraw my First Fleet from Rannoria, (Unless you guys think I should keep it there,) and ove it to assist in the campaign along with the Second Fleet.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:52 pm

The Traansval wrote:

That is the thing though, I am still new to this RP, all of that production RPing would have come if I wasnt being invaded 3 days after joining.

Well, you were a smaller nation on the border of a large nation, so it was going to happen eventually

Mainly, the point here is that you had time to Respond to Asgeirria's Offer/Threat

And by Respond, i mean make a IC post saying "After receiving his Offer, Eaka has mobilized its Armies to their Glida and Southern Borders, they have also built Trenches and Semi-Fortified Positions, along with the unveiling of the New Coastal Guns"

But, you never responded...

Now, you can contact Asgeirria and work out some sort of Deal so that you can stay Independent. He did say here in OOC that he doesnt want to full Annex you,

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:53 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
The Traansval wrote:The Republic of Rannoria is dead...

Cool. Im ready to step off whenever we are needed.

Ill also withdraw my First Fleet from Rannoria, (Unless you guys think I should keep it there,) and ove it to assist in the campaign along with the Second Fleet.

Yeah its better like that, we rather leave Rannoria alone for now
"I do as I please"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents