NATION

PASSWORD

The Eagle has Fallen (PLANING MT CLOSED INVITE ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:03 am

The Unified Isles wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Update...

Since I'm having to rewrite my entire cannon to appease one person on this thread, I'm unable to give an exact time as to when i'll be able to actually post in this thread. It's taking way longer then I imagined.

Don't worry Paddy, I can confirm that there is more than one person that approves of this :3 (Me included)

I think I liked NS better, when smaller nations knew their place, and didn't make such absurd demands from established players.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:10 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
The Unified Isles wrote:
Don't worry Paddy, I can confirm that there is more than one person that approves of this :3 (Me included)

I think I liked NS better, when smaller nations knew their place, and didn't make such absurd demands from established players.

Heh.

I don't want to start an argument here.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:16 am

Ok, I've got to ask, what year is this RP taking place in? I was assuming 2016, but after that last post...
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:19 am

New Roma Republic wrote:Ok, I've got to ask, what year is this RP taking place in?

20XX. It leaves the rp open to interpretation of individual nations in terms of time. But overall, we rp in MT terms as far as military technology is concerned.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:37 am

Asigna wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:Ok, I've got to ask, what year is this RP taking place in?

20XX. It leaves the rp open to interpretation of individual nations in terms of time. But overall, we rp in MT terms as far as military technology is concerned.

In the Empire, the year is 2020, as we see the change from BCE to CE taking place for years before the Gregorian Calendar.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:28 am

Asigna wrote:

Yea I'm one who uses the 20XX method as well. BTW I am posting it's just I'm also trying to get two news reports and working on some NSSport stuff. (Thankfully this isn't fast like Chosan)
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:15 am

Asigna wrote:

OK, that's...new to me. Thank you
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Ditto to the 20XX sentiment.

Official canon is that Calderone was elected 2018; as far as tech goes everything I use is this side of 2020; and most of it pre-2010; and I generally play MT so I usually don't run into railgun CIWS or OP power armor, ect.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:03 pm

20XX?

Huh.

Righto then.

SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Hey Asigna, what exactly are "Underwater Submarine Pens"?

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Hey Asigna, what exactly are "Underwater Submarine Pens"?

You just gave me an excellent idea. I'll outline blueprints for said structures as i did with the Hukbo HQ in my factbook.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Asigna wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Hey Asigna, what exactly are "Underwater Submarine Pens"?

You just gave me an excellent idea. I'll outline blueprints for said structures as i did with the Hukbo HQ in my factbook.

Not sure how I gave you an idea, as it's literally something you have quoted from your own orbat.

Unless of course, you didn't write that orbat and just copy pasted it from somewhere else that someone else wrote and didn't know that it was listed... right? :eyebrow:

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:54 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Asigna wrote:

Not sure how I gave you an idea, as it's literally something you have quoted from your own orbat.

Unless of course, you didn't write that orbat and just copy pasted it from somewhere else that someone else wrote and didn't know that it was listed... right? :eyebrow:

No. I knew about it. I described the underwater submarine pens in my earlier posts last July but it was in words and no matter how i try to elaborate a description, one just can't make a clear picture in my head about what it really looks like or how it works with said words. Which is why i'll do a picture.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Honestly,

The idea of underwater submarine pens seems like tech wank to me. Unless you can draw up something that would be feasible in Modern Technology without using James Bond style stuff.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:04 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Honestly,

The idea of underwater submarine pens seems like tech wank to me. Unless you can draw up something that would be feasible in Modern Technology without using James Bond style stuff.

It's not tech wank and is something that is feasible within the level of early 21st century and even 1980 technology. But of course, drawings will be up.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

The Tarkanese Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tarkanese Federation » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:13 pm

It's possible but very,very expensive, it's easier just to bore a hole in the side of a sheltered sea cliff

Home to 639,400 souls across two far flung territories.
18,825 active military personnel

TTF News: TV3 released on global market, New Haven Friendship Canal is complete, Concerns over military and law enforcement cuts
"Dew: Option B: Resort to Genocide should Option A fail, no exceptions."

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:27 pm

The Tarkanese Federation wrote:

It's possible but very,very expensive, it's easier just to bore a hole in the side of a sheltered sea cliff

That's exactly what was done. :p

Presenting:

Materials used: Concrete, mountain rock for natural defense, carbon steel, electrified faraday structural pseudo chasis

A - Submarine hangars for storage and stasis, accommodates up to 3 subs per vertical lane, 5 lanes in total per sub pen.
B - Elevator mechanism, 1 per each lane.
C - Water line point.

Civilian living standards were not hammered down (but wifi and internet is still accessible, only food prices, electricity and other consumer goods are raised at a considerable rate) for no reason at all. Total war allows the economy to accommodate for demanding projects such as this.
Last edited by Asigna on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

The Tarkanese Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tarkanese Federation » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Asigna wrote:-SNIP-

Hmm might want to get Dew to check that out seeing he has a ship-lift license

Home to 639,400 souls across two far flung territories.
18,825 active military personnel

TTF News: TV3 released on global market, New Haven Friendship Canal is complete, Concerns over military and law enforcement cuts
"Dew: Option B: Resort to Genocide should Option A fail, no exceptions."

Bartilia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bartilia » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Now that my post is accepted. Reply when? :eyebrow:
Pro: Christianity, religion, conservatism, capitalism, pro life, paranormal studies
Anti: Red devils (communism), atheism, cultural marxism, feminazis, SJWism, i-am-from-the-government-and-i-am-here-to-help. degenerate hollywood culture and feminized Asian pop culture

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Bartilia wrote:Now that my post is accepted. Reply when? :eyebrow:

Hold your horses. I'm doing infra drawings for other structures as well.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Dewhurst-Narculis
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dewhurst-Narculis » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Asigna wrote:-SNIP-

It's "possible*" But not entirely practical or cheap.

My ticket enables me to lift up to 1000t which is like a small attack submarine. Now even with the most skilled crew working the lift, blocks and sighting it, it still takes me about 30 minutes to lift something large and get it back in the water. Now I have all the space in the world, I don't have to worry about hitting anything and I can go fast (relatively speaking 4-5kph). Now what you have looks like a gantry ship-lift, those are different, I've only ever operated a 25t one but immediately there's an issue, vibration. Gantry cranes can get up t like 20kph but even at low speeds, the electric motors pulling the gears and drives still produce vibration which is very subtle but still very strong. It's enough on the larger ones that it can cause welds to come apart if people are careless. I'd estimate it'd take 20 mins with a gantry o move them assuming there was a degree of automation but computers can't do it all. So it's possible but

*going to take you ~4-5 hours to deploy all subs
*could result in equipment failures on board not to mention increased strain on the hulls and massively increased wear on Anechoic Tiles
*easily $4 Billion NSD for each facility which is a hell of a cost, 10% of the price for just doing what the soviets did
PT/MT Nation
Death is the only Absolute
The Grand Duchy of Dewhurst-Narculis
|Monarchist Nation| DEFCON [3] [2][1]
Coveton Crisis 1828-Mutual victory
Quendisphere War 2010-Resolved

1st Great Southern War 1898
2nd Great Southern War 1925
3rd Great Southern War 1942-1944
4th Great Southern War 1983
Dewhurst-Narculian- Theaman War 2010
Okhotsk Conflict 2012-2013
2nd Cedorian-Gilnean War-2014 ^All Won

North Vasangal Uprising-2014-(Ongoing)
Dervistonian War-2014-(Ongoing)
One of the the original founders of: SEC, Axis, SACTO and the Great Southern Ocean Region| Nine Years and no Condemnation/Commendation, what is this?

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:

My ticket enables me to lift up to 1000t which is like a small attack submarine. Now even with the most skilled crew working the lift, blocks and sighting it, it still takes me about 30 minutes to lift something large and get it back in the water. Now I have all the space in the world, I don't have to worry about hitting anything and I can go fast (relatively speaking 4-5kph). Now what you have looks like a gantry ship-lift, those are different, I've only ever operated a 25t one but immediately there's an issue, vibration. Gantry cranes can get up t like 20kph but even at low speeds, the electric motors pulling the gears and drives still produce vibration which is very subtle but still very strong. It's enough on the larger ones that it can cause welds to come apart if people are careless. I'd estimate it'd take 20 mins with a gantry o move them assuming there was a degree of automation but computers can't do it all. So it's possible but

*could result in equipment failures on board not to mention increased strain on the hulls and massively increased wear on Anechoic Tiles
*easily $4 Billion NSD for each facility which is a hell of a cost, 10% of the price for just doing what the soviets did

After assessing that the ramp is more compatible with my previous posts than an actual lift, i'll go with the ramp.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Asigna wrote:
Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:

After assessing that the ramp is more compatible with my previous posts than an actual lift, i'll go with the ramp.

And how would this "ramp" look like? And are we sure that it would be feasible, too? Because honestly it just doesn't seem possible and would cost more money than the actual subs that you are wanting to deploy.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Asigna wrote:After assessing that the ramp is more compatible with my previous posts than an actual lift, i'll go with the ramp.

And how would this "ramp" look like? And are we sure that it would be feasible, too? Because honestly it just doesn't seem possible and would cost more money than the actual subs that you are wanting to deploy.

It's many times feasible than the elevator mechanism.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Updated.

Materials used: Regular concrete, composite concrete, mountain rock for natural defense, carbon steel, electrified faraday structural pseudo chasis

A - Duterte line. The secret inter archipelagaic supply lines of the bayan homeland islands. Connects all underground facilities.
B - Submarine hangars for storage and stasis, accommodates up to 3 subs per vertical lane, 5 lanes in total per sub pen. (capacity only, not use)
C - Water line point. Can accommodate a maximum of 40 + stationary submarines. Expected average capacity is 5 submarines freely floating around it.
D - Lift mechanism. Safely "catches" the submarine and lifts it up back in the ramp. A lot of the work done here is manual. It doesn't play much of a role during deployment apart from releasing the submarine.
Last edited by Asigna on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents