NATION

PASSWORD

Bloody Horizons (OOC|Interest)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Bloody Horizons (OOC|Interest)

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Hello NS!

This is my first venture into this kind of game, and am looking to do my first role play!

The concept I am looking at is my nation first being conquered by another, larger more powerful empire/faction/nation, during the mid 1800s to World War One Era. When you stumble upon my nation you find a nation ravaged by war. Warriors wielding odd red-colored blades and fighting in similar styles to samurai, with two main differences. Rather then fighting with a katana or No-Dachi, they wield what looks like a a single-edged Tia-chi blade(Chinese sword)[Going to call them Berachi), in addition to a blade worn at their back, and another below their main blade. The second difference is in beliefs and appearance.

Raltans choose one of animals to be their guide. A Bear,(Strength/Power) a Wolf(Wisdom/Forethought), a Hawk(Speed/Vigilance), and a Leopard(Agility/Ferocity). Raltans appear altogether more barbaric then Samurai; wearing visible plates with their chosen animal's head carved into the right shoulder and clothed in furs. Their helmets are spangenhelms with a samurai's face mask. They are basically a mass up of a Samurai's precision and skill with a Viking's fury and appearance.

What makes Ralta a prime target? It is embroiled so deeply in civil war that one faction or the other would take any bait onto a growth in power. Locked in stalemate all it would take would be one small nudge from the outside world to turn the scales; or it would take one nation with firepower to take for itself.

Ralta is a mountainous, wooded, secluded place, so why would a nation take interest in Ralta? We return to the odd, red-colored blades. Ralta is home to a ore no one has discovered elsewhere;(lazily) called Raltium. Raltium is a metal that naturally has the properties given to steel, and can be refined to make a metal vastly superior to it in the same way one makes iron into steel. It is an easy improvement to your nations equipment, and it is makes Ralta valuable.

This could easily turn into a series of RPs; conquer, control, then rebellion strikes and you lose it, leading to further conflict.

If you are interested, please post here!
My Political Compass

Plays and overly large amount of Total War games, League of Legends, and Mount and Blade Warband.

Negros Island and the Visayan Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Negros Island and the Visayan Region » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:35 am

Pretty interesting. Tagged.
The Federation of Negros Island and the Visayan Region
Technocratic Federation
Avance, Negrosanon!

The Great Engineer of the Most Sovereign Federation: Boris M. Zakhaev
The Vice Engineer of the Most Sovereign Federation: Sophia Poblador

TPC Rebel Crisis=VICTORY

Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!
Proud member of the International Exchange Student Program!

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:39 am

Hm. This seems pretty promising, especially the premise of who the Raltans are. Furthermore, for a new player, you don't have any of the hallmarks of a summer-edition nuke-user.

I'm definitely interested.
Founder of Levilion and Administrator of Aeia

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:31 am

I am still trying to work out the more basic kinks right now with my nation(Mainly around names).

The question becomes this: Do you want Ralta to be a land that borders you(More or less decided the mountain's weren't worth attempting to cross), or an island nation prime for the economic exploitation style of colonization?
My Political Compass

Plays and overly large amount of Total War games, League of Legends, and Mount and Blade Warband.

Kustgebied
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kustgebied » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:52 am

I'm interested in this roleplay.
ripping off vic and siggy by being another tricolour westerner superstate

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:58 am

Ralta wrote:I am still trying to work out the more basic kinks right now with my nation(Mainly around names).

The question becomes this: Do you want Ralta to be a land that borders you(More or less decided the mountain's weren't worth attempting to cross), or an island nation prime for the economic exploitation style of colonization?

It's really a matter of Ralta's culture in comparison to, for example, my own. Tyrnica is a Germanic nation founded in 1266, so it would make absolutely no sense for the inhabitants to have avoided crossing a border for over four hundred years, nor would it be realistic for a culture like your own to exist right alongside mine.

However, if your nation was half a continent away – not an island, but not necessarily bordering other nations, per se, I think it could work. In a situation like that, I'd assume that your nation was essentially a realm bordered by mountains on all but one side – the ocean.

An island could also work, without too many problems. I do prefer the continental option, but as long as it's not the "uncrossed borders," then I'm all good.

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:42 am

Tyrnica wrote:
Ralta wrote:I am still trying to work out the more basic kinks right now with my nation(Mainly around names).

It's really a matter of Ralta's culture in comparison to, for example, my own. Tyrnica is a Germanic nation founded in 1266, so it would make absolutely no sense for the inhabitants to have avoided crossing a border for over four hundred years, nor would it be realistic for a culture like your own to exist right alongside mine.

However, if your nation was half a continent away – not an island, but not necessarily bordering other nations, per se, I think it could work. In a situation like that, I'd assume that your nation was essentially a realm bordered by mountains on all but one side – the ocean.

An island could also work, without too many problems. I do prefer the continental option, but as long as it's not the "uncrossed borders," then I'm all good.

I like the continent idea as well, so a load of mountain passes to reach a valuable metal.

Do we use a real world map for this, because I can't think of a good place, unless we do the Siberian mountains.
My Political Compass

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:17 am

Ralta wrote:
Tyrnica wrote:

I like the continent idea as well, so a load of mountain passes to reach a valuable metal.

Do we use a real world map for this, because I can't think of a good place, unless we do the Siberian mountains.

Ooh, that'd be nice. Rather than a big, forested valley enclosed by mountains, there's a lot of rugged, uncharted terrain interspersed with tranquil lakes and untouched forests . . . I like it.

When I first started out on NS, I used a real-world map, but I find that it limits creativity, and sets arbitrary boundaries for nations and terrain. I now use my own custom map, which allows me to have free reign over what my nation is, geographically as well as ethnically and politically . . . Basically, in every way. It also means I don't have to employ a world map, meaning that if an RP takes place on a landmass that my world map doesn't recognise . . . I don't have one, and therefore can travel to and from said landmass without bending the laws of spacetime.

You can use whatever you choose, but for something as unique as this, I'd advise creating your own map. You can dictate every bit of it, and you won't have to deal with the fact that the only body of water the Siberian mountains border is the largely frozen Arctic Ocean. :p

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:25 am

Tyrnica wrote:
Ralta wrote:I like the continent idea as well, so a load of mountain passes to reach a valuable metal.

Ooh, that'd be nice. Rather than a big, forested valley enclosed by mountains, there's a lot of rugged, uncharted terrain interspersed with tranquil lakes and untouched forests . . . I like it.

When I first started out on NS, I used a real-world map, but I find that it limits creativity, and sets arbitrary boundaries for nations and terrain. I now use my own custom map, which allows me to have free reign over what my nation is, geographically as well as ethnically and politically . . . Basically, in every way. It also means I don't have to employ a world map, meaning that if an RP takes place on a landmass that my world map doesn't recognise . . . I don't have one, and therefore can travel to and from said landmass without bending the laws of spacetime.

You can use whatever you choose, but for something as unique as this, I'd advise creating your own map. You can dictate every bit of it, and you won't have to deal with the fact that the only body of water the Siberian mountains border is the largely frozen Arctic Ocean. :p

Alright! I will begin work on a map in probably about an hour, entranced with Mount and Blade right now :P
My Political Compass

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:28 am

Ralta wrote:
Tyrnica wrote:

Alright! I will begin work on a map in probably about an hour, entranced with Mount and Blade right now :P

Great! I can't blame you for that – I can honestly say that I've fallen helpless to that same trance many times. :D

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:29 am

Basic Map; Nothing named yet, and I need to mark the actually martially useful passes through the mountains.

My Political Compass

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:42 am

If you want to make a map I just take the outlines of random RL nations, resize them and cut them a bit or as some bits.

And you are rather high quality than most brand new players, color me interested
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:57 am

Ralta wrote:Basic Map; Nothing named yet, and I need to mark the actually martially useful passes through the mountains.

(Image)

Looks pretty good. I can see a few ideal locations for the colonies that "European" nations like mine would be interested in establishing. :twisted:

Pillowlandia wrote:If you want to make a map I just take the outlines of random RL nations, resize them and cut them a bit or as some bits.

And you are rather high quality than most brand new players, color me interested

That's definitely a good way to go about it.

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:25 pm

More detailed Map: Image

Will add cities in a bit, not going to be many of them grant you; mostly scattered villages, hamlets, and hunting cabins.
My Political Compass

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 pm

So, more information on the Ralta:

The Ralta have two real classes; Drashi; The Warrior Class(Samurai/Huscarl/Diamyo/Warlord) making up 15% of the population, and the Viette; the commoners; farmers, merchants, and the like. As such most of the armed forces come from the Viette. Viette are seperated into two kinds of forces; Tarchi; your Ashigaru and basic raider equivalents, and the Ceritte; your experienced and talented commoners; these are the veterans. These basically your Men-at-Arms, better then basic militia, but not as good as your knights in shining army; or in this case your Drashi.

The two blades mentioned before: There is one blade that all Raltans carry at their side, a basic single edged dagger, the other is of the animal they choose to follow specific to it, the Panther(Thinner and Longer) and Hawk(Spiked hilt) followers carry a kind of long bladed Dirk, the Wolf followers a dagger that looks similar to a miniature long-sword, and those of the Bear carry more or less Sting from lord of the rings.

The Two Warring Factions

The two factions can be used in really one way. You can persuade one of the factions to fight with you; promising power and riches at the cost of autonomy. This is the only real way to interact with the factions outside simply grinding them to a pulp. There will be warriors who will support you regardless of your decision; people subjugated by one of the two eager to fight against them regardless of the end outcome. If you arrive and just start blasting your way through the Raltans, both factions will unite against you.

The Vilra Clan

Leader Demra(Warlord) Vilra Kesai
-Height: 6'3
-Eye Color: Brown
-Build: Lean, Muscular
-Follows the Panther
-Basic Appearance: Scarred, bald, and powerful. Physically imposing.

Clan Information

Wearing white and blue, they are the altogether more refined faction. Their armies contain mostly Tarchi soldiers, and outnumber their enemies at least 3 to 1. They are highly aristocratic and traditional, unwilling to give anything to their enemies. They remember wrongs for generations, and are lead by veteran tacticians rather then fighters. Their land begin near Talon Hold, and are secured by the blood of the Viette.

-will have other faction up tomorrow-
My Political Compass

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:36 am

So, if I understand the Ralta correctly, they are . . .

• Less primitive than Australian Aboriginals and Maōri.
• Respectful of animals in a similar way to Native Americans and Maōri.
• More primitive than Japanese cultures of the same era.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If there are two warring factions, and one of them follows the Panther, that means that two animals, depending on which animal the opposing clan follows, will be without a clan. Is this intentional, or are there smaller clans that have perhaps pledged their allegiance to the larger ones?

Furthermore, you can see that my flag portrays a wolf. Would this invoke feelings of "these people must be wise," among the Ralta, or would they assume that the foreigners know nothing and it is merely a coincidence? :D
Last edited by Tyrnica on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:15 am

Tyrnica wrote:So, if I understand the Ralta correctly, they are . . .

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If there are two warring factions, and one of them follows the Panther, that means that two animals, depending on which animal the opposing clan follows, will be without a clan. Is this intentional, or are there smaller clans that have perhaps pledged their allegiance to the larger ones?

Furthermore, you can see that my flag portrays a wolf. Would this invoke feelings of "these people must be wise," among the Ralta, or would they assume that the foreigners know nothing and it is merely a coincidence? :D

The leader follows the Panther; anyone within the Clan follow what they see as their calling. There would probably be a sense of foreboding for people who do not follow the wolf when they see your flag flying in the wind. It is fair to assume that Clans have more or less made vassal clans and subjugated others.

Your points are very much correct.
My Political Compass

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:26 am

Ralta wrote:
Tyrnica wrote:So, if I understand the Ralta correctly, they are . . .

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The leader follows the Panther; anyone within the Clan follow what they see as their calling. There would probably be a sense of foreboding for people who do not follow the wolf when they see your flag flying in the wind. It is fair to assume that Clans have more or less made vassal clans and subjugated others.

Oh, of course. I was reading the lower half of the leader's profile as if it were a clan-wide thing. :roll:

In your mind, will the "advanced societies" be trying to come through the mountains, or will they be able to sail around and, eventually, land on suitable settlement ground, only to discover later that people actually live in the area?

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:33 am

Tyrnica wrote:
Ralta wrote:

Oh, of course. I was reading the lower half of the leader's profile as if it were a clan-wide thing. :roll:

In your mind, will the "advanced societies" be trying to come through the mountains, or will they be able to sail around and, eventually, land on suitable settlement ground, only to discover later that people actually live in the area?

Hmmmmm....It could go either way honestly, I think I would leave that up to you and the others.
My Political Compass

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:00 pm

What Era do you want to do?

The Other Faction;

The Darholm-Kaldron Federation

Leaders:

Drashi Eshen(Warrior Priest) Tyolf Kaldron

-Height: 6'0"
-Eye Color: Blue
-Build: Broad, Muscular
-Follows the Bear
-Basic Appearance: Short light brown hair, wears armor to show he only has scars on his front, he is imposing but his age shows.

Oracle Zoe 'Red Lady' Darholm

-Height: 5'7
-Eye Color: Green
-Build: Lean
-Follows no animal, but is the Oracle(highest rank) of most common Viette Religion; Zalka(Ancestor worship and worship of the Goddess Kythania)
-Basic Appearance: Long red hair with extremely pale, almost vampiric , skin. She is average height for Raltan Women, and unscarred. See at the epitome of Raltan beauty.

Clan Information

A unity formed thirty years before by the Orcale's mother and Tyolf, they began seizing territory quickly; legions of Ceritte backed by Drashi of mostly the Bear they overwhelmed both the Vilra and other Clans to the west. The Federation is almost always outnumbered, but never outmatched. They are known for their bravery and ferocity and recently threatened to break the stalemate, and have begun the siege of Crissen, only being held off and barely by a Pyrrhic victory for the Vilra. The Federation are two things; prepared to make war against any who would oppose them, and prepared to see change.

The Federation has one major advantage over the Vilra in possible relations with foreigners. Zoe is unmarried, and prepared to do so. The Federation is more accepting then the Vilra in all quarters, and wives and sisters fight alongside husbands and brothers. The Federation is seen as barbaric for it in addition to the fact that their champions wear masks of bone, and the fact that the aristocracy does no exist. You are in your position based on merit, not status.

Clarifications: Drashi are mostly the ones who worship animals due to their worship of battle.
Last edited by Ralta (Ancient) on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:46 pm

Banner of the Federation:

Vilra Banner:

My Political Compass

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:41 am

I think the 18th or 19th century would be a good time. As per my own nation's history, however, I request that it doesn't take place in 1783, 1821 or 1852. Those are the times in which my nation would not care at all about colonialism and warring tribes on the other side of the world. ;)

Vulkata II
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:44 am

TG
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future. -Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live. -General MacArthur
The player is currently:Clear|Busy
Great Tawil wrote:The thing is I hate fighting. I just wanna draw flags and make friends

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Ralta (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralta (Ancient) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 am

Tyrnica wrote:I think the 18th or 19th century would be a good time. As per my own nation's history, however, I request that it doesn't take place in 1783, 1821 or 1852. Those are the times in which my nation would not care at all about colonialism and warring tribes on the other side of the world. ;)

1730 work for you as the start date?
My Political Compass

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:18 am

Ralta wrote:
Tyrnica wrote:I think the 18th or 19th century would be a good time. As per my own nation's history, however, I request that it doesn't take place in 1783, 1821 or 1852. Those are the times in which my nation would not care at all about colonialism and warring tribes on the other side of the world. ;)

1730 work for you as the start date?

No, unfortunately. I checked the list of all the Tyrnican rulers I've got, and that one falls right under the rule of the worst emperor in Tyrnican history. :lol:

Anywhere from 1700 through to 1762 is out, as are the mid 1780s. My preference would be the 1820s, 30s and 40s, but the 1770s could work, too.
Last edited by Tyrnica on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents