NATION

PASSWORD

The Hammerfall Games, Summer 2152 [OOC|Attn LoM]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Maljaratas wrote:
Blakullar wrote:What about a woman whose forearm has been replaced with a mechatronic crocodile jaw that can bite a fully-armoured Frenkish Vanguard in two in one go?

I'm suspecting the match will need tiers in regards to the natural abilities of the combatants...

That will only get confusing. In fact, the whole idea of an unarmed category seems like one of those ideas that's great on paper but can't be put into practice without huge difficulties. Let's keep the armed melee as the only melee category for the time being.
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

The Nexus of Man
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nexus of Man » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Blakullar wrote:
The Nexus of Man wrote:can i get some help on this pls

Yes, it's between characters, but one of the categories I proposed has squads. I gather you're thinking of roping in the Hakenkreuz Fourteen.

maybe

I'll need to flesh them out to at least their general appearances and functions first, though.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:39 pm

The Nexus of Man wrote:
Blakullar wrote:

Yes, it's between characters, but one of the categories I proposed has squads. I gather you're thinking of roping in the Hakenkreuz Fourteen.

maybe

I'll need to flesh them out to at least their general appearances and functions first, though.

Goddammit. I MAY have to toss in the Final Thirteen if I'm to stand a chance in the category. Including Trotskaya.

Actually, now that I think of it, that sounds like a great opportunity to formally introduce them all and get their characters sorted out.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

The Nexus of Man
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nexus of Man » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Blakullar wrote:
The Nexus of Man wrote:
maybe

Goddammit. I MAY have to toss in the Final Thirteen if I'm to stand a chance in the category. Including Trotskaya.

Actually, now that I think of it, that sounds like a great opportunity to formally introduce them all and get their characters sorted out.

dis gon be gud

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Maljaratas wrote:
The Great Devourer of All wrote:
I'd have to be excluded from such a match, because superhumans with healing factors a la wolverine and various alien creatures (tentacled or otherwise) would have an obvious advantage over most others.

I might need to borrow some of the entities fro your factbboks for the deus ex machina... Nidhogg coming to mind :p

Unless the nation you plan to enter as is some kind of alliance against Asgard or whatever, that won't be possible. If you choose to do something like that, then please use your own version of Nidhogg instead of the version I created. Plus, I doubt the ex machina match would permit eldritch horrors of that caliber.

And yes, I know you were kidding.
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:43 pm

The Nexus of Man wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Goddammit. I MAY have to toss in the Final Thirteen if I'm to stand a chance in the category. Including Trotskaya.

dis gon be gud

Indeed. Russian Female Darth Vader versus Nazi Boba Fett and their respective bands of merry men/women.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Unless you want to, Blak, I'll make the IC thread when people start submitting apps.

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:50 pm

The Great Devourer of All wrote:Unless you want to, Blak, I'll make the IC thread when people start submitting apps.

You can do the honours, if you wish. I'll set to work with the categories and roster...

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:44 am

Some questions here:

1) The Razor's Edge is low PMT or high PMT, right? What's the limit to technology? I ask because Marie probably won't be coming back this time. Instead, I plan to bring in Subject 03 (or whatever I codenamed her), who can... uh, well... reverse time travel. This might be a bit OP, especially because Project Determination was specifically designed to create an invincible warrior. She can still he defeated, it's just incredibly difficult.

Also, don't worry, I already figured out how to RP that: all the time travel would occur during my posts, anything in the opponent's post would be assumed to have simply happened without being retconned every time I post.

2) Can I enter more than one nation? I want Stronger Monsters in the Deus Ex category.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:29 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:Some questions here:

1) The Razor's Edge is low PMT or high PMT, right? What's the limit to technology? I ask because Marie probably won't be coming back this time. Instead, I plan to bring in Subject 03 (or whatever I codenamed her), who can... uh, well... reverse time travel. This might be a bit OP, especially because Project Determination was specifically designed to create an invincible warrior. She can still he defeated, it's just incredibly difficult.

Also, don't worry, I already figured out how to RP that: all the time travel would occur during my posts, anything in the opponent's post would be assumed to have simply happened without being retconned every time I post.

2) Can I enter more than one nation? I want Stronger Monsters in the Deus Ex category.

1. Without some clarification on the extent of her time travel capabilities, I'm going to say no to your time travel character. Literally being able to reverse every move made by the opponent via time travel is insanely OP even by Deus Ex Machina standards, let alone Razor's Edge.
2. Yes, you may enter characters from more than one nation, but not for the same category.

Speaking of entering characters, I think I ought to get my first entry started for the Razor's Edge...

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 am

Blakullar wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:Some questions here:

1. Without some clarification on the extent of her time travel capabilities, I'm going to say no to your time travel character. Literally being able to reverse every move made by the opponent via time travel is insanely OP even by Deus Ex Machina standards, let alone Razor's Edge.

Project Determination sends a person's memory back into a last version of themself, allowing soldiers to learn from their mistakes before they even make them.

The only problem is that an opponent can stop the memory from being sent, and you can only send back the data to a time when you weren't being sent data previously. And of, course, not to a time before Project Determination started. And then there are no-exit scenarios.

All in all, it works like Trotskaya's attack predictor and Marie's trajectory calculator, but better because it actually gives a glimpse of the actual attack beforehand,
and worse because the attack actually needs to be witnessed to be avoided (any attack that disrupts the connection to the Project Determination machine cannot, obviously, be seen ahead of time).
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:36 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Blakullar wrote:1. Without some clarification on the extent of her time travel capabilities, I'm going to say no to your time travel character. Literally being able to reverse every move made by the opponent via time travel is insanely OP even by Deus Ex Machina standards, let alone Razor's Edge.

Project Determination sends a person's memory back into a last version of themself, allowing soldiers to learn from their mistakes before they even make them.

The only problem is that an opponent can stop the memory from being sent, and you can only send back the data to a time when you weren't being sent data previously. And of, course, not to a time before Project Determination started. And then there are no-exit scenarios.

All in all, it works like Trotskaya's attack predictor and Marie's trajectory calculator, but better because it actually gives a glimpse of the actual attack beforehand,
and worse because the attack actually needs to be witnessed to be avoided (any attack that disrupts the connection to the Project Determination machine cannot, obviously, be seen ahead of time).

Ahhhhhh, that makes much more sense. Alright, I can work with that.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:24 am

And so, with the arrival of the one Russian who can give Trotskaya a run for her money, I fire the starting gun to get the apps in.
APPLICATION FORM

Name of applicant: Drakolich
Category applying for: The Razor's Edge
Biography: When people think of the Chthonians, they most typically think of General Elena Trotskaya and her warband of demon mask-wearing warriors. It is, however, easy to tell apart those who know the full extent of the Chthonian brotherhood and those who do not. Those who know only of Trotskaya's legendary prowess will be unfazed, maybe even laugh. Those who know of the man known only as 'Drakolich' shudder at the mere invocation of the name, and those who are more intimate with his methods recoil in terror.

If Trotskaya is the muscle behind the Chthonian brotherhood, then the so-called 'Hound of Trotskaya' is without question the brains. Calm, refined, and almost hubristically confident, Drakolich is a mastermind who can keep even the very best schemers on their toes and second-guessing both their plans and his. Making this infinitely worse is the fact that he does not have any moral qualms whatsoever: in fact, he is very much content to murder and even rape for the sole purpose of making a point, and has perfected interrogation to the level of an artform. It is this morality (or lack thereof) for which many label him a psychopath, a label not to be taken lightly in the context of the henchmen that Trotskaya normally surrounds herself with. As a result, Drakolich has volunteered to keep himself locked away inside of the Vorkuta Mining Gulag until he is 'activated' by Trotskaya, a contingency that she only deploys as a very last resort. However, it is more likely the case that Trotskaya keeps Drakolich out of sight because even she is terrified of him - if any Mecharussian were to be the one to assassinate her, it would almost certainly be her deputy. It is a blessing for her, therefore, that he considers her to be just about the only person for whom he holds a profound respect.

Weapons/equipment: 4x monomolecular circular sawblades (built into his arms); onboard quantum blink displacement device.
Abilities: Superhuman intellect, strength and speed; spontaneous teleportation.
Advantages: Can teleport at will; extremely deadly close-combatant.
Disadvantages: Relies almost purely on hit-and-run type attacks; fares badly against agile opponents with long-range melee weapons.
Melee rating: 8/10
Ranged rating: 1/10
Agility rating: 10/10
Experience rating: 10/10
Overall rating: 7.25/10
Do you agree with the Terms of Participation? Yes.

#hammerfalltwo
Tag for finding apps, please do not delete.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Maljaratas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:59 am

Since I forgot this earlier... What exactly is the Razor's Edge category about
"There are decades when nothing happens. There are weeks where decades happen" -Vladimir Lenin

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 am

Maljaratas wrote:Since I forgot this earlier... What exactly is the Razor's Edge category about

Melee combat.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 am

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's going to be submitting apps.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Maljaratas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:44 am

Blakullar wrote:Please tell me I'm not the only one who's going to be submitting apps.

I still need to figure out what I want to submit first.
"There are decades when nothing happens. There are weeks where decades happen" -Vladimir Lenin

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:45 am

Maljaratas wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Please tell me I'm not the only one who's going to be submitting apps.

I still need to figure out what I want to submit first.

Alright, fair enough.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Maljaratas wrote:I still need to figure out what I want to submit first.

Alright, fair enough.

I'm waiting for either Multiversal Venn-Copard (oh, how I want to shorten that to Venn-Copard... *sigh*) or Maljaratas/Thinking Machines to submit an app so I know roughly how powerful my combatant should be.

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Maljaratas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Blakullar wrote:Alright, fair enough.

I'm waiting for either Multiversal Venn-Copard (oh, how I want to shorten that to Venn-Copard... *sigh*) or Maljaratas/Thinking Machines to submit an app so I know roughly how powerful my combatant should be.

I was waiting for you... I can try and come up with a concept idea if needs be though

Multiversal Venn-Copard
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 03, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Multiversal Venn-Copard » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Blakullar wrote:Alright, fair enough.

If you really, really, really have to, I'll let you use Venn-Copard or MVC. I don't like those names, hence why I explained it in my sig, but if you like them more go ahead.

Also, I'm not sending in combatants, just the big orbital broadcasting Citadel (space station).
Last edited by Multiversal Venn-Copard on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I guess everything really does happen at once sometimes."

The VCMR is likely far less interested in interfering with those below than it used to be.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:

If you really, really, really have to, I'll let you use Venn-Copard or MVC. I don't like those names, hence why I explained it in my sig, but if you like them more go ahead.

Also, I'm not sending in combatants, just the big orbital broadcasting Citadel (space station).

Oh, right. I guess I'll estimate the power level on my own, then.

And I'm fine with Multiversal Venn-Copard, but it hardly even shortens the full name and feels kind of clumsy imo. Sicne you prefer it, though, I'll use it.
Last edited by The Great Devourer of All on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Maljaratas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:04 pm

I can work with any power level required for your eldritch thing you're no doubt creating (assuming we can actually have a battle between them)
Otherwise, I'm trying to think of one for use aside from a concept for the Ouroboros I've been thinking about (designed more for the Omniversal War stuff)

Regardless, how big exactly are the squads for that category allowed to be?

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:11 am

Maljaratas wrote:I can work with any power level required for your eldritch thing you're no doubt creating (assuming we can actually have a battle between them)
Otherwise, I'm trying to think of one for use aside from a concept for the Ouroboros I've been thinking about (designed more for the Omniversal War stuff)

Regardless, how big exactly are the squads for that category allowed to be?

I'm inclined to say no more than fifteen, but I suppose it all depends on just how strong each soldier in the squad is.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:04 am

Bump, just to make sure everybody's still alive.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents