NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Days of an Empire[FINISHED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:35 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Pillowlandia wrote:
In any case I shalt repeat my eternal question of this thread; What are the coastal defenses of the north, west, south, and east coasts of the nation?

Coastal defenses are concentrated on the stretch of coast from Rochefort and the little inlet there all the way around to the major harbor in the Frank District(New Marseilles should be much closer to the coast than on my map, as it's a harbor city). However, there are gaps in this line, like from Colditz to New Marseilles.

There are also concentrations of defenses at major port cities, like on the coast of Orangetown and Swochtenburg. But like I said, the primary band of naval defenses are from Rochefort to New Marseilles, as we expect a naval invasion either from South Africa(Rochefort area), the Suez Canal and Egypt(Saxtonberg) or Indonesia(New Marseilles). The Ostland and Southern Districts are lightly defended except for key cities because the only direction we concieve an attack there coming from is Australia, where we already have a strip of land.

In order to defeat an amphibous invasion, we would be eager to intercept the attacking fleet instead of fighting a defensive battle. We would really on radar to detect the enemy fleet, and then, with our series of air umbrellas which are based in Southern India, the home island, Somalia and East Africa, Indonesia, Madagascar, and Australia, we would attack, followed by another attack with our nearest fleet.

I hope that outlines my coastal defenses for you.
a

Another question, what sort of radar do you use?
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 pm

New Decius wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:The NMK would be on the side of the hardline monarchists in the Parliament. Depending on the exact situation, we may also opt to provide some level of support to the citizens / nobility should they decide to rebel against a constitutional monarchy. We would oppose the fascists as much as we would while trying to avoid annoying / antagonising Spektronia while doing so. In the event of a successful fascist coup, what happens to the monarchy / nobility?

The German Empire would back the monarchists and if Klaus fails, we might try to push for his son to be made Grand Duke. Plus if we go through with the plan to give Nova Capile Germany's African and Asian territories, then maybe Nova Capile could become an Empire as opposed to a Grand Duchy.

Eh, I have Grand Duchy in my name, so I'll have to stick with that.

If the Fascists organize a successful coup the Royal Family would be seen as a threat, as would the old aristocracy. It would hurt them too much to simply kill the royals or high ranking nobles, so they would probably be exiled.
Like the SS after WW2, many aristocrats would flee to sympathetic countries or remote colonies to escape the new regime.
If the fascists win, they will probably eventually be overthrown by democratics. They would want nothing to do with any pretenders to the throne; so if the fascists win, the monarchy will be gone, most likely forever.

If there is a counterrevolution, Klaus will feel like a traitor to his country; if he loses, he will flee or be executed, and Hans Wilhelm XVIII will take the throne.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Coastal defenses are concentrated on the stretch of coast from Rochefort and the little inlet there all the way around to the major harbor in the Frank District(New Marseilles should be much closer to the coast than on my map, as it's a harbor city). However, there are gaps in this line, like from Colditz to New Marseilles.

There are also concentrations of defenses at major port cities, like on the coast of Orangetown and Swochtenburg. But like I said, the primary band of naval defenses are from Rochefort to New Marseilles, as we expect a naval invasion either from South Africa(Rochefort area), the Suez Canal and Egypt(Saxtonberg) or Indonesia(New Marseilles). The Ostland and Southern Districts are lightly defended except for key cities because the only direction we concieve an attack there coming from is Australia, where we already have a strip of land.

In order to defeat an amphibous invasion, we would be eager to intercept the attacking fleet instead of fighting a defensive battle. We would really on radar to detect the enemy fleet, and then, with our series of air umbrellas which are based in Southern India, the home island, Somalia and East Africa, Indonesia, Madagascar, and Australia, we would attack, followed by another attack with our nearest fleet.

I hope that outlines my coastal defenses for you.
a

Another question, what sort of radar do you use?

SLAR I guess. Not very good with stuff like that
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Spektronia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spektronia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:15 pm

New Decius wrote:
The German Empire would back the monarchists and if Klaus fails, we might try to push for his son to be made Grand Duke. Plus if we go through with the plan to give Nova Capile Germany's African and Asian territories, then maybe Nova Capile could become an Empire as opposed to a Grand Duchy.

If the Fascists organize a successful coup the Royal Family would be seen as a threat, as would the old aristocracy. It would hurt them too much to simply kill the royals or high ranking nobles, so they would probably be exiled.
Like the SS after WW2, many aristocrats would flee to sympathetic countries or remote colonies to escape the new regime.
If the fascists win, they will probably eventually be overthrown by democratics. They would want nothing to do with any pretenders to the throne; so if the fascists win, the monarchy will be gone, most likely forever.

If there is a counterrevolution, Klaus will feel like a traitor to his country; if he loses, he will flee or be executed, and Hans Wilhelm XVIII will take the throne.

How could it be a coup if Klaus is the leader and the one in favor of the Fascist state?
Spektronia's Stats
The Fascio Manifesto
Proud Soldier and Member of the Fifth Empire!
Spektronian News Network:
  • Spektronian troops to remain in Iraq and Syria to "Finish off the Islamic State".
  • Chancellor Häussler congratulates graduates of the Vesta Military Academy.
  • Chancellor Häussler meets with Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah of Hezboallah.
  • Head Madame Häussler "enjoys her duties as an envoy", meeting with French President Macron.
  • Vice-Chancellor Heinrich Alexander Häussler heads colonial administrative efforts in Nigeria, is appointed General Governor of Nigeria.

Not at War.

Nuclear Threat Level: 1 2 3 4 5 |Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:26 am

New Decius wrote:

And as Germany is the Germanic Fatherland, is there a chance those aristocrats would flee to the German Empire?
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:41 am

Spektronia wrote:

How could it be a coup if Klaus is the leader and the one in favor of the Fascist state?

Well the monarchists may be opposed to that am I correct. Not to mention Klaus has a son and grandson. Aristocratic families have long been in the habit of killing or overthrowing one another for power.

The German Empire would be in favor of backing Hans Wilhelm XVIII not only because he seems possessed of a stronger personality to Klaus, but also because the Crown Princess of the Austrian Empire, a German vassal state (As the other Confederation members besides Germany are) holds an interest in Prince Karl
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:57 am

Klaus may be influenced by the Germans to adopt a conservative democracy. And it would be weird for him to be a Fascist if there was also a hardline monarchist group.
There is a very high chance that the aristocracy will flee to the Fatherland. Some may also go to the colonies where they most likely have land and plantations and it will be easier to hide out.
How would the fleeing nobles be treated in Germany?
Ige been camping. Expect a post tomorrow.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:18 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Klaus may be influenced by the Germans to adopt a conservative democracy. And it would be weird for him to be a Fascist if there was also a hardline monarchist group.
There is a very high chance that the aristocracy will flee to the Fatherland. Some may also go to the colonies where they most likely have land and plantations and it will be easier to hide out.
How would the fleeing nobles be treated in Germany?
Ige been camping. Expect a post tomorrow.

They would be treated as heroes of a freedom movement or akin to that

IATA Member

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Forgive me for asking but will anyone bring up to speed about what 'a been happening since Foley was kidnapped?
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:08 pm

I'll see if I can make a post soon.
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:20 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:Forgive me for asking but will anyone bring up to speed about what 'a been happening since Foley was kidnapped?

Not much. The rebels have scattered, and a small group under Roman and Blucher are regrouping at Colditz. That's about it.
New Decius, would the Capileans who fled to your country retain their ranks, and be treated like nobility?
Working on a post.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Posted, removed the poll, and reverted to my original flag.

The Wanderer

Spektronia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spektronia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:13 pm

I do kinda like this flag better. Oh and btw, the Grand Duke, Crown Prince, Chancellor and Vice Chancellor had their meeting in a private room. I never rped them coming back, you'll have to edit your post to say that they return back. You can also say that Adolf and his son came back with the Grand Duke and his son if you want so I don't have to make a whole post just about Adolf and Heinrich (Alex is his middle name which Adolf calls him by cause he has another son named Heinrich, if you were confused) coming back.
Last edited by Spektronia on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spektronia's Stats
The Fascio Manifesto
  • Spektronian troops to remain in Iraq and Syria to "Finish off the Islamic State".
  • Head Madame Häussler "enjoys her duties as an envoy", meeting with French President Macron.
  • Vice-Chancellor Heinrich Alexander Häussler heads colonial administrative efforts in Nigeria, is appointed General Governor of Nigeria.

Not at War.

Nuclear Threat Level: 1 2 3 4 5 |Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Spektronia wrote:I do kinda like this flag better. Oh and btw, the Grand Duke, Crown Prince, Chancellor and Vice Chancellor had their meeting in a private room. I never rped them coming back, you'll have to edit your post to say that they return back. You can also say that Adolf and his son came back with the Grand Duke and his son if you want so I don't have to make a whole post just about Adolf and Heinrich (Alex is his middle name which Adolf calls him by cause he has another son named Heinrich, if you were confused) coming back.

The other flag was just a temporary one to show that I support the police in the shootings.
EDIT: Oh and I'll edit my post.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Wanderer

Spektronia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spektronia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Spektronia wrote:I do kinda like this flag better. Oh and btw, the Grand Duke, Crown Prince, Chancellor and Vice Chancellor had their meeting in a private room. I never rped them coming back, you'll have to edit your post to say that they return back. You can also say that Adolf and his son came back with the Grand Duke and his son if you want so I don't have to make a whole post just about Adolf and Heinrich (Alex is his middle name which Adolf calls him by cause he has another son named Heinrich, if you were confused) coming back.

The other flag was just a temporary one to show that I support the police in the shootings.
EDIT: Oh and I'll edit my post.

Ah, I see. And thanks.
Spektronia's Stats
The Fascio Manifesto

Not at War.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Wondering if I should immediately respond to New Decius' post... Maybe I'll wait until someone else gets a post up.

The Wanderer

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:41 pm

I'll wait till I'm home with a laptop to post. It's kinda hard to type a lengthy RP post on a cellphone.
_[' ]_

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:Forgive me for asking but will anyone bring up to speed about what 'a been happening since Foley was kidnapped?

Not much. The rebels have scattered, and a small group under Roman and Blucher are regrouping at Colditz. That's about it.
New Decius, would the Capileans who fled to your country retain their ranks, and be treated like nobility?
Working on a post.

They would retain their ranks and be treated like nobility.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:48 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:I'll wait till I'm home with a laptop to post. It's kinda hard to type a lengthy RP post on a cellphone.

I understand.
Columbia is out camping, BTW.
New Decius wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Not much. The rebels have scattered, and a small group under Roman and Blucher are regrouping at Colditz. That's about it.
Working on a post.

They would retain their ranks and be treated like nobility.

Good to know.

The Wanderer

Spektronia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spektronia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm

Ehh, idk how I feel about Decius's most recent post. I mean I feel it's a bit too early for this stuff since the Jaroburg revolution just started. Plus the entire influence thing was just blurted out as if he was a psychic and just told the entire plot to my plans. I feel like nobody except the Spektronians and Klaus partially knows of the plans of Adolf. I was planning for Adolf to tell Hans just before he died privately of Adolf's true plans, so that he could know what would possibly come when he was gone. Kinda as a last respect kinda thing.
Spektronia's Stats
The Fascio Manifesto

Not at War.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Spektronia wrote:Ehh, idk how I feel about Decius's most recent post. I mean I feel it's a bit too early for this stuff since the Jaroburg revolution just started. Plus the entire influence thing was just blurted out as if he was a psychic and just told the entire plot to my plans. I feel like nobody except the Spektronians and Klaus partially knows of the plans of Adolf. I was planning for Adolf to tell Hans just before he died privately of Adolf's true plans, so that he could know what would possibly come when he was gone. Kinda as a last respect kinda thing.

Hmm.. Maybe a little tweaking of New Decius' post?
EDIT: Signing off for the night.
BTW, has anyone heard from Pillowlandia? He hasn't been active here for a while.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Wanderer

Spektronia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spektronia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Spektronia wrote:Ehh, idk how I feel about Decius's most recent post. I mean I feel it's a bit too early for this stuff since the Jaroburg revolution just started. Plus the entire influence thing was just blurted out as if he was a psychic and just told the entire plot to my plans. I feel like nobody except the Spektronians and Klaus partially knows of the plans of Adolf. I was planning for Adolf to tell Hans just before he died privately of Adolf's true plans, so that he could know what would possibly come when he was gone. Kinda as a last respect kinda thing.

Hmm.. Maybe a little tweaking of New Decius' post?
BTW, has anyone heard from Pillowlandia? He hasn't been active here for a while.

Nope. And Decius our plans might not even go through. I've just received word that Nova likes his current set up.
Spektronia's Stats
The Fascio Manifesto

Not at War.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:22 am

Spektronia wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Hmm.. Maybe a little tweaking of New Decius' post?

Nope. And Decius our plans might not even go through. I've just received word that Nova likes his current set up.

I really didn't reveal any plans or intend to. It was more an opinion of political analysts as to doubts in Klaus as an effective leader in the currebt situation
Last edited by New Decius on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:58 am

Hey, I'm not gonna purposely block any change. I'm okay with change. I like my current government, but so does any nation or they would change it. Nova Capile is ready for a change, it has to come sooner or later.

If I really don't like how the role-play turns out, I can always do a revolution or something to restore the status quo. But this may turn into a series.

The Wanderer

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 am

Foley backs the current government. I doubt he'd back a fascist state unless the other options were a democracy or communism
_[' ]_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents