NATION

PASSWORD

The System and The Wave (FT/OOC/Closed to Apps)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Mon May 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:Hey, what type of power generation does the station use?

I'd say its likely solar, After all if the sun is an LO class star, which is a Blue giant which is a mass of an insane amount of hydrogen being burned in nuclear fission, the amount of heat and light it's giving off are insane.

I know this because I designed the Nare system specifically with a LO class and anything not 30CC-32CC which is its Goldilocks Zone out is unhabitable as the heat is simply too great.
Also when an LO class star implodes, its only destination is a super black hole so depending on the age of the system we're in for some real... tough times if this bad boy has a countdown clock.

Also, HI SPINDLE! KYAAAA! XD
Last edited by Neo ORB on Mon May 02, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nare [FT]/Shattered Day Enterprise's [FT]
2015 P2TM Nominated for Best School-based RP character
There is no Neo Orb. Only "The Nare". Unless its MT.

Ellaesum
Attaché

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ellaesum » Mon May 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Fusion. Currently runs on deuterium (complex hydrogen) but supplies are almost bare. Limited amounts are found in the nebula. The station could be configured to run off of simple hydrogen at a decreased efficiency but this is plentiful in the nearby nebula. Solar back ups are mostly intact but are only designed for emergency bulkheads and minimum atmosphere.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Mon May 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Ellaesum wrote:

Fusion. Currently runs on deuterium (complex hydrogen) but supplies are almost bare. Limited amounts are found in the nebula. The station could be configured to run off of simple hydrogen at a decreased efficiency but this is plentiful in the nearby nebula. Solar back ups are mostly intact but are only designed for emergency bulkheads and minimum atmosphere.

>tfw your own ship reactors also use that fuel, coincidence? I think not. :p I might just borrow fuel from my tertiary reactor to power up the station
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon May 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:
Ellaesum wrote:

>tfw your own ship reactors also use that fuel, coincidence? I think not. :p I might just borrow fuel from my tertiary reactor to power up the station

My vessel uses deuterium for its power source, yes. Given my vessels increased need for food and water; I think I have a nice little supply situation here if it comes down to it.

Also, initial contact can either be made with the scout fighter trying to hide near the space station, or the inbound cruiser.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Ellaesum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ellaesum » Mon May 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:
Ellaesum wrote:

Lol I didn't base it off of anyones ships, I thought about what I would power my station with. Yes the sun is massive and puts off tons of energy but your collection means must necessarily by on the exterior meaning that they are always more vulnerable than energy systems on the interior. The nebula being so close makes it logical to use gasses. Could be a weakness in a long term blockade situation though....

I'm freaking excited to see how first contact goes! Either someone will notice my little transport sitting there in the asteroids or I'll take a gamble and say "hi".... Who knows

Ellaesum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ellaesum » Mon May 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Spindle wrote:
Ellaesum wrote:
Hmm... Were developing a dynamic where the space station is a critical position to hold; your ship would negate that with its production capabilities.... I think that concept it a bit over powered. Everyone has pretty much gone with capital ships so you could do something really cool with like a stealth space submarine concept or a colonial ship or ect.... The mobile dock yard opens too many doors I think. If the group disagrees with me then by all means go with it.

Alright, then...grumblegrumblegrumblegrumble...

Name of Ship: HMSS Illusory

Race #1: Humans. Boring, I know.

Population by race: The Illusory has a command crew of fifteen, as well as seventy-two damage control personnel and six hundred and forty-eight combat personnel.

Ship design: The Illusory looks, from the side, like some kind of tri-barbed spear tip seven hundred and fifty-six metres in length. It has three 'bulges' or 'barbs' along its length, which contain two sets of engines and the podlayer bulge. The engine bulges both consist of a series of rotatable engines in a ring around the main hull, whereas the podlayer bulge is more organic and has three hatches leading into the pod hangar.

After the third bulge, the ship tapers off sharply to form the Prometheus Engine. A little under one hundred meters further into the Illusory lies the fusion reactor, with the hydrogen storage systems between the two. The two secondary fusion plants are on either side of the spinal shaft three hundred metres further up from the primary, and the fission pile is another hundred metres further up. Nestled in the four hundred metres from the Prometheus Engine to the fission pile are the life support systems, barracks, armoury, quarters and, in the centre of the ship, the CIC.

Just past the third bulge lies the hangar. This is a band which stretches around roughly one-third of the ship and contains the Illusory's stingships. Dotted across the ship, although clustered more heavily around the front, are the IRASER turrets, while the three MASER turrets are placed almost halfway between the first and the third bulges. Between the MASER turrets and the first bulge lie the missile tubes and the ship underneath this is mostly given over to missile storage. Just astern of the first bulge lie the counter-missile tubes, and in a similar manner to the missile tubes, the ship around these is given over to counter-missile storage.

Finally, the ship's hull is made of a semi-mobile nanny-alloy which allows for armour to be moved from less damaged sections to seal over cracks, or simply thicken the armour. In addition, the hull has been treated and shaped to deaden heat signature and reduce RADAR bounce in order to preserve stealth, even under combat situations. This is further enabled by the ability of the ship to 'flush' atmosphere, reducing the Illusory to background temperature and rendering her almost invisible to IR sensors.

Ship propulsion capabilities: The Illusory uses a Prometheus plasma expulsion engine, linked to the main fusion reactor, as its main source of thrust and can sustain two hundred and
twenty gees of acceleration with its inertial compensators. In addition, the two engine bulges allow for an additional fifty-four gees to be projected into almost any vector, with the exception of dead ahead. Inside of the gravity well of a habitable planet, counter-grav allows an extra three to twenty gees of acceleration, which can be projected in more or less any direction. FTL is provided by a b-space drive, which allows the space between two stars to be compressed enormously before moving relatively small distances in b-space to move far larger distances in realspace.

Ship weapon capabilities: The Illusory's main weapons systems are its missiles, capable of engaging hostile targets from five to one-point-five light-seconds with excalibur warheads or two to zero light-seconds with casaba- howitzers. These are fired from either the missile tubes which dot the hull or the three podlayer openings which are used to deploy missile pods. Missile tubes generally use 'revolver' launch packages, allowing six missiles to be fired in eighteen seconds before a fifteen second reload. Missile pods can, in theory, be launched at twenty-four second intervals. In practice, they tend to synchronise with the tubes in order to overwhelm enemy point-defence. In addition, the Illusory maintains several MASERs for close-in engagements where their punch mitigates their inaccuracy over time.

In the point-defence role, there are a number of IRASERs across the hull which can provide rapid and accurate point-defence against kinetics and missiles from one-point-five light-seconds out, right down to zero. In addition, the Illusory has a number of counter-missile tubes as well as a number of counter-missile pods and full-sized counter-missiles which launch from the main missile tubes. These allow for engagement of projectiles at three light-seconds down to point-five light-seconds.

Although it isn't a weapon in the strictest sense, the Illusory is also equipped with a full cyberwarfare suite. This allows it to both protect itself from systems intrusions as well as execute attacks on enemy-held cyberspace systems. This is generally most effective when within one light-second, but successful cyber-attacks at three light-seconds are certainly not unheard of.

Ship shielding capabilities: The Illusory only has modest EM shielding as her outer-zone defence, although they are more effective than they would appear against charged particle beams and plasma, and are still useful against LASERs. However, most of her survivability comes from her ECM. With extensive ECM and ECCM suites, and three decoys which also mount sophisticated ECM and ECCM suites, the Illusory's name is well-deserved and, with cryo-pods for all crew members, she can vent atmosphere and cool to the background heat of the space around her, RADAR barely returning a whisper.

Ship supply needs: The most important need for the Illusory is the hydrogen and helium which power it. Without that, the Illusory is limited to a few weeks away from any resupply under ideal conditions. Less-than-ideal conditions can diminish this considerably.
Cloudscooping from a hydrogen- or helium-rich gas giant is one option to do this in hostile territory, but feeding the cloud of gas into the storage facilities can be tricky at the best of times.

The next most pressing concern is food. The Illusory carries around a month's worth of MREs with it, but has no food production capacity beyond cannibalism. This is an operational problem which has traditionally been solved by means of deep-space handoffs of food packages from Fifth Fleet couriers. This option is, evidently, no longer open to the Illusory.

The final concern is ammunition. While the MASERs and IRASERs can fire indefinitely, assuming the fusion reactor works, the missiles are inherently limited in their numbers. Although the ships does have a fabber, the raw materials needed to produce an excalibur-warhead missile would require mining operations to be conducted at several asteroids and the Illusory has no dedicated mining equipment. However, the fabber could produce simple kinetic-kill missiles, or even simple slugs, if the stocks were running particularly low.

Support Vessels: The Illusory has a number of stingships in order to facilitate operations from her complement of troops, both in and out of an atmosphere. These consist of sixteen Vespid aerospace superiority fighters, twelve Hornet high-yield delivery platforms, twelve Dragonfly gunships and twenty-four Bumblebee troop transports. In addition, the troop complement contains fifty-four Scorpius-Alpha drop tanks and one hundred and eight Kavacha suits, as well as ablative atmospheric entry capsules for both the troops and the equipment above.

Escape Capabilities: Escape pods were considered too impractical during the design phase of the Ophian-class and so none of the ships were equipped with them, not least since they would give a very nice heat bloom guiding enemy fire onto a weakened part of the hull. Because of this, the Illusory has no escape vessels for crew to escape into.

Compare your crew's outlook on the world to that of a known space species: They're Humans. Some of them just want to go home and see what can be saved, some of them want to go and burn every Breeosh planet to the ground and some of them just want to survive.

Approved, sorry it took a little bit to read!

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon May 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Ellaesum wrote:
Spindle wrote:Alright, then...grumblegrumblegrumblegrumble...

Name of Ship: HMSS Illusory

Race #1: Humans. Boring, I know.

Population by race: The Illusory has a command crew of fifteen, as well as seventy-two damage control personnel and six hundred and forty-eight combat personnel.

Ship design: The Illusory looks, from the side, like some kind of tri-barbed spear tip seven hundred and fifty-six metres in length. It has three 'bulges' or 'barbs' along its length, which contain two sets of engines and the podlayer bulge. The engine bulges both consist of a series of rotatable engines in a ring around the main hull, whereas the podlayer bulge is more organic and has three hatches leading into the pod hangar.

After the third bulge, the ship tapers off sharply to form the Prometheus Engine. A little under one hundred meters further into the Illusory lies the fusion reactor, with the hydrogen storage systems between the two. The two secondary fusion plants are on either side of the spinal shaft three hundred metres further up from the primary, and the fission pile is another hundred metres further up. Nestled in the four hundred metres from the Prometheus Engine to the fission pile are the life support systems, barracks, armoury, quarters and, in the centre of the ship, the CIC.

Just past the third bulge lies the hangar. This is a band which stretches around roughly one-third of the ship and contains the Illusory's stingships. Dotted across the ship, although clustered more heavily around the front, are the IRASER turrets, while the three MASER turrets are placed almost halfway between the first and the third bulges. Between the MASER turrets and the first bulge lie the missile tubes and the ship underneath this is mostly given over to missile storage. Just astern of the first bulge lie the counter-missile tubes, and in a similar manner to the missile tubes, the ship around these is given over to counter-missile storage.

Finally, the ship's hull is made of a semi-mobile nanny-alloy which allows for armour to be moved from less damaged sections to seal over cracks, or simply thicken the armour. In addition, the hull has been treated and shaped to deaden heat signature and reduce RADAR bounce in order to preserve stealth, even under combat situations. This is further enabled by the ability of the ship to 'flush' atmosphere, reducing the Illusory to background temperature and rendering her almost invisible to IR sensors.

Ship propulsion capabilities: The Illusory uses a Prometheus plasma expulsion engine, linked to the main fusion reactor, as its main source of thrust and can sustain two hundred and
twenty gees of acceleration with its inertial compensators. In addition, the two engine bulges allow for an additional fifty-four gees to be projected into almost any vector, with the exception of dead ahead. Inside of the gravity well of a habitable planet, counter-grav allows an extra three to twenty gees of acceleration, which can be projected in more or less any direction. FTL is provided by a b-space drive, which allows the space between two stars to be compressed enormously before moving relatively small distances in b-space to move far larger distances in realspace.

Ship weapon capabilities: The Illusory's main weapons systems are its missiles, capable of engaging hostile targets from five to one-point-five light-seconds with excalibur warheads or two to zero light-seconds with casaba- howitzers. These are fired from either the missile tubes which dot the hull or the three podlayer openings which are used to deploy missile pods. Missile tubes generally use 'revolver' launch packages, allowing six missiles to be fired in eighteen seconds before a fifteen second reload. Missile pods can, in theory, be launched at twenty-four second intervals. In practice, they tend to synchronise with the tubes in order to overwhelm enemy point-defence. In addition, the Illusory maintains several MASERs for close-in engagements where their punch mitigates their inaccuracy over time.

In the point-defence role, there are a number of IRASERs across the hull which can provide rapid and accurate point-defence against kinetics and missiles from one-point-five light-seconds out, right down to zero. In addition, the Illusory has a number of counter-missile tubes as well as a number of counter-missile pods and full-sized counter-missiles which launch from the main missile tubes. These allow for engagement of projectiles at three light-seconds down to point-five light-seconds.

Although it isn't a weapon in the strictest sense, the Illusory is also equipped with a full cyberwarfare suite. This allows it to both protect itself from systems intrusions as well as execute attacks on enemy-held cyberspace systems. This is generally most effective when within one light-second, but successful cyber-attacks at three light-seconds are certainly not unheard of.

Ship shielding capabilities: The Illusory only has modest EM shielding as her outer-zone defence, although they are more effective than they would appear against charged particle beams and plasma, and are still useful against LASERs. However, most of her survivability comes from her ECM. With extensive ECM and ECCM suites, and three decoys which also mount sophisticated ECM and ECCM suites, the Illusory's name is well-deserved and, with cryo-pods for all crew members, she can vent atmosphere and cool to the background heat of the space around her, RADAR barely returning a whisper.

Ship supply needs: The most important need for the Illusory is the hydrogen and helium which power it. Without that, the Illusory is limited to a few weeks away from any resupply under ideal conditions. Less-than-ideal conditions can diminish this considerably.
Cloudscooping from a hydrogen- or helium-rich gas giant is one option to do this in hostile territory, but feeding the cloud of gas into the storage facilities can be tricky at the best of times.

The next most pressing concern is food. The Illusory carries around a month's worth of MREs with it, but has no food production capacity beyond cannibalism. This is an operational problem which has traditionally been solved by means of deep-space handoffs of food packages from Fifth Fleet couriers. This option is, evidently, no longer open to the Illusory.

The final concern is ammunition. While the MASERs and IRASERs can fire indefinitely, assuming the fusion reactor works, the missiles are inherently limited in their numbers. Although the ships does have a fabber, the raw materials needed to produce an excalibur-warhead missile would require mining operations to be conducted at several asteroids and the Illusory has no dedicated mining equipment. However, the fabber could produce simple kinetic-kill missiles, or even simple slugs, if the stocks were running particularly low.

Support Vessels: The Illusory has a number of stingships in order to facilitate operations from her complement of troops, both in and out of an atmosphere. These consist of sixteen Vespid aerospace superiority fighters, twelve Hornet high-yield delivery platforms, twelve Dragonfly gunships and twenty-four Bumblebee troop transports. In addition, the troop complement contains fifty-four Scorpius-Alpha drop tanks and one hundred and eight Kavacha suits, as well as ablative atmospheric entry capsules for both the troops and the equipment above.

Escape Capabilities: Escape pods were considered too impractical during the design phase of the Ophian-class and so none of the ships were equipped with them, not least since they would give a very nice heat bloom guiding enemy fire onto a weakened part of the hull. Because of this, the Illusory has no escape vessels for crew to escape into.

Compare your crew's outlook on the world to that of a known space species: They're Humans. Some of them just want to go home and see what can be saved, some of them want to go and burn every Breeosh planet to the ground and some of them just want to survive.

Approved, sorry it took a little bit to read!

Thanks!

Neo ORB wrote:Also, HI SPINDLE! KYAAAA! XD

AAAIIIIIEEE! You again? But my people have done nothing wrong! They don't deserve to die!
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Tue May 03, 2016 4:15 am

Hey real quick, can we get a headcount on what ship everyone is detecting; because its getting to the point where everyone is popping up and talking about unidentified craft.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Tue May 03, 2016 5:02 am

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Hey real quick, can we get a headcount on what ship everyone is detecting; because its getting to the point where everyone is popping up and talking about unidentified craft.

Well in the Nare's view, the Destroyer Mu sent out an ultra fine gravity pulse which also was slightly interfered with by the pull of the LO class star making the read partly incomplete.
Generally what happens is that when the Nare search a system, they don't follow the standard practice of first using mathematics, scanning and probing a planet to determine its size, and hospitality.
The Nare use the natural gravity well's created from every object with mass as it reacts with space time in order to determine location and overall size of the objects.
Thus they would know something is there, just not the information on what it is. Of course if an object is of a significant size then the option on what it is are naturally limited. But the Nare use this technology and have mastered it so they can use it to pick up even tiny bumps of the frame work of realit. but there still blind until they have a visual....

Nyte
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nyte » Tue May 03, 2016 5:33 am

Sensor OPness incoming...

But, in all seriousness, if you're not hiding behind a planet or the far side of the sun from The Red Queen's location then you've probably been detected at the very least (unless you haz active stealth systems that were running before we arrived)... It may only be basic info like general power readings, approx. mass, and the general shape/outline of your ship, but we know your there. For closer ships, this information will get more and more detailed the closer you are to The Red Queen.
Self censored due to concerns of Moderation Abuse and ambiguous rules enforcement.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue May 03, 2016 8:22 am

Nyte wrote:Sensor OPness incoming...

But, in all seriousness, if you're not hiding behind a planet or the far side of the sun from The Red Queen's location then you've probably been detected at the very least (unless you haz active stealth systems that were running before we arrived)... It may only be basic info like general power readings, approx. mass, and the general shape/outline of your ship, but we know your there. For closer ships, this information will get more and more detailed the closer you are to The Red Queen.

I'm fairly certain everyone's visible to everyone unless they've got active stealth or are hidden behind something. If you're habitable, you're probably ~300 degrees above the background space, which means anyone with passive infrared sensors can see you from the other side of the system, assuming they're looking in the right direction. Sure, space is big, but you wouldn't even need a VLA to figure out where people are. Or rather were. The fun part is accounting for lightspeed lag, of course, and figuring out what they are.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

RawHein
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Tue May 03, 2016 10:27 am

And I just flew out of a star, so I'm extremely visible until I get to the heat dump.
The Raw'Hein naming system.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

[REDACTED BY MOD] (no registration or extra software necessary)

Ellaesum
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ellaesum » Tue May 03, 2016 10:56 am

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Hey real quick, can we get a headcount on what ship everyone is detecting; because its getting to the point where everyone is popping up and talking about unidentified craft.

Well my main ship is hidden in a dense pocket of gas within the nebula but I have a planetary shuttle drifting with the power (almost) off within the outer asteroid belt near the space station. As of now they can see Pillowlandia, the station, and nyte but aren't scanning or sending off any signals.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue May 03, 2016 11:36 am

Rawhein wrote:And I just flew out of a star, so I'm extremely visible until I get to the heat dump.

Is that a subtle hint? Because I'm writing a post and if you want to do a first contact with the powergaming bastard stealth Cruiser, I can put that (or the start of that) in.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Tue May 03, 2016 11:45 am

Spindle wrote:
Rawhein wrote:And I just flew out of a star, so I'm extremely visible until I get to the heat dump.

Is that a subtle hint? Because I'm writing a post and if you want to do a first contact with the powergaming bastard stealth Cruiser, I can put that (or the start of that) in.

ohh this will be fun... considering i'm about to sling shot around the sun...
Cue (Evil Laugh!) ... (Dramatic Music)...

Edit: You remember the Nare... were not known for niceitys... you remember that bio ship... ne, Ne!....
in all truth tho I'm sorry that kinda fizzled, RL clogged me like a truck and then ran me over like an 18 wheeler.
Last edited by Neo ORB on Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

RawHein
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 am

Spindle wrote:

Kind of a hint, but more of a "Hey, uh, guys, I still exist...guys?". I think I'll do a response to Imperial Esplanade's distress call, since the guy currently in charge of my ship is an isolationsist and more than a little paranoid, so having anything to do with a warship, let alone one clearly more advanced than the one he's on, would be a lot more difficult to write than one that's broken and no possible threat.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 am

Neo ORB wrote:
Spindle wrote:Is that a subtle hint? Because I'm writing a post and if you want to do a first contact with the powergaming bastard stealth Cruiser, I can put that (or the start of that) in.

ohh this will be fun... considering i'm about to sling shot around the sun...
Cue (Evil Laugh!) ... (Dramatic Music)...

New plan: stay away from star. Stay away from psychotic bird people. Curl up into little ball and hope the scary things don't find me.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue May 03, 2016 11:51 am

Rawhein wrote:
Spindle wrote:Is that a subtle hint? Because I'm writing a post and if you want to do a first contact with the powergaming bastard stealth Cruiser, I can put that (or the start of that) in.

Kind of a hint, but more of a "Hey, uh, guys, I still exist...guys?". I think I'll do a response to Imperial Esplanade's distress call, since the guy currently in charge of my ship is an isolationsist and more than a little paranoid, so having anything to do with a warship, let alone one clearly more advanced than the one he's on, would be a lot more difficult to write than one that's broken and no possible threat.

Alright then. I'll do my first contact with Ne-

Oh dear. I'm going to have to meet the psychotic bird-people, aren't I?

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Tue May 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Well to be honest is you thought Lorthous was bad, Lorthous of Tears is about a thousand times worst...
The original Lorthous promised death while dragging her broken body across a jagged floor as her children got slaughtered around her... and as the planet got rod of godded...

Lorthous Tear... Would make you drag your broken bleed corpse of a body across a jagged floor while laughing and playing with your organs as she removed them only to then turn you into one of the Nare classes. Then do it again knowing full well that you could never resist, and then once bored she'd would open up a miniature black hole in your chest cavity for a nano second and would watch as your pulled inside and crushed...

luckily for you... You haven't annoyed Tear yet... "yay"...
ha ha... who am I kidding she would do it anyway just for the shits and giggles.

Also, if you want to "Recognize" the Nare... I don't mind. I would love to see what sort of terrifying encounter you might come up with...

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue May 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Neo ORB wrote:Well to be honest is you thought Lorthous was bad, Lorthous of Tears is about a thousand times worst...
The original Lorthous promised death while dragging her broken body across a jagged floor as her children got slaughtered around her... and as the planet got rod of godded...

Lorthous Tear... Would make you drag your broken bleed corpse of a body across a jagged floor while laughing and playing with your organs as she removed them only to then turn you into one of the Nare classes. Then do it again knowing full well that you could never resist, and then once bored she'd would open up a miniature black hole in your chest cavity for a nano second and would watch as your pulled inside and crushed...

luckily for you... You haven't annoyed Tear yet... "yay"...
ha ha... who am I kidding she would do it anyway just for the shits and giggles.

Also, if you want to "Recognize" the Nare... I don't mind. I would love to see what sort of terrifying encounter you might come up with...

Terrifying for who, though?

My crew.

Anyway, I'll try to get a post up tonight, but it'll probably be tomorrow morning. Just a heads-up.
Last edited by Spindle on Tue May 03, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue May 03, 2016 1:40 pm

My crew literally just got their detection systems online, so meaning thus far we're scanning the area and sending out a distress signal simultaneously.

I think having an OOC comment at the bottom of every post to clarify who is talking to who would make things much, much more easier.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:

My crew literally just got their detection systems online, so meaning thus far we're scanning the area and sending out a distress signal simultaneously.

I think having an OOC comment at the bottom of every post to clarify who is talking to who would make things much, much more easier.

That sounds like a good idea.

RawHein
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Tue May 03, 2016 4:13 pm

To be honest, if possible I'd like a quick summary of the IC events at the bottom of each post so we can keep track of all the different stories going on at once, but I know that'd be a huge pain in the neck for us.

Also! I have made a new map! Tell me what you think! Labelling and stations to come!

Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

The Imperial Citizens Alliance
Spokesperson

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Citizens Alliance » Tue May 03, 2016 5:20 pm

1. Name of Ship: The ICA Johnson
2. Race #1: Former ICA (Human). Usually friendly but highly wary of others. *Do note there are a some overly ideological people on board, mostly communists and political officers*
3. Race #2: Androids (Originally made by the humans)
4. Population by race: 500 humans, 190 androids
5. Ship design: http://img02.deviantart.net/8ab5/i/2014/304/0/f/_lung_foress__doomstar_class_warship_by_vattalus-d7glz4x.jpg

6. Ship propulsion capabilities: The Standard Trans-dimensional warp drive can propel it 10,000 light years a day, but that's been fried. Currently, the ship can make 0.5 light speed with its anti-matter reactor. (if lucky)

7. Ship weapon capabilities: Located in my factbook about the space navy. The victory class is a warship, but in its current state, almost none of the weapons are operational.

8. Ship shielding capabilities: Extremely heavy, designed to defend it from other similarly sized vessels, but currently off. Utilizes multiple layers of energy shielding and 40 m thick armor.

**Note that this armor only covers the front and sides of the ship, not back.

9. Ship supply needs: The Victory Class needs lots of anti-matter fuel, but is rather efficient, and can run 2.5 years without refueling. As for food and other stuff, there is enough to go around for a few years. (The amount is depleted from normal though)
10.Support Vessels: If you count the 1000 fighters and bombers stuffed in the ship's hangar, I suppose there you go. They are small, fast, and pretty useful.
11. Escape Capabilities: Enough for 50,000 people, so not an issue as of now. The Fighters can also be used, but they lack any sort of real supplies. Escape pods can go around for roughly 1 month before using up resources.
12. Compare your crew's outlook on the world to that of a known space species: We are the humans (duh). We like exploring but will defend ourselves if we have to. (Watch out for the communist political officers though)
Last edited by The Imperial Citizens Alliance on Tue May 03, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Imperial Citizen's Alliance, a human space-faring nation set in the 4th millennium!!
Mid-late FT and bordering FFT. I DON'T USE NS STATS!!

I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue May 03, 2016 6:24 pm

I like the pirate idea, its humorous.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents