NATION

PASSWORD

Novaluna One Exocolonial RP [OOC/PMT/SEMI-OPEN/Attn REC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Requiem Station wrote:
Vistora wrote:
That's a little more problematic to work out, actually. Certainly not impossible, but I like the idea of exploding-spine fragtii better. Maybe "fragtus" can be the informal name for it? kek.

Either method works :p

Well, it's not like we can't have both.

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Sun May 01, 2016 10:04 am

I was thinking they explode if bitten or physically disturbed. It ruptures a thin membrane.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sun May 01, 2016 10:20 am

Ashkera wrote:I was thinking they explode if bitten or physically disturbed. It ruptures a thin membrane.

Unless the products of the explosion do no actual harm (which they do), it's likely that all nearby animals would evolve to avoid it. Direct contact is not enough.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 am

Can the jungles have lighter-than-air organisms? That's something Earth doesn't really have but is possible.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sun May 01, 2016 10:26 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:Can the jungles have lighter-than-air organisms? That's something Earth doesn't really have but is possible.

The Pansarcid Pneumogasts are basically big hydrogen blimp-creatures, so I guess if there's a good reason for such features to come about, I don't see why not. And the Pneumogasts aren't usually connected to the pansarcid superorganism biomes, so they'ye probably found over jungles.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Sun May 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Vistora wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:Can the jungles have lighter-than-air organisms? That's something Earth doesn't really have but is possible.

The Pansarcid Pneumogasts are basically big hydrogen blimp-creatures, so I guess if there's a good reason for such features to come about, I don't see why not. And the Pneumogasts aren't usually connected to the pansarcid superorganism biomes, so they'ye probably found over jungles.

Just came back from Tyranid convention guys!!! They want to send their exploding mines to you guys. (I might have lied about a splodin contest...organic only)
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Mon May 02, 2016 7:56 pm

In other words...
beware jungle...
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Mon May 02, 2016 8:18 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:In other words...
beware jungle...

Speaking of which, we should probably come up with a host of Zooform (ayylien animal) creatures. Remember, the only prerequisite is that you all be creative. I can sort out the biology, so long as it's not too ridiculous. HOWEVER, there are some traits I would prefer to see;

• Exotic? Yes
  • Unique? Of course
  • Dangerous? Well duh!
  • BADASS? Hell yeah!

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Mon May 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Vistora wrote:
Tundra Terra wrote:In other words...
beware jungle...

Speaking of which, we should probably come up with a host of Zooform (ayylien animal) creatures. Remember, the only prerequisite is that you all be creative. I can sort out the biology, so long as it's not too ridiculous. HOWEVER, there are some traits I would prefer to see;

• Exotic? Yes
  • Unique? Of course
  • Dangerous? Well duh!
  • BADASS? Hell yeah!

Arcus once devised some kind of eyeball panther. It had an organ remiss of an eye that was (presumably) its head, which split open into an absolutely horrifying maw equipped with extra appendages for snatching up meals. His descriptions were vague because it was in-character shenanigans, but I feel like there's some appropriate themes there.
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue May 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Novum Alexandria wrote:
Vistora wrote:

• Exotic? Yes
  • Unique? Of course
  • Dangerous? Well duh!
  • BADASS? Hell yeah!

Arcus once devised some kind of eyeball panther. It had an organ remiss of an eye that was (presumably) its head, which split open into an absolutely horrifying maw equipped with extra appendages for snatching up meals. His descriptions were vague because it was in-character shenanigans, but I feel like there's some appropriate themes there.

That sounds like more of an eyeball flytrap to me...but nice idea. How about a Bone Head?
Its a hybrid of:
thisImage
and this
While wearing this guys mask

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue May 03, 2016 2:03 pm

If that doesn't float your boat then an Irithaki (yours truly) Raptor will have to do:
or alien monkeys:
More ideas from
DeviantArt-ists
I want one...(below)
Heres an panther idea:
And these are my very friendly, but poisonous buddies
Last edited by Tundra Terra on Tue May 03, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue May 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:-snip-

I don't really like the look of the bonehead all that much, though we could certainly have a large creature with a bone-like facial mask that grows from its skull, similar in nature but far more elaborate than horns.

The Irithaki Raptor looks pretty great, but also rather revolting

The panther-type creature also looks cool. Perhaps combined with Avatar's Thanator it could be even better.

The weird-ass slender creaturs look suitably alien to meet my considerable approval

And the "poison buddies" are quite excellent

Cumberlanda
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cumberlanda » Tue May 03, 2016 5:47 pm

How about something kinda like this?
Bundes'ka o Cumberlanda
"What are we gonna do on the bed, Max Barry?"
The Sentinel:Honestly I am looking for a better signature format because this one is hot garbage
Please look at these if you wish to comment on my nation. NS Stats are not the best.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Tue May 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Can we stop spamming dA shit
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue May 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:Can we stop spamming dA shit

Though I would ask that all future pictures be submitted under a link or a spoiler, no, I would not request that a picture not be used as accompaniment if its submitter derived inspiration from it and/or found it to represent accurately what they had in mind.

If this is all you meant, Singy, that's fine. If that and more, I'd ask you to tone down the causticity.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue May 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Vistora wrote:
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:Can we stop spamming dA shit

Though I would ask that all future pictures be submitted under a link or a spoiler, no, I would not request that a picture not be used as accompaniment if its submitter derived inspiration from it and/or found it to represent accurately what they had in mind.

If this is all you meant, Singy, that's fine. If that and more, I'd ask you to tone down the causticity.

I understand...but will still have to post pics before I get hang of link URL. (don't give advice how just let me find out...otherwise I might be spamming links)

First post was to give reference to idea of my Bone-Heads
Second post was to promote ideas in other peoples head since it is not my artwork. :idea:
But I might keep the poison buddies...theyre too cute to pass up :kiss:

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:
Vistora wrote:

I understand...but will still have to post pics before I get hang of link URL. (don't give advice how just let me find out...otherwise I might be spamming links)

First post was to give reference to idea of my Bone-Heads
Second post was to promote ideas in other peoples head since it is not my artwork. :idea:
But I might keep the poison buddies...theyre too cute to pass up :kiss:

You can post pics, just put them in between a spoiler tag so they don't flood the thread.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed May 04, 2016 12:02 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:
Vistora wrote:

You won't have to spam links if you know how to do it.
You copy the url and the click the url code button, insert an = and paste the link. Put something in between the tags to serve as the linked text. It should look like this:
Code: Select all
[url=what.jpg]link text here[/url]
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Cumberlanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cumberlanda » Fri May 06, 2016 3:40 pm

So I was thinking on the ships that take people to the S U P A M O O N, and a few ideas came to mind on the ships themselves. What ships would actually land on the surface

1: Ark ships, as mentioned. A lot of people, in some sort of stasis, run by AIs for a very long time. Propulsion is likely solar sail. Probably unable to land on the surface, won't survive reentry.

2: Scouting ships sent in advance of Ark Ships, which would likely be smaller and thus able to land on the diverse surface of Novaluna. Chances are that several crews were sent to several planetary systems as the ship moseyed around the galaxy, and Novaluna is just one of many.

3: Ships like from Interstellar, that find a wormhole and shoot some dudes through it because yolo (literally the only way anyone from Cumberlanda could get there)

4: the more logical solution that I haven't thought of yet.
Bundes'ka o Cumberlanda
The Sentinel:Honestly I am looking for a better signature format because this one is hot garbage
Please look at these if you wish to comment on my nation. NS Stats are not the best.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri May 06, 2016 4:00 pm

I guess to shore up and round off our current menageie of taxonomic kingdoms of life, I will add at least two more, both of which are fairly generic in nature.

Amplivitae - Quite similar to algae and protists, amplivites often exist in large colonies of individual organisms or simple agglomerate organisms, and are found nearly everywhere across Novaluna. They are diverse, adaptable, numerous, and are often consumed as a source of food by many other creatures.

Quasicytae - An obvious and necessary extant precursor to life, the quasicytes are Novalunar bacteria. They are quite similar to Terran bacteria in form and function, adopting to a vast variety of roles in the ecosystems they inhabit.

I now challenge everybody else to try and come up with another kingdom of lifeformes o perhaps add. Remember, it has to be distinct and original, otherwise it might as well be a sub-classification of one of the present kingdoms.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Fri May 06, 2016 4:02 pm

hydracoral
Factbook - Trobojka

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri May 06, 2016 4:02 pm

Cumberlanda wrote:So I was thinking on the ships that take people to the S U P A M O O N, and a few ideas came to mind on the ships themselves. What ships would actually land on the surface

1: Ark ships, as mentioned. A lot of people, in some sort of stasis, run by AIs for a very long time. Propulsion is likely solar sail. Probably unable to land on the surface, won't survive reentry.

2: Scouting ships sent in advance of Ark Ships, which would likely be smaller and thus able to land on the diverse surface of Novaluna. Chances are that several crews were sent to several planetary systems as the ship moseyed around the galaxy, and Novaluna is just one of many.

3: Ships like from Interstellar, that find a wormhole and shoot some dudes through it because yolo (literally the only way anyone from Cumberlanda could get there)

4: the more logical solution that I haven't thought of yet.

So far, we've settled on our Ark ships being of the Sleeper variety, propelled by methods far better for such massive constructs than solar sails, that carry at least one onboard shuttle for ferrying the crew up and down.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri May 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:hydracoral

m80m8, that's too specific. Hydracoral could probably fit under Pansarcae.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Fri May 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Hey how about a silicon species

LIVING CRYSTALS

think about it
Factbook - Trobojka

Cumberlanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cumberlanda » Fri May 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Vistora wrote:
So far, we've settled on our Ark ships being of the Sleeper variety, propelled by methods far better for such massive constructs than solar sails, that carry at least one onboard shuttle for ferrying the crew up and down.

Alright, makes sense. I'd say it also should have some smaller scout ships for preliminary exploration. It would be easier to send down 10 in a ship of that size than 10 in a ship that could hold upwards of 1000.
Bundes'ka o Cumberlanda

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents