NATION

PASSWORD

Novaluna One Exocolonial RP [OOC/PMT/SEMI-OPEN/Attn REC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Novaluna One Exocolonial RP [OOC/PMT/SEMI-OPEN/Attn REC]

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Novaluna One

Novaluna
Alright, here is the OOC discussion thread for the REC's extrasolar colonial roleplay, currently in its blastular stage. Very, very little has been pinned down thus far, but as more is decided, this OP will evolve to reflect this.

Synopsis [subject to change]: Fleeing the terrible consequences of its arrogance, humanity looks to the stars for a fresh start, a new beginning. Setting off in their massive Ark ships to worlds unknown, many groups and factions take off into the void in search of that coveted clean slate. Many set their sights on a promising candidate moon orbiting a gas giant many lightyears away. Here, they arrive at Novaluna. Discovering a verdant world filled with exotic life, they set up shop and soon begin to progress, develop, and expand, each in pursuit of a unique goal.

RP Rules and Regulations (subject to heavy revision):
  1. At least in the first stages, this is STL-only. This is a PMT RP first and foremost.
  2. Keep things balanced. It's likely we'll all start out at approximately the same level of tech development, so no "FT megafleet but with STL propulsion" nonsense.
  3. All participants will begin as humans, without exception. No anthropomorphic ponies. This rule is non-negotiable.

World Information

Mean Radius: 4.219 x 106 m
Circumference: 2.651 x 107 m
Surface Area: 2.237 x 1014 m2
Volume: 3.146 x 1020 m3
Density: 5.514 x 103 kg/m3
Surface Gravity: 6.5 m/s2

Plains: Geographically characterized by flat savannahs and rolling hills, this biome is generally quite safe and nondescript, containing few dangerous creatures and characterized by large "grass" lands of small pseudophytes.

Pansarcid: As a completely contiguous bio-landmass, characterized by the unique pansarcid species, this biome is almost "alive", acting as a single colonial superorganism. Docile by default, but horrifying when adequately provoked. See previous description for more details.

Jungle: Densely populated with Pseudophyte vegetation resembling a thick tropical rainforest, this biome is one of the most vibrant on the entire moon, as well as on of the most dangerous, given its sheer scope of deadly predators and poisonous plants.

Ice Mount: Located in polar and high-altitude regions, this biome consists of vast glacial mountains, a bitterly cold climate, and a sparse population of Pseudophytes and Zooforms evolved to survive in its harsh weather.

Volcanic: Characterized by heavy volcanic activity, including regular low-intensity eruptions, lava flows, and thermal vents. Due to its hostility it is mostly devoid of life, except for specialized "ash forests" of specially evolved Pseudophytes and Zooforms.

Desert: Extremely hot and arid, with notable sand dune seas speckled with massive patches of rocky sandstone eroded into vast, exotic shapes. Life here is sparse, yet extremely hardy and adaptable, having evolved numrous traits to survive the broiling climate.

Littoral: The shallow areas near coastlines and in rivers and lakes, this biome contains clear, crystalline waters and vibrant, colorful wildlife reminiscent of tropical coral reefs on Earth. Though few creatures of enormous size inhabit these waters, they can be dangerous nonetheless.

Oceanic: Located in the areas far out to sea and deep into its murky depths, this biome contains many mysterious creatures, be they small, large, or incredibly vast, ranging from just below the surface to its deepest, darkest reaches.

Toxic Swamp: Filled with an incredibly dense, toxic, corrosive fog and brimming with lethal flora and fauna, this hostile biome is ill-suited to those not adequately prepared to face down its myriad dangers.

Thunderstone: Characteried by nigh-constant wind and incredibly frequent lightning storms, this biome is a mountainous, rocky, relatively arid locale notable for its subsurface deposits of magnetic rare-earth alloys.

Catalogued by taxonomic kingdom

Pseudophytae (Sing: Pseudophyte, Plur: Pseudophytes): Dedicated autotrophic carbon-fixers, these organisms heavily resemble Earthern plants in many ways, including the use of fibrous compounds for structure and photosynthesis for energy. They are found in varying densities across nearly every biome on Novaluna.

Zooformae (Sing: Zooform, Plur: Zooformes): Strictly heterotrophic, these creatures most resemble Earthen animals in their biology. They typically possess rapid, agile movement (relative to other kingdoms), sensory and nervous systems, and complex internal structures. They inhabit every biome on Novaluna, having evolved traits to deal with each environment's challenges.

Pansarcae (Sing: Pansarcid, Plur: Pansarcids): Extremely adaptable, these mixotrophic organisms draw energy from every available source in their environments, and are notable for their massive agglomerative colony-biomes in which nervous and vascular systems are connected as one superorganism. They are, however, found in other biomes in much lower concentrations.

Amplivitae (Sing: Amplivite, Plur: Amplivites): Quite similar to algae and protists, amplivites often exist in large colonies of individual organisms or simple agglomerate organisms, and are found nearly everywhere across Novaluna. They are diverse, adaptable, numerous, and are often consumed as a source of food by many other creatures.

Quasicytae (Sing: Quasicyte, Plur: Quasicytes): An obvious and necessary extant precursor to life, the quasicytes are essentially Novalunar bacteria. They are quite similar to Terran bacteria in form and function, adopting to a vast variety of roles in the ecosystems they inhabit. The can inhabit any enviroment another organism can and many others they cannot.

Last edited by Vistora on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:24 am, edited 13 times in total.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Bedemslavia reporting in, gopniks will rule another planet
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

Nayba Collective
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nayba Collective » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:Bedemslavia reporting in, gopniks will rule another planet

Hmn. Are we talking Makinaverse-canon Bedemslavia, or an adjusted variant? Calibration question for whether / how much to alter Nayba.
ネバ族
The Nayba Collective [PMT]

Human-alien hybrid cyborgs living underground in the frozen wastes, hunting alien beasts.
Like Nayba Collective? Check out Eisen, Nayba's new home.

Requiem Station
Secretary

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Requiem Station » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:05 pm

So, how are we going to justify all these nations from different canons landing on the same planet?
REQUIEM STATION
Another Ark, for Another Time.

Authoritarian quasi-fascist fanatical pseudo-utopia set in 2213
This nation exists within the glorious realm of Outer Space, where no one can hear NS stats.
Doesn't represent my views in the least.

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Requiem Station wrote:So, how are we going to justify all these nations from different canons landing on the same planet?

Interested in what Vistora has to say, but one option is some retrofitting into a vague, handwavey PMT Earth.
Another option is that multiversal stuff has some kind of auto-tech-limiting, which is why MT nations in International Waters aren't being loldestroyed by Generic Omniversal Dominators.
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Requiem Station
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Requiem Station » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Ashkera wrote:
Requiem Station wrote:So, how are we going to justify all these nations from different canons landing on the same planet?

Interested in what Vistora has to say, but one option is some retrofitting into a vague, handwavey PMT Earth.
Another option is that multiversal stuff has some kind of auto-tech-limiting, which is why MT nations in International Waters aren't being loldestroyed by Generic Omniversal Dominators.

Perhaps various PMT nations were all attempting the colonise planet's in their home universe, and some kind of eldritch god sent them all to the same planet because they thought it would be amusing. That way we could easily justify the presence of various alien species.
REQUIEM STATION

This nation exists within the glorious realm of Outer Space, where no one can hear NS stats.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Well, the general idea is that it was a joint effort from one Earth. Besides, the way things are looking, there's a chance that each participant will start out fairly similar to one-another, and evolve into their nations as time goes on. Or not. Basically, we do what all non-FT nations do when interacting with extra-canonical nations and just, for the purposes of that RP, pretend we're from the same place.

Ashkera wrote:

Well, I don't think the presence of multiversal technology would be canon. And obviously it has a tech limitation, for balance purposes as well as constraint to the narrative.

Requiem Station wrote:Perhaps various PMT nations were all attempting the colonise planet's in their home universe, and some kind of eldritch god sent them all to the same planet because they thought it would be amusing. That way we could easily justify the presence of various alien species.

No.
Last edited by Vistora on Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Requiem Station
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Requiem Station » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Vistora wrote:

Well, the general idea is that it was a joint effort from one Earth. Besides, the way things are looking, there's a chance that each participant will start out fairly similar to one-another, and evolve into their nations as time goes on. Or not. Basically, we do what all non-FT nations do when interacting with extra-canonical nations and just, for the purposes of that RP, pretend we're from the same place.

Well, I suppose we could make that work.
REQUIEM STATION

Neonymphonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neonymphonia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Tagging for future reference. What would a nubile planet be without some sexy treehuggers to colonize it?
Liked my factbook before? Well, then check out just how much better the new one is.

Proud member of Novaluna One, and proud partner-in-crime with Vistora

Haja-Mishu wrote:“She’s a real life sex wizard”

Rouran
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rouran » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Can I join? No?
ROURANVERSE
"United as One Power!"
Rouran Embassy ProgramKoronaverse's Jukebox!
亞 ROURAN NETWORK NEWS 亞 (Advertisement) Eientei Gensokyo's Jukebox!Saikousoku Fall in Love (Monster Musume Opening) added into Koronaverse's Jukebox!
Copyright belongs to Koronaverse Overwatch

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Rouran wrote:Can I join? No?

Of course you can join.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Nayba Collective wrote:
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:Bedemslavia reporting in, gopniks will rule another planet

Hmn. Are we talking Makinaverse-canon Bedemslavia, or an adjusted variant? Calibration question for whether / how much to alter Nayba.

I dunno

Maybe I'll put Slavenski Federacija into action
Factbook - Trobojka

Requiem Station
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Requiem Station » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Does anyone have any ideas for their colony ships?

I was thinking of using something similar to the Venture Star from Avatar, as its the only PMT interstellar spacecraft I can think of.
REQUIEM STATION

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Requiem Station wrote:Does anyone have any ideas for their colony ships?

I was thinking of using something similar to the Venture Star from Avatar, as its the only PMT interstellar spacecraft I can think of.

I'm going to draw my own

With inkscape I am omnipotent
Factbook - Trobojka

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Neonymphonia wrote:Tagging for future reference. What would a nubile planet be without some sexy treehuggers to colonize it?

Speaking of Neonymphonia - psionics? Yes, or no? I can do either.
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Ashkera wrote:
Neonymphonia wrote:Tagging for future reference. What would a nubile planet be without some sexy treehuggers to colonize it?

Speaking of Neonymphonia - psionics? Yes, or no? I can do either.

Perhaps yes, but that would be a mid-later stage technology.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Requiem Station wrote:Does anyone have any ideas for their colony ships?

That's actually what's in the OP image. The Venture Star approaching Pandora.

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:51 pm

The glorious Alexandrian Empire has arrived.

Are there any unobtanium-related issues to confront with the several canons that are going to be meshing?
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Novum Alexandria wrote:The glorious Alexandrian Empire has arrived.

Are there any unobtanium-related issues to confront with the several canons that are going to be meshing?

There have been a few concerns over cross-canon interaction, but given the removed setting of the RP I don't anticipate there being any real issue.

Neonymphonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neonymphonia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Vistora wrote:
Ashkera wrote:Speaking of Neonymphonia - psionics? Yes, or no? I can do either.

Perhaps yes, but that would be a mid-later stage technology.

So I guess that mean we probably won't be starting out with it, then? I can work with that.
Liked my factbook before? Well, then check out just how much better the new one is.

Proud member of Novaluna One, and proud partner-in-crime with Vistora

Haja-Mishu wrote:“She’s a real life sex wizard”

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Vistora wrote:
Novum Alexandria wrote:The glorious Alexandrian Empire has arrived.

There have been a few concerns over cross-canon interaction, but given the removed setting of the RP I don't anticipate there being any real issue.

Good, good. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to using the original Alexandrians, before Aevum's plot advanced to such a degree that they all became synths and robutts. On a thoroughly related note, I'm casting my unofficial vote for a long term setting where technology actually advances and the colonies get a decent time span to develop.
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Novum Alexandria wrote:
Vistora wrote:

Good, good. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to using the original Alexandrians, before Aevum's plot advanced to such a degree that they all became synths and robutts. On a thoroughly related note, I'm casting my unofficial vote for a long term setting where technology actually advances and the colonies get a decent time span to develop.

Yeah, that seems to be the general direction in which things are moving. That way, we all start on fairly even ground with time to grow, advance, and (most importantly) diversify.

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:33 pm

so no multiversal tech

how do i explain how the gopniks appear
Factbook - Trobojka

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:so no multiversal tech

how do i explain how the gopniks appear

They'd be a part of the initial colonial fleet to arrive at Terranova One (we can change the name whenever). Obviously we can't have multiversal tech, as that defecates all over the idea of PMT, but I don't see what the issue is here.

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:40 pm

I believe the point of contention it's not as easy to put some nations on this canon's Erf and have it make sense as it is for others. Probably.
Last edited by Novum Alexandria on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents