NATION

PASSWORD

Zelphosian Civil War [MT, PRIVATE, See OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Zelphosian Civil War [MT, PRIVATE, See OOC]

Postby Zelphos » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Two lions cannot be the king of the jungle, the same rule applies to human governments. There cannot be two kings, two presidents, two leaders of a nation. New ideas cannot be made into reality without change, without a different form of government, without a ruler.

"..nonsense, our form of government is superior, why should we bother changing it?"

"..senators, calm down. Do not be senile fools, if we are to.."

"..imbecile, we are here today as a democracy to talk about abolishing democracy?!"

Supreme General Azur Merik, fourth-in-command of the Zelphosian Armed Forces, had called into question the efficiency of democracy, and the legitimacy of appointing a sole ruler to lead them all. He, a superior tactician, had managed to influence 3/4 of the entire Zelphosian Armed Forces, and have petitioned the government to hold a hearing about changing the government type to a dictatorship.

"Senators, lend me your ears." He stepped onto the podium, overlooking all of the senate. "Democracy.. is a nice thing, I'll be honest, but just how efficient is this government? Together, we get things, yes, but how fast do we make changes to our nation? How many conflicts must we go into because you all think 'it's the right thing to do'? I'm proposing to make change to our system, a change to an absolute dictatorship so that we may get things down quickly, and more efficiently. We won't appoint senile fools to have control of Zelphos, no, we will appoint a man with wisdom, with integrity, with honor. Imagine the things we can do if we could enact new ideas immediately? Security and efficiency will be improved significantly, and we may be able to find peace." He stepped down from the podium, taking a seat.

"You miserable rat! You're trying to continue what the traitor Marv started years ago!" The senate threw insults and rose in uproar at this 'preposterous' speech.

Azur Merik walked back onto the podium, and cleared his throat. "Senators, I am nothing like Marv, he was a senile old fool who knew nothing about politics. I'm speaking of change, a better change for our people!" They continued to yell in fury, and began to throw projectiles at him, leaving him ducking every few seconds.

"I gave you all a chance to change your ways for the better of Zelphos.." His face began to darken. "..but I see that you all have become corrupted..you have all blinded, and I will not allow this corruption to plague this nation any longer." He took a radio from his pocket, and muttered into it.

Shortly afterwards, the main doors of the senatorial building burst open, with hundreds of soldiers in separate single-file lines, marching into the building. The lines of soldiers turned towards the senators, and pointed their rifles at them.

The National Chairman of the Senate stood up from his seat, "This is madness, Merik. If you do this, President Smith will surely bring destruction upon you!" He shook his fist in the air.

Merik walked down the podium, and looked straight at the senator, "President Smith is already dead, along with the stubborn Vice President of his. The Armed Forces belong to me, and I'll be damned if some old fool tries to stop this glorious revolution." He took a revolver out, and pointed it to his head.

"Wait, wait..!" The senator held his hands in front of him, gesturing him to stop. "Merik, don't do this. If you continue down this path, many of our people will be killed..." He gulped, "We have many allies, you know that.. you will surely perish..don't do it Merik..!"

He smiled, and cocked the revolver. "Dead governments do not have allies, nor do you." The senator's eyes widened, and he held his hands in front of his face. "No, don't!" The crackle of a revolver is heard throughout the building, and the man fell onto the ground, dead, and spewing blood from the hole in his forehead.

Merik walked onto the podium, with some blood on his face, and looked at the horrified senators before him. "Kill them, kill them all." The building was then filled with the noise of terror, and the noise of fear.

He looked to one of his soldiers, "Tell my fellow generals to recruit other nations to join our cause, in return, we shall offer much lumber from the once protected forests. Also, tell them that we offer oil and the riches that still dwell beneath Zelphos."

"It shall be done, Lord Merik." He walked away, passing the corpses of the senators.

Merik smiled, and stepped off the podium. He began to walk out of the building to begin his new glorious revolution.

After the broadcasts of Azur Merik declaring himself to be the sole ruler of Zelphos, loyalist troops have deserted the military, and have took it upon themselves to fortify the Northern Region of Zelphos, and to defend democracy. The remaining/alive Zelphosians that were part of the Smith Administration have fled north in an attempt to preserve the ideas of democracy, and to take back Elysia, the capital of Zelphos.

Lykaon Lanne, former Secretary of State, has been chosen to lead the loyalists, and has been declared the President of Zelphos. Their 'temporary' capital has been chosen to be Bensburgh, and already they have taken residence in the bunkers hidden beneath the city. The loyalists on Queen Helen Island have seized the island along with the arsenal, and prepare for war with the 'traitors'.

"President Lanne, what will we do?" His secretary spoke, obviously frightened by the whole incident. Lanne scratched his beard, and straightened his posture. "Send several messages to the international community, appealing for help. Do not reveal our location, but tell them what has happened to Zelphos." The secretary nodded, and immediately began typing on an old rusty computer.

RULES FOR THIS INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT
  • I am the one and only OP , my word means law.
  • No one liners
  • Be REALISTIC, 100,000 men cannot appear in the middle of the nation of Zelphos without transportation, no?
  • Deploy less than 160,000 troops
  • No nukes
  • No godmodding
  • You must fill out the short application on the OOC thread before joining, otherwise you will be ignored
  • HAVE FUN

OOC THREAD: Zelphosian Civil War OOC
MAP: Map of Zelphos (Sorry about the quality!)

Pick a side. Choose to support the newly formed government, the alive but overthrown government, or.. perhaps make profit from these territories...?

Azurites/'True Government'
150,000 Troops
Access to majority of Zelphosian Arsenal (T-14 Armata's, MiG 31's, etc,.)
Control over Capital, Southern, and Jorask Island areas
High Morale

Loyalists/Democracy Government

Access to miniority of Zelphosian Arsenal (AMX Leclerc, A-10 Thunderbolt II, T-91 Armory)
40,000 Troops
Access to Queen Helen Island
Low Morale

Neutral
Take an opportunity to overthrow both governments and make your own claim
Supply both nations with food, send peacekeepers to defend civilians
or... let thy will do as thy wishes
Last edited by Zelphos on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:27 am

A smallish little bump for thy ducks

Avrellon
Envoy

Founded: Jan 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Avrellon » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:28 am

Department of Foreign Relations
Federal Republic of Avrellon

The Federal Republic of Avrellon strongly condemns the reprehensible, treasonous, and grossly illegal actions undertaken by General Azur Merik and his co-conspirators. Our government will not tolerate such actions against a fellow democracy, and declares the following ultimatum:

If General Merik does not publicly reaffirm the rightful sovereignty of President Lykaon Lanne within twenty-four (24) hours of the reception of this notice, and subsequently disband his forces and hand himself over to the loyalist authorities, the Federal Republic of Avrellon will commence immediate and full-scale military action against General Merik's forces, with the objective of restoring democratic control of Zelphos.

Sincerely,

Mr. Bituhak Jarya
Foreign Affairs Secretary,
The Federal Republic of Avrellon:
"FULLY INTERVENTIONIST LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC INTERNATIONALIST NEOCONSERVATISM"

DEFCON Level: DEFCON 5: No major foreign military threats.
THREATCON Level: THREATCON DELTA: Substantial risk of terrorist attacks.

Proper classification of the country is "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy." Check the Factbook for actual stats.
Unironic center-right neocon/neoliberal globalist shill.

Cesopium
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cesopium » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:31 am

In the chapterhouse of the VIII, The Eighth Legion located within the capital of Zelphos, Elysia. The unit had been formed from a agreement made between the government and Cesopium as the results of the civil war prior to this one in General Marv's rebellion. 20,000 men made this Legion, but when the time of the rebellion came only 6,500 had been around Elysia, while the others were either needed in Cesopium or in other smaller camps in the woodlands of Zelphos the government had comissioned.

Legate Gotthard Lampe, a Cesopiumian-born man was head of this Legion, in his right mind he knew he could not possibly take on either faction alone in the struggle and needed to buy time for a few more of the Legions to arrive which had ever since the civil war had grown to over numbers 30. Although, if they were all ever assembled the numbers could reach over 600,000. He also knew that they had a sizeable expeditionary force to come into the war if need be to maintain order.

But for now, he chose to remain neutral along with his Zelosian-made Legionnaires. Some of whom had which defected to their own personal agendas, but that numbered only up to 1,200, nothing to big of a loss. From his Chapterhouse in Elysia he would say today.

We of Cesopium, promise to maintain order in this land to prevent massacres and unfair treatment to all. We will supply refugees with water and food. Hopefully this conflict can solve itself and not lead to a bloody stalemate like the one before.

Back in Cesopium, a large expeditionary force is readied to bring itself into action if the relations go south.
Last edited by Cesopium on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:03 am

Avrellon wrote:
Department of Foreign Relations

The Federal Republic of Avrellon strongly condemns the reprehensible, treasonous, and grossly illegal actions undertaken by General Azur Merik and his co-conspirators. Our government will not tolerate such actions against a fellow democracy, and declares the following ultimatum:

If General Merik does not publicly reaffirm the rightful sovereignty of President Lykaon Lanne within twenty-four (24) hours of the reception of this notice, and subsequently disband his forces and hand himself over to the loyalist authorities, the Federal Republic of Avrellon will commence immediate and full-scale military action against General Merik's forces, with the objective of restoring democratic control of Zelphos.

Sincerely,

Mr. Bituhak Jarya
Foreign Affairs Secretary,

Elysia, Zelphos
Former Presidential Palace

"Lord Merik, sir."

Azur turned his attention away from the map of Zelphos, and stared at his adviser. "What is it?"

"We've received a telegram from the Federal Republic of Avrellon, a threatening message to you, sir." He hands the telegram to Merik, and he gradually reads it.

"..with the objective of restoring democratic control to Zelphos." He places the telegram on the table, and takes a seat in Smith's previous office.

"They are currently no concern, but I am worried about our internal affairs. Do we have any embassies of any sort in our territory?"

His adviser digs through the pile of paperwork before taking a file out, and examining the contents. "It appears we have a.. chapterhouse located in Elysia, made up primarily of Cesopium."

He sighs, and drinks out of his coffee mug. "I want eyes on that chapterhouse, along with our military grade radar systems to be online 24/7. Send Avrellon a telegram stating that we will stand firm, blah blah, what I am interesting in is our recruitment for the Zelphosian Armed Forces. How many do we have?"

"Our numbers have risen to, um, 150,000 I believe, according to the reports, sir."

"Excellent, now we have a foothold if any other nations decide to, ahh, intervene." He takes a sip from his mug, "How goes our internal affairs?"

"According to our internal relations officer, we have a, um, riot going on at the outskirts of Zelphos, sir."

"Hmm, dispatch the riot guard to quell the riot, and start broadcasting promises to the people of Zelphos about the good things that will happen in the future. Just get it done."

His adviser nodded, and tripped on his way out of the office.

To: Avrellon Department of Foreign Relations
Encryption: NONE

To whom it may concern,
Although realizing the seriousness of the telegram previously sent to the newly established government of Zelphos, we cannot yield to you. We find that it is in our best interests if we immediately focus on internal affairs, which leads to our objection to your threats.

We would prefer if we had no conflict between our nations, or if you were to extend the warning period beyond 24hrs.

Signed,
General Azur Merik

Bensburgh
Military Bunker

"Mister Lykaon, we have reports of rioting occurring in the outskirts of Elysia."

Lykaon dismissed his military advisers, and took the messengers report. The bunker was 20ft underground, which provided substantial protection against bombing and invasion. Recently, their numbers have risen to 55,000, although they are barely equipped with the necessary supplies to make a dent in the enemy forces.

"Hmm, I see. My guess is that Merik will dispatch the riot units in an attempt to quell them without making international news. Hell, already Merik has promised good wages to those who join his military, and no doubt some have taken it." He set the report down, and stretched his neck. "Unfortunately, Cesopium cannot interfere unless they have a reason to, which means we cannot take any further action."

"Sir, the fleet that was dispatched to fight the Skellig Empire.. It's returning to Zelphos."

"Shit. I want the soldiers on Queen Helen Island to immediately fortify themselves inside the fort, or to go into a bunker if necessary. That island is our only foothold in this conflict, and I'll be damned if we lose it." Lykaon barged out of the conference room, and walked down the full corridors.

"Sir, our communications relay is still being worked on, what are your orders?" Another messenger walked with Lykaon, barely pacing with him.

"Screw the relay. Get as many people as you can on the eastern coast, and prepare for battle." He nodded, and parted ways.

Last edited by Zelphos on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:15 am

Agent Watson, somewhere inside the senate building(probably a supply closet)
"Senator stay here, I will return with a way out for you and the rest of the survivors. Your family will be secure as best as we can." His watch pulsed once and he began to exit. "Godspeed." He muttered before walking to a now empty deserted office of a senator and pulled out a small radio from a safe in the wall, activating it. "Overlord one, the bacon has fried. I repeat, the bacon has fried." "Roger that pan, your mission has been authorized." With that he pulled an Uzi from his jacket and retrieved the hiding senator." Come quickly, our ride is here and we only have a few missions before the window closes. Together they sprinted towards a sewer exit and after a trek through it arrived at a small boat. "Take care, I have further business to take care of."

President Johgs, Pillowgrad
"Sir, our asset has activated and is beginning his mission." Glancing at the folders with the reports on the latest numbers in the other conflicts the nation was involved in. "Well we don't have massive amounts of men to spare at the moment but we have plenty of material. Prepare a message and begin airlifting supplies and weapons to the remaining government."

[box]
Department of State, Republic of Pillowlandia
Greetings President Lanne,
The current conflict in your nation is...unfortunate. Alas we are supported to the cause of democracy and the representation of the peoples freedom. As such we have begun an airlift mission to supply you materials for your efforts. Best of luck.

President Johgs
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Gorgraq Consociation
Envoy

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Support for General Azur Merik

Postby Gorgraq Consociation » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:24 pm

The Gorgraq Consociation will support the forces of General Merik, it will do this by sending weapons and military equipment to the Generals forces by sea and air. In addition to this the equivalent of 3.2 billion dollars will be sent to give General Azur Merik economic support. A naval task force has also been dispatched containing 10 battleships, 10 destroyers, 3 aircraft carriers, 5 submarines and troop transports which hold 20,000 soldiers and 100 Merkava tanks, it is due to arrive in a 4 days to support General Azur Merik.

In the mean time weapons and money will be given to Merik and 2 B2 spirit long range stealth bombers will be scrambled on a raid to strike democratic rebel airfields with cluster bombs to destroy planes and aid General Merik achieve aerial superiority.

Gorgraq tanks:
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/moder ... kIV_HD.jpg
Last edited by Gorgraq Consociation on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:00 am, edited 8 times in total.

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Elysia, Zelphos
Palace of Azur

Merik was seated upon his throne, listening to the criminal before him give a plea for his life. His messenger approached him, but he was immediately told to wait by his newly formed Royal Guard.

"..I started the riot, I admit, but I did it because I was delusional, I obey the one true lord of Zelphos, m'lord. Please, do not kill me, I have a family.."

Merik held up his hand to silence him, and rose from his throne. "You are to be sentenced to life in prison for treason against the sole ruler of Zelphos. Your family will be sent to Nethius, the poorest city in Zelphos."

"Please, no! At least keep my family here in Elysia! No!" Two guards grabbed the man by the shoulders, and forcefully dragged him to another chamber of the palace. Merik beckoned the messenger forth to show him the message.

"Ahh, you bring good news, messenger. The Gorgraq Consociation sends support to protect and to recognize us as a legitimate government!" He took a sip of vodka, and sat down. "Have the ports of Elysia open only for the Gorgraq's, and double the security at the perimeter of the city. I want a nice welcome party for our newly found allies." He noticed that the messenger was still there, and he raised an eyebrow, "Is there anything else I need to know about?"

"Lord Merik, we've intercepted a telegram going through a non-secure line, the telegram is for Lykaon Lanne." The messenger handed him a slip of paper, and Azur immediately opened it.

"Pillowlandia, airlifting supplies to the rebels?" He crumbled the paper, and threw it to the ground. "No matter, they pose no threat to us. Continue to amass a larger army, and begin manufacturing more T-14 Armatas."

The messenger bowed his head, and hurried out of the palace.

Bensburgh, Northern Region
Military Bunker

"Mr. President, we've received a telegram from Pillowlandia."

Lykaon walked up to the messenger, and grabbed the slip from his hands, and read it. The situation in Northern Zelphos has gotten worse. Many civilians had appealed to Lykaon to provide food, safety, and medicine. They had no such supplies, which led to some Zelphosians to migrate to the Capital and Southern regions.

"..to supply you materials for your efforts. Best of luck." Lykaon looked at his messenger, and smiled. "This is great news. Prepare a telegram, and tell them to send these supplies to Nele."

"Yes sir." The messenger walked away, heading straight for the communications office.

To: Department of State, Republic of Pillowlandia
Encryption: MAXIMUM

We thank you for this generous offer, and we gladly accept. We ask for food and medicine so that we may keep the population happy, and if you are willing, we request a steady supply of weaponry to combat the rebels.

Direct all supplies to Nele, the coastal city of the Northern Region.

Signed,
President Lykaon Lanne

Cesopium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cesopium » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Back in Cesopium, the military was alerted of the situation from a a message sent by Gotthard Lampe in the chapterhouse all the way in Elysia. While Lampe himself had begun recalling all of the 18,800 all of the Legionnaires back to near Elysia under the official order to act as peacekeepers. Meanwhile back in Cesopium, a message is sent to the lonely Queen Helen Island that the Loyalists find themselves protected in, sending them a sort of contract:

To:Loyalists of Zelphos
Encryption:Maximum

We see you are in some need of assistance, we will help you once again as we have done in the past against that treacherous Marv. But, in return for our services we ask for this.

1.Legion Chapterhouse construction in all Regional Capitals, a second in Elysia and Queen Helen Island

2.Cede Queen Helen Island after war to Cesopium to be used as a military base.

We hope these terms are far better then being forced to be paying tons of money, forcing you to raise taxes and incite riots against your civilians.

Back in Cesopium, the battle barges of the 14th Army are prepared alongside 2 Battlecruisers and 2 Aircraft carriers with a array of smaller vessels to accompany their attack.

Gorgraq Consociation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Air lift begins

Postby Gorgraq Consociation » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:41 pm

The Gorgraq Consociation has begun it's airlift of men and material. Sea supply convoys have left Xastanok's ports (Xastanok is the capital city of the Gorgraq Consociation). In addition to supplies being flown in a force of 450 soldiers from the Gorgraq Consociation will also be airlifted and deployed to further support General Merik. The Force of soldiers will be airlifted in instalments and should accumulate their full force in two days with the first wave arriving tomorrow morning. The second tomorrow evening and the third and final wave arriving Wednesday morning ready to start operations in Zelphos.
Last edited by Gorgraq Consociation on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gorgraq Consociation
Envoy

Ex-Nation

The approaching Armada

Postby Gorgraq Consociation » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:55 pm

The Gorgraq naval task force designated as the Gorgraq expeditonary Legion (GEL). Has left port and is en route for Zelphos. It is predicted to arrive within a four days. It will attack and storm the beaches of the democratically controlled islands. Blitzkreig tactics will be used to conquer the islands swiftly once captured they will be used as a spring board for an attack on the democratically controlled areas of the Zelphos mainland. During the four day long voyage of the GEL tactics and strategy planning continue to be refined aboard the flagship GCS Gorishna aircraft carrier in preparation for the impending assault in a four days time.
Last edited by Gorgraq Consociation on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aduran
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aduran » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:10 pm

The Presidental Palace,
Diveau Prime, Federal District, Aduran

"Mr. President I know you have a trillion things to do and I'm sorry but I think I need to add this one thing to your list." The new Presidents Chief of Staff said.

"What is it now" The President smirked sarcastically.

"A military coup has taken over the previously democratic elected government of Zelphosian. From intelligence gathered by our operatives, members of the Senate were slaughtered and many loyal government officials were killed. We also know that a faction of rebels have fled to what we believe to be the Northern Regions. We got their call to help today, many other nations have pitched in." The Chief of Staff replied.

"Why isn't the Minister of Foreign Affairs briefing me on this? The President asked.

"She is attending to personal matters, would you like me to call her?" The Chief of Staff replied.

"That won't be necessary Mike" the President paused "What else should I know?"

"The General, Azur Merik has declared himself ruler of Zelphosian, but the loyalists are obviously putting up a fight"

The President stood, we is old but strong and sturdy, nothing gets past him. Thoughts ran through his head as he considered the options and the consequences. He was a critical thinker.

'Send a top secret communication to the loyalists, I want us to send diplomats to the area to negotiate support or lack thereof. I don't want us to go in guns blazing, that'll just hurt more people" the President paused "You have your orders, go execute them."

Office of the President

To: ZELPHOSIAN LOYALISTS
Encryption: TOP SECRET, VERY HIGH

Notice,
We have received your call for help and are ready to act. We wish to protect the tenants of democracy, freedom, justice. The actions done by this wicked general shan't be ignored, and we will take it upon ourselves to bring democracy back to Zelphosian. The first order of business, we wish to establish diplomatic negotiations on the topics of helping the Zelphosian Loyalists achieve their goals. We are ready to do whatever you deem necessary, we wish the best for you and your cause. Please consider our offer. You may designate a place to meet and when these negotiations will happen. Let us solve this problem.

With great sincerity,
Micheal Allarde,
President of Aduran
Last edited by Aduran on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:11 pm

"President Lanne." A messenger placed a file on his desk, and waited for a response.

"Ahh, Cesopium, long time allies of Zelphos." He sorted through the papers, and took a swig of vodka. "I will personally write them a telegram, any who, how goes the situation in Elysia?"

The messenger took out a paper and examined the contents, "It appears that General Merik has made some sort of deal with the Gorgraq Consociation, however it is unknown what type of 'deals' have been made."

"Fair enough. You are dismissed."

The messenger saluted, and walked out of the office, closing the door behind him.

To: Johannes Einhoff, 14th Army Commander of Cesopium

We are delighted that Cesopium is offering assistance to the true government of Zelphos, and we would like to extend a hand of gratitude in behalf of the loyalists that remain.

We accept the terms you have laid out before us, and are willing to cede Queen Helen Island to Cesopium in return for assistance against the armies of Merik.

However, we must'n take action as of now, for fear that both of our current forces combined cannot handle the sole forces of General Merik. Let us infiltrate their intelligence and forces before making a swift move. Be warned, General Merik is smarter then he appears.

Signed,
President Lanne

Elysia, Outer Rim
Royal Guard Division

Merik got out of his limo, flanked by his Royal Guardsmen. He was going to handle the rioters personally, he had already ordered the rioters to be pushed back into a secluded zone, covered with walls, and stripped of cameras. He approached the police lines, and watched as they pushed back the rioters.

"People of Zelphos, I give you this one and only warning. If you do not cease your rioting, you will be dealt with in a whole other manner." He stood onto a platform, and waited for them to stop. However, after some time, he was quite certain that all 350 Zelphosians would not comply. He got off the platform, and whispered to the police chief. Afterwards, he walked back to his limo, and he was escorted out of the area, heading back to the palace.

"New orders, men. Shoot them all!" First, they were confused, but eventually, one opened fire at the civilians, then the next, and so forth. After the massacre, the men planted weapons on the field of bodies, and even shot one of the officers to make the story look more convincing to the international community.

"Report this to a news center, and have it broadcasted. Let's make this story smooth and obvious that the rioters used lethal force. Make sure the reporters are biased." The men nodded, and walked away from the scene, leaving the majority of riot police to 'check for pulses'.

(OOC: I received Adurans post when this one was posted, give me a minute to reply)
Last edited by Zelphos on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Bensburgh
Underground Military Bunker

Lykaon had just finished replacing the flickering light bulb in his office when his messenger entered his office, and set a telegram on his desk. "You ought to read it, Mr. President."

Lykaon jumped off of his desk, and immediately took a seat, reading the telegram. "Alduran wishes to assist us. aye?" He took out an old typewriter from his cabinet, and blew the dust out of it. He started typing a letter to be sent to the President of Alduran.

"Mr. President, we can type a response for you."

"Nonsense, I'm going to finish it right about.. now." He tore the paper from the typing machine, and gave it to the messenger. "Have it processed and sent to Alduran immediately, preferably with our highest encryption."

The messenger nodded, and walked out of his office.

To: Micheal Allarde; President of Alduran

We are delighted that you are willing to negotiate to retake Zelphos from the rebels, and we would like to extend a hand of gratitude in behalf of the citizens of Zelphos.

We have chosen the location of Nele to negotiate terms. We eagerly await your arrival.

Signed,
President Lykaon Lanne

Aduran
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aduran » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Zelphos wrote:Bensburgh
Underground Military Bunker

Lykaon had just finished replacing the flickering light bulb in his office when his messenger entered his office, and set a telegram on his desk. "You ought to read it, Mr. President."

Lykaon jumped off of his desk, and immediately took a seat, reading the telegram. "Alduran wishes to assist us. aye?" He took out an old typewriter from his cabinet, and blew the dust out of it. He started typing a letter to be sent to the President of Alduran.

"Mr. President, we can type a response for you."

"Nonsense, I'm going to finish it right about.. now." He tore the paper from the typing machine, and gave it to the messenger. "Have it processed and sent to Alduran immediately, preferably with our highest encryption."

The messenger nodded, and walked out of his office.

To: Micheal Allarde; President of Alduran

We are delighted that you are willing to negotiate to retake Zelphos from the rebels, and we would like to extend a hand of gratitude in behalf of the citizens of Zelphos.

We have chosen the location of Nele to negotiate terms. We eagerly await your arrival.

Signed,
President Lykaon Lanne

Presdenal Palace,
Divas Prime, Federal District, Aduran

The Presidnant and a group of advisers entered the chamber. In it, stood a dozen of generals, the Commander of the Joint Chiefs, the Minister of Defense, and former Ambassador Marq Allen. They rose as the President walked in.

"Status Report!" The President barked, he wasn't in a good mood.

"We received a reply" the Minister of Defense handed him a slip of paper, he read it quickly.

"No time to waste, Marq, I want you there to negotiate. I want him protected by our finest guys, Special Squadron, The Nighthawks, whatever we have, do whatever the hell you have to. I want it done" The President beamed as all those in the room stayed silent. "Am I speaking Chinese here, what part of what I just said do you not get? Let's go!"

Faster than ever, everyone left the room.

Nele, Zelphosian

Five heavily armed helicopters descended down to the terrain. As soon as they did, soldiers wearing the most prestigious gear you could find filled out, Ambassador Marq included.

(OOC: I'll be gone for an hour, reply as soon as I can.)

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Nele, Northern Region
Diplomatic Convoy

Three humvees, all camouflaged with leaves and sticks on the sides, approached the helicopters, and examined them. The helicopters appeared to be heavily armed, and already were the soldiers piling out, with a person who appeared to be the ambassador.

"Alright men, our mission is to keep our protectee, Ambassador Sulivan, safe from harm. If they turn out to be hostile, aim for the pilots, and fuck them up!" The soldiers in the lead humvee shouted a 'warcry', and waited for the humvees to come to a stop.

The convoy, stopped 20ft from the helicopters, and Ambassador Sulivan was the first to step out, flanked by the diplomatic guards. 10 guards in total spread out in front of the humvees, their weapons aimed towards the ground. Two guardsmen took each flank, and eyed the Aduranese.

Ambassador Sulivan walked towards their ambassador, and stopped 8ft away from him. "Greetings, Ambassador. It is a delight to see a nation willing to negotiate, even if it's a smaller nation such as yourselves. Any who, state your terms, and we may compromise."

Cantelo
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cantelo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:36 pm

Departameinto do Relasiones Extranyas Canteles
[Department of Cantelese Foreign Relations]

The Cantelese government, under the rule of King Raul II, would like to recognize the government of Azur Merik as the one true legitimate government. If need be, Cantelo will be willing to lend FIFTEEN THOUSAND TO THIRTY THOUSAND [15,000-30,000] expeditionary troops from the Cantelese Army, for a duration of FIVE [5] years. Cantelo will also be willing to donate TWENTY BILLION [20,000,000,000] MONETAS in aid of defense of the Azur Merik regime against insurgents. A response from the NEWLY RECOGNIZED government would be much appreciated.

SIGNED AND APPROVED BY: King Raul II, Duke of Cardona, King of Cantelo & Aragonia, Emperor of the Mediterranean
Forever a Pilgrim; Oviedo - Santiago de Compostela 370km
Kingdom of Cantelo - Reín de Cantelo - Regne de Cantelo - Reialme de Cantelo
At a Glance | Cardona Journal | Queen Isabella I | Parliament of Cantelo | National Anthem of Cantelo
I like making flags for fun, shoot me a telegram if you’d like one made!
Spanish-American college student with an addiction to sushi. Political Compass

Cesopium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cesopium » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:48 pm

In Elysia, with the military action of Cesopium confirmed to Lampe he was told to force the new government to waste its resource upon other things such as the riots. His 18,800 strong Legion is nearly done amassing around Elysia, fully armed. The unit was known fors it mobility, called by the Cesopiumian forces the "Zelosian Zebras". The men rode motorcycles into battle, and then would disappear as quick as they came. Known for attacking a enemy then moving onto a another in a rapid succession.

Meanwhile, using aliases, Lampe hands orders on paper to his 10 most loyal captains of Zelphosian descent. They then follow these orders, instructing their men to hand out surplus hunting rifles and assault weapons to help fight against the usurper government in the riots. Their real names never known just if one of the protesters were caught or interrogated.

Meanwhile back in Cesopium, the Cesopiumian Zelphos Expeditionary Force is prepared. They were broken down into 3 different forces to help attack or support the royalists in 3 different locations all at once.

Northern Task Force
Kirov-class Battlecruiser CSS Volaer
Kiev-class Aircraft Carrier CSS Odyessia
3 Kashin-class Destroyers
5 Grisha-class Corvettes
6 "Battle Barges"
Elements of XL Corps(1st Mechanized Artillery Division,5th Light Infantry Division)

Midland Task Force "Forlorn Hope"
Kiev-class Aircraft Carrier CSS Luxland
4 Kashin-class Destroyers
3 Mirka-class Frigates
7 Grisha-class Corvettes
2 Kilo-class Submarines
12 "Battle Barges"
Elements of XLI Corps(6th Light Infantry Division,7th Light Infantry Division)
Elements of IV Legion

Note to Commanders:"Heavy Resistance expected for assault on shore"

Southern Task Force
Kirov-class Battlecruiser CSS Sydura
2 Kashin-class Destroyers
3 Mirka-class Frigates
4 Grisha-class Corvettes
1 Kilo-class Submarine
4 "Battle Barges"
Elements of XLII Corps(8th Light Infantry Division,1st Jungle Division)

The main plan of battle is to reach Zelphos. Take any rebel settlements in way to regional capitals. If regional capitals are under control by loyalist forces, move onto Elysia.

The orders are given to all respective forces, with the exception of communicating with the VIII Legion stuck inside Zelphos at Elysia. Gotthard Lampe would be informed if time was right. A highly encrypted message containing the Order of Battle for the Invasion of Zelphos. The total amount of men for the Invasion rounds up to a high 140,000 on paper.

The fleets from Cesopium set sail, each splitting up at a center point at sea, heading for their objectives of Nele,Elysia and Norad respectively.

Aduran
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aduran » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Zelphos wrote:Nele, Northern Region
Diplomatic Convoy

Three humvees, all camouflaged with leaves and sticks on the sides, approached the helicopters and examined them. The helicopters appeared to be heavily armed and already were the soldiers piling out, with a person who appeared to be the ambassador.

"Alright men, our mission is to keep our protectee, Ambassador Sulivan, safe from harm. If they turn out to be hostile, aim for the pilots, and fuck them up!" The soldiers in the lead humvee shouted a 'warcry', and waited for the humvees to come to a stop.

The convoy, stopped 20ft from the helicopters, and Ambassador Sulivan was the first to step out, flanked by the diplomatic guards. 10 guards in total spread out in front of the humvees, their weapons aimed towards the ground. Two guardsmen took each flank, and eyed the Aduranese.

Ambassador Sulivan walked towards their ambassador, and stopped 8ft away from him. "Greetings, Ambassador. It is a delight to see a nation willing to negotiate, even if it's a smaller nation such as yourselves. Any who, state your terms, and we may compromise."

"Thank you for accepting our invitation. We are deligted to be here. Now to the point. Aduran would be happy to send troops to aid in your battle for Democracy. But, there is a slight problem." Marq paused "The politics is complicated but our Constitution prohibits the deployment of Aduranese Forces against a sovereign nation without them being a threat to our nation or our allies. And our nations are not technically allies yet. For that reason we are unable to send troops as the situation is now. However, if you become our ally, we will be legally bound to aid in your fight. In layman terms, we require an alliance before troops can be sent."

"Here is what we propose, Aduran shall commit 80,000 of our most well-trained and equipped men and woman to your aid for whatever purposes you need, and we will help you repair any damages caused by this war. Also, we are willing to open a trade and military alliance with your government and recognize it as the true government. In return, we ask that you stay true to the commitment of democracy, and that you place checks on your military. Furthermore, we ask that you set up embassies in Aduran and vise-versa. That is our offer, what is your reply?"
Last edited by Aduran on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:27 pm

To: Cantelese Government
Encryption: Medium

To whom it may concern,
We thank you for expressing your concerns for our nation, and we extend a hand of gratitude to your king and government on behalf of the people of Zelphos. We have seen that you are willing to lend up to 30,000 soldiers, and we would gladly accept to take the maximum amount of troops that are able to be deployed. In return, we will of course give you the minerals and untouched oils below Zelphos when the rebellion is crushed.

Deploy 20,000 soldiers to one of our key cities, Manorel, and the rest to be stationed at Elysia. Our harbors are open to those who will gladly assist us in our cause. Let us build a new world together, and vanquish the old world.

Signed,
General Azur Merik

Bay of Elysia
First Elysian Fleet
The fleet has returned from the Skellig Empire, and is ready to serve the new leader of Zelphos. The previous admiral, Joh, was removed for failing to cooperate with General Merik, and was sentenced to death for treason of the highest order. Their new orders was to protect the city of Elysia, and to maintain order on Zelphosian waters.

Merik was immediately informed of the arrival of the First Elysian Fleet. Their manpower as now totaling to 180,000 troops, which no doubt increased morale across Zelphos. Immediately upon arrival, the soldiers joined the forces of Merik, and their equipment was loaded onto the harbor, awaiting distribution. The damaged aircraft carriers were taken to port for repairs, whilst the battlecruisers patrolled Zelphosian waters.

THE FIRST ELYSIAN FLEET

9 Aircraft Carriers
50 Battlecruisers
15 Submarines
5 Amphibious Assault Carriers
12 Apache AH1's
85 MiG-31's

(OOC: I'll get to your post right away Aduran. Btw, in order to make it more realistic, the troops from the other RP were moved from the Skellig Empire to Zelphos. Broke my own rule. :C)

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:41 pm

"Hmm, what you ask is fitting, I can assume that President Lanne would be satisfied as well." He took a cigar out of his pocket, and lit it, puffing smoke into the air. "Very well, I agree to your terms, along with the establishment of embassies in our capital, Elysia, etcetera. Trade and a military alliance between both our nations even after this civil war is over would be delightful as well. Already our allies are planning under Merik's nose, which happens to bring opportunity to both of our nations."

"Ambassador Sulivan, we have a problem." Sulivan turned around, and raised an eyebrow.

"Well? Spit it out."

"We have reports of rebel military air-crafts flying towards this location, I believe their doing recon."

Sulivan scratched his beard, and extinguished his cigar. "It was nice to meet and all, but I believe it's in both our best interests if we depart. If General Merik finds out that we're discussing terms.. he'll unleash his fury on both of us." Sulivan and his soldiers began to go back to the humvees, "Farewell, perhaps our paths will meet again?" With that, he shut the door, and the humvees roared to life, departing for Bensburgh.
Last edited by Zelphos on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cesopium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cesopium » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:06 pm

The fleets of Cesopium were approaching all to perform their duties, but it was more than likely the Midland fleet would be destroyed in the worse case scenario was it was to assault the shore of Elysia, a predicted defense was made, men would more than likely be lost. As in reports from combat in Skellig had informed them, the fleet had returned and more than likely back to help the new government.

In the North, The Northern Task Force was approaching behind of schedule. But they were coming, behind the Midland Task Force and Southern Task Force. Aircraft carrier CSS Odyessia launches its 12 Yak-38 VTOL aircraft from its deck to patrol ahead of the fleet. 14th Army Commander, Johannes Einhoff was aboard one of the vessels.

In the Midland, Leading the vanguard of the force was a Mirka-class Frigate. It spotted Queen Helen Island, and throughout the night sent morse code messages to the Loyalists upon Queen Helen Island. Soon in the morning, death would be in the water. Their own Yak-38 Squadron was ready for lift off to begin battle.

In the South, the force was approaching in sync with the Midland Force. They expected minor resistance, but not that much as the group labeled "Forlorn Hope". The Kilo-class submarine sent with it was left in the rear to watch for any advancing forces and inform the rest of the force.

Aduran
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aduran » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Zelphos wrote:"Hmm, what you ask is fitting, I can assume that President Lanne would be satisfied as well." He took a cigar out of his pocket, and lit it, puffing smoke into the air. "Very well, I agree to your terms, along with the establishment of embassies in our capital, Elysia, etcetera. Trade and a military alliance between both our nations even after this civil war is over would be delightful as well. Already our allies are planning under Merik's nose, which happens to bring opportunity to both of our nations."

"Ambassador Sulivan, we have a problem." Sulivan turned around, and raised an eyebrow.

"Well? Spit it out."

"We have reports of rebel military air-crafts flying towards this location, I believe their doing recon."

Sulivan scratched his beard, and extinguished his cigar. "It was nice to meet and all, but I believe it's in both our best interests if we depart. If General Merik finds out that we're discussing terms.. he'll unleash his fury on both of us." Sulivan and his soldiers began to go back to the humvees, "Farewell, perhaps our paths will meet again?" With that, he shut the door, and the humvees roared to life, departing for Bensburgh.

"I hope so." Marq said as they left.

"Get us out of here" Marq said as guards escorted him to the helicopters, just in time to escape to a nearby vessel before the recon arrived.

"What's the plan now? one of the attaches asked.

"We need confirmation from President Lanne. If she accepts, we can deploy."

"Don't we need the approval of the Senate?

"We aren't signing a treaty yet, the President will sign an executive order to make Zelphosian a legal ally. When the war is over, we sign a treaty" Ambassador Marq said as they flew towards safety.

Zelphos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zelphos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:21 pm

After hearing faint rumors of Cesopium dispatching naval forces, General Merik was paranoid enough to split the fleet in half, putting 1/2 of the fleet between Elysia and Queen Helen Island, the other portion between Norad and Jorask Island, only leaving one passage through both the islands. The submarine fleet was split into two as well, and were given to both navies. The aircraft carriers were upgraded to include sonar capabilities, and were immediately deployed to 'blockade' Zelphos. Merik believed that even Cesopium wouldn't dare to go through the blockade, or even the passage leading straight to Elysia.

As for the legion chapterhouse in Elysia, he knew better to fight them, or even to evict them from the chapterhouse. Instead, he has enlisted more informants to keep an eye on the chapterhouse, and their communications line were tapped. The borders have been strengthened, and more troops have been evened out between the two regions, leaving Elysia slightly weaker, but still heavily fortified. Manorel was a city he couldn't afford to lose, with all the laboratories and roads that connected all of Zelphos, even the Northern Region, which was a problem he couldn't fix, so the numbers between Fortress Elysium and Manorel were evened out per order of Merik. He didn't know when, who, or where the civil war is going to reach its climax, but he knew hell was coming, for better or for worse.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Agent Watson, Elysia
He walked slowly out of a side door of the senate building, he had completed that part of his mission. Now it was time for his last two operations before he went dark. His first task was simple, just get to the point and recover the film from the riot. He only hoped he wasn't caught, he was armed with several weapons but it would work out best if he was't discovered.

PSS Floating Valkyrie, Nele harbor
The sudden arrival of an unmarked submarine was undoubtedly a surprise to the defenders of the port. Mainly because it had surfaced right alongside a mooring with a crane. The sub was unlike many other subs; it was built to carry large quantities of supplies for various purposes quietly and undetectable. The entire ship was like a bloated ballistic submarine and instead of missile launch systems large hydraulic doors opened up, giving access to its rather vast cargo hold. After the Pillowlandian flag was raised on the mast, the confused guards became markedly less confused and the cranes on the dock began to hurriedly unload the craft, after all it had a tight schedule to keep to.

765th Airborne Brigade, Nele Airport
The massive cargo planes had landed and were a beehive of activity as crew rushed to unload the over 1,000 tons of weapons and armored vehicles. In addition to massive deliveries for the remaining government 5,000 rapid response troops had landed and were preparing to move anywhere in the government controlled lands where they were needed, plus the nearly dozen 6th generation stealth fighters that had been deployed for escort duty were armed with enough weapons to provide close air support for at least several missions. General Connor Oakes had been pulled from another conflict to meet personally with the interim president, he boarded a APC which they had brought and began at once with a small convoy for a meeting.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents