NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout Post-Apocalypse (OOC/Signup)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Limerick Union
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Fallout Post-Apocalypse (OOC/Signup)

Postby Limerick Union » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:04 pm

Settlement RP: Signup/OOC

Welcome,

IC:

The year is 2026, after an energy crisis and environmental disaster, many people in developing nations flee their home countries to the more developed countries, fueling a migration crisis. Tensions arise between the People's Republic of China and the United States over control of the world's remaining energy reserves. India and Pakistan go to war over resources in their border regions. The Russian Govermment collapses as clashes between ultranationalists groups and the Government trigger something short of a Civil War. The European Union is overcome by refugees as many countries leave the Union and close their doors, with rationing taking hold. The PRC then agrees to invade the last frontier for energy after massive protests and rising gas prices, or Alaska. The US vehemently defend their territory and manage to push the Chinese Army back, seeing the end is near and not wanting to face defeat, rogue, nationalist elements in the Chinese Military initiate a nuclear strike against the American Defense in Alaska. This "dirty nuke" pressures a nuclear exchange between the United States and the PRC, as other nuclear-armed nations (Israel, India, Pakistan, Russia, France and the United Kingdom) also unleash nuclear devastation as part of the global policy of mutually assured destruction.

Fast forward 20 years, there is no society to speak of, the principle of survival and every man for himself trumps the norms of the Pre-War World. After the nuclear fallout and the death of billions, only a fraction of the world's population survived and battle for their survival everyday. However, many settlements are rising in the "Wasteland". These settlements will fail and forever be forgotten or will restart society whether it be through war or assimilation.

Application:

Name of Settlement:
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first):
Flag:
Leader:
Military Size: (trend to be very small or nonexistent at first)
History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally):
Territory: (maps would be helpful, descriptions and borders would suffice)
Religion (if applicable):
Form of Government (if applicable):
Language:

Rules:

- No GM'ing of any type
- 2 pages will be 1 year (can be reevaluated later)
- At first, most settlements will be small and will expect challenges.
- Military items are scarce, rationing and Pre-War guns are frequented. No "laser gun" or "hovertank" will be passable.
- Be very realistic and accurate; the whole point of the war was the lack of energy (oil, etc), therefore cars and mechanized vehicles are not feasible. It will take longer to get from Point A to Point B.
- You will need to build a functional society (farming, fresh water supplies, waste disposal, infrastructure, etc), you can't just expect this to be in place.

Themes You May Want to Incorporate

- Nuclear fallout triggers mutations in organisms, especially with prolonged time. You may want to incorporate rogue humans (similar to zombies), animals and different beings that pose a direct challenge to your settlement's survival.
- Other factions and settlements that aren't being controlled by another player may pose a direct threat to your settlement.
- Internal Conflict, you may be in danger because different factions in your settlement may not follow your direction and desire more autonomy.

Military Weapons

- Try to keep weaponry from 2000s and beyond, remember the newest weapons are more scarce and ammunition is even more unavailable because of the nuclear war and lack of mass production.
- Melee weapons will be more frequented.
- Modern day military strategies and techniques may not work and may have been lost since the nuclear devastation.

My Application

Name of Settlement: The Paranoa
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first): 4,500-5,000, outskirts of Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Flag:

Leader: Vinicius Matheus
Military Size: (trend to be very small or nonexistent at first): 500
History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally): Latin America was not spared nuclear devastation especially after Southeastern Brazil and parts of Argentina and Uruguay were flooded by the destruction of Igaçu Falls, urban centers like Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo suffered from chemical attacks and the proliferation of nuclear fallout. Brasilia was carpet bombed and received fallout from nuclear strikes against Goîana and Belo Horizonte. The father of the current leader, Vinicius Matheus, was the former Mayor of the suburban city of São Sebastiaõ and joined the last surviving battalions of the Brazilian Army stationed near Brasilia before rising through the ranks and taking control of the battalion. Vinicius is only eighteen but has been groomed his whole life to attempt to lead the Paranoa to greatness.
Territory: (maps would be helpful, descriptions and borders would suffice): Eastern Banks of Lake Paranoa, 10 miles in longitude, 1 mile in latitude.
Religion (if applicable): None officially, deities have been praised discreetly.
Form of Government (if applicable): Leader appointed by Advisory Council, which is elected by everyone in the military.
Language: Portuguese Creole and Brasileirao (Mostly by the Educated)

Current Map

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:35 am

Name of Settlement: Republic of Kansas
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first): 5,000 people, is located in what was formerly known as Kansas, a state in the USA.
Flag:

Leader: General James Bishop
Military Size: (trend to be very small or nonexistent at first) 250 standing army, with an additional 300 in civilian militias that can be called up if needed.
History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally): Upon the clearing of the bombs the Midwestern USA was relatively untouched. Unable to contact his superiors General James Bishop led a force of 250 elite US Army Rangers off of their base and into central Kansas where they formed a government. Though small in size the Republic has become quite prosperous economically due to it's ability to grow decent amounts of un-irradiated food. This has led to a well fed nation of 5,000 primarily farmers.
Territory: (maps would be helpful, descriptions and borders would suffice) The Central Region of Kansas, USA
Religion (if applicable): People are free to practice any religion
Form of Government (if applicable): Though called a Republic it is led solely by General Bishop, and the rest follows a military chain of command.
Language: English

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:21 am

Name of Settlement: New Germania
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first): 4,000 people, around the area of Berlin
Flag: Image
Leader: Klaus Adler (also known as, "Der Fuhrer"

Military Size: (trend to be very small or nonexistent at first) 100 completely elite soldiers

History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally): During the collapse of the EU and the tensions between China and America, the Nazis which had gone into hiding since 1946 sprang up and attempted to take power, however, when the bombs were launched, most of the world was destroyed, including most of the Nazis. However, some of the Nazis were able to hide in bunkers which they had hid in before to hide from the allies at the end of ww2 (lol, hide used a lot), most of them soldiers sent back to be taken care of because of medical reasons (there are also female soldiers). And so once again they wait. 20 years later, the radiation started to die down, and the Nazis came out of hiding once again, to find the wasteland. After gaining information of what had happend to several strangers they came across, they saw their chance. With most of history and memory of the passed was annihilated in the nuclear winter, the Nazis were no longer remembered as an evil dictatorship of racism and such. They now find to recreate their Reich in this new opportunity. They're are well equipped with weapons they had saved since ww2, and have upgraded them along the years, incorporating tech and such into their arsenal, and even merging it with their weapons. As many of the "Untermensch" had been destroyed in the nuclear wasteland, the Nazis did not really follow that sort of rule anymore, however, they do consider Ghouls (the smart ones) to be a, in some what way, "superior race" as they had been effected by the radiation and were able to survive.

Territory: (maps would be helpful, descriptions and borders would suffice) German regions of Brandenburg, Sachsen-Anhalt, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, and Sachsen.
Religion (if applicable): loyal to the state
Form of Government (if applicable): one supreme ruler and a sort of senate council, or a group that shares power with the fuhrer.
Language: mainly German, but also several other languages.
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Legatum
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Legatum » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Name of Settlement: The Empire of Legatum (remnants)
Population: 15,000 Legatons
Flag:

Leader: His Most Imperial Emperor, Adrian Ketch
Military Size: 750
History: The Empire of Legatum was a major European nation, having strongholds in Great Britain, France, Corsica, Italy, Denmark, Poland, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. However, as a superpower, it dealt and received multiple nuclear blows across the empire. All has been lost, withdrawing the royal family and government ministers to the last stronghold in Southern England.
Territory:

Religion: None officially adopted, majority are however Christian.
Form of Government: Unitary Parliamentary Hereditary Constitutional Monarchy
Language: Legaton
Last edited by Legatum on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DEFCON: 5 (FIVE)

Legatum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Legatum » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Will there be an IC up soon?

Limerick Union
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Limerick Union » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:59 pm

I'll post an IC later tonight (EST 8pm right now), Legaton just adjust your population and military numbers. The Imperial Warglorian Empire creative story, approved; Tongan Coast approved.

Legatum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Legatum » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:30 am

Limerick Union wrote:I'll post an IC later tonight (EST 8pm right now), Legaton just adjust your population and military numbers. The Imperial Warglorian Empire creative story, approved; Tongan Coast approved.

Halved

Bahtar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bahtar » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:23 am

Name of Settlement: Emirate of Mecca
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first): 6,500
Flag:

Leader: Emir Mohammad bin Salman Al-Saud
Military Size: 350-man strong defense force
History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally): Saudi Arabian oil was finally running dry, and the economy had crumbled. The Arabian Peninsula was not spared for it had one of the biggest oil reserves, but when it went dry the fighting turned into mass defecting and panic. Mecca, holy city of Islam, was targeted by a chemical attack during the last days of nuclear exchange. When the chemical attack happened, many Muslim pilgrims were killed and citizens fled in terror. The Al-Saud family, using the last of their wealth had built and underground palace under the Great Mosque. Government officials and high-class citizens were all sheltered underground in their bunker and remained there. They remained for a while until the chemicals were no longer dangerous, nor the radiation. The Saudi King of the time, nearly 90-year old King Salman brought the group of people living underground, numbering 4,500 (the bunker was constructed to hold a large number a people, and was under the grand mosque, so many people were able to get in.) they reoocupied the areas around the Grand Mosque, and began searching for survivors around the city.

They found about 3,000 survivors in the outskirts and in the city itself total, and started a government in the ruins of Mecca, protected by a force of 250 Royal Guard members. They have a vehicular fleet of 2 Humvee's of the former royal guard, but since fuel is so scarce, they are mostly used for defense and are permanently parked in the gates of the city.

Territory: (maps would be helpful, descriptions and borders would suffice) The Emir claims all of Mecca to be under his control.
Religion (if applicable): Islam
Form of Government (if applicable): Emirate (a monarchy)
Language: Arabic
Republic of Bahtar
“Tanrı ve Vatan”
A tiny and beautiful, peaceful island republic which fights against the scourge that is communism and terrorism.

Limerick Union
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Limerick Union » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:52 am

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=372099 here's the IC

Bahtar approved, good story. Legatum, I don't mean to be a killjoy but I would say max 15,000 population just to keep everyone within the same ball park and keep everything fair.

I'm going to be updating the map soon!

Legatum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Legatum » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:20 pm

Limerick Union wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=372099 here's the IC

Bahtar approved, good story. Legatum, I don't mean to be a killjoy but I would say max 15,000 population just to keep everyone within the same ball park and keep everything fair.

I'm going to be updating the map soon!

Edited as needed

Republic of New Jersey
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of New Jersey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Name of Settlement: New Jersey (Sometimes spelt New Jursy.)
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first): 9,000
Flag: The current New Jersey flag.
Leader: Ann B. Mursh
Military Size: (trend to be very small or nonexistent at first): 200
History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally): New Jersey was spared from the actual blasts, but fallout in the days after. The local government moved to Brick in southern New Jersey. They set the local population to work building walls to protect the settlement.
Territory: (maps would be helpful, descriptions and borders would suffice): Some land in Trenton, and has all of Brick.
Religion (if applicable): No Goverment Religion, but Christianty is the norm.
Form of Government (if applicable): Republic
Language: English.

United Daene Peoples
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Daene Peoples » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Name of Settlement: The Disunited Daene Islands peoples (more specifically the Ganit clan of south-west islands)
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first): 5,000
Flag:

Leader: Marshall Munid
Military Size (trend to be very small or nonexistent at first): 3,000 train conscripts (too old, too young, no firearms, no uniforms ect.) with an active and standing army of 600 armed people.
History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally): When the bombs fell hundreds of thousands died with many surviving from American and Russian sponsored bombshelters during the cold war. Only to step out and find their homes covered in newly irradiated hell with the temperature rising well over twenty degrees in eastern islands.
Many animal species and people would suffer under the need to produce more food. The radio interferance from the blasts and few availble reasources split the Daene islands amongest it's much older clan and island boundaries.
Territory: (maps would be helpful, descriptions and borders would suffice) Some islands (that don't exist irl) in the middle between Uelen,Russia and Alaska, America
Religion (if applicable): Daene Shamanism and Eastern Christianity
Form of Government (if applicable): Republican democracy.
Language: Around thirty native languages with english, russian, chinese, korean, hebrew, and spanish being common international languages.
I sexually identify as a self-propelled artillery. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of rolling over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person becoming a 240mm gun on traks is impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm a having a mechanic install deplated uranium plans, 30mm coaxial machine guns, and a 240mm gun on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Tyulpan" and respect my right to kill from far away and kill on command. If you can't accept me you are a tankphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Name of Settlement: Alcatraz
Population and Location: 8000
Front gate -
Town centre-
Inside of government building-
- view of east coastal area

Flag: my flag
Leader: Mr Cosantine
Military Size: 500
Map :

History : Alcartraz was formed in Boston USA. It was founded when a refugee boat from Australia arrived in Boston. It came because there had been a collapse of Australia. It was founded into the remains of the Boston area. So the Orignal population of 1000 Aussies end up taking in surviving Americans,Mexicans ,Canadians,. It is an extremely developed settlement with its own functioning hospital and police force and Governemt.

Territory: The Boston area
Religion : athiesism
Form of Government : dictatorship as they obey the lease Mr Cosantine
Language:English
Last edited by The Imperium Empires on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Limerick Union
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Limerick Union » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:54 pm

The Imperium Empires, United Daene Peoples, Republic of New Jersey; all approved.

Everybody can start RP'ing in the IC thread below.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Limerick Union wrote:The Imperium Empires, United Daene Peoples, Republic of New Jersey; all approved.

Everybody can start RP'ing in the IC thread below.

We're the IC
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Solons
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Solons » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Name of Settlement: Palermiun Nomads
Population and Location: Italian Sicily, 600 citizens
Leader: Simon Katan
Military Size: Non-Existant military structure, 450 citizens are armed (various low caliber weapons, crafted/looted melee weapons)
History: Born very recently from a group of Survivors on Sicilian territory, they were initially a small group with only a bunch of Pack-Animals and close to no weapons, dealing a life of basic trade and surviving raids, the longer they survived, the more people joined, and after some months, they became a 600 horde of pack-animals and human alike, often using old car chassis as Caravans.
Theyr rise was swift, and they soon plan on moving inside the mainland to look for more prosperous trade, but will they be ready to face what lies beyond? Or will they fail and fall?
Territory: Sicily, Nomadic (gonna add maps when im on Pc)
Religion: Unheard of, only a really small portion of the population practices various religions.
Government: Chiefdom
Language: Italian, English for "Cultural Exchange"

(Can do more backstory if needed, not a very proficient english speaker, so i probably butchered some grammar)

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:02 am

United Daene Peoples
I love the radio idea, I responded to try to keep the RP alive

Limerick Union
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Limerick Union » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:43 am

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:54 pm

when will the map be updated?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Name of Settlement: Espérer
Population and Location (population tends to be small at first): 6,423, Located on Graham Island in Canada
Leader:Lafayette Desjardins
Military Size: 500 Guards
History (how did the group form, what happened to the area originally): The Inhabitants of Graham Island banded together for the sake of restoring Old World Ideas and Peace to the Canadian Wasteland.
Territory: Graham Island
Religion (if applicable): Tempsism (Worship of the Time God Temps)
Form of Government (if applicable): Monarchy
Language: French
Last edited by Gerdon Laughis on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Is there anything against me finding a few sets of old power armour I won't use them unless I'm allowed but was ist wondering

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:51 pm

Tongan Coast wrote:United Daene Peoples
I love the radio idea, I responded to try to keep the RP alive

it will probably get back up alive again when the holiday ends
Call me Warg or Antic

Carena
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carena » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:24 am

Name of Settlement: Golden Gate Republic
Population and Location: Population is 2400. Located in the SF Bay Area.

Leader: President David Amarillo
Military Size: About 100.
History: The cities of San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland were targeted by Chinese nuclear attacks due to their large populations and powerful information technology industries. While most of the population perished from the attacks or the radiation after it, some survived by staying in underground shelters until the surface was habitable again. Around 200 people in Alameda who survived the nuclear attacks formed the first settlement in the Bay Area, forming defensive structures around the island and repairing it's damaged water, sewage, and electrical infrastructure. Alameda became known as a safe haven from the post apocalyptic dangers that plague the Bay Area, and thus lead to flocks of immigrants heading to Alameda for sanctuary. The burgeoning city state became known as the Golden Gate Republic, and has began expanding beyond the safety of Alameda island, seizing Treasure and Alcatraz Islands as well as establishing three outpost, 1 in San Francisco and 2 in Oakland.

Religion: Though the government is secular, there is a wide variety of religions practiced. The most common is Christianity (and in that, Catholicism), but Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, and Islam are present as well.
Form of Government: Democratic republic
Language: English, though Spanish is also used occasionally.
FEDERATION OF CARENA

Early PMT nation in a 3 nation universe (Late PMT/FT)
Set on Earth with a focus on exploring near-future geopoltical scenarios & the implications of anthropocentric climate change
NEW NEW YORK TIMES|October 2nd, 2122|Omnicore loses 3 year long legal battle over Martian mining accident|Golden State Warriors sign former MVP Melvin Turant to 2 year/226 mil contract with a player option|Empress Xi Mingze denounces Carena & President Gerald Traugott, warning the world they are not to be trusted|Biafra declares independence from Nigeria, experts believe civil war is imminent

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:03 pm

could I edit my app so I have contacts and such in the US? Because Nazis in the US is likely (especially with all the Neo-Nazi activity today)
Call me Warg or Antic

Tongan Coast
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tongan Coast » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:53 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:could I edit my app so I have contacts and such in the US? Because Nazis in the US is likely (especially with all the Neo-Nazi activity today)

I know it's hard for you to be in the RP rn because you're all the way in europe. Perhaps you could contact my nation as we have highly advanced communications so maybe a sat phone or something that my leader or someone could answer

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents