NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: Things to do in Caracasus before you die (MT/PMT/Dip)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:07 am

Ok, I'm putting this to public vote. I have a few ideas, none of them perfect but that's why I'm letting you guys pick the best of the worst, so to speak.

1) all out war: worst idea imo but if needs be I put quite the force on the map to make everyone behave.

2) destroy karthos industry: not sure about this one, would make all involved possibly reconsider what they are doing but I might end just having everyone hate me.

3) Something happens in Significance forcing the 'nation' to withdraw: a bit of a strange one but I could still be involved with my other story arcs and even bring in other 'character' arcs from people who aren't necessarily aligned with Significance but are of that nationality.

Thoughts?

Cardulan
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cardulan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:26 am

Significance wrote:Ok, I'm putting this to public vote. I have a few ideas, none of them perfect but that's why I'm letting you guys pick the best of the worst, so to speak.

1) all out war: worst idea imo but if needs be I put quite the force on the map to make everyone behave.

2) destroy karthos industry: not sure about this one, would make all involved possibly reconsider what they are doing but I might end just having everyone hate me.

3) Something happens in Significance forcing the 'nation' to withdraw: a bit of a strange one but I could still be involved with my other story arcs and even bring in other 'character' arcs from people who aren't necessarily aligned with Significance but are of that nationality.

Thoughts?

I think there are a lot of possibilities that are less extreme. Let's look at the problem from the other side, shall we?

Who is in charge of your nation at the moment and what is he like? What are his or her characteristics? Try to assume the role of Peace or Boris and think about what they would do.

What do you (as a player and a nation) want as a result? A communist Menthi? To be true to your word? A free Karthos? To please Tekeristan? Think about what you want and find a way to work towards that goal.

I really like that people are now putting some weight on logistics. I would like the Boshido mercenaries to participate but the problem is they would have to negotiate a way to arrive unless they are a very small group.

Flauc
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:55 am

Cardulan wrote:
Significance wrote:Ok, I'm putting this to public vote. I have a few ideas, none of them perfect but that's why I'm letting you guys pick the best of the worst, so to speak.

Thoughts?

I think there are a lot of possibilities that are less extreme. Let's look at the problem from the other side, shall we?

Who is in charge of your nation at the moment and what is he like? What are his or her characteristics? Try to assume the role of Peace or Boris and think about what they would do.

What do you (as a player and a nation) want as a result? A communist Menthi? To be true to your word? A free Karthos? To please Tekeristan? Think about what you want and find a way to work towards that goal.

I really like that people are now putting some weight on logistics. I would like the Boshido mercenaries to participate but the problem is they would have to negotiate a way to arrive unless they are a very small group.

Bushido arrives.. you know, we have Nihonese adivsors on our navy continent near Menthi.

I guess they have full permission to arrive because they are basically working on behalf of the MFLM/Flauc, so they arrive alongside with the Flaucese 'humanitarian aid' (which is infact filled with rockets, small amounts of soldiers and SRBMs)
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:56 am

Thoughts?

I think what Cardulan said is right.

You jumped in at the right moment, Cardulan.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:59 am

The more I think about it the more I think I should have just bought Menthi when I had the chance. Not like I'm going to get a second chance is it.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Do you think Carosi would let me buy carosi occupied Menthi?

Cardulan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cardulan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Significance wrote:Do you think Carosi would let me buy carosi occupied Menthi?

This idea is so batshit crazy I think it actually has a very high chance of succeeding. :twisted:

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Cardulan wrote:
Significance wrote:Do you think Carosi would let me buy carosi occupied Menthi?

This idea is so batshit crazy I think it actually has a very high chance of succeeding. :twisted:

I'm planning it now. Buy it then have its own elections so it becomes it's own separate state. Hopefully with the right leader we can have the best of both worlds of a kind capitalist nation who everyone could get behind taking back control of the rest of Menthi. This might just work.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Significance wrote:
Cardulan wrote:This idea is so batshit crazy I think it actually has a very high chance of succeeding. :twisted:

I'm planning it now. Buy it then have its own elections so it becomes it's own separate state. Hopefully with the right leader we can have the best of both worlds of a kind capitalist nation who everyone could get behind taking back control of the rest of Menthi. This might just work.

Take control the rest of Menthi?

Haha, no.. Flauc still supports Menthi.

If that area was brought by Significance, we'd attack, possibly, with the same excuse the USSR used to go to war with Finland. "Your territory is too close to our capital" (but then it was a large city of theirs).

But do what you want :)

It would be interesting.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Flauc wrote:
Significance wrote:

Take control the rest of Menthi?

Haha, no.. Flauc still supports Menthi.

If that area was brought by Significance, we'd attack, possibly, with the same excuse the USSR used to go to war with Finland. "Your territory is too close to our capital" (but then it was a large city of theirs).

But do what you want :)

It would be interesting.

If you attacked, then you would be the aggressor, and I could use the defensive terrain to my advantage.

Cardulan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cardulan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:21 pm

I can't wait to read the inquiry on the purchase of land and slaves from the esteemed god-emperor of all mankind.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:33 pm

Cardulan wrote:I can't wait to read the inquiry on the purchase of land and slaves from the esteemed god-emperor of all mankind.

We will have to wait and see. I think I'd need to wait for Caracasus to give the go ahead.

Saying that, I could always right a letter to Carosi in the IC thread.

Cardulan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cardulan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:39 pm

Significance wrote:
Cardulan wrote:I can't wait to read the inquiry on the purchase of land and slaves from the esteemed god-emperor of all mankind.

We will have to wait and see. I think I'd need to wait for Caracasus to give the go ahead.

Saying that, I could always right a letter to Carosi in the IC thread.

Why not just do that? Tell them Peace is seriously ill and you need to sacrifice 1000 slaves to cure him. I think Carosi will understand that and sell you the land and the people on it.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Cardulan wrote:Tell them Peace is seriously ill and you need to sacrifice 1000 slaves to cure him. I think Carosi will understand that and sell you the land and the people on it.

This.

It's hilarious. And to think that Carosi might accept it... :rofl: :clap:

Of course, it might not succeed. But knowing Carosi...
Last edited by Flauc on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:58 pm

So much seems to start to happen once I've started work.. :(

I don't wish to fall behind, either..

Maltsi had a defensive agreement with Karthos.. Don't know why Flauc is surprised that they are acting in the defense of Karthos..

Also,

Tekeristan openly supports the creation of an independent Zaria state.. Primarily carved out of Carosi & far northern Menthi.. Just don't know how to publicly state that at the moment..

ALSO

Edited previous Menthi liberation post. I had to rush it out this morning, so I better fixed it up.
Last edited by Tekeristan on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:43 am

Jesus, my post took me quite a while..

And (if) I succeed, then I'll have to re-make the whole unit positions *sigh*
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:22 am

Guys I ask you:

1) Should I coup Alvarez's government? (do not look from your way that you want me to coup them because you are against them. think if it is good for Flauc)

2) Would the drafted soldiers turn against me in a coup?

3) What would the Zaria do in a coup?

4) What if I sent a strong worded message to Alvarez, demanding he stop persecution of the Zaria, or support will be withdrawn?

Oh, and I'd like to know if my propaganda efforts are making some Karthos soldiers become deserters or surrender to the MFLM and fight for it, or for maybe more recruits into the MFLM.
Last edited by Flauc on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:36 am

That was quick.

Tomorrow, there will be a post about Mamaris and the rest of the junta, as we well as the MFLM destroying the last pockets of resistance, and a few other things, depends on what happens while I sleep.

Oh, and I'm going away for two weeks, not one.
I might need to sacrifice my sleep to bring posts to you.
Last edited by Flauc on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Well, now that Caracasus drop ships come in, consider all Tekeri ambassadors and scientists retreated.
For now..

I.. Don't know.
I got nothing.

Well, time for Tekeristan to withdraw to its own self. For now, I guess. Nothing else I can do. Karthos is gone & so is all and any influence I could possibly have. :?
Last edited by Tekeristan on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Tekeristan wrote:Well, now that Caracasus drop ships come in, consider all Tekeri ambassadors and scientists retreated.
For now..

I.. Don't know.
I got nothing.

Well, time for Tekeristan to withdraw to its own self. For now, I guess. Nothing else I can do. Karthos is gone & so is all and any influence I could possibly have. :?

Right.. gotta overthink my next plans.

Can't wait for good results in the Saruwa conference. Creation of a "Iberis Peace Coalition" would be nice. But quite an ironic name.

I'm guessing Tekeristan will continue their rhetoric and will bawl their eyes out how Menthi is bad, and Menthi will ignore them.

Why did you evacuate the embassy? :(
Last edited by Flauc on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Flauc wrote:
Tekeristan wrote:Well, now that Caracasus drop ships come in, consider all Tekeri ambassadors and scientists retreated.
For now..

I.. Don't know.
I got nothing.

Why did you evacuate the embassy? :(

Macheteros. (And other dangers to personnel)

And because Tekeri has very little reason to keep ties with Alvarez - he is a tyrant.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:17 pm

For now..

I.. Don't know.
I got nothing.

You could support the zaria.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Significance wrote:
For now..

I.. Don't know.
I got nothing.

With what, words?
Last edited by Tekeristan on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Tekeristan wrote:
Significance wrote:

With what, words?

Well yes. Announced you accept their claims over the land, and that you'll protect them. Least it'd create a problem for flauc who likes the zaria.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Significance wrote:
Tekeristan wrote:
With what, words?

Well yes. Announced you accept their claims over the land, and that you'll protect them. Least it'd create a problem for flauc who likes the zaria.

Tekeri doesn't have the logistics to protect them without assistance/passage from another nation. :P
So.. Words at the moment will have to do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents